Ann Romney: Seamus the Dog “loved” trips atop the car

posted at 1:21 pm on April 17, 2012 by Tina Korbe

Mitt Romney has a sensitive side, after all — and that side of him has felt most wounded by attacks on his one-time, long-ago treatment of Seamus the Dog, the Romney family’s former pet. At least, that’s what he recently told Diane Sawyer in an exclusive interview.

The Seamus story was first unearthed in 2007 by a reporter at The Boston Globe assigned to write a piece about Romney for a biographical series the newspaper published. By now, almost everyone knows the tale because, as Chris Cillizza put it, “Seamus is the dog who won’t die — politically, at least.” In 1983, the Romney family loaded up the family station wagon to drive from Boston to Ontario, strapping Seamus’ dog carrier — with Seamus inside — to the roof of the car. At some point on the trip, though, Seamus became ill (“he really had the runs” is how Ann Romney put it). Evidence of his sickness dripped down the window until the oldest Romney boy, Tagg, noticed it and yelled, “Dad! Gross!” Romney pulled into a nearby gas station, hosed down Seamus and the car, reinstated the dog in his carrier and strapped the carrier to the roof once more. In other words, he kept calm and carried on …

Plenty of Romney opponents have painted the episode as illustrative of Romney’s allegedly uncaring attitude — not just toward dogs, but toward everything. They’ve cited the Seamus story as evidence of Romney’s “otherness,” yet another way he’s out of touch with ordinary Americans.

But in the interview with Sawyer, Romney not only said he has been most wounded by attacks that include a mention of Seamus. Ann Romney also said Seamus “loved” trips atop the car.

“The dog loved it,” Ann Romney said. “He would see that crate and, you know, he would, like, go crazy because he was going with us on vacation.  It was to me a kinder thing to bring him along than to leave him in the kennel for two weeks.”

We’ll never know whether Ann Romney is right because, you see, dogs aren’t people and are unable to express themselves by more than an occasional bark or growl. It’s not, after all, as though Seamus himself told this story to The Boston Globe reporter five years ago, bravely speaking out after enduring a horrendous ordeal. No, one of the Romney sons revealed the story — and not in an attempt to injure his father’s chances at the presidency, but in an attempt to give voters a peek at the family dynamic.

The story of Romney and his dog is even more of an irrelevant distraction from the principal issues of the campaign than Hilary Rosen’s recent comments about stay-at-home Ann — but addressing the distractions isn’t stupid. All the little, insignificant issues add up to an understanding of the principles and priorities of the presidential candidates and of voters.

The Seamus story tells us less about Mitt Romney — it really doesn’t reveal anything new, as we already knew he’s a pragmatic person — than it does about us. When did animals become equivalent to people in the eyes of the American public, such that we couldn’t fathom treating our pets in any way other than the manner in which we treat our children? I appreciate that Romney gave priority seating to his children, that he clearly thinks human beings should take precedence over animals. That he’s wounded by the attacks tells us he cared about the dog — pets have a way of wriggling into our hearts, after all — but that he did what he did in 1983 tells us his focus was where it should have been, on ensuring a safe, comfortable drive for his family.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 8

After my dog rolls all over a dead animal, I’d like to tie him to the roof of a car and drive him around for a while. Air him out!

lorien1973 on April 17, 2012 at 1:23 PM

If there wasn’t enough room, he should have put the dog in a boarding kennel, not tortured it for hours.

angryed on April 17, 2012 at 1:25 PM

The story of Romney and his dog is even more of an irrelevant distraction from the principal issues of the campaign than Hilary Rosen’s recent comments about stay-at-home Ann — but addressing the distractions isn’t stupid. All the little, insignificant issues add up to an understanding of the principles and priorities of the presidential candidates and of voters.

Careful. It’s a stupid issue, but Tardasil was also a stupid issue, and it damaged Rick Perry. Just because it’s a stupid issue doesn’t mean it’s not a problem. I find it unlikely Ann Romney would be commenting on it if it wasn’t causing the campaign some problems.

Doomberg on April 17, 2012 at 1:26 PM

angryed on April 17, 2012 at 1:25 PM

Kennels are the worst. I’d never put an animal of mine in one.

lorien1973 on April 17, 2012 at 1:26 PM

Doomberg on April 17, 2012 at 1:26 PM

Tardasil hurt Bachmann.

Perry hurt Perry.

lorien1973 on April 17, 2012 at 1:26 PM

Did I miss something? Did Seamus die on that trip? Otherwise, who cares?

Zaggs on April 17, 2012 at 1:27 PM

In 1983, I’m pretty sure my parents were strapping me to the roof of the car. It wasn’t like today…no car seat safety standards :-)

DHChron on April 17, 2012 at 1:27 PM

because there isn’t anything more important to discuss

gatorboy on April 17, 2012 at 1:27 PM

Kennels are the worst. I’d never put an animal of mine in one.

lorien1973 on April 17, 2012 at 1:26 PM

You’d rather it tortured for 7 hours each way on top of a car in the dead of summer? The more high end kennels are fine. A man worth $300M could have afforded a very nice one. Or hire a kid to come to the home and feed the dogs while they were away. Anything but the brutality of what he did.

angryed on April 17, 2012 at 1:28 PM

So has the mean drunk bucket of botox located Hussein’s
HahahahWard records yet ?

burrata on April 17, 2012 at 1:28 PM

angryed on April 17, 2012 at 1:25 PM

please…faux outrage doesn’t suit you

DHChron on April 17, 2012 at 1:28 PM

Remember when “Seamus the dog” bailout out his billionaire cronies at Solyndra?

Remember when “Seamus the dog” shipped automatic weapons to Mexican drug lords?

Remember when “Seamus the dog” ran up the federal debt to $15 trillion?

tetriskid on April 17, 2012 at 1:28 PM

It’s nearly a universal: dogs like taking trips in cars. They also have a tendency to stick their heads out the window .. I doubt they would be doing that if it was “torture”.

RINO on April 17, 2012 at 1:28 PM

Did I miss something? Did Seamus die on that trip? Otherwise, who cares?

Zaggs on April 17, 2012 at 1:27 PM

Torturing animals is OK as long as they survive. I see.

angryed on April 17, 2012 at 1:29 PM

If riding in his carrier on top of the car was so torturous, why do dogs like to hang out the window when you take them for rides?

RebeccaH on April 17, 2012 at 1:29 PM

I still don’t understand the fuss. We put our dog in his large crate in the pickup bed for long trips as long as the weather is over 50 and under 90. He told me it’s kind of noisy but tolerable.

arnold ziffel on April 17, 2012 at 1:30 PM

“Here’s the leash, sir. I’m going back to get the rest of the carcass off the road.”

portlandon on April 17, 2012 at 1:30 PM

Angry Ed is now a member of PETA folks! watch the evolution and be amazed

DHChron on April 17, 2012 at 1:30 PM

Remember when “Seamus the dog” bailout out his billionaire cronies at Solyndra?

Remember when “Seamus the dog” shipped automatic weapons to Mexican drug lords?

Remember when “Seamus the dog” ran up the federal debt to $15 trillion?

tetriskid on April 17, 2012 at 1:28 PM

I remember when ” Seamus the dog” went to the prom with Holder

burrata on April 17, 2012 at 1:31 PM

When did animals become equivalent to people in the eyes of the American public

About 1994 or so.

forest on April 17, 2012 at 1:31 PM

I think what Romney did to the dog is pretty wretched. But it still pales compared to the callous vote Obama cast to let babies who survive an abortion to just die without medical treatment.

Bitter Clinger on April 17, 2012 at 1:31 PM

Torturing animals is OK as long as they survive. I see.

angryed

How is it tortured? You’re acting like it was a black metal box on top of the car, it wasn’t.

Zaggs on April 17, 2012 at 1:32 PM

angryed on April 17, 2012 at 1:28 PM

Chill out. Dog didn’t act tortured.

Dogs stick their heads out of the window while you drive at 80 mph. It’s less windy on the roof of a car than you’d probably guess.

lorien1973 on April 17, 2012 at 1:33 PM

That’s nothing.

When Barack Obama Barry Soetoro was living in Indonesia he ate dogs. That’s right. Barack Obama ate dogs.

But when he said dog tastes like pork — well — that’s when they kicked him and his Mother out of the country.

FlatFoot on April 17, 2012 at 1:33 PM

A phony War on Dogs from a Phony president

faraway on April 17, 2012 at 1:33 PM

Really, the Romney’s would be better served, if they never mentioned the dog ever again.

Rebar on April 17, 2012 at 1:33 PM

Dogs have ridden around in the back of pickup trucks for years. What a non-story.

NoDonkey on April 17, 2012 at 1:33 PM

Angry Ed is now a member of PETA folks! watch the evolution and be amazed

DHChron on April 17, 2012 at 1:30 PM

Angry Ed calls ASPCA whenever he sees a hillbilly with a dog in the bed of his truck.

Mitch Rapp on April 17, 2012 at 1:33 PM

portlandon on April 17, 2012 at 1:30 PM

Excellent reference. I was thinking of that the first time I heard the “Seamus the dog” story.

Bitter Clinger on April 17, 2012 at 1:33 PM

I love and respect my dog, far more than I do 99% of the people that I know, or have met.

She rides with me.

OhEssYouCowboys on April 17, 2012 at 1:33 PM

DHChron on April 17, 2012 at 1:27 PM

Memories :-) Hanging between the front seats talking to my parents…I would have been safer in a carrier on the roof!

GeorgieGirl9 on April 17, 2012 at 1:34 PM

Zaggs on April 17, 2012 at 1:32 PM

Would you ride in it?

angryed on April 17, 2012 at 1:34 PM

You do realize that livestock are regularly transported across the country in open air trailers, right?

And I’m not just talking about the ones going to slaughter either.

At the risk of sounding very uninformed, this is actually the first time I’m hearing this whole story; and I’m laughing my butt off!

CurtZHP on April 17, 2012 at 1:34 PM

Romney had his dog in a car carrier, Obama is an accessory to hundreds of murders in Mexico. Hmmmm, choices.

Zaggs on April 17, 2012 at 1:34 PM

Would you ride in it?

angryed

Long as I had water and you were in the car, yes.

Zaggs on April 17, 2012 at 1:34 PM

Longer than you’ve been alive, Tina. Some of them get abused or killed…just like children.

a capella on April 17, 2012 at 1:35 PM

Angry Ed is now a member of PETA folks! watch the evolution and be amazed

DHChron on April 17, 2012 at 1:30 PM

Continuing to be amazed, back to yesterday when he was pitching a fit over the Buffett Rule getting spiked.

Red Cloud on April 17, 2012 at 1:35 PM

And I’m not just talking about the ones going to slaughter either.

CurtZHP

I guess people who transport their prize horses in anything but a RV just love torturing their beloved steeds.

Zaggs on April 17, 2012 at 1:35 PM

One might even say Seamus loved the sh!t out of those trips!

:P

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on April 17, 2012 at 1:35 PM

In Texas, our dogs ride in the back of pick-ups.

They are FLUCKING DOGS…!!!

Some of you people are simply nuts.

Ragspierre on April 17, 2012 at 1:36 PM

In the meantime, Obama is using Bo for fundraising. In honor of his third anniversary of Bo being an Obama, there is a “Throw Bo a Bone” fundraiser. These people have no shame.

Happy Nomad on April 17, 2012 at 1:36 PM

Mitch Rapp on April 17, 2012 at 1:33 PM

Angry Ed calls ASPCA every time he sees Fido carelessly unrestrained, sticking his head out the window of the Camry.

DHChron on April 17, 2012 at 1:36 PM

GeorgieGirl9 on April 17, 2012 at 1:34 PM

lol. Standing or sitting in the front seat. Mom brakes hard and just puts her arm out. Did slip onto the floorboard once though.
I turned out kind of OK.

arnold ziffel on April 17, 2012 at 1:36 PM

The fact McMittens has to have his wife defending this means it’s not poll testing very well. If there is one thing that unites people regardless of politics is disgust at animal cruelty. Says so much that Mitt-tards are defending this action as no big deal.

angryed on April 17, 2012 at 1:37 PM

Dogs love riding in the back up pick-ups. Probably in the car carrier too. They like the wind. too bad that dog got the runs, but it’ll happen. Come to think of it, it’s a good thing it was in the passenger compartment.

forest on April 17, 2012 at 1:37 PM

There are photos of Obama’s dog BO approaching Obama in a way that looks to me like a beaten dog, very apprehensive with his tail buried between his legs. If the Liberals want to play this game, then I recommend that a Conservative group find an animal expert to analyze the photos of how frightened BO is around Obama and how the dog displays symptoms of a beaten dog.

OxyCon on April 17, 2012 at 1:37 PM

In Texas, our dogs ride in the back of pick-ups.

You know this is the worst place to put a human or animal, right?

Read about it. You can actually die back there cuz of lack of air circulation.

lorien1973 on April 17, 2012 at 1:37 PM

One might even say Seamus loved the sh!t out of those trips!

:P

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on April 17, 2012 at 1:35 PM

Thread winner!!!!!!

Bitter Clinger on April 17, 2012 at 1:37 PM

Well at least Obama uses a separate plane for Bo.

tim c on April 17, 2012 at 1:38 PM

angryed on April 17, 2012 at 1:25 PM

Speaking of being tortured for hours…

NotCoach on April 17, 2012 at 1:38 PM

In Texas, our dogs ride in the back of pick-ups.

They are FLUCKING DOGS…!!!

Some of you people are simply nuts.

Ragspierre on April 17, 2012 at 1:36 PM

You people are sick.

angryed on April 17, 2012 at 1:38 PM

angryed on April 17, 2012 at 1:37 PM

Can’t you rubes see he’s concerned?

thirtyandseven on April 17, 2012 at 1:38 PM

Gee, is there anything worth digging-up 29 years ago from Obama’s past that might give us insight to his character? Anything? Doesn’t matter the MSM wont do it anyway.

Aplombed on April 17, 2012 at 1:39 PM

angryed on April 17, 2012 at 1:37 PM

Whatever you say Johnny one-note.

NoDonkey on April 17, 2012 at 1:39 PM

He told me it’s kind of noisy but tolerable.

arnold ziffel on April 17, 2012 at 1:30 PM

LOL. High five!

a capella on April 17, 2012 at 1:39 PM

I don’t trust anybody who gets a dog, and doesn’t treat it like family. I can’t imagine treating my dog – she’s a shelter rescue dog – without love and respect.

She’s a companion, and we’ve walked for – literally – far in excess of 10,000 miles.

That’s how a dog should be treated.

OhEssYouCowboys on April 17, 2012 at 1:39 PM

angryed on April 17, 2012 at 1:34 PM

A few questions:
1) Do you believe that pet owners form a special bond and understanding of their own pets?
2) Did you know Seamus better than Mitt and Ann Romney?
3) Do dogs enjoy sticking their heads out the window, often for lengthy periods of time?
4) Should Mitt Romney be prosecuted for animal cruelty?
5) Should anyone who has ever let their dog stick their head out a car window, or put in the back of a pick-up truck or trailer, be prosecuted for animal cruelty?

Concise answers will do.

RINO on April 17, 2012 at 1:39 PM

please…faux outrage doesn’t suit you

DHChron on April 17, 2012 at 1:28 PM

He is falling apart.

VegasRick on April 17, 2012 at 1:39 PM

The key to this whole meme is a personality trait of most liberals; they engage in projection to a degree that some might consider to be extreme.

As long as the crate is securely fastened and the front is protected from the wind, the dog is just fine. It is no better or worse than animals riding in a trailer such as a cattle, hog, or chicken 18-wheeler trailer or rail car.

But the liberal engages in projection. They imagine strapping a PERSON on top of the car and so it becomes abominable or something. You can see this trait exhibited in all sorts of ways and the Democrat political leadership takes advantage of that.

People on the political right generally take a more analytical view of the situation and are more logic-driven. People to the left are more emotionally driven. The FAR left and right are both emotional, though. The more extreme you get either side the more emotionally driven the sample gets. The closer to center, the more logic comes into play but generally the left is more driven by emotion and more likely to engage in projection and self-loathing (I suck, therefore my race sucks, my culture sucks, my country sucks, my economic system sucks, my customs suck, etc.)

There is absolutely nothing cruel or inhumane or even unhealthy about putting the animal in a securely fastened crate on top of the vehicle.

crosspatch on April 17, 2012 at 1:39 PM

She rides with me.

OhEssYouCowboys on April 17, 2012 at 1:33 PM

Mine does too. Which is how I discovered my new car doesn’t like it when it thinks somebody just sat in the front passenger seat. The dog hopped from the back seat into front and suddenly the seat belt alert started going off!

Happy Nomad on April 17, 2012 at 1:39 PM

In 1983 people ‘owned pets’. Today they are ‘pet parents’. Applying current sensitivity to an event from 30 years ago is ridiculous.

BHO Jonestown on April 17, 2012 at 1:40 PM

GeorgieGirl9 on April 17, 2012 at 1:34 PM

hahahahahaha! true. Many a hilarious pileup against the windshield with my siblings in the old Dodge van.

DHChron on April 17, 2012 at 1:40 PM

This story cracks me up- This is all they have, folks. I say Romney’s sheer boringness is going to be his greatest asset. He has no skeletons, he is too boring for skeletons. If this is all the left has, he’s a shoe in.

Kristamatic on April 17, 2012 at 1:40 PM

Bull. Dogs want to be with people. Preferably in a lap, riding shotgun, window open.

Blake on April 17, 2012 at 1:40 PM

Aplombed on April 17, 2012 at 1:39 PM

Yeah, wasn’t that right about the time he was snorting a certain white substance?

Bitter Clinger on April 17, 2012 at 1:40 PM

Obama ATE DOGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hahahahahaahhaha

ahhahahahahahaha

What??????????????

faraway on April 17, 2012 at 1:41 PM

Doomberg on April 17, 2012 at 1:26 PM

Tardasil was damaging to Perry because of his executive order. Tardasil was damaging to Bachmann because…well. But Perry could have easily overcome that issue and won the nomination if he didn’t perform like a deer caught in the headlights during the debates.

NotCoach on April 17, 2012 at 1:41 PM

crosspatch on April 17, 2012 at 1:39 PM

True but what does it say about liberals that they are irate over strapping a dog crate to the top of a car and just as irate when anybody suggests that it is morally wrong to kill unborn life?

Happy Nomad on April 17, 2012 at 1:41 PM

I bet they fed that poor baby dog food, too. Sick!

Marcus on April 17, 2012 at 1:41 PM

Didn’t Obama partially grow up in a country that eats dogs?

gwelf on April 17, 2012 at 1:42 PM

I remember when ” Seamus the dog” went to the prom with Holder

burrata on April 17, 2012 at 1:31 PM

She had that “fun date” look even back then.

arnold ziffel on April 17, 2012 at 1:42 PM

Another thing that Angryed and his ilk seem to forget. 5 kids, 2 parents. Thats 7 people in the car already. Plus luggage. Where is the dog supposed to stay?

Zaggs on April 17, 2012 at 1:42 PM

Every time I hear this story, thanks Ann, I think of Willard as Clark W. Griswold tying Aunt Edna’s dog Dinky to his bumper.

Guy ought to go to jail!

james23 on April 17, 2012 at 1:43 PM

DHChron on April 17, 2012 at 1:27 PM

My brothers and I used to ride around in the back of a Jeep with the seat and soft cloth top removed and a plywood board placed across the back. No restraint and hanging on for dear life. Dad stopped doing that after I fell out in the grocery store parking lot…

NotCoach on April 17, 2012 at 1:43 PM

I don’t trust anybody who gets a dog, and doesn’t treat it like family. I can’t imagine treating my dog without love and respect.

I love and respect my dog.

As a FLUCKING DOG.

(Clue-bat: dogs are not people… SEE???)

Ragspierre on April 17, 2012 at 1:43 PM

angryed on April 17, 2012 at 1:28 PM

In which the paranoid ABR misfit manages to blend OWS with PETA to get an altogether strange brew. Nothing says “I’m really conservative” like the outrageous outrage of an OWS-PETA activist.

cicerone on April 17, 2012 at 1:44 PM

He is falling apart.

VegasRick on April 17, 2012 at 1:39 PM

I know…so sad. He was very promising…then the Romney Rage took over.

DHChron on April 17, 2012 at 1:44 PM

angryed on April 17, 2012 at 1:25 PM

We own a Tibetan Terrier who we think of as a member of our household. We went on vacation and put him in a well recommended kennel for 10 days. When he picked him up from the kennel he was, how should I put it, pissed off and stressed out. It took a few days for him to trust us again when we left him alone in our house when we had to go out.

Believe it ot not, after the real estate in Florida took a nose dive because of the Frank/Dodd housing crisis we decided to take adavantage of the prices there. We bought a $128,000 condo for $42,000 cash on a short sale. Our Tibetan now drives with us to Florida and he loves it – mostly because he also knows he has own place there. I don’t know who to thank more for our being able to buy the condo, our dog or the idiots who caused the housing crisis.

Cherokee on April 17, 2012 at 1:44 PM

Zaggs on April 17, 2012 at 1:42 PM

Zackly. At least he didn’t tie Aunt Edna to the roof.

james23 on April 17, 2012 at 1:44 PM

Didn’t Obama partially grow up in a country that eats dogs?

gwelf on April 17, 2012 at 1:42 PM

Now they just vote for him.

Progress.

NoDonkey on April 17, 2012 at 1:44 PM

angryed on April 17, 2012 at 1:37 PM
It isn’t a big deal. At all. It’s not even a deal.

Rusty Allen on April 17, 2012 at 1:44 PM

I think Romney’s response should be: “If Seamus were alive today I’m sure he would vote for me. But thanks to this Administration’s lax voting laws enforcement, I’m sure he will vote for my opponent.”

drocity on April 17, 2012 at 1:44 PM

He is falling apart.

VegasRick on April 17, 2012 at 1:39 PM

Maybe a two week stay at a high end kennel will fix him.

JPeterman on April 17, 2012 at 1:44 PM

He & his sons also rescued some people and their dog when their boat sank in 2003 — only 9 years ago.

Dark Star on April 17, 2012 at 1:45 PM

Kristamatic on April 17, 2012 at 1:40 PM

The bombshell drops in October – “Mitt Romney pulled Mary Smith’s pigtails in kindedgarten 50 years ago !!!!!!!!”

VegasRick on April 17, 2012 at 1:45 PM

Oh please, you people likening riding on top of the car to torture. Stop. It would be no different than letting a dog ride in the box of a pickup truck. No one would think anything about that. But it is much more dangerous because a dog can jump out of a pickup box. Saying that leaving a dog in a kennel where he can feel abandoned is more humane than letting him ride along with the family and take part in a vacation is just nuts.

When I went on vacation in a car with four brothers I would have been happy to ride in a carrier on top, if only to escape the emanations from the lactose intolerant one. 30 years later when the subject of traveling with family comes up there is always the mention of how we never got to use aircondtioning in our car because we always had to roll down the windows to air out.

Lily on April 17, 2012 at 1:45 PM

angryed on April 17, 2012 at 1:28 PM

Oh get off it, dude. You ever notice dogs love to stick their head out the window?

On a hot day, the dog would have probably like it. And kennels suck ass, and not in the good sense either.

Mitchell Heisman on April 17, 2012 at 1:45 PM

angryed on April 17, 2012 at 1:28 PM

I’ve had my dogs in the back of my pickup for years. They love it. And hunters have dogs exposed in the back of trailers ect… It’s not a big deal, my dogs have a great time being able to look around and smell the air. I think the descendents of wolves can handle it.

buckeyerich on April 17, 2012 at 1:45 PM

Wait….Obama ate a dog?

Is this confirmed?

If so….lolololol

PETA should LOVE that

corujodp on April 17, 2012 at 1:45 PM

You know this is the worst place to put a human or animal, right?
lorien1973 on April 17, 2012 at 1:37 PM

Seems to work just fine for the Taliban.

CorporatePiggy on April 17, 2012 at 1:45 PM

I love and respect my dog.

As a FLUCKING DOG.

(Clue-bat: dogs are not people… SEE???)

Ragspierre on April 17, 2012 at 1:43 PM

It’s a flukeing DOG people! It doesn’t need a seat belt or free birth control.

DHChron on April 17, 2012 at 1:45 PM

Note: The same year that the Romneys took Seamus on this trip, Barack Obama was (by his own admission) snorting cocaine.

Jon0815 on April 17, 2012 at 1:45 PM

DHChron on April 17, 2012 at 1:27 PM

Good times, good times!

Bmore on April 17, 2012 at 1:45 PM

NotCoach on April 17, 2012 at 1:41 PM

It is Gardasil. Beyond that, I’m not so sure that Perry would have made it all the way to the nomination had he performed better in the debates (and make no mistake that forgetting the three departments you want to get rid of is a biggie). How would Perry have unified the base? How would he overcome the inevitable comparison to GWB?

Happy Nomad on April 17, 2012 at 1:46 PM

How much do you want to bet after this “torture”, the dog bounded away with its tail wagging.

Mitchell Heisman on April 17, 2012 at 1:46 PM

That’s nothing.

FlatFoot on April 17, 2012 at 1:33 PM

I believe he said the sound of dog sizzling in the wok was “one of the prettiest sounds on Earth at sunset.”

HumpBot Salvation on April 17, 2012 at 1:46 PM

Didn’t Obama partially grow up in a country that eats dogs?

gwelf on April 17, 2012 at 1:42 PM

What, now he’s Mexican?

CorporatePiggy on April 17, 2012 at 1:46 PM

Next up: The Romneys discuss how much their cat Whiskers loves scuba diving

Lawdawg86 on April 17, 2012 at 1:47 PM

Obama ATE DOGS????

Obama ATE DOGS????

Obama ATE DOGS????

I bet women voters wont like that.

faraway on April 17, 2012 at 1:47 PM

Dad stopped doing that after I fell out in the grocery store parking lot…

NotCoach on April 17, 2012 at 1:43 PM