Romney: The media “vast left-wing conspiracy” will attack me at every turn

posted at 1:21 pm on April 18, 2012 by Tina Korbe

In an interview with Breitbart.com’s Larry O’Connor, presumptive GOP nominee Mitt Romney adopted a proven strategy to appeal to a conservative audience: He attacked the mainstream media.

It didn’t sound like a gimmick, though. It sounded as though a single week with the media in general election mode has sobered Mitt Romney into the recognition that the MSM really will do what it can to forward Barack Obama’s reelection effort and thwart Romney’s effort to unseat him.

It wasn’t so long ago that Mitt Romney was implying it is somehow intellectually lazy to attack the MSM — but this is what he had to say in the interview with O’Connor:

“There will be an effort by the quote vast left-wing conspiracy to work together to put out their message and to attack me,” Romney said in an interview with Breitbart.com. “They’re going to do everything they can to divert from the issue people care about, which is a growing economy that creates more jobs and rising incomes. That’s what people care about.” …

“If people are bending or breaking the law then we’re going to have to focus on that and do something about that,” Romney responded. “I don’t know how much is related to that, or how much is just that many in the media are inclined to do the president’s bidding, and I know that’s an uphill battle we fight generally.”

If the recent uproar over whether Romney or Obama treats dogs better is any indication, Romney is absolutely right. No issue will be dismissed as too small to serve as a worthy distraction — and, while I stand by what I wrote yesterday, which is that even the distractions teach us something about the candidates and ourselves, I also think Romney is right to remain focused on the economy. It’s largely why Republicans ultimately nominated him and also the issue most likely to sway independents.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

No, I’m not confused. What happened was that our crony government got in bed with crony banks and were having an orgy with Freddi and Fanni, and then when their ponzy scheme came crashing down, instead of the bad guys going broke and/or to prison, they bailed themselves out with money confiscated from the American people.

FloatingRock on April 18, 2012 at 4:50 PM

I repeat… they did not bail themselves out. Crooks? Franklin Raines, Chris Dodd… the list is endless. Who should have gone belly up? Fannie and Freddie. Who didn’t: Fannie and Freddie. Whose legislation is all at the root of this? Dems. Have Banks done some bad things? Of course… but by comparison who are the bad people and bad banks here? You can’t lay this on Citi, Wells, Chase, and BofA.

And again… what industry is shafting the Treasury more? Auto or Bank?

VietVet_Dave on April 18, 2012 at 5:04 PM

We don’t even know what the delegate count is yet, there are only projections. I realize that statists love their projections but I prefer actual results.

FloatingRock on April 18, 2012 at 5:03 PM

I see. So, you’re hanging your hopes on the fact that the projections are that wildly inaccurate? Alllrrrighty then…..Let us know how that works out for you.

ManWithNoParty on April 18, 2012 at 5:06 PM

How many more delegates is Newt going to get?

alchemist19 on April 18, 2012 at 5:02 PM

Hard to say. Ron Paul is going to eat into the remaining caucuses that Mitt was counting on to put him over the top, Newt’s campaigning like mad in Delaware (to avoid a shutout in the NE primaries), he’s got a great shot at 23 delegates in Colorado, Texas and NC love him, etc etc.

This primary has been all about momentum. Mitt wants everyone to believe its over so there won’t be any more momentum for other candidates. We don’t have to follow along. An improbable win in DE plus victories in the NC and TX primaries, and Paul wins in the MO and TX caucuses, would make the game look a lot different.

alwaysfiredup on April 18, 2012 at 5:07 PM

Hold on a second. Do you buffoons think Obama ate dog meat recently?
angryed on April 18, 2012 at 4:59 PM

Depends on what Moochelle ordered him to do behind those closed doors recently…..
ManWithNoParty on April 18, 2012 at 5:03 PM

I think we should be fair here and wait until Obama makes a statement about his wont for eating dogs. If he announces he’s learned to stop salivating every time a Lassie rerun come on, I think we should take his word for it, as we do with his smoking.

whatcat on April 18, 2012 at 5:11 PM

I’m going to offer my opinion even tho I wasn’t asked. Deal.

Alright. What’s your plan? If Romney is the nominee, who should we vote for?

I’m either leaving it blank or voting Gary Johnson.

If Obama wins what should we do – what’s the plan to deal with Obama?

Win the Senate, keep the House and drown him with investigations on all the crap he did the first four years. Should be fun.

kim roy on April 18, 2012 at 3:03 PM

Gingrich/Santorum 2012. It’s still possible.

alwaysfiredup on April 18, 2012 at 4:52 PM

No, this is cool. At least it’s a discussion instead of useless, meaningless jabs.

I like what you say and understand leaving the president part blank, but can’t really count on getting the House/Senate. Personally, I think we should do everything to keep Obama out, even if it is Romney and spend the next four years to work towards increasing conservatism even if it means third party or taking over the GOP.

I hope Gingrich stays in. He has a lot to offer and would do a decent job.

kim roy on April 18, 2012 at 5:15 PM

VietVet_Dave on April 18, 2012 at 5:04 PM
Yes, they did bail themselves out. All of the cronies in government, the GSE’s and the corrupt banks involved in manufacturing the housing/debt bubble bailed themselves out. Few if any of them paid the price, and instead of going out of business they are still their, corrupting our government.

If you weren’t aware of that perhaps you should look into it.

FloatingRock on April 18, 2012 at 5:16 PM

Sorry, meant to quote VietVet, not strike.

FloatingRock on April 18, 2012 at 5:16 PM

I think that I’m done with HA, at least until after the election. HA threads seem to be overly dominated now by angry, rude posters who don’t seem very interested in having a civil conversation about how to advance conservative causes and principles. Too many of the conversations on HA have devolved into a cesspool of sniping by name-callers and back-biters who are either liberal/progressive trolls masquerading as conservatives or conservatives who have decided to become like the enemies of conservatism. When I first began reading and posting on HA a few years ago, I actually enjoyed being here. I don’t anymore. Maybe the moderators need to reconsider what they think a “conservative blog” should actually be and limit participants to those who a capable of carrying on a dialog that is worthy of the conservative brand. As it stands now, too many posters on HA are looking more and more like the DailyKos crowd.

NuclearPhysicist on April 18, 2012 at 5:16 PM

Obama = Romney. Look at their records. Identical on every major issue. You can stick your head in the sand and pretend the guy who brought you RomneyCare is a severe conservative. Be my guest.

angryed on April 18, 2012 at 4:53 PM

You are a troll. Here is the question and compare it to your answer:

Alright. What’s your plan? If Romney is the nominee, who should we vote for? If Obama wins what should we do – what’s the plan to deal with Obama?

I’m serious. If you want any shred of credibility and become no more than L4L and eventually get banned for trolling, speak up.

With every post you seem to be losing more and more of your mind. Convince us that your way is the better way. Outline the plan of how not voting for the R (Romney) is going to get us ahead in the short and long term.

I’m taking the premise that you’d vote for anyone NOT Romney, whoever that may be. I’d also like to know who is left (or viable) that you think should be the nominee.

kim roy on April 18, 2012 at 3:03 PM

You keep shaking that fist and I’ll keep posting these questions with your meaningless answer.

kim roy on April 18, 2012 at 5:17 PM

“Lamestream media”= so embarrassing, not in
“vast left wing conspiracy”= how intellectual!

promachus on April 18, 2012 at 5:18 PM

Obama served his country.

On a silver platter to our enemies.

fogw on April 18, 2012 at 2:15 PM

just like he serves his dogs :-)…

jimver on April 18, 2012 at 5:19 PM

kim roy on April 18, 2012 at 5:15 PM

I’m way beyond just voting GOP for the Senate. I’ve got Claire McCaskill in my state and come heck or high water she’s going to lose this November, and I will bust my hump to make it so. So that’s one seat that flips red to blue. We don’t need too many more.

alwaysfiredup on April 18, 2012 at 5:20 PM

alwaysfiredup on April 18, 2012 at 5:07 PM

I think the only caucus left apart from whatever Missouri is doing is in Indiana. Give Newt Delaware and Romney will still probably pull in 150 delegates on Tuesday at the bare minimum. If Newt does even start to show signs of life, Mitt’s got Utah in the bag and can deploy the Death Star to New Jersey and California where the territory is favorable to him, the media markets are helaciously expensive and over 200 delegates are up for grabs. If Mitt won a caucus in Washington then he should have the edge in a primary in Oregon (he’s run far better in primaries than he has in caucuses). Mitt won’t get skunked in Texas, either; we’ve seen him run very well in suburban areas so he’ll be able to mine votes and delegates in DFW, Houston and Austin. Even if he somehow lost North Carolina he’ll still get delegates out of the Research Triangle.

Where do you see I am being too kind to Mitt?

alchemist19 on April 18, 2012 at 5:22 PM

kim roy on April 18, 2012 at 5:15 PM

alwaysfiredup on April 18, 2012 at 5:20 PM

It’s certainly do-able if people keep their heads and attention spans intact.

kim roy on April 18, 2012 at 5:22 PM

NuclearPhysicist on April 18, 2012 at 5:16 PM

They are trolls, they are mobies. People need to stop feeding them or they’ll just dominate the comments.

joana on April 18, 2012 at 5:25 PM

alchemist19 on April 18, 2012 at 5:22 PM

TX has a two-step system with both primary and caucus. With Perry’s endorsement and Texas’ “screw-em” attitude, Gingrich could do well there.

you’re not being too “kind” to Mitt, just overestimating his chances IMO.

alwaysfiredup on April 18, 2012 at 5:25 PM

Mitt wants everyone to believe its over

It’s over. You don’t have to like it but you do have to deal with it. Romney was my last choice after Paul (who few took seriously anyway due to his unbending isolationist stance) for the nomination but I’m also a realist. It’s over. I really wanted Rubio but at the very least, I wanted a proven conservative. My hope now is that Romney surprises everyone. Remember that there were a lot of conservatives who thought Reagan was too much of a centrist due to being from California.

Again, it’s over. Choose to not believe it if you want but you’re just fooling yourself.

slug on April 18, 2012 at 5:26 PM

It’s over.
It’s over.
Again, it’s over.

slug on April 18, 2012 at 5:26 PM

Saying it three times does not actually make it happen. That’s just a myth.

alwaysfiredup on April 18, 2012 at 5:29 PM

joana on April 18, 2012 at 5:25 PM

Do you even know what a “Moby” is?

alwaysfiredup on April 18, 2012 at 5:30 PM

This from the man who did scorched earth against Republican candidates and had Fox News in his hip pocket.

Vast left wing conspiracy will get old fast as he sounds like he is whining because everyone is not lining up behind him. When did Republicans get such wimps? They can dish it but cannot take it.

Whoever is Romney’s advisors or if it is him, get a new line because this one is a joke. My problem with Palin was complaining about the media. Take it to them and don’t be afraid to go on all the networks and shows instead of depending on Fox News which showed how biased they could be during the primary.

Also getting tired of people demanding I vote for the Republican nominee — I have done that since I first voted and frankly I am tired of the current candidate and have been since before he started this election. As one article said, he is an accomplished liar and it shows that he has no core values as he flip flops all over the place and alienates different groups.

I don’t have a solution but if we don’t get rid of the RNC Chair and the way they run the RNC, they won’t have to worry about 2016 because another group will rise up from these ashes. You don’t have a candidate going around with ‘scorched earth’ and think it is just fine, debates with liberal moderators to showcase Romney and then when he starts doing bad, no more debates. All states voting before 1 April were required to proportion delegates but Priebus didn’t make FL and AZ since they went to Romney. We had voter fraud, dead people voting, missing ballot boxes and a bunch of dems/indys voting to give Romney the nomination when at least 60% of Republicans voted against him, yet I am supposed to swallow the Romney koolaid and vote for someone I don’t respect and cannot stand. Not happening.

Will support House and Senate races for Republicans but Romney can self-fund his campaign with his wealthy donors for all I care. RNC will never see one penny of my money until they clean house and every candidate who announces is treated the same. Tired of the whole mess.

PhiKapMom on April 18, 2012 at 5:33 PM

“Lamestream media”= so embarrassing, not in
“vast left wing conspiracy”= how intellectual!

promachus on April 18, 2012 at 5:18 PM

Do you know what’s embarrassing? That you don’t understand Romney used that expression to poke fun at Clinton. Perhaps you should listen to the interview.

joana on April 18, 2012 at 5:34 PM

And I go to buy a newspaper, nothing but anti-capitalism junk out there like the WSJ and IBD.

angryed on April 18, 2012 at 1:28 PM

well, Baraka has asked Vladimir for advice on how to crack down effectively on dissenting media like WSJ…turned out Vladimir replied via Medved, that he should wait till he has more ‘flexibility’, in his second term…little did Vladimir know that this wasn’t going to happen :-)…

jimver on April 18, 2012 at 5:36 PM

PhiKapMom on April 18, 2012 at 5:33 PM

These Kos trolls need to actualize the talking points. Not that it really matters anymore, but Santorum won the democratic vote by a mile. In some states, it was the only thing making him competitive.

joana on April 18, 2012 at 5:36 PM

We had voter fraud, dead people voting, missing ballot boxes PhiKapMom on April 18, 2012 at 5:33 PM

These were big problems in the Republican Primary??

Not that I ever heard.

RightWay79 on April 18, 2012 at 5:37 PM

RightWay79 on April 18, 2012 at 5:37 PM

why would you hear? The only people who know about it were the ones participating.

alwaysfiredup on April 18, 2012 at 5:44 PM

Do you know what’s embarrassing?

joana on April 18, 2012 at 5:34 PM

That you have no idea what a “troll” is, much less a “Moby” troll. You think it’s someone who disagrees with you. It’s not.

alwaysfiredup on April 18, 2012 at 5:46 PM

alwaysfiredup on April 18, 2012 at 5:44 PM

Isn’t it kind of silly, though, to go about making baseless accusations just because one doesn’t like the guy who won?

RightWay79 on April 18, 2012 at 5:46 PM

Isn’t it kind of silly, though, to go about making baseless accusations

RightWay79 on April 18, 2012 at 5:46 PM

I don’t happen to have any inside knowledge of whether what she said was true or false. Not my state.

alwaysfiredup on April 18, 2012 at 5:49 PM

alwaysfiredup on April 18, 2012 at 5:49 PM

Wasn’t saying you were making the accusations.
Just asking a (more or less) rhetorical question in regards to the seeming hyperbole.

RightWay79 on April 18, 2012 at 5:52 PM

alwaysfiredup on April 18, 2012 at 5:20 PM

We can disagree on the primary all we want, when it comes this race though I’m right there with you. Her knocking of Talent was one of the true lowlights of 2006. Thank you in advance for all your work helping send McCaskill back to private life.

alchemist19 on April 18, 2012 at 5:52 PM

joana on April 18, 2012 at 5:36 PM

Not everyone who doesn’t like Romney is a troll or a Moby. Many of us are just disillusioned with the Republican party and at least the last two nominees. Many of us held our nose and voted for John McCain, and frankly we are sick of holding our nose and voting for the loser. Snubbing the base and insulting the base will be a losing strategy. Yes, you need independents and moderates, but you need the base as well.

The fact that Romney understands the media is against him is a point in his favor. I look forward to see his VP pick and if he using them to shore up the base or continues to focus on moderates and independents.

melle1228 on April 18, 2012 at 5:53 PM

joana on April 18, 2012 at 5:25 PM

joana on April 18, 2012 at 5:36 PM

So Romney purists want to lock themselves up in their own little echo chamber and shut out all dissenters, like a cult, huh? So much for the much acclaimed “big tent”. What a load of BS that turned out to be.

FloatingRock on April 18, 2012 at 5:54 PM

Wasn’t saying you were making the accusations.

RightWay79 on April 18, 2012 at 5:52 PM

If she saw fraud, or if her friends saw fraud, then it’s not baseless. Our caucuses were hardcore f’ed up. It so happens that Ron Paul is very likely to win them. Tons of my state residents are POed because Santorum won our beauty-contest primary in a walk and are claiming fraud by the Paul people. Did any of that make it into the news? Heck no.

Counterexample: You’ve heard tons about the racist profiling that caused Zim to gun down an innocent skittles-and-tea-bearing child. Except none of that is true.

Whether you heard about something doesn’t mean jack about whether it happened.

alwaysfiredup on April 18, 2012 at 5:55 PM

All of the so-called “moderates”, which are actually a bunch of far-right authoritarian statists, want to throw everybody else out of the tent now that they’re the conductor. It’s just further proof that they are in fact the far right, just like in the history books.

FloatingRock on April 18, 2012 at 5:55 PM

FloatingRock on April 18, 2012 at 5:54 PM

They don’t want a big tent. They want moderates and independents and think conservative are as reliable snowed as blacks are for the Democrats. They take for granted that there is no one else to vote for and some of them think Romney is going to sail to victory by 10 points. They don’t realize that they need the whole coalition, because independents and moderates alone are not going to carry Romney over the finish line. And moderates and independents are not the money or the volunteers usually.

melle1228 on April 18, 2012 at 5:59 PM

Whether you heard about something doesn’t mean jack about whether it happened.

alwaysfiredup on April 18, 2012 at 5:55 PM

I hear what you’re sayin’.

But at some point, you’ve got to use a little discernment.
Allegations that Republican Primaries were full of voter fraud just doesn’t pass the smell test.

I’ll grant you that some of the caucuses were seriously demented. But, I don’t think PhiKappaMom was talking about those.

She insinuated things like dead people voting and other voter fraud.

If these things were true, believe me…we would have heard (from the losing campaigns).

RightWay79 on April 18, 2012 at 6:01 PM

melle1228 on April 18, 2012 at 5:59 PM

Its kind of an interesting study in different perceptions.
I think Romney has run a very Conservative campaign.

He did it in an unusual way though.

Most people start the GOP primary race far, far right and then go more center-right in order to win the general.
That appears to have been Romney’s strategy in 2008.

In 2012, he started out center-right and has been tacking more and more Conservative the closer he gets to the general.

Interesting (and very unusual) strategy… but it appears it is working!

RightWay79 on April 18, 2012 at 6:04 PM

RightWay79 on April 18, 2012 at 6:01 PM

when those campaigns have no money, it is hard to get a message out. They rely on word-of-mouth, but you said that’s not enough for you.

alwaysfiredup on April 18, 2012 at 6:04 PM

joana on April 18, 2012 at 5:36 PM

Not everyone who doesn’t like Romney is a troll or a Moby.

melle1228 on April 18, 2012 at 5:53 PM

I know, I don’t like Romney either.

The trolls and mobies are easy to identify. There are plenty of them here.

joana on April 18, 2012 at 6:05 PM

They rely on word-of-mouth, but you said that’s not enough for you.

alwaysfiredup on April 18, 2012 at 6:04 PM

Hearsay is not enough for me.

And its not even word-of-mouth if no one has ever talked about it until it suddenly appears in a single post here on HA.

RightWay79 on April 18, 2012 at 6:07 PM

RightWay79 on April 18, 2012 at 6:04 PM

We will see. It will be interesting to see. Romney has somewhat got my attention the last week. We will see what kind of veep he picks. I am an ABO voter, so I am one of those schmucks who are a sure thing.. but that means I have to get the energy to get into the car to vote.

melle1228 on April 18, 2012 at 6:07 PM

FloatingRock on April 18, 2012 at 5:54 PM

They just have no respect for the Troll Rights Act!1!11!!

whatcat on April 18, 2012 at 6:09 PM

melle1228 on April 18, 2012 at 6:07 PM

If you were in my neck of the woods, I’d offer to drive!
Obama’s gotta go.

I am a conservative who is sold on Romney for Romney. But, we will take all the ABO folks we can get!!

;-)

RightWay79 on April 18, 2012 at 6:10 PM

TEAM ROMNEY – GAME ON! Many were concerned that if Romney were nominated, that the Seamus-on-cartop meme would bite him in the asset. I am thrilled to see that between Ann Romney’s Nuclear Response to “Rosengate” and the plethora of tweets, t-shirts,buttons related to #ObamaDogRecipes, Team Romney seems to have the “fire in the belly” to defeat the Once.

Mutnodjmet on April 18, 2012 at 6:22 PM

So this is where all the ABR misfits have gathered. Okay, keep that pity party going folks. The rest of us will stay focused on defeating ObaMao in November.

cicerone on April 18, 2012 at 6:23 PM

cicerone on April 18, 2012 at 6:23 PM

Replace one socialist and replace him with another. You guys iz real smart.

angryed on April 18, 2012 at 6:40 PM

cicerone on April 18, 2012 at 6:23 PM

Not only has Romney not won the nomination yet, he hasn’t even been fully vetted. For example so far he has refused to release a list of his bundlers who are paying for his campaign.

FloatingRock on April 18, 2012 at 6:53 PM

FloatingRock on April 18, 2012 at 6:53 PM

Because if Axelrod mentioned that it must be some sort of game-changer. I can already see the country horrified once they put their eyes in a list of Republican fundraisers.

joana on April 18, 2012 at 7:05 PM

joana on April 18, 2012 at 7:05 PM

He has delayed releasing his taxes, too. It would be politically advantageous to release them now rather than just before the election, yet he does the inopportune thing anyway. It makes it seem as though he has something to hide. Depriving primary voters of this information, the bundlers and taxes, denies them the right to an informed choice. It is the professional duty of “news” networks like Fox News and the WSJ to get this sort of information for the voters, instead they seem intent on anointing Rupert Murdock’s chosen one.

FloatingRock on April 18, 2012 at 7:13 PM

FloatingRock on April 18, 2012 at 7:13 PM

Nobody has ever disclosed bundlers lists during the primary you commie dimwit (or, for that matter, taxes. It was the first time in history candidates disclosed their taxes so early in the cycle).

Spare me the crazy right-wing conspiracy talking point. Keep reading DailyKos if you don’t like the WSJ, nobody cares.

joana on April 18, 2012 at 7:26 PM

Quit whining, Mitt.

In the primaries, you had more money than the others, and the ‘conservative’ wing of the lame stream media shilling for you. Fine. You won.

Now you’re in an environment where they can raise as much money as you, and their media is a lot bigger and more effective than yours. Welcome to the majors, sparky.

Reminds me of the bully who finally encounters someone his own size who can really fight.

avgjo on April 18, 2012 at 7:53 PM

Quit whining, Mitt.

avgjo on April 18, 2012 at 7:53 PM

…you just gave me an unsettling thought: what if Romney decides he can’t run with the big dogs and pulls a Palin on the right?

Now before the usual suspects come running with their flamethrowers, I readily admit that the circumstances are NOT the same. But is this at least a remote possibility…or am I overthinking things?

MelonCollie on April 18, 2012 at 8:08 PM

What’s pulling a Palin on the right?

And Mitt isn’t whining. He’s fighting back some of Obama’s mouth pieces using some humor. Reagan would give them this jabs all the time.

joana on April 18, 2012 at 8:10 PM

Nobody has ever disclosed bundlers lists during the primary you commie dimwit

joana on April 18, 2012 at 7:26 PM

If either of us is a commie dimwit it is yourself, you are the statist, not I, and on top of that you are wrong that nobody has ever disclosed, even Obama has already.

FloatingRock on April 18, 2012 at 8:17 PM

What’s pulling a Palin on the right?

joana on April 18, 2012 at 8:10 PM

NVM that part. Upon further thinking that’s a bad comparison, since Romney is running for POTUS and not a standing governor.

What I was referring to is the possibility of him suddenly getting cold feet and dropping out, leaving the Republican party in a serious lurch. I’m just wondering if this is likely, because if it happens the poo will really hit the fan even before the elections start up.

MelonCollie on April 18, 2012 at 8:23 PM

MelonCollie on April 18, 2012 at 8:23 PM

It doesn’t matter if Romney drops out if there is a good 3rd party in the race. In fact, maybe that’s why Romney will drop out.

FloatingRock on April 18, 2012 at 8:30 PM

At least that’s farther than Barry bamstahh !!! you da man bammy baby !!! love ya barry ol buddy ol pal !! yahh!!

Turd-le317 on April , 2, 2 at 6 PM

cableguy615 on April 18, 2012 at 8:32 PM

Mitt IS whining.

Please don’t insult Reagan by comparing the two.

MelonCollie, i wouldn’t worry about that. Mitt’s running because he feels entitled to the presidency. It’s histurn.

avgjo on April 18, 2012 at 8:38 PM

sorry

‘It’s his turn.

avgjo on April 18, 2012 at 8:39 PM

What’s pulling a Palin on the right?

joana on April 18, 2012 at 8:10 PM

MelonCollie on April 18, 2012 at 8:23 PM

LOL

Are you serious?

The type of nutjobs you can find on this site is fascinating.

joana on April 18, 2012 at 8:55 PM

Nobody has ever disclosed bundlers lists during the primary you commie dimwit

joana on April 18, 2012 at 7:26 PM

FloatingRock on April 18, 2012 at 8:17 PM

I’m actually more of a libertarian minded conservative, so I doubt the “you are the statist” desperate attack has much legs. You can’t come here, repeat Obama’s campaign talking points ipsis verbis and then try to pretend you aren’t a troll by saying “you are a statist”.

You can keep defending Obama as much as you want. He’s the incumbent now and has been fundraising for the general with a joint fund for almost a year.

When he was in the same position of Romney now, as a challenger, he didn’t release his bundlers list till August:

In fact, in July he was being criticized for not having yet released the list:

We are in April now.

Oops.

I guess parroting Axelrod’s talking points is not a very good idea. They tend to be lies, especially if they are about Romney, and you’ll end up embarrassed.

joana on April 18, 2012 at 9:02 PM

Are you serious?

The type of nutjobs you can find on this site is fascinating.

joana on April 18, 2012 at 8:55 PM

Bet you never knew you’d find so many like minds, right?

There aren’t enough “I’m not 110% serious” disclaimers in the world for pr1cks like you.

MelonCollie on April 18, 2012 at 9:03 PM

Bet you never knew you’d find so many like minds, right?

MelonCollie on April 18, 2012 at 9:03 PM

I’m sorry if my remarks offended you. I guess you’ve started following politics just recently.

No, Romney won’t get afraid of the big media and decline the nomination. That’s just completely out there.

joana on April 18, 2012 at 9:50 PM

Dear America, Our Orwellian President Fails on Energy
.by Sarah Palin on Tuesday, April 17, 2012 at 6:23pm ·.Last Friday, former energy trader and now Fox News host Eric Bolling and I hosted a Fox special called “Paying at the Pump,” which offered President Obama solutions to reduce prices at the pump and get our country on the path to real energy security.

A genuine “all of the above” approach to energy independence is, of course, a multifaceted plan. It includes conservation and sensible private sector investment in sound alternative energy, and it absolutely must involve unleashing our domestic energy production. We cannot ignore the need to drill, baby, drill; frack, baby, frack; and mine, baby, mine. Those who are concerned about the environment and our dangerous dependence on foreign oil should encourage the development of natural gas as a clean and plentiful bridge-fuel to a more renewable future. We have enough clean, green natural gas in America to be energy independent for many decades—whether we use it for natural gas cars or natural gas power plants. We also need to look at our oil refining capacity and our regulations there. We must cut the job-killing, anti-domestic energy regulations of Obama’s EPA and IRS which create such burdens and uncertainty. Finally, Eric pointed out that we must do something about the Wall Street speculators. I know this is a touchy issue, but Eric’s points are valid. Obama’s Federal Trade Commission and Commodity Futures Trading Commission appear to have no teeth in dealing with this because they haven’t cracked down on the president’s friends on Wall Street who are creating unnecessary oil market volatility. Eric suggested that we could reduce the problem of speculation by raising energy margin requirements.

In his press conference today, President Obama seems to have latched on to Eric’s idea of dealing with speculators. But the president proposed an outrageously expensive “fix,” claiming that he needs a boatload of tax dollars and bureaucrats to merely apply common sense to regulating oil trades and enforcing the authority the CFTC was already granted by the Dodd-Frank bill. This is ridiculous, and it’s not enough. Keep in mind that cracking down on speculation is only a small part of the solution. The key remedy is still drilling.

Basically, President Obama’s idea of an “all of the above” approach to energy is really “none-of-the-above” to the resources we use right now to power our economy. Take for instance the Obama EPA’s war against coal production (which he promised when he was a candidate), which will ultimately leave us with higher electric bills and less electricity. Because his cap and trade legislation got sidelined, Obama is now using his EPA to accomplish the same destructive goals by imposing draconian regulations aimed at crippling the coal industry. According to the Associated Press, Obama’s EPA will soon “force 32 mostly coal-fired power plants to shut down and threatens to close 36 others” and will eventually remove from our power grid enough electricity to power 11 million households. Just ask Californians how much fun “rolling blackouts” are. I suppose we can look forward to more romantic candle-lit evenings ahead as America moves backward with less energy, which must be more of Obama’s “leading from behind” strategy. I hope the folks up North have a hearty wood supply for their fireplace warmth, and that those in the Southwest don’t mind sweltering in the summer heat. Air conditioning takes up an awful lot of electricity; and in Obama’s America, energy will be scarce. As Mark Levin has pointed out numerous times, Obama’s policies will ultimately de-industrialize America.

But we don’t have to look to the future to feel the pain of Obama’s energy policies. Look at our current gas prices. The Obama administration is locking up federal lands to drilling. The EIA reports that production and sale of fossil fuels on federal lands dropped by 6% last year under Obama. Other studies show a 12% decline. When you hear the president boast of all the “new” drilling going on, he’s talking about production on private and state land that was in the works long ago and is not under his control. He doesn’t tell you how his administration has done everything in its power to strangle resource development with regulatory red tape and foot dragging on the permitting and leasing process. We hear his endless claims that we only have “2% of the world’s oil”—sometimes he adds “reserves” to that—but know that the White House is playing games with semantics. The Obama administration is using a subset of “proved oil reserves” to make it sound like America is energy poor! They’re deliberately distorting the true picture of our massive recoverable oil resources—most of which is on federal land that the government has locked up to responsible development. In short, the president is deceiving the public. As I’ve said before, the energy production “facts” and numbers President Obama repeats are skewed, deceptive and downright Orwellian.

Ironically, President Obama likes to remind us that global factors outside of our control affect the price of oil, but he never seems to make the connection that this is precisely why we should increase our domestic supply of oil by drilling here where environmental and worker safety standards are stricter than any foreign country from which we purchase oil, and that our increased domestic supply would put downward pressure on the price of oil. If Obama doesn’t think increasing the supply on the market affects the price at the pump, then why did he ask the Saudis to increase their production? And Brazil? Why did he open our Strategic Reserves last year to lower prices at the pump? Common sense tells you that, of course, increasing the supply of something has an affect on the price.

President Obama refuses to acknowledge this obvious truth because he doesn’t want to do what needs to be done. He isn’t interested in drilling, fracking or mining for the resources we actually use to power our economy. His idea of an energy plan amounts to dumping more of our tax dollars into the bankrupt green energy companies that his campaign donors invested in. It’s crony capitalism on steroids. He’s also in favor of “investing” your tax dollars into algae because he believes pond scum is the wave of the future. He also tells you to deal with gas prices by merely inflating your tires; getting a tune up; and, despite your work needs or the size of your family, ditch your larger vehicle for one he deems acceptably small. But what about the $4 per gallon gas prices that are devastating the budgets of American families, crippling our small businesses, and increasing the transportation costs of all goods shipped in America and thereby increasing the prices of everything we buy? Barack Obama’s answer to your pain is basically, “give me some flexibility here…” because “change isn’t easy.” Well, actually it is. It starts with getting rid of this energy illiterate administration.

Today, on Tax Day, our big, wasteful, and largely useless centralized government is taking hard-earned money from 85 million Americans.

The Republican Study Committee reports: “According to the non-partisan Tax Foundation, the country will work 107 days this year just to pay for federal, state, and local taxes. By their calculations, a larger share of Americans’ income will go to taxes than food, clothing & housing combined!”

And what do we get in return on our investment in big government? More marching orders from the faceless bureaucrats in D.C. More crony capitalism for the administration’s favored friends. More expensive conventions, vacations, parties (and Colombian hookers?) for the profligate Obama administration. Less energy security. Less allowance for resource development. More EPA regulations to de-industrialize our country and kill jobs. More opportunities shipped overseas as we allow others to produce for us that which our government refuses to allow us to produce for ourselves!

Aren’t we tired of this by now? Candidate Obama promised us a sensible energy plan to get us to energy independence. President Obama has failed to deliver it.

He fails to understand the fundamental truth that there is an inherent link between energy and prosperity, and energy and security. Oil prices affect everything in our lives, including where we send our sons and daughters in war. Developing resources here grows our economy, decreases our trade imbalance, creates hundreds of thousands of good-paying jobs, and secures our union by eliminating our dependence on dangerous foreign regimes who use our energy insecurity as a weapon against us. Access to secure domestic energy will make us a more peaceful and prosperous nation.

Obama doesn’t understand this—just as he doesn’t understand the dangers of his wasteful spending. Our energy policy is also linked with our fiscal and monetary policies. In light of America’s unsustainable $16 trillion debt, there’s more talk about dumping the U.S. dollar as the world’s reserve currency, which is the currency used to buy and sell oil. If that happens, we’ll feel the pain of inflation everywhere—especially at the pump. That, in turn, will trickle down to everything in our economy. Those living on fixed incomes and retirement pensions and annuities will feel the pain especially hard. So, this is one more reason to get government debt under control with sound monetary policy that doesn’t try to “inflate away” our debt with currency manipulation and gimmicks like quantitative easing.

Obama fails to understand this. He’s failed us as the nation’s stakeholders, and that’s why we must replace our CEO at November’s ballot box. As one audience member in our Fox special said, “I can’t fill my gas tank with hope and change.”

Wake up, America. November is around the corner. Change is easier than you’ve been led to believe.

- Sarah Palin

CoolChange80 on April 18, 2012 at 10:19 PM

MelonCollie on April 18, 2012 at 8:23 PM

MelonCollie on April 18, 2012 at 8:23 PM

FloatingRock on April 18, 2012 at 8:30 PM

Romney may drop out. But it doesn’t matter because we have a 3rd party. One lunatic supporting another. This certainly explains the idiotic comments the 2 of you make. You two are not just moronic but stupidly moronic.

Basilsbest on April 18, 2012 at 10:30 PM

One liberal attacking a liberal institution, and I should act impressed?

Live by a losing philosophy, die by the same.

DannoJyd on April 19, 2012 at 6:48 AM

It IS a gimmick until he publically apologizes Sarah for not backing her fight against the MSM. Until then, he’s just tossing stuff at the wall to see what sticks.

AH_C on April 19, 2012 at 12:35 PM

what a joke…Romney’s left-winger too!

Perry or Palin/West 2012
America needs strong conservative leaders now!

Pragmatic on April 20, 2012 at 9:11 AM