Ann Romney: Seamus the Dog “loved” trips atop the car

posted at 1:21 pm on April 17, 2012 by Tina Korbe

Mitt Romney has a sensitive side, after all — and that side of him has felt most wounded by attacks on his one-time, long-ago treatment of Seamus the Dog, the Romney family’s former pet. At least, that’s what he recently told Diane Sawyer in an exclusive interview.

The Seamus story was first unearthed in 2007 by a reporter at The Boston Globe assigned to write a piece about Romney for a biographical series the newspaper published. By now, almost everyone knows the tale because, as Chris Cillizza put it, “Seamus is the dog who won’t die — politically, at least.” In 1983, the Romney family loaded up the family station wagon to drive from Boston to Ontario, strapping Seamus’ dog carrier — with Seamus inside — to the roof of the car. At some point on the trip, though, Seamus became ill (“he really had the runs” is how Ann Romney put it). Evidence of his sickness dripped down the window until the oldest Romney boy, Tagg, noticed it and yelled, “Dad! Gross!” Romney pulled into a nearby gas station, hosed down Seamus and the car, reinstated the dog in his carrier and strapped the carrier to the roof once more. In other words, he kept calm and carried on …

Plenty of Romney opponents have painted the episode as illustrative of Romney’s allegedly uncaring attitude — not just toward dogs, but toward everything. They’ve cited the Seamus story as evidence of Romney’s “otherness,” yet another way he’s out of touch with ordinary Americans.

But in the interview with Sawyer, Romney not only said he has been most wounded by attacks that include a mention of Seamus. Ann Romney also said Seamus “loved” trips atop the car.

“The dog loved it,” Ann Romney said. “He would see that crate and, you know, he would, like, go crazy because he was going with us on vacation.  It was to me a kinder thing to bring him along than to leave him in the kennel for two weeks.”

We’ll never know whether Ann Romney is right because, you see, dogs aren’t people and are unable to express themselves by more than an occasional bark or growl. It’s not, after all, as though Seamus himself told this story to The Boston Globe reporter five years ago, bravely speaking out after enduring a horrendous ordeal. No, one of the Romney sons revealed the story — and not in an attempt to injure his father’s chances at the presidency, but in an attempt to give voters a peek at the family dynamic.

The story of Romney and his dog is even more of an irrelevant distraction from the principal issues of the campaign than Hilary Rosen’s recent comments about stay-at-home Ann — but addressing the distractions isn’t stupid. All the little, insignificant issues add up to an understanding of the principles and priorities of the presidential candidates and of voters.

The Seamus story tells us less about Mitt Romney — it really doesn’t reveal anything new, as we already knew he’s a pragmatic person — than it does about us. When did animals become equivalent to people in the eyes of the American public, such that we couldn’t fathom treating our pets in any way other than the manner in which we treat our children? I appreciate that Romney gave priority seating to his children, that he clearly thinks human beings should take precedence over animals. That he’s wounded by the attacks tells us he cared about the dog — pets have a way of wriggling into our hearts, after all — but that he did what he did in 1983 tells us his focus was where it should have been, on ensuring a safe, comfortable drive for his family.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5 8

OhEssYouCowboys on April 17, 2012 at 2:06 PM

You poor moonbat. I have more education than you ever aspired to have!

My dog says you should get a life.

Ragspierre on April 17, 2012 at 2:08 PM

Very revealing thread of the contents of you people. Pick up trucks, jeeps with seats removed, animal cruelty.

One word comes to mind…hick.

angryed on April 17, 2012 at 2:07 PM

Nope, normal.

arnold ziffel on April 17, 2012 at 2:09 PM

The fact McMittens has to have his wife defending this means it’s not poll testing very well. If there is one thing that unites people regardless of politics is disgust at animal cruelty. Says so much that Mitt-tards are defending this action as no big deal.

angryed on April 17, 2012 at 1:37 PM

1. Ann was the one who broke the story to begin with. Not Mitt himself.

2. Name these “polls” you’re pulling out of your getalife. I just checked PollingReport.com, and they report absolutely no polling re. the Romney Dog.

In fact, they don’t even have any polling numbers on Ann Romney.

3. So far in this thread you have called what the Romneys did both “torture” and “cruelty”, despite any evidence proving either in fact happened to Seamus.

Last time I checked, that drive to Canada from MA took the Romneys thru many Blue States. How come absolutely none of the thousands of other motorists on the same roads saw and reported the Romney vehicle? And how come they were never pulled over by cops and cited for Animal Cruelty?

As far as we can tell, the only “torture” the dog endured was crapping. Got a news flash for ya: as a decades-long dog owner I can assure you that the dog would likely have done the exact same thing had it been in the car. Every single one of the many dogs I have raised has crapped in the car at one time or another. But I’m sorry, but Canine Defecation is not “torture”.

4. As countless others here have observed, dogs love riding in cars, and love hanging their heads out the windows. And in many places, dogs routinely ride in the back of pickup trucks, even on the Interstates.

But please keep flogging this story, Mister Ed.

Del Dolemonte on April 17, 2012 at 2:09 PM

Tell me sir, do you have a problem with “dog hot pockets”? I find them quite tasty.

arnold ziffel on April 17, 2012 at 2:08 PM

I have no idea what that is. Sounds like something you buy at 7-11 on the way to watch drag races.

angryed on April 17, 2012 at 2:09 PM

One word comes to mind…hick.

angryed on April 17, 2012 at 2:07 PM

Urban elitist, is that you??

CurtZHP on April 17, 2012 at 2:10 PM

Nope, normal.

arnold ziffel on April 17, 2012 at 2:09 PM

For rural Arkansas, sure.

angryed on April 17, 2012 at 2:10 PM

Fascinating how you people will freak out over an embryo being aborted yet laugh at a dog being tortured mercilessly for hours on end.

angryed on April 17, 2012 at 2:04 PM

Where is the evidence that the dog suffered? Would his experience not be similar to someone riding a motorcycle with no helmet?

Kataklysmic on April 17, 2012 at 2:11 PM

I heard the dog preferred it over having to be scrunched up with the kids.

Bmore on April 17, 2012 at 2:11 PM

One word comes to mind…hick.

angryed on April 17, 2012 at 2:07 PM

Hey, if telling the truth and liking the Eagles makes me a hick…so be it. I’m absolutely sure I’ve done more for dogs in my lifetime than you have yours’ you fake azz fake motha faker.

DHChron on April 17, 2012 at 2:11 PM

One word comes to mind…hick.

angryed on April 17, 2012 at 2:07 PM

What is it exactly you imagine you are accomplishing with your derailed posting lately?

NotCoach on April 17, 2012 at 2:11 PM

I hear that the tastiest dog in Indonesia is baked Puppy meat.

It goes well with arugula.

Obama EATS PUPPIES?????????????

faraway on April 17, 2012 at 2:12 PM

One word comes to mind…hick.

angryed on April 17, 2012 at 2:07 PM

Perfect further admission of elitism.

No contact with the real word…yep.

Disconnect with humans, displacement to animals…yep.

False (conceited) sense of moral superiority…yep.

Sounds like a Deemocrat.

Ragspierre on April 17, 2012 at 2:12 PM

I have no idea what that is. Sounds like something you buy at 7-11 on the way to watch drag races vote for Romney.

angryed on April 17, 2012 at 2:09 PM

*just to see angryboy’s head explode.

VegasRick on April 17, 2012 at 2:12 PM

angryed on April 17, 2012 at 2:04 PM

Abortion is definitely ending a human life. Romney did not torture his dog.

gwelf on April 17, 2012 at 2:13 PM

You poor moonbat. I have more education than you ever aspired to have!

My dog says you should get a life.

Ragspierre on April 17, 2012 at 2:08 PM

Pissant, I graduated from law school and passed the Bar, in ’83.

Your dog is always in the back yard – how could he possibly communicate with you, Goober?

OhEssYouCowboys on April 17, 2012 at 2:13 PM

Obama EATS PUPPIES?????????????

faraway on April 17, 2012 at 2:12 PM

Have you seen the price of puppy at Whole Foods lately?

NoDonkey on April 17, 2012 at 2:13 PM

Romney tortures animals. Mittbots respond: yeah but Obama does bad stuff too. Typical.

angryed on April 17, 2012 at 2:02 PM

Obamas take lavish vacations on taxpayers’ dime.
Obamabots respond: yeah but Bush took even more vacations .
Typical.
______
Obama adds trillions and trillions to the deficit.
Obamabots respond : yeah but Bush added billions to the deficit too.
Typical.
———
Obama runs guns for drug cartels to kill Americans.
Obamabots respond : yeah but Bush did it too.
Typical

burrata on April 17, 2012 at 2:14 PM

Perfect further admission of elitism.

No contact with the real word…yep.

Disconnect with humans, displacement to animals…yep.

False (conceited) sense of moral superiority…yep.

Sounds like a Deemocrat.

Ragspierre on April 17, 2012 at 2:12 PM

Admission of elitism. OK. You got me. I don’t drive a pickup truck nor do I torture animals for sport. You got me.

The real world is rural Arkansas? OK got me again. I have no contact with it.

angryed on April 17, 2012 at 2:14 PM

Do you people also tie up your dogs in the backyard and let them sit there in extreme heat and cold? Hey they’re just dogs right.

angryed on April 17, 2012 at 2:15 PM

Dogs love trucks.

Bmore on April 17, 2012 at 2:15 PM

angryed on April 17, 2012 at 2:04 PM
Kataklysmic on April 17, 2012 at 2:11 PM

gwelf on April 17, 2012 at 2:15 PM

Pissant, I graduated from law school and passed the Bar, in ’83.

Pissant, I have a HARD science BS, and took a joint JD/MBA.

Plus, you have the “back yard” confused with my acreage, and my Golden is right here.

You stupid phuc.

Ragspierre on April 17, 2012 at 2:15 PM

He & his sons also rescued some people and their dog when their boat sank in 2003 — only 9 years ago.

Dark Star on April 17, 2012 at 1:45 PM

Don’t confuse Mister Ed with Facts.

BTW that was Romney’s second rescue on the Big Lake; a few years before that he had also rescued some kayakers who got into trouble.

Del Dolemonte on April 17, 2012 at 2:15 PM

Dogs are loyal without reason, so they make good Republicans.
You can strap to a car for a few hours, and at the end – they are still happy to see you.
I’m just not that into ‘em.
I know many people are.
Maybe because they are one of the few animals that can make a sad face?
They melt the heart of Mark Levin.
And I bet he thinks it’s fine they put the poor thing atop of a car.
Fair weather K-9 friend he is…

verbaluce on April 17, 2012 at 2:16 PM

The real world is rural Arkansas? OK got me again. I have no contact with it.

angryed on April 17, 2012 at 2:14 PM

FTFY

VegasRick on April 17, 2012 at 2:17 PM

Bmore on April 17, 2012 at 1:55 PM

Heh. Money in the bank. The real high profit items were the dogs riding loose in the pickup beds who would just never jump out according to the owners. Fractured pelvis, compounded limb fractures, skin abraded from the pavement or gravel. Ka-Ching!
I enjoy listening to owners.:)

a capella on April 17, 2012 at 2:17 PM

Angryed’s complete failure in making any effort for the logical case for his assertions is proof that he is merely a troll. The only hope now is that this person is just doing performance art, that they’re bored at work and pretend to be a troll just to pass the time.

RINO on April 17, 2012 at 2:17 PM

I mock lazy moms who “raise kids” instead of work.

angryed on April 17, 2012 at 1:57 PM

Yes, I admit that after six years in the Army and four in the corporate world, I did get “lazy” and stay home with the kids. Hope you have found a wife who produces cash like an ATM for you.

;)

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on April 17, 2012 at 2:18 PM

Dogs are loyal without reason, so they make good Republicans Obama supporters.

Which requires a paucity of reason.

Or rationality.

Ragspierre on April 17, 2012 at 2:18 PM

One word comes to mind…hick.

angryed on April 17, 2012 at 2:07 PM

Damn… and here I was going to share my adventure on my Papa’s tractor…

The implosion of angryed continues.

Ampersand on April 17, 2012 at 2:19 PM

Pissant, I have a HARD science BS, and took a joint JD/MBA.

You stupid phuc.

Ragspierre on April 17, 2012 at 2:15 PM

Goober: Then it sounds like you’re an indecisive meathead. If your magnificent HARD degree came first, then why go to law school and get your MBA? If it came second, then why go to law school and get your MBA, in the first place?

That HARD degree most assuredly matches the thickness of your skull.

OhEssYouCowboys on April 17, 2012 at 2:20 PM

One word comes to mind…hick.

angryed on April 17, 2012 at 2:07 PM

i drive a pick up truck. i haven’t hauled or moved anything in years. i like ‘em. and you can kiss my @$$!

GhoulAid on April 17, 2012 at 2:20 PM

Sounds like the writer of the letter is a HotAir hick.

angryed on April 17, 2012 at 2:20 PM

Find a picture of an Indian train.

People ride on the roof every day.

Ragspierre on April 17, 2012 at 1:47 PM

Also in South America; the train line between Quayaquil and Quito in Ecuador is world famous for that mode of transport.

And just a while back I was watching the Ice Road Trucker gang driving all of those scary roads in Bolivia and Peru. On many of those trips they had live animals in their open-topped truck trailers.

Del Dolemonte on April 17, 2012 at 2:20 PM

Injuries suffered by dogs from riding in the back of open pickup trucks: a retrospective review of seventy cases.

angryed on April 17, 2012 at 2:21 PM

I heard the dog preferred it over having to be scrunched up with the kids.

Bmore on April 17, 2012 at 2:11 PM

Hey, just contemplating the idea of being in the same car as five kids for seven hours is enough to convince me that Seamus had it pretty good!

Happy Nomad on April 17, 2012 at 2:21 PM

I have no idea why anyone even responds to the postings. We all know that user is a troll. There’s no point in even acknowledging the crap.

crosspatch on April 17, 2012 at 2:21 PM

Case records of 70 dogs injured while riding in the back of open pickup trucks during the period January 1, 1982, to May 1, 1993, were reviewed. Most dogs were young (mean age 2.4 y) and of medium to large size (average weight 22.6 kg). Sixty-five dogs (93%) were injured during the months of April through October. Forty-nine dogs (70%) had single injuries and 21 dogs (30%) sustained multiple injuries. Fractures were the most frequent injury incurred, with fractures of the femur the most common. Surgical repair was recommended in all but 2 cases.

Oh yea perfectly fine to put a dog in a pickup truck. You people are sick.

angryed on April 17, 2012 at 2:22 PM

Dumbest non-scandal ever. Dogs LOVE being on top of cars.

This story might sell to urban apartment-dwellers who have only ever owned cats, but most anyone outside the city knows the first thing a dog in a car does is desperately attempt to stick his head out the window, even if the window isn’t big enough for his snout.

It’s just criminal that the MFM is reporting on this nonsense while mostly ignoring Fast and Furious, the DOJ’s refusal to prosecute the NBP for mob action, Pigford, etc.

TallDave on April 17, 2012 at 2:22 PM

a capella on April 17, 2012 at 2:17 PM

A friend and I were on the highway one day, a little congestion, so we were only moving along at 50 or so. Up a few car lengths in front of us a black pit bull fell out of a truck. The owner didn’t even notice or stop. That was the best dang pit bull and pet my friend Mike ever had. She was tough as nails. You are correct about the road rash, nasty. Highways are not where dogs should be found riding unsecured in the back of trucks. The country is a different story.

Bmore on April 17, 2012 at 2:23 PM

The implosion of angryed continues.

Ampersand on April 17, 2012 at 2:19 PM

Oh, I doubt he’ll last until summer.

CurtZHP on April 17, 2012 at 2:23 PM

It seems we have here a real live animal philanthropist who, Heaven Forbid! would NEVER be caught dead living in areas where actual animals live in harmony with people, AKA, out in hicksville.

It never ceases to amaze me that people like this actually think that animals, especially dogs, WANT to be inside, and not outside every chance they get.

The frail inhabitants of various celebrity dog purses may clutch their collar pearls at the thought of a puff of air, but the average actual run-of-the-mill dog, such as you will find roaming the wilds of fly-over-country, enjoys and prefers being outside and even traveling with the family to being shut up inside a car or banished to a kennel. And dogs, left to their own devices and not forced into human behaviors do NOT act like humans nor to they prefer the things humans do.

Lily on April 17, 2012 at 2:23 PM

For dog lovers (and people completely ignorant about dogs), I’d recommend an excellent book: “Inside of a Dog”, by Alexandra Horowitz. It takes a very good look at how dog’s see their world, how they view us, why they do what they do, and how we tend to anthropomorphize them into being little “people”. Dogs see their world a whole lot differently than we imagine they do. They don’t think like us, or have emotional reactions to things as we do. For example, people say “my dog loves me”…he doesn’t, he’s incapable of it. He just knows where his food comes from. So, because we’d definitely think of it as abusive to put a baby in a car carrier on the roof, we assign the same concern to doing it with dogs, with no evidence that it’s actually abusive to the dog. Let’s face it, we wouldn’t hold a baby’s head out of a car window going 70 mph, but dogs do it voluntarily and repeatedly, so they apparently like it.

This coming from a guy whose Golden Retreiver has me wrapped around his paw!!!

Trafalgar on April 17, 2012 at 2:23 PM

ROMNEY / VICK 2012

A match made in heaven.

angryed on April 17, 2012 at 1:52 PM

Stay Classy, Mister Ed.

Del Dolemonte on April 17, 2012 at 2:24 PM

Sorry but the story accurately portrays him as unfeeling. Having no love for animals doesn’t disqualify you for President.

stingray9813 on April 17, 2012 at 2:24 PM

Admission of elitism. OK. You got me. I don’t drive a pickup truck…

angryed on April 17, 2012 at 2:14 PM

If you think pickup truck are just a “rural Arkansas” thing you really need to get out more. You’re just becoming sad. More evidence you’re a “Moby” Obama operative.

Ampersand on April 17, 2012 at 2:25 PM

angryed on April 17, 2012 at 2:21 PM

Is that all? Over 32K people died in automobiles last year. Excuse me while I’ll don’t pretend to be concerned with your silliness.

NotCoach on April 17, 2012 at 2:25 PM

Then it sounds like you’re an indecisive meathead.

I’m calling you a liar, liar.

Nobody goes to law school in the U.S. (an accredited law school, that is)…

WITHOUT an undergrad degree.

That you don’t seem to know that shows your claim to have a JD is a lie.

And…for your further edification…VIRTUALLY ALL HIGHLY PAID PATENT ATTORNEYS HAVE UNDERGRAD DEGREES (at least) IN THE HARD SCIENCES.

Happy to help flush out your lies…

Ragspierre on April 17, 2012 at 2:25 PM

;)

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on April 17, 2012 at 2:18 PM

My brother spent five years in Afghanistan and along the DMZ border. Now he stays at home and raises four kids. Lazy motha fluker

DHChron on April 17, 2012 at 2:26 PM

TallDave on April 17, 2012 at 2:22 PM

Flyover country is a fascinating milieu. I wish I could live there as well. Civilized people are so boring.

angryed on April 17, 2012 at 2:26 PM

One word comes to mind…hick.

angryed on April 17, 2012 at 2:07 PM

Hey, Ross Perot!!

affenhauer on April 17, 2012 at 2:26 PM

angryed tortures logic.

Jim Treacher on April 17, 2012 at 2:26 PM

In a Dog boarding facility. Why would you haul that many people, and a dog?

portlandon on April 17, 2012 at 1:50 PM

I don’t think you own a dog.

Why do dogs love sticking their head out the window when the car is moving. They can see through the windshield just fine, but they would rather feel the breeze in their face and have their ears flap back.

Why do kids love to ride in the back of a pick-up. Guess this can only be done on private lands anymore or in a foreign country that its citizens are still free!

Why do some people want to dictate their vision of utopia on those of us who want nothing to do with that vision of living our life?

angryed

This is and always has been a non issue. The left wants to make gold out of straw. Shouldn’t you be seeking the help of Rumpelstiltskin.

PrettyD_Vicious on April 17, 2012 at 2:26 PM

DHChron on April 17, 2012 at 2:26 PM

Your brother is a mom? Like I said, flyover country really is fascinating. I should visit some time.

angryed on April 17, 2012 at 2:27 PM

Lily on April 17, 2012 at 2:23 PM

We had a redbone coonhound, best dog ever. Every morning she wanted out onto our half acre yard. Spent much of the day surveying her farm from the top of a used washer box. At night she wanted back in with the rest of her pack.

arnold ziffel on April 17, 2012 at 2:28 PM

Kataklysmic on April 17, 2012 at 2:11 PM

MOTRCYCLEZ R TEH TORTER!!eleventy!

thirtyandseven on April 17, 2012 at 2:28 PM

stingray9813 on April 17, 2012 at 2:24 PM

Feelings
Nothing more than feelings,
Trying to forget my feelings of love

Teardrops,
Rolling down on, my face
Trying to forget my, feelings of love

Feelings,
For all my life I’ll feel it
I’ll wish I’ve never met you, girl
You’ll never come again

Feelings,
Wo-o-o feelings
Wo-o-o feelings
Again in my heart

Feelings,
Feelings like I’ve lost you
And feelings like I’ve never have you
Again in my heart.

Feelings,
For all my life I’ll feel it
I wish I’ve never met you, girl
You’ll never come again

Feelings,
Feelings like I’ve lost you
And feelings like I’ve never have you
Again in my life.

Feelings,
Wo-o-o feelings
Wo-o-o feelings
Again in my heart

Feelings,
Wo-o-o feelings
Wo-o-o feelings

GhoulAid on April 17, 2012 at 2:28 PM

Oh yea perfectly fine to put a dog in a pickup truck. You people are sick.

angryed on April 17, 2012 at 2:22 PM

right – so slightly under the percentage that get attacked by say…raging Unicorns with farts of fire and brimstone?

DHChron on April 17, 2012 at 2:29 PM

I had a Scottish Terrier as a kid who lived to ride in the car. All any of us had to do was to walk toward the door that led to the garage and she’d be there waiting. Her preferred place was on the ledge behind the back seat.

One frigid winter day a few days after Christmas, we were going shopping for some after-Christmas bargains and the dog was standing at the ready, waiting to jump into the car. We told her no, it was too cold and that she’d have to stay home this time.

We were gone for a couple hours; when we returned, we noticed pieces of something all over the living room carpet. The dog was laying on the floor by the couch, looking defiant. Then we looked at the Nativity scene beneath the tree and saw that she had knocked over all the figurines, demolished a paper mache camel, and a couple plastic sheep for good measure. She was always a well-behaved dog, but when we yelled at her, she slunk down to the basement, where she stayed for the rest of the day.

I still have the plastic sheep with tooth marks in its posterior, and smile when I put it in place every Christmas.

PatriotGal2257 on April 17, 2012 at 2:29 PM

PrettyD_Vicious on April 17, 2012 at 2:26 PM

Mrs. Never Worked a Day In Her Life wouldn’t be talking about it if it weren’t an issue.

angryed on April 17, 2012 at 2:29 PM

angryed on April 17, 2012 at 2:27 PM

Do you like river trips and banjos?

arnold ziffel on April 17, 2012 at 2:29 PM

I should visit some time.

Getting out of your mommy’s basement would be a good first step…

Little steps.

Ragspierre on April 17, 2012 at 2:29 PM

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
– Mahatma Gandhi

angryed on April 17, 2012 at 2:00 PM

India is the only country that still has the Plague.

I mean the Plague? Please!

Del Dolemonte on April 17, 2012 at 2:29 PM

0bama eating dogs trumps Romney’s dog on top of the car, by a factor of ten at least.

Rebar on April 17, 2012 at 2:30 PM

angryed on April 17, 2012 at 2:27 PM

Can you squeal like a pig?

VegasRick on April 17, 2012 at 2:30 PM

angryed on April 17, 2012 at 2:22 PM
I take it you were left at the Kennel?

Rusty Allen on April 17, 2012 at 2:30 PM

angryed on April 17, 2012 at 2:27 PM

holy shiznitzz! a GUY can stay at home!! I’m frambazzled and sh!t!

DHChron on April 17, 2012 at 2:30 PM

I thought we had a rule here at HotGas that trolls must be entertaining. If we don’t have such a rule, then I say we bombard the tips inbox with requests to immediately implement one.

angryed needs to go take a nap and come back when he/she/it is rested and has dreamed through his/hers/its conflicts with the superego and the id.

platypus on April 17, 2012 at 2:31 PM

DHChron on April 17, 2012 at 2:29 PM

I see math is hard in flyover country. Let me try to explain it slowly.

68 out of 70 injuries required surgery. That’s a high %.

Try this…you have 70 cars on your lawn. 68 of then don’t work. Doe that help you picture it?

angryed on April 17, 2012 at 2:31 PM

angryed on April 17, 2012 at 2:29 PM

Another question, I assume it won’t get answered but: what is more important … a feminist pipe dream or the reproduction of civilization and the human race? A mother at home is far more productive than any female in the work force.

RINO on April 17, 2012 at 2:33 PM

Doe that help you picture it?

angryed on April 17, 2012 at 2:31 PM

Doe? You need a special permit to shoot those.

Deep breaths, ed.

CurtZHP on April 17, 2012 at 2:33 PM

angryed on April 17, 2012 at 2:31 PM

It’s not a car when it’s spare parts. Man, you’re stupid.

NotCoach on April 17, 2012 at 2:34 PM

angryed on April 17, 2012 at 2:26 PM

This is the same person who was saying Romney can’t win because he wont get the “true conservative” evangelical vote last week. Angryed is a true conservative who looks down on fly over country.

I’m not saying he’s a Moby. Just that a Moby would act EXACTLY like him…

Ampersand on April 17, 2012 at 2:34 PM

I see math is hard in flyover country. Let me try to explain it slowly.

68 out of 70 injuries required surgery. That’s a high %.

angryed on April 17, 2012 at 2:31 PM

try this Ed: they found 70 injuries in 11 years. Do the math.

DHChron on April 17, 2012 at 2:34 PM

I see math is hard in flyover country. Let me try to explain it slowly.

68 out of 70 injuries required surgery. That’s a high %.

angryed on April 17, 2012 at 2:31 PM

The other two got the Old Yeller treatment I suppose.

NoDonkey on April 17, 2012 at 2:34 PM

I figured it out! Angryed’s Mom never let him have a dog! That explains everything!

Kristamatic on April 17, 2012 at 2:34 PM

I mock lazy moms who “raise kids” instead of work.

angryed on April 17, 2012 at 1:57 PM

;)

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on April 17, 2012 at 2:18 PM

A pimp usually has more than one gal working to support his lazy azz and lavish lifestyle.

PrettyD_Vicious on April 17, 2012 at 2:35 PM

angryed on April 17, 2012 at 2:27 PM

Can you squeal like a pig?

VegasRick on April 17, 2012 at 2:30 PM

He’s OK with that Rick, just no pickup rides.

arnold ziffel on April 17, 2012 at 2:35 PM

I’m not saying he’s a Moby. Just that a Moby would act EXACTLY like him…

Ampersand on April 17, 2012 at 2:34 PM

Fishy.

VegasRick on April 17, 2012 at 2:35 PM

I figured it out! Angryed’s mom wouldn’t let him have a dog! That explains everything.

Kristamatic on April 17, 2012 at 2:36 PM

angryed tortures logic.

Jim Treacher on April 17, 2012 at 2:26 PM

That, plus he’s not beyond flat out lying too when he’s backed into a corner, which is basically always.

Red Cloud on April 17, 2012 at 2:36 PM

I’m not sure if I wrote this already…

Obama EATS DOGS????????????

faraway on April 17, 2012 at 2:36 PM

AngryEd is nothing but a liberal turned tea party turned idiot. I don’t doubt his convictions, just his intelligence.

DHChron on April 17, 2012 at 2:36 PM

Oh yea perfectly fine to put a dog in a pickup truck. You people are sick.

angryed on April 17, 2012 at 2:22 PM

Not half as sick as you who’s cranked up this thread into 3 pages with your insane rants.

JPeterman on April 17, 2012 at 2:37 PM

DHChron on April 17, 2012 at 2:36 PM

I’m envisioning a 75 year old guy whose grandchildren showed him just enough about the Internet to be dangerous, and who otherwise would be sitting out on his front porch shouting at kids to “get off (his) lawn.”

Red Cloud on April 17, 2012 at 2:38 PM

DHChron on April 17, 2012 at 2:36 PM

CJ from LGF?

VegasRick on April 17, 2012 at 2:38 PM

angryed on April 17, 2012 at 2:26 PM

they sure are boring. all they do if flap their gums all day about the poor polar bears on coke cans and other such nonsense. here’s another song for you, and you can choke on it:

Hey baby, let’s jump in your truck
We’ll ride and watch for lightnin’ bugs
We’ll ride with the windows let down
There’s nowhere else I’d rather be right now

‘Cause there ain’t nothin’ like the sound
Of a cooler slushin’ on the bed of your truck
And ain’t nothin’ like the sound of real country music
Come on, turn it up

And I love to hear the whippoorwill sing any night
And the crickets out in the woods
Ooh, and don’t it feel so right?
And don’t it sound so good?

We’ll stop on a ol’ dirt road bridge
Do you remember when we painted our names on it?
And we’ll listen to the creek as it runs
And we’ll count the stars every single one

‘Cause there ain’t nothin’ like the sound
Of a cooler slushin’ on the bed of your truck
And ain’t nothin’ like the sound of real country music
Come on, turn it up

And I love to hear the whippoorwill sing any night
And the crickets out in the woods
Ooh, and don’t it feel so right?
And don’t it sound so good?

‘Cause there ain’t nothin’ like the sound
Of a cooler slushin’ on the bed of your truck
And ain’t nothin’ like the sound of real country music
Come on, turn it up

And I love to hear the whippoorwill sing any night
And the crickets out in the woods
Ooh, don’t it feel so right?
And don’t it sound so good?

Ooh, don’t it feel so right?
And don’t it sound so good?
Yeah, sounds so good
Yeah, it sounds so good

GhoulAid on April 17, 2012 at 2:38 PM

I’m calling you a liar, liar.

Nobody goes to law school in the U.S. (an accredited law school, that is)…

WITHOUT an undergrad degree.

That you don’t seem to know that shows your claim to have a JD is a lie.

Happy to help flush out your lies…

Ragspierre on April 17, 2012 at 2:25 PM

Wow, you really ARE a lawyer! And quite proficient in ferreting out the facts and evidence!

Could you please tell me, Goober, where my post indicated that I didn’t have an undergraduate degree? If you weren’t so slow, you just might have inferred, from my HotAir name, that I went to Oklahoma State University, which doesn’t have a law school. From that bit of evidence, “Counselor,” you could’ve, or should I say, should’ve, deduced that I had an undergraduate degreee from Oklahoma State, and that I went to law school, elsewhere.

Assuming arguendo that you are a lawyer, and in light of your mastery of facts, evidence and prior statements of others, it’s best that you not be in a courtroom, and that you continue to allow the dust to settle on you, while you work.

Have a good day, Goober.

OhEssYouCowboys on April 17, 2012 at 2:38 PM

JPeterman on April 17, 2012 at 2:37 PM

The Romney supporters actually have him taking time out of a busy day to look up statistics on dogs riding in pickup trucks.

CurtZHP on April 17, 2012 at 2:38 PM

Re-post:

platypus on April 17, 2012 at 2:39 PM

PatriotGal2257 on April 17, 2012 at 2:29 PM

Heh. She really wanted to go!

changer1701 on April 17, 2012 at 2:39 PM

Can you squeal like a pig?

VegasRick on April 17, 2012 at 2:30 PM

I bet ya he’s got a reeeel purty mouth…

affenhauer on April 17, 2012 at 2:39 PM

Can you squeal like a pig?

VegasRick on April 17, 2012 at 2:30 PM

He’s OK with that Rick, just no pickup rides.

arnold ziffel on April 17, 2012 at 2:35 PM

I think he uses that as a pickup line!

VegasRick on April 17, 2012 at 2:39 PM

Can you squeal like a pig?

VegasRick on April 17, 2012 at 2:30 PM

Not actually fly over country, but funny all the same. Ned was never the same after his visit.

Bmore on April 17, 2012 at 2:39 PM

The country is a different story.

Bmore on April 17, 2012 at 2:23 PM

There really isn’t any good way of measuring the risk factor. I used to have farmers come into the clinic to pick something up or pay a bill and leave their farm dog outside loose in the bed and the dog would never show any inclination to leave. They lived their whole lives that way and never jumped out. OTOH, I saw lots of badly injured ones that jumped. What we are reading on this thread are lots of opinions and little fact substantiated by data. What angryed posted above isn’t conclusive of risk factor at all, because we don’t know how many ride that way. I’m content to let owners do what they want if I’ve warned them and they ignore it. Individual liberty and all that, plus pets are considered property, so there’s that.

a capella on April 17, 2012 at 2:40 PM

Dumbest non-scandal ever.

TallDave on April 17, 2012 at 2:22 PM

I gotta disagree. The Macaca “scandal” that isn’t even a real word but similar to an obscure racial slur has got to be the dumbest non-scandal ever. But it did cost George Allen his Senate seat.

And that is the lesson here. This is a dumb story but can’t be ignored. Look at how it brings out the concern trolls.

Happy Nomad on April 17, 2012 at 2:40 PM

DHChron on April 17, 2012 at 2:26 PM

Breathtakingly admirable mofo!

;D

PrettyD_Vicious on April 17, 2012 at 2:35 PM

Oh my…

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on April 17, 2012 at 2:41 PM

angryed on April 17, 2012 at 2:29 PM

Its a story, not an issue.

And just because she never worked on the street for you, doesn’t mean she has never worked. You on the other hand need help dealing with your control freak issues.

PrettyD_Vicious on April 17, 2012 at 2:42 PM

Ampersand on April 17, 2012 at 2:34 PM

This is a concern troll in the tank for Obama.

Happy Nomad on April 17, 2012 at 2:43 PM

One word comes to mind…hick.

angryed on April 17, 2012 at 2:07 PM

…the dog, thinks of angryed…but in it’s mind, replaced the ‘h’ with a ‘d’…the dog also requested that you quit sniffing it… in inappropriate places!

KOOLAID2 on April 17, 2012 at 2:44 PM