Michelle Obama: Barack’s led us out of the darkness and into the light

posted at 7:46 pm on April 17, 2012 by Allahpundit

Alternate headline: “‘Light’ apparently now a synonym for 8.2 percent unemployment.”

Is Team Hopenchange seriously going to push a “messiah” message this time around? Even a little bit? Note to Axelrod and Plouffe: When your Senate candidates are suppressing clips of them praising The One and your own base is churning out videos like this, it might be time to update the 2008 “Obama as savior of mankind” chapter in the ol’ playbook.

First lady Michelle Obama spoke to an enthusiastic crowd of donors in Nashville today, framing her husband’s re-election campaign as a fight for “our sons and daughters, our grandsons and granddaughters.”…

Donors paid at least $500 each for their tickets…

Obama closed by asking the audience three times, “Are you in?”

“Because I am so in,” she said over the applause. “We have an amazing story to tell. This president has brought us out of the dark and into the light.”

If you want to know what “darkness into light” looks like in graph form, click right here.

That ridiculous quote is what’s getting headlines but this part of her speech is more noteworthy:

“We cannot forget the impact the Court’s decisions will have on our lives for decades to come — on our privacy and security, on whether we can speak freely, worship openly, and love whomever we choose,” she said in a ringing defense of the president’s record. Asked about similar statements in the past, the White House has denied that they reflect any newfound White House support for gay marriage. Kristina Schake, the First Lady’s communications director, said Tuesday that it “refers to the importance of the Supreme Court for deciding many issues.”

“The President and First Lady firmly believe that gay and lesbian Americans and their families deserve legal protections and the ability to thrive just like any other family,” she said.

Smart of her to push the Court as a key issue to liberals with ObamaCare in constitutional limbo, but I’m interested in that part about loving whomever we choose. Is that an early signal that gay marriage might play a bigger role on the trail — or in O’s second term — than people think? Is she suggesting she (and O) would approve if the Court declared a right to same-sex marriage under the Equal Protection Clause, as David Boies and Ted Olson are hoping to get it to do? More details, please.

Speaking of a second term, go read Jeffrey Toobin’s short piece in the New Yorker wondering what, exactly, Hopenchange v2.0 would mean for America. For a guy who likes to talk about finishing the work he’s begun, The One is awfully vague on what that work might look like going forward. Raising taxes on the rich is a given, but Democrats actually don’t need him to get reelected to do that. All they need is to hold onto their Senate majority and block any GOP attempts to extend the Bush tax cuts. He could maybe possibly conceivably get serious about entitlement reform — David Brooks thinks he’s “a pragmatic liberal who cares about fiscal sustainability,” don’tcha know — but I’m not sure that a lame-duck Democrat could get the support he needs from his caucus in the Senate to beat a liberal filibuster, especially if Republicans are dictating most of the terms of the reforms. His best bet to do something significant, I think, is immigration, especially if the Latino vote ends up being decisive in reelecting him in November. The GOP will be so demoralized by that that it’ll shake loose enough electorally-minded Republican moderates in the Senate to get something through. The big question mark is the House. If Republicans hold onto it, will they block a reform bill or acquiesce in the interest of becoming more competitive with Latinos?

Via Mediaite, here’s Lawrence O’Donnell with one more idea for an Obama second term. Hmmmmm.

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

This president has brought us out of the dark and into the light.

these cheesy leaden quasi -jesus/messiah references coming from ms. black liberation theology… it really is grotesque.

and i thought from their point of view we should be heading away from the oppressor whitey-ness and into the dark chocolate city-ness or something…

mittens on April 17, 2012 at 8:26 PM

Really? You mean that if Obama policies don’t appeal to Joe the Plumber types, then the policies appeal to the economically illiterate?

The cause of the 2008 crisis wasn’t ‘Kenysian’ policies but by flouting many economic tenets help up by former Presidents from both sides of the isle. It was never true that ‘deficits dont matter’.

bayam on April 17, 2012 at 8:17 PM

Honey, even CNN can’t spin Obama’s ‘Kenysian’ policies.

MeatHeadinCA on April 17, 2012 at 8:26 PM

This is better than a Meghan McWhale thread!

CherryBombsBigBrownBeaver on April 17, 2012 at 8:15 PM

What do you have against the rich man’s Snooki? She’s “more smarter” than the rest of us!

Resist We Much on April 17, 2012 at 8:28 PM

More like out of the blue and into the black. They give you this, but you pay for that.

Christien on April 17, 2012 at 8:28 PM

Wow, Allahpundit so all the dominoes fall in the order you describe here? Seriously, sometimes you are the master of manufaturing Republican and Conservative defeat from fantasy.

So all the Tea Party house of 2010 just rolls over? Or I guess the 178 survivors when liberalism was flying high roll over in 2008 roll over? Or is it the people who are vulnerable because of redistricting by the democrats that lost in 2010 at the state level? Oh yea! The oppposite happened didn’t it. We solidified our House seats didn’t we.

Get Real AllahPundit you are supposed to be a professional political observer for crying out load. Try and read the terrain correctly after you take your anti-depressants.

Conan on April 17, 2012 at 8:29 PM

Hey Moooochelle:It’s still pretty dark where I am. I blame your husband.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 17, 2012 at 8:29 PM

Good thing we have a bunch of folks here at HA to tell how bad Romney will be as POTUS.

VegasRick on April 17, 2012 at 8:00 PM

He’d have to work overtime to do a tenth as much damage as the malevolent bleep that’s in there now.

arnold ziffel on April 17, 2012 at 8:29 PM

The truth commissar bayam is here to correct your unholy thoughts that moisture on your back is indeed rain

tom daschle concerned on April 17, 2012 at 8:30 PM

And he accomplished what in his first term?

EMD on April 17, 2012 at 8:22 PM

I can’t come up with one thing….

jimver on April 17, 2012 at 8:25 PM

Frequent flyer miles.

msupertas on April 17, 2012 at 8:30 PM

In this way she’s correct. We have lighter paychecks, lighter national respect around the world, lighter tolerance of differing views, a lighter workforce, a lighter economy, and an almost wispy light, virtually non-existent respect for those who are supposed to lead us, but seem unable to do so with weighty actions.

EdmundBurke247 on April 17, 2012 at 8:30 PM

Christien on April 17, 2012 at 8:28 PM

And I was thinking deep into the red.

MeatHeadinCA on April 17, 2012 at 8:30 PM

You bad lady. Trying to get people to make comments on a poor little Michelle thread. :)

arnold ziffel on April 17, 2012 at 8:25 PM

Actually, I was just sharing it. I ABSOLUTELY couldn’t believe it when I saw it this afternoon. I was having coffee with a few girlfriends — two happen to be African-Americans — when I got it. I showed it to everyone at the table. We all just sat there with our jaws on the floor in stunned silence.

OK, here’s one that you’ll like:

Obama: You Say PotaTOE, I Say PotaTAH. You Call Them The Malvinas, I Call Them The Maldives.

Resist We Much on April 17, 2012 at 8:31 PM

Warning: It is BREATHTAKINGLY shocking, sexist, and racist.

Resist We Much on April 17, 2012 at 8:11 PM

And in the Green Room.

John the Libertarian on April 17, 2012 at 8:31 PM

This is better than a Meghan McWhale thread!

CherryBombsBigBrownBeaver on April 17, 2012 at 8:15 PM

Resist We Much on April 17, 2012 at 8:28 PM

Snooki’s agent called ad is threatening to sue for defamation of character.

CherryBombsBigBrownBeaver on April 17, 2012 at 8:32 PM

Frequent flyer miles.

msupertas on April 17, 2012 at 8:30 PM

He’s down to a 42 handicap.

VegasRick on April 17, 2012 at 8:32 PM

Sorry, you’ve had almost 3-1/2 years to tell your story and from what I’ve heard so far is that you won’t be making the New York Times bestseller list anytime soon.

JPeterman on April 17, 2012 at 8:07 PM

Have to disagree my friend. They are making Steven King look like an author of children’s books.

arnold ziffel on April 17, 2012 at 8:33 PM

The light is an oncoming freight train that’s loaded with good from China.

SouthernGent on April 17, 2012 at 8:33 PM

The next thing you know she’ll start claiming that Obama is really responsible for Daylight Savings Time.

Resist We Much on April 17, 2012 at 8:33 PM

Lawrence O’Donnell: The Vinnie Barbarino of Cable News.

:P

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on April 17, 2012 at 8:33 PM

This from a racist “first lady”. All that B*tch sees is color and she hates white , so the source isn’t just considered, it’s forgotten. No more Free Tax Payer Vacations for the racist. After this coming election, her and the Obumbler will need to pay for their own and trust me no more book sales and back to the working world for the worst president and most horrific first lady!!!!

Tbone McGraw on April 17, 2012 at 8:33 PM

Introducing King and Queen Narcissism…they really do believe their farts smell like an FTD delivery van…

hillsoftx on April 17, 2012 at 8:08 PM

rather than an overflowing septic tank.

arnold ziffel on April 17, 2012 at 8:34 PM

bayam on April 17, 2012 at 8:17 PM

Hank Johnson has never been President.

Resist We Much on April 17, 2012 at 8:35 PM

OMG. By the time I picked my white cottage cheese a$$ off the floor after I read the headline, I found I didn’t have anything to say. Bwahahahahahahaha. But I did do some laughing.

waterytart on April 17, 2012 at 8:36 PM

I don’t know who sickens me more – this hag or her narcissistic husband. Neither one of them have any humility whatsoever. They can’t see the suffering that they are causing because all they see is me, me, me.

DuctTapeMyBrain on April 17, 2012 at 8:36 PM

….but I’m interested in that part about loving whomever we choose.

Yeah, me too because I am trying to think of a time the government has intervened to throw cold water on my feelings of love. She could be trying to score points with the incest or bestiality lobby. Anyway, if she wants to make it easier for her husband to come out of the closet about (at least) his past loves, I’m fine with that. Honesty would be a refreshing change with him.

DaveDief on April 17, 2012 at 8:36 PM

And in the Green Room.

John the Libertarian on April 17, 2012 at 8:31 PM

Really? It is pretty nasty. A friend sent it to me this afternoon.

Resist We Much on April 17, 2012 at 8:38 PM

Snooki’s agent called ad is threatening to sue for defamation of character.

CherryBombsBigBrownBeaver on April 17, 2012 at 8:32 PM

She has character?

Resist We Much on April 17, 2012 at 8:39 PM

DuctTapeMyBrain on April 17, 2012 at 8:36 PM

They are poking fun at Americans. It is what they do. If they know they’re doomed, the best fun they can have is to get ‘in you face’.

That’s all they’re doing.

Barack Obama. A miserable horrible failure.

Key West Reader on April 17, 2012 at 8:40 PM

Resist We Much on April 17, 2012 at 8:31 PM

All I know is we have metaphorically been feasting on that cake for too long and it don’t taste so hot.

arnold ziffel on April 17, 2012 at 8:40 PM

What is this, the Clapper Presidency? CLAP ON!

Christien on April 17, 2012 at 8:40 PM

Tbone McGraw on April 17, 2012 at 8:33 PM

I never could understand why she wasn’t liked at Princeton. It probably had nothing to do with her fresh, cheerful attitude and winning smile.

arnold ziffel on April 17, 2012 at 8:42 PM

Does she think she is John the Baptist crying in the wilderness?

I resent the religious references and imagery. Talk is cheap. Do not put your husband anywhere near the One who actually brings light to the darkness.

And that “love whomever they choose” chaps me too. When has any administration stopped anyone from loving whoever/whatever. Idiot woman.

jazzuscounty on April 17, 2012 at 8:43 PM

Who needs ipecac when you have Mrs. Obama?

OperaNerd1986 on April 17, 2012 at 8:44 PM

jazzuscounty on April 17, 2012 at 8:43 PM

They are keeping me from loving the country and money I used to have.

arnold ziffel on April 17, 2012 at 8:45 PM

What is this, the Clapper Presidency? CLAP ON!

Christien on April 17, 2012 at 8:40 PM

Heh! I needed the humor since I ranted a few minutes ago.

jazzuscounty on April 17, 2012 at 8:47 PM

“Barack’s led us out of the darkness and into the light”

Hallelujah! it’s called falling into hell!

MaiDee on April 17, 2012 at 8:48 PM

She’s right. There was a sign back there: “Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch’intrate.”

I think it was Latin?

Christien on April 17, 2012 at 8:50 PM

He’s down to a 42 handicap.

VegasRick on April 17, 2012 at 8:32 PM

He’ll always be handicapped.

msupertas on April 17, 2012 at 8:51 PM

oh, puleezeee….

chai on April 17, 2012 at 8:51 PM

They are keeping me from loving the country and money I used to have.

arnold ziffel on April 17, 2012 at 8:45 PM

Yes, you have a point, a sad one, however.

jazzuscounty on April 17, 2012 at 8:52 PM

“Because I am so in,” she said over the applause.

No doubt. It’s kind of easy to bet all in with a weak hand when you’re playing with other people’s money.

fitzfong on April 17, 2012 at 8:52 PM

This president has brought us out of the dark and into the light.

Her statement is only bothersome if one assumes (and one should never assume) that ‘us’ refers to anybody outside the Obama family.

YiZhangZhe on April 17, 2012 at 8:53 PM

Let’s not underestimate this trend.

Axelrod’s Sunday chat factory comments were noteworthy because he said that you could vote for the candidate who can help the economy or you can CONTINUE with candidate who is on the current course.

Michelle Obama is clearly on the 2008 message.

And, of course, anything that has happened in the last three years isn’t Obama’s fault because he is the “new guy” who inherited these problems.

I really think that Obama’s campaign strategy is to ignore the reality of the last three years and run on “Yes we can” zeal of 2008.

Happy Nomad on April 17, 2012 at 8:54 PM

Decision 2012: Rhinestone shades or cheap sunglasses?

OH, YEAH!

Christien on April 17, 2012 at 8:57 PM

BARF>

annoyinglittletwerp on April 17, 2012 at 8:59 PM

Two points about this bit.

We cannot forget that Obama declared war on Christians and freedom of religion when he demanded that religious organizations pay for contraception even if the tenets of their faith think it an unpardonable sin.

Secondly, the courts do not rule on who we love. They rule on how the law recognizes that love. Per Michelle Obama’s statement, Barak Obama is supportive of those who love livestock, children, or whatever else. I realize she is pandering to the gays but by her comments, those who love their goats in a sexual way are filled with hope.

Happy Nomad on April 17, 2012 at 9:04 PM

Michelle, dingbelle
These are words that go together well
La dingbelle

Michelle, dingbelle
Sont les mots qui vont trés bièn ensemble
Trés bièn ensemble

I hate you, I hate you, I hate you
That’s all I want to say
Until I find a way
I will say the only words I know that
You’ll understand

Michelle, dingbelle
Sont les mots qui vont trés bièn ensemble
Trés bièn ensemble

La dingbelle

TXUS on April 17, 2012 at 9:05 PM

This president has brought us out of the dark and into the light.

Who on earth is this type of overkill verbiage supposed to appeal to? I can’t even imagine anyone from O’s base being able to listen to this with a straight face.

lynncgb on April 17, 2012 at 9:08 PM

Translation: Abandon all hope, ye who enter here.

Christien on April 17, 2012 at 9:09 PM

I can’t come up with one thing….

jimver on April 17, 2012 at 8:25 PM

He is a great uniter. Just look at how folks are becoming united in opposition to him.

Bmore on April 17, 2012 at 9:18 PM

Happy Nomad on April 17, 2012 at 8:54 PM

If that stupid slogan get’s him re-elected we are the stupidest populace on the planet.

VegasRick on April 17, 2012 at 9:19 PM

Seriously, ever since Billy Jeff said that he did not nhale all of the donks have been trying to out do each other on lies the American Public will swallow.

jukin3 on April 17, 2012 at 9:21 PM

Guess Moochy’s eyesight and vision aren’t what they used to be, if they ever were.

stukinIL4now on April 17, 2012 at 9:22 PM

Michelle and Nancy Pelosi must be sharing the same reality. You know, where you can fly off in your own taxpayer-provided jet to exotic locations.

GarandFan on April 17, 2012 at 9:24 PM

It’s like having Papa Doc in the White House…

PatriotRider on April 17, 2012 at 9:26 PM

facepalm

ted c on April 17, 2012 at 9:30 PM

By October they’ll be having voodoo chicken rituals in the West Wing…

PatriotRider on April 17, 2012 at 9:33 PM

“He lie”, Aretha Franklin

DrStock on April 17, 2012 at 9:35 PM

“Barack’s led us out of the darkness and into the light.”

Translation: “Obama and his minions are taking over and their nothing you can do about it.”

JellyToast on April 17, 2012 at 9:37 PM

Hey Moochelle!
I’m spending $68.50 MORE a month for that “light”!

I’m spending twice as much for your gas!

My groceries are costing me over $75.00 more a month.

Thanks for that Hope and Change

Atlanta Media Guy on April 17, 2012 at 9:39 PM

Good grief. I think she’s growing more than arugula in that White House garden of hers, I swear.

Philly on April 17, 2012 at 9:41 PM

Who can help me with the steps to inserting a link? Please?

DrStock on April 17, 2012 at 9:43 PM

Maybe the Obamas celebrate this coming into the light with Claudine Clark’s “Party Lights” (1962) (Check out the dancing.)

At Bah-rock’s first birthday party it was played in honor of the anniversary of the Wonder Worker’s birth. Later it became the theme song for all of the celebratin’ in the WH and elsewhere.

onlineanalyst on April 17, 2012 at 9:43 PM

Sorry. did not read the previous.

Into the light?

Who knew Occupy (anyplace but a workplace) could light so many cars on fire!!!!

WryTrvllr on April 17, 2012 at 9:45 PM

lynncgb on April 17, 2012 at 9:08 PM

Except that they want to believe. They want this to be the reality. Count on it, during the next week there will be morons quoted in the MSM talking about the way Obama took us into the light.

Happy Nomad on April 17, 2012 at 9:48 PM

By October they’ll be having voodoo chicken rituals in the West Wing…

PatriotRider on April 17, 2012 at 9:33 PM

Loid your Girns, my fellow black GOP voters. It’s gonna get worse before Nov!

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on April 17, 2012 at 9:50 PM

Don’t purchase anything you don’t need until late October – too late to help retail sales numbers and give Obama a lift.

This “recovery” is already going sideways. Don’t purchase durable goods, clothes, autos, lavish vacations. Don’t spend ten cents on anything not essential.

Save your tax refund or pay down debt. Don’t spend it.

My wife wants to replace our stove, which is still working fine. We agreed to wait until Halloween.

If we ALL delay some purchases, we can have greatest Christmas and Hanukkah of our lives, knowing that this Empty Suit is on his way out.

matthew8787 on April 17, 2012 at 9:54 PM

This is like a “MISSION ACCOMPLISHED” banner or “Brownie, you’re doing a heck of a job!”

CycloneCDB on April 17, 2012 at 9:57 PM

Barack’s led us out of the darkness and into the light

Maybe someone can ask Moochelle if she could get that “light” to shine on the truth about what happened in Fast and Furious. I’d like to know when people, re Holder/Melson/Newell, are going to jail for complicity in killing Agents Terry and Zapata.

TulsAmerican on April 17, 2012 at 9:57 PM

Here’s a question somebody smarter than me might be able to answer. I just saw a program about “hunger in America” where they made the claim that fresh produce was a luxury.

This is the food desert myth that Michelle Obama puts forward. That “urban” moms are distraught that they can not feed their children healthy foods. The only means of doing so requiring busses, trains, and spaceships to the suburbs. The reality, of course, being that even if that urban mother lived a block away from three grocery stores and a fast food joint, they would go to the fast food joint.

And, BTW, the lack of grocery stores in these urban areas is directly related to shoplifting and armed robbery statistics. In other words, no business is willing to invest in an area where they know the populace will steal from them and their employees are at risk.

Happy Nomad on April 17, 2012 at 10:02 PM

I think, during WWII, the term was “victory garden”. But then, you weren’t hurting the economy by not visiting McD’s.

Besides, where do you plant them when you need space for 18 holes?

PIZZA Delivery!!!

WryTrvllr on April 17, 2012 at 10:06 PM

Happy Nomad on April 17, 2012 at 8:54 PM

Very astute. I agree, that seems to be the reelection strategy that is emerging.

And it’s a sad statement on our society that a lot of voters will buy it, hook, line and sinker.

UltimateBob on April 17, 2012 at 10:10 PM

Who can help me with the steps to inserting a link? Please?

DrStock on April 17, 2012 at 9:43 PM

Glad to!

1) Type what you want to say.
2) Highlight a word or words you want to connect the link to (using your sentence above, you can highlight “inserting a link” or “link” or “the” or whatever strikes your fancy).
3) Got another window open with the place you want linked to? Good. Highlight the http:// web address, click “Edit” on your toolbar, and from the drop-down list click “Copy”.
4) Come back to this page, click “link” from the choices above. On your keyboard engage the “Caps Lock” then press ‘Ctrl+V’. When the URL you copied appears in the “link” space, choose “OK”.

There is probably another way, but this is how a poster here taught me! Took a few tries to get it right. Have fun and Good luck!

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on April 17, 2012 at 10:15 PM

“President Obama leading us out of the darkness…we need him to be a hero”

Paid for by HA35

Bradky on April 17, 2012 at 10:17 PM

He should do it now, but he’s too much of a pssy to do anything but propose, and then not have, a “conversation”.

Tzetzes on April 17, 2012 at 10:18 PM

head. exploding.

God help us if these people aren’t removed in November.

Midas on April 17, 2012 at 10:24 PM

Do a GoogleImage search of “Obama transfiguration”

Glenn Jericho on April 17, 2012 at 10:28 PM

I swore to never go after Obama’s spouse,..

But my God,..

“into the light”?

seriously?.. are these two so damned delusional, they see themselves as a masonic light to which we all must bow and scrape?

Overseas friends no longer trust us, our enemies openly laugh at Obama.. (the He brought us back into international respect and adoration clowns can kiss my a*s.) Obama didn’t stop the banking collapse, Bush did with TARP one, and then he claimed credit for everything good that happened long before he was sworn in…. and in a two faced manner refuses to take the blame for anything that’s happened since he sat in the Oval office. The stimulus was a joke,.. the money targeted at blue states, and going directly into the pockets of democrats and their donors.. He lied and ran on saving peoples jobs… when the economy was tanking, he played to the fear of working people.

Then once in office pushed them aside to get cracking on his thousand year reich, paying off cronies, buying unions, and ignoring the economy.. he backed lame brained Pelosi dream team with that idiot Reid.. Mr. no budget in the Senate in 3 years..

The entire sordid repugnant mess of left wing fantasies run amok,,

November can’t get here fast enough..

Sick of the rank incompetence, the lies, the demagoguery, the MSM collusion, the dehumanizing of opposition opinion.. this president is worse than Carter by every measure, he deliberately incites racial divisions, stokes the fears of women voters, while waging their own war on women. To be target number one for left wing attacks in the media, be a woman, or a minority and speak for conservative .. the hate directed at them is so thick, you can cut it with a knife.. and God Bless the free thinkers who stand with us,.. it can’t be easy.. not to put up with what democrats throw..

November can’t come fast enough.

mark81150 on April 17, 2012 at 10:33 PM

bayam on April 17, 2012 at 8:17 PM

yes…like making sure people can pay for their house before giving them a loan.

Fighton03 on April 17, 2012 at 10:35 PM

Happy Nomad on April 17, 2012 at 9:04 PM

Maybe she was going for the Muslim goatherder vote.

And never forget Lily Ledbetter. Yay!!!!

onlineanalyst on April 17, 2012 at 10:39 PM

Fighton03 on April 17, 2012 at 10:35 PM

Raaaciist!

OldEnglish on April 17, 2012 at 10:39 PM

Is this Michelle’s theme song? “Black is black…and I want my baby back…in the WH.”

Get a load of the nerdiness of the original performers both in looks and moves.

onlineanalyst on April 17, 2012 at 10:56 PM

UltimateBob on April 17, 2012 at 10:10 PM

I’m willing to be a little bit more forgiving. Loads of people were just so thrilled with electing a black candidate they overlooked things like qualification or the fact that the black candidate was actually mixed race as several of our previous Presidents have been.

What I am less forgiving about are those who voted for this bastard the first time who willingly buy this 2008 crap for a second time. Obama has a record now and it is bad. Obama has a corrupt administration which is out of control with the GSA Vegas parties, the Secret Service engaging in human traffiking, and Leon Panetta chalking up $860K for weekend vacations on the government’s dime (and that was this week).

Happy Nomad on April 17, 2012 at 10:59 PM

The answer to that is something they’d rather keep in the darkness.

calbear on April 17, 2012 at 11:13 PM

Aretha Franklin performing my favorite “He lied”

DrStock on April 17, 2012 at 11:19 PM

He has not the faintest, foggiest, freakin’ idea. Not a scrap of a clue. Remember, he’s the man with no slogan.

smellthecoffee on April 17, 2012 at 11:30 PM

This president has brought us out of the dark and into the light.”

Barf! What a cow.

GeorgieGirl9 on April 17, 2012 at 11:43 PM

One look at her, and the light is blinding.

If they wouldn’t have muzzled her around the election in 2008 she’d embarrass them daily, several times.

Schadenfreude on April 17, 2012 at 11:57 PM

And lobsters for the madam, whenever she pleases.

Schadenfreude on April 17, 2012 at 11:58 PM

Is this the 0 eats dog thread?

Bmore on April 18, 2012 at 12:25 AM

And lo our savior Obama walked on the water for his essence was the light and so light of weight was he….

Sherman1864 on April 18, 2012 at 12:44 AM

This woman is a nut. I am beginning to question her sanity. does she really think her husband is a Moses?
Her husband is like a depraved demon leading the American people into despair and over a cliff.
She needs to have her head examined.

Delsa on April 18, 2012 at 1:09 AM

It’s like having Papa Doc in the White House…PatriotRider on April 17, 2012 at 9:26 PM

FTW!

The finest description of what he is and how scary the ride has been.

Typicalwhitewoman on April 18, 2012 at 1:23 AM

This president has brought us out of the dark and into the light.

Wow, who would’ve thought that Michelle Obama was racist against black people.

Sterling Holobyte on April 18, 2012 at 1:25 AM

This president has brought us out of the dark and into the light.

I think she meant “out of the frying pan and into the fire.”

Dark Star on April 18, 2012 at 1:35 AM

The Hokey Messiah prayer:

King James Version (KJV)
Psalm 11712

The POTUS is my country’s embarrassment ; I shall not cringe

He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: My House was foreclosed on. he leadeth me to the long lines of unemployment

3He stealeth my wealth: he leadeth me to the paths of poverty, for his donors sake.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I’m not driving since I can’t afford the gas. I will fear no toil: for thou IRS art with me; picking my pockets, thy EPA and thy staff they keep me poor.

Thou preparest a new tax before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou doesn’t anointest my head with oil; since we can’t drill anymore. And my car runneth empty.

Surely the IRS and Homeland Security shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the TSA patdown forever.

stormridercx4 on April 18, 2012 at 2:20 AM

VegasRick on April 17, 2012 at 9:19 PM

We proved that in 2008. The open question is “can we learn?”.

swinia sutki on April 18, 2012 at 5:19 AM

This actually makes me gag.

rplat on April 18, 2012 at 5:39 AM