Obama: Unlike some people, I wasn’t born with a silver spoon in my mouth

posted at 6:36 pm on April 18, 2012 by Allahpundit

If this campaign ends up being as nasty as everyone expects, by September he’ll be referring to Romney as “Moneybags.” For the record:

Romney is sensitive to perceptions that he grew up wealthy, so Obama’s “silver spoon” remark could strike a nerve. On the campaign trail, the former Massachusetts governor sometimes talks about his father, George, growing up poor and driving across the American West looking for work. When Mitt was born, the family was middle class, moving from Detroit to the tony suburb of Bloomfield Hills only after Mitt was a teenager, when his father took over American Motors. Although Mitt’s parents helped fund his college and graduate education, and helped him and his wife, Anne, buy their first home, he did not inherit his parents’ wealth; he amassed a multimillion-dollar fortune on his own, working at Bain Capital.

Says Joel Gehrke at the Examiner, “The president, calling as he was for increased government investment in student aid, seemed to be implying that receiving an education paid for by family is less legitimate than receiving it due to government support.” Eh, I think this is just basic Buffett Rule share-the-wealth rhetoric even though the Buffett Rule won’t pay for much of anything, let alone college educations for the middle class. And of course the silver spoon point is a veiled dig at Romney, part of the kitchen-sink effort to make him as personally unappealing to voters as possible. Romney’s already working on a counter to that:

Mitt Romney appeared today to acknowledge a recent poll that found President Obama more likeable by warning a crowd in North Carolina that “even if we like” the president, Americans “can’t afford” his policies.

Romney’s nod to the issue of likeability came during a speech billed as a “prebuttal” to Obama’s speech that will be delivered at the Democratic National Convention later this fall.

“Even if you like Barack Obama, we can’t afford Barack Obama,” said Romney. “It’s time to get someone that will get this economy going and put the American people back to work with good jobs and rising income.”

Righties won’t like the idea of him conceding O’s likability, but my hunch is that realistically there’s not much you can do to an incumbent on this point. Romney will attack, of course — a guy who won the nomination via negative ads isn’t about to abandon them now — but he’s apt to stick to policy critiques rather than character assaults a la the left’s dumb obsession with Seamus the dog. What could he say at this point about Obama as a person to dramatically shift the public’s perception of a president they’ve lived with every day for more than three years? Unless Mitt’s oppo team digs something up, O’s favorables are more or less priced in and will shift only if major policy developments, like a tanking economy, give them a push. See Nate Silver’s latest piece for more on that. Favorability is a good indicator of the likelihood of winning an election — but more so later in the race than earlier. Mitt’s got time before the public makes a more or less final judgment on him but Democrats will be pushing against him all the way.

video platform
video management
video solutions
video player

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

his rabid hate for successful people has nothing to do with his ‘having been born poor’, he’s never been poor…it all has to do with his marxist ideology, and btw, Marx came from a very well off German family but that didn’t stop him from writing Das Kapital…

jimver on April 18, 2012 at 7:47 PM

This guy will say or do anything to win. This is going to be a very dangerous 7 months, the race/class/religous/gender wars will be stoked as never before.

VegasRick on April 18, 2012 at 7:51 PM

Silver spoon… crack pipe… not much of a difference for this SCOAMF.

JohnGalt23 on April 18, 2012 at 7:52 PM

I could be misremembering, but I don’t remember you ever acting like this before.
Count to 10 on April 18, 2012 at 7:30 PM

That’s because he was only pretending to be a conservative. He’s really just a bottom feeding leftist hobo who is probably paid by the DNC to troll conservative blogs.

jawkneemusic on April 18, 2012 at 7:52 PM

Go eat a dog, Obummer. You were born with Golden Retriever in your mouth.

Philly on April 18, 2012 at 7:53 PM

IIRC so was JFK, though his was a bit tarnished.

Flora Duh on April 18, 2012 at 7:53 PM

He’s totally clueless. This class warfare is his only card.
And where do jobs come from? The bottom? When did anyone get a job from a poor or unemployed person?

Kini on April 18, 2012 at 7:09 PM

More to the point, class warfare only goes so far with Romney (it would be a different story with the Bush family). Romney is not a trust fund baby. His wealth is of his own efforts- he donated his family inheritance to charity.

There is no getting around the fact that Romney is wealthy and I give his campaign credit for not pretending otherwise though there was a “cheesy grits moment” in Alabama that made me gag. Moving forward, my advice would be to largely ignore the attacks from Obama about wealth. A guy who attended an elite private school in Hawaii, Columbia, and Harvard Law has his own Achilles heel when it comes to class warfare. The focus of Romney and anybody campaigning on his behalf needs to be about jobs and the economy. There is no getting into a squabble over wealth when both candidates have more money than most Americans can imagine.

Happy Nomad on April 18, 2012 at 7:55 PM

This dog won’t hunt…

sandiegoconservative on April 18, 2012 at 6:53 PM

Obama ate this one too?

Flora Duh on April 18, 2012 at 7:56 PM

Doesn’t sound to me like Romney was born with a silver spoon in his mouth. At all.

Alana on April 18, 2012 at 7:56 PM

There’s always tomorrow brave one.

Bmore on April 18, 2012 at 7:56 PM

Oh,while on DU Lefty site,
they seens to like this
name for Romney……

RMoney!

canopfor on April 18, 2012 at 7:57 PM

He’s half-black.

St Gaudens on April 18, 2012 at 7:11 PM

And working part-time as President.

Happy Nomad on April 18, 2012 at 7:57 PM

He dropped the mask bigtime!

VegasRick on April 18, 2012 at 7:37 PM

it was probably too much for him to have to pretend all this while…cognitive dissonance is a beotch…the, one day, kaboom, implosion and total melt down…

jimver on April 18, 2012 at 7:57 PM

was granted a Master’s degree only.

Lourdes on April 18, 2012 at 7:38 PM

Doesn’t make a difference to the overall point.

Esthier on April 18, 2012 at 7:57 PM

Man does this guy annoy me. Only Obama could make me more determined to campaign harder for Romney. I don’t care about Romney’s faults at this point because he is a helluva lot better than this SCOAMF.

This is all they got? Man they are going to get smoked.

We need to get rid of Obama this November. He is such a sh*t.

islandman78 on April 18, 2012 at 7:58 PM

RMoney!

canopfor on April 18, 2012 at 7:57 PM

They are in violation of copyright law.

Bmore on April 18, 2012 at 7:58 PM

Oh,while on DU Lefty site,
they seens to like this
name for Romney……

RMoney!

canopfor on April 18, 2012 at 7:57 PM

I assume Bmore does not take kindly to this breach of copy right :-)…

jimver on April 18, 2012 at 7:59 PM

I don’t think they have very many silver spoons in Kenya.

VorDaj on April 18, 2012 at 7:59 PM

They are in violation of copyright law.

Bmore on April 18, 2012 at 7:58 PM

dang, you beat me to it :-)…this darn ipad…

jimver on April 18, 2012 at 8:00 PM

No, O’Bumbles, you weren’t born with a silver spoon in your mouth. But you’re using your stint in the White House to make up for lost time.

Moose Drool on April 18, 2012 at 8:00 PM

This is all they got? Man they are going to get smoked.

We need to get rid of Obama this November. He is such a sh*t.

islandman78 on April 18, 2012 at 7:58 PM

Romney was my 3rd or 4th choice at the beginning but I’m liking him more everyday. I think he will be good.

VegasRick on April 18, 2012 at 8:01 PM

I think the silver spoon Hussein Obama is talking about was a lot closer to his nose than this mouth. That spoon filled with Peruvian marching powder was placed there by family friend and child molester Frank Marshall Davis, communist.

Zelsdorf Ragshaft on April 18, 2012 at 8:02 PM

jimver on April 18, 2012 at 7:57 PM

You have been observing as have I. Am I wrong? Should I stand down and back away as Key West Reader suggests? Or continue pressure on the angry one? I never paid him any mind until his comment this morning.

Bmore on April 18, 2012 at 8:02 PM

I think being born without a father who loved him enough to stick around was his real disadvantage. It’s not his fault, and I feel for the guy. Major Daddy issues.
Christien on April 18, 2012 at 7:46 PM

Some think narcissistic personality disorder is related to extreme pampering, or to abuse or neglect as a child. He could have been exposed to all of those. Scary, huh?

Dee2008 on April 18, 2012 at 8:03 PM

Yes, Obama, wasn’t born with a silver spoon, but with something far more sinister: parents and mentors who instilled in him a hatred for the USA, a hatred unfortunately facilitated by its own misguided policy of affirmative action.

TXUS on April 18, 2012 at 7:22 PM

Obama was born with a hammer and sickle over his crib.

Happy Nomad on April 18, 2012 at 8:03 PM

They are in violation of copyright law.

Bmore on April 18, 2012 at 7:58 PM

dang, you beat me to it :-)…this darn ipad…

jimver on April 18, 2012 at 8:00 PM

The iPad thingy is nice for some stuff. I like it if I can’t be on a machine. It does pose its own set of issues.

Bmore on April 18, 2012 at 8:03 PM

OT Dick Clark dead 82

Bmore on April 18, 2012 at 8:04 PM

Oh,while on DU Lefty site,
they seens to like this
name for Romney……

RMoney!

canopfor on April 18, 2012 at 7:57 PM

And yet, they all are using the internet…

with computers…

are literate and very likely well fed (able to communicate with technology at ease, attributable to people who are well fed and in reasonably good health)…

Never ceases to amaze me how the Left so easily disassociates from the very obvious that makes their lives (and others’) so easy compared with those who struggle through in ongoing hardship (no internet access, no computers, no abilities to use both, hungry, ill, under fire, etc.)…ALL because of that “money” they seem to loathe and ridicule so easily.

Take it away and let’s see what they sound like.

Lourdes on April 18, 2012 at 8:04 PM

canopfor, I would have not missed that if you could still post linkys.

Bmore on April 18, 2012 at 8:05 PM

I don’t understand why so many people see Obama as so gosh darn likable. Forgot about his policies. The way he has conducted himself in office, and the way he is conducting his re-election campaign, show him to be a small man — petulant, selfish, comfortable in the lie, both big and small.

Far from being disliked because of his color, I can’t help but think that we’re seeing the opposite, namely, voters who have arranged their lives so that they live in suburbs with almost no blacks, who send their children to nearly all-white schools, and who in general encounter few blacks in their daily lives, are desperate to demonstrate their tolerant selves by “liking” our first African-American president.

Those of us who have more closely seen the various facets of black America, and have at least some experience with the harsh reality of “urban” society, are perhaps more likely to judge the man objectively and see him for what he is — a distinctly unlikable man.

bobs1196 on April 18, 2012 at 8:05 PM

No but he was born with a wooden stick up his ass

Bevan on April 18, 2012 at 8:05 PM

VegasRick on April 18, 2012 at 8:01 PM

I agree with you but more to the point what is our alternative? Four more years of what we have endured so far? A term-limited commie with the ability to destroy America through Executive Order, illegal recess appointments, and traitors like Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi?

No thank you.

Happy Nomad on April 18, 2012 at 8:05 PM

Bmore on April 18, 2012 at 8:02 PM

You should have seen yesterday. He BASHED!!!! SAHMs/The Military/God/everything. It was gross.

VegasRick on April 18, 2012 at 8:06 PM

No but he was born with a wooden stick up his ass

Bevan on April 18, 2012 at 8:05 PM

I always assumed that was provided by professional angry black woman, Michelle Obama, in place of a spine.

Happy Nomad on April 18, 2012 at 8:06 PM

Ugh,thats seems,not(seens).

canopfor on April 18, 2012 at 8:07 PM

VegasRick on April 18, 2012 at 8:06 PM

I don’t like him. One of us will walk him to the door.

Bmore on April 18, 2012 at 8:08 PM

Dee2008 on April 18, 2012 at 8:03 PM

Yes. However, as CycloneCDB says, lots of people more or less overcome the challenges. Sadly, many don’t.

Christien on April 18, 2012 at 8:08 PM

No thank you.

Happy Nomad on April 18, 2012 at 8:05 PM

I agree. I went from ABO to pretty much liking Romney.

VegasRick on April 18, 2012 at 8:08 PM

Obama might not have been born with a silver spoon in his mouth, but he sure as he11 was born with a silver spoon up his a$$.

SWalker on April 18, 2012 at 8:09 PM

Christien on April 18, 2012 at 7:46 PM

I agree with you that Obama has “major Daddy issues” but I don’t feel sorry for him, not after seeing the misery he’s inflicted on so many, by direct intent or recklessness or jealousy or whatever.

In Obama’s case, the damage from which he’s suffering (I agree about that, as you say) has become some aspect about himself that he’s enshrined and allowed to harden into qualities that have made him utterly loathesome. Repulsive.

I disagree that Obama is “likable” as in this site’s post topic (one of them), I find him repulsive to a point of horror. An awful person, just offensive beyond forgivable. I disagree that he has any charm of any kind. More like a snake who squeezes lambs for meals.

Lourdes on April 18, 2012 at 8:09 PM

Obama was born with a silver spoon in his nose.

halfastro on April 18, 2012 at 8:09 PM

he says, “Shower the wealthiest Americans with even more tax cuts”

and “there’s (sic) only 2 ways uh payin’ for it…add to the deficit.. or gut investments”

Huh? you get showered with something that was yours to begin with?

And, what about cutting spending on lazy slugs who won’t even attempt to contribute to the country’s economy? That’s a third way. I’d bet there are even more ways.

LouBob1980 on April 18, 2012 at 8:10 PM

This coming from a guy who has not had a real job his whole life.

watertown on April 18, 2012 at 8:10 PM

Bmore, Vegas Rick
just make sure you walk the right angry one to the door………;)

angrymike on April 18, 2012 at 8:11 PM

More like a snake who squeezes lambs for meals.

Lourdes on April 18, 2012 at 8:09 PM

obambi prefers Rover sole.

VegasRick on April 18, 2012 at 8:11 PM

Dee2008 on April 18, 2012 at 8:03 PM

Christien on April 18, 2012 at 8:08 PM

Yes, but a lot of people who have not or have overcome similar disadvantages don’t set upon the entire world with animosity and resentment as Obama has done and is doing.

Lourdes on April 18, 2012 at 8:11 PM

Rut Roh

Disclaimer: No dogs were eaten during the making of this video.

Key West Reader on April 18, 2012 at 8:11 PM

angrymike on April 18, 2012 at 8:11 PM

No mistaking you my brother. ; )

Bmore on April 18, 2012 at 8:12 PM

More like a snake who squeezes lambs for meals.

Lourdes on April 18, 2012 at 8:09 PM

Well, now that we have to forgive because he was force fed snake as a child and now has snake powers.

Dee2008 on April 18, 2012 at 8:12 PM

Bmore, Vegas Rick
just make sure you walk the right angry one to the door………;)

angrymike on April 18, 2012 at 8:11 PM

I changed his nic to a$$holeed. I won’t be mistaken.

VegasRick on April 18, 2012 at 8:12 PM

Bmore on April 18, 2012 at 8:02 PM

I think you did a great job, as I said before, a lot of people don’t have that kind of patience…as for backing away, why, as long as he doesn’t back away from being a giant jackazz…

jimver on April 18, 2012 at 8:13 PM

This coming from a guy who has not had a real job his whole life.

watertown on April 18, 2012 at 8:10 PM

He was employed in Hawaii for a few weeks one summer to SCOOP ICE CREAM!

*And* he claimed on his resume that he was “a marketing executive” after Columbia (or during, somewhere around there) while fellow employees who actually saw him there and knew what he was doing describe his work as “writing classified ads” and having visible delusions of importance while working there.

Lourdes on April 18, 2012 at 8:14 PM

Lourdes on April 18, 2012 at 8:11 PM

I was thinking the other day.

What if all of the people on welfare don’t want to get off of it?

/I grew up on it and couldn’t wait to get off it, but there were those in the “culture” that wanted to stay on it.

Key West Reader on April 18, 2012 at 8:14 PM

jimver on April 18, 2012 at 8:13 PM

Cool. ; )

Bmore on April 18, 2012 at 8:14 PM

How does Mr Obama plan to handle his daughters’ education? They have already paid for private schools for grade school, at least while here in Chicago.

We know that he and his wife give their girls $12,000/year (writing this off their taxes, btw).

Are HIS girls therefore born with silver spoons in THEIR mouths?

Chitownmom on April 18, 2012 at 8:15 PM

Lourdes on April 18, 2012 at 8:11 PM

True dat.

Christien on April 18, 2012 at 8:15 PM

“Somebody gave me an education”. And wouldn’t we like to know who that someone was?

ctmom on April 18, 2012 at 8:17 PM

Well thanks guys, I heard there might be a bit of a mix up…….
I just don’t understand that guys hatred of Rmoney™, he was ok when I came here…….

angrymike on April 18, 2012 at 8:17 PM

SCOAMF

Is that why this SCOAMF won’t send His relative in the hut $50 (or whatever) that would double his income? How about Aunt Petoui (sp?)? What about His drunk driving relative in MA? Who does this SCOAMF help using His own money?

The Nuge is right…He is gone in Nov…in the ballot box.

Dingbat63 on April 18, 2012 at 8:18 PM

Obama: Unlike some people, I wasn’t born with a silver spoon in my mouth

Unlike some other people, his children were.

Odds are one or both inherited his forked tongue.

rukiddingme on April 18, 2012 at 8:18 PM

Lourdes on April 18, 2012 at 8:11 PM

and exactly what disadvantages? Harvard, Columbia, growing up in Hawaii and being brought up by a grandmother who was the VP of a bank??…where I come from these are called ‘privileges’ (well, with a certain accent on the first e :-) and people are usually grateful for them…he doesn’t seem to be…

jimver on April 18, 2012 at 8:18 PM

His typical white woman banker grandma Madelyn Dunham might disagree since she sent Barry to the prestigious Hawaiian Punahou school.

Silver surfboard.

profitsbeard on April 18, 2012 at 8:20 PM

What else would you expect an Affirmative Action President?

Who needs a silver spoon when you have Saudi benefactors and can get into Ivy League Schools as an Affirmative Action Foreign Student?

glcinpdx on April 18, 2012 at 7:40 PM

The stories last week from Sheriff Joe’s investigation about the Ayers family mailman led me to suspect that Thomas Ayers (Bill Ayers’s father) paid for little Bammie’s education.

The Saudi benefactors likely helped get him admission into Columbia and Hahvahd in spite of his lousy marks, and probably completely absent any SATs or LSATs.

slickwillie2001 on April 18, 2012 at 8:21 PM

What if all of the people on welfare don’t want to get off of it?

Key West Reader on April 18, 2012 at 8:14 PM

Obama has had SO MANY ADVANTAGES — contrary to what he’s trying to sell today as he did in his last campaign — he’s had SO MANY advantages in life (as has his wife), yet he (and the wife) maintain grievous resentments and animosities rooted feelings of harm they desire for others (“what they think they haven’t gotten that they believe they are owed and they resent bitterly anyone who they think has what they believe they should have but don’t” — which is what Obama is saying here about not having a silver spoon at birth, whatever)…

anyway, he’s had SO MANY advantages in life and he is still committed to his belief that he’s martyred and “owed” so much and that what he’s experienced has been deprivation instead of largesse, that I doubt that Obama can be anticipated to ever change from that, not without a whole lot of professional help which I also strongly doubt his outrageously pumped ego could ever handle.

Thus, I really don’t feel sorry for the man. I feel repulsed by him. He’s dedicated to his brittle resentments, he’d be lost without them.

Lourdes on April 18, 2012 at 8:22 PM

canopfor, I would have not missed that if you could still post linkys.

Bmore on April 18, 2012 at 8:05 PM

Bmore:I hear ya,heres my main intell source,remember,these are
coming in,before Drudge has a chance to post them,and
the others are lucky googly hunts!!:)
———————————————

canopfor on April 18, 2012 at 8:23 PM

Sounding reeeeal desperate.
I mean..reeeeeeeeal desperate. “Hey!..I’m just a workin’ schmoe like you…you know..a pampered, Harvard lawyer, author millionaire..just like you.”

Mimzey on April 18, 2012 at 8:24 PM

ctmom on April 18, 2012 at 8:17 PM

He and Michelle both claim they got through school on student loans and scholarships. But if that’s true, why does he say “somebody gave me an education” instead, “I had to work to pay for my schooling.” He’s trying to relate to regular people. And he misses by a mile. He just can’t help himself.

Dee2008 on April 18, 2012 at 8:24 PM

I just don’t understand that guys hatred of Rmoney™,

angrymike on April 18, 2012 at 8:17 PM

angrymike:Lol,me thinks,we need a Counter(RMoney)phrase talk’n
points!:)

canopfor on April 18, 2012 at 8:25 PM

Christien on April 18, 2012 at 7:46 PM

Dee2008 on April 18, 2012 at 8:03 PM

More than you realize. Read this when you get a chance.

Flora Duh on April 18, 2012 at 8:25 PM

I will be suprised if the dems or their media don’t at some point do a full mormon expose.

AnotherOpinion on April 18, 2012 at 8:27 PM

“Maybe this explains why he used to eat dogs. Eating horses was reserved for rich kids.”

..why do I keep thinking that the stuff that drools out of this yo-yo’s big bazoo between now and November is gonna stick to him like dried-up vomit?

The War Planner on April 18, 2012 at 8:27 PM

Lourdes on April 18, 2012 at 8:11 PM

jimver on April 18, 2012 at 8:18 PM

“Disadvantages” as in “Daddy issues” that someone else earlier mentioned about Obama (or, that he has).

It’s an emotional, psychological disadvantage that Obama has sorta’ carved into the stone of who he is and he continues to act out on that resentment, unabated, by inflicting recklessness and withholding on others (withholding on a psychological basis — how it is he’s so rude and arrogant to so many; example, the iPod with his own speeches to the Queen of England, leaving Netanyahu to dine alone, his many lies about who he is and such).

I agree that he’s received, to the contrary, far and above average benefits from our society and from his personal minders. He’s been given more advantages than just about 99.9% of the human population and he still resents what he “hasn’t got”.

Lourdes on April 18, 2012 at 8:28 PM

Lourdes on April 18, 2012 at 8:22 PM

Not to worry. All good things come to those who Wait.

:::hugs:::

Stay strong

Key West Reader on April 18, 2012 at 8:28 PM

More than you realize. Read this when you get a chance.

Flora Duh on April 18, 2012 at 8:25 PM

..hey, Flora, haven’t seen you around in a while. How ya been, ma’am?

The War Planner on April 18, 2012 at 8:28 PM

Obama was born with a beef-basted cheeweez in his mouth.

profitsbeard on April 18, 2012 at 8:28 PM

RMoney!

canopfor on April 18, 2012 at 7:57 PM
————————————-

They are in violation of copyright law.

Bmore on April 18, 2012 at 7:58 PM

Bmore:Now that would be a hoot,slap the Lefty Sites,with a Cease
and Desist Order,or get sued,haha!:)

canopfor on April 18, 2012 at 8:30 PM

A lifetime of Affirmative Action in both policy and benefits in education, employment, and appointment is not tantamount to a ‘silver spoon’?

Wow. He could have just as easily wound up looking like his mother instead of his father and Affirmative Action would still have been his wealthy benefactor.

What an ungrateful bast@rd. *sheesh*

FlatFoot on April 18, 2012 at 8:30 PM

I don’t understand why so many people see Obama as so gosh darn likable.

It is called the power of the Press. 100% positive for Obama. When anything bad happens the Press will work with Obama to bury the item or find the needle in a haystack. Anything including whoppers to make Obama look good. Fake a poll no problem.

I pray GOD will save America. Because Obama won today when Romney made it clear today he is just Obamas Lap Dog .

Steveangell on April 18, 2012 at 8:30 PM

..is gonna stick to him like dried-up vomit?

Obama was born with a beef-basted cheeweez in his mouth.

profitsbeard on April 18, 2012 at 8:28 PM

..see? What’d I say?

The War Planner on April 18, 2012 at 8:30 PM

canopfor on April 18, 2012 at 7:57 PM
————————————–

I assume Bmore does not take kindly to this breach of copy right :-)…

jimver on April 18, 2012 at 7:59 PM

jimver:Oops!!:)

canopfor on April 18, 2012 at 8:31 PM

Yo! Just because I was born with a hammer and sickle in my mouth, doesn’t mean I didn’t want to eat your dog.

Obama 2012.

Yes. Whatevah.

Obama Biden 2012
Pft.

Key West Reader on April 18, 2012 at 8:31 PM

The War Planner on April 18, 2012 at 8:28 PM

Doing well, thank you. :-)

Flora Duh on April 18, 2012 at 8:31 PM

Steveangell on April 18, 2012 at 8:30 PM

..make way for angryed lite here. Or are you just channeling ddrintn today?

The War Planner on April 18, 2012 at 8:32 PM

Lourdes on April 18, 2012 at 8:28 PM

No disagreement here, I still have very interesting thoughts after reading more of his history and who he hung around. I think he truly takes the CRT thingy to heart.

uncommon sense on April 18, 2012 at 8:32 PM

Unlike some, I was forced into a marriage by Frank Marshall Davis. And now look where I’m at!

Pass me a dog, will ya?

/BHO

Key West Reader on April 18, 2012 at 8:33 PM

Dee2008 on April 18, 2012 at 8:24 PM

because that wouldn’t necessarily be true…if he got those scholarships as part of some affirmative action program, there isn’t much hard work involved, he just had to meet the quota, criteria, whatever you call it, to get in…you do indeed have to maintain a certain GPA on most scholarships and also to write regular (quarterly) reports about your academic progress to keep your grant/scholarship providers informed, but not sure this was the case with the affirmative action scholarships…don’t think they were accountable to anyone…talking of privileges and advantages…

jimver on April 18, 2012 at 8:33 PM

brittle resentments, he’d be lost without them.

Lourdes on April 18, 2012 at 8:22 PM

Brittle resentments are the lifeblood of this site and the Tea Party movement. If this were true about Obama — and it’s not — you should make him king.

urban elitist on April 18, 2012 at 8:34 PM

top down — bottom up — middle class out —

Is he kidding?

the_souse on April 18, 2012 at 8:34 PM

Pass me a dog, will ya?

/BHO

Key West Reader on April 18, 2012 at 8:33 PM

..understand this has been troubling his golf game, particularly those holes that are dog-legs.

..nuk, nuk, nuk!

The War Planner on April 18, 2012 at 8:34 PM

BTW, this silver spoon nonsense, while amusing, distracts from O’s point which is that because some people are born rich, and some are not born rich but given stuff like free Harvard and Princeton education, everyone should be able to get what Romney and the Obamas got. Cause it’s only fair.

This is a ludicrous argument and I look forward to seeing it smacked down.

Buy Danish on April 18, 2012 at 8:34 PM

Unlike any other, I’ve never had to produce a day of work in my life, nor my transcripts, nor my passport records… But, I do eat puppies in my spare time.

/#Obamaeatsdogs

Key West Reader on April 18, 2012 at 8:35 PM

Bmore on April 18, 2012 at 8:14 PM

It was interesting to get to see more of it today, as I was playing hookie. It seems to have gone of the deep end, just hit evey topic with flame on, didn’t even work into it.

uncommon sense on April 18, 2012 at 8:35 PM

the CRT thingy to heart.

uncommon sense on April 18, 2012 at 8:32 PM

“the CRT thingy”? What is that?

Lourdes on April 18, 2012 at 8:36 PM

..nuk, nuk, nuk!

The War Planner on April 18, 2012 at 8:34 PM

Fraiken Irish Mulligan dogs.

/Obama wants to know if they come with sauerkraut

Key West Reader on April 18, 2012 at 8:36 PM

More than you realize. Read this when you get a chance.

Flora Duh on April 18, 2012 at 8:25 PM

Flora Duh:Looks like someone knew the truth,and yest the MSM
couldn’t get Hopey elected fast enough!:)

canopfor on April 18, 2012 at 8:36 PM

Take it away and let’s see what they sound like.

Lourdes on April 18, 2012 at 8:04 PM

Lourdes:Very goods!:)

canopfor on April 18, 2012 at 8:37 PM

Lourdes on April 18, 2012 at 8:36 PM

Critical Race Theory

uncommon sense on April 18, 2012 at 8:37 PM

More than you realize. Read this when you get a chance.

Flora Duh on April 18, 2012 at 8:25 PM

I did read that back when he was first elected and thought it sounded about right. Now, after watching him for 3+ years, I’m even more convinced. I’m also convinced that sometime in the next 6 months or so, we’ll see how a narcissistic personality reacts when subjected to a heavy dose of well-deserved criticism (and if today is any indicator, ridicule). It won’t be pretty.

Dee2008 on April 18, 2012 at 8:37 PM

Fraiken Irish Mulligan dogs.

/Obama wants to know if they come with sauerkraut

Key West Reader on April 18, 2012 at 8:36 PM

..this is truly the gift that keeps on giving, isn’t it, KWR?

The War Planner on April 18, 2012 at 8:38 PM

/#Obamaeatsdogs

Key West Reader on April 18, 2012 at 8:35 PM

Obama’s an effete narcissist. He just has to cling to these “special” “privileges” of being so unique and special and…you know, it comes out in all his racialist crud, too, why he uses that as he does: makes him think he’s “unique” among otherwise ordinary humanity.

Lourdes on April 18, 2012 at 8:39 PM