Boehner endorses Romney as donors consolidate

posted at 11:36 am on April 17, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

Is the Republican nomination race over?  Newt Gingrich says no, but practically everyone else says yes.  That now includes the man currently holding Gingrich’s old job as House Speaker, who formally endorsed Mitt Romney for the nomination today:

House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) on Tuesday endorsed Mitt Romney as the Republican presidential nominee, becoming one of the last party leaders to officially recognize the former Massachusetts governor as the GOP standard-bearer. …

“It’s clear now that Mitt Romney is going to be our nominee,” the Speaker told reporters after a House GOP conference meeting. “I think Mitt Romney has a set of economic policies that can put Americans back to work and contrast sharply with the failed economic policies of President Obama. And I will be proud to support Mitt Romney and do everything I can to help him win.”

A little too establishment-y for your taste?  WMAL and the Daily Caller both talked with Tea Party favorite and conservative activist Herman Cain, who endorsed Gingrich after withdrawing from the race in December.  Cain told the WMAL crew that it was time for Gingrich to acknowledge reality:

But on Monday Cain walked back his endorsement of Gingrich saying, “With all due respect, let’s get on with this, OK?”

“I even endorsed Newt Gingrich at one point because I thought that he had a shot. Well, not now. He doesn’t have a shot,” Cain said to Washington radio station WMAL.

A former Cain staffer told ABC News that Cain’s call for Gingrich to bow out isn’t surprising.

“He likes to go with his gut. Mr. Cain walked up to line of joining the establishment without crossing it,” the former Cain staffer said.

Cain softened a little by the time he spoke with the Daily Caller, but the message was about the same:

Former presidential candidate Herman Cain told The Daily Caller that he doesn’t know why former House Speaker Newt Gingrich is still in the Republican presidential race and doesn’t “know what’s going on in his head.”

“Everybody knows that Speaker Gingrich is not going to get the nomination, probably,” Cain explained. “It would have to take an absolute long-shot mix-up of everything that would happen at the convention. I don’t know what’s going on in his head, so I can’t comment.”

“I know that when I had to make the decision to drop out of the race, it was more difficult than making the decision to get in the race,” he continued.

Cain wants to get on with the election, but the big-ticket donors are already ahead of him.  Politico reports on the consolidation among some of the people who funded super-PACs for the GOP candidates while the fight was still on:

The super PAC mega-donors who dragged out the GOP primary are getting behind the establishment, rather than continuing to back rogue candidates and causes — as some in the Republican Party feared.

Donors like Sheldon Adelson and Foster Friess, who gave millions to anti-establishment presidential primary campaigns, are starting to fall in line — promising to support Mitt Romney and cutting checks to groups fighting for congressional Republicans.

Casino mogul Adelson and his wife, Miriam, who donated more than $15 million to a super PAC supporting Newt Gingrich’s presidential campaign, gave $5 million to a super PAC linked to House Speaker John Boehner in February — according to newly released filings. And Adelson is hosting a fundraiser next Friday at one of his Las Vegas hotels for a Boehner umbrella group that works closely with the Republican National Committee and the National Republican Congressional Committee, POLITICO has learned.

Last week, Friess, a Wyoming investor who donated $1.7 million to super PACs backing Rick Santorum’s since-aborted presidential campaign, told POLITICO he intended to support third-party groups backing Romney.

And even supporters of Texas Gov. Rick Perry, like homebuilder Bob Perry and investors Harold Simmons and Harlan Crow, are giving six- and seven-figure donations to super PACs backing Romney and establishment Republican candidates.

I think the “fear” in this case was that Romney wouldn’t be able to unite the party after winning the nomination, not that he would.  Adelson made no bones about his willingness to get behind Romney as far back as January, if Gingrich’s campaign didn’t work out.  The issue now isn’t whether Romney makes the best candidate to challenge Obama; that fight is over, and Romney won it.  The issue now is beating Barack Obama, taking the Senate, and keeping control of the House.  The issues of “establishment” versus “grassroots” still might apply in primaries for Senate and House races, but no longer in the presidential race.

Will Gingrich accept reality and shift his focus to issues and conservative Congressional candidates, as Rick Santorum seems ready to do?  The longer he waits to do so, the more his credibility and impact will diminish.  He doesn’t need to endorse Romney for that to happen; he just needs to acknowledge that he has lost his bid, and that it’s time to put his considerable talent to use more productively.  As Herman Cain says, Gingrich should “get on with this.”

Comments

Well said ed. Now let’s see if your “angryed” side will concur (not that you’re affiliated with him) ;-)

SauerKraut537 on April 17, 2012 at 11:40 AM

999

Rusty Allen on April 17, 2012 at 11:41 AM

If Newt’s lost Herman Cain, he’s lost ………. everything.

Bitter Clinger on April 17, 2012 at 11:42 AM

Rmoney™ folks will start liking Herman in 3,2,1….

Bmore on April 17, 2012 at 11:42 AM

Bmore on April 17, 2012 at 11:42 AM
Who didn’t like Herman to begin with?

Rusty Allen on April 17, 2012 at 11:44 AM

He’s way past that point. He routinely trashes FoxNews which is closest thing to a friend Newt’s had in this primary(even if they did allegedly favor Romney overall) and they used to employ him before his Presidential bid. And let’s not forget how he went after Mittens for his time at Bain Capital. He’s burned a lot of bridges and I don’t know if it’s possible to put back together what’s already been broken.

Doughboy on April 17, 2012 at 11:44 AM

Who didn’t like Herman to begin with?

Rusty Allen on April 17, 2012 at 11:44 AM

Many, many folks here at HA. Amongst them were the Rmoney™ folks.

Bmore on April 17, 2012 at 11:45 AM

I’m still worried about the unity issue. It is great going out after Obama and Romney clearly will be the nominee but has he really rallied the base or merely a bunch of fat cat donors?

Happy Nomad on April 17, 2012 at 11:46 AM

Bmore on April 17, 2012 at 11:42 AM
Who didn’t like Herman to begin with?

Rusty Allen on April 17, 2012 at 11:44 AM

Exactly. I liked Cain but I really wanted Perry. That wasn’t to be but now I will be voting for Romney obviously not my first choice.The thought of four more years of Obama is terrifying.

sandee on April 17, 2012 at 11:47 AM

Doughboy on April 17, 2012 at 11:44 AM
All John King’s Horses and CNNs men, couldn’t put poor Newt back together again.

Rusty Allen on April 17, 2012 at 11:47 AM

Rusty Allen on April 17, 2012 at 11:44 AM

Rusty, consider this. Wallstreet CEO, Mainstreet CEO. Rmoney™/Cain 2012 !

Bmore on April 17, 2012 at 11:47 AM

HERMAN CAIN ESTABLISHMENT RINO!!!!!1

Swerve22 on April 17, 2012 at 11:48 AM

I agree with Herman Cain – Newt, it is time to step aside
and unite the repub voters for the common goal of defeating the socialist/marxist/communist regime that is Obama.

Amjean on April 17, 2012 at 11:49 AM

Rmoney™ folks will start liking Herman in 3,2,1….

Bmore on April 17, 2012 at 11:42 AM

You assume “Rmoney” folks disliked him. It’s one thing to dislike someone as a candidate, it’s another to just plain dislike him.

I doubt that any RMoney supporters truly disliked him… But with ads like this and this he truly wasn’t a serious candidate.

SauerKraut537 on April 17, 2012 at 11:49 AM

sandee on April 17, 2012 at 11:47 AM

Worse even than terrifying. Is that the proper use of than. I have trouble with that apparently.

Bmore on April 17, 2012 at 11:49 AM

The War on Mitt…….continues……..Call the whambulance.

FlaMurph on April 17, 2012 at 11:49 AM

SauerKraut537 on April 17, 2012 at 11:49 AM

I assume no such thing. Those ads by the way were excellent. Run the numbers on the results. Those ads are some great creative by the way.

Bmore on April 17, 2012 at 11:52 AM

Bmore on April 17, 2012 at 11:47 AM
I would consider the hell out of that. I would live to see the media have to deal with Cain again.

Rusty Allen on April 17, 2012 at 11:52 AM

No, this can’t be. The ABR crowd assured me that no one was going to rally behind Romney and Obama was going to easily skate.

Send this back to copy and try again.

Red Cloud on April 17, 2012 at 11:53 AM

Those ads are some great creative by the way.

Bmore on April 17, 2012 at 11:52 AM

Well they were certainly “creative”, but not Presidential in my opinion… I’m not being snooty either… They’re just “meh”.

Too many people I know actually grimaced when they saw them.

SauerKraut537 on April 17, 2012 at 11:54 AM

Good for Cain, and you know he liked Newt!…Was John Boehner wiping his eyes while he was talking?

KOOLAID2 on April 17, 2012 at 11:54 AM

Many, many folks here at HA. Amongst them were the Rmoney™ folks.

Bmore on April 17, 2012 at 11:45 AM

I’ve been behind Romney ever since Pawlenty exited the race, and I rather like Herman Cain. Always have. Considered him for my support, eventually decided against it but it wasn’t because I didn’t like him.

Oh, and you spelled Romney wrong. Tool.

Red Cloud on April 17, 2012 at 11:55 AM

The War on Mitt…….continues……..Call the whambulance.

FlaMurph on April 17, 2012 at 11:49 AM

Come on… for bloggers and the media, the War on Mitt is a bonanza. People talked and talked for hours about potential drama on the convention floor. Now every endorsement or holdout endorsement is a chance for sites to rack up the hits as people snipe back and forth.

rhombus on April 17, 2012 at 11:56 AM

Too many people I know actually grimaced when they saw them.

SauerKraut537 on April 17, 2012 at 11:54 AM

Funny thing is you had them right at hand to post. ; )

Bmore on April 17, 2012 at 11:56 AM

Would be happy if I never heard from/about Hermann Cain again.. the guy hustled his way into the front runner for a presidency..

jdivito on April 17, 2012 at 11:57 AM

Oh, and you spelled Romney wrong. Tool.

Red Cloud on April 17, 2012 at 11:55 AM

Thanks for the insult. I wake every day in fear of receiving insults from folks on an anonymous blog.

Bmore on April 17, 2012 at 11:57 AM

Many, many folks here at HA. Amongst them were the Rmoney™ folks.

Bmore on April 17, 2012 at 11:45 AM

Oh, and you spelled Romney wrong. Tool.

Red Cloud on April 17, 2012 at 11:55 AM

Oh, boy. Here we go.

Bitter Clinger on April 17, 2012 at 11:58 AM

Rusty Allen on April 17, 2012 at 11:52 AM

Would be a fun ride. ; )

Bmore on April 17, 2012 at 11:58 AM

Oh, boy. Here we go.

Bitter Clinger on April 17, 2012 at 11:58 AM

Did the tool not misspell Romney? I’m just pointing it out. I don’t care that it was intentional, it still exposes how big of a hack he is.

Red Cloud on April 17, 2012 at 11:59 AM

Funny thing is you had them right at hand to post. ; )

Bmore on April 17, 2012 at 11:56 AM

??? Are you aware of this great thing called Google?

I suppose you’re trying to intimate that I “hate” him or something? It took me all of 20 seconds to locate them! I didn’t “have them at right at hand”, I used Google.

Derp!

SauerKraut537 on April 17, 2012 at 11:59 AM

Bmore on April 17, 2012 at 11:57 AM

Obviously not, or you would not be so judicious about doing it yourself.

Red Cloud on April 17, 2012 at 12:00 PM

Who didn’t like Herman to begin with?

Rusty Allen on April 17, 2012 at 11:44 AM

SauerKraut537 on April 17, 2012 at 11:49 AM

Cain was routinely slagged in the comments here for a long time and still is on occasion. Basically look at the average comment made about Newt or Santorum – i.e. “he’s not a conservative,” “he’s only running to satiate his giant ego,” “he’s only opposing Romney for financial reasons and greed,” etc. – and just swap out Newt/Santorum’s names with Cain to see what people were saying about Cain until Gingrich and Santorum came along as the next frontrunners.

Doomberg on April 17, 2012 at 12:00 PM

Ed, we still need time to digest the fact that a Rockefeller Republican is the standard bearer. Since Reagan, we have had two Bushes and now Romney (forget Dole and Mc Cain). I will vote for the guy but it hurts dude it really hurts.

celtic warrior on April 17, 2012 at 12:01 PM

Obviously not, or you would not be so judicious about doing it yourself.

Red Cloud on April 17, 2012 at 12:00 PM

Red Cloud, what did I say to you that was insulting ? I don’t even know you.

Bmore on April 17, 2012 at 12:02 PM

SauerKraut537 on April 17, 2012 at 11:59 AM

Yes I have. Yes they were right at hand to post. Are you an Ad man?

Bmore on April 17, 2012 at 12:04 PM

Doomberg on April 17, 2012 at 12:00 PM
Every candidate was trashed here. My prospective is that Cain was one of the most liked here. He is a hell of a cool guy and got sidetracked by the harrasment stuff. Now he’s making some sweet, creepy ads.

Rusty Allen on April 17, 2012 at 12:04 PM

Cain wasn’t running for the office of President, he was on an extended book tour that grew into running for the office of President.

I actually went to see him when he was in Dallas at a Tea Party event last year and liked what he had to say, but he wasn’t and isn’t Presidential material…

That doesn’t mean I “disliked” him…

SauerKraut537 on April 17, 2012 at 12:05 PM

Yes I have. Yes they were right at hand to post. Are you an Ad man?

Bmore on April 17, 2012 at 12:04 PM

Well you can believe what you want to believe I suppose but I have no animosity towards the guy.

Am I an Ad man? What is an Ad man?

SauerKraut537 on April 17, 2012 at 12:07 PM

Red Cloud, what did I say to you that was insulting ? I don’t even know you.

Bmore on April 17, 2012 at 12:02 PM

Who said you said anything to ME?

Red Cloud on April 17, 2012 at 12:09 PM

Bmore on April 17, 2012 at 11:42 AM

I was a Cain supporter once, as the TrueCons never delay in reminding me. I liked him very much.

His campaign staff was not only incompetent but severely damaging to him, and yet he kept them. That caused me to bail.

KingGold on April 17, 2012 at 12:11 PM

The issue now isn’t whether Romney makes the best candidate to challenge Obama; that fight is over, and Romney won it. The issue now is beating Barack Obama, taking the Senate, and keeping control of the House. The issues of “establishment” versus “grassroots” still might apply in primaries for Senate and House races, but no longer in the presidential race.

TRUTH!

cicerone on April 17, 2012 at 12:12 PM

Who said you said anything to ME?

Red Cloud on April 17, 2012 at 12:09 PM

Are you saying you just elected to insult me for no reason. I take it that Tool is not to be considered complimentary. From that I draw the conclusion that you were offended by something I stated.

Bmore on April 17, 2012 at 12:12 PM

KingGold on April 17, 2012 at 12:11 PM

Fair enough. Do you perceive “true con” to be a compliment or an insult?

Bmore on April 17, 2012 at 12:13 PM

Am I an Ad man? What is an Ad man?

SauerKraut537 on April 17, 2012 at 12:07 PM

A man or person that creates advertising. One other question for you SauerKraut537 if I may. Ed just posted a story on Rmoney™ possibly doing an appearance on SNL. Would that be considered Presidential?

Bmore on April 17, 2012 at 12:19 PM

Fair enough. Do you perceive “true con” to be a compliment or an insult?

Bmore on April 17, 2012 at 12:13 PM

If it’s capitalized, I use True Conservative as a grave insult on par with “Obama cultist.”

It not, it’s just an awkward phrasing of “true conservative,” which itself is a puzzling term, given that there’s no such thing as an absolute when it comes to ideology (which would then make every conservative, or no conservative, a “true conservative”).

KingGold on April 17, 2012 at 12:19 PM

Happy Nomad on April 17, 2012 at 11:46 AM

Check the delegate count for your answer. If “the base” wanted somebody else then that person would be the presumptive nominee. The meme that only those who oppose Romney belong to “the base” is as tired as it is ridiculous.

cicerone on April 17, 2012 at 12:22 PM

KingGold on April 17, 2012 at 12:19 PM

I must confess to have not being familiar with the term until just a few days ago. It was directed at me by another commenter. Upon researching its origin, I was surprised to find it was a leftist talking point. This struck me as curious as to why someone on our side of the isle would have co-opted it for use against other Conservatives. I am still trying to understand that.

Bmore on April 17, 2012 at 12:25 PM

Fair enough. Do you perceive “true con” to be a compliment or an insult?

Bmore on April 17, 2012 at 12:13 PM

The point is that an ABR mentality is not the mark of a genuine “true con.” So it’s not insulting, it’s irony.

cicerone on April 17, 2012 at 12:27 PM

Bmore on April 17, 2012 at 12:25 PM

And yet your kind has no problem “co-opting” the rhetoric of the Left when attacking Romney. As I said, it’s ironic to see those who call themselves “true conservatives” (or whatever you see yourself as) while spouting an assortment of Left-wing talking points against a GOP candidate. Which is especially weird when the last remaining ABR favorites, Newty and Santy, have both drawn quite a bit of praise from notorious Leftists like Michael Moore and Markos Moulitsas for attacks leveled at Romney. Is adopting OWS rhetoric what a “true conservative” does? Again, it’s irony.

cicerone on April 17, 2012 at 12:31 PM

Bmore on April 17, 2012 at 12:19 PM

That’s what I thought you meant but wasn’t sure if you were alluding to something else.

It’s not unprecedented that candidates get up and do SNL as of late, but at one point in time it was considered to be so (unpresidential).

I’m kind of torn on the question though… One side of me wants him to do it to lighten the arguments against him being a stuffy Harvard type, but then I can see it being a trap as well.

Something nuanced in the skit will have liberals chuckling I’m sure, but Romney’s no idiot.

Look, anyone who is basing who they vote for on some dumb SNL skit that the candidate did isn’t reality. I doubt that anybody is going to vote against a candidate just because they were made fun of on SNL. The facts are that they’re alREADY making fun of him on SNL…

So some self deprecating behavior is one way to defuse those stuffy arguments now used against him. It seems to me that if he doesn’t go on there that the argument that he’s stuffy is only reinforced.

SauerKraut537 on April 17, 2012 at 12:32 PM

I really enjoy liberal use of the word “Establishment”.

It has an intriguing ring to it like “Illuminati” or “bogeyman”.

Marcus Traianus on April 17, 2012 at 12:38 PM

cicerone on April 17, 2012 at 12:31 PM

cicerone, Please direct me to my spouting of left wing talking points. My comment record is very clear here at HA.

Bmore on April 17, 2012 at 12:39 PM

LOL!

With that headline and photo, I suddently thought Boehner had taken his juvenile tanning obsession to a whole new level.

Norwegian on April 17, 2012 at 12:40 PM

Who didn’t like Herman to begin with?

Rusty Allen on April 17, 2012 at 11:44 AM

I never did. He had all the gravitas of a fart. The bimbo eruption was just a coup de grace that spared the GOP the later embarrassment.

Archivarix on April 17, 2012 at 12:40 PM

SauerKraut537 on April 17, 2012 at 12:32 PM

Fair enough. My opinion is for him to pass. Nothing worth wild as you point out can be gained. If nothing can be gained then why do it?

Bmore on April 17, 2012 at 12:41 PM

Bmore on April 17, 2012 at 11:45 AM

I didn’t like Hermie because of his BS attacks on Perry and his willingness to play the race card.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 17, 2012 at 12:43 PM

I know alt, I read what you say in your comments. ; )

Bmore on April 17, 2012 at 12:45 PM

Bmore on April 17, 2012 at 12:41 PM

There is something to be gained. People like seeing people going into the Lions Den and facing things. It endears them to them.

He can certainly defuse the Obama talking points that he’s an out of touch, stuffy, 1 percenter who doesn’t get down in the dirt with the rest of us and can’t relate.

Showing his humorous side might make people more open to him. Self deprecation can be a good thing… Perry tried it by joking about his colossal flub on the 3 departments he would get rid of as President.

It defuses…

SauerKraut537 on April 17, 2012 at 12:46 PM

As usual, here in California we don’t get any say in who the Republican candidate is, it’s all over by the time we’re allowed to vote. Then in the election, the conservatives here get out-voted and all our delegates go to the Democrat. At least we were able to send McClintock to Washington, but we would have been better off if we’d elected him Governor instead of Arnold.

Socratease on April 17, 2012 at 12:50 PM

worth while… ;-)

SauerKraut537 on April 17, 2012 at 12:52 PM

actually its one word… worthwhile

SauerKraut537 on April 17, 2012 at 12:54 PM

actually its one word… worthwhile

SauerKraut537 on April 17, 2012 at 12:54 PM

Thanks for the correction both times. ; ) Grammar and spelling are my weakest qualities. Add to that the iPad thingy and it can end up a real mess. : )

Bmore on April 17, 2012 at 1:04 PM

Bmore on April 17, 2012 at 12:25 PM

“TruCon” is just the latest permutation of “right-wing extremist” and “wingnut.” I usually don’t take anyone who says it seriously, since it’s just a content-free smear meant to shut down criticism of Romney or the Republican Party from the right.

Doomberg on April 17, 2012 at 1:04 PM

cicerone on April 17, 2012 at 12:31 PM

Sorry to say, but I must leave this thread now, one thing before I go. I read a good many of your comments. I’m not sure you even realize you are doing it. Irony indeed.

Bmore on April 17, 2012 at 1:08 PM

Doomberg on April 17, 2012 at 1:04 PM

Yes, I have started to realize this. Split them into groups. Hmmm, who loves doing that? ; ) Thanks Doomberg, see ya later.

Bmore on April 17, 2012 at 1:10 PM

My comment record is very clear here at HA.

Bmore on April 17, 2012 at 12:39 PM

You still haven’t figured out who the enemy is.

FlaMurph on April 17, 2012 at 1:11 PM

Both Newt and Paul should take it to the convention. Nothing is gained by giving up when half the contests are still to occur. Romney is going to lose to Obama. We need to at least try to salvage 2012.

alwaysfiredup on April 17, 2012 at 1:17 PM

As another Pawlenty turned Romney supporter, I never had a personal gripe with Herman Cain, but there was no way someone that illiterate in foreign policy and world affairs could be considered presidential material.

timbok on April 17, 2012 at 1:21 PM

alwaysfiredup on April 17, 2012 at 1:17 PM

Quit being a negative Nellie please. At least try to be positive will you?

Romney is going to do just fine, and IS doing jsut fine.

It’s 6 months out from the actual election. As the GSA scandal, the secret service scandal, Obamacares imminent overrturning, etc continue, it will leave Obama with nothing to run on. He doesn’t have anything to run on now except snipe anyone elses honest attempts to right the course of this nation.

He has nothing to add to the debate except negative Nellieism… Remind you of anyone?

SauerKraut537 on April 17, 2012 at 1:23 PM

alwaysfiredup on April 17, 2012 at 1:17 PM

And what is gained by Newt and Paul taking it to the convention?

Your Debbie Downer routine is old and tired.

JPeterman on April 17, 2012 at 1:47 PM

You still haven’t figured out who the enemy is.

FlaMurph on April 17, 2012 at 1:11 PM

Based on what?

Bmore on April 17, 2012 at 1:58 PM

Doughboy on April 17, 2012 at 11:44 AM

Bingo. Oh well, maybe he could get a job in Alaska working with the Palins. Calista would love it there./

Buy Danish on April 17, 2012 at 2:17 PM

The longer [Gingrich] waits to do so, the more his credibility and impact will diminish.

How can someone with zero credibility on anything have their credibility diminish?

Shump on April 17, 2012 at 3:13 PM

Will Gingrich accept reality and shift his focus to issues and conservative Congressional candidates, as Rick Santorum seems ready to do? The longer he waits to do so, the more his credibility and impact will diminish. He doesn’t need to endorse Romney for that to happen; he just needs to acknowledge that he has lost his bid, and that it’s time to put his considerable talent to use more productively.

Yeah …uh huh.

And if it was Romney refusing to endorse either one of these guys we’d be hearing ‘sore loser’ from here to the ends of the earth.

Both these guys need to man up and offer up their support to the man who bested them.

Their actions are not only unsportsmanlike but embarrassing.

If I recall, Romney didn’t take his ball and go home in 2008 but actually went out and campaigned for McCain.

The Ugly American on April 17, 2012 at 3:28 PM

cicerone on April 17, 2012 at 12:31 PM

Talk about clueless.

Can you please remind us what did SOROS say about Romney? Who cares what Moore says about anything when the pinnacle of Progressive Liberal crowd LOVES Romney and what he stands for, on par with Obama by his own evaluation.

riddick on April 17, 2012 at 3:46 PM

alwaysfiredup on April 17, 2012 at 1:17 PM

Let me get this straight. Your plan to beat Obama is to run either the guy that couldn’t win a single state among Republican voters or the guy who won 2 states among Republican voters. Good luck with that.

I think we should go with the guy who’s leading by over 1,000,000 Republican primary votes.

talkingpoints on April 17, 2012 at 4:29 PM

The funny thing is, I at first read this headline as, “Boehner endorses Romney as the donors’ candidate.”

But I guess that reading may well be accurate too.

There Goes The Neighborhood on April 18, 2012 at 2:07 AM

SauerKraut537 on April 17, 2012 at 11:40 AM

And with the first comment, the local Mittler Youth Brigade mobilizes!

Dunedainn on April 18, 2012 at 8:56 AM