Obama: Unlike some people, I wasn’t born with a silver spoon in my mouth

posted at 6:36 pm on April 18, 2012 by Allahpundit

Maybe this explains why he used to eat dogs. Eating horses was reserved for rich kids.

If this campaign ends up being as nasty as everyone expects, by September he’ll be referring to Romney as “Moneybags.” For the record:

Romney is sensitive to perceptions that he grew up wealthy, so Obama’s “silver spoon” remark could strike a nerve. On the campaign trail, the former Massachusetts governor sometimes talks about his father, George, growing up poor and driving across the American West looking for work. When Mitt was born, the family was middle class, moving from Detroit to the tony suburb of Bloomfield Hills only after Mitt was a teenager, when his father took over American Motors. Although Mitt’s parents helped fund his college and graduate education, and helped him and his wife, Anne, buy their first home, he did not inherit his parents’ wealth; he amassed a multimillion-dollar fortune on his own, working at Bain Capital.

Says Joel Gehrke at the Examiner, “The president, calling as he was for increased government investment in student aid, seemed to be implying that receiving an education paid for by family is less legitimate than receiving it due to government support.” Eh, I think this is just basic Buffett Rule share-the-wealth rhetoric even though the Buffett Rule won’t pay for much of anything, let alone college educations for the middle class. And of course the silver spoon point is a veiled dig at Romney, part of the kitchen-sink effort to make him as personally unappealing to voters as possible. Romney’s already working on a counter to that:

Mitt Romney appeared today to acknowledge a recent poll that found President Obama more likeable by warning a crowd in North Carolina that “even if we like” the president, Americans “can’t afford” his policies.

Romney’s nod to the issue of likeability came during a speech billed as a “prebuttal” to Obama’s speech that will be delivered at the Democratic National Convention later this fall.

“Even if you like Barack Obama, we can’t afford Barack Obama,” said Romney. “It’s time to get someone that will get this economy going and put the American people back to work with good jobs and rising income.”

Righties won’t like the idea of him conceding O’s likability, but my hunch is that realistically there’s not much you can do to an incumbent on this point. Romney will attack, of course — a guy who won the nomination via negative ads isn’t about to abandon them now — but he’s apt to stick to policy critiques rather than character assaults a la the left’s dumb obsession with Seamus the dog. What could he say at this point about Obama as a person to dramatically shift the public’s perception of a president they’ve lived with every day for more than three years? Unless Mitt’s oppo team digs something up, O’s favorables are more or less priced in and will shift only if major policy developments, like a tanking economy, give them a push. See Nate Silver’s latest piece for more on that. Favorability is a good indicator of the likelihood of winning an election — but more so later in the race than earlier. Mitt’s got time before the public makes a more or less final judgment on him but Democrats will be pushing against him all the way.

video platform
video management
video solutions
video player

Comments

Comment pages: 1 3 4 5 6

I’ve seen more new names in the last week, than in the last two months..

mark81150 on April 18, 2012 at 10:18 PM

Many have been lirking waiting for the pissing contest between primary candidates supporters to dwindle down.

Rio Linda Refugee on April 18, 2012 at 10:22 PM

Wilbur you say. Thanks.

Bmore on April 18, 2012 at 10:22 PM

I’ve seen more new names in the last week, than in the last two months..

mark81150 on April 18, 2012 at 10:18 PM

Well I only started posting recently even though I signed up for the last open reg. I had wanted an account for more than a year with no open regs, but when they opened it up this time, I was lukewarm but got my account anyway. In hindsight, I’m glad I did it.

Client Number Nine on April 18, 2012 at 10:23 PM

Has anyone else noticed how these borderline trolls are coming unhinged?

Bmore on April 18, 2012 at 10:12 PM

That..

and why are new names popping up?.. Did I miss another open registration day?.. Wilbur?.. never saw him before,.. it’s as if they made up about six sock puppets each on open registration day, and move from one to another after getting banned on one..

I’ve seen more new names in the last week, than in the last two months..

mark81150 on April 18, 2012 at 10:18 PM

Wow, I am one of those you probably have not noticed on a regular basis, but it seems that the reason HotGas had an open registration is because, when you’re just talking to yourself, it gets a little boring…

ccrosby on April 18, 2012 at 10:23 PM

Oh and I wanted to wait for the socks and obvious trolls to get 86ed before I started posting. Once liberal4life got the axe, I figured I’d dive in.

Client Number Nine on April 18, 2012 at 10:24 PM

some were also lurking

Rio Linda Refugee on April 18, 2012 at 10:25 PM

Face it: The story does not have any punch if Zimmerman is Hispanic. He has to be white in order to sell.

Where’s the outrage over the reverse story that cited in the link in my previous post?

Where’s the outrage over the black woman who killed a new mum and kidnapped her 3 day-old white son?

Where are Jesse & Al?

Resist We Much on April 18, 2012 at 9:53 PM

Looks to me like that murder has been getting plenty of coverage, and that the murderer has been apprehended. Doesn’t appear that anyone was let off because of the race of their victim.

Where’s your outrage about the murders in Tulsa?

urban elitist on April 18, 2012 at 10:06 PM

Psst! You FORGOT to answer his question before you posed yours

And would you do us a favor and post a list of which murders we’re supposed to be outraged over, and which ones we can bypass?

Red State State of Mind on April 18, 2012 at 10:26 PM

because you’re a-holes and we don’t like you, don’t want to do your bidding, and would love it if you ran to Canada to protest not getting your way..

mark81150 on April 18, 2012 at 10:13 PM

Canada would implode if that happened with so many non-producers moving in to suck the country dry.

NotCoach on April 18, 2012 at 10:27 PM

Red State State of Mind on April 18, 2012 at 10:26 PM

Does make it hard with out the trusty cereal box top magic lib decoder ring :)

uncommon sense on April 18, 2012 at 10:28 PM

Unlike some people, I wasn’t born with a silver spoon in my mouth

No, but you were born with something up your behind: your head.

ya2daup on April 18, 2012 at 10:30 PM

Says the fella who got to go to an exclusive public high school and thence several prestigious universities.

A Balrog of Morgoth on April 18, 2012 at 10:32 PM

um, private high school.

A Balrog of Morgoth on April 18, 2012 at 10:32 PM

Client Number Nine on April 18, 2012 at 10:23 PM

The more posters the better. If you are a lib, I hope you are a nice one. If you are conservative, fire at will. :)

arnold ziffel on April 18, 2012 at 10:33 PM

Obama can say that, but it seems to me that he’s been given just about everything he’s gotten. He was selected by Dem politicos to be the first African American President and painted in the media as another JFK. Now that he’s in, he’s proven to have a sense of entitlement without a sense of responsibility.

It makes me steam to hear him implying that Romney didn’t earn his success. It certainly wasn’t affirmative action or friends in high places.

flataffect on April 18, 2012 at 10:34 PM

“The enemy properly goaded and guided in his reaction will be your major strength”

We have had some rib cracking/side splitting fun with dogs but we need to focus.

F15Mech on April 18, 2012 at 10:36 PM

Obama: Unlike some people, I wasn’t born with a silver spoon in my mouth

Nope, but I’ve heard you are a fan of ChimiChuhauhahs

DStreete on April 18, 2012 at 10:36 PM

You’re deranged. When someone looks like Zimmerman does and a name like Zimmerman does, everyone assumes he’s white. The Times actually bumped the racial aspect down a notch by pointing out that he was Hispanic.

I’m deranged??? Zimmerman looks Hispanic! It doesn’t matter what his name is. Furthermore, he has self-identified as a Hispanic for years.

If the Times wanted to add “punch” by playing up a racial aspect, they would have continues to allow people to assume that Zimmy was white.

Oh, puh-lease! The NYT did the same thing in PRINT that NBC did to the audio of the 911 tape. I have it right here. The Times made Zimmerman out to be a racist and insinuated that he brought up race when all he did was answer the dispatcher’s multiple choice question.

How do you know that Zimmerman was let off because of the race of his victim? Was Trevor Dooley-an African-American man from central Florida, who shot and killed a white neighbour and is defending himself using Florida’s Stand Your Ground law, originally let off because his victim was white? Why was Trevor Dooley only charged with manslaughter while George Zimmerman was charged with second degree murder?

Again, read the story here…if you have the ‘nads:

Sympathy For The Devils, Race-Pimps, Grievance-Mongers, & Great, White Guilt-Trippers?

Also, on the mum story, the race of neither has been mentioned because it is NOT important. Just like race was NOT important down in Sanford, Florida.

Where’s your outrage about the murders in Tulsa?

I voiced my outrage when the full-blooded Cherokee Indian, whose father was murdered by an African-American two years before to the day, and his methed-out freak of a friend went on their horrific, racist, disgusting, hideous shooting spree.

Where is your OUTRAGE over the black man in his car in Phoenix, who shot and killed the mentally-handicapped Daniel AdkinsA WHITE HISPANIC — SINCE YOU THINK THAT LAST NAMES ARE SO INDICATIVE OF RACE — while the guy with the IQ of a 12 year-old was walking his dog to Taco Bell?

Resist We Much on April 18, 2012 at 10:37 PM

flataffect on April 18, 2012 at 10:34 PM

You make a good point. We all have things in our background that can hinder as well as help. Daddy Bush and Romney were certainly able to open doors but the kids still had to make their own way.

I’m pretty blanking tired of Obama trying to act like he was so deprived. He probably was emotionally, but life ain’t fair. I’ll bet quite a few successful Americans from years ago came from terrible circumstances.

arnold ziffel on April 18, 2012 at 10:39 PM

Madelyn Dunham, who was the first female vice president of the Bank of Hawaii. Barack and Michelle Obama’s 2009 tax return, posted on the White House website, indicates the Obamas inherited almost $500,000 worth of the bank’s stock from the president’s grandmother.

Bank of Hawaii is the state’s largest bank in volume and number of accounts. It also has more ATMs than any other bank in the state. Based out of Honolulu, Bank of Hawaii offers a full range of services from personal accounts to home loans to government assistance. Forbes named Bank of Hawaii America’s Best Bank in 2010.

Yeah, it’s funny…

Fallon on April 18, 2012 at 10:41 PM

arnold ziffel on April 18, 2012 at 10:33 PM

In the real world, I self-identify as a conservative. Online, as a moderate. It’s all about where you are in relation to your surroundings.

Client Number Nine on April 18, 2012 at 10:42 PM

Client Number Nine on April 18, 2012 at 10:24 PM

Well you could have pitched in earlier rookie. :) I’m sure there will be plenty more in the future.

arnold ziffel on April 18, 2012 at 10:43 PM

ccrosby on April 18, 2012 at 10:23 PM

You’re no troll. I like your comments. ; )

Bmore on April 18, 2012 at 10:44 PM

Client Number Nine on April 18, 2012 at 10:42 PM

Can we call you Elliott for short?

Bmore on April 18, 2012 at 10:46 PM

Resist We Much on April 18, 2012 at 10:37 PM

Nicely done. Awesome smackdown.

CW on April 18, 2012 at 10:46 PM

Silver spoon? You effing freak. You’ve had EVERYTHING dished up to you on a silver platter. You have not earned one single thing on your own. Not one. Your Ivy league education? Handed to you. President of the Harvard Law Review? Handed to you. Your lectureship at the Chicago School of Law? Handed to you. Your chairmanship of the Chicago Annenberg Challenge? Which you divvied up to your leftist cronies. Handed to you.

You are the product of leftist elites, Mr. President. Nothing more. All you have to show for yourself are two stunningly narcissistic autobiographies that one can only assume that you never wrote because all of your previous writings were put under lock and key when it was decided by your creators that you would run for president for the new neo-leftist cause.

Mitt Romney was born into money, so what? John Kerry married into money. And you, Barack, have had LOADS of money laid onto your prissy little metrosexual lap. And now, you and Moochelle are living like royalty off of American Taxpayer money.

So SPARE US the “silver spoon” horse shit.

minnesoter on April 18, 2012 at 10:47 PM

Does make it hard with out the trusty cereal box top magic lib decoder ring :)

uncommon sense on April 18, 2012 at 10:28 PM

Just turn the cereal box upside down and open it that way. I think that’s one of Alinsky’s Rules, isn’t it?

Red State State of Mind on April 18, 2012 at 10:49 PM

Fallon on April 18, 2012 at 10:41 PM

Yep, poor little Barry. Lived in a condo on Oahu, attended the most expensive private school in Honolulu, and inherited hundreds of thousands of dollars’ worth of bank stock from his granny.

We should all have been as “deprived” as this clown.

AZCoyote on April 18, 2012 at 10:49 PM

I live in Hawaii…Obama went to Punahou. As we say in Hawaii, kids from Punahou are the rich ones…Punahou is where some of the most wealthiest Americans went to school (AOL/Time Warners’ Steve Case, Ebay’s Pierre Omidyar, Cox’s Enterprise Barbara Cox’s children, Dole Industries founder Sanford Dole, Blair Kennedy (Australia’s second most wealthiest woman). Obama’s grandmother was the highest ranking and highest paid woman at the bank she worked at (First Hawaiian now owned by BancWest and has assets of nearly $13 Billion)…sure it was the 70′s and women didn’t earn as much as men, however, it was good enough to put Barry through a school with tuition this year at $18,450 per year…not too shabby for a guy who says he wasn’t born with a silver spoon in his mouth…I make good money, and consider myself upper middle class and I still can’t afford to send my sons to Punahou…

jnrz on April 18, 2012 at 10:50 PM

Obama absolutely thinks all great innovation is born from government spending….or government is the harbinger of solving financial problems at home.

All he wants to do is refinance more individuals and union driven companies on the tax payers dime.

rubberneck on April 18, 2012 at 10:50 PM

Unlike some people, I wasn’t born with a silver spoon in my mouth

Unlike some people, Romney didn’t grow up with a dog in his mouth.

Ronnie on April 18, 2012 at 10:52 PM

This is really all they have left, the fact Axelrod is playing this card now means they KNOW they’re absolutely f*cked.

If I were Romney, I’d bring up Obama’s priviledged background, growing up in Hawaii attending private schools.

Let’s be honest here, Obama has had everything handed to him on a silver platter, he’s never had to overcome a real obstacle in his entire life.

BradTank on April 18, 2012 at 10:52 PM

….Now that he’s in, he’s proven to have a sense of entitlement without a sense of responsibility…..

flataffect on April 18, 2012 at 10:34 PM

That’s a great line.

Red State State of Mind on April 18, 2012 at 10:54 PM

ccrosby on April 18, 2012 at 10:23 PM

You’re no troll. I like your comments. ; )

Bmore on April 18, 2012 at 10:44 PM

Thank you, I guess that outburst was my pathetic need for approval…;-)

ccrosby on April 18, 2012 at 10:55 PM

Hmmm…he and his folks seemed to really get around back in the day when my family had to be content with driving everywhere or be transported/moved by the USAF.

At any rate, he got the silver spoon later on via affirmative action and what seems to be a Communist network that takes care of red blanket children. Then there was left-wing academia, the Annenberg Foundation, the Illinois Dem establishment, and various other sources.

Forget what the Leftists feed us about Communists being poor and abhorring money. Neither is true.

Dr. ZhivBlago on April 18, 2012 at 10:58 PM

I’m glad Romney is acknowledging Obama’s “likeability” but quickly pointing out how irrelevant it is to governing. I wish though he would push further and point out that “likeability” is a frequent asset of confidence men.

sistrum on April 18, 2012 at 11:00 PM

At least Romney wasn’t born with a Sliver Terrier in his…

viking01 on April 18, 2012 at 11:02 PM

Obama: Unlike some people, I wasn’t born with a silver spoon in my mouth

I don’t care about silver spoons. Obama’s problem is that he was born with a red spoon in his mouth.

sadarj on April 18, 2012 at 11:02 PM

Dr. ZhivBlago on April 18, 2012 at 10:58 PM

That aspect of it fascinates me. A leftover of the Soviet Union perhaps? How does the connection to wealthy muslims fit in? It it a real network or just random groups of rich proggies?

slickwillie2001 on April 18, 2012 at 11:06 PM

Can’t eat dog with a silver spoon eh?

No idea who made this, but enjoy.

jhffmn on April 18, 2012 at 11:08 PM

At least Romney wasn’t born with a Sliver Terrier in his…

viking01 on April 18, 2012 at 11:02 PM

OK, now that’s funny!

I’m curious where they can take this whole dog-gate thing now?

Axelrod must be working overtime on this one. Interviewing dog’s in MA about how they were mistreated by Romney policies…

We’re probably paying for it too…

ccrosby on April 18, 2012 at 11:10 PM

On a more serious note, has Obama ever held a real #$&#ing job anyway?

jhffmn on April 18, 2012 at 11:10 PM

At least Romney wasn’t born with a Sliver Terrier in his…

viking01 on April 18, 2012 at 11:02 PM

Lick that!

profitsbeard on April 18, 2012 at 11:13 PM

On a more serious note, has Obama ever held a real #$&#ing job anyway?

jhffmn on April 18, 2012 at 11:10 PM

Not until January, 2009, where he is supposedly working for us.

I have not had the opportunity to be a CEO (probably because I am not qualified), but in this instance I think I can say “You’re Fired”

ccrosby on April 18, 2012 at 11:21 PM

Only hatred I see here is hatred for a black president.

wilbur on April 18, 2012 at 7:08 PM

Only hatred I see here is hatred for a black president.

angryed on April 18, 2012 at 7:08 PM

….noooooo…you can’t see anything up there but the polyps on your colon!

KOOLAID2 on April 18, 2012 at 11:34 PM

Not until January, 2009, where he is supposedly working for us.

ccrosby on April 18, 2012 at 11:21 PM

Maybe I’m alone on this one, but listening to a man who has never worked a day in his life talk to the rest of us about silver spoons is just sickening.

Maybe when he flies his family down on airforce 1 to Colombia on my dime he should spend that time pondering just how in touch he is with us common folk.

jhffmn on April 18, 2012 at 11:36 PM

The Baby in Chief had to take the bus, once, just for one piece of fresh fruit, imagine.

Schadenfreude on April 18, 2012 at 11:41 PM

Family business

Schadenfreude on April 18, 2012 at 11:42 PM

Obama? He’s not black.

minnesoter on April 18, 2012 at 11:43 PM

Lack of silverware in Kenya?

Archivarix on April 18, 2012 at 11:44 PM

Dog food is too good for that guy.

Not dog meat, dog food. Never thought I could hate anyone this much. That kenyan is poison.

Texyank on April 18, 2012 at 11:47 PM

I don’t think those people standing behind him were very moved by his speech. Maybe they thought he was lying…or something. They’re gonna need to do a better job of explaining to the prop-people how important it is that they at least act like they enjoy the lies. He’s really workin’ the crowd with the determined lip-biting and the calculated hand gestures…but those people in back can only hear the lies, so they’re simply going to have to ignore his words and clap like fools. Fools who like being lied to.

redwhiteblue on April 18, 2012 at 11:48 PM

Obama is not “likeable”. He is a passive-aggressive narcissistic nasty thug.

Schadenfreude on April 18, 2012 at 11:49 PM

I love how the trolls here spew venom and they get to remain here with posting privileges. Try speaking an opposing viewpoint over at DailyKOS and you lose the ability to comment. And I’m talking about posting a civil opinion contrary to the liberal mindset.

So lib-trolls, enjoy your stay here. Speak up, you are the best thing for the Democratic party. Keep up the insanity, you are just providing us the ammo we need to destroy you in November.

Oops… sorry for using the word “ammo.” It’s just proof that I’m a racist violent hate monger.

peace and love to all.

TheLoudTalker on April 18, 2012 at 11:52 PM

Yeah, I think we’re in for a whole lotta “lop biting” and falsetto protestations outta this phony in the months ahead.

minnesoter on April 18, 2012 at 11:53 PM

Silver spoon, no.

Little tin god, yes.

profitsbeard on April 19, 2012 at 12:05 AM

He is such a geek. The spoon was to busy holding candy to his nose, it never made it to his mouth.

dog muncher.

nwpammy on April 19, 2012 at 12:17 AM

With Obama, it’s only a matter of degree. His grandmother was an executive with the Bank of Hawaii so Obama can’t say he was the same as the other kids in public school. He went to exclusive private schools in Hawaii and when he was in Indonesia, he certainly wasn’t living in poverty.

Too bad the Republicans just won’t do the necessary opposition research to call him on his claims. If people knew the truth, he’d be sunk.

bflat879 on April 19, 2012 at 12:24 AM

Thats right you know.
No spoons.

Ate the dog with a fork.
Even the soup.

You know how hard it is to eat dog soup with a fork?
Got to be quick.

That is when I first got the nickname Bark.

PaleoRider on April 19, 2012 at 12:27 AM

lol! I really fail to understand why people find Obama “likable” when he must be one of the biggest and most ungracious a-holes in public life. I can hardly wait to vote this creep out in November.

ghostwriter on April 18, 2012 at 9:16 PM

People don’t like him, that’s another false narrative the media loves.. but has no basis in fact. Liberals are always in adoration mode with their leaders.. and are dumbstruck that the arrogant, stuck up, messianic wanna be name calling a-hole that they adore for sliming republicans with such zeal.. is as popular as snakebite…

Note to the brain dead left.. your “won” has been such a two faced strident as*hole, I wouldn’t p*ss on him if he were on fire..

You slime throwing jerks for 8 years made this country put up with your vile sneering mud throwing name calling filth flinging rants about our president..

and now you have the whining, unmitigated gall to cry babybottle sized tears because we don’t adore your mancrush like you do?

You people are off your meds..

You always dish it out with a coal shovel, and can’t take the slightest microscopic amount of criticism..

you whine..

you cry..

you scream racist..

You’re about to be sodomized by Karma.. and you can’t even fathom why..

Liberals are blind, completely blind to the way they spread hatred in their wake..

Then when years like 1980, 84, 94 2000, 04 and 2010 happen, you’re again, gobsmacked that anything like that could happen.. why why why why why…..

You think you’re so smart, smarter than those stupid rethugs, or those sheep voters.. why why why, are we dashing your hopes and dreams… waaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh…

If you must know..

mark81150 on April 18, 2012 at 10:13 PM

Truer words were never spoken.

Susanboo on April 19, 2012 at 12:37 AM

If Obama keeps up the personal attacks, he’s going to experience the wrath of many voters that never ever planned on supporting Romney. Romney does not appear to be “wimping out” like McCain did last election, and for sure his campaign is not taking it sitting down.

This is a big mistake on Obama’s part, and I believe he’s awakened a sleeping giant. I predict that the Conservative and Moderate Republican Electorate along with many Independents, will turn out in droves to vote this jerk out of office.

Susanboo on April 19, 2012 at 12:55 AM

When Mitt was born, the family was middle class, moving from Detroit to the tony suburb of Bloomfield Hills only after Mitt was a teenager, when his father took over American Motors. Although Mitt’s parents helped fund his college and graduate education, and helped him and his wife, Anne, buy their first home, he did not inherit his parents’ wealth.

Mitt has to make his wealth, his supposed “weakness” into his greatest strength. This is a great story. From what I’ve read, Mitt’s father really lived the true American Dream in its fullest sense, working himself from rags to riches by working hard and being smart. Apparently, Mitt’s father also mentored and taught his son along the way, and passed on his work ethic, his moral code and then, provided the educational opportunity that every parent dreams of providing for their children. Most fathers dream of the day they watch their progeny walk across that stage to take their diplomas. Then, instead of crippling his son with a fat trust fund (or by other means not to have to work), Mitt’s father sent him off to make it on his own.

Mitt created his own American Dream, as his father taught him to do. He should be proud to tell America his story and use it to inspire everyone to achieve what he has done.

And so, by camparison, what was Barry’s story again?

Harbingeing on April 19, 2012 at 1:08 AM

The arugula was just a cover. All the time Obama was stuffing dog meat down his throat with his greasy little fingers. That’s probably why he’s losing weight —worms! Are the taxpayers going to have to foot the bill for deworming the President now? Has anyone told him to leave the garden snails alone?

claudius on April 19, 2012 at 1:13 AM

slickwillie2001 on April 18, 2012 at 11:06 PM

I really don’t know for sure, but it seems they do/did know each other over the years so collusion is certainly probable. I’ve actually spent time trying to figure that out and document as much as I could on another blog. When you start researching these people, you find others linked to them, and then others linked to them and so on. The Venona Files were a real eye-opener, but I don’t that Moscow ever had to spend much funding them as there are plenty of affluent Communists that can do that themselves…maybe there’s a money-laundering aspect?

It’s hard to pin them down because few were actually card-carrying
Communists, and others even Conservatives would find hard to accept as being Communists, partly as pointed out above, because they were successful and wealthy so it’s easy to dismiss any allegations of Communist sympathies/ties as being absurd. Most Americans simply refuse to believe that there are more than a handful of crackpots in this country professing to be Communists…Hollywood and the LSM also periodically and consistently deride the notion that there is really such a thing as American Communists.

Now, militias, Holocaust revisionists, the KKK, John Birch Society, the neo-Nazis…they’re the real threat to our safety and God only knows how many millions fill their ranks! LOL But people buy it. The term “Communist” is just extreme right wing hate speech for well-meaning Liberals who simply want to help folks, and who are actually the embodiment of the true American spirit.

Dr. ZhivBlago on April 19, 2012 at 1:25 AM

Too tired to read all the comments. Was a consensus reached on whether a silver fork or silver chopsticks is/are better for eating pooch?

Arnold Yabenson on April 19, 2012 at 2:21 AM

Obama: Unlike some people, I wasn’t born with a silver spoon in my mouth

Is Kim Geveden working for Obama’s campaign?

TheDriver on April 19, 2012 at 3:26 AM

Romney grew up wealthy but Obama is making us poor.

I’ll throw in with Romney.

Sherman1864 on April 19, 2012 at 3:39 AM

I like Obama so much I like him gone from the White House.

I think this Obama likeability is so much crud.

In fact I like crud more than that cat!

Sherman1864 on April 19, 2012 at 3:44 AM

Has Obama ever said how he paid for either college or law school or is that a classified secret along with his transcripts?

Resist We Much on April 18, 2012 at 6:40 PM

Baskin Robbins sure didn’t pay for it. 0bama’s entire work history is a blank between scooping ice cream with that fake Social Security number and graduating law school.

cane_loader on April 19, 2012 at 3:47 AM

Obama: Unlike some people, I wasn’t born with a silver spoon in my mouth. Barry is this another one of your shovel ready projects?

stormridercx4 on April 19, 2012 at 3:47 AM

Someone mentioned Obama was a community organizer in Harlem after law school. I hadn’t heard that before.

stormridercx4 on April 19, 2012 at 3:50 AM

Good old nasty Obama–doing what the RNC failed to do–make us like Romney!

Don L on April 19, 2012 at 4:07 AM

Yowzah! Who was that?

Dee2008 on April 18, 2012 at 8:49 PM

Some person under the siggy of “Catherine”. Wrote two books? Who is it?

ProudPalinFan on April 19, 2012 at 5:28 AM

Obama: Unlike some people, I wasn’t born with a silver spoon in my mouth

Yah sure..but YOU were born with a huge chip on your shoulders..

And, the American people are gonna knock it off in Nov …we’re tired of your arrogant whining AND sniveling..

BigSven on April 19, 2012 at 5:44 AM

It’s hard to get a silver spoon in someone’s mouth when there head is up their butt!

lhuffman34 on April 19, 2012 at 6:51 AM

And so, by camparison, what was Barry’s story again?

Harbingeing on April 19, 2012 at 1:08 AM

Then why does Romney appear so effing defensive about it? A show of testicular fortitude would go a long way right now.

swinia sutki on April 19, 2012 at 7:04 AM

Obama: Unlike some people, I wasn’t born with a silver spoon in my mouth

So What !!
Being born with a silver spoon or not has no relavence to the discussion. If President Obama wants to make an issue of this, he best be careful not to knock the silver spoon too much.
1) His kids are silver spooners. If being born to wealth is a bad thing, we need to ask why he has exposed his family to such a burden. Why is he being critical of Romney for the EXACT same thing he is providing his kids.
2) The “system” as it stands has been very benefical to both Obama and his wife. Why change it ? The benefit to our country would be marginal, at best. Again, if being born to wealth is a negative, why is he promoting more of it ?

His quote is irrelavent.

Jabberwock on April 19, 2012 at 7:05 AM

Not born with a silver spoon but darn good at taxing and extracting the spoons of others and passing them out to his friends, cronies, and supporters in return for votes and/or other advert type support

Not-a-Marxist on April 19, 2012 at 8:03 AM

Romney’s father earned his wealth, while Mitt was growing up, kind of like the Obama’s earned their wealth, while their kids are growing up. Any negative comments that Obama makes about Romney’s upbringing, can also be applied to Obama’s own children.

HarryBackside on April 19, 2012 at 8:04 AM

Righties won’t like the idea of him conceding O’s likability,

What?
Since when is this ba$tard ‘likeable’?
They only like him bcs he promises them free stuff & he’s got brown-ish skin.

Badger40 on April 19, 2012 at 8:22 AM

If Romney was smart he’d point out that he and his father both became wealthy via the “American dream” of being self made successes and ask why Obama hates the idea of that so very much. Also, why has he hamstrung small businesses with taxes and regulations that make it harder for others to achieve that dream?

Benaiah on April 19, 2012 at 8:26 AM

Obama: Unlike most Americans, I was born with a silver hammer and sickle in my mouth.

The Rogue Tomato on April 19, 2012 at 8:33 AM

He’s so pathetic. Even Jimmy Carter acted Presidential half the time.
Jimmy certainly had more respect for women. He respected his mother and honored her often in public.

JellyToast on April 19, 2012 at 8:40 AM

but you hoovered a few silver spoons under your nose eh champ?

FineasFinn on April 19, 2012 at 8:48 AM

Even liberals–well, those with half a brain which is their best effort to date–are outraged at what liberals are doing to our Constitutional rights these days:

Read about the new bill from Barbara Boxer! It’s OUTRAGEOUS!!

And, don’t forget to read and consider Bloomberg’s latest outrage in NYC–THE EQUIVALENT OF THE YELLOW STAR for SMOKERS!

God, these people are completely evil. And, I don’t mean smokers, I mean BLOOMBERG. The man is EVIL.

mountainaires on April 19, 2012 at 8:52 AM

His quote is irrelevant.

Jabberwock on April 19, 2012 at 7:05 AM

His kids will most likely get hired as “journalists” with NBC. Obama and wife will make Carter look like a quiet little church mouse after they leave office and start agitating the communities, again. Thanks, America. Your guilt has been assuaged but our pennance will continue.

Fallon on April 19, 2012 at 8:55 AM

If this is what he’s sayin’ now he’s got nothing!!!

PatriotRider on April 19, 2012 at 8:55 AM

Let’s get real here. I don’t think the One could care less about the presidency. He doesn’t want to be president – his handlers want him to be president in order to push this country into oblivion. After he gets booted out he will make MILLIONS on the talking circuit and him and his beloved will go back to chi–town and hook up with his old buddies. Maybe he’ll even go back to his old church…

Alibali on April 19, 2012 at 9:09 AM

He’s not even talking about getting OBL anymore, and has moved on down into full blown class warfare.

Kissmygrits on April 19, 2012 at 9:11 AM

He might not have been born with a silver spoon in his mouth but I’m pretty sure he was born with something up his…..

Anyone, Anything but Obama 2012!!

If he keeps this up he’s going to force me to campaign for Romney and get a bumper sticker. And I’m NOT a Romney fan.

PappyD61 on April 19, 2012 at 9:11 AM

Mr. Obama is mistaken. He was born with a silver spoon in his mouth. It’s just that the silver spoon didn’t come from the efforts of his own family. The silver spoon came from families of taxpayers and families like the Romney’s who donate their money to university endowment funds that provided whatever grants, scholorships, and/or fellowships he received.

WestTexasBirdDog on April 19, 2012 at 9:14 AM

Fallon on April 19, 2012 at 8:55 AM

Don’t know about the kids. Need to give ‘em the benefit of doubt.
He, on the other hand, is destined for UN Sec Gen. Next best place to destroy America from. The ultimate agitating position.

Jabberwock on April 19, 2012 at 9:14 AM

Alibali on April 19, 2012 at 9:09 AM

I agree.
He’ll just hawk his ‘brilliant’ speeches to the crowds that need that opiate of Utopia.
Obama is dumb. But he’s smart bcs he knows how to hustle the stupid & weak for cash.

Badger40 on April 19, 2012 at 9:16 AM

WestTexasBirdDog on April 19, 2012 at 9:14 AM

I know it’s WND, but who knows? It wouldn’t surprise me.
Communists have an UNCANNY way of sticking together.

Badger40 on April 19, 2012 at 9:18 AM

Now we know why his dog travels on separate plane from Barry.

When do we know? NOW we know.

Wade on April 19, 2012 at 9:20 AM

Now that The President has opened the discussion, how did he pay his way through both Columbia and Harvard ? I would would like to learn of this struggle of sacrafice and hardship, no? Did big government help him as he proposes for others ? Or something else.

Jabberwock on April 19, 2012 at 9:22 AM

What a horrible way to talk about your children…

Wagthatdog on April 19, 2012 at 9:23 AM

The “system” as it stands has been very beneficial to both Obama and his wife.
Jabberwock on April 19, 2012 at 7:05 AM

Right…the Obama’s have accrued their own wealth and will continue to amass a fortune. Romney made his fortune, not in the same way, but in the same “system”. The “system” is what financially benefited both families, and not so much the silver spoon. It seems a parallel can be drawn here. And better yet, Romney learned how to become a job creator along the way. Mr. Obama is still trying to figure out how to do that.

lynncgb on April 19, 2012 at 9:23 AM

This is the guy that is leading by example on civility? Really?

Wagthatdog on April 19, 2012 at 9:28 AM