Quotes of the day

posted at 10:47 pm on April 18, 2012 by Allahpundit

“In a bid to win independents, President Obama’s campaign is ramping up efforts to label Mitt Romney a hardcore conservative

“The official described Romney as a conservative who wants to get rid of abortion and gay marriage and opposes the DREAM Act, which would provide a path to legal residency for children brought to the country as illegal immigrants. The official, mindful of Obama’s hope to win a large percentage of Hispanic voters, said Romney wants to deport all of the estimated 11 million illegal immigrants in the country…

“‘No one forced Mitt Romney to wrap his arms around the Tea Party and take the most extreme position on immigration of any candidate in modern history, but that is the platform he has decided to embrace throughout the campaign,’ said Jen Psaki, a former Obama aide.”

***

“Great things can grow out of stupid stories. Fehrnstrom jacked into an emerging, jokey conservative meme. It even had a hashtag: #ObamaDogReceipes. ‘John McCain’s presidential campaign wouldn’t have touched this anecdote with a ten-foot pole,’ wrote the National Review’s Jim Geraghty. ‘Between this and the Romney camp’s rapid response to the Rosen comments, we are seeing a Republican presidential campaign that is exponentially faster on its feet and way more nimble than the previous general-election campaign against Obama.’

“That was the point. Republican voters, the choosey people who made Romney survive three months of primaries, believe that Barack Obama won too easily in 2008. The media and the McCain campaign failed to ‘vet’ him. I heard iterations of the theory when South Carolina Republicans blew their kingmaker record and chose Newt Gingrich over Romney. Gingrich, they told me, would ‘eviscerate’ and ‘lacerate’ Obama. McCain? Poor guy had his chance, and he wimped out…

“Michael Goldfarb applauds the Romney campaign’s punch-back abilities—but only up to a point. ‘They’ve been attacked on the dog thing to an insane level,’ he says. ‘They get an opportunity, and they hit back. But both this and the Rosen thing were totally reactive. This was a response to the Seamus story, that was a response to the ‘war on women.’ You don’t see them going after character and bio, which were the things McCain was accused of going soft on.’”

***

“Romney is going to be a lot tougher on Obama than was McCain in 2008. For all the complaints against his moderation by the tea-party base, they will slowly rally to him as he makes arguments against Obama of the sort that McCain was perceived as unable or unwilling to make. So far Romney’s attitude is that he is in the arena where blows come thick and fast, and one can’t whine when being hit or hitting — a view far preferable to McCain’s lectures about what not to say or do in 2008. Left-wing preemptory charges that Romney is ‘swift-boating’ or ‘going negative’ will probably have slight effect on him. Just as Bill Clinton saw that Dukakis in 1988 had wanted to be liked rather than feared and so himself ran a quite different, tough 1992 race, so too Romney knows where McCain’s magnanimity got him in 2008. Romney won’t be liked by the press, knows it, and perhaps now welcomes it.”

***

“The idea that Obama has brought us out of the light when he’s plunged us deeper into the sinkhole of debt, that somehow Obama has opened up Washington DC to make it as transparent and open as possible when they’ve done all of these deals and subverted the rule of law behind close doors. That somehow Obama is more likable than any Republican and somehow he’s a nice guy – I hate hearing this from Mitt Romney, he’s got to get this talking point out of his mouth. Barack Obama is not a nice guy. He has dealt brutally with the Right, with people like Paul Ryan and brave Republicans who have been calling him to the carpet on all of the disgust and culture of corruption that has reigned.”

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 4 5 6

arnold ziffel on April 19, 2012 at 2:20 AM

I played this one early but you may have missed it!..:)

Dire Straits on April 19, 2012 at 2:36 AM

Or stupid, like me in this case.

Night Owl on April 19, 2012 at 2:32 AM

You wouldn’t be the FIRST (apologies to Bishop)…

Gohawgs on April 19, 2012 at 2:37 AM

Some memorable videos from the 90s.

No Rain – Blind Melon (little Bee girl) Not quite as cute as it was back then.

Flagpole Sitta – Harvey Danger

One of my favorites – Black Hole Sun – Soundgarden

jaime on April 19, 2012 at 2:38 AM

plus, #1 was an obvious reference (to most) to Mitt…

Gohawgs on April 19, 2012 at 2:35 AM

Nice restful song Gohawgs.

Bmore on April 19, 2012 at 2:41 AM

jaime on April 19, 2012 at 2:38 AM

Very nice!!!..:)

Dire Straits on April 19, 2012 at 2:46 AM

Am I the only one who downloads all these fine tunes?

Bmore on April 19, 2012 at 2:46 AM

Last…………

MontanaMmmm on April 19, 2012 at 2:53 AM

Dire Straits on April 19, 2012 at 2:46 AM

I sort of miss Aeon Flux, Beavis and Butthead, Celebrity Death Match…

jaime on April 19, 2012 at 2:55 AM

Last…………

MontanaMmmm on April 19, 2012 at 2:53 AM

I never liked that laugh, until now…

Gohawgs on April 19, 2012 at 2:56 AM

jaime on April 19, 2012 at 2:38 AM

I would add this one..:)

Dire Straits on April 19, 2012 at 2:57 AM

Am I the only one who downloads all these fine tunes?

Bmore on April 19, 2012 at 2:46 AM

I download nothing

Gohawgs on April 19, 2012 at 2:58 AM

I guess this is the only link I’m going to find for the Clinton/Lewinski deathmatch

jaime on April 19, 2012 at 2:59 AM

Gohawgs on April 19, 2012 at 2:58 AM

; )

Good Night All.

Bmore on April 19, 2012 at 3:01 AM

Dire Straits on April 19, 2012 at 2:57 AM

That’s a really good song. That was the only thing I had heard of them until I saw a broadcast of one of their concerts on DirectTV. They are excellent. Or were. I don’t know if they still perform together.

jaime on April 19, 2012 at 3:01 AM

Me, too…I’m outta here

Gohawgs on April 19, 2012 at 3:05 AM

Gotta go

jaime on April 19, 2012 at 3:06 AM

Bmore on April 19, 2012 at 3:01 AM

‘nite

jaime on April 19, 2012 at 3:06 AM

RedCrow on April 19, 2012 at 1:29 AM

Sorry, I’m not much of a Bowie fan.

jaime on April 19, 2012 at 1:38 AM

My first-born was gonna be named after him…but he turned out to be a she…

lovingmyUSA on April 19, 2012 at 3:10 AM

Ground control to Major Tom…

BoxHead1 on April 19, 2012 at 3:25 AM

Dire Straits on April 19, 2012 at 2:36 AM

Ok…someone just sent me this song like 5 minutes ago (on my facebook page)…I had forgotten this on WKRP…so I just sent him back this clip. One of the best shows ever!

lovingmyUSA on April 19, 2012 at 3:43 AM

We need to prove to the world that we as a nation of laws can solve our problems without assassinating half of our government. Two thirds of our government is corrupt to the point of being impossible to solve with the double and triple standards, circumventing the Constitution with Executive orders, and ignoring the laws that we the people are mandated to obey. The remaining one third of our government, The SCOTUS needs to step in and open the books on the frauds in the Executive Branch and Congress and install the Speaker of the House as President and completely erase all appointments and laws passed by this administration. If our Supreme Court refuses to act and Executive Orders install more fraudulent judges we are doomed as a free nation.

mixplix on April 19, 2012 at 4:14 AM

That Tamara chick is the absolute worst.

Nikkia2112 on April 19, 2012 at 6:32 AM

Flora Duh, saw you on Twitchy today with a nice write up following, you rock!

MontanaMmmm on April 19, 2012 at 2:06 AM

Thanks. I saw it yesterday evening. Very cool to have a tweet chosen to be on Twitchy – and it got several retweets which resulted in a half-dozen or so new followers. ;-)

I think I pulled a Cindy Munford, if you know what I mean… I’ll have to look at the email and see what it says. I’ll catch up with you sometime in the next day or so.

Night Owl on April 19, 2012 at 2:06 AM

Got it, lol. Just let me know you go by the name Night Owl on HA, I’ll know who you are.

Flora Duh on April 19, 2012 at 6:45 AM

I think the media plays up Romney’s response to Obama attacks because they hope the attacks will bring Romney down and they paint themselves into a corner by covering it. Romney scores points in spite of the media, not because of them. If Romney initiates an attack on Obama, they ignore, deflect, sidestep or just lie about it. That’s what I see as the basis for the “reactive” charge. Proactive just doesn’t get any play because it may hurt Duh Won and we can’t have that now, can we?

swinia sutki on April 19, 2012 at 6:57 AM

YES. THIS. And all the high-fiving notwithstanding, the Rosen and dog stuff are nothing. Say that, though, and you’re an O-bot for not joining in the general merriment.

ddrintn on April 19, 2012 at 7:07 AM

@michellemalkin

Dear @MittRomney: Stop distancing yourself from conservatives fighting anti-Romney narratives online like u did on Hannity tonite. Not cool.

@michellemalkin

Better response to conservative Twittersphere battling Hilary Rosen & Team Obama is “Thank you,” not “Ppl don’t care about Twitter fights.”

@michellemalkin

Like @Ben_Howe said: “Ignoring narratives doesn’t win elections. Destroying narratives does.”

@JonathanCapps8

@michellemalkin he never said anything like that! He was asked about the Seamus story and said the election would be decided on the economy.

@michellemalkin

@JonathanCapps8 He’s been distancing himself from the story all day. Why not just embrace the win and then pivot, instead of running away?

@kdubrn

@michellemalkin Awesome job on Hannity tonite!! You always seem to nail it Perfectly!!

@michellemalkin

It’s a privilege & a blast to fight on the right side of the Web. THANK YOU. Let’s do this again tmrw! #happywarriors

Flora Duh on April 19, 2012 at 7:08 AM

ddrintn on April 19, 2012 at 7:07 AM

You mean like “I can see Russia from my house,” was nothing?

Or like, “Sarah Palin is so stupid she can’t even name any newspapers she reads,” was nothing?

Or how about, “Sarah Palin is unqualified to be Vice President because she doesn’t know what the Bush Doctrine is,” was nothing?

And no, I’m not implying you’re an O-bot.

Flora Duh on April 19, 2012 at 7:19 AM

Won’t happen. That shtick is part of the suck-up-to-indies routine. I’m afraid the “hard hits” are going to be a bunch of juvenile frat-boy stuff like the “Obama eats dogs, so there!” stuff.

ddrintn on April 19, 2012 at 7:23 AM

CoolChange80 on April 18, 2012 at 11:27 PM

A link would have sufficed, nutball.

JPeterman on April 18, 2012 at 11:32 PM

CoolChange80′s reputation as a “nutball” extends beyond HA.

@red_red_head The stupidity. It hurts. RT @EstablishmentDC: Is anyone taking nominations for the dumbest tweet of the day? https://twitter.com/#!/CoolChange80/status/192634201089118208

Flora Duh on April 19, 2012 at 7:24 AM

You mean like “I can see Russia from my house,” was nothing?

And no, I’m not implying you’re an O-bot.

Flora Duh on April 19, 2012 at 7:19 AM

The reason those memes stuck was because that brilliant Steve Schmidt McCain campaign kept Palin under such wraps that there was nothing else to go on. It wouldn’t have made any difference at all if there had been a “Well Obama said this and did that…harharhar…” campaign to try to counter it.

ddrintn on April 19, 2012 at 7:28 AM

ddrintn on April 19, 2012 at 7:23 AM

5. “Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon. It is almost impossible to counteract ridicule. Also it infuriates the opposition, which then reacts to your advantage.”

6. “A good tactic is one your people enjoy.”

8. “Keep the pressure on, with different tactics and actions, and utilize all events of the period for your purpose.”

Flora Duh on April 19, 2012 at 7:32 AM

ddrintn on April 19, 2012 at 7:28 AM

You mean because once the narrative was set and Schmidt wouldn’t counter it there was nothing else to go on, don’t you?

ddrintn on April 19, 2012 at 7:28 AM

Can you also tell me the lottery numbers for this week’s drawing in FL?

Flora Duh on April 19, 2012 at 7:36 AM

You mean like “I can see Russia from my house,” was nothing?

And no, I’m not implying you’re an O-bot.

Flora Duh on April 19, 2012 at 7:19 AM

ddrintn on April 19, 2012 at 7:28 AM

The reason that meme stuck was because they added up to reveal an candidate who was woefully unprepared for the national stage. (And yes, I know she didn’t actually say she could see Russia from her house. She merely underscored the fact that you can see Russia from the Aleutian Islands is a pathetic attempt to pretend to have foreign policy chops).

urban elitist on April 19, 2012 at 7:37 AM

By the way, this site is rapidly becoming unusable, forever hanging on this or that script.

ddrintn on April 19, 2012 at 7:38 AM

urban elitist on April 19, 2012 at 7:37 AM

You know what they say about opinions don’t you?

ddrintn on April 19, 2012 at 7:38 AM

That’s why I use FireFox add-ons which block the ads and do not allow my browser to automatically refresh the page.

Flora Duh on April 19, 2012 at 7:41 AM

The reason that meme stuck was because they added up to reveal…

…an incomplete picture.

urban elitist on April 19, 2012 at 7:37 AM

So how were Bill Clinton’s foreign policy chops in 1992?

ddrintn on April 19, 2012 at 7:42 AM

ddrintn
since this is a free country, well as of now, you can take your opinion elsewhere ………

angrymike on April 19, 2012 at 7:43 AM

urban elitist on April 19, 2012 at 7:37 AM

You know what they say about opinions don’t you?

Flora Duh on April 19, 2012 at 7:41 AM

I note that you have not a few opinions, yourself.

Hey, she dug her own grave, I just danced on it. If you can’t identify the rational used for a disastrous per-emptive war or — even easier — name a freaking magazine that you read — you’re going to look stupid.

And if you’re going to wink into the camera during the Vice Presidential debate…

urban elitist on April 19, 2012 at 7:46 AM

Flora Duh on April 19, 2012 at 7:36 AM

Yeah, but Schmidt going “neener neener” wouldn’t have been a very effective counter. And it doesn’t take a retrospective Nostradamus to figure that out.

ddrintn on April 19, 2012 at 7:47 AM

So how were Bill Clinton’s foreign policy chops in 1992?

ddrintn on April 19, 2012 at 7:42 AM

Significantly better than hers. Although, he had been preparing for that run for 20 years by then and had done some reading up.

urban elitist on April 19, 2012 at 7:48 AM

ddrintn

angrymike on April 19, 2012 at 7:43 AM

No, no no! That’s what people like the blue gilled one tell people, when they don’t agree with her, as she did me in our first encounter.

As long as ddrintn follows the rules set by HA he has every right to say what he wants to say. Doesn’t mean I have to agree with it, or even read it.

btw, Good Morning Mike!

Flora Duh on April 19, 2012 at 7:49 AM

Hey, she dug her own grave, I just danced on it.

urban elitist on April 19, 2012 at 7:46 AM

Oh, she’s very much alive. You don’t get even by “neener neener”. You get even by uttering something like “death panels”. And ObamaCare’s never been the same since.

ddrintn on April 19, 2012 at 7:51 AM

I note that you have not a few opinions, yourself.

urban elitist on April 19, 2012 at 7:46 AM

You know those Alinsky tactics I posted above? I also know that the one that is relied on the most is to change the subject if you can’t debate the issue.

This thread is on the subject of Mitt Romney and his campaign strategy, NOT Sarah Palin’s foreign policies, so sorry, you’ll have to get someone else to play your “when you can’t debate – deflect” game.

Flora Duh on April 19, 2012 at 7:54 AM

Great. So let me get this straight: Romney campaign wins two weeks in a row, poll after poll shows him leading, but that’s nothing because he isn’t giving conservatives enough read meat rhetoric and harsh attacks on Obama’s character?

Good to know.

rockmom on April 19, 2012 at 7:54 AM

So how were Bill Clinton’s foreign policy chops in 1992?

ddrintn on April 19, 2012 at 7:42 AM

urban elitist on April 19, 2012 at 7:48 AM

Prove it.

ddrintn

angrymike on April 19, 2012 at 7:43 AM

The reflexive lefty response: “I don’t agree with you, so somebody please make you shut up!”

ddrintn on April 19, 2012 at 7:55 AM

ddrintn on April 19, 2012 at 7:51 AM

Wish I hade a dollar for everytime a moron has pronounced the political death of Sarah Palin..:)

idesign on April 19, 2012 at 7:58 AM

Good to know.

rockmom on April 19, 2012 at 7:54 AM

Wins what, a couple of minor food fights? And more polls show him trailing than leading Obama.

ddrintn on April 19, 2012 at 7:58 AM

Oh, she’s very much alive.

Not politically. She’s only alive in the sense that Mike Huckabee and Newt Gingrich are. Breathing, but irrelevant.

urban elitist on April 19, 2012 at 8:03 AM

urban elitist on April 19, 2012 at 8:03 AM

Hey moron….

Approval-disapproval Republican voters

Palin 68% – 20%

Romney  54%- 38%

idesign on April 19, 2012 at 8:10 AM

And more polls show him trailing than leading Obama.

ddrintn on April 19, 2012 at 7:58 AM

Like the discredited CNN poll? I just read this at RCP:

Obama had been leading Romney by double digits in most national polling for weeks, but a few more recent surveys show his advantage considerably reduced; it’s down to just two points in the RealClearPolitics Average.

btw, RCP used the CNN poll to calculate their current average.

Flora Duh on April 19, 2012 at 8:13 AM

Fantastic piece

What Is the Conservative Movement

Dante on April 19, 2012 at 8:18 AM

AUDIO: Romney: Obama “Should Suck It Up” When It Comes To Golf

“I must admit, I scratch my head at the capacity of the president to take four hours off on such a regular basis to go golfing,” Mitt Romney said on Bill Cunningham’s radio program on WLW-AM.

“I would think you could kind of suck it up for four years particularly when the American people are out of work,” he added.

Flora Duh on April 19, 2012 at 8:23 AM

Flora Duh
Morning
just letting it know it has the right to leave……… which wouldn’t bother me in the least little bit…….;-)

angrymike on April 19, 2012 at 8:26 AM

rockmom on April 19, 2012 at 7:54 AM

Your wasting your time with this Romney hater. He can’t allow Super Mitt to take the high road. He thinks calling obozo a Kenyan food stamper wins votes. He wants to ignore the high personal favorability ratings of the fraud in the WH- The aim of these anti-mitts is to encourage giving the msm enough ammo to fire away at Mitt and provide a distraction for their messiah to hide behind.
Let egoNewt sling the mud- let Mitt stay focused.

FlaMurph on April 19, 2012 at 8:28 AM

So nobody’s paying any attention to this story outside of the right-wing nuts on Twitter eh?

From the UK’s Telegraph:

Why did it take the mainstream media so long to discover that Barack Obama ate a dog?

…You can buy t-shirts with slogans like “Mutts Against Mitt” and “Dogs Against Romney.” Whether Mitt wins this election or not, he’ll always be known as The Guy with a Dog on the Roof of his Car. Within fifty years “Romneyphobia” will become the technical term for a fear of low tunnels.

The saga of Seamus is one of a number of negative stories that have bedeviled the candidate throughout the race – heavily promoted by the White House. It’s often been used by the mainstream media to confirm his “weirdo factor” and the impression that he just “doesn’t get ordinary people.” Hands up: I’ve used it many times myself. But on Tuesday an equally bizarre story broke that deserves just as much airtime – and I don’t know why it has taken so long to get some. For while Romney may have terrified a dog into soiling itself, Barack Obama has gone one step further. He’s actually eaten one…

Emphasis mine.

Flora Duh on April 19, 2012 at 8:36 AM

Let egoNewt sling the mud- let Mitt stay focused.

FlaMurph on April 19, 2012 at 8:28 AM

With that logic, Michelle Malkin must be a hater….

To Romney: Stop Saying Obama Is A Nice Guy, He Is Not

idesign on April 19, 2012 at 8:39 AM

Emphasis mine.

Flora Duh on April 19, 2012 at 8:36 AM

Yes, this is the number one issue facing America. Forget the Constitution and limited government, we need to know what people ate during their childhood.

Dante on April 19, 2012 at 8:58 AM

Two things that bother me about Romney at this point:

I need to see Romney attacking Obama over Rev. Wright, Ayers, and for his radical upbringing. You know the LSM will be attacking Mitt over Mormonism which is a garbage tactic, so Romney better expose Obama for the radical he is.

And I’m going to blow a gasket if i hear Romney saying that Obama is a “nice guy”.

LevinFan on April 19, 2012 at 9:13 AM

Funny to hear the Romney quotes on Beck now:

Saying that being negative in the campaign is not going to work —– ummmm Mitt it seemed to work pretty well for you in the PRIMARY!!!

And thent the best part “I think the PResident is a NICE GUY”

gawdammitt Mitt !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is exactly what I’m talking about!! You spineless wimp!!! Get a pair and call it like it is! Obama is a bad guy, a communist thug who’s destroying this country on purpose. You have more than enough evidence to prove it, wake up!!

LevinFan on April 19, 2012 at 9:18 AM

LevinFan on April 19, 2012 at 9:18 AM

Wow, you sounded like your hero just then.

Dante on April 19, 2012 at 9:24 AM

what’s your problem Dante?

Do you think Maobama is a nice guy???

LevinFan on April 19, 2012 at 9:28 AM

Dante on April 19, 2012 at 8:58 AM

Oh get over yourself, will ya?

Yesterday I posted this from Breitbart.com

Romney: The Breitbart News Interview

Today they have this:

Romney Savages Obama over Economy

Yeah, Breitbart.com. One of the new media outlets who’s reporters have been been having the most fun with the dog story.

Believe it or not, there are some people who are capable of walking and chewing gum at the same time.

@michellemalkin

To wet-blanket righties who think dog jokes are “distraction,” we can have fun & hit hard at same time. My GSA column: http://t.co/LAPMJo9v

Flora Duh on April 19, 2012 at 9:35 AM

Fantastic piece

What Is the Conservative Movement

Dante on April 19, 2012 at 8:18 AM

LOL.
Oh my goodness.

Did anyone actually read this article that Dante linked? Its hilarious.

I mean, honestly, this writer can barely hold back his contempt for “fly-over country” conservatives. He doesn’t say as much, but the implications are clear. Anyone who is a fan of Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Bill O’Reilly, Dennis Miller, Ann Coulter, Michelle Malkin, Michael Savage, G. Gordon Liddy, Oliver North, or Greg Gutfield (quite a wide swath!!) is clearly not a serious conservative, according to this guy.

Talk about ideological purity!!

I’m sorry, but this article honestly made me laugh. It was that ridiculous. ;-)

RightWay79 on April 19, 2012 at 9:55 AM

rockmom on April 19, 2012 at 7:54 AM

Now I see it another way, I see conservatives finally getting into the battle because stupid sh!t shouldn’t decide who will be elected as president. I think the Romney camp did a great job on stay at home mom front and I think the conservative media lead the way on the dog issue. Truly an improvement over last election.

Cindy Munford on April 19, 2012 at 10:26 AM

Romney can always fight back and say he is no conservative, citing his record as a liberal Massachusetts Governor responsible for increased spending, increased fees and taxess, pro-abortion rights positions, anti-job creation policies, appointment of Democrats to the state judiciary and RomneyCare, which is a socialized medicine at the state level and which has provided the blueprint for ObamaCare. Romney would be truthful to so argue.

Real conservatives are not fooled by Romney, but perhaps Obama can fool moderates and liberals.

Phil Byler on April 19, 2012 at 10:57 AM

To Cindy Munford re your 4/19 10:26 am post: Government spending, taxes, abortion, job creation, judicial appointments and health care are not stupid sh!t issues; and Romney’s record during his only term in public office on those issues is a liberal one. Romney may now talk the talk of a conservative, but he has never walked the walk.

Phil Byler on April 19, 2012 at 11:03 AM

Phil Byler on April 19, 2012 at 11:03 AM

Sorry, I wasn’t clear, I’m talking about the dog issue and the non existent war on women being stupid. As for Gov. Romney playing all sides of the issues, I am not thrilled. At best I am an “Anybody but Obama” voter this time around.

Cindy Munford on April 19, 2012 at 11:28 AM

To Cindy Mumford re your 4/19 11:28 AM post: OK. I understand fully. We do need to beat Obama.

Back in 2008, I worked for McCain because I saw Obama then as a radial socialist hiding who he really was (and is), I did not want the country to go through what it has and McCain had served his country in war and was a national security conservative and pro-life fiscal conservative. Election year 2008, however was a Democrat year, with the financial crisis, the Obama 7 to 1 money advantage, and the absurd media bias for Obama.

Election year 2012 should be a Republican year, but I am honestly concerned that Romney is not whom the Republicans should be nominating. For example, Romney can say that ObamaCare should go. But how persuasive will that be to the general electorate when Obama says accurately that the blueprint for ObamaCare was RomneyCare which you, Mitt, have never disavowed? For another example, Romney can say that we need to have an economy that produces more jobs and I know how to do that. But how persuasive will that be to the general electorate when Obama says sure, Mitt, that is why Massachusetts ranked 47th in the country in job growth when you were Governor.

I do support Newt still and will until Romney gets enough delegates to secure a first ballot nomination (which he has not done). To me, it is telling that while Newt was a “Young Turk” captain in the Reagan Revolution, then was the GOP House leader who led the Republicans for the first time in decades to a House majority with the Contract With America and then was Speaker forced Bill Clinton to balanced budgets and welfare reform, Romney voted for liberal Democrats Jimmy Carter, Walter Mondale and Paul Tsongas and then refused to sign on to Newt’s Contract With America.

Phil Byler on April 19, 2012 at 12:07 PM

Phil Byler on April 19, 2012 at 12:07 PM

I was a supporter of Newt also, because he has a history of actually fighting against the Democrats and their policies. Unfortunately three marriages (with affairs) has rendered him unelectable in the eyes of too many. I don’t know what it will take to get the country to embrace something other than milquetoast and I’m not sure if I want live through it. Until then, I will enjoy such minor media victories as the dog and war on women push back. It’s the little things in life that get you through.

Cindy Munford on April 19, 2012 at 12:22 PM

Sad. I will be voting against obama rather than for Mittens our cookie cutter moderate GOP nominee.

Lanceman on April 18, 2012 at 11:12 PM

FIFY…but alas (sigh) it speaks for me also.

RedLizard64 on April 19, 2012 at 12:22 PM

Phil Byler on April 19, 2012 at 12:07 PM

And the choir responds with a hearty….AMEN!

RedLizard64 on April 19, 2012 at 12:52 PM

Strike back twice as hard. If he continues to do that I won’t have to hold my nose to vote for him.

But make no mistake…I WILL vote for him. I’m with Breitbart on this one. ABO.

Bob's Kid on April 19, 2012 at 1:43 PM