Romney: The media “vast left-wing conspiracy” will attack me at every turn

posted at 1:21 pm on April 18, 2012 by Tina Korbe

In an interview with Breitbart.com’s Larry O’Connor, presumptive GOP nominee Mitt Romney adopted a proven strategy to appeal to a conservative audience: He attacked the mainstream media.

It didn’t sound like a gimmick, though. It sounded as though a single week with the media in general election mode has sobered Mitt Romney into the recognition that the MSM really will do what it can to forward Barack Obama’s reelection effort and thwart Romney’s effort to unseat him.

It wasn’t so long ago that Mitt Romney was implying it is somehow intellectually lazy to attack the MSM — but this is what he had to say in the interview with O’Connor:

“There will be an effort by the quote vast left-wing conspiracy to work together to put out their message and to attack me,” Romney said in an interview with Breitbart.com. “They’re going to do everything they can to divert from the issue people care about, which is a growing economy that creates more jobs and rising incomes. That’s what people care about.” …

“If people are bending or breaking the law then we’re going to have to focus on that and do something about that,” Romney responded. “I don’t know how much is related to that, or how much is just that many in the media are inclined to do the president’s bidding, and I know that’s an uphill battle we fight generally.”

If the recent uproar over whether Romney or Obama treats dogs better is any indication, Romney is absolutely right. No issue will be dismissed as too small to serve as a worthy distraction — and, while I stand by what I wrote yesterday, which is that even the distractions teach us something about the candidates and ourselves, I also think Romney is right to remain focused on the economy. It’s largely why Republicans ultimately nominated him and also the issue most likely to sway independents.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

First!

uncommon sense on April 18, 2012 at 1:23 PM

Seamus agrees. Dog rest his soul.

faraway on April 18, 2012 at 1:23 PM

I love it. The MSM are the flies hovering around a cat turd.

OhEssYouCowboys on April 18, 2012 at 1:23 PM

Whatever. I guess the “conspiracy” includes most conservatives, too. Quit blaming the media for your e weaknesses as a human being candidate.

Yawn.

lostmotherland on April 18, 2012 at 1:24 PM

I just hope this is a signal that he’ll actually fight to win instead of just fighting to say he did.

Washington Nearsider on April 18, 2012 at 1:24 PM

I love it. The MSM are the flies hovering around a cat turd.

OhEssYouCowboys on April 18, 2012 at 1:23 PM

The politically correct term is Doggie Almond Rocha :)

uncommon sense on April 18, 2012 at 1:25 PM

Yawn.

lostmotherland on April 18, 2012 at 1:24 PM

I guess that’s why the media donate 100:1 to Democrats, right?

Washington Nearsider on April 18, 2012 at 1:25 PM

LOL. Yes the media is liberal and socialist and Marxist. That’s why the media has a collective orgasm each time the Dow goes 300 up and panics when it drops 500. It’s because they hate capitalism and America and stuff.

And I tell you, I try like crazy to find a conservative voice on the radio and it’s simply impossible. Nothing but fire breathing communists like Beck and Hannity and Limbaugh.

And I go to buy a newspaper, nothing but anti-capitalism junk out there like the WSJ and IBD.

angryed on April 18, 2012 at 1:28 PM

I guess that’s why the media donate 100:1 to Democrats, right?

Washington Nearsider on April 18, 2012 at 1:25 PM

Totally understand, but in a way, he is just preaching to the choir.

Romney just needs to keep hitting him hard on his track record and the economy. Little things like the dog story and the other social issues that they’ll bring up are fun, but only the side show.

uncommon sense on April 18, 2012 at 1:28 PM

You know, I generally like Romney. But, why has the man turned orange?

He needs to cut back on the carrot juice.

CoolCzech on April 18, 2012 at 1:29 PM

Notice that in the actual interview he said “vast left wing conspiracy” with a chuckle as if playing off of Hillary Clinton’s “vast right wing conspiracy” comment of years gone by. He was actually being facetious with the “conspiracy” comment.

crosspatch on April 18, 2012 at 1:29 PM

The politically correct term is Doggie Almond Rocha :)

uncommon sense on April 18, 2012 at 1:25 PM

I’m a dog guy. So, when I really want to be offensive, I invoke a cat.

Sidebar: To the cat lovers, I don’t mean to offend you. Truly.

OhEssYouCowboys on April 18, 2012 at 1:29 PM

You know, I generally like Romney. But, why has the man turned orange?

Makeup designed for TV may not be the best for still photography?

crosspatch on April 18, 2012 at 1:30 PM

Yawn.

lostmotherland on April 18, 2012 at 1:24 PM

So you’re telling me the mainstream medai and the “most conservatives” are against Romney?

…I think we finally have an anti establishment candidate folks! When you’re hated by both sides you must be doing something right.

akaniku on April 18, 2012 at 1:31 PM

Fine. Get it out of your system Governor. This is pretty far off message but understandable why youre doing it…sorta. Just dont be gnawing this bone come Labor Day Weekend.

Stick to the issue of Obama’s lack of performance, temperment and suitability for a second term.

Stray not from such lines of discussion. And dont go on SNL if you think theres a big leftie conspiracy out to get you. Does no one on your team understand that one of its top command HQ’s is the NBC studios in NYC??? Hello?!?!?!

Sacramento on April 18, 2012 at 1:32 PM

If you listen to the clip, Romney didn’t lash out like Newt does. He simply stated his expectation in a sober tone as TK points out. He knows the Democrat/media complex will do anything and everything it can to reelect Obama. Everyone knows this. If he tried to claim otherwise or even pass it off as no big deal, we’d all be trashing him over it. I’ll repeat what I said in the QOTD thread yesterday. Romney gets it. He may not be the ideal conservative candidate, but he ain’t a chump like McCain or Dole.

Doughboy on April 18, 2012 at 1:32 PM

angryed on April 18, 2012 at 1:28 PM

Angry much, Angryred?

CoolCzech on April 18, 2012 at 1:33 PM

Well, Mr. Romney, it doesn’t bother me so much for them to attack you. In fact, I think you deserve it. Are you trying to get sympathetic votes from conservatives for having to endure the same tactics you so enthusiastically pulled on your fellow Repub’s? Oh, but that wasn’t you, was it? That was your totally independent super-PAC!

gepaza on April 18, 2012 at 1:34 PM

Romney: The media “vast left-wing conspiracy” will attack me at every turn

Mittens would stand a better chance if he was sewn into a sack filled with rabid badgers…

(granted, the company would better…)

Bruno Strozek on April 18, 2012 at 1:34 PM

“Vast left-wing conspiracy” definitely fits the JournoList patttern but it sounds too much like a shrill squeal from yesteryear. Kelly said yesterday on Ed’s show she doesn’t like to use the term “Main stream Media”, and I agree.

I suggest Barack’s Flying Monkey Media Army.

Flying Monkey Media (FMM), for short.

novaculus on April 18, 2012 at 1:34 PM

Washington Nearsider on April 18, 2012 at 1:42PM

What do you think this has been all about? If Team Romney can react this fast with Mommygate and the War on Dogs…how much faster do you think they will respond to any attacks from now on. Unlike McLame…Mittens team knows how to use Twitter.

lovingmyUSA on April 18, 2012 at 1:34 PM

“..presumptive GOP nominee Mitt Romney..”

..love to see Mittster lampoon that phony-baloney piece of crap by creating one of those “Office of the Presumptive POTUS Nominee” seals for his podiums (podia?)

Come to think of it, if The Pantload gets voted out in the Fall, will he have one made up to say something like “Office of the President Eject”?

..just spitballin’ here.

The War Planner on April 18, 2012 at 1:34 PM

Sacramento on April 18, 2012 at 1:32 PM

Well, Sacramento, as I recall one of the big objections to Romney by the anti-Romney conservatives was that he would be unwilling and unable to take on the Liberal Media.

Apparently, he can. Wasn’t he supposed to?

CoolCzech on April 18, 2012 at 1:35 PM

angryed on April 18, 2012 at 1:28 PM

…that’s what happens when you can’t compete in the marketplace andryedazz …but, you only know subsidies.

KOOLAID2 on April 18, 2012 at 1:36 PM

Dr. K said this campaign is going to be so nasty, you need to check to make sure plumbing working, you will need to shower several times a day!

L

letget on April 18, 2012 at 1:36 PM

angrysped on April 18, 2012 at 1:28 PM

Hahaha, they need to be more a straight-shooter like yourself and start supporting Obama, right?

Moby dick.

akaniku on April 18, 2012 at 1:36 PM

gepaza on April 18, 2012 at 1:34 PM

Really? You are going to go with that meme? If the other candidates couldnt make it out of the fire of a primary fight, how the hell do you think they would be able to stand up to Obowma?

lovingmyUSA on April 18, 2012 at 1:36 PM

On this issue at least Mitt Romney is a liberal who’s been mugged. Good.

David Blue on April 18, 2012 at 1:37 PM

Angry much, Angryred?

CoolCzech on April 18, 2012 at 1:33 PM

..naw, mate, he’s been outed as a 100% Obama troll. The ban hammer clock is ticking as we type. Next series of screen-scraped hoary, fetid, three-month-old polls showing Obama in the lead and he will be doing three laps around the bowl before disappearing in a swirl of bubbling blue water.

The War Planner on April 18, 2012 at 1:38 PM

Makeup designed for TV may not be the best for still photography?

crosspatch on April 18, 2012 at 1:30 PM

hopefully he isn’t hanging around Bohner ….

conservative tarheel on April 18, 2012 at 1:38 PM

I also think Romney is right to remain focused on the economy.

How has he focused on the economy? All I keep hearing in the news is about the War on Women and other nonsense that plays to Romney’s advantage because he doesn’t want to talk about the issues that matter any more than Obama does. Last I heard Romney still hasn’t released a balanced budget, only Ron Paul has. Romney is focused on the economy? Where is his budget?

FloatingRock on April 18, 2012 at 1:39 PM

Yawn.

lostmotherland on April 18, 2012 at 1:24 PM

Thought the conservative M.O was to blame the media for everything.

Uppereastside on April 18, 2012 at 1:39 PM

You tell em Mitt!

I’m real pleased with the way he’s handling himself now that the flamethrower (MSM, Obama campaign) is fully focused on him.

Obama and Co are thinking he’s going to be a pushover but if Romney can keep the focus on THEIR failed policies and actions then the game is won.

Go Romney!

SauerKraut537 on April 18, 2012 at 1:39 PM

lovingmyUSA on April 18, 2012 at 1:34 PM

I completely agree with you. I also know Romney has proven fickle in the past. If it took this nomination fight to bring out the conservative/fighter in him, I just hope it stays.

Washington Nearsider on April 18, 2012 at 1:39 PM

Washington Nearsider on April 18, 2012 at 1:24 PM

Isn’t that what Gingrich and Santorum complained about? That he fought to win?

rhombus on April 18, 2012 at 1:40 PM

Seamus agrees. Dog rest his soul.

faraway on April 18, 2012 at 1:23 PM

Bwaaahh. LOL*

Now Mitt, you need to fight these Libby freaks at every turn. Slap them around and make them look like fools. We are counting on you.

SparkPlug on April 18, 2012 at 1:40 PM

Seamus agrees. Dog rest his soul.

faraway on April 18, 2012 at 1:23 PM

You are what you eat…

PatriotRider on April 18, 2012 at 1:40 PM

Has anyone seen Bo lately?…

PatriotRider on April 18, 2012 at 1:41 PM

FloatingRock on April 18, 2012 at 1:39 PM

Ron Paul? Is he still in the mix here? I mean, you guys arent going to vote, right? Why do we need to listen to anything you have to say…you lose that right cause you support Obowma. (A vote for RP is a vote for Obowma)…

lovingmyUSA on April 18, 2012 at 1:42 PM

I suggest Barack’s Flying Monkey Media Army.

Flying Monkey Media (FMM), for short.

novaculus on April 18, 2012 at 1:34 PM

Hey! I like the analogy! Of course I could think of a few other words to fit the FMM acronym… but I can almost be civil.

Turtle317 on April 18, 2012 at 1:43 PM

Romney is wise in firing pre-emptive strikes against the media. McCain refused to fire back or let Palin do so in 2008.

Evan Thomas of Newsweek admitted that media bias was responsible for up to 15% of the Kerry-Edwards vote total in 2004.

McCain’s experience shows that being nice does not pay.

bw222 on April 18, 2012 at 1:43 PM

“There will be an effort by the vast left-wing conspiracy to work together to put out their message and to attack me,” Romney said in an interview with right wing conspiracy theory site Breitbart.com. “They’re going to do everything they can to divert from the issues your minions care about, which is the New Black Panthers, Obama hugging Bell footage, was it all Trayvon’s fault or mostly Trayvon’s fault, racist Shirley Sherrod, and the lie that there’s any such thing as racism anymore. These are the issues you care about.”

verbaluce on April 18, 2012 at 1:43 PM

He needs to be more aggressive. Or just make a mockery of them.

forest on April 18, 2012 at 1:43 PM

Don’t be silly. That was Mitt Romney version 4.5. We’re up to version 5.2 now. You have to keep up.

tom on April 18, 2012 at 1:44 PM

No Mitt. They will attack….this guy:

KirknBurker on April 18, 2012 at 1:45 PM

angryed on April 18, 2012 at 1:28 PM

Such a drama queen. A contrarian drama queen at that. You cite Fox and friends as ‘media stalwarts”…. but fathom this…..
If not for them… whom ?
See my point comrade ?

FlaMurph on April 18, 2012 at 1:45 PM

This sounds to me like Mittens is learning how to speak “conservative” by inverting Hillary Clinton’s “vast right-wing conspiracy” talk. Still, at this point, I’ll give him a “good solid B+” for effort. In the future, he needs to come up with some harder attacks on the media for their cheerleading of Obama. I think he needs to drive home how the media is protecting Obama and not telling the public how much Obama is messing up.

Gladtobehere on April 18, 2012 at 1:45 PM

angryed … you’ve really almost became unhinged. I dislike Rombo a great deal and generally have saw your point of view, but the comments about the media is ridiculous.

They only swoon about the Dow #’s because it can help/hurt Obama’s reelection prospects. If you’ve resorted to trying to argue that the media is even just slightly impartial, you’re off the rails.

Unreal.

preallocated on April 18, 2012 at 1:46 PM

tom on April 18, 2012 at 1:44 PM

At least that’s farther than Barry v1.0. I don’t think there’s ever been an update. I keep getting the same results every time I hit the enter key.

Turtle317 on April 18, 2012 at 1:46 PM

“…presumptive GOP nominee Mitt Romney adopted a proven strategy to appeal to a conservative audience: He attacked the mainstream media.”

I call BULL: Breitbart.com’s Larry O’Connor was feeding Mittens talking phrases all the way through. Though Mittens *did* use that one Hillary term, that’s *all* he did; the rest was filled with empty cliches of Mister FlippetyFlop.

This was NO attack, certainly not as anyone with testicular fortitude would have spoken. Nor was there any emotion attached to his vague platitudes.

Czar of Defenestration on April 18, 2012 at 1:46 PM

Ronald Reagan had his line, “There you go again,” which everyone knew was his way of pointing out this very same issue with the MSM of the 1980′s.

Romney will need to develop just such a line, short, sweet, and above all ‘To The Point.’

jaydee_007 on April 18, 2012 at 1:46 PM

Isn’t that what Gingrich and Santorum complained about? That he fought to win?

rhombus on April 18, 2012 at 1:40 PM

Yes. I’m not either of those men. I’m glad we finally have a nominee who’s willing to go to the mattresses.

Washington Nearsider on April 18, 2012 at 1:46 PM

I guess that’s why the media donate 100:1 to Democrats, right?

“The media” is just 255 journalists? Statistics fail.

lostmotherland on April 18, 2012 at 1:47 PM

Czar of Defenestration on April 18, 2012 at 1:46 PM

Could you not at least allow us a Few Moments of Hope?

jaydee_007 on April 18, 2012 at 1:48 PM

A local conservative radio host here in Philly this morning said he thought Romney went overbaord with his dog-eating comment. I guess he wants another milktoast candidate like MsCain.

No way Jose. We need to fight fire with fire and play Axelrod’s demonizing game. If Obama ate dog-meat while he was NOT A MUSLIM living in Indonesia, then we hammer him with it.

Chew on that for a while Barack Hussein.

Romney’s showing some chutzpah, hope it continues.

fogw on April 18, 2012 at 1:48 PM

The War Planner on April 18, 2012 at 1:38 PM

Yep. Very close to the door. He has pulled back after this comment. He realizes how close. Personally I would be more then happy to escort him to the door. He is worthless.

Bmore on April 18, 2012 at 1:48 PM

Doughboy on April 18, 2012 at 1:32 PM

I agree. I’m glad to see that Romney understands what he’s up against. McCain was clueless.

AZCoyote on April 18, 2012 at 1:50 PM

Seamus agrees. Dog rest his soul.

faraway on April 18, 2012 at 1:23 PM

You are what you eat…

PatriotRider on April 18, 2012 at 1:40 PM

ROFLMAO!

Bruno Strozek on April 18, 2012 at 1:51 PM

Assigning a conspiracy to an occupation that does nothing more than attract the lazy and stupid probably wouldn’t be a good move on Mitten’s part.

Picking individual fights (as Bush I did with Rather) is effective. There are plenty of targets ripe for the picking. Assigning a left wing conspiracy boogyman just comes across as paranoid at best. These people are not bright enough to pull of a conspiracy.

MNHawk on April 18, 2012 at 1:52 PM

Can some help me out here?

Palin attacks the lame stream media, She needs to quit whining.

Romney attacks the vast left wing conspiracy, and he’s right on target.

idesign on April 18, 2012 at 1:52 PM

angryed on April 18, 2012 at 1:28 PM

No, it’s because Obama is President. When Bush was President, the media wanted the market to tumble.

Remember the War on Terrorism casualty counts all the networks aired weekly? When is the last time you’ve seen one on the network news? Hint: Late January 2009.

bw222 on April 18, 2012 at 1:53 PM

I need to have my memory refreshed on this. Link?

And yes, as others have pointed out, he made his vast left wing conspiracy remark with a chuckle which is rather different from how Hillary talked.

Buy Danish on April 18, 2012 at 1:54 PM

KOOLAID2 on April 18, 2012 at 1:36 PM

WTF? Subsidies? You are a wacky one.

angryed on April 18, 2012 at 1:55 PM

Doughboy on April 18, 2012 at 1:32 PM

Well, I hope he is proficient at running for POTUS. That’s all he’s done for 8 years.

inthemiddle on April 18, 2012 at 1:55 PM

I’m glad there are folks sufficiently fluent in RINO-speake to understand why co-opting (and thus legitimating) Clinton-speake is politically astute.

Terp Mole on April 18, 2012 at 1:55 PM

idesign on April 18, 2012 at 1:52 PM</blockquote

I can accept Mitt Romney as the Republican nominee. It's his moronic supporters I have a problem with.

bw222 on April 18, 2012 at 1:55 PM

bw222 on April 18, 2012 at 1:53 PM

You have a typo. It’s not terrorism. It’s terr-rism. That’s how the great GWB says it, right?

angryed on April 18, 2012 at 1:56 PM

Bmore on April 18, 2012 at 1:48 PM

So what are the instatrade odds on when he finally meets the hammer :)

uncommon sense on April 18, 2012 at 1:56 PM

lostmotherland on April 18, 2012 at 1:47 PM

I guess you haven’t gotten to ‘sample sizes’ yet. A survey of 300 members of a small segment of the population is indeed statistically relevant.

Also, I guess you chose not to comment on this little tidbit included in the study. Self-identified employees of Fox News didn’t contribute a single dollar to Republicans while contributing over $1,280 to Democrats.

To the larger point – if you believe that self-identified journalists donating to Democrats over Republicans at a rate of 100:1 is invalid because they only polled 300 journalists, do you actually believe the media is anywhere near evenly split, or is the disparity more like 50:1?

Washington Nearsider on April 18, 2012 at 1:57 PM

Can some help me out here?

Palin attacks the lame stream media, She needs to quit whining.

Romney attacks the vast left wing conspiracy, and he’s right on target.

idesign on April 18, 2012 at 1:52 PM

Has Romney said Palin “needs to quit whining” or anything? If not, what’s your point?

And Romney isn’t “whining” or even “attacking”. He’s noting an undisputed fact, giving it the importance it deserves and using the proper tone.

On an aside, it’s hilarious how most of the crazy still believes that the moby is actually a “TruCon” like them having a meltdown and don’t understand they’re being trolled.

joana on April 18, 2012 at 1:57 PM

Buy Danish on April 18, 2012 at 1:54 PM

By the looks of things, Super mitt has probably has almost as much to worry about with the right wing media and his ABR detractors, as he does the leftist media.

No quarter.

FlaMurph on April 18, 2012 at 1:57 PM

First!

uncommon sense on April 18, 2012 at 1:23 PM

Did HA suddenly become Hedge Hog Report and regress back to pre-school days?

bw222 on April 18, 2012 at 1:58 PM

Can some help me out here?

Palin attacks the lame stream media, She needs to quit whining.

Romney attacks the vast left wing conspiracy, and he’s right on target.

idesign on April 18, 2012 at 1:52 PM

Easy explanation.

McMittens is the leader of a cult of Mittbots. For cult members who follow him, everything he says and does is perfect. He could come out tomorrow and say he wants to nuke Miami and the cultists would say great idea.

angryed on April 18, 2012 at 1:58 PM

Now wait a minute.

I was told that only idiots like Palin and baggage carriers like Newt would be attacked by the media.

They are supposed to leave Romney alone because he’s the most ‘moderate’ candidate, or something.

At least, that’s what all the Romneyites told me on HotAir.

So this cannot be true.

fossten on April 18, 2012 at 1:58 PM

Thought the conservative M.O was to blame the media for everything.

Uppereastside on April 18, 2012 at 1:39 PM

Hilarious. There isn’t a screw up that Obama hasn’t tried to blame on anyone but himself. Loser.

Lightswitch on April 18, 2012 at 1:58 PM

uncommon sense on April 18, 2012 at 1:56 PM

He felt the breeze on the back of his neck. Covered in sweat. It frightened him. He will go. He will screw up. One of us will be there. One of us will walk him to the door.

Bmore on April 18, 2012 at 1:59 PM

fossten on April 18, 2012 at 1:58 PM

No one rational ever claimed Romney would not be evicerated by the media. It doesn’t matter WHO we put up, the media will savage them.

Washington Nearsider on April 18, 2012 at 2:00 PM

angryed on April 18, 2012 at 1:28 PM

Ed reminds me of the self-styled lizard.

Probably had some kind of traumatic event recently.

Bless.

CorporatePiggy on April 18, 2012 at 2:00 PM

Terp Mole on April 18, 2012 at 1:55 PM

Listen to the interview. He did the exact opposite of what you think he did. He used the Clintonian expression in a bantering tone.

joana on April 18, 2012 at 2:00 PM

Has Romney said Palin “needs to quit whining” or anything?

joana on April 18, 2012 at 1:57 PM

No, but deranged Mittwits like you have, daily.

idesign on April 18, 2012 at 2:01 PM

Yep. Very close to the door. He has pulled back after this comment. He realizes how close. Personally I would be more than happy to escort him to the door. He is worthless.

Bmore on April 18, 2012 at 1:48 PM

..pretty sick stuff. Last couple of weeks it seems like this jerk has become a certifiable looney tunes and beyond tedious. I will be at bowl-side with the brush to make sure any — ahem — left over fragments get flushed as well.

The War Planner on April 18, 2012 at 2:01 PM

Bmore on April 18, 2012 at 1:59 PM

Those comments were pretty rancid. It is interesting from watching just how long the trolls can hang. Noticed that ernesto was gone for a while, but he has been coming back more lately.

uncommon sense on April 18, 2012 at 2:01 PM

President Puppy Chow no likey the turn of events?

First this war on women………..Hey if Obama doesn’t defend the women against the widely reported predatory nature of the advance team does that mean he takes the side of the oppressor males against working class women?

and now this Dog story blowing up on him? Would someone in the press PLEASE ask him what else he has eaten? I know what America has been forced to eat the last three and a half years.

Someone wondered earlier if this was really what happened in Columbia. I find it very hard to imagine that trained professionals would be doing this kind of thing with whores of all people in a foreign nation. I guess that’s just the Possum Holler mindset I has. I don’t believe the press reports of this kind of behavior from these guys.

How many days until V-A Day, November 6th?

ugh.

PappyD61 on April 18, 2012 at 2:03 PM

The War Planner on April 18, 2012 at 2:01 PM

uncommon sense on April 18, 2012 at 2:01 PM

; )

Bmore on April 18, 2012 at 2:05 PM

Unreal.

preallocated on April 18, 2012 at 1:46 PM

Yes in 2004 this report from CNN intended to help Obama.

A strong quarterly earnings report from Swedish telecom equipment maker LM Ericsson boosted the telecom sector Friday, helping to push technology shares to a stronger close.

According to preliminary reports, the Nasdaq composite gained 44.45 to 2,064.01. The Amex technology index edged 14.20 higher to 731.96, while the Philadelphia semiconductor index rose 23.68 to 519.41.

angryed on April 18, 2012 at 2:05 PM

inthemiddle on April 18, 2012 at 1:55 PM

..unlike The Pantload who’s been — what? — running for the next higher office all of his political career and has spent the last two years (if not more) campaigning on our dime?

Gimme a break, old son.

The War Planner on April 18, 2012 at 2:05 PM

Oh I don’t know that they broke the law. They are just inclined to support their guy.

Mitt is so weak.

Mitt agrees with the MSM on most things in reality.

Never forget that his son Matt said “Obama is doing a great job in Hawaii as Mitts spokesman. He continued as spokesman and never walked this back.

Mitt and Obama are both Communist Progressives.

Obama will win there is no real reason to vote for Mitt.

Steveangell on April 18, 2012 at 2:06 PM

Yawn.

lostmotherland on April 18, 2012 at 1:24 PM

Thought the conservative M.O was to blame the media for everything.

Uppereastside on April 18, 2012 at 1:39 PM

Right over your head…

A+

Del Dolemonte on April 18, 2012 at 2:07 PM

Bmore on April 18, 2012 at 1:48 PM

Oh noes. I dared question the sainthood of soldiers!!! I guess in flyover land that’s akin to 1st degree murder. You people crack me up.

angryed on April 18, 2012 at 2:07 PM

angryed on April 18, 2012 at 2:05 PM

Wow. A single positive drop amongst the deluge of negative stories.

I’m convinced.

Washington Nearsider on April 18, 2012 at 2:07 PM

angryed on April 18, 2012 at 1:58 PM

Hmmmm, nah, more likely we will hear school kids chanting mmmmm ….. mmmmm ….. mmmmmm ….. We love Obama.

Shur dude, Romney is the one with cultists. LOL.

fogw on April 18, 2012 at 2:08 PM

verbaluce on April 18, 2012 at 1:43 PM

LOL.

Del Dolemonte on April 18, 2012 at 2:08 PM

President Puppy Chow no likey the turn of events?

PappyD61 on April 18, 2012 at 2:03 PM

..great! Can we use this (with attribution, of course) or do we have to pay you royalties like Bmore is asking for Rmoney?

(I kid, B, I kid!)

The War Planner on April 18, 2012 at 2:09 PM

You’ll walk. Mark it down.

Bmore on April 18, 2012 at 2:10 PM

Seems like soldiers are saints (as are bored housewives). So why is it Mr. Willard McMittens never served his country? And curiously, neither did any of his 5 sons. Why do they hate freedom and ‘Muricuh? Don’t they know there’s a war on terr-ism going out out there? For shame McMittens boys, for shame!

angryed on April 18, 2012 at 2:10 PM

bw222 on April 18, 2012 at 1:43 PM

“You Lie!” ~ uppereastside

Actually what Thomas said, he said before the election had taken place. He predicted that the media bias would give Thurston and Silk Pony an additional 10-15% of the votes.

He was right.

Del Dolemonte on April 18, 2012 at 2:10 PM

Obama will win there is no real reason to vote for Mitt.

Steveangell on April 18, 2012 at 2:06 PM

Stuff a sock in it, nutball.

JPeterman on April 18, 2012 at 2:11 PM

angryed on April 18, 2012 at 1:58 PM

Well…….Have you been to Miami lately ? …..Wouldn’t be the end of the world or anything like that….just sayin.

FlaMurph on April 18, 2012 at 2:11 PM

The US govt takes 18 year old dimwits, gives them a gun and says go kill brown people. Can’t really blame them for having a F**K YEAH! moment afterwards.

angryed on April 18, 2012 at 10:57 AM

angryed really has lost it.

Bad enough that he/she could not remember to stick with the “I am a conservative who hates Romney for being too liberal” act.

angryed also forgot that his/her Dear Leader is now POTUS, and for progressives like angryed the war in Afghanistan is now a Just Cause, US soldiers heroes, and 0bama’s Greatest Accomplishment the killing of bin Laden.

Bin Laden, whom progressives like angryed consider a “brown person”.

Killed by Navy SEALS, who enlisted as “18 year old dimwits”.

angryed got confused again, thought it was still 2007, and essentially labelled his hero 0bama a white supremacist killer. You know, because 0bama’s greatest feat, according to his supporters, was killing bin Laden with US Navy SEALs.

You have to keep your story straight, angryed.

MidniteRambler on April 18, 2012 at 2:12 PM

McCain believed that he would be elected because he bought the nonsense that the people are tired of “politics as usual” and want a candidate who stays “positive” and “above the fray.”

That comes from two sources: People telling pollsters what they think makes them sound better, and media sources shilling for the Democrats.

People vote for candidates who go on the attack and campaigning against your opponent, or so called “negative campaigning”, works. Anyone who doubts that will never get elected.

Shump on April 18, 2012 at 2:12 PM