Quotes of the day

posted at 10:01 pm on April 14, 2012 by Allahpundit

“When it comes to the Mommy Wars, the only thing that’s more predictable than overwrought emotion and disingenuous indignation is the fact that everyone always misses the point: it’s all about the money, honey…

“Whether you’re a father with a stay-at-home wife, a working mother with a partner, or a single mother on her own, the buck stops with you if you’re providing the primary financial support for your family—and that responsibility is often terrifying. We all have our wide-awake-at-3-in-the-morning nights, and no doubt Mrs. Romney has endured her share. But her worries, however grave, have never included the ability to feed her kids or keep a roof over their heads — and those are problems that regularly torture countless American women.”

***

“You’d have to be a monster to deny that Ann Romney has had a rough time of it these last few years. Breast cancer and multiple sclerosis? We should obviously sympathize and send her well wishes. But nothing about that should prevent us from also looking honestly at her background and asking how representative a symbol of twenty-first century American womanhood she is. Liberals shouldn’t sneer at the fact that she never held a job outside the home (if only Hilary Rosen had phrased it in the clinical, social science-y way I just did, this ‘controversy’ probably never would have erupted!). But conservatives have no business pretending that she represents anything beyond what she in fact is, which is a woman who was born to fantastic privilege and who married into even more fantastic privilege, and who simply hasn’t had to make the hard choices that many women have to make. She turns out not even to represent stay-at-home moms very well at all, and if Republicans think this little fracas is rallying stay-at-home moms to their reactionary cause, they’re deluding themselves…

“The Census Bureau studied this question for the first time (?!) in 2007, and the results were, to me, totally surprising and fascinating. Stay-at-home mothers, you probably think, are more likely to be white, well-off, proper, all-around June Cleaver-ish. Uh, June Cleaver was around 50 years ago and lived on TV. In today’s actual America, stay-at-home moms are more likely to be: younger; Hispanic (Latina, if you prefer); foreign-born; less well educated. About one-quarter of married mothers of children under 15 didn’t work outside the home, the bureau found; and fully 19 percent of that one-quarter had less than a high-school degree, while that was true of just 8 percent of working mothers. This suggests pretty clearly that a significant number of women who stay at home don’t do so by choice, but because they don’t have marketable skills—or because they can’t get jobs that pay enough to cover the cost of childcare.”

***

“Why did Democrats feel such an urgent need to distance themselves from a comment that was 1) accurate — Romney doesn’t exactly have much in common with the 75% of women who now work for a living — and 2) frankly inoffensive? (I happen to agree with the Washington Post‘s Ruth Marcus that Rosen’s only real fault, in the Anderson Cooper exchange, lay in forgetting to use the politically correct phrase ‘work outside the home’ instead of the politically toxic word work to describe the remunerative activity Romney didn’t have to engage in.)

“That the Democrats felt such a need to throw Rosen under a bus suggests to me that they, like the Romney campaign itself, are guilty both of knee-jerk cynicism in regards to female voters and of being out of touch. We all know, on the one hand, that there’s a certain portion of the population that feels not just left behind but generally dissed by what they identify as the evolution of attitudes and mores in our era: they’re the Sarah Palin constituency. But these conservative women were never going to vote for Obama anyway. If you widen your sights beyond them, the larger truth about American women (and men) reveals that the deep-seated attitudinal divisions that once underlay our great national drama over women’s roles, and over working motherhood in particular, are now largely a thing of the past.”

***

“When Ann Romney’s husband, who faces a gender gap in some polls, uses her experience and insight as a megaphone for women’s concern over fewer paid jobs, he mistakenly assumes that all women are fungible. Which was, I take it, Rosen’s original point.

“Although Ann Romney may be a fine spokesperson on some issues, the dirty little secret of angling for female votes is that while all women’s work, inside or outside the home, has the same worth, as Michelle Obama and Barbara Bush sweetly expressed, all women do not have the same interests. Women who work in the home do not have the same interest in the recovery of the formal job market as women who have to work for pay. Indeed, wage-earning women probably have more in common with their paycheck-dependent male co-workers on the subject of economic recovery than with household laborers such as Ann Romney…

“Women whose work consists of caring for their households and children don’t need to worry about being paid less than their male counterparts. First, they aren’t paid at all, in any formal sense, and second, unless their husbands take a male spouse alongside them — an unlikely social development — they won’t confront sex discrimination at their workplace. Actually, Romney himself, a proud member of the capitalist economy and of a religious minority with a history of discrimination, has more in common with female workers than his wife does in discouraging arbitrary workplace discrimination. Ann Romney huffily reminded her husband’s detractors that some of his best employees have been women. But they were his employees; why is he using his wife to get that message out?”

***

“Roughly 73 percent of American moms are now working. It’s not only how our families work, it is how our economy works. Two-thirds of American families rely on women as breadwinners or co-breadwinners. In fact, most American kids’ economic survival depends on a woman in the work force…

“Lost in this retro war of words is the fact that most mothers today work hard to take care of their children and at the same time, they have to work hard to earn a living elsewhere. Conservatives and progressives can debate the merits of whether that is a good idea — but it’s the reality in which most American families live…

“I agree with Ann Romney that ‘we need to respect choices that women make.’ But for many moms, the economic reality of their lives doesn’t leave a lot of ‘choices.’ It leaves a lot of hard decisions about how many hours a day they can spend with their children and how many hours of sleep they can miss to provide for them.”

***

“Rosen was forced to apologize, but she really shouldn’t have. Being a mom (stay-at-home or not) is hard work for most people, but the parts of it that are hard work, figuring out how to feed, clothe, and shelter your kids, how to educate them, how to keep them safe in a dangerous world, are things that don’t exist when you’ve got $250 million in the bank. When you’ve got that kind of cheddar, even the chores associated with parenting (stay-at-home or not) cease to count as work. If you’ve got a quarter-billion in the bank and you’re still doing your own laundry, that’s a hobby.

“But absent the pressures of everyday life for the average American parent, the actual raising of children, being there for them, loving them, whether it’s full-time stay-at-home style or struggling to fit it in with a job, isn’t work. It’s a privilege, and I think most Americans (excepting the entrenched culture warriors who would vote for any Republican with a pulse), when faced with the offensive notion that Ann Romney’s struggles as a multi-hundred-millionaire mom somehow mirrors their own, will be more put-off than sympathetic.

“That’s why the President and his team’s handling of this has been so wrong-headed. President Obama cast Rosen’s remarks as an attack on Ann Romney, but it wasn’t. It was an attack on Mitt Romney for fixing his entire policy focus on women around whatever he and his ultra-privileged wife banter about while they’re trotting around on dressage horses. If he told a crowd that he was taking her policy advice on something else that she knows nothing about, say, foreign policy, no one would have any problem with this sort of critique.”

***

“For the last many years, I have been the single most important influence on my children. Yes, they go to school (public school, yet); and yes, they both have thriving social lives; and yes, I’ve been unable to insulate them from a Leftist pop culture that is hostile to traditional norms and to conservatives generally, but I’m still the most important person. Of all the influences in their lives, I am the one who is most present, most consistent, and most trusted. I’m sure they’ll pull away as they get older, and they may even rebel, but I’ll still be that little voice in their brain, imparting facts, values, and analyses.

I am the counterweight to the state. Therefore, I am dangerous. I am subversive simply by existing. My love for my children is a dominant force that works its way into their psyches and that trumps the state-run schools and the state complicit media world. Some mothers, of course, are entirely in sync with schools and media. They happily reinforce the statist message. But those of us who don’t are a powerful anti-statist force and we must be challenged.

“The Left’s problem with Ann Romney transcends her husband’s wealth, her (and his) Republican identification, and her decision to work for her children, rather than for a paying employer. The Left’s problem with Ann Romney is that she represents the triumph of the individual.”

***

Via BuzzFeed.

***

“But what she meant to say, I think, was that Ann Romney has never gotten her ass out of the house to work. No one’s denying that being a mother is a tough job. I remember I was a handful. But, you know, there is a big difference between being a mother, and that tough job, and getting your ass out of the door at 7 a.m. when it’s cold, having to deal with the boss, being in a workplace, where even if you’re unhappy you can’t show it for eight hours. That is kind of a different kind of tough thing.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 5 6 7 8

Something like this maybe?

Bmore on April 15, 2012 at 2:24 AM

You think Santana has been the background for many naughty nights over the past forty plus years?

arnold ziffel on April 15, 2012 at 2:28 AM

RedCrow on April 15, 2012 at 2:26 AM

roflmao!..:)

Dire Straits on April 15, 2012 at 2:29 AM

Bmore on April 15, 2012 at 2:26 AM

I hear you..:)

Dire Straits on April 15, 2012 at 2:30 AM

RedCrow on April 15, 2012 at 2:27 AM

How about a little Jade and AFI?

uncommon sense on April 15, 2012 at 2:30 AM

Well unless I’m mistaken no one has posted this fellow.

Bmore on April 15, 2012 at 2:30 AM

Well unless I’m mistaken no one has posted this fellow.

Bmore on April 15, 2012 at 2:30 AM

Nope, it is because there are sooooo many to chose from :)

uncommon sense on April 15, 2012 at 2:31 AM

Glen Campbell was a great instrumentalist before he found out he could sing. I believe he was a studio musician in his early days.

a capella on April 15, 2012 at 2:32 AM

Hot Air should simply refuse to report what this ill-educated imbecile says. You are buying into his program. He is creepy and not anyone a person would want around the kids. Ignore this ass.

pat on April 15, 2012 at 2:33 AM

Heh…is this what you guys discuss in these threads this late? I’m missing out on good conversation!

GOPRanknFile on April 15, 2012 at 2:33 AM

Bmore on April 15, 2012 at 2:24 AM

Thats what I’m talking’ about.

Ever hear of el Kabong? He was great with a guitar.

SparkPlug on April 15, 2012 at 2:33 AM

The Godfather of guitar.

RickB on April 15, 2012 at 2:07 AM

WHY would twelve turds hit dislike for that on youtube. I sometimes really hate youtube comments. They make our trolls seem like deep thinkers.

arnold ziffel on April 15, 2012 at 2:34 AM

a capella on April 15, 2012 at 2:32 AM

Here you go.

RickB on April 15, 2012 at 2:35 AM

Something like this maybe?

Bmore on April 15, 2012 at 2:24 AM

Dude, nice.

But, if you want a little salsa in your musico, you should really try these guys out.

Here’s one of my favorites by them.

(PS–If you don’t have that album (The Ride), go buy it NOW.)

RedCrow on April 15, 2012 at 2:36 AM

arnold ziffel on April 15, 2012 at 2:34 AM

No that is the quote of the day!

uncommon sense on April 15, 2012 at 2:36 AM

Not quite a guitar.

a capella on April 15, 2012 at 2:14 AM

Close enough. Cool either way you look at it.

Bmore on April 15, 2012 at 2:36 AM

GOPRanknFile on April 15, 2012 at 2:33 AM

Pull up a chair and we will pour you a tall one.

SparkPlug on April 15, 2012 at 2:37 AM

may me off track here but…No MoreTears by Black Sabbath…awesome guitar and tune

tank_killer69 on April 15, 2012 at 2:38 AM

pat on April 15, 2012 at 2:33 AM

pat we are ignoring him, who do you like on guitar?

Bmore on April 15, 2012 at 2:38 AM

C’mon folks this guy was not bad on guitar..:)

Dire Straits on April 15, 2012 at 2:39 AM

Bmore, look what you have started now! ;)

uncommon sense on April 15, 2012 at 2:39 AM

Well unless I’m mistaken no one has posted this fellow.

Bmore on April 15, 2012 at 2:30 AM

Laugh at me if you want to, but was that Bill Murray with a wig announcing the act?

arnold ziffel on April 15, 2012 at 2:39 AM

Pull up a chair and we will pour you a tall one.

SparkPlug on April 15, 2012 at 2:37 AM

Thank you very much, Good Sir! I’ll have to take a rain check, however, as I need to get up early. Good night to you all!

GOPRanknFile on April 15, 2012 at 2:41 AM

may me off track here but…No MoreTears by Black Sabbath…awesome guitar and tune

tank_killer69 on April 15, 2012 at 2:38 AM

This?

Bmore on April 15, 2012 at 2:41 AM

Also got to include this guy..:)

Dire Straits on April 15, 2012 at 2:41 AM

GOPRanknFile on April 15, 2012 at 2:41 AM

Good night

uncommon sense on April 15, 2012 at 2:41 AM

arnold ziffel on April 15, 2012 at 2:39 AM

Bmore on April 15, 2012 at 2:41 AM

Bmore….
awesome

tank_killer69 on April 15, 2012 at 2:42 AM

pat on April 15, 2012 at 2:33 AM

What did I do now?

arnold ziffel on April 15, 2012 at 2:42 AM

may me off track here but…No MoreTears by Black Sabbath…awesome guitar and tune

tank_killer69 on April 15, 2012 at 2:38 AM

Since that didn’t have Tony playing lead, I get to post this.

Bmore on April 15, 2012 at 2:44 AM

Its late and I’m sure someone has posted this already, but it is still incredible.

uncommon sense on April 15, 2012 at 2:44 AM

Well unless I’m mistaken no one has posted this fellow.

Bmore on April 15, 2012 at 2:30 AM

A right good fellow he is. Nice one.

roflmao!..:)

Dire Straits on April 15, 2012 at 2:29 AM

HAHAHAAHAHAHA….HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! (Breathing heavily) Gots ta have my fun. (BTW, could you believe those guys–with the lipstick? They got some chicks, too. I think the lead dude was with P Anderson before the other slimy MFer.)

uncommon sense on April 15, 2012 at 2:30 AM

Never heard of those guys. It seemed okay, to me.

arnold ziffel on April 15, 2012 at 2:34 AM

The solution is to not read comments on YT. Doing so has been clinically proven to shave IQ points from the most astute web-crawler.

RedCrow on April 15, 2012 at 2:45 AM

If you can tape him together this band has a great guitar player IMHO!..:)

Dire Straits on April 15, 2012 at 2:45 AM

Good Night GOPRanknFile, Sleep Well.

Bmore on April 15, 2012 at 2:46 AM

uncommon sense on April 15, 2012 at 2:44 AM

Now that is nice and peaceful. Will help me drift off to sleep.

arnold ziffel on April 15, 2012 at 2:46 AM

Some one had to do it!

Bmore on April 15, 2012 at 2:48 AM

Rocky IV, Jack Daniels, HorGases and Black Sabbath…all is well

tank_killer69 on April 15, 2012 at 2:49 AM

RedCrow on April 15, 2012 at 2:45 AM

Actually, AFI is one of the few punk bands that really progressed and you can see the difference between older stuff like that, and there new stuff (sorry no guitar solo).

uncommon sense on April 15, 2012 at 2:49 AM

Whoops…HotGas

tank_killer69 on April 15, 2012 at 2:50 AM

RedCrow on April 15, 2012 at 2:45 AM

I hear you..I just have a place in my heart for this guitarist and this band..:)

Dire Straits on April 15, 2012 at 2:50 AM

Dire Straits on April 15, 2012 at 2:50 AM

Awesome pull Dire

uncommon sense on April 15, 2012 at 2:51 AM

RedCrow on April 15, 2012 at 2:36 AM

Dire Straits on April 15, 2012 at 2:52 AM

RedCrow on April 15, 2012 at 2:45 AM

Some are quite funny. The other night I was searching through music for our little nightly training sessions and there was a vid clip from Led Zeppelin in the 70s. A poster made an astute point. To paraphrase: “It is so effing nice to watch a performer with vocal talent and musical skills be the center of the clip, and not have fifty gd camera angles making me crazy”. I agree.

arnold ziffel on April 15, 2012 at 2:52 AM

C’mon folks this guy was not bad on guitar..:)

Dire Straits on April 15, 2012 at 2:39 AM

Most excellent! I turned my email off until morning. ; )

Bmore on April 15, 2012 at 2:54 AM

uncommon sense on April 15, 2012 at 2:51 AM

They are a cool band..Who can forget this one..:)

PS..They look like they are having fun..:)

Dire Straits on April 15, 2012 at 2:56 AM

Most excellent! I turned my email off until morning. ; )

Bmore on April 15, 2012 at 2:54 AM

That doesn’t sound good, almost like having a party in the parents house and unplugging the phone. :0

uncommon sense on April 15, 2012 at 2:56 AM

They are a cool band..Who can forget this one..:)

PS..They look like they are having fun..:)

Dire Straits on April 15, 2012 at 2:56 AM

Very true, they are one of the classics and one of my favorites.

uncommon sense on April 15, 2012 at 2:58 AM

C’mon folks this guy was not bad on guitar..:)

Dire Straits on April 15, 2012 at 2:39 AM

Damn, Dire. A fella goes to get some ice and finds himself down four or five runs. WTF?!? (Uh–that’s “Winning the Future” to you kids out there.)

Loves me some Who, even though Pete is a pillow biter. (I still like Elton John, so I guess I should be consistent.) Cheap Truck is good, too. Now, I’ve got to move on–I suspect you have a staff of old Asian ladies typing for you between placement of mahjong tiles.

uncommon sense on April 15, 2012 at 2:49 AM

Dude–I like that tune! Thanks, I’ll have to check those guys out. A little “college music-y”, but that’s never deterred me before.

RedCrow on April 15, 2012 at 2:58 AM

Most excellent! I turned my email off until morning. ; )

Bmore on April 15, 2012 at 2:54 AM

The morning crew may have to work a double to clean this up.

RickB on April 15, 2012 at 2:58 AM

Dire Straits on April 15, 2012 at 2:56 AM

how about this Dire?

uncommon sense on April 15, 2012 at 3:00 AM

Ok everyone, I’ve gotta turn in.

Bmore, thanks for the fun, hopefully you don’t get into too much trouble : )

uncommon sense on April 15, 2012 at 3:03 AM

They are a cool band..Who can forget this one..:)

PS..They look like they are having fun..:)

Dire Straits on April 15, 2012 at 2:56 AM

Hey!, I’m taking a redo on one then. ; ) This. tank_killer69 will dig it.

Bmore on April 15, 2012 at 3:03 AM

Good Night uncommon sense, trouble? You did it. ; )

Bmore on April 15, 2012 at 3:04 AM

Somebody fire up the Zamboni and clean up this mess. The morning crew needs to setup a breakfast Buffett.

SparkPlug on April 15, 2012 at 3:06 AM

arnold ziffel on April 15, 2012 at 2:52 AM

Heh. Yeah, maybe. But most of the comments are filled with nonsequiters and curses. I’ve never commented on YT, ’cause I mostly just use it for music and video clips. (Why would I want to add my piss to the cesspool?) I’ve looked at the comments on some videos–mostly about repairing something, etc.

RedCrow on April 15, 2012 at 3:06 AM

Good Night uncommon sense, trouble? You did it. ; )

Bmore on April 15, 2012 at 3:04 AM

I suppose I can’t claim that I’m a newbie and everyone told me it was ok? :)

uncommon sense on April 15, 2012 at 3:08 AM

uncommon sense on April 15, 2012 at 2:44 AM

Great stuff..:)

Dire Straits on April 15, 2012 at 3:08 AM

SparkPlug on April 15, 2012 at 3:06 AM

Angry Mike usually pushes a mop through in about an hour-and-a-half.
Don’t worry–he’s paid hansomely for the service.

RedCrow on April 15, 2012 at 3:09 AM

Dire, I just checked, nothing so far. I’m gonna call it a night. Same place, same bat channel tomorrow evening? We can only hope. Don’t forget leave the windows cracked. Poor morning crew. I’m sorry. I just think its good for morale and it helps with P.R. You know a bunch of square Conservative types enjoying good guitar. Any how that’s my story< I'm stickin to it.

Good Night All.

Bmore on April 15, 2012 at 3:10 AM

RedCrow on April 15, 2012 at 2:58 AM

+ 100..I have very much enjoyed everyone’s posts..:)

Dire Straits on April 15, 2012 at 3:11 AM

Oh, and Dire, blame uncommon sense. He won’t read this. ; )

Bmore on April 15, 2012 at 3:11 AM

Bmore on April 15, 2012 at 3:10 AM

Later..:)

Dire Straits on April 15, 2012 at 3:12 AM

RedCrow on April 15, 2012 at 3:06 AM

The really stupid ones get going on WWII vids. “Nazi,Jap, fu—no you, fu more”. Real nice, some of the worst ones are from Americans.

arnold ziffel on April 15, 2012 at 3:13 AM

Later..:)

Dire Straits on April 15, 2012 at 3:12 AM

The thread count. Look at the count.

Bmore on April 15, 2012 at 3:13 AM

BTW, DIRE…
For the Grandpas from England, you shouldddda given this one.

Love that tune.

RedCrow on April 15, 2012 at 3:14 AM

Who is gonna be the one. Not me.

Bmore on April 15, 2012 at 3:14 AM

What up, crazy cats?

Rusty Allen on April 15, 2012 at 3:15 AM

Good Night All.

Bmore on April 15, 2012 at 3:10 AM

Nice hangin’ wit ya again, B.
(Even though you dissed me on numerous occasions! :) )

RedCrow on April 15, 2012 at 3:16 AM

What up, crazy cats?

Rusty Allen on April 15, 2012 at 3:15 AM

Crap Rusty, you were 666.

Bmore on April 15, 2012 at 3:17 AM

RedCrow on April 15, 2012 at 3:16 AM

Enjoyed it.

Bmore on April 15, 2012 at 3:18 AM

Obama’s / Hillary’s State Dept giving 7 resource-rich Alaskan islands to Russia?

Obama giving oil-rich Alaska islands to Russia

Agreement negotiated in total secrecy without state’s participation, public comment
Published: 6 hours ago

(WorldNewsTribune) Obama’s State Department is giving away seven strategic, resource-laden Alaskan islands to the Russians. Yes, to the Putin regime in the Kremlin. … The seven endangered islands in the Arctic Ocean and Bering Sea include one the size of Rhode Island and Delaware combined. The Russians are also to get the tens of thousands of square miles of oil-rich seabeds surrounding the islands. The Department of Interior estimates billions of barrels of oil are at stake.

The State Department has undertaken the giveaway in the guise of a maritime boundary agreement between Alaska and Siberia. Astoundingly, our federal government itself drew the line to put these seven Alaskan islands on the Russian side. But as an executive agreement, it could be reversed with the stroke of a pen by President Obama or Secretary Clinton.

rayra on April 15, 2012 at 3:20 AM

arnold ziffel on April 15, 2012 at 3:13 AM

Yeah. They get into giant arguments when neither party knows much of anything about the topic. Like this.

RedCrow on April 15, 2012 at 3:23 AM

Bmore on April 15, 2012 at 3:17 AM
Crap!

Rusty Allen on April 15, 2012 at 3:23 AM

rayra on April 15, 2012 at 3:20 AM

I heard about this (once) before.
You’d think it’d be a big deal, but…

RedCrow on April 15, 2012 at 3:25 AM

RedCrow on April 15, 2012 at 3:14 AM

Nice choice..Very nice choice.Plus the pictures were not bad either..:)

Dire Straits on April 15, 2012 at 3:29 AM

Dire Straits on April 15, 2012 at 3:29 AM

Right? Don’t know who she is, but…WOW.

RedCrow on April 15, 2012 at 3:34 AM

So, I’ll leave now with this.

(The crumb-trail here is: Someone posted Queen–>I thought of “Under Pressure” w/David Bowie–>”Ashes to Ashes”.)

Great music.

RedCrow on April 15, 2012 at 3:40 AM

I heard about this (once) before.
You’d think it’d be a big deal, but…

RedCrow on April 15, 2012 at 3:25 AM

Ah, who cares. We need to talk about Trayvon and Mitts wife. What’s Kim Kardashian doing these days? That is what matters Red Crow, get with it.

bazil9 on April 15, 2012 at 3:50 AM

AP : I bet you’re driving people away from Hot Air in droves.

DevilsPrinciple on April 15, 2012 at 3:50 AM

Paris Hilton peed today.

Rusty Allen on April 15, 2012 at 4:03 AM

bazil9 on April 15, 2012 at 3:50 AM

You really get it..I tip my fedora to you..:)

Dire Straits on April 15, 2012 at 4:06 AM

Dire Straits on April 15, 2012 at 4:06 AM

I always got it. ;)

Thanks for the h/t.

bazil9 on April 15, 2012 at 4:09 AM

Shezzz, would you youngsters go to bed and let the night man clean up?
There’s songs all over the floor, this is gonna take minute to clean up, dang kids……..

angrymike on April 15, 2012 at 4:11 AM

Paris Hilton peed today.

Rusty Allen on April 15, 2012 at 4:03 AM

Yeah, but how many times did she do #2? What did she eat today and how does she feel about the wars? Happy meals in SF? I can’t sleep without knowing.

bazil9 on April 15, 2012 at 4:13 AM

Bowie…I saw him in KC..nine months later I had a daughter that was baby girl Holmes for 3 days cause we all thought she was a boy, and on only had the name “David Michael” picked out. (Thank God she was born “normal”–all 10 fingers and toes, was an honor student…)

lovingmyUSA on April 15, 2012 at 4:15 AM

Angry Mike, up with you man. We always meet at odd hours. :)

Dire left a mess and spark plug is drinking Zima. What to do.

bazil9 on April 15, 2012 at 4:15 AM

I like this guy

lovingmyUSA on April 15, 2012 at 4:16 AM

Ok…… cleaned up…….. coffee ready ……. as long as Fallon remembered the doughnut’s the morning crew is set…… You dang kids had better clean up after yourselves next week, or I quit…..

angrymike on April 15, 2012 at 4:18 AM

You guys always get me lost in youtube land and I go crazy trying to catch up on the thread…

lovingmyUSA on April 15, 2012 at 4:19 AM

lovingmyUSA on April 15, 2012 at 4:19 AM

You work a night shift, no?

bazil9 on April 15, 2012 at 4:20 AM

B9
Yes, we have to stop meeting like this DHChron will start wondering ………;-)

angrymike on April 15, 2012 at 4:21 AM

bazil9 on April 15, 2012 at 3:50 AM

It was my privilege..:

Dire Straits on April 15, 2012 at 4:21 AM

Well back to bed, see ya b9 ……,..

angrymike on April 15, 2012 at 4:23 AM

angrymike on April 15, 2012 at 4:21 AM
haha, you were my first dude. DHC will have to wonder. Hes like our kid. lol

bazil9 on April 15, 2012 at 4:23 AM

lovingmyUSA on April 15, 2012 at 4:19 AM

I know what you mean..It is awesome!!..:)

PS..Good to see you..:)

Dire Straits on April 15, 2012 at 4:24 AM

Later Mike,
Thanks Dire.

I am off to sleep land myself.

bazil9 on April 15, 2012 at 4:24 AM

Thanks and yes I work the night shift…hospital, private duty…

lovingmyUSA on April 15, 2012 at 4:29 AM

How ya doing Dire?

lovingmyUSA on April 15, 2012 at 4:30 AM

lovingmyUSA on April 15, 2012 at 4:30 AM

All is good with me..I hope you and yours are doing well..)

Dire Straits on April 15, 2012 at 4:35 AM

Yep, doing good. We had a hellova storm up here in Iowa, hit a hospital in a small town close to here. Trees down everywhere as I drove to work..

lovingmyUSA on April 15, 2012 at 4:38 AM

lovingmyUSA on April 15, 2012 at 4:38 AM

I hope everyone is okay..:)

Dire Straits on April 15, 2012 at 4:43 AM