The obligatory “Hillary has a beer in Colombia” post

posted at 9:58 pm on April 16, 2012 by Allahpundit

The photos are here in case you missed them elsewhere, and here’s the obligatory pun-tastic New York Post cover. Two camps on this one: Team Gardiner, which thinks she’s an embarrassment for cutting loose publicly in a way no other SoS would, and Team Fleischer, which thinks everyone should mellow out about an adult having a drink with staffers after work. I’m on Team Fleischer. The problem with the “beneath the dignity of the office” argument, I think, is that, like it or not, she’s not just any Secretary of State. She’s Hillary!, the rare SoS whose political stature exceeds that of the office. The public will cut her slack on this that it wouldn’t cut, say, Warren Christopher because they know Christopher only through his official role whereas they’ve known Hillary as First Lady, Senator, presidential candidate, feminist icon, and now chief diplomat for 20 years. She’s familiar in a way few apparatchiks are so it’s easier to relate to the human side of her. Frankly, I don’t even think of her as taking official trips when she’s jetting off to see some foreign leader in Europe or the Middle East or South America or wherever. She and Bill have known all of those people for years and could get a meeting with them even without the State Department’s imprimatur. Go figure that she thinks she’ll get a little slack for a half hour of light partying in Colombia.

If you want to feel embarrassed about a diplomatic gaffe — assuming the pathetic Secret Service scandal hasn’t already given you your fill — here’s O trying to talk about the Falklands. Emphasis on “trying”:

President Obama erred during a speech at the Summit of the Americas in Cartagena, Colombia, when attempting to call the disputed archipelago by its Spanish name.

Instead of saying Malvinas, however, Mr Obama referred to the islands as the Maldives, a group of 26 atolls off that lie off the South coast of India…

Cristina Kirchner, the Argentine president, has renewed her country’s sovereignty claim to the Falklands in the build-up to the 30th anniversary of the Argentine invasion of the islands, which triggered the Falklands War, on April 2…

“This is something in which we would not typically intervene,” he said, adding that there should be dialogue between the UK and Argentina even though the Coalition refuses to negotiate sovereignty of the Falklands with Mrs Kirchner’s government.

Never mind the silly error in confusing the names. Why is O encouraging Argentina’s irredentism by using the Argentinian name for the islands and specifying that the U.S. won’t take sides? Isn’t the “special relationship” special once again? What about the basketball game?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Hilary….
Trying to get….

Well…

Electrongod on April 16, 2012 at 9:59 PM

Fluked!

Electrongod on April 16, 2012 at 10:00 PM

Party Girl

Kini on April 16, 2012 at 10:00 PM

“Never mind the silly confusing of Malvinas and Maldives

Why, sure! We’re only reminded he’s a Harvard Scholar and Professor of Magnificence on a daily basis. Let’s call it silly and put it on ignore like they would with “W”.

Marcus on April 16, 2012 at 10:02 PM

If I had to work for Hussein I’d drink a lot too.

wildcat72 on April 16, 2012 at 10:02 PM

I’m certainly no fan of the Clinton’s but this is nothing. Having to explain Obumbas’ Smart Power and clean up after His numerous gaffes…she deserves a beer with her staff.

Dingbat63 on April 16, 2012 at 10:03 PM

Much ado about nothing.

GOPRanknFile on April 16, 2012 at 10:03 PM

Zerobama has nearly driven me to drink. I’ll give her a pass on this.

SouthernGent on April 16, 2012 at 10:03 PM

Eh, chill out. It’s just a damn beer. If Barry’s allowed to plow through 2 packs a day, Hillary should be allowed a cold one every now and then.

Good Solid B-Plus on April 16, 2012 at 10:04 PM

You know what they say about girls and mas cerveza!
Gafas De Cerveza!

Kini on April 16, 2012 at 10:04 PM

Dingbat63 on April 16, 2012 at 10:03 PM

Agreed. My only problem is that she’s still only into the beer. Were I Dumbo’s SoS, I’d be well into the hard liquor by now.

Good Solid B-Plus on April 16, 2012 at 10:05 PM

the rare SoS whose political stature exceeds that of the office.

Oh, right. I forgot; Clinton is such a creamy dish.

Or she is if you’re from New York, I guess.

jaime on April 16, 2012 at 10:06 PM

Oh, I’m sure some Tequila belly shots pics of Hillary are floating around somewhere

Kini on April 16, 2012 at 10:08 PM

I dont begrudge her the fun. Look at her marriage, look who her own party preferred to her, after all she did and took for them. You would drink too.

Valkyriepundit on April 16, 2012 at 10:08 PM

not only did he insult the British but he made himself look stupid in the process

golembythehudson on April 16, 2012 at 10:08 PM

I want to party with Madeleine Albright.

Mark1971 on April 16, 2012 at 10:08 PM

Bah, it isn’t like she was getting hammered or anything before going into sensitive negotiations- we know those aren’t happening as Obama is waiting until he can be more “flexible” anyway so why not go out on occasion.

Though as an aside there isn’t enough beer on either American continent to give anyone beer goggles enough to take her home so there isn’t a security risk involved either.

Betenoire on April 16, 2012 at 10:09 PM

Did you see this story released tonight about the GSA guy taking the fifth over and over today? The interesting part is when the feds got to him about a “party” in his “luxury penthouse suite” and he kept saying over and over “It was an awards ceremony! It was an awards ceremony!”

Greta covered that last night: the taxpayers are paying for any government body that throws itself awards ceremonies. Perfectly legal. And ridiculous.

Marcus on April 16, 2012 at 10:09 PM

Where were they? Colombia? Show me some pictures of Hillary enjoying some native Colombian llello and then I’ll be shocked.

cynccook on April 16, 2012 at 10:10 PM

She’s the next “most interesting man in the world”!

English Springer on April 16, 2012 at 10:10 PM

Oh, right. I forgot; Clinton is such a creamy dish.

Or she is if you’re from New York, I guess.

jaime on April 16, 2012 at 10:06 PM

Owwww.

cynccook on April 16, 2012 at 10:10 PM

I wonder if HilRod was dancing with Katie Couric….Haha!!

canopfor on April 16, 2012 at 10:10 PM

Didn’t she say she was done with politics after this term? Can we hold her to that?

Wagthatdog on April 16, 2012 at 10:12 PM

Not a big deal…

… Just another online video to watch when I can’t afford to take a vacation this year.

Seven Percent Solution on April 16, 2012 at 10:14 PM

If I had to work for Hussein I’d drink a lot too.

wildcat72 on April 16, 2012 at 10:02 PM

I…personally….wouldn’t work for Hussein…

But that is just me..

Electrongod on April 16, 2012 at 10:14 PM

Please excuse me while I indulge in some petty childishness. Why does our idiot president go to great lengths to roll his r’s and develop the local pronunciations of foreign cities but he can’t get Medal of Honor recipients names correct or even say corpsman?

Cindy Munford on April 16, 2012 at 10:14 PM

Is that Weiner’s wife with her?

Honest Debate on April 16, 2012 at 10:15 PM

Hillary is working on the “warm-blooded human being capable of positive emotion” angle for her 2016 run.

I do not believe the rumors that 0bama is going to boot Crazy Joe and put Hillary on the 2012 ticket as Veep. Barry is not bright, but he knows he doesn’t want the camel that far inside the tent.

MidniteRambler on April 16, 2012 at 10:15 PM

If the Republic of Maldives doesn’t denounce its sovereignty and place itself under Argentinian jurisdiction immediately, it can only be because they are raaaaacist.

malclave on April 16, 2012 at 10:17 PM

Not a big deal…

Seven Percent Solution on April 16, 2012 at 10:14 PM

I am watching it for the fifth time…

Vacation is for the Obamas…

Electrongod on April 16, 2012 at 10:17 PM

Never mind the silly confusing of Malvinas and Maldives

It’s TOTUS’ fault!

Or Bush’s. Take your pick.

MidniteRambler on April 16, 2012 at 10:18 PM

Obama Sr. was a legless drunk. Obama Jr. is a substance abuser. Hillary drinks to forget.

BHO Jonestown on April 16, 2012 at 10:18 PM

Cindy Munford on April 16, 2012 at 10:14 PM

Foreigners are important. U.S. servicemembers, though, are just props for photo ops.

malclave on April 16, 2012 at 10:18 PM

If you had been forced to spend 3 years saying “Yes, Mr. President” to the criminal whose campaign had engaged in massive voter fraud to deny you the nomination you’d be drinking too.

Nom de Boom on April 16, 2012 at 10:19 PM

Me thinks,Team 0,has been Partying Hardy ever since
Inaugration Day!!

canopfor on April 16, 2012 at 10:19 PM

How do you say “gaffe” in Argentinian?

Mark1971 on April 16, 2012 at 10:20 PM

Good Solid B-Plus on April 16, 2012 at 10:05 PM

FOX reported it was beer AND whiskey…

lovingmyUSA on April 16, 2012 at 10:20 PM

Wow!!..Get ready for all the stories about dodging sniper fire..:)

Dire Straits on April 16, 2012 at 10:21 PM

Valkyriepundit on April 16, 2012 at 10:08 PM

That I would. Decades of marriage to an adulterous goon who I’d be afraid to divorce, being cast aside for a Kenyan village idiot in a Presidential election, and much more…after a long history of loyalty to my political party?

I’d be pounding back so many ginger beers the brewing company would send me Christmas cards.

MelonCollie on April 16, 2012 at 10:22 PM

Me thinks,Team 0,has been Partying Hardy ever since
Inaugration Day!!

canopfor on April 16, 2012 at 10:19 PM

Which highlights when he didn’t have to pay the cost of those parties…

Electrongod on April 16, 2012 at 10:22 PM

How do you say “gaffe” in Argentinian?

Mark1971 on April 16, 2012 at 10:20 PM

Obama

It’s universal..

Electrongod on April 16, 2012 at 10:23 PM

Cindy Munford on April 16, 2012 at 10:14 PM

I don’t think it’s even a little childish to point this out. He’s a lazy, arrogant dilettante who fancies himself a great statesman. It reveals his priorities when he shows so little care for CMOH recipients, yet so much care for his own appearance. He’s clearly preening.

Nom de Boom on April 16, 2012 at 10:23 PM

Owwww.

cynccook on April 16, 2012 at 10:10 PM

I hope AP doesn’t take it personally.

jaime on April 16, 2012 at 10:23 PM

She’s employed… so why not have a little fun if you can afford to do so?

Too bad the average American woman who wants to work for a living can’t do the same… since they are having such a tough time getting employed with her boss in charge.

But they are in touch with average American’s… just ask them and they will tell you so.

Hog Wild on April 16, 2012 at 10:24 PM

…heard she was buying shots for Secret Service guys…

M240H on April 16, 2012 at 10:24 PM

Hey, I’m not a Hilary fan, but I can’t blame her for having a couple beers and enjoying herself during an evening, considering the hard work she does making the USA irrelevant in the global community.

Give the girl a break, she’s enjoying being away from Bill, who could blame her?

I guess that probably goes both ways.

ccrosby on April 16, 2012 at 10:24 PM

That’s because he was thinking about Mooch’s next vacation !!

burrata on April 16, 2012 at 10:24 PM

I know this is a joke but I got a chuckle anyway

FLconservative on April 16, 2012 at 10:25 PM

I think that if you put aside Hillary’s socialist politics, she
would be a fun gal to party with!!!!

Amjean on April 16, 2012 at 10:25 PM

She reminds me of the Dos Equis guy.

diogenes on April 16, 2012 at 10:26 PM

I’ll bet it makes her wistful for the brawny old days of slamming back Boilermakers with the old love triangle… Donna Shalala and Janet Reno….

viking01 on April 16, 2012 at 10:27 PM

I think that if you put aside Hillary’s socialist politics, she
would be a fun gal to party with!!!!

Amjean on April 16, 2012 at 10:25 PM

Yeah, no.

Nom de Boom on April 16, 2012 at 10:27 PM

golembythehudson on April 16, 2012 at 10:08 PM
****************************************************

Par for the course for Scooter. Unless, he’s on a golf course, then it’s a triple bogey on a good hole.

ljmesq on April 16, 2012 at 10:31 PM

I…personally….wouldn’t work for Hussein…

But that is just me..

Electrongod on April 16, 2012 at 10:14 PM

I’d not want to. But I’d take a job, ANY job, even SoS under this Regime than do nothing and collect a check…

Of course Barry Soetoro wouldn’t want ME as SoS… I’d be more like John Bolton.

wildcat72 on April 16, 2012 at 10:31 PM

Nom de Boom on April 16, 2012 at 10:27 PM
Cool video, I remember Glenn Beck. He was on TV when I was in college.

Rusty Allen on April 16, 2012 at 10:31 PM

The prez may have said the wrong thing but he did say it in fluent Maldivian.

AltTuning on April 16, 2012 at 10:31 PM

Wagthatdog on April 16, 2012 at 10:12 PM

I expect she will take stock and decide that she has nothing else in her life but politics. That’s why lifetime pols can’t quit.

slickwillie2001 on April 16, 2012 at 10:32 PM

Ah, the wonderful world of lowered expectations and societal devolution has thoroughly taken hold.

Overlooked here to start with is that this woman is no more qualified to be secretary of state than she was to be a US Senator.

Her ‘qualifications’ consisted being a national political celebrity via being Bill Clinton’s wife.

Dr. Carlo Lombardi on April 16, 2012 at 10:33 PM

C’mon, he hates the English. That has been pretty apparent since he sent back the bust of Winston Churchill. He has to mouth that “special relationship” crap because even in his bubble he understands that he is in a very small minority of Americans who hate them. But outside of lip service, he does whatever he can insult and undercut them.

novaculus on April 16, 2012 at 10:34 PM

Kini on April 16, 2012 at 10:08 PM

This

I know this is a joke but I got a chuckle anyway. http://hahajk.com/politics/hillary-clinton-enjoys-body-shot-off-of-younger-aides-firm-tan-stomach-photo/

FLconservative on April 16, 2012 at 10:25 PM

FLconservative on April 16, 2012 at 10:36 PM

She’s a nasty drunk and has been for a long time. No telling how much info she has spilled whilst being plied with alcohol for info.

Karmi on April 16, 2012 at 10:37 PM

The prez may have said the wrong thing but he did say it in fluent Maldivian.

AltTuning on April 16, 2012 at 10:31 PM

I’m sure when OblahBlah will visit Holland for Mooch’s next vacation,
he will talk to the natives in their national language —Hollandaise

burrata on April 16, 2012 at 10:37 PM

So 11 Secret Service Agents doing some Fast and Furious research were taken off duty and brought home for re-education camps, but the Secretary of State can get soused and act like a Lesbian Fluke and that doesn’t reflect badly on the US and the SCOAMF?

Maybe the Fast and Furious investigators were getting to close to something OBlahBLah and office Holder know nothing about, not street walking , gun walking fastly and furiously!

ConcealedKerry on April 16, 2012 at 10:38 PM

Cool video, I remember Glenn Beck. He was on TV when I was in college.

Rusty Allen on April 16, 2012 at 10:31 PM

Shorta mo’ betta?

Nom de Boom on April 16, 2012 at 10:39 PM

Horse hockey!

Cindy Munford on April 16, 2012 at 10:41 PM

Dr. Carlo Lombardi on April 16, 2012 at 10:33 PM

A little more than that I am afraid. This was written in 2007 and IMO is applicable today as it was 5 years ago. Especially about Rush.

FLconservative on April 16, 2012 at 10:41 PM

Nom de Boom on April 16, 2012 at 10:39 PM
Yeah, that’s pretty bad.

Rusty Allen on April 16, 2012 at 10:44 PM

No, we’d rather see Hillary throwing down a beer or two, than Warren Christopher, the poster boy of funeral directors, sipping a glass of prune juice.

TXUS on April 16, 2012 at 10:49 PM

Her ‘qualifications’ consisted being a national political celebrity via being Bill Clinton’s Monica Lewinskis’ boyfriends wife.

Dr. Carlo Lombardi on April 16, 2012 at 10:33 PM

Fixed dat!

ConcealedKerry on April 16, 2012 at 10:49 PM

Someone should tell her she has it backwards–if she wants to get lucky, the guy’s supposed to have the beer goggles.

Thomas More on April 16, 2012 at 10:53 PM

Cindy Munford on April 16, 2012 at 10:14 PM

I dunno, prolly ’cause he is by far many orders of magnitude the biggest rectal orifice to occupy the White House. This ‘pettiness; actually strikes to the heart of what kind of hideous person Barry is. I bet if he actually knew, he’d feel quite ashamed.

RavingLunatic on April 16, 2012 at 10:56 PM

After three years of Baiter Barrack and Mooch…it’s getting that I don’t detest Billary any more!

KOOLAID2 on April 16, 2012 at 11:05 PM

novaculus on April 16, 2012 at 10:34 PM

Yeah, something to do with the treatment of his father and grandfather in Kenya that he barely knew. Funny that we were always told that President George W. Bush had ‘father issues’ but little Bammie is way more f’d up in that regard than any other president in modern history.

slickwillie2001 on April 16, 2012 at 11:07 PM

Pretty much all lawyers drink. And most politicians are lawyers. Anyone surprised by a politician having a drink would be surprised that the Sun is bright.

MrX on April 16, 2012 at 11:10 PM

To me the shocking thing is that she is having a few, and dancing… but that she seems to be leaning Right

And as disgusting a thought as it is, I can’t help wondering where that smirky guy behind her has his fingers.

LegendHasIt on April 16, 2012 at 11:12 PM

“Maldives” instead of “Malvinas”. “57 states” “corpseman”. Kind of devalues a Harvard education, doesn’t it?

tngmv on April 16, 2012 at 11:12 PM

DOH! The shocking thing to me is NOT that she is having a few, but…

LegendHasIt on April 16, 2012 at 11:13 PM

I don’t mind Hillary having a drink. As long as she’s not the one behind the wheel.

Jim Treacher on April 16, 2012 at 11:14 PM

Surprisingly, everyone scattered like flies when she said she’d like “another Foster’s.”

viking01 on April 16, 2012 at 11:27 PM

As long as she’s not the one behind the wheel.

Jim Treacher on April 16, 2012 at 11:14 PM

I’m sure she doesn’t know how to drive .
She doesn’t even know how to get herself some coffee from a machine

burrata on April 16, 2012 at 11:28 PM

Cindy Munford on April 16, 2012 at 10:14 PM

Your rhetorical question, of course, suggests the obvious answer, making your point. He has utter disdain for this country and its institutions and traditions, and a sycophantic slant toward anything not-USA.

Why else does he insult and undermine our allies (Israel, Great Britain, Eastern Europe) while also promoting or giving free berth to our enemies (Russia, China, Iran, the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt, Assad in Syria, etc.)?

When I do business in other countries, where I can speak their language proficiently, I try do so, as a matter of respect. But, when speaking in English in these countries, the language of business everywhere, I will not insult them by going local, it is the ultimate disrespect, and they see it as so as well.

What Obama did down there, rolling his Rs and correctly pronouncing the city Cartagena, would work with the Columbianos and others in SA, but for the fact they know it’s what his handlers have taught him to say and, as they know, he can’t speak Spanish. They see him, as do we, as nothing but a fraud.

TXUS on April 16, 2012 at 11:28 PM

Jim Treacher on April 16, 2012 at 11:14 PM

What? Would you rather she was in front?

Just kidding Secret Service, oh wait, I’ll bet they’re busy…

ccrosby on April 16, 2012 at 11:29 PM

The obligatory “Hillary has a beer in Colombia” post

I gotta say between the Secret Service renting out a score of $47 hookers and Hillary getting caught doing bar shots you would think this is a GSA convention.

The fact of the matter is the summit itself was a complete failure for the United States. These distractions along with the stupid statement that Barak was scoping out future vacations for his grifter wife and siding with Argentina over the Falklands are just that- distractions.

These people do not want you to know just how much less respect the United States has in the world after three years of this jug-eared socialist and his inept administration.

And one final comment about Hillary as party girl. This is a good “Who’d you rather moment.” Hillary Clinton or Madeline Allbright (and just how thick the beer goggles would have to be for either).

Happy Nomad on April 16, 2012 at 11:35 PM

FLconservative on April 16, 2012 at 10:25 PM

Hillary’s Fuzzy Navel!

Kini on April 16, 2012 at 11:36 PM

TXUS on April 16, 2012 at 11:28 PM

Not entirely true. He was not speaking to those who live in Columbia, he was speaking to all the legal and illegal South Americans on voting rolls here in the United States. Keep in mind this is the same bastard who went on Univision’s radio program the Saturday before the Tuesday for the 2010 election and called the GOP the enemy who needs to be punished. This was more of the same message.

Happy Nomad on April 16, 2012 at 11:39 PM

Happy Nomad on April 16, 2012 at 11:39 PM

I realize that, too, and even the illegals here know he’s a fraud, but they don’t care. To them he’s a meal ticket, and when you’re in that mindset, what’s a little fraud here or there? Especially when it’s to your own benefit. This is where Misery meets Evil, Evil almost always winning that game of chance.

TXUS on April 16, 2012 at 11:58 PM

Getting drunk and partying with your 12 female staffers…

Haha. Take that Bill.

bitsy on April 17, 2012 at 12:04 AM

I am ashamed she had so little to be quiet honest.

ArkyDore on April 17, 2012 at 12:13 AM

TXUS on April 16, 2012 at 11:28 PM

I wonder how his pronunciation is in Austrian :-)…

jimver on April 17, 2012 at 12:37 AM

I am ashamed she had so little to be quiet honest.
ArkyDore on April 17, 2012 at 12:13 AM

Perhaps so. You, if that sentence can be taken as an indicator, seem to have had a few more.
;-)

LegendHasIt on April 17, 2012 at 12:42 AM

Hillary sucks a tad less than Obama is maybe all I can say.

And he sucks a lot.

Way.

Sherman1864 on April 17, 2012 at 12:47 AM

Sherman1864 on April 17, 2012 at 12:47 AM

Sucks and blows at the same time…

ghostwalker1 on April 17, 2012 at 12:55 AM

Hey Hillary….show us your Ti….Urp..never mind….

glcinpdx on April 17, 2012 at 12:57 AM

Jim Treacher on April 16, 2012 at 11:14 PM

As you well know she has lackeys to run over pedestrians.

Cindy Munford on April 17, 2012 at 1:05 AM

TXUS on April 16, 2012 at 11:28 PM

I wonder how they do that on TOTUS

Cindy Munford on April 17, 2012 at 1:07 AM

tngmv on April 16, 2012 at 11:12 PM

I’m wondering if Harvard is where he learned all that.

stukinIL4now on April 17, 2012 at 1:40 AM

I’m old enough to remember Henry Kissinger’s very public playboy days. This is a big, big NOTHING.

wbcoleman on April 17, 2012 at 1:43 AM

If Warren Christopher were spotted swigging a beer and dancing the night away in a bar in Cartagena, that would be quite the story, seeing as how he died last year.

(A heartless, cynical bastard might then respond: “But, how do you tell the difference between a living Warren Christopher and a dead Warren Christopher?” I’m glad I’m not heartless and cynical like that).

Hayabusa on April 17, 2012 at 1:53 AM

Zombie Warren Christopher 2016!

Hayabusa on April 17, 2012 at 1:55 AM