Quotes of the day

posted at 10:34 pm on April 16, 2012 by Allahpundit

“Mitt Romney went well beyond his standard stump speech at a closed-door fundraiser on Sunday evening, and offered some of the most specific details to date about the policies he would pursue if elected…

“‘I’m going to take a lot of departments in Washington, and agencies, and combine them. Some eliminate, but I’m probably not going to lay out just exactly which ones are going to go,’ Romney said. ‘Things like Housing and Urban Development, which my dad was head of, that might not be around later. But I’m not going to actually go through these one by one. What I can tell you is, we’ve got far too many bureaucrats. I will send a lot of what happens in Washington back to the states.’…

“Romney said the GOP must offer its own policies to woo Hispanics, including a ‘Republican DREAM Act,’ referring to the legislative proposal favored by Democrats that would offer illegal immigrants a limited path to citizenship, to give Hispanic voters a real choice between parties…

“He said his campaign had been well-covered by Fox News, but that Fox was watched by ‘the true believers,’ and that he knew he would have to reach out to a broader audience in order to win over independents and women voters that will decide the election in November. He painted a picture of a media landscape in which liberal voices won out on television, but conservatives were strongest online.”

***

“[N]ow that the former Massachusetts governor is the likely GOP nominee, many Republicans think that the standoffish candidate actually needs to embrace his Mormonism publicly to open a window into his life…

“Nance maintains that if voters could see Romney worshiping, and observe him as a leader of his church, it could go a long way in helping people connect with him. ‘His religion isn’t the issue- he’s the issue,’ says Nance. ‘At some point you need to be honest about who you are. He has an authenticity problem. People don’t get him. They don’t feel that they know the guy.’…

“Bruce Merrill, a senior research fellow at the Morrison Institute at Arizona State University who was raised a Mormon, believes that the key to Romney’s success in the general election may lie in his being as specific and as open as possible about his faith. ‘It’s who Romney is and he can’t really be himself without showing who he is,’ says Merrill. ‘It’s more than a religion- it’s a subculture, a way of life. Mormons socialize together, they do business together, and they raise families together. [Avoiding it publicly] just perpetuates the view that he’s distant.’”

***

“As Congress was set to reconvene on Monday, House Republicans said Mr. Romney could go his own way on smaller issues that may help define him as separate from his Congressional Republican counterparts. But, they said, he must understand that they are driving the policy agenda for the party now.

“‘We’re not a cheerleading squad,’ said Representative Jeff Landry, an outspoken freshman from Louisiana. ‘We’re the conductor. We’re supposed to drive the train.’

“Still, party leaders insist that House Republicans and Mr. Romney are united on issues that matter most. ‘On the big issues — spending, taxes, what we do with the deficit — I just don’t see much difference,’ said Representative Tom Cole of Oklahoma, a member of the Republican leadership, ‘and more importantly, I don’t see an escape.’”

***

“But where Romney is different is that he is not honest about himself. He could, as he did just recently, stand before the National Rifle Association as if he were, in spirit as well as membership, one of them. In body language, in the blinking of the eyes, in the nonexistent pounding pulse, there was not the tiniest suggestion that here was a man who just as confidently once embodied the anti-gun ethic of Massachusetts, the distant land he once governed. Instead, he tore into Obama for the (nonexistent) threat the president posed to Second Amendment rights — a false accusation from a false champion.

“A marathon of debates and an eon of campaigning have toughened and honed Romney. He commands the heights of great assurance, and he knows, as some of us learn too late in life, that the truth is not always a moral obligation but sometimes merely what works. He often cites his business background as commending him for the presidency. That’s his forgivable absurdity. Instead, what his career has given him is the businessman’s concept of self — that what he does is not who he is. This is what enables the slumlord to be a charitable man. This is what enables the corporate raider to endow his university. Business is business. It’s what you do. It is not who you are. Lying isn’t a sin. It’s a business plan.”

***

“Seamus, Mitt Romney’s Irish setter who traveled with his young family strapped to the roof of their station wagon, ‘loved’ those trips, despite once getting ill, Ann Romney told ABC’s Diane Sawyer in an exclusive interview…

“‘The dog loved it,’ Ann Romney said. ‘He would see that crate and, you know, he would, like, go crazy because he was going with us on vacation. It was to me a kinder thing to bring him along than to leave him in the kennel for two weeks.’

“Adding to the left’s narrative that Romney had little compassion for the animal is a detail from the 1983 trip that Ann Romney confirmed to Sawyer. The dog became sick, defecating all over itself and the windshield of the car, leading Romney to hose them both off before they continued on the drive to Canada.”

***

***

Click the image to listen.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 5

ABO, so Mittens will get my vote…

Khun Joe on April 16, 2012 at 10:37 PM

“What I can tell you is, we’ve got far too many bureaucrats. I will send a lot of what happens in Washington back to the states.’…”

Thanks for hanging in there Newt…!

Seven Percent Solution on April 16, 2012 at 10:38 PM

Wrong Mitt-the GOP DOESN’T need a DREAM act-nor does this country.
Come here legally-or get the Hades out!

annoyinglittletwerp on April 16, 2012 at 10:38 PM

Hey, you’re not Bishop! ^^^^^^

cynccook on April 16, 2012 at 10:38 PM

Still ABO btw.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 16, 2012 at 10:38 PM

If you want to get a big lungful of reek, just get too close to POLITICO.

jaime on April 16, 2012 at 10:39 PM

Alrighty, now we’re getting somewhere.

JPeterman on April 16, 2012 at 10:40 PM

Hey, you’re not Bishop! ^^^^^^

cynccook on April 16, 2012 at 10:38 PM

Me?
I’m whatever I chose to be.
Right now, I choose to be a Cannibalist Humanoid Underground Dweller from the Planet Zicam.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 16, 2012 at 10:40 PM

Allah,

Thanks for posting the Levin clip.

It really says it all. I’m not happy that Romney will be the nominee, but I will do whatever I can to support him. We must defeat Obama.

However, Romney needs to learn how to defend his wealth and not apologize for it. He also needs to stop playing the class warfare game just like Obama by saying tax cuts for all EXCEPT for “higher income famalies” they won’t get deductions? What the heck is that???

If that’s the case, why even have deductions? Romney needs to wake up and fight hard for free markets and stop playing the class warfare game or he will get blown out. Also, it’d be nice if he wants to start hammering Obama on Fast and Furioue, Solyndra, Gibson Guitors to name a few!

Toughen up Mitt and get to work!!

LevinFan on April 16, 2012 at 10:42 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on April 16, 2012 at 10:40 PM

But do you have “C’s”?

cozmo on April 16, 2012 at 10:42 PM

Yeeaaah..because illegals and hispanics are just dying to vote for Republicans, just as they did when Reagan gave them amnesty , right ?
BTW, what is a “limited path to citizenship” ?

burrata on April 16, 2012 at 10:42 PM

GOPers lining up for Willard’s next Amnesty proposal.

james23 on April 16, 2012 at 10:43 PM

But oh noes! What about all the trucons who insist Romney = Obama?!?!

That’s going to hurt their narrative.

John the Libertarian on April 16, 2012 at 10:44 PM

Alrighty, now we’re getting somewhere.

JPeterman on April 16, 2012 at 10:40 PM

Not really. Romney needs to do alot better. He needs to be specific about WHAT he’s going to cut instead of being as bland and general as possible.

He needs to rally the base and prove to us he’s committed to making some real reforms instead of playing lip service like he just did.

Romney could start by naming the Dept of No-Energy, the EPA, the Dept of Education, and HUD to name a few.

If I can name those departments off the top of my head then why the heck can’t Mitt??

LevinFan on April 16, 2012 at 10:45 PM

But do you have “C’s”?

cozmo on April 16, 2012 at 10:42 PM

I’m a cannibalistic alien-does it really matter?
Didn’t THINK SO!

annoyinglittletwerp on April 16, 2012 at 10:45 PM

Me?
I’m whatever I chose to be.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 16, 2012 at 10:40 PM

LOL No the chap in the first slot — it just takes me a while to find the little up pointing arrow!

cynccook on April 16, 2012 at 10:46 PM

I beg your pardon?

John the Libertarian on April 16, 2012 at 10:47 PM

No clue what Levin is talking about, nothing Romney said about Tax Reform is new or secret. He should be thrilled by most of the rest of what Romney said. It’s not Mitt’s fault that Levin can’t make up his mind election to election if Romney is Conservative enough for him or how Levin backed all the wrong horses this election cycle. Not sure why any of us should care what Levin thinks about anything, the average Republican voter certainly doesn’t.

AYNBLAND on April 16, 2012 at 10:48 PM

Yeah… That whole EPA banning lead for ammunition wasn’t Obama… (At least not Obama 2012, just wait for 2013… )

-Wasteland Man.

WastelandMan on April 16, 2012 at 10:49 PM

I’m a cannibalistic alien-does it really matter?
Didn’t THINK SO!

annoyinglittletwerp on April 16, 2012 at 10:45 PM

I’m tough, so yes it does.

cozmo on April 16, 2012 at 10:51 PM

You talking about Valerie Jarrett and Soros , genius ?

burrata on April 16, 2012 at 10:53 PM

LevinFan on April 16, 2012 at 10:45 PM

Would you want to hear that your department was being closed down by a Republican presidential candidate?

JPeterman on April 16, 2012 at 10:53 PM

GOPers lining up for Willard’s next Amnesty proposal.

james23 on April 16, 2012 at 10:43 PM

but I thought he was tough on Illegal immigration ???
he is severely conservative dotcha know …
*sigh* I had such hopes for this cycle …
heh

conservative tarheel on April 16, 2012 at 10:55 PM

LevinFan on April 16, 2012 at 10:45 PM

Not a Mitt fan, but I think he’s smart not to give away too much just yet.

kakypat on April 16, 2012 at 10:56 PM

Hahaha. I didn’t think we’d see the dog-on-the-roof story this yearly in the election!

Chuck Schick on April 16, 2012 at 10:56 PM

yearly ===> early

Chuck Schick on April 16, 2012 at 10:57 PM

Wouldn’t Mexicans… I mean, Hispanics simply prefer total amnesty to amnesty lite? I can’t follow the pandering so well…

Anyone who has a bigger problem of his Mormonism than Obama’s nutty, racist, anti-American church, is crazy. An in-your-face comparison needs to be made every time it’s brought up.

Dongemaharu on April 16, 2012 at 10:57 PM

Just imaging how the media would have destroyed Mitt if at that close-door fundraiser he said something like “When you spreed the wealth around it better for everyone.” Oh wait that was said on a street corner and they destroyed the person who asked the question. http://www.joeforcongress2012.com/

tjexcite on April 16, 2012 at 10:58 PM

Smooshie girl comment below WARNING

I love that screen cap. You can tell that Mitt is still head over heels in love with his wife.

It’s sweet.

gophergirl on April 16, 2012 at 10:59 PM

Mitt and Ann should have started the interview…

“Excuse me Ms. Sawyer…

… have you been drinking?”

Seven Percent Solution on April 16, 2012 at 11:00 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on April 16, 2012 at 10:40 PM

But do you have “C’s”?

cozmo on April 16, 2012 at 10:42 PM

LOL* People from Planet Zicam have three.

But Zicam sounds like a cold medicine.

SparkPlug on April 16, 2012 at 11:02 PM

My dog loves getting strapped to the top of the car in 90 degree weather for 7 hours as well. Looks forward to it every year. And then he absolutely begs me to take him to the vet to get his shots. Just like Rommey dog.

angryed on April 16, 2012 at 11:02 PM

“But where Romney is different is that he is not honest about himself.

Unlike Hussein who has been sooooooooo honest and transparent about ….well everything :P

burrata on April 16, 2012 at 11:02 PM

Marxism or someone else….

It is what it is…..

Electrongod on April 16, 2012 at 11:03 PM

DREAM act? that will play well with the base.

promachus on April 16, 2012 at 11:04 PM

Smooshie girl comment below WARNING

It’s sweet.

gophergirl on April 16, 2012 at 10:59 PM

Non-smooshie girl comment below.
Blech.*makes face*
My husband tolerates me-and I can accept that. LoL

annoyinglittletwerp on April 16, 2012 at 11:04 PM

Actually with three there is a right and left cleavage.

SparkPlug on April 16, 2012 at 11:04 PM

Wow, this is the last triple digit Quote of the Day. It’s a shame it’s a response to the Obama Administration’s crafting of the electoral messaging that Romney falls right into…

The Nerve on April 16, 2012 at 11:04 PM

Levin should just be honest and explicitly declare himself an Obama advocate as that is de facto what he clearly is.

VorDaj on April 16, 2012 at 11:04 PM

gophergirl on April 16, 2012 at 10:59 PM

You need some spaces.

Dang speed reading, I was done with the comment before the warning registered.

cozmo on April 16, 2012 at 11:05 PM

LevinFan on April 16, 2012 at 10:42 PM

SparkPlug on April 16, 2012 at 11:02 PM

It IS a cold medicine-and C.H.U.D was an ’80′s horror flick.
*evil grin*

annoyinglittletwerp on April 16, 2012 at 11:06 PM

The primary has been over for less than a week and alresdy Rommney has flip flopped on amnesty and the lawsuit for equal pay bill.

Severely Conservative, eh?

angryed on April 16, 2012 at 11:07 PM

LOL* People from Planet Zicam have three.

But Zicam sounds like a cold medicine.

SparkPlug on April 16, 2012 at 11:02 PM

Even better.

cozmo on April 16, 2012 at 11:07 PM

AYNBLAND on April 16, 2012 at 10:48 PM

Levin is a horse’s ass.

VorDaj on April 16, 2012 at 11:07 PM

angryed on April 16, 2012 at 11:05 PM

Dude, give it a rest. If everyone did real research on the candidates, nobody would care what letter followed their name… you act as if real Jeffersonian Democrats still exist.

uncommon sense on April 16, 2012 at 11:07 PM

You kmow Mittens is a horrible candidate.

angryed on April 16, 2012 at 11:05 PM

Santorum endorsed him, so he can’t be all bad.

John the Libertarian on April 16, 2012 at 11:08 PM

Is angryed Mark Levin?

VorDaj on April 16, 2012 at 11:08 PM

LevinFan on April 16, 2012 at 10:45 PM

JPeterman on April 16, 2012 at 10:53 PM

A lot of people fall into the ddrintn bog of believing they know better than Romney how to run his campaign. And I’m not talking of the odd detail but every detail.

Basilsbest on April 16, 2012 at 11:09 PM

Dang speed reading, I was done with the comment before the warning registered.

cozmo on April 16, 2012 at 11:05 PM

This place could use a little girl smooshiness every once in awhile :)

gophergirl on April 16, 2012 at 11:09 PM

angryed on April 16, 2012 at 11:05 PM

You really don’t have any qualms about a lame duck Obama? Because I sure do! :-0

cynccook on April 16, 2012 at 11:09 PM

angryed on April 16, 2012 all day long…

I say csdeven and the angry red in thunderdome.

cozmo on April 16, 2012 at 11:10 PM

DREAM act? that will play well with the base.

promachus on April 16, 2012 at 11:04 PM

Mandatory 3 years military service, completed successfully, no exceptions, for those 25 years old or younger, brought here when they were children no older than 13 years, brought here no later than 2006. No chain migration.

Might work.

jaime on April 16, 2012 at 11:10 PM

angryed on April 16, 2012 at 11:05 PM

besides, after 3.5 years of the one, do you really care? at least mittens would be a change, or hope and change, crap I heard that somewhere before. So go with the constant, or reformulate your equation and try a different experiment… is that such a hard thing to think about?

uncommon sense on April 16, 2012 at 11:11 PM

Levin is a horse’s ass.

VorDaj on April 16, 2012 at 11:07 PM

In all seriousness, what’s up with the voice? Speaking of horses, was he kicked in the testicles by one or something? I’ve never been able to listen to him speak for more than a moment because of that voice. I have read some transcripts here and there…

cynccook on April 16, 2012 at 11:11 PM

I was just looking at Drudge – Obama doesn’t look well. Guy is skin and bones. It will be interesting to see him on the same stage as Romney in a debate. The physical differences will be striking IMO.

gophergirl on April 16, 2012 at 11:11 PM

Is angryed Mark Levin? VorDaj on April 16, 2012 at 11:08 PM

Levin has a temper like the angry one but he’s not a complete moron.

Basilsbest on April 16, 2012 at 11:11 PM

This place could use a little girl smooshiness every once in awhile :)

gophergirl on April 16, 2012 at 11:09 PM

To heck with once in a while. I say girlify the place to the max in cheerleader outfits…and leather.

cozmo on April 16, 2012 at 11:11 PM

I was a bit worried that the puppy story might hurt Gov. Romney and it still might with some but how many times did The Won fly BO on a separate plane? I think the bill for those might put things into perspective for the voters.

Cindy Munford on April 16, 2012 at 11:14 PM

angryed on April 16, 2012 at 11:05 PM

….and what is your winning reality solution?

KOOLAID2 on April 16, 2012 at 11:15 PM

AYNBLAND on April 16, 2012 at 10:48 PM

Levin is a horse’s ass.

VorDaj on April 16, 2012 at 11:07 PM

…prefer him over a dumb ass!

KOOLAID2 on April 16, 2012 at 11:17 PM

….and what is your winning reality solution?

KOOLAID2 on April 16, 2012 at 11:15 PM

divide and conquer baby, divide and conquer… can’t win on anything of substance, can win on the record, so hey, lets try to divide every group and hope we get a majority. It is dark days for the country, and the damage that this type of campaign that the prez is running will take years to repair, no matter who wins.

uncommon sense on April 16, 2012 at 11:18 PM

DREAM act? that will play well with the base.

promachus on April 16, 2012 at 11:04 PM

dotcha know … mittens doesn’t care about conservatives …
were else ya gonna go … you will vote and like it…
know do you want mustard or mayo on your
severely conservative sh*t sandwich ..

conservative tarheel on April 16, 2012 at 11:18 PM

I think the bill for those might put things into perspective for the voters.

Cindy Munford on April 16, 2012 at 11:14 PM

I sure hope so…..that, and the bill for soooo many things!

kakypat on April 16, 2012 at 11:18 PM

Oh yeah, Mitt was gonna be tough on immigration. I knew it was coming. The dream act…here we go. McCain, Grahm and Rubio will give a thumbs up. It will be the R’s that will get it passed..you watch.

I like Ann better then her husband, except for smooching of the Obama’s butt. Yeah, Michelle is “lovely” and the comments were “unfortunate”. They respect stay at home mom’s, My a$$. I feel a repeat of “fight with me”

I will pull the lever..but not happy.

The dog..not even gonna comment on that.

bazil9 on April 16, 2012 at 11:19 PM

Pretty much…

… The political elite ruling class doesn’t like things too complicated.

Seven Percent Solution on April 16, 2012 at 11:20 PM

It’s so sad to see how many people have fallen for the “all Republicans are good, all Democrats are bad” talk radio brainwashing. You kmow Mittens is a horrible candidate. You know he will be a disaster as president. But he’s on “your team” so you’ll overlook all his negatives just so you can beat “their team”. angryed on April 16, 2012 at 11:05 PM

As provocative as your moronic comment is, I’ll try to avoid hyperbole. Mitt could be 10% as good as I think he is and he’d still be 100 times as good as Obama.

Basilsbest on April 16, 2012 at 11:20 PM

LevinFan on April 16, 2012 at 10:45 PM

JPeterman on April 16, 2012 at 10:53 PM

Big Deal. None of these folks are voting Repub.

southernms on April 16, 2012 at 11:20 PM

kakypat on April 16, 2012 at 11:18 PM

LOL! This is just the dog category.

Cindy Munford on April 16, 2012 at 11:21 PM

Is this what it’s gonna be like for the next 6 months? Mittens QOTDs? Can’t Palin say something?

Lanceman on April 16, 2012 at 11:21 PM

AYNBLAND on April 16, 2012 at 10:48 PM

Now the truth comes out. Who cares about those annoying radical conservatives right!!?? You sound like some hack on MSLSD with that kind of garbage.

Our country is going the route of Greece and unless we make some serious reforms as in cutting departments and stop playing the class warfare games then we’re screwed. More of the status quo big gov’t crap that Romney did in MA is not going to cut it.

The reason we’re in this kind of mess is from moderates like yourself who think it’s ok to have massive spending and entitlement programs as long as the guy doing it has an “R” next to their name!

LevinFan on April 16, 2012 at 11:23 PM

Is angryed Mark Levin?

VorDaj on April 16, 2012 at 11:08 PM

I was thinking maybe Special Ed Schultz today.

slickwillie2001 on April 16, 2012 at 11:23 PM

Cindy Munford on April 16, 2012 at 11:21 PM

Well, we do have a lot to work with here. ;o)

kakypat on April 16, 2012 at 11:23 PM

Are ‘the true believers,’ the same as “true cons” ?

Bmore on April 16, 2012 at 11:23 PM

angryed on April 16, 2012 at 11:05 PM

Umm, what would you suggest?

Cleombrotus on April 16, 2012 at 11:23 PM

gophergirl on April 16, 2012 at 11:11 PM

The Ulsterman ‘insider’ said that little Bammie’s jackets were all seriously padded out to bulk him up.

slickwillie2001 on April 16, 2012 at 11:26 PM

angryed on April 16, 2012 at 11:05 PM

It’s the sad state of affairs that we’re now in. Don’t get mad at me. I wanted Palin, then went to Cain, to Bachmann, then Santorum. I said all along that Mittens was the worst we could do, but now it’s over and it’s between basically a Democrat in Romney vs a Communist who will permanently ruin this country in Obama.

It’s a no brainer at this point to support Romney to stop Obama.

LevinFan on April 16, 2012 at 11:26 PM

“Mormons socialize together, they do business together, and they raise families together.”

Does this mean they are exclusionary? Is the the reason for all the pro Mormon advertising sweeping the Nation?

Bmore on April 16, 2012 at 11:26 PM

Actually, I’m more of a ” some Republicans are bad, ALL Democrats are bad” kinda guy, myself.

Cleombrotus on April 16, 2012 at 11:26 PM

lol

Romney Dream Act coming soon.

El_Terrible on April 16, 2012 at 11:27 PM

the=this

Bmore on April 16, 2012 at 11:27 PM

angryed on April 16, 2012 at 11:05 PM

I don’t think he’s a bad candidate, and I think he’ll be a good president, with the potential to be a great president. And I am as conservative as they come. I’ll be happy to vote for him.

Rational Thought on April 16, 2012 at 11:28 PM

AngryEd,

I have the Bazil 9 suckage meter. I overlook nothing.

Mitt is on high suck and “the one” explodes the meter.

Another 4 years of him is total destruction. The racist Holder and DOJ gotta go-and I would rather have Mitt pick the SCOTUS appointments then “the won”.

So, between my meter and Choices..I will vote Mitt. If I must.

Either way, I gag. But you play the hand your dealt.

bazil9 on April 16, 2012 at 11:29 PM

JPeterman on April 16, 2012 at 10:53 PM

The point is that Romney is a moderate who doesn’t plan on cutting departments. Look at his track record.

More conservative candidates like Perry and Bachmann regularly named departments like the EPA and Dept of Education as departments they would cut.

Who cares about the feelings of the bureaucrats working in those departments? They’ve been leaving the high life at our expense for years. Higher salaries and 4:1 better benefits than the private sector for inflated bureaucracies reaking havoc on our lives!

I’m more concerned about myself and the rest of the taxpayers getting hammered with this unbelievable debt!

LevinFan on April 16, 2012 at 11:29 PM

“I don’t see an escape.” Does this mean some of the Republican leadership may be headed for prison time?

Bmore on April 16, 2012 at 11:29 PM

Oh, good grief. These are “specifics”?

Sorry, Mitt. You ain’t going to out-pander the Democrats.

ddrintn on April 16, 2012 at 11:30 PM

angryed on April 16, 2012 at 11:05 PM

Being that your team is Obama’s, I’m pretty happy where I am.

You know who believes you win by losing? Losers.

Chuck Schick on April 16, 2012 at 11:30 PM

OT…Katie Pavlich was just on BOR…You think lobotomy4life left a bib anywhere around here?
I think I need one!

KOOLAID2 on April 16, 2012 at 11:31 PM

Me thinks Ann knows how to fight this battle.

Don’t get your pantie’s in a wad this is b%itch slap Southern style.
All that quote was missing was the “Bless Michelle’s heart.”

And Mitt is trying to win, the primary is over. He has too get some of the hispanic vote.
Gonna need popcorn, cuzz this is gonna be a good fight.

I will pull the lever..but not happy.

The dog..not even gonna comment on that.

bazil9 on April 16, 2012 at 11:19 PM

southernms on April 16, 2012 at 11:31 PM

Might work.

jaime on April 16, 2012 at 11:10 PM

Do we really want a large group of people in the military who really don’t want to be there? Doesn’t seem like that would be good for morale. Could even cause some trouble between soldiers.

Dongemaharu on April 16, 2012 at 11:31 PM

lol

Romney Dream Act coming soon.

El_Terrible on April 16, 2012 at 11:27 PM

Yeah, I thought he was Mr Immigration Hardass. What gives? Maybe 56-point gaps against Obama.

ddrintn on April 16, 2012 at 11:32 PM

Yes, lets woo and pander.

How about following the damn law.

Eventually, we will be wooing and pandering to another “group”. Libs love their “groups”, “divisions” and social unrest.

I have a guess which group is next…

Enjoy.

bazil9 on April 16, 2012 at 11:33 PM

Rational Thought on April 16, 2012 at 11:28 PM

You might want to wait 6 months before making that statement. I’m afraid Romney might tack to the left just to try and garner more votes. Sorry I just don’t trust the guy.

idesign on April 16, 2012 at 11:33 PM

Dongemaharu on April 16, 2012 at 11:31 PM

There are a lot of people in the all-volunteer military today who are there for gain. Veteran benefits. They normally choose non-combat jobs.

jaime on April 16, 2012 at 11:34 PM

Sorry I just don’t trust the guy.

idesign on April 16, 2012 at 11:33 PM

Then just vote for Obama,o.k.

JPeterman on April 16, 2012 at 11:35 PM

angryed on April 16, 2012 at 11:05 PM

Unfortunately, no one that thrilled me ran. As a matter of fact, I don’t know anyone who would have thrilled me.

Cindy Munford on April 16, 2012 at 11:36 PM

Dongemaharu on April 16, 2012 at 11:31 PM

Yeah, give ‘em free military training so when they get out they get a nice job with MS13.

Cleombrotus on April 16, 2012 at 11:36 PM

idesign on April 16, 2012 at 11:33 PM

It doesn’t matter. Romney could adopt the slogan “all power to the Soviets” and the ‘bots would be rationalizing it.

ddrintn on April 16, 2012 at 11:37 PM

If romney supports amnesty, which is exactly what the “DREAM” Act is, in any form, then he is going to lose the election.

I wont vote for him. Many conservatives wont vote for him. I don’t even care if obama wins as a result. If you are going to have a liberal president, I’d rather have one with a D in front so at least voters will know to blame the correct party for garbage liberal policies.

kaltes on April 16, 2012 at 11:37 PM

“Lying isn’t a sin. It’s a business plan.” Because Politicians never lie?

Bmore on April 16, 2012 at 11:37 PM