Ann Romney: Seamus the Dog “loved” trips atop the car

posted at 1:21 pm on April 17, 2012 by Tina Korbe

Mitt Romney has a sensitive side, after all — and that side of him has felt most wounded by attacks on his one-time, long-ago treatment of Seamus the Dog, the Romney family’s former pet. At least, that’s what he recently told Diane Sawyer in an exclusive interview.

The Seamus story was first unearthed in 2007 by a reporter at The Boston Globe assigned to write a piece about Romney for a biographical series the newspaper published. By now, almost everyone knows the tale because, as Chris Cillizza put it, “Seamus is the dog who won’t die — politically, at least.” In 1983, the Romney family loaded up the family station wagon to drive from Boston to Ontario, strapping Seamus’ dog carrier — with Seamus inside — to the roof of the car. At some point on the trip, though, Seamus became ill (“he really had the runs” is how Ann Romney put it). Evidence of his sickness dripped down the window until the oldest Romney boy, Tagg, noticed it and yelled, “Dad! Gross!” Romney pulled into a nearby gas station, hosed down Seamus and the car, reinstated the dog in his carrier and strapped the carrier to the roof once more. In other words, he kept calm and carried on …

Plenty of Romney opponents have painted the episode as illustrative of Romney’s allegedly uncaring attitude — not just toward dogs, but toward everything. They’ve cited the Seamus story as evidence of Romney’s “otherness,” yet another way he’s out of touch with ordinary Americans.

But in the interview with Sawyer, Romney not only said he has been most wounded by attacks that include a mention of Seamus. Ann Romney also said Seamus “loved” trips atop the car.

“The dog loved it,” Ann Romney said. “He would see that crate and, you know, he would, like, go crazy because he was going with us on vacation.  It was to me a kinder thing to bring him along than to leave him in the kennel for two weeks.”

We’ll never know whether Ann Romney is right because, you see, dogs aren’t people and are unable to express themselves by more than an occasional bark or growl. It’s not, after all, as though Seamus himself told this story to The Boston Globe reporter five years ago, bravely speaking out after enduring a horrendous ordeal. No, one of the Romney sons revealed the story — and not in an attempt to injure his father’s chances at the presidency, but in an attempt to give voters a peek at the family dynamic.

The story of Romney and his dog is even more of an irrelevant distraction from the principal issues of the campaign than Hilary Rosen’s recent comments about stay-at-home Ann — but addressing the distractions isn’t stupid. All the little, insignificant issues add up to an understanding of the principles and priorities of the presidential candidates and of voters.

The Seamus story tells us less about Mitt Romney — it really doesn’t reveal anything new, as we already knew he’s a pragmatic person — than it does about us. When did animals become equivalent to people in the eyes of the American public, such that we couldn’t fathom treating our pets in any way other than the manner in which we treat our children? I appreciate that Romney gave priority seating to his children, that he clearly thinks human beings should take precedence over animals. That he’s wounded by the attacks tells us he cared about the dog — pets have a way of wriggling into our hearts, after all — but that he did what he did in 1983 tells us his focus was where it should have been, on ensuring a safe, comfortable drive for his family.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 8

Find a picture of an Indian train.

People ride on the roof every day.

Ragspierre on April 17, 2012 at 1:47 PM

Romney has it backwards, according to National Lampoon’s ‘Vacation’; You strap GRANDMA to the top of the car; the dog, you forget you tied to the bumper. (Animal lovers can feast on my corpse anytime; it was comedy and didn’t really happen. And I DARE people to say they didn’t laugh at either!)

michaelo on April 17, 2012 at 1:47 PM

You know this is the worst place to put a human or animal, right?

Read about it. You can actually die back there cuz of lack of air circulation.

lorien1973 on April 17, 2012 at 1:37 PM

Try telling the dog that.

Bmore on April 17, 2012 at 1:47 PM

I know…so sad. He was very promising…then the Romney Rage took over.

DHChron on April 17, 2012 at 1:44 PM

HEY! It’s “Rmoney” according to angryboy.

VegasRick on April 17, 2012 at 1:48 PM

Another thing that Angryed and his ilk seem to forget. 5 kids, 2 parents. Thats 7 people in the car already. Plus luggage. Where is the dog supposed to stay?

Zaggs on April 17, 2012 at 1:42 PM

How about not bringing it along?

angryed on April 17, 2012 at 1:48 PM

Come to think of it, it’s a good thing it was in the passenger compartment.

forest on April 17, 2012 at 1:37 PM

My previous dog got the explosive runs and projectile vomiting while I was torturing him by having him ride in the back seat of a Mercedes. That car was never the same, no matter what we did to clean it.

Trafalgar on April 17, 2012 at 1:48 PM

Romeny should make light of this…

“Sure, I can understand why it would upset dog lovers. But believe me, I loved that Dog and I have been a strong supporter of Rescues my whole life…and to be honest, I should have put one of the kids on the roof instead. That dog was the only one that understood me.

Vote for me and you’ll be able to afford a family vacation, where you keep your dog, or children is up to you”

corujodp on April 17, 2012 at 1:48 PM

Didn’t Obama partially grow up in a country that eats dogs?

gwelf on April 17, 2012 at 1:42 PM

FIFY.

Happy Nomad on April 17, 2012 at 1:48 PM

Not everyone thinks about flying another plane or getting staff to drive another car. Is there a dog trainer on Obama’s staff?

Cindy Munford on April 17, 2012 at 1:48 PM

Mitt-tards will defend anything their cult leader does, even torturing a poor dog. You people are beyond disgusting.

angryed on April 17, 2012 at 1:49 PM

Thread winner!!!!!!

Bitter Clinger on April 17, 2012 at 1:37 PM

:D

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on April 17, 2012 at 1:49 PM

Zaggs on April 17, 2012 at 1:42 PM

In a Dog boarding facility. Why would you haul that many people, and a dog?

portlandon on April 17, 2012 at 1:50 PM

Did Obama ever even have a dog when he was growing up in Indonesia? And Romney’s the one who is supposedly not in touch with the American people? Pfffttt….

rhombus on April 17, 2012 at 1:50 PM

I love and respect my dog.

As a FLUCKING DOG.

(Clue-bat: dogs are not people… SEE???)

Ragspierre on April 17, 2012 at 1:43 PM

Yup, I’m sure that you’re dog is “flucking loved,” when it sits outside all day and all night, while you suck down some Scotch Buy beer and sit on your ass all weekend, watching your athlete “heroes.”

“Flucking clue” – a dog is a pack animal. When you go to the trouble of getting one, it’s supposed to join the family. If it doesn’t, get a “flucking cat,” or don’t “flucking bother” with a pet, at all

SEE???

OhEssYouCowboys on April 17, 2012 at 1:50 PM

angryed on April 17, 2012 at 1:28 PM
Brutality? The only thing brutal is your lack of a cogent thought.

Rusty Allen on April 17, 2012 at 1:50 PM

I still don’t understand the fuss. We put our dog in his large crate in the pickup bed for long trips as long as the weather is over 50 and under 90. He told me it’s kind of noisy but tolerable.

arnold ziffel on April 17, 2012 at 1:30 PM

I saw three little pigs, cute as they could be, riding in a crate in a pick up the day before last. They all had smiles on their faces.

Bmore on April 17, 2012 at 1:50 PM

True but what does it say about liberals that they are irate over strapping a dog crate to the top of a car and just as irate when anybody suggests that it is morally wrong to kill unborn life?

Happy Nomad on April 17, 2012 at 1:41 PM

That is the self-loathing part. I am bad, I am a human, so humans are bad, so killing them is ok. Also, the political left has a very strong “the end justifies the means” aspect. They absolutely have no ethics at all if it means furthering their agenda. So lying, stealing, killing, ANYTHING is permissible in the advancement of their agenda. A recent example was the global warmanista who decided to fabricate a document from the Heartland Foundation in order to frame them for misuse of funds.

People to the left of center are much more likely to engage in unethical behavior to further their agenda and engage in corruption. We see that with voter fraud, for example. Nearly all cases of voter fraud and voting irregularities favor the left. Dead voters vote Democrat. The Democrats engage in a “Secretary of State” project in order to put Democrats in the state office that controls voting.

crosspatch on April 17, 2012 at 1:50 PM

[your]

OhEssYouCowboys on April 17, 2012 at 1:50 PM

Memories :-) Hanging between the front seats talking to my parents…I would have been safer in a carrier on the roof!

GeorgieGirl9 on April 17, 2012 at 1:34 PM

hahahahahaha! true. Many a hilarious pileup against the windshield with my siblings in the old Dodge van.

DHChron on April 17, 2012 at 1:40 PM

’65 Ford Wagon with the faux wood panels – classic kid carrier

GeorgieGirl9 on April 17, 2012 at 1:50 PM

angryed on April 17, 2012 at 1:49 PM

A new low, even for you.

rhombus on April 17, 2012 at 1:50 PM

Anything but the brutality of what he did.

angryed on April 17, 2012 at 1:28 PM

Quick, somebody fetch the smelling salts.

Jim Treacher on April 17, 2012 at 1:51 PM

You can tell a lot of a person by how he treats animals.

angryed on April 17, 2012 at 1:51 PM

We own a Tibetan Terrier who we think of as a member of our household. We went on vacation and put him in a well recommended kennel for 10 days. When he picked him up from the kennel he was, how should I put it, pissed off and stressed out. It took a few days for him to trust us again when we left him alone in our house when we had to go out.

Cherokee on April 17, 2012 at 1:44 PM

Our dachshund is from the pound. We took him to have his teeth cleaned after we had owned him for a few months. He was at the vet maybe six hours is all. When they brought him out the boy didn’t even acknowledge me. His eyes said “don’t you ever do that to me again”. Took him home and he gave me the silent treatment for a few hours.

arnold ziffel on April 17, 2012 at 1:51 PM

I know…so sad. He was very promising…then the Romney Rage took over.

DHChron on April 17, 2012 at 1:44 PM

HEY! It’s “Rmoney” according to angryboy.

VegasRick on April 17, 2012 at 1:48 PM

Please, please you guys, Rmoney™.

Bmore on April 17, 2012 at 1:51 PM

OhEssYouCowboys on April 17, 2012 at 1:50 PM

You live a rich fantasy life, typical of moonbats.

Ragspierre on April 17, 2012 at 1:51 PM

HEY! It’s “Rmoney” according to angryboy.

VegasRick on April 17, 2012 at 1:48 PM

what, is Ed Snoop Dogg or something?

DHChron on April 17, 2012 at 1:51 PM

angryed on April 17, 2012 at 1:49 PM

What’s the over-under on when ed gets banned?

I say this week Thursday at 0900.

NoDonkey on April 17, 2012 at 1:52 PM

To be honest, I can’t imagine strapping one of my Scotties to the top of my car, for any length of time, and that’s the reaction I’ve seen most everywhere else. I’ve wondered how damaging this might be.

So, I’m glad they’re addressing it. I imagine Seamus preferred to be with them during their trip versus sitting in some kennel…I don’t see how that’s any better. And, it’s not a whole lot different from allowing your dog to ride in the back of a pick-up.

Bottom line is, if sitting in pews for 20+ years listening to the vitriol spewed by Rev. Wright didn’t disqualify Barry from the Oval Office, not sure why Romney putting his dog on the roof of his car should be.

changer1701 on April 17, 2012 at 1:52 PM

angryed on April 17, 2012 at 1:49 PM

You going to answer my questions on the first comment page?

RINO on April 17, 2012 at 1:52 PM

ROMNEY / VICK 2012

A match made in heaven.

angryed on April 17, 2012 at 1:52 PM

This is all the left has?

Wagthatdog on April 17, 2012 at 1:52 PM

My old dog was great! She would try to sit in each persons’ lap for a while. She was thoughtful that way. She’d do the same at parties because who wouldn’t want a love puppy in their lap? :)

Blake on April 17, 2012 at 1:53 PM

changer1701 on April 17, 2012 at 1:52 PM

Two wrongs make a right.

angryed on April 17, 2012 at 1:53 PM

You can tell a lot of a person by how he treats animals.

angryed on April 17, 2012 at 1:51 PM

…and by how he mocks moms.

Trafalgar on April 17, 2012 at 1:53 PM

You can tell a lot of a person by how he treats animals.

angryed on April 17, 2012 at 1:51 PM

And how they use them to forward their own personal agendas.

rhombus on April 17, 2012 at 1:54 PM

Anything but the brutality of what he did.
angryed on April 17, 2012 at 1:28 PM
Quick, somebody fetch the smelling salts.
Jim Treacher on April 17, 2012 at 1:51 PM

It’s ok – he fell safely on the fainting couch we usually leave out for lib4life.

gwelf on April 17, 2012 at 1:54 PM

Well, give the guy a break. His name isn’t “intelligented.”

Jim Treacher on April 17, 2012 at 1:54 PM

You can tell a lot of a person by how he treats animals.

angryed on April 17, 2012 at 1:51 PM

What does it say when you EAT DOGS?

Obama EATS DOGS???????????????

faraway on April 17, 2012 at 1:54 PM

More disgusting than the vicious act itself is the “so what” attitude displayed by these people. I hate to imagine what else they did to this poor animal.

angryed on April 17, 2012 at 1:55 PM

I ask you all, honestly what dog isn’t into this. Except acapella’s.

Bmore on April 17, 2012 at 1:55 PM

ROMNEY / VICK 2012

A match made in heaven.

angryed on April 17, 2012 at 1:52 PM

Obama/ Dahmer 2012

Obama EATS DOGS?????????????

faraway on April 17, 2012 at 1:55 PM

What does it say when you EAT DOGS?

Obama EATS DOGS???????????????

faraway on April 17, 2012 at 1:54 PM

Dude, get back the Dr’s office ASAP and refill that prescription before you hurt someone.

angryed on April 17, 2012 at 1:55 PM

I hate to imagine what else they did to this poor animal.

angryed on April 17, 2012 at 1:55 PM

That is a lie.

You LOVE the cheap moral superiority you find in your misanthropic BS.

Ragspierre on April 17, 2012 at 1:56 PM

…and by how he mocks moms.

Trafalgar on April 17, 2012 at 1:53 PM

I don’t mock moms.
I mock lazy moms who “raise kids” instead of work.

angryed on April 17, 2012 at 1:57 PM

Mitt didn’t get his dog a pedicure and carry him around in his murse with him. I guess I’ll vote for Obama.

Mitch Rapp on April 17, 2012 at 1:57 PM

If there wasn’t enough room, he should have put the dog in a boarding kennel, not tortured it for hours.

angryed on April 17, 2012 at 1:25 PM

Speaking of being tortured for hours…

NotCoach on April 17, 2012 at 1:38 PM

Seriously. Can you imagine a road trip with this guy. I’d rather be dragged behind the car.

CurtZHP on April 17, 2012 at 1:57 PM

Two wrongs make a right.

angryed on April 17, 2012 at 1:53 PM

Is that what I said, troll? Don’t believe it is…I admitted it wasn’t something I’d do, in fact.

You need to get your meds adjusted.

changer1701 on April 17, 2012 at 1:58 PM

Happy Nomad on April 17, 2012 at 1:46 PM

I know it’s Gardasil…

Certainly debatable how far Perry might have made it if he didn’t implode during the debates, but there is no doubt in my mind the debates did him in more so then anything else.

NotCoach on April 17, 2012 at 1:58 PM

Please, please you guys, Rmoney™.

Bmore on April 17, 2012 at 1:51 PM

Don’t know how to do the TM thing.

VegasRick on April 17, 2012 at 1:58 PM

Zaggs on April 17, 2012 at 1:42 PM

Seriously? I grew up in a family with a station wagon, six kids and dogs. The luggage goes on top of the car or in a U-haul. The dogs and kids go in the car.

Fallon on April 17, 2012 at 1:58 PM

You can tell a lot of a person by how he treats animals.

angryed on April 17, 2012 at 1:51 PM

dude… I get you don’t like Mitt. Usually I disagree but see your point on the Romney issue. But seriously, your becoming unhinged. You are starting to just sound like someone who should be swinging a dead cat around by the tail. Calm down. The name calling and “cult” talk has the exact opposite effect you think it does.

Ampersand on April 17, 2012 at 1:58 PM

That is a lie.

You LOVE the cheap moral superiority you find in your misanthropic BS.

Ragspierre on April 17, 2012 at 1:56 PM

Yes I am morally superior to someone who tortures animals and then shrugs his shoulders when confronted about it.

angryed on April 17, 2012 at 1:58 PM

You can tell a lot of a person by how he treats animals.
angryed on April 17, 2012 at 1:51 PM

What about babies born during a botched abortion?

gwelf on April 17, 2012 at 1:58 PM

What it tells us is that Diane Sawyer, a faithful water carrier for the Left, has no interest in allowing Romney to talk about the laundry list of ObaMao’s failures, both personal and policy matters. ObaMao must be protected and so we get the dog discussion…again. Another question Sawyer asked (with a straight face) was “What would you like to say to Barack and Michelle ObaMao?” And Romney chuckled and said, “Start packing.”

cicerone on April 17, 2012 at 1:58 PM

You can tell a lot of a person by how he treats animals.

angryed on April 17, 2012 at 1:51 PM
You can tell a lot of a person by how he treats animals.

angryed on April 17, 2012 at 1:51 PM

We’re doing our best to be patient and kind to YOU….

Tenwheeler on April 17, 2012 at 1:59 PM

I don’t mock moms.
I mock lazy moms who “raise kids” instead of work.

angryed on April 17, 2012 at 1:57 PM

Someone has picked up the liberal4life mantle I see

Mitch Rapp on April 17, 2012 at 1:59 PM

You can tell a lot of a person by how he treats animals.

angryed on April 17, 2012 at 1:51 PM

- And how he respects religious freedom.

- And how he treats unborn life.

- And how he views women who opt to run the household.

——-

Give your faux outrage over this story a break.

Happy Nomad on April 17, 2012 at 1:59 PM

ROMNEY / VICK 2012

A match made in heaven.

angryed on April 17, 2012 at 1:52 PM

Go Eagles! visit my webpage to see how I feel about dogs.

DHChron on April 17, 2012 at 1:59 PM

With one dog in here with me sleeping peacefully and another out on the couch, the less I think about this incident with Seamus the better off I am. I think it’s disgusting. But I’ll vote for Romney anyway and hope he has the same amount of consideration (none) for our enemies.

vityas on April 17, 2012 at 1:59 PM

angryed on April 17, 2012 at 1:49 PM

I don’t mind, as long as it keeps me on the opposite side of the tracks from you and your mental implosion.

NotCoach on April 17, 2012 at 2:00 PM

Bmore on April 17, 2012 at 1:50 PM

They thought they were going to Coscto not cutter’s shop.

arnold ziffel on April 17, 2012 at 2:00 PM

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
– Mahatma Gandhi

angryed on April 17, 2012 at 2:00 PM

Yes I am morally superior—angryred

A truthful self-conviction.

Thank you.

Ragspierre on April 17, 2012 at 2:00 PM

Obama’s favorite was BBQ Poodle Legs.

faraway on April 17, 2012 at 2:00 PM

Well, give the guy a break. His name isn’t “intelligented.”

Jim Treacher on April 17, 2012 at 1:54 PM

darn it Treacher! you got me…I normally try to resist laughing at your comments.

DHChron on April 17, 2012 at 2:01 PM

Don’t know how to do the TM thing.

VegasRick on April 17, 2012 at 1:58 PM

Mac, option, 2. PC, Alt+0153, trademark sign.

Bmore on April 17, 2012 at 2:01 PM

angryed on April 17, 2012 at 1:55 PM

Clearly, having the dog take a separate jet on vacation is the only reasonable alternative. That is what reasonable people would do. At taxpayer expense if they can manage it. Anything less and you are merely torturing the poor thing.

Lily on April 17, 2012 at 2:01 PM

The real inhumanity here is in naming the poor dog Seamus.

Oxymoron on April 17, 2012 at 2:01 PM

CurtZHP on April 17, 2012 at 1:57 PM

I think the dog would sh!t on angryboys lap.

VegasRick on April 17, 2012 at 2:01 PM

Please, please you guys, Rmoney™.

Bmore on April 17, 2012 at 1:51 PM

Are you a child?

changer1701 on April 17, 2012 at 2:01 PM

ROMNEY / VICK 2012

A match made in heaven.

angryed on April 17, 2012 at 1:52 PM

Get some perspective. Or sharpen your ax because you’re quickly descending into troll territory.

Ampersand on April 17, 2012 at 2:01 PM

Anything but the brutality of what he did.

angryed on April 17, 2012 at 1:28 PM

Quick, somebody fetch the smelling salts.

Jim Treacher on April 17, 2012 at 1:51 PM

“Fetch”?! I’m shocked and horrified by this misdogynist slur!

forest on April 17, 2012 at 2:02 PM

Romney tortures animals. Mittbots respond: yeah but Obama does bad stuff too. Typical.

angryed on April 17, 2012 at 2:02 PM

I don’t mock moms.
I mock lazy moms who “raise kids” instead of work.

angryed on April 17, 2012 at 1:57 PM

What disturbing and irrelevant tangent is this now?

NoDonkey on April 17, 2012 at 2:02 PM

– Mahatma Gandhi

As noted above, in many nations, people ride atop train cars.

India being one.

What an idiot.

Ragspierre on April 17, 2012 at 2:02 PM

angryed on April 17, 2012 at 1:51 PM

I understand that you think a Gov. Romney presidency would be the end of conservatism and have chastised me when I have whined about what a second term of The Won will mean but why wouldn’t Gov. Romney just be a place marker? Neither parties or the media support conservatism, so I don’t understand why Gov. Romney would be the worse of the two.

Cindy Munford on April 17, 2012 at 2:02 PM

My brothers and I used to ride around in the back of a Jeep with the seat and soft cloth top removed and a plywood board placed across the back. No restraint and hanging on for dear life. Dad stopped doing that after I fell out in the grocery store parking lot…

NotCoach on April 17, 2012 at 1:43 PM

Reminds me of the rides in the back of my dad’s cargo van, just sitting on the wheel wells or whatever boxes, etc. were back there. He’d go flying around a corner and all of us would go tumbling ass over head. Great times! My kids have no idea what they’re missing!

CurtZHP on April 17, 2012 at 2:03 PM

– Mahatma Gandhi

angryed on April 17, 2012 at 2:00 PM

I believe that was Ben Kingsley you ignoramus…please get your sh!t straight for future ref

DHChron on April 17, 2012 at 2:03 PM

– Mahatma Gandhi
angryed on April 17, 2012 at 2:00 PM

What about babies born from a botched abortion?

gwelf on April 17, 2012 at 2:03 PM

I mock lazy moms who “raise kids” instead of work.

angryed on April 17, 2012 at 1:57 PM

RDS, kids – this is what it does to you.

thirtyandseven on April 17, 2012 at 2:03 PM

Fascinating how you people will freak out over an embryo being aborted yet laugh at a dog being tortured mercilessly for hours on end.

angryed on April 17, 2012 at 2:04 PM

angryed on April 17, 2012 at 2:02 PM

No, it’s more like: “You have completely failed in proving that it was torture. Meanwhile, it is undeniable Obama did this bad stuff.”

RINO on April 17, 2012 at 2:04 PM

angryed on April 17, 2012 at 1:55 PM

You’ve really jumped the shark on this one, angryed. Hahaha No doubt they waterboarded the animal too. Maybe they even fed the poor brute dog food! Oh the humanity.

What do they do to dogs in Inodnesia?

rhombus on April 17, 2012 at 2:04 PM

I think the dog would sh!t on angryboys lap.

VegasRick on April 17, 2012 at 2:01 PM

Just so you know, shooting an ice cube out of a nostril hurts like a motherf—er!

Thanks. No, really, thanks.

CurtZHP on April 17, 2012 at 2:04 PM

NotCoach on April 17, 2012 at 1:58 PM

It certainly slowed any momentum he had! James Stockdale still hold’s the record for worst debate performance ever with his opening statement- “Who am I? Why am I here?”

Happy Nomad on April 17, 2012 at 2:05 PM

NotCoach on April 17, 2012 at 1:43 PM

Classy.

angryed on April 17, 2012 at 2:05 PM

angryed on April 17, 2012 at 2:02 PM

You can do better. I want more Gandhi quotes.

forest on April 17, 2012 at 2:05 PM

– Mahatma Gandhi
angryed on April 17, 2012 at 2:00 PM
We treat you just fine.

Rusty Allen on April 17, 2012 at 2:05 PM

O/T, in honor of tax day, here is Ron Swanson from the hilarious show “Parks and Recreation”, explaining to a 9 year-old how taxes work: http://vimeo.com/23912176

Lawdawg86 on April 17, 2012 at 2:05 PM

angryed on April 17, 2012 at 2:04 PM

But enough about you.

NoDonkey on April 17, 2012 at 2:05 PM

RDS, kids – this is what it does to you.

thirtyandseven on April 17, 2012 at 2:03 PM

Cannot wait until Romney actully gets elected.

VegasRick on April 17, 2012 at 2:06 PM

You live a rich fantasy life, typical of moonbats.

Ragspierre on April 17, 2012 at 1:51 PM

Okay, Goober.

Why don’t you and Gomer go watch some paint dry? With your “flucking” dog.

Watching paint dry will be a step up for your dog.

OhEssYouCowboys on April 17, 2012 at 2:06 PM

Dogs may not be as important as people, but they are certainly more important than luggage. Luggage on the roof, dog in the wagon. I don’t respect Romney but we are stuck with him. I’m voting against Obama which means voting for the man with poor judgement, Romney.

Rose on April 17, 2012 at 2:07 PM

Classy.

angryed on April 17, 2012 at 2:05 PM

what do you mean classy?!?!

It’s a memoir dolt

DHChron on April 17, 2012 at 2:07 PM

Romney Slogan…

Dogs are friends, not dinner

faraway on April 17, 2012 at 2:07 PM

Cannot wait until Romney actully gets elected.

VegasRick on April 17, 2012 at 2:06 PM

Heh. We’ll have to break the news gently…

thirtyandseven on April 17, 2012 at 2:07 PM

Very revealing thread of the contents of you people. Pick up trucks, jeeps with seats removed, animal cruelty.

One word comes to mind…hick.

angryed on April 17, 2012 at 2:07 PM

Are you a child?

changer1701 on April 17, 2012 at 2:01 PM

No, you thin skinned?

Bmore on April 17, 2012 at 2:08 PM

Classy.

angryed on April 17, 2012 at 2:05 PM

Tell me sir, do you have a problem with “dog hot pockets”? I find them quite tasty.

arnold ziffel on April 17, 2012 at 2:08 PM

Thanks. No, really, thanks.

CurtZHP on April 17, 2012 at 2:04 PM