Romney: This election is about jobs, not about Obama eating dogs

posted at 4:16 pm on April 18, 2012 by Allahpundit

C’mon. It’s a little bit about Obama eating dogs. The data doesn’t lie, my friends.

The sad truth: A few more months of weak job growth and The One might actually prefer an election about dog-eating.

Mitt Romney today asserted that the general election will be about “jobs not dogs,” when asked by a radio host today about the media’s focus on his former dog Seamus and the president’s admission that he once ate dog meat.

“This campaign is ultimately going to become about jobs not dogs,” said Romney in an interview with Bill Cunningham on WLW radio in Ohio. “You recognize of course that some members of the media, and certainly the DNC and the White house itself are going to do everything in their power to divert the attention of the voter from the failure of the president to try to turn around the economy.”…

Romney appeared uninterested in furthering the story line about his own dog or the president’s childhood meals, instead bringing the focus of the interview back to the way President Obama has handled the economy.

As president and would-be president, O and Mitt have to rise above the mouth-breathing stupidity of dog-themed talking points. Fortunately for bloggers like me who are hungry for cheap traffic, there are plenty of surrogates out there who don’t. Tell ‘em what’s up, “Dogs Against Romney” guy:

The founder of the grassroots organization Dogs Against Romney called the Romney campaign “desperate” for dredging up the revelations that President Obama ate dog meat as a child in Indonesia.

“It seems desperate for the Romney campaign to bring up something that happened to Obama when he was 10 years old, not preparing his own meals, in a country where eating dog meat probably isn’t all that unusual as if it compares in any way to Romney, as a 36-year old adult, in America, making the conscious decision to strap his family pet to the roof of a car for a 12-hour drive, and leaving it up there even after it got sick.”…

“If President Obama had made the conscious decision to eat dog meat as a 36-year old adult, in America, claimed the dog liked being eaten, and still claimed he didn’t think there was anything wrong with it, the Romney campaign would have a point and my pack would be on the president like a pack of wild, well….dogs,” Crider wrote. “But that isn’t what happened.”

I love the fact that even for a meme as dumb as this, which is being pushed as a goof on how moronic the Democrats’ “dog” attacks on Romney are, you’ve still got Obama shills very earnestly engaging with the subject to try to draw a contrast. But then, they have to, right? Like I said last night, the story about Mitt and Seamus really is part of Hopenchange’s campaign strategy. They’re not going to win on the issues but maybe, if they spend enough, they can create enough of a “likability gap” to nose out Romney at the wire. See streiff at Red State for more on that. Quote: “If he can convince you that Romney is a cross between Scrooge McDuck and Moe Howard who adheres to a very strange set of religious beliefs then he wins.”

Here’s Scarborough and company treating the “dog” wars with precisely the degree of seriousness that they deserve.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5

The War Planner on April 18, 2012 at 5:42 PM

Thank you for the kind words!

dogsoldier on April 18, 2012 at 5:47 PM

You can bet me $1k, MJBrutus, that Romney wins +5. Take me up on it?

ddrintn on April 18, 2012 at 5:45 PM

Heeeeey now, that was my easy money!

alwaysfiredup on April 18, 2012 at 5:47 PM

Not in this life. I made my prediction and that’s that. I don’t like you and I don’t trust you so I’m sure as hell not going to make a bet with you or with All Effed Up.

MJBrutus on April 18, 2012 at 5:46 PM

You don’t have to like or even trust people to make a bet with them. You have to be confident in what you’re placing your bet on. Which, uh, you’re most definitely not. All talk. Blather.

ddrintn on April 18, 2012 at 5:48 PM

ddrintn on April 18, 2012 at 5:33 PM

still clinging to hopenchange, eh ?

Don’t forget Obamacareless SCOTUS ruling shoe still to drop soon….

There’s so much dysfunction with your messiah’s admin and leadership, its hard to keep track of it all the failure. Fast and furious ? that seems so long ago… if the scandals keep on rolling in, its obie one and done.

He’s probably gonna have to pretend the Christian thing again, and start going back to church.

Can I get a Alleluia ?

FlaMurph on April 18, 2012 at 5:48 PM

another lived in a place that features dog as part of the diet. Big deal. Guffaw.

ddrintn on April 18, 2012 at 5:41 PM

that’s the point, ignoramus, in Indoensia they do not eat dog customarily, just a tiny minority does, and this is the weird thing….most Indonesians are Muslim (some 86% of their population) and dogs are haram in Islam, dummy, which means it’s strictly forbidden…Lolo was adhering to some animist Muslim sect, apparently…

jimver on April 18, 2012 at 5:48 PM

Please forgive us, Candidate Romney, and let us enjoy our little bit of fun.

RebeccaH on April 18, 2012 at 5:51 PM

jimver on April 18, 2012 at 5:48 PM

So? That’s your knee-slapper?

still clinging to hopenchange, eh ?

Don’t forget Obamacareless SCOTUS ruling shoe still to drop soon….

FlaMurph on April 18, 2012 at 5:48 PM

Yeah gotta keep looking for those external factors to pull Mitt over that finish line…yep, keep looking, bud.

ddrintn on April 18, 2012 at 5:51 PM

In fact, this was a clever rhetorical move that bodes well for his campaign. Every inane Democratic attack must be countered, and they LOVED this one.

HB3 on April 18, 2012 at 4:21 PM

Forgive me if I misunderstood (your anticedents aren’t clear), but the Democrat response was neither clever nor funny and certainly does not negate two days with gales of laughter, outrageous puns and the instant association whenever Obama east a hotdog or is petting Bo.

The next theme the Dems are going to run is Romney’s new house. When Diane Sawyer asks about it, Romney, himself, needs to respond, “At least my house wasn’t financed by Tony Rezko.”

Alynsky understood one political truth very well: when you become the butt of jokes, you’re finished.

Dog days of summer coming up.

Portia46 on April 18, 2012 at 5:52 PM

This election is about jobs…

More than jobs, Mitt. It’s about liberty.

Mitt needs to follow Reagan and address issues in their broadest and most basic terms.

petefrt on April 18, 2012 at 5:52 PM

Portia46 on April 18, 2012 at 5:52 PM

“Gales of laughter” from where? Romney fans?

ddrintn on April 18, 2012 at 5:53 PM

So? That’s your knee-slapper?

ddrintn on April 18, 2012 at 5:51 PM

no, idiot, you just said that Indonesia features dog as part of their diet, and it doesn’t. It’s weird there too, as it is here.

jimver on April 18, 2012 at 5:53 PM

Want to take me up on it too?
ddrintn on April 18, 2012 at 5:40 PM

Bow Wow. Or should I say, “Yip Yip”? You’re such a ferocious cur.

Buy Danish on April 18, 2012 at 5:54 PM

You don’t have to like or even trust people to make a bet with them.

ddrintn on April 18, 2012 at 5:48 PM

I don’t have to, but I won’t make a bet with someone who I detest. And given your character there is no way that I can either trust you to pay off or trust you with my personal info. I’m not going to try to set up some kind of escrow just to make some bet with you. End of story.

MJBrutus on April 18, 2012 at 5:55 PM

Dog days of summer coming up.

Portia46 on April 18, 2012 at 5:52 PM

looking forwards to :-)…

jimver on April 18, 2012 at 5:55 PM

jimver on April 18, 2012 at 5:53 PM

Not quite, ignoramus. In many parts of Asia, dogs are most definitely on the menu.

ddrintn on April 18, 2012 at 5:55 PM

MJBrutus on April 18, 2012 at 5:46 PM

..smart man, MJ.

The War Planner on April 18, 2012 at 5:56 PM

forward…

jimver on April 18, 2012 at 5:56 PM

I don’t have to, but I won’t make a bet with someone who I detest.

MJBrutus on April 18, 2012 at 5:55 PM

Cowardly blowhard.

ddrintn on April 18, 2012 at 5:56 PM

ddrintn on April 18, 2012 at 5:55 PM

we’re talking about Indonesia, idiot…that’s where your guru grew up, no? He didn’t grow up in China or S Korea where eating dog is more customary indeed..

jimver on April 18, 2012 at 5:57 PM

ddrintn on April 18, 2012 at 5:51 PM

Obamacare is an “external” factor? Like the deficit, the lack of a budget, the world getting ready to go up in flames, the lack of jobs, the price of gas?

And if this is all such a “non-story”, why did David Axelrod, Diane Sawyer, PETA et al start the brawl? Sort of like that war on women, with the moms haven’t worked a day in their life meme?

Portia46 on April 18, 2012 at 5:58 PM

Cowardly blowhard.

ddrintn on April 18, 2012 at 5:56 PM

Butt hurt Palinista.

JPeterman on April 18, 2012 at 5:58 PM

Burp / Arf

barnone on April 18, 2012 at 5:58 PM

Poor humorless sod ddrintn. She must be suffering with a bad case of fleas and mange because she can’t even bring herself to admit how hilarious this has been. Even Portia and others with a reputation as ABRs get it. Oh well, it’s you and angryed alone against the world….

Buy Danish on April 18, 2012 at 5:59 PM

In other canine political news, rumor has it tnat Newt Gingrich ate Wolf Blitzer.

Steve Z on April 18, 2012 at 5:59 PM

MJBrutus on April 18, 2012 at 5:46 PM

..smart man, MJ.

The War Planner on April 18, 2012 at 5:56 PM

Guys, hate to say it but I think ddrintn has been drinking out of the same dog bowl as angryid.

VegasRick on April 18, 2012 at 6:01 PM

Steve Z on April 18, 2012 at 5:59 PM</blockquot

little did I know that Gingrich has such exotic taste :-)

jimver on April 18, 2012 at 6:01 PM

Cowardly blowhard.

ddrintn on April 18, 2012 at 5:56 PM

Butt hurt Palinista.

JPeterman on April 18, 2012 at 5:58 PM

I’d rather be the latter.

Buy Danish on April 18, 2012 at 5:59 PM

I’m a he. And it would appear that the only ones slapping their knees over dog jokes are maybe a sliver of the 43% who are going to be voting for Romney in November.

ddrintn on April 18, 2012 at 6:02 PM

Steve Z on April 18, 2012 at 5:59 PM

Speaking of which, is Newt trying out to be the next Pat Buchannan at CNN? The over-the-top, token spokesman for all things conservative to serve as a punching bag for the leftist audience?

MJBrutus on April 18, 2012 at 6:02 PM

jimver on April 18, 2012 at 5:48 PM

So what else is in that book of wit ? What other gems are in the autobiographical that shed some light on our narcissistic leader?

Its gold Jerry !!- gold I tell’ya!!

I almost regret not reading obie dreams.

FlaMurph on April 18, 2012 at 6:03 PM

Obama hears the silent dog whistle of next November calling his defeat.

profitsbeard on April 18, 2012 at 6:04 PM

MJBrutus on April 18, 2012 at 5:46 PM

..smart man, MJ.

The War Planner on April 18, 2012 at 5:56 PM

Oh, lookie. We have another one who will be flapping those pom-poms around in all our faces but won’t be willing to put his money where his mouth is.

ddrintn on April 18, 2012 at 6:04 PM

MJBrutus on April 18, 2012 at 6:02 PM

in which case he might want to internalize a few lessons from Pat’s ‘rise and fall’ at MSNBC….

jimver on April 18, 2012 at 6:05 PM

Obama’s favorite movie: “Skip My Dog“.

profitsbeard on April 18, 2012 at 6:06 PM

ddrintn on April 18, 2012 at 6:04 PM

I have a $200 bet with a friend of mine that Romney will win, period. I would bet more but not with you because I don’t know if I would get paid.

VegasRick on April 18, 2012 at 6:07 PM

I almost regret not reading obie dreams.

FlaMurph on April 18, 2012 at 6:03 PM

don’t :-) it’s unpalatable for most part…and I’m not talking about the culinary passages :-)…

jimver on April 18, 2012 at 6:08 PM

profitsbeard on April 18, 2012 at 6:06 PM

I just saw a headline, “Bam Bites Dog: The Peril of Personal Attacks – James Taranto, WSJ” :-)

MJBrutus on April 18, 2012 at 6:08 PM

Obama’s favorite movie: “Skip My Dog“.

profitsbeard on April 18, 2012 at 6:06 PM

“Honey I ate the Dog”

VegasRick on April 18, 2012 at 6:08 PM

Obamacare is an “external” factor?

Portia46 on April 18, 2012 at 5:58 PM

Counting on a SC decision on ObamaCare to help out a guy in the polls who already has an individual-mandate albatross around his neck? You bet it’s an “external factor”.

ddrintn on April 18, 2012 at 6:11 PM

MJBrutus on April 18, 2012 at 6:08 PM

at first I thought you were kidding :)..ah, the dog gift that keeps on giving…

jimver on April 18, 2012 at 6:11 PM

‘One time Barack Obama went to an Indian restaurant and ordered the lassi. Was he ever disappointed when the waiter brought him a yogurt drink!’

you got to be kiddin’ me, Taranto :-)

jimver on April 18, 2012 at 6:13 PM

VegasRick on April 18, 2012 at 6:07 PM

What’s the worry? I’d be the one who looks bad, not you.

ddrintn on April 18, 2012 at 6:13 PM

“Yes. Um. Um. I-I-I-I’ll take a large pupperoni, um. Um. Pizza. Um.”

Key West Reader on April 18, 2012 at 6:13 PM

jimver on April 18, 2012 at 6:11 PM

The article has a few menu items, such as

Yorkshire terrier pudding, mutt chop, Pekingese duck, bichon frisee salad, beagle with cream cheese, pure bread.

What no German Shepherd’s pie at the WH?

MJBrutus on April 18, 2012 at 6:14 PM

ddrintn

For evidence that the entire world is laughing at BO and his dog BO… who now seems to be the Whitehouse version of food storage… click the MSNBC link Allah provided.

Those are liberals who are laughing so hard they can’t catch their breath… and Obama supporters.

I think it is unlikely Seamus is the topic of much discussion in the future. Unless of course Mitt decides to start walking his dog before each speech, just to make sure everyone remembers the way his team has turned the tables on poor BO and his dog BO.

If Democrats want to be petty and mean… Romney has proved he can do it better if he has too.

It has been a good week for Mitt. The Etch-a-Sketch has been shaken… and the new picture is looking good.

petunia on April 18, 2012 at 6:15 PM

“Gales of laughter” from where? Romney fans?

ddrintn on April 18, 2012 at 5:53 PM

Well, OK. Some were real groaners. You know how that goes. First you groan, then snicker and if it’s really good or really surprising, puns can lead to belly laughs which get harder as the pun pile-on begins.

Hanging is too good for a man who makes puns; he should be drawn and quoted. ~Fred Allen

Portia46 on April 18, 2012 at 6:16 PM

MJBrutus on April 18, 2012 at 6:14 PM

I dig this one:

‘It reminds us of the conclusion of the sci-fi tale “A Boy and His Dog”: “It’s a cookbook.”

jimver on April 18, 2012 at 6:16 PM

Barack Obama: “They Talk About Me Like I’m a Dog”

DUDE!

Posted on September 6, 2010 by PoliPundit

Barack Obama:

“Some powerful interests who had been dominating the agenda in Washington for a very long time and they’re not always happy with me. They talk about me like a dog. That’s not in my prepared remarks, but it’s true.”

Key West Reader on April 18, 2012 at 6:17 PM

Guaranteed they do a “dog on the roof of the car”. Oh, and it won’t be funny as usual.

VegasRick on April 18, 2012 at 4:56 PM

Not on the roof but same theme.

MontanaMmmm on April 18, 2012 at 6:17 PM

The Jobs Not Dogs campaign

Philly on April 18, 2012 at 6:18 PM

ddrintn on April 18, 2012 at 6:04 PM

..don’t try and goad me, schm*ck. I’d bet with friends and people I trust. You’re just a boring, tedious reprehensible pr!ck.

The War Planner on April 18, 2012 at 6:19 PM

VegasRick on April 18, 2012 at 6:01 PM

Funny, because for years now when I look at that handle, I’ve been thinking ‘rin-tin-tin’.

slickwillie2001 on April 18, 2012 at 6:19 PM

Rin-Din-Din!

Key West Reader on April 18, 2012 at 6:19 PM

Bow Wow. Or should I say, “Yip Yip”? You’re such a ferocious cur.

Buy Danish on April 18, 2012 at 5:54 PM

I thought that was angryed. :)

arnold ziffel on April 18, 2012 at 6:19 PM

…about Obama eating dogs

If I were ever to encounter an Obama eating dog, I would say, “Good dog!” Then I would scratch his ears and rub his tummy.

Dee2008 on April 18, 2012 at 6:20 PM

slickwillie2001 on April 18, 2012 at 6:19 PM

Jinx!

Key West Reader on April 18, 2012 at 6:20 PM

Obama’s “scandal” on Romney is the latest dog that did not bark :-)

MJBrutus on April 18, 2012 at 6:21 PM

Key West Reader on April 18, 2012 at 6:17 PM

And a viscous slur against one of God’s noblest creatures it was, to be sure.

dogsoldier on April 18, 2012 at 6:21 PM

I dig this one:

jimver on April 18, 2012 at 6:16 PM

That was a cool movie.

Key West Reader on April 18, 2012 at 6:22 PM

TEAM ROMNEY – GAME ON! Many were concerned that if Romney were nominated, that the Seamus-on-cartop meme would bite him in the asset. I am thrilled to see that between Ann Romney’s Nuclear Response to “Rosengate” and the plethora of tweets, t-shirts,buttons related to #ObamaDogRecipes, Team Romney seems to have the “fire in the belly” to defeat the Once.

Mutnodjmet on April 18, 2012 at 6:22 PM

dogsoldier on April 18, 2012 at 6:21 PM

Is it just your handle or do you work with dogs? I can think of no better job if you do :-)

MJBrutus on April 18, 2012 at 6:24 PM

Wish I had said that.

Cleombrotus on April 18, 2012 at 6:25 PM

Key West Reader on April 18, 2012 at 6:17 PM

And a snake “tougher”.

VegasRick on April 18, 2012 at 6:25 PM

Watch Matt Groening (The Simpsons) have a blast with this.

Obama the dog eating man.

Rawr.

Key West Reader on April 18, 2012 at 6:26 PM

And a snake “tougher”.

VegasRick on April 18, 2012 at 6:25 PM

As in Plisskin? heh.

/Sorry, couldn’t resist.

Key West Reader on April 18, 2012 at 6:26 PM

slickwillie2001 on April 18, 2012 at 6:19 PM

Obambi saw your post and thought “din-din-din”

VegasRick on April 18, 2012 at 6:27 PM

That was a cool movie.

Key West Reader on April 18, 2012 at 6:22 PM

funnily enough I’ve never seen the movie, only read Ellison’s book long time ago…

jimver on April 18, 2012 at 6:27 PM

And a snake “tougher”.

VegasRick on April 18, 2012 at 6:25 PM

As in Plisskin? heh.

/Sorry, couldn’t resist.

Key West Reader on April 18, 2012 at 6:26 PM

And then Lolo was going to bring him some Tiger meat.

As in… Tony the Tiger? Obama.. He’s grrrrrrrrreat! But he eats dogs. Damn

Key West Reader on April 18, 2012 at 6:27 PM

Romney treated this the way he treated Stephanopolis’ contraception question–dismissively, as it deserved to be treated. The left is struggling to depict him as weird and manages instead to show he’s full of common sense.

writeblock on April 18, 2012 at 6:28 PM

The Romney campaign is neutralizing every Obama Team attack before it ever gets off the ground. This is hilarious! I would LOVE to see the level of frustration in the Obama Campaign HQ right about now. Next up? Romney’s religion. Oh…but…Rev. Wright…

Rational Thought on April 18, 2012 at 6:28 PM

How loving owners transport their dogs.

fenryys on April 18, 2012 at 6:28 PM

The last week does make you think Mitt beat the others with one hand tied behind his back.

They complained about negative… but Mitt had so much more he could have used and he held back.

Mitt is known for practical jokes. He is known to have a wicked sense of humour. And I’m pretty sure we are seeing that now.

petunia on April 18, 2012 at 6:28 PM

the Once.

Mutnodjmet on April 18, 2012 at 6:22 PM

That, right there, is very good!

VegasRick on April 18, 2012 at 6:28 PM

The War Planner on April 18, 2012 at 6:19 PM

Bow Wow. Or should I say, “Yip Yip”? You’re such a ferocious cur.

Buy Danish on April 18, 2012 at 5:54 PM

slickwillie2001 on April 18, 2012 at 6:19 PM

Jinx!

Key West Reader on April 18, 2012 at 6:20 PM

Those sweet, sweet ‘bots never fail to come through, do they?

And yeah, my username looks a lot like rin tin tin, come to think of it. That’s as hilarious as…dog-eating in the Orient. I guess.

ddrintn on April 18, 2012 at 6:29 PM

Resist We Much on April 18, 2012 at 6:27 PM

LOL! That was fast work. Great stuff :-)

MJBrutus on April 18, 2012 at 6:29 PM

Has the poster posted who has salivated to tell about dog riding on top of car? Sorry, don’t have time to read all of them.
But forever they just couldn’t wait to tell the story. They were sure it would tank Gov Romney.
Ok, so now what about eating one. It makes my skin crawl to think of it.

Bambi on April 18, 2012 at 6:29 PM

Ladies and gentleman, you are actually witnessing a very important moment in American politics. This is an absolutely revolutionary moment in political communications. The Democrats have lost the stranglehold they have had on mass communications.

They can no longer control, manage, and spin the narrative. While Dunn and Rosen sit in SKD Knickerbocker fighting “the last war” from their PR trenches, the message is leaking uncontrollably around them and there is nothing they can do about it. They can’t stop it, they can’t control it, and they are giving the impression of flailing in their attempt to react to it.

Don’t take this moment in history lightly, ladies and gentlemen, this is truly a revolutionary moment. This is the REAL “tea party” moment. The Democrats no longer have a stranglehold on the news cycle.

Welcome to America!

crosspatch on April 18, 2012 at 4:40 PM

You can’t stop the signal….

Kristamatic on April 18, 2012 at 6:30 PM

the Once.

Mutnodjmet on April 18, 2012 at 6:22 PM

superbly put :-)

jimver on April 18, 2012 at 6:31 PM

jimver on April 18, 2012 at 6:27 PM

They did make it into a movie in the early 80′s.

Key West Reader on April 18, 2012 at 6:31 PM

MJBrutus on April 18, 2012 at 6:24 PM

Nope, I’m not a handler. In the military I was an engineer and have seen the dogs work.

dogsoldier on April 18, 2012 at 6:32 PM

slickwillie2001 on April 18, 2012 at 6:19 PM

Obambi saw your post and thought “din-din-din”

VegasRick on April 18, 2012 at 6:27 PM

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Wow, those ‘bots and their humor…

ddrintn on April 18, 2012 at 6:34 PM

Did Romney really bring this up?

scalleywag on April 18, 2012 at 6:34 PM

I can’t stop LOL’ing about the chicken poodle soup!

d1carter on April 18, 2012 at 6:35 PM

d1carter on April 18, 2012 at 6:35 PM

Pass the Chow Mein, please.

MJBrutus on April 18, 2012 at 6:36 PM

That’s as hilarious as…dog-eating in the Orient. I guess.

ddrintn on April 18, 2012 at 6:29 PM

which Orient do you mean? Carney knows at least three, and one of them is Orient Express…now I can assure you that dog eating an Orient Express is not hilarious at all, it’s actually illegal :-)…

jimver on April 18, 2012 at 6:36 PM

slickwillie2001 on April 18, 2012 at 6:19 PM

Obambi saw your post and thought “din-din-din”

VegasRick on April 18, 2012 at 6:27 PM

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Wow, those ‘bots and their humor…

ddrintn on April 18, 2012 at 6:34 PM

With all due respect, I don’t think they’re Romneybots.

Key West Reader on April 18, 2012 at 6:36 PM

Did Romney really bring this up?

scalleywag on April 18, 2012 at 6:34 PM

I would like to think it was his more cretinous followers. But whoa, Mitt just won the election based on teh awesome dog-humor!

ddrintn on April 18, 2012 at 6:37 PM

Mitt’s right, and he made a great soundbite asking to call off the dogs, but posters above are correct too. The election is about unbridled grabs for power, the cost of food and gas.

It’s about the looming Taxageddon and preventing Zero’s fundamental tranformation of our country into a socialist nightmare.

dogsoldier on April 18, 2012 at 6:37 PM

With all due respect, I don’t think they’re Romneybots.

Key West Reader on April 18, 2012 at 6:36 PM

You know where you can put your “respect”.

ddrintn on April 18, 2012 at 6:38 PM

But nooooow the Romney campaign can say things like, “I’ll see your “Weird religion that believes in magic underwear.” and raise you one, “Weird religion that believes if you eat dog meat you gain dog powers.”

Lily on April 18, 2012 at 6:38 PM

Pass the Chow Mein, please.

MJBrutus on April 18, 2012 at 6:36 PM

you mean Chihuahua Mein??…

jimver on April 18, 2012 at 6:38 PM

I once had a misbehaving dog and I threatened to tie him up to the door at a restaurant with a sign hung around his neck that read “Eat me”.

/What was I thinking? Obama could have walked right up to the door and ate my dang dog. Sheesh. What a whirld we live in.

Key West Reader on April 18, 2012 at 6:38 PM

Mitt’s motto is now, “Cry havoc, and let slip the dogs of war!”

MJBrutus on April 18, 2012 at 6:39 PM

(Better late than never).

TO ROMNEY AND HIS MEDIA TEAM:

DOGS WITH JOBS.

DOGS WITH JOBS.

I repeat,

DOGS WITH JOBS.

…it’s the way to go forward.

Lourdes on April 18, 2012 at 6:39 PM

You know where you can put your “respect”.

ddrintn on April 18, 2012 at 6:38 PM

aww, rin din din turns out to be a rabid dog :-)

jimver on April 18, 2012 at 6:39 PM

I think they really did neutralize the Seamus meme today.

Congratulations to the Romney campaign:

OUTSTANDING job!

cane_loader on April 18, 2012 at 6:39 PM

MJBrutus on April 18, 2012 at 6:24 PM

..I thought he was referencing a GI slang term for “grunt” in WWII and Viet Nam, but I looked it up and there was apparently a militant band of Cheyenne Indians who were some mean motor scooter. Either way, he’s pretty funny, makes some great comments and I would want to stay on his good side.

Interested to find out the real 4-1-1, though.

The War Planner on April 18, 2012 at 6:39 PM