Quotes of the day

posted at 10:34 pm on April 16, 2012 by Allahpundit

“Mitt Romney went well beyond his standard stump speech at a closed-door fundraiser on Sunday evening, and offered some of the most specific details to date about the policies he would pursue if elected…

“‘I’m going to take a lot of departments in Washington, and agencies, and combine them. Some eliminate, but I’m probably not going to lay out just exactly which ones are going to go,’ Romney said. ‘Things like Housing and Urban Development, which my dad was head of, that might not be around later. But I’m not going to actually go through these one by one. What I can tell you is, we’ve got far too many bureaucrats. I will send a lot of what happens in Washington back to the states.’…

“Romney said the GOP must offer its own policies to woo Hispanics, including a ‘Republican DREAM Act,’ referring to the legislative proposal favored by Democrats that would offer illegal immigrants a limited path to citizenship, to give Hispanic voters a real choice between parties…

“He said his campaign had been well-covered by Fox News, but that Fox was watched by ‘the true believers,’ and that he knew he would have to reach out to a broader audience in order to win over independents and women voters that will decide the election in November. He painted a picture of a media landscape in which liberal voices won out on television, but conservatives were strongest online.”

***

“[N]ow that the former Massachusetts governor is the likely GOP nominee, many Republicans think that the standoffish candidate actually needs to embrace his Mormonism publicly to open a window into his life…

“Nance maintains that if voters could see Romney worshiping, and observe him as a leader of his church, it could go a long way in helping people connect with him. ‘His religion isn’t the issue- he’s the issue,’ says Nance. ‘At some point you need to be honest about who you are. He has an authenticity problem. People don’t get him. They don’t feel that they know the guy.’…

“Bruce Merrill, a senior research fellow at the Morrison Institute at Arizona State University who was raised a Mormon, believes that the key to Romney’s success in the general election may lie in his being as specific and as open as possible about his faith. ‘It’s who Romney is and he can’t really be himself without showing who he is,’ says Merrill. ‘It’s more than a religion- it’s a subculture, a way of life. Mormons socialize together, they do business together, and they raise families together. [Avoiding it publicly] just perpetuates the view that he’s distant.’”

***

“As Congress was set to reconvene on Monday, House Republicans said Mr. Romney could go his own way on smaller issues that may help define him as separate from his Congressional Republican counterparts. But, they said, he must understand that they are driving the policy agenda for the party now.

“Still, party leaders insist that House Republicans and Mr. Romney are united on issues that matter most. ‘On the big issues — spending, taxes, what we do with the deficit — I just don’t see much difference,’ said Representative Tom Cole of Oklahoma, a member of the Republican leadership, ‘and more importantly, I don’t see an escape.’”

***

“But where Romney is different is that he is not honest about himself. He could, as he did just recently, stand before the National Rifle Association as if he were, in spirit as well as membership, one of them. In body language, in the blinking of the eyes, in the nonexistent pounding pulse, there was not the tiniest suggestion that here was a man who just as confidently once embodied the anti-gun ethic of Massachusetts, the distant land he once governed. Instead, he tore into Obama for the (nonexistent) threat the president posed to Second Amendment rights — a false accusation from a false champion.

“A marathon of debates and an eon of campaigning have toughened and honed Romney. He commands the heights of great assurance, and he knows, as some of us learn too late in life, that the truth is not always a moral obligation but sometimes merely what works. He often cites his business background as commending him for the presidency. That’s his forgivable absurdity. Instead, what his career has given him is the businessman’s concept of self — that what he does is not who he is. This is what enables the slumlord to be a charitable man. This is what enables the corporate raider to endow his university. Business is business. It’s what you do. It is not who you are. Lying isn’t a sin. It’s a business plan.”

***

“Seamus, Mitt Romney’s Irish setter who traveled with his young family strapped to the roof of their station wagon, ‘loved’ those trips, despite once getting ill, Ann Romney told ABC’s Diane Sawyer in an exclusive interview…

“‘The dog loved it,’ Ann Romney said. ‘He would see that crate and, you know, he would, like, go crazy because he was going with us on vacation. It was to me a kinder thing to bring him along than to leave him in the kennel for two weeks.’

“Adding to the left’s narrative that Romney had little compassion for the animal is a detail from the 1983 trip that Ann Romney confirmed to Sawyer. The dog became sick, defecating all over itself and the windshield of the car, leading Romney to hose them both off before they continued on the drive to Canada.”

***

***

Click the image to listen.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5

“‘We’re not a cheerleading squad,’ said Representative Jeff Landry, an outspoken freshman from Louisiana. ‘We’re the conductor. We’re supposed to drive the train.’…

Fools. Throw them all out in Nov.

Schadenfreude on April 17, 2012 at 12:35 AM

The way he still attacks the almost certain Republican nominee, yes, he is de facto an Obama supporter.

VorDaj on April 17, 2012 at 12:09 AM

Guess you’d rather we not criticize or hold their feet to the fire as long as they have that “R” next to their names.

People like YOU are the PROBLEM.

LevinFan on April 17, 2012 at 12:36 AM

VorDaj on April 17, 2012 at 12:27 AM

Well, anything less than outrage and you’re either not paying attention or you’ve grown accustomed to being in servitude.

Cleombrotus on April 17, 2012 at 12:36 AM

de rigueur on April 17, 2012 at 12:32 AM

The music dream has lasted longer than for most people (more fun than real work) and technology has really changed the business. Hopefully he can now dabble and have a real life. Lots and lots of equipment around here.

Cindy Munford on April 17, 2012 at 12:37 AM

Cindy Munford on April 17, 2012 at 12:34 AM

I think the music has a broader appeal then the video portion. Sorry I should have been clearer. Do the fellows have a decent amount of material? With a sound that not only differentiates them but is sort of a signature sound ? Identifiable when heard. Or are they still developing their potential? I’m curious because I know a very good A&R man.

Bmore on April 17, 2012 at 12:38 AM

It’s great that he actually wants to fight for the job. The question is whether he’ll fight for our freedom when he’s elected.

Put your pom poms down. A pitchfork is more effective.

beatcanvas on April 17, 2012 at 12:22 AM

Well said my friend.

Politics is often about voting for the lesser of two evils. Or in this case as they say on South Park between a “Douche and a Turd Sandwich”.

I’ll vote for Mittens and support his RINO a$$ and I’ll be waiting with a pitchfork in my hand once he takes office.

LevinFan on April 17, 2012 at 12:39 AM

Schadenfreude on April 17, 2012 at 12:35 AM

He’s a freshman, I like it that he hasn’t decided to cowtow to the party line. Maybe they will actually do something or stop doing something (spending).

Cindy Munford on April 17, 2012 at 12:39 AM

Why does Diane Sawyer not get fired for drinking or doping, or just for being dopey?

————
On Mitt, here comes Amnesty.

Schadenfreude on April 17, 2012 at 12:39 AM

I can’t wait for all you “Oh, so enraged at amnesty” crowd to argue for Mitt.

Schadenfreude on April 17, 2012 at 12:41 AM

Gohawgs on April 17, 2012 at 12:31 AM

LoLz..I see by the sidebar that the jokes are coming fast..:)

Dire Straits on April 17, 2012 at 12:41 AM

Rmoney™ = Big Little Government?

Bmore on April 17, 2012 at 12:42 AM

Bmore on April 17, 2012 at 12:38 AM

They were just signed by a small independent label, I don’t know what they have. The other video they did (before my son joined) I think I linked before. I actually liked it better but it was still horror show genre. No happy tunes for most of these groups.

Cindy Munford on April 17, 2012 at 12:43 AM

Rmoney™ = Big Little Government?

Bmore on April 17, 2012 at 12:42 AM

The ‘love’ will hail upon you. I can’t wait to see the pro-Mitt arguments, by the staunch anti-immigration HA dogs.

Schadenfreude on April 17, 2012 at 12:44 AM

Dire Straits on April 17, 2012 at 12:35 AM

Thanks, I think it will be just enough for the exhibitionist in him.

Cindy Munford on April 17, 2012 at 12:44 AM

Cindy Munford on April 17, 2012 at 12:43 AM

Well keep posting the stuff they do. As they progress maybe we can get my friend to give them a tumble. He is always looking for his next.

Bmore on April 17, 2012 at 12:45 AM

a capella on April 17, 2012 at 12:17 AM

That’s so, but the WaPo guy is redefining truth in terms of pragmatism rather than morality. He’s voiding the word of its meaning, and it’s despicable.

Cindy Munford on April 17, 2012 at 12:21 AM

Exactly. That’s why we need to follow beatcanvas’ advice:

A pitchfork is more effective.

beatcanvas on April 17, 2012 at 12:22 AM

INC on April 17, 2012 at 12:45 AM

Schadenfreude on April 17, 2012 at 12:44 AM

So far they do not enjoy me. I take that as a good thing.

Bmore on April 17, 2012 at 12:46 AM

de rigueur on April 17, 2012 at 12:31 AM

I have two 6 month old puppies and when the ride in the crate they get sick every half mile. Better out of the crate. I hope they will outgrow it.

Cindy Munford on April 17, 2012 at 12:46 AM

And here’s an early example of what we’ll see big time thru Nov

‘progressives’ storming a Romney event….or as one NRO commenter said:

It will be ugly, ugly, ugly in the summertime.

esp. if Mitt ever really gets/maintains a solid lead.

It didn’t work out that well for the Left in 1968 when they rioted at the DNC convention…but that was a long time ago

r keller on April 17, 2012 at 12:48 AM

Schadenfreude on April 17, 2012 at 12:41 AM

I expect to see something more along the lines of the Mittens telling us why Romney’s amnesty is different from everyone else’s and therefore fine.

INC on April 17, 2012 at 12:48 AM

Cindy Munford on April 17, 2012 at 12:37 AM

Yes, he can. It’s the case in the largest urban areas, and on the Left Coast it’s a Way of Life. Everyone dabbles and has a real life. Or vice versa. I just finished working on a political campaign with a PR guy who was also the bassist for the soccermoms. (Only one truly awful video or I’d link them.)

de rigueur on April 17, 2012 at 12:49 AM

Schadenfreude

There is an interesting bit of trolling going on here.

Bmore on April 17, 2012 at 12:49 AM

Not sure why any of us should care what Levin thinks about anything, the average Republican voter certainly doesn’t.

AYNBLAND on April 16, 2012 at 10:48 PM

Levin is one of the best constitutional lawyers the land has, and a very good Reagan man.

I can’t wait for you Mitt adherents, who really hate amnesty, to come here and argue for your prince.

Schadenfreude on April 17, 2012 at 12:50 AM

INC on April 17, 2012 at 12:45 AM

May we never shut up!!!! If they are going to keep giving us these uninspiring candidates, at least let them be trainable.

Cindy Munford on April 17, 2012 at 12:50 AM

Cindy Munford on April 17, 2012 at 12:44 AM

I hear you..Does Mr. Munford like to go see the band play?..:)

Dire Straits on April 17, 2012 at 12:52 AM

Bmore on April 17, 2012 at 12:49 AM

I’m too tired to go through all that. I avoided it altogether.

Schadenfreude on April 17, 2012 at 12:52 AM

Schadenfreude on April 17, 2012 at 12:44 AM

True, this is one thing that both sides drive me crazy over. We have laws, please just enforce them.

uncommon sense on April 17, 2012 at 12:53 AM

uncommon sense on April 17, 2012 at 12:53 AM

I missed your greeting last night. Only saw it this a.m. Did not ignore you intentionally.

Schadenfreude on April 17, 2012 at 12:54 AM

de rigueur on April 17, 2012 at 12:49 AM

We’re near Jacksonville and I must say they have a pretty good original music scene. The boy wonder is actually in two different bands.

Cindy Munford on April 17, 2012 at 12:54 AM

So far they do not enjoy me. I take that as a good thing.

Bmore on April 17, 2012 at 12:46 AM

For some reason there must be acceptance of campaign propaganda as truth.

Cindy Munford on April 17, 2012 at 12:50 AM

See above! They shouldn’t depend on smooth sailing.

INC on April 17, 2012 at 12:55 AM

Levin, you Dam# 0bama-bot, DNC operative, Moby, troll, moron, liar idiot..
Either you are with us, or you are against us. Unite behind the savior of America!

Who needs you rightwingnuts anyway. The moderates will decide this election for Romney, not you neocon- rightwing nutjob TrueCon Paleocon -0bama supporters who worked for Reagan.

Or something like that.

LegendHasIt on April 17, 2012 at 12:55 AM

Schadenfreude on April 17, 2012 at 12:54 AM

No problem, it does get hectic around these parts.

uncommon sense on April 17, 2012 at 12:55 AM

That is odd. Don’t call him/her a wussie to their face. They may get a complex. : )

Bmore on April 17, 2012 at 12:34 AM

Oh, he knows everybody loves him. He hates water, too. Nephew calls him a “dummie,” but you can’t fake him out. Ever.

Cindy Munford on April 17, 2012 at 12:46 AM

Think I saw that video, too… two of them mauling a very indulgent golden retriever? Adorable.

de rigueur on April 17, 2012 at 12:56 AM

Schadenfreude

There is an interesting bit of trolling going on here.

Bmore on April 17, 2012 at 12:49 AM

That troll did that to the the two Trayvon threads we have had too. All you can do is walk away.

slickwillie2001 on April 17, 2012 at 12:57 AM

Cindy Munford on April 17, 2012 at 12:46 AM
Have you tried putting their crate on top of the car?

Rusty Allen on April 17, 2012 at 12:58 AM

Schadenfreude on April 17, 2012 at 12:52 AM

Can’t say that I blame you. Just thought you may take note of the moniker for the future.

Bmore on April 17, 2012 at 12:58 AM

Dire Straits on April 17, 2012 at 12:52 AM

Oh yeah! He doesn’t like the music but he video tapes it all. This past weekend our son played with a Christian band at a local church car show. The band’s bass player couldn’t get off work so the boy wonder had to learn seven songs in one night. Had cheat sheets on the stage. Their sound is more like Tool. I like them. The car show is an annual fund raiser and it is the coolest thing ever. Beautiful cars, free food, local participation from area businesses, arcades and those bouncey things for the kids. The band playing was new. So much fun for the entire family.

Cindy Munford on April 17, 2012 at 1:00 AM

Romney Dream Act coming soon.

El_Terrible on April 16, 2012 at 11:27 PM

Si señor…and the rabid anti-immigration crowd here are the same who support Prince Mitt.

Schadenfreude on April 17, 2012 at 1:00 AM

Rusty Allen on April 17, 2012 at 12:58 AM

They keep ralphing and I might! Have to make sure the crate doesn’t scratch the paint though.

Cindy Munford on April 17, 2012 at 1:01 AM

I can’t wait for all you “Oh, so enraged at amnesty” crowd to argue for Mitt.

Schadenfreude on April 17, 2012 at 12:41 AM

THIS

Can.I.be.in.the.middle on April 17, 2012 at 1:02 AM

See above! They shouldn’t depend on smooth sailing.

INC on April 17, 2012 at 12:55 AM

Until the Dream Act remarks, I thought the primaries might actually have pulled Romney to the right. Then with the Rosen kerfluffle and the Romney team’s rapid response, I thought we might actually be seeing the beginnings of an unusual reversal of normal campaign strategy, with Romney tacking right for the general after trying to hold to the center through most of the primaries, having discovered that rightward does win votes.

But, it’s going to be a long campaign…

de rigueur on April 17, 2012 at 1:03 AM

de rigueur on April 17, 2012 at 12:56 AM

How is he about storms. I have a friend who has a male rat terrier. A rescue, he can tell you a day in advance of a storm. He starts doing his Katherine Hepburn impression. The very elderly Hepburn.

Bmore on April 17, 2012 at 1:03 AM

de rigueur on April 17, 2012 at 12:56 AM

Has there ever been a golden who wasn’t indulgent???? :)

That was a cute video.

INC on April 17, 2012 at 1:03 AM

Cindy Munford on April 17, 2012 at 1:00 AM

Sounds like a good time..:)

Dire Straits on April 17, 2012 at 1:03 AM

I can’t wait for all you “Oh, so enraged at amnesty” crowd to argue for Mitt.

Schadenfreude on April 17, 2012 at 12:41 AM

THIS

Can.I.be.in.the.middle on April 17, 2012 at 1:02 AM

THAT

SparkPlug on April 17, 2012 at 1:04 AM

All you can do is walk away.

slickwillie2001 on April 17, 2012 at 12:57 AM

Or, give them enough rope.

Schadenfreude on April 17, 2012 at 1:04 AM

slickwillie2001 on April 17, 2012 at 12:57 AM

Good to know. I don’t go on those kinds of threads.

Bmore on April 17, 2012 at 1:05 AM

Or, give them enough rope.

Schadenfreude on April 17, 2012 at 1:04 AM

; )

Bmore on April 17, 2012 at 1:05 AM

INC on April 17, 2012 at 12:48 AM

Before you become too smug in your hatred of Romney, let me remind you that Obama declared 2010 would be the year all the illegals in this nation (including many of Obama’s own kin) would get amnesty.

The fact of the matter is that amnesty and the introduction of foreigners into society is one of those issues that has always been a touchpoint since the 19th century. Blaming the Irish for the Great Chicago Fire (Mrs. Oleary’s cow) is just one example most people are familiar with. The fact of the matter is that we need a better guest worker system for non-citizens who want to work here in jobs best described as manual labor. I think we have a pretty good system when it comes to aliens with technical sklls but have done less well when it comes to aliens (legal and illegal) who are willing to do the grunt work.

Where I have a problem with the whole amnesty thing is that I know too many people who had to work very hard to get status in the US by legitimate means. And it cost them thousands to do so and they had to go through the absurdity of taking a citizenship test that far too many native-born Americans would fail.

Why give a bunch of illegals amnesty? Our standards for citizenship and legal status should remain high.

Happy Nomad on April 17, 2012 at 1:05 AM

Hey JtL, we’ve “made it“…

Gohawgs on April 17, 2012 at 12:31 AM

That was hilarious.

John the Libertarian on April 17, 2012 at 1:06 AM

Or something like that.

LegendHasIt on April 17, 2012 at 12:55 AM

You forgot to rant on the TEA party.

Schadenfreude on April 17, 2012 at 1:07 AM

Todays’ Tech Tip:

If you are having trouble getting your machine to boot it could be cause its not plugged in. My advice is to check to see if its plugged in. It could be plugged in but maybe you didn’t pay your electric bill. You will know cause none of your lights will go on either.

And if you are having this much trouble so you will prolly not even be able to see Today’s Tech Tip either.

SparkPlug on April 17, 2012 at 1:08 AM

Have you tried putting their crate on top of the car?

Rusty Allen on April 17, 2012 at 12:58 AM

heh…

Gohawgs on April 17, 2012 at 1:08 AM

Dire Straits QOTD song. Hat Tip Schadenfreude.

Bmore on April 17, 2012 at 1:08 AM

Dave will not be making an appearance tonight.

SparkPlug on April 17, 2012 at 1:09 AM

Someone needs to read the Headline threads.

RickB on April 17, 2012 at 12:07 AM

In 2008.

John the Libertarian on April 17, 2012 at 1:09 AM

And don’t forget coon dogs. They always ride in the crates in the back of the bed.

Bmore on April 17, 2012 at 12:21 AM

Don’t hunt or kill anything I wont eat, which puts coon and squirrel off the list, for sure. So, never had any dogs that hunt that kind of prey, though some of them like to chase it. It’s a DNA thing.

What is something to see, however, is a good bird dog smell out a covey of quail, approach it step by step, and just hold in place, at point, his or her body quivering, waiting for the flush order, then flushing them, afterwards retrieving with soft mouths the kill. It is beyond art what these dogs do.

TXUS on April 17, 2012 at 1:10 AM

SparkPlug on April 17, 2012 at 1:08 AM

Heh, here’s another – don’t look for the any key on your board.

Schadenfreude on April 17, 2012 at 1:11 AM

SparkPlug on April 17, 2012 at 1:09 AM

Dave’s not here?

Cindy Munford on April 17, 2012 at 1:11 AM

Romney DREAM Act???

Please tell me that this is an 0bama-bot lie or a hillbilly hick Conservative nutjob lie.

Was he against it before he was for it? Did the Etch-a-Sketch
suddenly, accidentally invert, already, even before he gets the 1144 delegates?

I thought that the reset button wasn’t supposed to be pushed until AFTER the convention.

LegendHasIt on April 17, 2012 at 1:12 AM

de rigueur on April 17, 2012 at 1:03 AM

It’s not the words of the present, it’s the actions of the past that are the clue.

I think we can expect some disagreements over the Republican party platform.

That reminds me. Those of you who haven’t seen this, you might want to bookmark it: 2008 Republican Party Platform.

Obviously not every presidential candidate has agreed with the platform nor are all goals easily attainable but this is supposed to be what the Rs stand for.

Pick your issue and see what happens.

INC on April 17, 2012 at 1:12 AM

Happy Nomad on April 17, 2012 at 1:05 AM

It is a voting bloc. Both parties want it and are willing to pay for it.
Right or wrong have nothing to do with it. This is a straight business transaction.

a capella on April 17, 2012 at 1:12 AM

But, it’s going to be a long campaign…

de rigueur on April 17, 2012 at 1:03 AM

It has already been too long..:)

Dire Straits on April 17, 2012 at 1:12 AM

There is an interesting bit of trolling going on here.

Bmore on April 17, 2012 at 12:49 AM

Just finished up there. Had to get out the mini-14 for pest control. My Chief of Staff Bmore has told me to act right in the past but I just can’t help myself. Moth to a flame.

The suspect in question claims to have four kids and a wife and is wealthy. How do you transport them in a Volt? He also says he is a successful businessman but won’t say in what field or even what region of the country he exists. I was doing yard work and just happened to check the Buffet thread when it started. Suspect went from lawmakers going against the will of the people to repubs to immigration.

arnold ziffel on April 17, 2012 at 1:13 AM

TXUS on April 17, 2012 at 1:10 AM

Agreed, with out getting to specific I grew up around a couple of varieties of working dogs Pointers and retrievers.

Bmore on April 17, 2012 at 1:14 AM

Dire Straits QOTD song. Hat Tip Schadenfreude.

Bmore on April 17, 2012 at 1:08 AM

I think that this could also sum up some of the threads today.

uncommon sense on April 17, 2012 at 1:14 AM

Dave will not be making an appearance tonight.

SparkPlug on April 17, 2012 at 1:09 AM

What about canopfor??..:)

Dire Straits on April 17, 2012 at 1:15 AM

When they start wheeling and dealing on amnesty, what laws are we going to get a pass on breaking? I bet it will be driving ten miles over the posted speed limit.

Cindy Munford on April 17, 2012 at 1:15 AM

Happy Nomad on April 17, 2012 at 1:05 AM

That was quick.

INC on April 17, 2012 at 1:16 AM

arnold ziffel on April 17, 2012 at 1:13 AM

I got in on it late. Strange nature, that one. I hope HA does something about the threats he has received. ; )

Bmore on April 17, 2012 at 1:16 AM

Bmore on April 17, 2012 at 1:03 AM

LOL. Thunder storms are very infrequent out here. As it happens he heard his first thunderclap a couple of days ago. He jumped up, stared wildly for a couple of seconds, then went back to sleep. I have a real leash training problem with him, trying to prevent him from lunging and barking at backfiring trucks and autos and motorcycles on our walks. He’s also able to identify USPS mail trucks, UPS trucks, and FedEx delivery trucks and the concomitantly attired personnel (anyone who has ever walked up to our house uninvited), and he lunges barking at them. Doesn’t bite, just barks like a maniac.

Has there ever been a golden who wasn’t indulgent???? :)

INC on April 17, 2012 at 1:03 AM

True.

de rigueur on April 17, 2012 at 1:16 AM

SparkPlug on April 17, 2012 at 1:08 AM

I have one—not a tech tip though. If a woman tells you she isn’t looking for a commitment, don’t believer her.

arnold ziffel on April 17, 2012 at 1:17 AM

arnold ziffel on April 17, 2012 at 1:13 AM

I saw that he loves the Volt. Are you guys sure he’s not posting his comments as satire?

INC on April 17, 2012 at 1:18 AM

Levin, you Dam# 0bama-bot, DNC operative, Moby, troll, moron, liar idiot..

Or something like that.

LegendHasIt on April 17, 2012 at 12:55 AM

THIS ^^^

LevinFan on April 17, 2012 at 1:19 AM

INC on April 17, 2012 at 1:18 AM

Well then he better go back to “funny” school because it just wasn’t working. :)

arnold ziffel on April 17, 2012 at 1:20 AM

I think that this could also sum up some of the threads today.

uncommon sense on April 17, 2012 at 1:14 AM

Good one. ; )

Bmore on April 17, 2012 at 1:21 AM

Bmore on April 17, 2012 at 1:21 AM

I do my best to make you all proud :)

uncommon sense on April 17, 2012 at 1:22 AM

Dire Straits QOTD song. Hat Tip Schadenfreude.

Bmore on April 17, 2012 at 1:08 AM

I’ll go with this..:)

Dire Straits on April 17, 2012 at 1:24 AM

de rigueur on April 17, 2012 at 1:16 AM

The barking thing is a tough one. I know or at least think you probably wouldn’t dig the collar for him. They do work. Barking is a tough one. Once learned and allowed they can be petulant little devils to break of it.

Bmore on April 17, 2012 at 1:24 AM

Dire Straits on April 17, 2012 at 1:24 AM

ROTFLMAO!

uncommon sense on April 17, 2012 at 1:24 AM

It is not unusual for dogs to get car sick inside the car, i have had two throw up, one puppy in my lap. They get over it. you can’t get mad at them, they can’t help it.

dunce on April 17, 2012 at 1:25 AM

I’ll go with this..:)

Dire Straits on April 17, 2012 at 1:24 AM

Very appropriate.

Bmore on April 17, 2012 at 1:25 AM

You forgot to rant on the TEA party.
Schadenfreude on April 17, 2012 at 1:07 AM

Those hillbilly redneck hicks from flyover country?

Those uneducated fools that are too stupid to know that we ivy-league educated urbane urbanites know so much better how to run a nation and a business than they could ever imagine?

I thought they were already all dead from eating raw red meat and drinking ethanol that should be going into gas tanks instead of their toothless mouths.

LegendHasIt on April 17, 2012 at 1:25 AM

Cindy Munford on April 17, 2012 at 1:01 AM
It’s funny that puppies are a lot like babies. They are such a pain the first couple years, but they grow up so fast.

Rusty Allen on April 17, 2012 at 1:25 AM

It is beyond art what these dogs do.

TXUS on April 17, 2012 at 1:10 AM

My kids were raised with a Brittany and an English Setter…both sweet, gentle dogs. The Setter, Sebastian, served triple duty, pet, hunting dog, and blood donor for the clinic. The Britt was a little spayed female who lived to ride in the pickup cab and she was obsessed with it when I plowed snow in the parking lot with the blade. A real character. But, I had a client who raised and trained border collies and I also fell in love with the herding breeds. Amazing instincts. Oh, and Sebastian also served as my demonstration dog for the school kids the teachers brought in for show and tell time at the clinic. he was the only dog I ever trusted enough to let run around loose amongst a bunch of school kids, with liability lurking just around the corner.

a capella on April 17, 2012 at 1:26 AM

INC on April 17, 2012 at 1:12 AM

Agree, always watch what they do, not what they say. But that, paradoxically, was my reason for hope. The man does tack as it suits him. He’s done it before, perhaps internal polling showed reason for him to do it again, right wise. (Then pray that we elect an even more conservative House to keep him anchored in place.) But the GOP is rather malleable these days, and is as likely to tack to him as otherwise, unfortunately. We’ll see.

de rigueur on April 17, 2012 at 1:27 AM

LegendHasIt on April 17, 2012 at 1:25 AM

Holy crap, I need a new monitor… now that is funny! Maybe you could damian some pointers on humor :)

uncommon sense on April 17, 2012 at 1:27 AM

LegendHasIt on April 17, 2012 at 1:25 AM

Agreed, those elites and ivy boys have done such a superb job for us thus far.

Bmore on April 17, 2012 at 1:27 AM

Rusty Allen on April 17, 2012 at 1:25 AM

Riot chewed the plug off of an extension cord (not plugged in) tonight. I expressed my annoyance and put her in the laundry room so she peed on the floor. I’m not sure who won, she doesn’t appear very contrite, so I’m thinking not me.

Cindy Munford on April 17, 2012 at 1:29 AM

Bmore on April 17, 2012 at 1:24 AM

Stubborn cuss. He’s slowly “getting it” with a choke collar, but he’d still rather asphyxiate himself than not lunge at a postal worker. We’ve all felt that way at times…

de rigueur on April 17, 2012 at 1:31 AM

I’m going with this one. It covers them all, left and right.

Cindy Munford on April 17, 2012 at 1:31 AM

Cindy Munford on April 17, 2012 at 1:29 AM
Haha, we are on our second female boxer. They play games and won’t come back inside after you let them out. Very frustrating.

Rusty Allen on April 17, 2012 at 1:31 AM

uncommon sense on April 17, 2012 at 1:24 AM

For all the downtrodden people. Makes me get all choked up.

arnold ziffel on April 17, 2012 at 1:34 AM

Rusty Allen on April 17, 2012 at 1:31 AM

Love Boxers. It’s very odd that I have always had good luck with females but with the pair I have now, the girl is the monster. I found a free dog park today so hopefully we will have a place to tire them out on a regular basis.

Cindy Munford on April 17, 2012 at 1:36 AM

People like YOU are the PROBLEM.

LevinFan on April 17, 2012 at 12:36 AM

Levin’s attacks on Romney are not constructive, only red faced hysterical. He lacks discipline and focus. Fortunately few will follow his shrill voice into the abyss.

VorDaj on April 17, 2012 at 1:37 AM

Cindy Munford on April 17, 2012 at 1:36 AM
Yup, that’s the trick. They are good when they’re tired.
Have a good night.

Rusty Allen on April 17, 2012 at 1:38 AM

de rigueur on April 17, 2012 at 1:31 AM

The pup I mentioned earlier is odd in that even with his determinative stature he likes to, how can I put this without getting banned, he like s to show dominance of much larger dogs by a certain maneuver to the large dogs face. He does it with all and has never been backed down, yet. Anyhow his owner got very nervous with the aggressive behavior and used the shock collar. Man the pooch didn’t dig it at all. But guess what, bad behavior quelled, owner relieved as are large dogs everywhere. Personally I kinda got a kick out of the behavior. It was bizzare, must have been a hormone thing. He is a little badass.

Bmore on April 17, 2012 at 1:40 AM

Cindy Munford on April 17, 2012 at 1:31 AM

Excellent choice..:)

PS..That is one of the best voices in R&R..IMHO..:)

Dire Straits on April 17, 2012 at 1:41 AM

determinative=small. I’m fried and tired. Too much saw work for one day. ; )

Good Night All.

Bmore on April 17, 2012 at 1:41 AM

Cindy Munford on April 17, 2012 at 1:31 AM

Very nice. Here’s another from that era.

arnold ziffel on April 17, 2012 at 1:42 AM