Quotes of the day

posted at 10:01 pm on April 14, 2012 by Allahpundit

“When it comes to the Mommy Wars, the only thing that’s more predictable than overwrought emotion and disingenuous indignation is the fact that everyone always misses the point: it’s all about the money, honey…

“Whether you’re a father with a stay-at-home wife, a working mother with a partner, or a single mother on her own, the buck stops with you if you’re providing the primary financial support for your family—and that responsibility is often terrifying. We all have our wide-awake-at-3-in-the-morning nights, and no doubt Mrs. Romney has endured her share. But her worries, however grave, have never included the ability to feed her kids or keep a roof over their heads — and those are problems that regularly torture countless American women.”

***

“You’d have to be a monster to deny that Ann Romney has had a rough time of it these last few years. Breast cancer and multiple sclerosis? We should obviously sympathize and send her well wishes. But nothing about that should prevent us from also looking honestly at her background and asking how representative a symbol of twenty-first century American womanhood she is. Liberals shouldn’t sneer at the fact that she never held a job outside the home (if only Hilary Rosen had phrased it in the clinical, social science-y way I just did, this ‘controversy’ probably never would have erupted!). But conservatives have no business pretending that she represents anything beyond what she in fact is, which is a woman who was born to fantastic privilege and who married into even more fantastic privilege, and who simply hasn’t had to make the hard choices that many women have to make. She turns out not even to represent stay-at-home moms very well at all, and if Republicans think this little fracas is rallying stay-at-home moms to their reactionary cause, they’re deluding themselves…

“The Census Bureau studied this question for the first time (?!) in 2007, and the results were, to me, totally surprising and fascinating. Stay-at-home mothers, you probably think, are more likely to be white, well-off, proper, all-around June Cleaver-ish. Uh, June Cleaver was around 50 years ago and lived on TV. In today’s actual America, stay-at-home moms are more likely to be: younger; Hispanic (Latina, if you prefer); foreign-born; less well educated. About one-quarter of married mothers of children under 15 didn’t work outside the home, the bureau found; and fully 19 percent of that one-quarter had less than a high-school degree, while that was true of just 8 percent of working mothers. This suggests pretty clearly that a significant number of women who stay at home don’t do so by choice, but because they don’t have marketable skills—or because they can’t get jobs that pay enough to cover the cost of childcare.”

***

“Why did Democrats feel such an urgent need to distance themselves from a comment that was 1) accurate — Romney doesn’t exactly have much in common with the 75% of women who now work for a living — and 2) frankly inoffensive? (I happen to agree with the Washington Post‘s Ruth Marcus that Rosen’s only real fault, in the Anderson Cooper exchange, lay in forgetting to use the politically correct phrase ‘work outside the home’ instead of the politically toxic word work to describe the remunerative activity Romney didn’t have to engage in.)

“That the Democrats felt such a need to throw Rosen under a bus suggests to me that they, like the Romney campaign itself, are guilty both of knee-jerk cynicism in regards to female voters and of being out of touch. We all know, on the one hand, that there’s a certain portion of the population that feels not just left behind but generally dissed by what they identify as the evolution of attitudes and mores in our era: they’re the Sarah Palin constituency. But these conservative women were never going to vote for Obama anyway. If you widen your sights beyond them, the larger truth about American women (and men) reveals that the deep-seated attitudinal divisions that once underlay our great national drama over women’s roles, and over working motherhood in particular, are now largely a thing of the past.”

***

“When Ann Romney’s husband, who faces a gender gap in some polls, uses her experience and insight as a megaphone for women’s concern over fewer paid jobs, he mistakenly assumes that all women are fungible. Which was, I take it, Rosen’s original point.

“Although Ann Romney may be a fine spokesperson on some issues, the dirty little secret of angling for female votes is that while all women’s work, inside or outside the home, has the same worth, as Michelle Obama and Barbara Bush sweetly expressed, all women do not have the same interests. Women who work in the home do not have the same interest in the recovery of the formal job market as women who have to work for pay. Indeed, wage-earning women probably have more in common with their paycheck-dependent male co-workers on the subject of economic recovery than with household laborers such as Ann Romney…

“Women whose work consists of caring for their households and children don’t need to worry about being paid less than their male counterparts. First, they aren’t paid at all, in any formal sense, and second, unless their husbands take a male spouse alongside them — an unlikely social development — they won’t confront sex discrimination at their workplace. Actually, Romney himself, a proud member of the capitalist economy and of a religious minority with a history of discrimination, has more in common with female workers than his wife does in discouraging arbitrary workplace discrimination. Ann Romney huffily reminded her husband’s detractors that some of his best employees have been women. But they were his employees; why is he using his wife to get that message out?”

***

“Roughly 73 percent of American moms are now working. It’s not only how our families work, it is how our economy works. Two-thirds of American families rely on women as breadwinners or co-breadwinners. In fact, most American kids’ economic survival depends on a woman in the work force…

“Lost in this retro war of words is the fact that most mothers today work hard to take care of their children and at the same time, they have to work hard to earn a living elsewhere. Conservatives and progressives can debate the merits of whether that is a good idea — but it’s the reality in which most American families live…

“I agree with Ann Romney that ‘we need to respect choices that women make.’ But for many moms, the economic reality of their lives doesn’t leave a lot of ‘choices.’ It leaves a lot of hard decisions about how many hours a day they can spend with their children and how many hours of sleep they can miss to provide for them.”

***

“Rosen was forced to apologize, but she really shouldn’t have. Being a mom (stay-at-home or not) is hard work for most people, but the parts of it that are hard work, figuring out how to feed, clothe, and shelter your kids, how to educate them, how to keep them safe in a dangerous world, are things that don’t exist when you’ve got $250 million in the bank. When you’ve got that kind of cheddar, even the chores associated with parenting (stay-at-home or not) cease to count as work. If you’ve got a quarter-billion in the bank and you’re still doing your own laundry, that’s a hobby.

“But absent the pressures of everyday life for the average American parent, the actual raising of children, being there for them, loving them, whether it’s full-time stay-at-home style or struggling to fit it in with a job, isn’t work. It’s a privilege, and I think most Americans (excepting the entrenched culture warriors who would vote for any Republican with a pulse), when faced with the offensive notion that Ann Romney’s struggles as a multi-hundred-millionaire mom somehow mirrors their own, will be more put-off than sympathetic.

“That’s why the President and his team’s handling of this has been so wrong-headed. President Obama cast Rosen’s remarks as an attack on Ann Romney, but it wasn’t. It was an attack on Mitt Romney for fixing his entire policy focus on women around whatever he and his ultra-privileged wife banter about while they’re trotting around on dressage horses. If he told a crowd that he was taking her policy advice on something else that she knows nothing about, say, foreign policy, no one would have any problem with this sort of critique.”

***

“For the last many years, I have been the single most important influence on my children. Yes, they go to school (public school, yet); and yes, they both have thriving social lives; and yes, I’ve been unable to insulate them from a Leftist pop culture that is hostile to traditional norms and to conservatives generally, but I’m still the most important person. Of all the influences in their lives, I am the one who is most present, most consistent, and most trusted. I’m sure they’ll pull away as they get older, and they may even rebel, but I’ll still be that little voice in their brain, imparting facts, values, and analyses.

I am the counterweight to the state. Therefore, I am dangerous. I am subversive simply by existing. My love for my children is a dominant force that works its way into their psyches and that trumps the state-run schools and the state complicit media world. Some mothers, of course, are entirely in sync with schools and media. They happily reinforce the statist message. But those of us who don’t are a powerful anti-statist force and we must be challenged.

“The Left’s problem with Ann Romney transcends her husband’s wealth, her (and his) Republican identification, and her decision to work for her children, rather than for a paying employer. The Left’s problem with Ann Romney is that she represents the triumph of the individual.”

***

Via BuzzFeed.

***

“But what she meant to say, I think, was that Ann Romney has never gotten her ass out of the house to work. No one’s denying that being a mother is a tough job. I remember I was a handful. But, you know, there is a big difference between being a mother, and that tough job, and getting your ass out of the door at 7 a.m. when it’s cold, having to deal with the boss, being in a workplace, where even if you’re unhappy you can’t show it for eight hours. That is kind of a different kind of tough thing.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 4 5 6 7 8

I heard this man can play the guitar kind of OK.

arnold ziffel on April 15, 2012 at 1:14 AM

Nice one.

Bmore on April 15, 2012 at 1:20 AM

arnold ziffel on April 15, 2012 at 1:17 AM

LOLz..sorry DHC..Arnold has you beat.

Glad my HA guys got the big guns. *chuckling*

Which reminds me..where is my other main dudes..predator and angry mike?

bazil9 on April 15, 2012 at 1:20 AM

RedCrow think guitar solos, no repeats. ; )

Bmore on April 15, 2012 at 1:14 AM

Oh, did someone already post that?
Usually, when I come to a thread very late–meaning it’s several pages deep–and I haven’t read all the comments I state that fact in my post. So, you caught me the one time I didn’t give the disclaimer.

I also wasn’t aware we were going for guitar solos.

My bad.

RedCrow on April 15, 2012 at 1:21 AM

I always thought Mike Campbell was a very good guitarist.

jaime on April 15, 2012 at 1:21 AM

+ 10..Just awesome..:)

Dire Straits on April 15, 2012 at 1:17 AM

Dire I know I have hit this before, but I’ve got to post it for this one. It just wouldn’t be right not to. But just for clarity, Bellew can still be posted.

Bmore on April 15, 2012 at 1:23 AM

Also, to address that buzz in my left ear…

HEY EAR–SHUT UP!!!

RedCrow on April 15, 2012 at 1:24 AM

I usually enjoy the music links..skipping tonight- B9 has a headache.
Carry on.

bazil9 on April 15, 2012 at 1:24 AM

arnold ziffel on April 15, 2012 at 1:14 AM

Yep, pretty good

jaime on April 15, 2012 at 1:24 AM

Schweet!

Bmore on April 15, 2012 at 1:18 AM

Maybe you’d like a little Lifeson?

uncommon sense on April 15, 2012 at 1:25 AM

I also wasn’t aware we were going for guitar solos.

My bad.

RedCrow on April 15, 2012 at 1:21 AM

No, your good, a big name just hit the floor, remember he just can’t be repeated. ; )

Bmore on April 15, 2012 at 1:25 AM

your=you’re

Bmore on April 15, 2012 at 1:26 AM

RedCrow on April 15, 2012 at 1:12 AM

PS..I bet that was an awesome concert..:)

Dire Straits on April 15, 2012 at 1:26 AM

Dire Straits on April 15, 2012 at 1:16 AM

That was really good. I had no idea they ever played together. I might listen to that one again.

jaime on April 15, 2012 at 1:27 AM

Carry on.

bazil9 on April 15, 2012 at 1:24 AM

I understand, lead guitar not always good for headaches. ; )

Bmore on April 15, 2012 at 1:27 AM

OK, how about a little humor?

When the bogey man goes to bed, he checks his closet for Chuck Norris.

uncommon sense on April 15, 2012 at 1:27 AM

Maybe you’d like a little Lifeson?

uncommon sense on April 15, 2012 at 1:25 AM

Dang, beat me to it. A personal fav.

Bmore on April 15, 2012 at 1:29 AM

Maybe you’d like a little Lifeson?

uncommon sense on April 15, 2012 at 1:25 AM

That link sucked, I demand a redo! ; )

Bmore on April 15, 2012 at 1:30 AM

Rock ‘N’ Roll Ain’t Noise Pollution

RedCrow on April 15, 2012 at 1:24 AM

Sometimes it is, sometimes it isn’t.

jaime on April 15, 2012 at 1:30 AM

Dire, I think this will go faster than you thought.

Bmore on April 15, 2012 at 1:13 AM

I’m enjoying it..But we haven’t even scratched the surface..You could list all of this guy’s stuff..I have never seen him do bad on a guitar..:)

Dire Straits on April 15, 2012 at 1:31 AM

Here ya go, B–I’ll play your little game.

I WIN! (Maniacal laughter)

RedCrow on April 15, 2012 at 1:31 AM

Has Roy been played.

RickB on April 15, 2012 at 1:32 AM

Dire Straits on April 15, 2012 at 1:31 AM

Now you’re talking, er… linking

jaime on April 15, 2012 at 1:33 AM

RedCrow on April 15, 2012 at 1:31 AM

Alright, that was funny.

jaime on April 15, 2012 at 1:34 AM

Maybe you’d like a little Lifeson?

uncommon sense on April 15, 2012 at 1:25 AM

That link sucked, I demand a redo! ; )

Bmore on April 15, 2012 at 1:30 AM

uncommon sense, I’m taking the liberty of re-posting something on Lifesons behalf. He deserved better.

Bmore on April 15, 2012 at 1:35 AM

Dire Straits on April 15, 2012 at 1:31 AM

Heh. I refrained and gave you Bell Bottom Blues.
I wondered how long it would be before someone threw down some SRV.
(Cindy Munford has posted some, before.)

SRV is usually the first name I think of when I hear the word ‘guitar’. (Or, Jimi.)

Well played, sir.

RedCrow on April 15, 2012 at 1:35 AM

RickB on April 15, 2012 at 1:32 AM

That guy was an amazing musician, not just on the guitar.

jaime on April 15, 2012 at 1:35 AM

Here ya go, B–I’ll play your little game.

I WIN! (Maniacal laughter)

RedCrow on April 15, 2012 at 1:31 AM

“But ours go to eleven!” :)

uncommon sense on April 15, 2012 at 1:36 AM

Bmore on April 15, 2012 at 1:35 AM

Thank you.

jaime on April 15, 2012 at 1:36 AM

Bmore on April 15, 2012 at 1:35 AM

no gripes here.

uncommon sense on April 15, 2012 at 1:36 AM

Here ya go, B–I’ll play your little game.

I WIN! (Maniacal laughter)

RedCrow on April 15, 2012 at 1:31 AM

Fine you know I’m a huge fan. My question to you since you started at the near top. Where are you going from there? (Maniacal laughter)

Bmore on April 15, 2012 at 1:37 AM

Thank you.

jaime on April 15, 2012 at 1:36 AM

You’re welcomed.

no gripes here.

uncommon sense on April 15, 2012 at 1:36 AM

He is one of the under rated best at the game. We had to give him his due. ; )

Bmore on April 15, 2012 at 1:39 AM

jaime on April 15, 2012 at 1:34 AM

Lol. Thanks.
That’s my favorite movie.
I’ve seen it about a kajillion times (+/-302,132).
(And, yes–my friends and I used to be those annoying bastards who recited the movie, scene-by-scene, while innocents in the vicinity looked on, confused.)

RedCrow on April 15, 2012 at 1:39 AM

Has Roy been played.

RickB on April 15, 2012 at 1:32 AM

He has now. ; )

Bmore on April 15, 2012 at 1:40 AM

Don’t think this has been posted yet?

uncommon sense on April 15, 2012 at 1:41 AM

Dire Straits on April 15, 2012 at 1:31 AM

Here ya go, B–I’ll play your little game.

I WIN! (Maniacal laughter)

RedCrow on April 15, 2012 at 1:31 AM

That was just an incidental over post. No foul.

Bmore on April 15, 2012 at 1:42 AM

uncommon sense on April 15, 2012 at 1:41 AM

No, but that was an excellent choice.

jaime on April 15, 2012 at 1:42 AM

Let me just sneak this one in so I can say I contributed to the solo feeling of the evening…

ExpressoBold on April 15, 2012 at 1:43 AM

Don’t think this has been posted yet?

uncommon sense on April 15, 2012 at 1:41 AM

Look at you, nice come back. ; )

Bmore on April 15, 2012 at 1:43 AM

Bmore on April 15, 2012 at 1:37 AM

Oh! Smack me with the gauntlet, will ya’?
I’ll have to sick my buddy Duane on you, mister.

RedCrow on April 15, 2012 at 1:44 AM

ExpressoBold on April 15, 2012 at 1:43 AM

Nobody will claim you are a slow hand :)

uncommon sense on April 15, 2012 at 1:44 AM

*hic…….

equanimous on April 15, 2012 at 1:46 AM

ExpressoBold on April 15, 2012 at 1:43 AM

Very nice RedCrow had dropped Eric earlier but yours is better. See that Red Crow, ; )

Bmore on April 15, 2012 at 1:48 AM

This guy still has it and I thought the acoustic guitar was an interesting touch.

uncommon sense on April 15, 2012 at 1:48 AM

RedCrow on April 15, 2012 at 1:44 AM

Not to get too personal, but you’ve concluded that Duane was better than Dickey?

jaime on April 15, 2012 at 1:49 AM

ExpressoBold on April 15, 2012 at 1:43 AM

Awesome.
Too bad you’re disqualified ’cause I already posted Bell Bottom Blues. (Hey, man, talk to Bmore–I didn’t make the crazy rules to this game.)

(If it were up to me, I’d give you a pass, but…)

Lol. I keeeeed. That was a good ‘un.

RedCrow on April 15, 2012 at 1:49 AM

If a tree doesn’t fall in the woods does it make silence?

SparkPlug on April 15, 2012 at 1:50 AM

Some huge names have already hit the floor Dire. Still your names sake. Absent? Whats up with that?

Bmore on April 15, 2012 at 1:50 AM

jaime on April 15, 2012 at 1:49 AM

Mostly ’cause he died smashing his motorcycle into the back of a garbage truck.

(Also, I think Duane did most of the slide, and that’s what I was thinking of at the time.)

(Also, I just like writing the name “Duane”. It just feels good, so I go for it.)

RedCrow on April 15, 2012 at 1:51 AM

Garbage truck? That’s a drag, man.

jaime on April 15, 2012 at 1:53 AM

jaime on April 15, 2012 at 1:27 AM

Yes..They did some great stuff together..I highly recommend giving their stuff a spin..:)

Dire Straits on April 15, 2012 at 1:53 AM

Not sure if this he was played, but I also thought this was appropriate for Uppereastside.

uncommon sense on April 15, 2012 at 1:54 AM

(If it were up to me, I’d give you a pass, but…)

Lol. I keeeeed. That was a good ‘un.

RedCrow on April 15, 2012 at 1:49 AM

Not to gloat but:

Bmore on April 15, 2012 at 1:48 AM

You could actually give me the pass and with Bmore’s blessing…. !!!!!! I don’t want to put Bmore in a position to break his rules of the exercise, though.

ExpressoBold on April 15, 2012 at 1:54 AM

Bmore on April 15, 2012 at 1:48 AM

Man. Can’t get no love. (Don’t you disparage BBB, B.) :)

Now, I’m gonna smack! ya with this.

RedCrow on April 15, 2012 at 1:54 AM

jaime on April 15, 2012 at 1:49 AM

Mostly ’cause he died smashing his motorcycle into the back of a garbage truck.

RedCrow on April 15, 2012 at 1:51 AM

No reason to get all bogged down in the minutia. Dickey is still available to post. : )

Bmore on April 15, 2012 at 1:54 AM

ExpressoBold on April 15, 2012 at 1:54 AM

LOL! ; )

Bmore on April 15, 2012 at 1:55 AM

Bmore on April 15, 2012 at 1:50 AM

Oh he is here!..Pure poetry..Just awesome..IMHO..:

Dire Straits on April 15, 2012 at 1:56 AM

Man. Can’t get no love. (Don’t you disparage BBB, B.) :)

Now, I’m gonna smack! ya with this.

RedCrow on April 15, 2012 at 1:54 AM

Ah Baby Man you know I loves that.

Bmore on April 15, 2012 at 1:56 AM

ExpressoBold on April 15, 2012 at 1:54 AM

Well…ya got off, after all.

Though, I suspect that it was that East German judge’s doing.

RedCrow on April 15, 2012 at 1:56 AM

GOP primary voters have been accused of being anti-Mormon, hence Santorum’s wins, but it’s obvious who the real Mormon haters are.

SouthernGent on April 15, 2012 at 1:56 AM

If a tree doesn’t fall in the woods does it make silence?

SparkPlug on April 15, 2012 at 1:50 AM

Lolz..:)..I see what you did there!..:)

Dire Straits on April 15, 2012 at 1:59 AM

I have to give this Hat Tip to one of the original standard bearers.

Bmore on April 15, 2012 at 2:00 AM

Dire Straits on April 15, 2012 at 1:56 AM

Funny how when I was a kid, and “Money For Nothin’” was playing on MTV, I didn’t appreciate that guy at all.

I had to get a little older before I recognized the talent. (I like that he brings a sense of humor to the gig, also.)

I think at that time, I was more into Guns N Roses and stuff like this.

Then, I found the blues…and the rest, as they say, is history.

RedCrow on April 15, 2012 at 2:01 AM

Uhm, you guys forgot to clean up all the beer cans from last night. And get the bottle of Zima the hell out of here.

SparkPlug on April 15, 2012 at 2:01 AM

SouthernGent on April 15, 2012 at 1:56 AM

I’ll betcha $10,000.00 bucks it ain’t the ones that play a fine a$$ guitar.

Bmore on April 15, 2012 at 2:01 AM

I have to give this Hat Tip to one of the original standard bearers.

Bmore on April 15, 2012 at 2:00 AM

very cool

uncommon sense on April 15, 2012 at 2:01 AM

Oh he is here!..Pure poetry..Just awesome..IMHO..:

Dire Straits on April 15, 2012 at 1:56 AM

Slow out of the gate with that winner. : )

Bmore on April 15, 2012 at 2:02 AM

Bmore on April 15, 2012 at 2:00 AM

LOL! “Dead Shrimp Blues”!!!
I’ve known about RJ for many years, but I ain’t never heard that one.
Love it.

RedCrow on April 15, 2012 at 2:03 AM

Well…ya got off, after all.

Though, I suspect that it was that East German judge’s doing.

RedCrow on April 15, 2012 at 1:56 AM

LULZ !!!!!!!!!
Danka, Komerade !!!!!!! Wie treu sind deine Blätter! !!!!!

ExpressoBold on April 15, 2012 at 2:04 AM

RedCrow on April 15, 2012 at 2:01 AM

+ 100..I hear you and agree fully..:)

PS..It is when you stat listening and tuning into the “B” sides that you find out what it is all about..:)

Dire Straits on April 15, 2012 at 2:04 AM

SparkPlug on April 15, 2012 at 2:01 AM

I take full responsibility for that. I just wasn’t feeling it last night. I’ll try not to let it happen again. Who do you like for guitar there SparkPlug?

Bmore on April 15, 2012 at 2:05 AM

And get the bottle of Zima the hell out of here.

SparkPlug on April 15, 2012 at 2:01 AM

Ok. That made me laugh.

RedCrow on April 15, 2012 at 2:06 AM

The Godfather of guitar.

RickB on April 15, 2012 at 2:07 AM

*hic…….

equanimous on April 15, 2012 at 1:46 AM

wow…thats strange, random hotair link instead of http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZZl9EYmKA8 that I inserted…

and it is still doing it… I don’t get it…

equanimous on April 15, 2012 at 2:08 AM

This is very good guitar but it overshadowed in the song by..Well you will see what I mean..:)

Dire Straits on April 15, 2012 at 2:09 AM

And get the bottle of Zima the hell out of here.

SparkPlug on April 15, 2012 at 2:01 AM

The girls were playing with it! We didn’t know what they were doing! Fer Real!

ExpressoBold on April 15, 2012 at 2:09 AM

Bmore, screw the guitar–just listen to this voice.

RedCrow on April 15, 2012 at 2:09 AM

Ok RedCrow, couldn’t find any better solo of East Bay Ray, but now we will venture to the opposite end of the Spinal Tap spectrum. :)

uncommon sense on April 15, 2012 at 2:10 AM

Yes..One of the best..Inspired a lot of great guitar players..Including this one..:)

Dire Straits on April 15, 2012 at 1:16 AM

I clicked on that one, great pair. On the rt panel were other vids—Knopfler and Clapton at a couple of different venues. How cool would that be to watch the musical genius of those guys live?

arnold ziffel on April 15, 2012 at 2:10 AM

The Godfather of guitar.

RickB on April 15, 2012 at 2:07 AM

That was really nice… wish I had thought of him

ExpressoBold on April 15, 2012 at 2:11 AM

man that’s wild, no matter what link I insert it points to this page…am I being pranked?

equanimous on April 15, 2012 at 2:14 AM

Not quite a guitar.

a capella on April 15, 2012 at 2:14 AM

Don’t know if this will qualify, but had to through it out there.

uncommon sense on April 15, 2012 at 2:18 AM

uncommon sense on April 15, 2012 at 2:10 AM

Lol. I bet some people got HURT at that show.

But, check out the guitar wizardry in this one.

Then, when you’re done you can be officially blown out of the water by this musical genius.

RedCrow on April 15, 2012 at 2:18 AM

Bmore on April 15, 2012 at 2:05 AM

Guitar? Jimmy Page hands down. Carlos Santana not bad.

But Slim Whitman is way misunderestimtated.

SparkPlug on April 15, 2012 at 2:19 AM

The Godfather of guitar.

RickB on April 15, 2012 at 2:07 AM

Awesome..This is a thread winner..:)

Dire Straits on April 15, 2012 at 2:19 AM

equanimous on April 15, 2012 at 2:14 AM

One can only imagine how cool Mozarts guitar work would have been. One of my all time favorite composers. Did you delete the existing http: from the link box before pasting in your link. That’s all I can think of that it might be.

Bmore on April 15, 2012 at 2:20 AM

How cool would that be to watch the musical genius of those guys live?

arnold ziffel on April 15, 2012 at 2:10 AM

That would be off the charts cool..:)

Dire Straits on April 15, 2012 at 2:20 AM

equanimous on April 15, 2012 at 2:18 AM

I think you got it!

Nice pick, too. (That’s well before Ozzy started pissin’ hisself.) (Lol.)

RedCrow on April 15, 2012 at 2:21 AM

ExpressoBold on April 15, 2012 at 2:09 AM

That stuff is bug repellant. Keeps the skeeters away.

SparkPlug on April 15, 2012 at 2:21 AM

RedCrow on April 15, 2012 at 2:18 AM

Yes very cool, I was going to hit the Clash next, Sex Pistols was a good pull, I would have thrown in some Fear, but their lyrics might not please all.

uncommon sense on April 15, 2012 at 2:21 AM

What about Roy Clarke? Any good.

SparkPlug on April 15, 2012 at 2:22 AM

Slash? Any good?

SparkPlug on April 15, 2012 at 2:23 AM

SparkPlug on April 15, 2012 at 2:19 AM

Something like this maybe?

Bmore on April 15, 2012 at 2:24 AM

Don’t think this has been posted yet?

uncommon sense on April 15, 2012 at 1:41 AM

This is what I like about HA and QOTD. I was looking at the more recent musicians links and even though I love them had forgotten about Dick Dale and Roy Clark.

arnold ziffel on April 15, 2012 at 2:26 AM

Now, here’s the thread winner!!!

RedCrow on April 15, 2012 at 2:26 AM

What about Roy Clarke? Any good.

SparkPlug on April 15, 2012 at 2:22 AM

One of the best..Outstanding on banjo also..:)

Dire Straits on April 15, 2012 at 2:26 AM

Dire, we better both be checking our email in the a.m. 600 comments. ; )

Bmore on April 15, 2012 at 2:26 AM

HAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Got ya!

(I’m a little ashamed that I did that–it was just too good to resist!) (HAHAHAHAHA!)

(Damn, my gut hurts.)

RedCrow on April 15, 2012 at 2:27 AM

equanimous on April 15, 2012 at 2:14 AM

I think this is your problem.

RickB on April 15, 2012 at 2:28 AM