Quotes of the day

posted at 10:38 pm on April 17, 2012 by Allahpundit

“If the White House gets its political way, ‘trust’ will be a word President Obama and his surrogates use in the next few weeks as often as Obama has talked about ‘fairness,’ and Mitt Romney, once dubbed as hollow to the core, will increasingly be ID’d as a card-carrying ultra-conservative who bobbles into Etch A Sketch moments because his core is causing him problems…

“Romney’s core has been filling in with far-right positions on education, gay marriage, immigration, Afghanistan, Iraq, taxes, the economy, energy and the environment, one of the officials asserted. Those policies, together with Romney’s remarkable degree of secrecy (imagine more quote marks) when it comes to his personal and professional approaches to problem-solving, will poison voters’ trust in the governance Romney would bring to the White House, the officials added.”

***

“The events of the last week make it clear that the two campaigns have been carefully constructed to seize on the slightest gaffe, misstatement or political opening to create a mini-scandal, even if the flurry of news coverage lasts just days or even a matter of hours…

“Monday’s eruption of Democratic outrage began when Mr. Romney’s comments about cutting tax deductions and government programs, made at a backyard gathering of donors on Sunday, were reported by NBC News and The Wall Street Journal.

“Ben LaBolt, a spokesman for Mr. Obama’s campaign, jumped on the comments — overheard by the reporters — in an e-mail just before midnight on Sunday. ‘Apparently Gov. Romney Believes Only High Dollar Donors Have a Right to Know What Programs He Will Cut,’ Mr. LaBolt wrote in his message, sent to political reporters.”

***

“Everyone understands why Republicans are mounting this attack. They are responding to weeks of Democratic charges that they are waging a ‘war on women.’ A recent USA Today/Gallup poll that found Romney losing support among women younger than 50 in swing states has especially alarmed them.

“But what’s mystifying is just which women Republicans are trying to reach. The number of voters who are deeply concerned about the treatment of Democratic women in the White House and will vote for a Republican as a result has to be, as a rough approximation, zero. Ditto for the number of voters who are especially concerned about high gas prices not because they themselves are paying them or because everyone is but because women, as a group, are. I suspect that not many people think that way, and those who do lean pretty strongly Democratic.

“The evidence that Romney is lagging in the polls because voters are upset about a ‘war on women’ — rather than because of a bruisingly negative primary campaign or the recovering economy — is pretty thin. But Republicans are responding not just to the polls but to the persistent mythology of the gender gap.”

***

“I was telling people months ago, back when Mitt Romney still seemed like a strong and resolute candidate who made liberals nervous and led the occasional national general-election poll, that Barack Obama was going to win reelection fairly easily. I still basically think that. But now I’m jumpy because everybody else, and I mean everybody, seems to think this now, too. And I get especially jumpy when I see signs that the Obama campaign is sounding ridiculously overconfident. There’s a line between swagger that keeps the other side on the defensive and swagger that just doesn’t quite sound credible, and I’m hearing a little too much of the latter…

“Here’s another thing I’ve been noticing quietly, which not enough people seem to be focused on. Obama’s fund-raising numbers aren’t really that strong. Sure, on the one hand, it’s an obscene amount of money, $53 million raised in March And it’s far more than Romney has raised. But Obama’s several million behind where he was in 2008, and is probably not on track to raise the $1 billion that some of his people used to brag about. Obama’s own Super-Pac got off to a rocky start. The conservative Super-Pacs, meanwhile, are going to be throwing tens of millions of dollars’ worth of ads on the air in late October and early November. Now I tend to believe that money, even in the form of scorching negative ads, stops making a difference after a certain saturation point has been hit. There is such a thing as overkill, even in politics. But we’ll certainly see a new testing of the boundaries this fall. We can’t discount the possibility, which is real, that anonymous millions might play a big role in deciding this race.”

***

“Now, the president’s likability doesn’t mean Mr. Romney shouldn’t go on the offensive. It does mean he ought to attack hardest where Mr. Obama is at his weakest: his failed policies. For all the carping about Mr. Romney, this part he gets. We can see it reflected in both his embrace of the opportunity-oriented Republicanism of Wisconsin’s Paul Ryan — and his repeated refrain that Mr. Obama is simply ‘in over his head.’

“Mr. Romney is hardly the first Republican presidential aspirant to take that tack against a Democratic incumbent. In 1980, Ronald Reagan zeroed in on Jimmy Carter’s competence. Plenty of Americans thought President Carter was a good and decent man too—but by election day Mr. Reagan had persuaded them that his rival just wasn’t up to the job.

“The day after that election, Mr. Reagan’s pollster, Richard Wirthlin, explained the campaign this way: ‘We saw the opportunity for a role reversal—that is, by the end of the campaign, I think we came very close to having people look upon Ronald Reagan as more presidential than Jimmy Carter.’

“Mr. Romney now has a similar opportunity.”

***

***

“Romney was making an appearance on Breitbart TV and was asked by host Larry O’Connor whether he was ready to take on ‘the media and these nonprofits groups that are working together.’

“‘There will be an effort by the quote vast left wing conspiracy to work together to put out their message and to attack me,’ Romney said in response. ‘They’re going to do everything they can to divert from the message people care about, which is a growing economy that creates more jobs and rising incomes. That’s what people care about.’”

Via Breitbart TV.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

OT…Katie Pavlich was on BOR last night…and on the Great American Panel tonight with Hannity…this has got to stop!
*sigh*

KOOLAID2 on April 18, 2012 at 12:53 AM

Mark Katz
You should be nervous, very nervous. Rmoney™ will coast to victory. Your man 0 is done! November is going to be so enjoyable. What does sound a little cocky? Nope, just confident. 0 is done!

Bmore on April 18, 2012 at 12:54 AM

does that

All day its been like this?

Bmore on April 18, 2012 at 12:55 AM

Uncommon sense
You know I’ve noticed the same thing, I wonder if their looks fill them with hate which in turn makes them crave power……..as in ‘ I’ll show you ugly ‘……….

angrymike on April 18, 2012 at 12:55 AM

alwaysfiredup on April 18, 2012 at 12:49 AM

I do not see Romney as an in your face type..More along the line of Dubya..JMHO!!..:)

Dire Straits on April 18, 2012 at 12:56 AM

a capella on April 18, 2012 at 12:29 AM
Bmore on April 18, 2012 at 12:36 AM
uncommon sense on April 18, 2012 at 12:49 AM

You guys started this. Very well, then, Smithers, Release the Hounds.

de rigueur on April 18, 2012 at 12:57 AM

I’ll show you ugly ‘……….

angrymike on April 18, 2012 at 12:55 AM

Liberals are just all the kids that were picked on in high school getting back at us.

John the Libertarian on April 18, 2012 at 12:57 AM

WILLIAM MCGURN
Likable or not, he sucks as President. Time to go. Rmoney™ will focus and 0 will be done.

Bmore on April 18, 2012 at 12:57 AM

But like the commenters on another thread asked, who names a dog after their own initials? BO?

I mean who that is normal, that is.

Cleombrotus on April 18, 2012 at 12:32 AM

…did you see the new and improved DWS makeover?
(someone has been reading Hot Air!)…I still feel like an anatomically Ken Doll when I see that mug and hear that voice!

KOOLAID2 on April 18, 2012 at 12:57 AM

does that

All day its been like this?

Bmore on April 18, 2012 at 12:55 AM

Pretty much and some major stories were missed by those in charge.

JPeterman on April 18, 2012 at 12:59 AM

I do not see Romney as an in your face type.

Dire Straits on April 18, 2012 at 12:56 AM

It’s no big deal. Obama is just “in over his head,” that’s all.

John the Libertarian on April 18, 2012 at 12:59 AM

a capella on April 18, 2012 at 12:29 AM
Bmore on April 18, 2012 at 12:36 AM
uncommon sense on April 18, 2012 at 12:49 AM

You guys started this. Very well, then, Smithers, Release the Hounds.

de rigueur on April 18, 2012 at 12:57 AM

The real question is who will have the stones to play Mitts favorite.

Bmore on April 18, 2012 at 12:59 AM

angrymike on April 18, 2012 at 12:55 AM

It definitely explains why they are all hyped over LGBT…

uncommon sense on April 18, 2012 at 1:00 AM

A little o/t but
I got a pimple on my Obama, man it’s driving me nuts……….

angrymike on April 18, 2012 at 1:01 AM

The events of the last week make it clear that the two campaigns have been carefully constructed to seize on the slightest gaffe, misstatement or political opening to create a mini-scandal, even if the flurry of news coverage lasts just days or even a matter of hours.

It looks as if this campaign is going to resemble the old Spy vs Spy in MAD magazine.

INC on April 18, 2012 at 1:01 AM

You guys started this. Very well, then, Smithers, Release the Hounds.

de rigueur on April 18, 2012 at 12:57 AM

Or maybe this could be played to open the DNC convetion???

uncommon sense on April 18, 2012 at 1:02 AM

Video 1 Laughable it is and will be. 0 the uniter has done just that. We will be united against 0. Nasty, nasty, nasty. Desperate. Nasty Leftist. ™ best take it to em hard.

Bmore on April 18, 2012 at 1:02 AM

A re-port in honor Dr. Lombardi’s brilliant pun. Obama’s new campaign theme song:

“Woking the Dog”.

(The Rufus Thomas original is the real deal, but might be construed as raaaaaacist! This is the white man’s overbite version with go-go girls… and check out who does the intro.)

de rigueur on April 18, 2012 at 1:03 AM

Bmore on April 18, 2012 at 12:49 AM

Can anyone explain why the conservatives have the hotties, and the left has, well, Hillary, Nancy, DWS, Patty Murry, and if I keep going I’m going to be ill.

uncommon sense on April 18, 2012 at 12:51 AM

Pasted the wrong comment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

…did you see the new and improved DWS makeover?

KOOLAID2 on April 18, 2012 at 12:57 AM

…corrected.

KOOLAID2 on April 18, 2012 at 1:04 AM

de rigueur on April 18, 2012 at 1:03 AM

Shouldn’t that be woking the dog??? just curious :)

uncommon sense on April 18, 2012 at 1:04 AM

INC on April 18, 2012 at 1:01 AM

THAT is a brilliant analogy. Or maybe both sides will be forced to discuss serious issues.

Nah.

de rigueur on April 18, 2012 at 1:05 AM

uncommon sense on April 18, 2012 at 1:02 AM

Heh. :)

4Grace on April 18, 2012 at 1:05 AM

John
I was picked on when I was young two, but as I got older I gained weight and don’t really have a need for power, maybe you have a point, as they got older the knew they would not bloom so they started grabbing power as a pay back…… makes a lot of sense……..

angrymike on April 18, 2012 at 1:05 AM

Obama is just “in over his head,” that’s all.

John the Libertarian on April 18, 2012 at 12:59 AM

Hear!..Hear!..:)

Dire Straits on April 18, 2012 at 1:06 AM

Shouldn’t that be woking the dog??? just curious :)

uncommon sense on April 18, 2012 at 1:04 AM

LOL. That’s what Dr. Lombardi called it (my reference 1:30AM). Listen with your ears half-closed… “woking the dog… If you don’t know how to do it, I can show you how to wok the dog…” Obama won’t even have to change the lyrics.

de rigueur on April 18, 2012 at 1:07 AM

What?! Romney has never used negative campaigning!~

lexhamfox on April 18, 2012 at 1:08 AM

Video/audio 2 Andrew lives on. War! The battle of our lives. Whether Rmoney™ is the right man for the job remains to be seen. But if we are to win. We must support his winning. We will have to hit the ground and actually do some heavy lifting. Talk to strangers. Try to sway and raise awareness. If Rmoney™ is to be our leader, we have to be great soldiers. 0 is not going to lay down. He is beatable. But only if we gear up and take to him. I’m game. Don’t let me down Rmoney™ and I won’t let you down.

Bmore on April 18, 2012 at 1:09 AM

de rigueur on April 18, 2012 at 1:07 AM

I guess the other thing I’m curious about… when Mochelle said;”He brought from the darkness into the light”, was she talking about his favorite kind of dog meat???

uncommon sense on April 18, 2012 at 1:11 AM

Not letting this QOTD go to waste, doggone it!

The King makes a cargo delivery to Indonesia.

de rigueur on April 18, 2012 at 1:13 AM

Good news?

JPeterman on April 18, 2012 at 1:03 AM

In the sense that it slows down the EPA, yes.

Bmore on April 18, 2012 at 1:14 AM

Well I’m done, been a long day, right KOOLAID2? I got up way to early.
Everyone have a great night and I hope to see everyone’s comments later on in the day.
Good night all……..;)

angrymike on April 18, 2012 at 1:15 AM

uncommon sense on April 18, 2012 at 1:11 AM

ooooooooh, good one! You realize that if you keep this up Obama’s entire campaign could go to the dogs?

de rigueur on April 18, 2012 at 1:16 AM

INC on April 18, 2012 at 1:01 AM

Thats what its looking like.

Bmore on April 18, 2012 at 1:17 AM

Good Night angrymike, sleep well.

Bmore on April 18, 2012 at 1:18 AM

Patty Murry, and if I keep going I’m going to be ill.

uncommon sense on April 18, 2012 at 12:51 AM

Way too harsh. Little Patty is quite the naughty hottie.

arnold ziffel on April 18, 2012 at 1:19 AM

de rigueur on April 18, 2012 at 1:16 AM

Yeah, but I think that most of his crew will do this at the WH diners from now on.

uncommon sense on April 18, 2012 at 1:20 AM

arnold ziffel on April 18, 2012 at 1:19 AM

Thank arnold, I just threw up a little in my mouth. :)

uncommon sense on April 18, 2012 at 1:21 AM

uncommon sense on April 18, 2012 at 12:49 AM

Thank you. When God was done with making other dogs, He made Dachshunds. OK, they are all good—most.

arnold ziffel on April 18, 2012 at 1:22 AM

Not letting this QOTD go to waste, doggone it!

The King makes a cargo delivery to Indonesia.

de rigueur on April 18, 2012 at 1:13 AM

I don’t think he was really flying that helicopter.

arnold ziffel on April 18, 2012 at 1:24 AM

arnold ziffel on April 18, 2012 at 1:22 AM

We had a Dachshund when I was a kid, and not in the way that Obama did. They are ballzy little creatures, ours wouldn’t back down to our Great Dane. I now have another ballzy little dog and comic… I luvs me my Pug.

uncommon sense on April 18, 2012 at 1:24 AM

uncommon sense on April 18, 2012 at 1:20 AM

Or this.

[CAVEAT EMPTOR: This is a horror film clip. I know, Vincent Price, Diana Rigg, and Robert Morley, what could go wrong? But this is NOT for the squeamish. You've been warned. Oh, and ignore the 20-second cutaway car chase.]

de rigueur on April 18, 2012 at 1:27 AM

I don’t think he was really flying that helicopter.

arnold ziffel on April 18, 2012 at 1:24 AM

I wondered about that, too. But Elvis could do anything!

de rigueur on April 18, 2012 at 1:28 AM

de rigueur on April 18, 2012 at 1:13 AM

Ah, The King. I’ve been trying to find an informal jam session of his that I saw some time back, then lost. Can’t remember the name of the song, but it was fantastic. R&B thingy. He still had the passion. But, I can’t find the blasted thing.

a capella on April 18, 2012 at 1:29 AM

House Republicans Block EPA from Banning Lead in Ammunition

Good news?

JPeterman on April 18, 2012 at 1:03 AM

“Mostly along party lines”. Is this what we have become? this legislation was a no brainer and just makes me hate democrats all the more. Thirty years ago, although I was a republican I didn’t think most democrats were evil.

arnold ziffel on April 18, 2012 at 1:31 AM

Dire Straits QOTD song. I couldn’t resist. Dog.

Bmore on April 18, 2012 at 1:33 AM

I wondered about that, too. But Elvis could do anything!

de rigueur on April 18, 2012 at 1:28 AM

He could. I was thinking about getting tickets to his summer 1977 Las Vegas show as a surprise for my girlfriend/later wife but it didn’t work out. So I took her to the movie and Jack in the Box instead.

arnold ziffel on April 18, 2012 at 1:34 AM

arnold ziffel on April 18, 2012 at 1:31 AM

That’s because 30 years ago you actually had conservative and moderate democrats… the party “Purity” has hit both sides. There was a time when the populace used to agree on a lot of things, and not let themselves be focused on the extreme things of either party.
Those days are long gone.

uncommon sense on April 18, 2012 at 1:35 AM

a capella on April 18, 2012 at 1:29 AM

He reprised a lot of his early Sun Records stuff in a ’68 session. Maybe this? And here’s his original version.

btw, I have it on good authority that he really didn’t like dogs that much. Probably ate ‘em.

de rigueur on April 18, 2012 at 1:36 AM

Dire Straits QOTD song. I couldn’t resist. Dog.

Bmore on April 18, 2012 at 1:33 AM

too easy, maybe we need a little different perspective :)

uncommon sense on April 18, 2012 at 1:37 AM

John

angrymike on April 18, 2012 at 1:05 AM

Sorry to hear that, kids can be cruel. I worry for my daughter and will take her to martial arts classes — that’s how I got through high school. When I was in fifth grade I started picking on a boy, my father dang near broke my neck telling me he did not raise me to be a bully.

Yeah, but libs are all the dorks like Anthony Weiner.

John the Libertarian on April 18, 2012 at 1:38 AM

arnold ziffel on April 18, 2012 at 1:34 AM

Chicks dig Jack in the Box.

de rigueur on April 18, 2012 at 1:39 AM

too easy, maybe we need a little different perspective :)

uncommon sense on April 18, 2012 at 1:37 AM

GSA convention?

4Grace on April 18, 2012 at 1:42 AM

Yeah, but libs are all the dorks like Anthony Weiner.

John the Libertarian on April 18, 2012 at 1:38 AM

John, martial arts is a wonderful thing. My kids do as it is a life skill, kind of like learning to swim. All of my kids do it, not just to protect themselves, but to also learn control, respect, and the need of people to stand up for that which is right.

uncommon sense on April 18, 2012 at 1:43 AM

Bmore on April 18, 2012 at 1:33 AM

I will go this one..:)

Dire Straits on April 18, 2012 at 1:43 AM

I will go this one..:)

Dire Straits on April 18, 2012 at 1:43 AM

Dire, I will chose this for the political season.

uncommon sense on April 18, 2012 at 1:46 AM

I will go this one..:)

Dire Straits on April 18, 2012 at 1:43 AM

It was in my lineup, I went with The King, for you. : )

Bmore on April 18, 2012 at 1:47 AM

I will go with this one..:)

Dire Straits on April 18, 2012 at 1:43 AM

Sorry fixed..:)

Dire Straits on April 18, 2012 at 1:47 AM

Bmore on April 18, 2012 at 1:33 AM
I will go this one..:)

Dire Straits on April 18, 2012 at 1:43 AM

Hey Guys,

I think Dick Cheney would relish this one.

MontanaMmmm on April 18, 2012 at 1:48 AM

I luvs me my Pug.

uncommon sense on April 18, 2012 at 1:24 AM

I love Pugs too. Every morning when I walk, I stop and say hi to Otto and his elderly owner. They are so short coupled that they can’t even “wiggle butt”. Otto has to make a complete circle. Funny little guy.

arnold ziffel on April 18, 2012 at 1:49 AM

VorDaj on April 17, 2012 at 11:35 PM

This was one hell of a good homily from Bishop Jankey. I saw it myself earlier today and I hope it gets a much wider audience.

PatriotGal2257 on April 18, 2012 at 1:49 AM

Dire, I also had this at the ready.

Bmore on April 18, 2012 at 1:49 AM

uncommon sense on April 18, 2012 at 1:46 AM

Bmore on April 18, 2012 at 1:47 AM

+100..Thumbs up..:)

Dire Straits on April 18, 2012 at 1:49 AM

I think Dick Cheney would relish this one.

MontanaMmmm on April 18, 2012 at 1:48 AM

I saw you over there on the dog thread. I stayed hushed. ; )

Bmore on April 18, 2012 at 1:50 AM

MontanaMmmm on April 18, 2012 at 1:48 AM

LoLz..Very nice..:)

Dire Straits on April 18, 2012 at 1:51 AM

MontanaMmmm on April 18, 2012 at 1:48 AM

Do you think tonight Obama and his minions are not seeing the humor in the reversal of fortune? Kind of like they stepped in dog poop three times in three weeks. I love it. Makes me cry for happy.

arnold ziffel on April 18, 2012 at 1:52 AM

Bmore on April 18, 2012 at 1:49 AM

Nothing wrong with that!!..:)

Dire Straits on April 18, 2012 at 1:53 AM

Bmore on April 18, 2012 at 1:49 AM

dude, that is way too scary :)

uncommon sense on April 18, 2012 at 1:53 AM

Dire, I will chose this for the political season.

uncommon sense on April 18, 2012 at 1:46 AM

Great minds think a like. Or is it simple minds?

Bmore on April 18, 2012 at 1:53 AM

de rigueur on April 18, 2012 at 1:36 AM

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
Here it is.

a capella on April 18, 2012 at 1:53 AM

What the Obama campaign may be starting to feel: Low Down Dirty Dog Blues.

de rigueur on April 18, 2012 at 1:54 AM

Any guesses on Whitehouse soup of the day?

Cream of Chihuahua
Chili con Corgi
Tomato and grilled Maltese
Chicken Poodle

Rusty Allen on April 18, 2012 at 1:55 AM

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
Here it is.

a capella on April 18, 2012 at 1:53 AM

Agree. That was the highlight of the broadcast.

de rigueur on April 18, 2012 at 1:55 AM

For the Pugs.

4Grace on April 18, 2012 at 1:56 AM

Of course there is this one. If you like walking better then riding on the roof.

Bmore on April 18, 2012 at 1:56 AM

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
Here it is.

a capella on April 18, 2012 at 1:53 AM

If this has been posted recently sorry. He was the King. Money can’t buy happiness—but it does help smooth the rough edges.

arnold ziffel on April 18, 2012 at 1:57 AM

arnold ziffel on April 18, 2012 at 1:49 AM

yup, I still find it amazing that in the dog shows they put them in the toy class. Pugs are the clowns of the dog world, but they are also brave, compact, and never realize how small they are. Probaly why the dutch called them Dutch Mastiffs. They have the heart of a lion, and the loyalty of the Marines. The Chinese had a saying: ” a lot of dog in a little package”

uncommon sense on April 18, 2012 at 1:57 AM

de rigueur on April 18, 2012 at 1:54 AM

Schweet.

Bmore on April 18, 2012 at 2:00 AM

How the he** do you trust a man that would eat Old Yeller, Lassie, Snoopy, Run Tin Tin, Fala, Buck from Married With Children, or even the neighbors dog that just crapped on your lawn.

Gives a whole new meaning to Scooby Snacks now, doesn’t it?

M240H on April 17, 2012 at 11:14 PM

It also gives an interesting twist to the phrase: “Dog eats dog…”

APasserBy on April 18, 2012 at 2:00 AM

For the Pugs.

4Grace on April 18, 2012 at 1:56 AM

: )

Bmore on April 18, 2012 at 2:03 AM

Great minds think a like. Or is it simple minds?

Bmore on April 18, 2012 at 1:53 AM

and if you don’t like Molly Ringwald, you are just gahey! :)

uncommon sense on April 18, 2012 at 2:03 AM

Did you all notice the lack of trolls today? I was surprised. Not so much on the 0 eats dog threads, but just in general. Different. Pleasant. Enjoyable.

Bmore on April 18, 2012 at 2:05 AM

4Grace on April 18, 2012 at 1:56 AM

That so rocks, granted, my Pug isn’t quite the coach potato that the one in the video is, but holy crap, that still rocks.

uncommon sense on April 18, 2012 at 2:06 AM

Chicks dig Jack in the Box.

de rigueur on April 18, 2012 at 1:39 AM

angryed would not approve. There was a dog in the back of that pickup.

Quick question. Anyone remember the Taco Bell commercial that ran for a week or two about twenty years ago where Erik Estrada reprising his CHiPs role, would pull over a lady and ask her if she had a license for that taco? Why did they pull the spot so quick?

arnold ziffel on April 18, 2012 at 2:07 AM

Bmore on April 18, 2012 at 2:05 AM

Yeah, didn’t see bayman, ernesto, or any of the troop. kind of amazing.

uncommon sense on April 18, 2012 at 2:07 AM

Gives a whole new meaning to Scooby Snacks now, doesn’t it?

M240H on April 17, 2012 at 11:14 PM

It also gives an interesting twist to the phrase: “Dog eats dog…”

APasserBy on April 18, 2012 at 2:00 AM

and to the phrase: ‘if you need a friend in Washington, get a dog’ :-)…

jimver on April 18, 2012 at 2:08 AM

and to the phrase: ‘if you need a friend in Washington, get a dog’ :-)…

jimver on April 18, 2012 at 2:08 AM

That is sooooo, wrong! not everybody wants to be associated with Nancy Pelosi! :)

uncommon sense on April 18, 2012 at 2:10 AM

Ever notice how effortlessly the top singers get and stay on pitch? Not a flaw, break, waver, or slide up or down to hit it, and it all comes from deep in the chest. No sinus tones.

a capella on April 18, 2012 at 2:10 AM

Well, me dogs are barking, to for the sleep.

Good Night All.

Bmore on April 18, 2012 at 2:11 AM

Dire Straits on April 18, 2012 at 12:56 AM

Dubya had a “common touch” that worked, despite his many verbal flubs. He seemed like a regular guy. I don’t see that he and Romney have much of anything in common.

alwaysfiredup on April 18, 2012 at 2:13 AM

Fine, no soup for you.

Rusty Allen on April 18, 2012 at 2:13 AM

Night, Bmore.

4Grace on April 18, 2012 at 2:13 AM

Estimated Prophet

tom daschle concerned on April 18, 2012 at 2:13 AM

arnold ziffel on April 18, 2012 at 1:52

Games people play.

MontanaMmmm on April 18, 2012 at 2:13 AM

Any guesses on Whitehouse soup of the day?

Cream of Chihuahua
Chili con Corgi
Tomato and grilled Maltese
Chicken Poodle

Rusty Allen on April 18, 2012 at 1:55 AM

I never saw that coming. My wife is getting that for her QOTD Wed.

arnold ziffel on April 18, 2012 at 2:14 AM

Games people play.

MontanaMmmm on April 18, 2012 at 2:13 AM

or this

arnold ziffel on April 18, 2012 at 2:16 AM

I got blisters on my fingers!!

Sorry. That was actually for the guitar solo QOTD thread, couple of days ago. I’m tired. I’m a little slow on the posting.

4Grace on April 18, 2012 at 2:16 AM

Because obama has been so open, honest, and well intentioned amiright? The thing that’s poisoned is the state of this nation since zero has been at the helm. Yes he had help from the king and queen of miscalculators peosi and reid, but he owns that too. I think he also owns farakakahn’s crap philosophy and racism as well. The list is going to be fun to enumerate for the next few months.

Wolfmoon on April 18, 2012 at 2:18 AM