Romney: This election is about jobs, not about Obama eating dogs

posted at 4:16 pm on April 18, 2012 by Allahpundit

C’mon. It’s a little bit about Obama eating dogs. The data doesn’t lie, my friends.

The sad truth: A few more months of weak job growth and The One might actually prefer an election about dog-eating.

Mitt Romney today asserted that the general election will be about “jobs not dogs,” when asked by a radio host today about the media’s focus on his former dog Seamus and the president’s admission that he once ate dog meat.

“This campaign is ultimately going to become about jobs not dogs,” said Romney in an interview with Bill Cunningham on WLW radio in Ohio. “You recognize of course that some members of the media, and certainly the DNC and the White house itself are going to do everything in their power to divert the attention of the voter from the failure of the president to try to turn around the economy.”…

Romney appeared uninterested in furthering the story line about his own dog or the president’s childhood meals, instead bringing the focus of the interview back to the way President Obama has handled the economy.

As president and would-be president, O and Mitt have to rise above the mouth-breathing stupidity of dog-themed talking points. Fortunately for bloggers like me who are hungry for cheap traffic, there are plenty of surrogates out there who don’t. Tell ‘em what’s up, “Dogs Against Romney” guy:

The founder of the grassroots organization Dogs Against Romney called the Romney campaign “desperate” for dredging up the revelations that President Obama ate dog meat as a child in Indonesia.

“It seems desperate for the Romney campaign to bring up something that happened to Obama when he was 10 years old, not preparing his own meals, in a country where eating dog meat probably isn’t all that unusual as if it compares in any way to Romney, as a 36-year old adult, in America, making the conscious decision to strap his family pet to the roof of a car for a 12-hour drive, and leaving it up there even after it got sick.”…

“If President Obama had made the conscious decision to eat dog meat as a 36-year old adult, in America, claimed the dog liked being eaten, and still claimed he didn’t think there was anything wrong with it, the Romney campaign would have a point and my pack would be on the president like a pack of wild, well….dogs,” Crider wrote. “But that isn’t what happened.”

I love the fact that even for a meme as dumb as this, which is being pushed as a goof on how moronic the Democrats’ “dog” attacks on Romney are, you’ve still got Obama shills very earnestly engaging with the subject to try to draw a contrast. But then, they have to, right? Like I said last night, the story about Mitt and Seamus really is part of Hopenchange’s campaign strategy. They’re not going to win on the issues but maybe, if they spend enough, they can create enough of a “likability gap” to nose out Romney at the wire. See streiff at Red State for more on that. Quote: “If he can convince you that Romney is a cross between Scrooge McDuck and Moe Howard who adheres to a very strange set of religious beliefs then he wins.”

Here’s Scarborough and company treating the “dog” wars with precisely the degree of seriousness that they deserve.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Pass the Chow Mein, please.

MJBrutus on April 18, 2012 at 6:36 PM

you mean Chihuahua Mein??…

jimver on April 18, 2012 at 6:38 PM

OK…time to find another thread…or sign off…whew.

ddrintn on April 18, 2012 at 6:40 PM

jimver on April 18, 2012 at 6:38 PM

I was thinking Chow Chow Mein. But that sounds like an interesting Asian-Mexican fusion dish :-)

MJBrutus on April 18, 2012 at 6:40 PM

You know where you can put your “respect”.

ddrintn on April 18, 2012 at 6:38 PM

OK, it’s confirmed. You’re an a@@hole

Pft.

Key West Reader on April 18, 2012 at 6:40 PM

OK…time to find another thread…or sign off…whew.

ddrintn on April 18, 2012 at 6:40 PM

voila, mission accomplished :-)

jimver on April 18, 2012 at 6:41 PM

MJBrutus on April 18, 2012 at 6:29 PM

Thanks. I just added more.

Resist We Much on April 18, 2012 at 6:42 PM

I think they really did neutralize the Seamus meme today.

Congratulations to the Romney campaign:

OUTSTANDING job!

cane_loader on April 18, 2012 at 6:39 PM

You mean the fact that Romney had secured his dog to the top of the car is something that had to be “neutralized”? ROFL This is surreal.

aww, rin din din turns out to be a rabid dog :-)

jimver on April 18, 2012 at 6:39 PM

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHahahahaa..aaaa…

ddrintn on April 18, 2012 at 6:42 PM

which Orient do you mean? Carney knows at least three, and one of them is Orient Express…now I can assure you that dog eating an Orient Express is not hilarious at all, it’s actually illegal :-)…

jimver on April 18, 2012 at 6:36 PM

..this is TO-O-O-O-O funny!

(Doesn’t the dog have to catch the train first?)

The War Planner on April 18, 2012 at 6:42 PM

You know where you can put your “respect”.

ddrintn on April 18, 2012 at 6:38 PM

OK, it’s confirmed. You’re an a@@hole

Pft.

Key West Reader on April 18, 2012 at 6:40 PM

a @@? LOL…

ddrintn on April 18, 2012 at 6:43 PM

OK, it’s confirmed. You’re an a@@hole

Pft.

Key West Reader on April 18, 2012 at 6:40 PM

..turns out he always was.

The War Planner on April 18, 2012 at 6:43 PM

Now the Romney campaign can say, “I’ll see your Brought Up in a Religion that Believes in Magic Underwear and raise you a Brought Up in a Religion that Believes if You Eat Dog Meat you Gain Dog Powers.”

The Onion could not come up with a better campaign.

Lily on April 18, 2012 at 6:44 PM

When Michelle asked how his day went, all PBHO could say was that it’s a dog eat dog world out there.

MJBrutus on April 18, 2012 at 6:44 PM

You know where you can put your “respect”.

ddrintn on April 18, 2012 at 6:38 PM

OK, it’s confirmed. You’re an a@@hole

Pft.

Key West Reader on April 18, 2012 at 6:40 PM

Nice little 7-on-1 Mittbot-on-normal person action, but when the normal person reacts, he’s an “a@@hole”.

A@@hole.

ddrintn on April 18, 2012 at 6:45 PM

I don’t know, I guess it’s a little comic relief and fodder for jokes but it seems a pretty pathetic thing to bring up during a campaign to be president. Yea, the jokes about the dog on the car roof are pretty pathetic too. But why on earth would you create a distraction like this if you’re running for office? How are you going to win if you look juvenile?

scalleywag on April 18, 2012 at 6:45 PM

Jay Leno: “President Obama released his tax returns. It turns out he made $900,000 less in 2011 than he did in 2010. You know what that means? Even Obama is doing worse under President Obama.”

galtani on April 18, 2012 at 6:46 PM

turns out he always was.

The War Planner on April 18, 2012 at 6:43 PM

Obviously

Key West Reader on April 18, 2012 at 6:46 PM

The Onion could not come up with a better campaign.

Lily on April 18, 2012 at 6:44 PM

Don’t forget the snake! obambi has snake powers too!

VegasRick on April 18, 2012 at 6:47 PM

turns out he always was.

The War Planner on April 18, 2012 at 6:43 PM

Obviously

Key West Reader on April 18, 2012 at 6:46 PM

Maybe. And within a few months just about the only commenters left here will be the little claque of ‘bots. And then when Romney loses, who knows.

ddrintn on April 18, 2012 at 6:48 PM

OK…time to find another thread…or sign off…whew.

ddrintn on April 18, 2012 at 6:40 PM

a @@? LOL…

ddrintn on April 18, 2012 at 6:43 PM

You promised us you were leaving yet you’re still here. No wonder no one wants to make a wager with you.

alchemist19 on April 18, 2012 at 6:48 PM

galtani on April 18, 2012 at 6:46 PM

And he eats puppies. LOL.

/This is so going to blow over but it really is funny. Especially the twittering and the chicken poodle soup stuff. Hilarious!

Key West Reader on April 18, 2012 at 6:49 PM

How are you going to win if you look juvenile?

scalleywag on April 18, 2012 at 6:45 PM

Thank you. And I know you’re a ‘bot of sorts, at that. At least a sane one, apparently.

ddrintn on April 18, 2012 at 6:49 PM

The Onion could not come up with a better campaign.

Lily on April 18, 2012 at 6:44 PM

Don’t forget the snake! obambi has snake powers too!

VegasRick on April 18, 2012 at 6:47 PM

And Lolo was going to bring him tiger meat!!

/Charlie Sheen? Oye, the hits just keep on coming.

Key West Reader on April 18, 2012 at 6:51 PM

You promised us you were leaving

alchemist19 on April 18, 2012 at 6:48 PM

When? I know ‘bots like seeing things that aren’t there, but…

But anyway, I’ll leave the ‘bots to their fun now.

ddrintn on April 18, 2012 at 6:51 PM

ddrintn on April 18, 2012 at 6:48 PM

if this means you’d be gone by then, heck yeah…..

jimver on April 18, 2012 at 6:52 PM

I’m a he. And it would appear that the only ones slapping their knees over dog jokes are maybe a sliver of the 43% who are going to be voting for Romney in November.
ddrintn on April 18, 2012 at 6:02 PM

Uh huh. Like Ms. Mika Brzezinski and Joe Scarborough and the entire MSNBC morning Joe crew who were laughing hysterically at Eric F’s hilarious tweet. Yep, everyone knows Mika’s in the tank for Mitt./

Buy Danish on April 18, 2012 at 6:52 PM

…it seems a pretty pathetic thing to bring up during a campaign to be president. Yea, the jokes about the dog on the car roof are pretty pathetic too. But why on earth would you create a distraction like this if you’re running for office? How are you going to win if you look juvenile?

scalleywag on April 18, 2012 at 6:45 PM

You’ve got your order of events backwards the “distraction like this if you’re running for office” initially came from President Puppy Muncher’s team.

Jim Treacher demonstrated the idiocy and shallowness of the attack by goofing on Obama’s revelation of snacking on Rover.
The Obama Army attack WAS the distraction.

Dr. Carlo Lombardi on April 18, 2012 at 6:53 PM

Don’t forget the snake! obambi has snake powers too!

VegasRick on April 18, 2012 at 6:47 PM

Well that explains his powers of persuasion. Did you ever see the movie The Jungle Book? That mean old snake Kaa had Mowgli all hypnotized with his spinning snake eyes just so he could eat the poor little boy.

Poor Bo. I cringe when I think of the President looking at him like that.

Sure hope he never got a taste of tiger because with Tiger Blood he would be Winning!

Lily on April 18, 2012 at 6:54 PM

Oh darn, I forgot to acknowledge that ddrintn is a male. He sure sounds like a female dog to me.

Buy Danish on April 18, 2012 at 6:54 PM

Don’t forget the snake! obambi has snake powers too!

VegasRick on April 18, 2012 at 6:47 PM

could have had Tiger DNA too if Lolo kept his promise and brought one for dinner :)…but, alas, he never did :-(….

jimver on April 18, 2012 at 6:54 PM

..I thought he was referencing a GI slang term for “grunt” in WWII and Viet Nam

The War Planner on April 18, 2012 at 6:39 PM

You nailed it. The slang term we used may very well have come from the Cheyenne originally. We called ourselves “dogfaces” and other things too… I posted to your blog by the way.

I still think Mitt needs to hammer the economy. The dog stuff is fun, a little comic relief is good for us. And in that vein

Mitt’s motto is now, “Cry havoc, and let slip the dogs of war!”

MJBrutus on April 18, 2012 at 6:39 PM

Then Zero’s team today must be singing “Who let the dogs out?”

dogsoldier on April 18, 2012 at 6:55 PM

Dr. Carlo Lombardi on April 18, 2012 at 6:53 PM

There’s no better political weapon than a sharp wit.

MJBrutus on April 18, 2012 at 6:55 PM

“This from a guy who made a personal fortune by taking away people’s jobs”, and then trot out the steel mill story and the line “I like to fire people.”

What’s Mitt going to say? If the conservasphere tries to respond with “that’s how capitalism works”, that’s just going to encourage middling voters to say they dislike capitalism.

alwaysfiredup on April 18, 2012 at 4:27 PM

How many people did Obama fire in the Gulf after the oil spill? How about all those people he fired from the coal mines? And then there’s Solyndra…and how many SS agents and GSA folks are going to get their pink slips?

And if the middling voters hate capitalism, then Romney discusses how swell Cuba and Mexico. He could quote Margaret Thatcher and Milton Friedman. He might also mention that most of our ancestors arrived here because the old system said that if their fathers were serfs, they were serfs. No upward mobility there.

I do hope Romney understands these concepts. In his gut. Like Reagan did. Then the American people will understand they’re being conned by the promise of a free lunch.

Portia46 on April 18, 2012 at 6:55 PM

BREAKING: Ann Romney shares her recipie for panda bear roast.

bernverdnardo1 on April 18, 2012 at 6:56 PM

Buy Danish on April 18, 2012 at 6:54 PM

There are males. And then there are basement dwelling males.

:o)~

Key West Reader on April 18, 2012 at 6:56 PM

Don’t forget the snake! obambi has snake powers too!

VegasRick on April 18, 2012 at 6:47 PM

Sad to relate, but Obama did confess to eating snake. An egregious breach of professional courtesy. Cannibalism, almost.

de rigueur on April 18, 2012 at 6:58 PM

bernverdnardo1 on April 18, 2012 at 6:56 PM

Aaaand here comes the WH blog team.

Note: Sarah Palin will now take the fall for Obama’s puppy consumption.

Messina et al will now bring about the topic of blubber eating Alaskans. Jim? I don’t think that’s wise, given the blubber….

/eh, never mind.

Key West Reader on April 18, 2012 at 6:59 PM

Mitt Romney just like McCain loves Obama hates Conservatives

In a raucous speech, Mr. Nugent told audience members that “if Barack Obama becomes the president in November again, I will either be dead or in jail by this time next year.” He added that if they could not “clean house in this vile, evil, America-hating administration, I don’t even know what you’re made out of.”

Barack Obama:

called on Mr. Romney to “condemn Nugent’s violent and hateful rhetoric immediately,”

Cowardly Mitt obliged Obama

“Divisive language is offensive no matter what side of the political aisle it comes from,” said a spokeswoman, Andrea Saul. “Mitt Romney believes everyone needs to be civil.”

As I have been saying 100% Obama wins.

Now I will add.

Mitt is doing every thing in his power to fool us and elect Obama.

Steveangell on April 18, 2012 at 6:59 PM

alwaysfiredup on April 18, 2012 at 4:27 PM

Companies are not charities. Look I’ve worked my way up the ranks from grunt to CTO and every job in between. It’s about making money. If a group isn’t profitable you have two choices, fix it if you can or cut it.

Yeah that means layoffs and I’ve been caught in that a few times myself, but if I ever create my own company I do not want someone who’s never worked, created or built anything telling me what’s “fair.”

dogsoldier on April 18, 2012 at 7:03 PM

“Rutherford B. Hayes had a dog & didn’t let it use the phone, that’s why he’s not on Mount Rushmore.”

“The Maldives don’t have dogs, that’s why we must give it back to Argentina.”

“Sure I went to private schools all my life, but it’s not like I was born with a silver dog dish.”

…history lessons with Barack Obama.

batterup on April 18, 2012 at 7:03 PM

Love these from Taranto:

Because Romney Didn’t Eat Them
“Rachel Maddow Explains Why The Romney ‘Leaving Dog on Top of Car’ Story Has ‘Legs’ “–headline, Mediaite.com, Jan. 12

‘Why Is There No Blue Food?’–George Carlin
“Blue Dog Democrats Face Extinction in Next Election”–headline, Politico.com, April 17

CC: ddrintn

Buy Danish on April 18, 2012 at 7:08 PM

“A dog once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti.”

TXUS on April 18, 2012 at 7:11 PM

Steveangell on April 18, 2012 at 6:59 PM

Do you plan on being dead or in jail by this time next year?

Buy Danish on April 18, 2012 at 7:12 PM

Romney: This election is about jobs, not about Obama eating dogs

Perfect! Almost daily Romney should come out and say, come on, I don’t want to talk about Obama eating dogs, I want to talk about…

RJL on April 18, 2012 at 7:21 PM

Because Romney Didn’t Eat Them

CC: ddrintn
Buy Danish on April 18, 2012 at 7:08 PM

:-) the indisputable winner…and when I thought I heard/saw it all :-)….

jimver on April 18, 2012 at 7:22 PM

As I have been saying 100% Obama wins.

Now I will add.

Mitt is doing every thing in his power to fool us and elect Obama.

Steveangell on April 18, 2012 at 6:59 PM

Geez, chill out a bit brother. I love TN but a candidate cannot condone that.

VegasRick on April 18, 2012 at 7:26 PM

Obama’s getting ready to chou down, if you catch my drift. I believe you do.

SagebrushPuppet on April 18, 2012 at 7:29 PM

I hope this doesn’t mean the Romney campaign is going to roll over and play dead.

andycanuck on April 18, 2012 at 7:32 PM

RJL on April 18, 2012 at 7:21 PM

And the hits just keep on coming.

the indisputable winner…and when I thought I heard/saw it all :-)….
jimver on April 18, 2012 at 7:22 PM

*Sniff* Even better than my line about the Obamas shopping for a pound of ground hound while the Romneys shop for a pound of ground round? :)

Buy Danish on April 18, 2012 at 7:33 PM

andycanuck on April 18, 2012 at 7:32 PM

Nah. He’s too smart to screw the pooch.

MJBrutus on April 18, 2012 at 7:33 PM

Steveangell on April 18, 2012 at 6:59 PM

Do you plan on being dead or in jail by this time next year?

Buy Danish on April 18, 2012 at 7:12 PM

I doubt it. But it was Obama who threatened people with Predator Drones that were his political enemies.

Obama also loves talking about bringing guns to knife fights and knifes to all other fights.

This was a political speech endorsing Romney. No political speech should be taken that literally if it is it is pure politics.

Obviously a game Mitt is either horrible at playing or purposefully losing. I think Mitt is very smart so most likely the later.

Steveangell on April 18, 2012 at 7:45 PM

judging from that photo i bet barry can fit his whole fist in his mouth… or an entire poodle. with mad skills like that someone doesn’t need a silver spoon to be rolling in the dosh.

see, barry does have a specialized “job” skill.

mittens on April 18, 2012 at 8:07 PM

Obama 2012 WTF! – Weinerdogging The Future!

profitsbeard on April 18, 2012 at 8:10 PM

Amazing that this story was out there in print and audio (Obama narrated Dreams for the audio version) and nobody reported it.
Obviously a lot of people bought the book and didn’t read it.

redridinghood on April 18, 2012 at 8:11 PM

EATING DOG is un-AMERICA!

Pork-Chop on April 18, 2012 at 8:14 PM

EATING DOG is un-AMERICAN!

Pork-Chop on April 18, 2012 at 8:14 PM

For the next week and a half at least, Romney needs to start every speech with “I’m not here to talk about Obama eating dogs.” It’s the old Im-not-going-to-talk-about-it-while-talking-about-it ploy.

Mallard T. Drake on April 18, 2012 at 8:18 PM

I’ve got a grand riding on a bet with someone here that Romney loses by more than 8.

ddrintn on April 18, 2012 at 5:34 PM

BWAHAHAHA! Excuse me, let me wipe the tears from my eyes . . .

OK. OK. I want a piece of that action.

In 2008, at the height of his popularity & in a year when Mickey Mouse would have won if he had a “D” after his name due to 8 years of Bush fatigue, Obama had to spend close to a billion dollar to beat McCain by less than 7 points. And you think now with a record for the first time in his life — and one of total failures — and actually up against someone who’s willing to vet him (and who can’t be knocked out of the race on a technicality or a “leak” about his nasty divorce) — also for the first time in his life — he’s going to win re-election by more than 8?

Like shooting fish in a barrel.

Dark Star on April 18, 2012 at 8:20 PM

Buy Danish on April 18, 2012 at 7:33 PM

:-) didn’t see that one…you have to admit, that gift keep on giving and the jokes pouring, can’t keep track of them all, am only human :-)…at a second thought, I am grateful for that :-)…

jimver on April 18, 2012 at 8:23 PM

keeps on giving…

jimver on April 18, 2012 at 8:23 PM

Obviously a lot of people bought the book and didn’t read it.

redridinghood on April 18, 2012 at 8:11 PM

Some cultures do eat dog. Some eat horse. Not an issue, per se. Not until the Obama campaign attempted to make one of his opponent’s dog riding on the car roof.

You better believe his campaign’s going to be scouring that book for backfire potential before they trot out his next attempted distraction from a failed presidency. As will we all.

de rigueur on April 18, 2012 at 8:28 PM

I think they really did neutralize the Seamus meme today.

cane_loader on April 18, 2012 at 6:39 PM

Yes but more importantly, the best way to get to a narcissist like Obama is to mock him. Narcissists take their Grandiose Self-Image extremely seriously and the most effective way to make them fall apart is by laughing at them. That is why even though we all realize how ridiculous the whole “War on Dogs” meme is and how it has nothing to do with the real issues facing this country, it is still important to keep this kind of push back up against Obama. Not only should the GOP candidate keep pounding Obama on his record of failures and the real issues (that Obama wants to ignore), the rest of us can greatly help in keeping Obama off his game.

Dark Star on April 18, 2012 at 8:35 PM

Dark Star on April 18, 2012 at 8:35 PM

And he’s already demonstrated a tendency to lash back at those who question or mock him with his own lame counter-attempts at mockery:

“I can’t spend all of my time with my birth certificate plastered on my forehead.”

“I remember being born in Hawaii.”

Asking Betty White for her birth certificate. The “Made in America” campaign paraphernalia.

Imagine him trying to defuse his new Puppy Muncher moniker with his own series of stupid dog-eating jokes. Wowzers.

de rigueur on April 18, 2012 at 9:11 PM

Don’t worry. We all can be the surrogates that mock Obama and the phony outrage over a very old Romney story. Obama hates ridicule.

onlineanalyst on April 18, 2012 at 9:13 PM

Score number 2 for team Romney.

Think any of these clowns would be poo pooing the dog story if Romneys operation didn’t toss the grenade back at Obama ?

Respond to every attempted distraction with an equal one and media will be tied in a knot.

Win win for Romney.

rickyricardo on April 18, 2012 at 9:32 PM

There goes that photo-op pandering of Obama with Bo. The narrative is set that O ate a dog. Try shaking that image from your head, Dems.

onlineanalyst on April 18, 2012 at 9:33 PM

From Twitter (not mine):

Now we know where all the Blue Dog Democrats went…

kjl291 on April 18, 2012 at 9:35 PM

Then Zero’s team today must be singing “Who let the dogs out?”

dogsoldier on April 18, 2012 at 6:55 PM

Believe me, Romney does NOT want to go there.

Buy Danish on April 18, 2012 at 6:54 PM

They need to let you out of the kennel more often.

BWAHAHAHA! Excuse me, let me wipe the tears from my eyes . . .

OK. OK. I want a piece of that action.

Dark Star on April 18, 2012 at 8:20 PM

Step right up.

ddrintn on April 18, 2012 at 9:35 PM

Here’s something for you all to ponder (and do with as you will!)….The Palm Springs talk radio station reported today that last week Obama issued one of his infamous executive orders. This one lifts the U.S. ban on eating horse meat. Is this to replace the pink slime we rebelled against? Is Trigger or Black Beauty coming to a meat counter near you? Will they even tell us? Ponder away folks…..

MONACO1121 on April 18, 2012 at 9:40 PM

Some cultures do eat dog. Some eat horse.

de rigueur on April 18, 2012 at 8:28 PM

Yes & most Americans find this disgusting.

And last year Obama signed a bill that allows the slaughter of horses.

4 more years and he’ll be quietly signing a bill into law that allows dogs to be slaughtered and shipped to Indonesia

redridinghood on April 18, 2012 at 9:43 PM

What’s the difference between a pit bull and a pig?
Obama doesn’t eat pork.

onlineanalyst on April 18, 2012 at 9:48 PM

Shipped to Indonesia?? Or, maybe just introduced into our own meat supply with no warning. Since they’re so much about openess, that wouldn’t surprise me in the least. We’ve come a long way from “ketchup is a vegetable” days. Get this news tweeted to everyone. Nothing like a pissed-off public to throw them off stride. The gang that can’t walk and chew gum….lol!

MONACO1121 on April 18, 2012 at 9:53 PM

ddrintn on April 18, 2012 at 9:35 PM

Yippity yip, yappity Yap.

Buy Danish on April 18, 2012 at 9:58 PM

The Obama Army attack WAS the distraction.

Dr. Carlo Lombardi on April 18, 2012 at 6:53 PM

Nail meet hammer!

lovingmyUSA on April 18, 2012 at 10:03 PM

Mitt is doing every thing in his power to fool us and elect Obama.

Steveangell on April 18, 2012 at 6:59 PM

Think you are done with that dead chicken…hold on, I’m getting you another…

lovingmyUSA on April 18, 2012 at 10:07 PM

RJL on April 18, 2012 at 7:21 PM

He was on Hannity, and wouldn’t let Hannity go there…brought it right back to the economy. Mittens aint talkn ’bout it…he’s letting his team tackle it. Sign of a leader who knows how to delegate responsibilty. He keeps on message, while his team does the slapping around…I am impressed.

lovingmyUSA on April 18, 2012 at 10:10 PM

“jobs not dogs”

By God, he’s got it! I think he’s got it!

minnesoter on April 18, 2012 at 10:22 PM

Noisy and extended primary, adds up to a serious trial.
One the opposition avoided.

Baseball?
Mr Romney is in shape for the playoffs after a tough season.
Smart player, knows the game. Makes you beat him.
Hits for a strong average, gets on base,
makes few fielding errors,
shows up to play to win every day.

His dry delivery is primed for funny lines.
Short one liners on the stupid D of the day.
If one a week could get traction…

PaleoRider on April 18, 2012 at 10:30 PM

The Obama Army attack WAS the distraction.

Dr. Carlo Lombardi on April 18, 2012 at 6:53 PM

You are right on this!

Red State State of Mind on April 18, 2012 at 10:34 PM

lovingmyUSA on April 18, 2012 at 10:10 PM

I saw that too and got the same impression. So far he seems to be staying on his message and this is a good sign.
+ How well Priebus handles himself on the talking head shows
+ Some of the recent RNC Web ads
and I see some nice positives shaping up.

I was not a Mitt supporter, but I realize he’ll be the R nominee and I will support him. While I agree with many HA posters about the R establishment, I’m pinning my hopes on 2012 on Mitt, and can work for more Conservatives in the future.

Red State State of Mind on April 18, 2012 at 10:42 PM

Score number 2 for team Romney.

Win win for Romney.

rickyricardo on April 18, 2012 at 9:32 PM

Well put. The whole thing really does have the one-two punch of an old war movie where the enemy pitches a grenade into the foxhole, and the GI grabs it and throws it back and blows up the thrower.

As I said upthread, EXCELLENT job by Team Romney. Keep it coming.

Axelrod looks like Moe after Curley blew up the gas station!! :-)

cane_loader on April 18, 2012 at 11:52 PM

ddrintn,

You say it’s pathetic that people are talking about dogs, but c’mon – Axelrod STARTED it!

I mean, are you just lying or have early-onset Alzheimer’s or what?

I’ve seen you make some good comments here over the years but you’ve got to be kidding me, trying to pin this on Romney?Q!?

cane_loader on April 18, 2012 at 11:55 PM

We need to scorn and ridicule the likes of Axelrod. He wants to focus on dogs? By all means. Let’s slap him up side of the head with dogs. Then we bring it on back to the Obama record, and slap him up the other side of the head with that. They want a playground shoving match? Fine. Let’s put them on their ass and move on to the situation on jobs, energy, growth, international threats, etc.

minnesoter on April 19, 2012 at 12:08 AM

Dog eat dog

Schadenfreude on April 19, 2012 at 12:12 AM

Seems to me like it was Obama who “happened” to the dog, not vice-versa.

RINO in Name Only on April 19, 2012 at 3:49 AM

My son said “not only did my dog eat my homework – Obama ate my dog”.

Thicklugdonkey on April 19, 2012 at 4:10 AM

galtani on April 18, 2012 at 6:46 PM

For humor to work, there must be an element of truth. This works and I’m surprised as hell that it came from Leno.

swinia sutki on April 19, 2012 at 5:18 AM

Romney: This election is about jobs, not about Obama eating dogs

TEA Party Patriots agree. This election is about kicking out the LIBERALS along with their socialist programs, waste filled spending, and tax increases, and that is where RonMe’s biggest problem lays in the upcoming election.

Which will you vote for? The GOP liberal or the Democrat liberal? Maybe it is time to elect a third party candidate.

DannoJyd on April 19, 2012 at 6:47 AM

we all might be eating dog if BHO gets re-elected. and be glad to have it. the spca will empty out. DD

Darvin Dowdy on April 19, 2012 at 8:16 AM

let them eat dog

VTWaldrup on April 19, 2012 at 8:25 AM

I will not eat dogs in a crate.
I will not eat dogs on a plate.
I do not like dog meat and spam,
I will not eat them, ‘Bam-I-Am!

ITguy on April 19, 2012 at 9:33 AM

(Doesn’t the dog have to catch the train first?)

The dog took a separate train. With Reggie Love.

askwhatif on April 19, 2012 at 9:36 AM

let them eat dog

VTWaldrup on April 19, 2012 at 8:25 AM

Ha!

Buy Danish on April 19, 2012 at 9:39 AM

Wait – Obama ate snake to take on the powers of the snake? Does that make him a Parseltongue? Is Obama really Voldemort?

Daisy_WI on April 19, 2012 at 9:59 AM

A dog in every pot, and a Volt in every garage.

- Barack Obamuh

OhEssYouCowboys on April 18, 2012 at 4:21 PM

So the dog & the pot are in the garage, when poof, there goes the Volt.
“DINNER’S READY!!!” – Obummbumm’s Mommy