Video: Romney campaign uses new secret weapon at NRA meeting

posted at 9:53 pm on April 13, 2012 by Allahpundit

Via Supplyboys News, it’s hard to tell from the audio but ABC says Ann Romney got a “hero’s welcome” and a “rock-star reception” from the crowd. Team Mitt must have anticipated it: It sounds like her intro here, which is brief and halting in spots, might have been a last-minute addition to capitalize on l’affaire Rosen. They were always planning to use her in their outreach to women, but now I wonder if her profile’s been sufficiently raised that they’re going to expand her role on the trail more generally. Is that good news or bad? On the one hand, she’s warm and sympathetic. On the other hand, per Byron York, it’s a further temptation to playing Obama’s “war on women” game:

The underlying point they’re trying to make, say Romney aides, is that the big issue for women is the economy, and not contraceptives or abortion, as Democrats screaming “war on women” would have voters believe. Of course, those issues that matter most to women — jobs, economic growth, the price of gas — matter just as much to men. None of them involves a “war on women” by anybody.

One of the main themes of the Romney campaign is that in 2009 and 2010, when Americans were desperate for a president to devote his energies to creating jobs and fixing the economy, Obama was instead obsessed with passing an intrusive and vastly expensive national health care plan, as well as with pushing through Congress a pork-laden stimulus, and even hoped to pass a cap-and-trade scheme that would have reordered the parts of the economy that hadn’t already been reordered by the health care scheme.

Yet now Romney calls Obama’s obvious economic failures “the real war on women.” Romney’s motives are pretty transparent: He’s trying to fight back against the Democrats’ latest talking point. But Republicans know the Democratic charge is ridiculous. Why make one of their own?

Feminists are waiting for her too:

“I simply have not seen her in any way as an advocate for women’s empowerment in society,” said Kim Gandy, the former head of the National Organization for Women, of Ann Romney before Rosen’s comments. “And since Gov. Romney looks to her to find out what women care about, that does not bode well. I haven’t heard her speaking out about increasing women’s opportunity for higher paid employment, for women in non-traditional occupations, specifically for increasing pay equity for women, closing the pay gap, certainly not on women’s reproductive rights.”

Privately, senior Democrats are even more candid — predicting that the relitigating of the Mommy Wars against the backdrop of a larger Retro Mitt campaign is not a battle that any Republican, and especially not this one, can win.

“She doesn’t connect in any ways with the women that he has a problem with,” a Democratic strategist aligned with Obama said of Ann Romney, alluding to the GOP hopeful’s polling deficit with younger, college-educated women. “She’s as foreign to them as he is. That’s not to disparage anybody who stays home and raises kids. But she’s just not like them.”

A second Democratic strategist acknowledged that the Rosen flap was “messy today,” but added: “They’re not going to win on this issue.”

That’s from Politico’s piece on the Don Draper-ization of Romney, but even without having watched a single episode of “Mad Men” I know Mitt’s a starkly different character from DD. What’s really going on with Democrats, it seems, is the Ward Cleaver-ization of Romney, with Ann soon to be cast as June. Can sniping at the Romneys for being a wholesome nuclear family in the mold of 1950s America distract enough voters from protracted unemployment and crushing deficits to earn The One four more years of protracted unemployment and crushing deficits? Stay tuned.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

Did you get your “True Conservatives For Obama” T-shirt yet?

Ampersand on April 13, 2012 at 10:38 PM

Heh. Good one.

Curtiss on April 13, 2012 at 10:40 PM

DBear on April 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM

The envy enema is strong in this one.

cozmo on April 13, 2012 at 10:25 PM

…fify!

KOOLAID2 on April 13, 2012 at 10:38 PM

Refixed it, team effort. Go Team nutball bashers!

cozmo on April 13, 2012 at 10:40 PM

FTFY. And they will, too. Romney has no worries on this angle.

MelonCollie on April 13, 2012 at 10:39 PM

If you’re going to modify something, at least indicate what you fixed so as not to confuse other commenters. Not trying to give you a hard time, but just for future reference…

GOPRanknFile on April 13, 2012 at 10:41 PM

GOPRanknFile on April 13, 2012 at 10:41 PM

…sorry. I forget that and /sarc tags are needed, sometimes.

MelonCollie on April 13, 2012 at 10:42 PM

…sorry. I forget that and /sarc tags are needed, sometimes.

MelonCollie on April 13, 2012 at 10:42 PM

Heh…no worries!

GOPRanknFile on April 13, 2012 at 10:43 PM

OMG! Gross! I meant DEBATE.

SouthernGent on April 13, 2012 at 10:39 PM

LOL Okay. Whew.

cynccook on April 13, 2012 at 10:46 PM

I like Mitt, but seeing him speak to the NRA seems as natural as Obama hobnobbing around a blue collar town in PA. That varmint quote in ’08 was about as awkward as I can remember.

hot-heir on April 13, 2012 at 10:47 PM

Yeah right. The NRA is so dumb that they would prefer more 0bama.

Not this NRA member.

cozmo on April 13, 2012 at 10:36 PM

I can assure you that a lot of gun owners will not vote of Mitt. It is better for Obama to be POTUS than Mitt. He does not have any political capital at all in his second term.

All true conservatives and gun owners should not vote for Mitt.

jdun on April 13, 2012 at 10:48 PM

Byron York is wrong on this one. The GOP will win this war every day the Dems and MSM choose to litigate it.

The Dems know their “war on women” meme is crashing and burning. Now they are attempting a head fake out of desperation.

Among a multitude of facts, Romney has the BLS female unemployment numbers to prove who is conducting a war against women.

matthew8787 on April 13, 2012 at 10:48 PM

All true conservatives and gun owners should not vote for Mitt.
jdun on April 13, 2012 at 10:48 PM

Really? As a lame duck, he DOESN’T NEED ANY POLITICAL CAPITAL. Go and moby somewhere else.

cynccook on April 13, 2012 at 10:49 PM

Well, if the NRA ends up endorsing him (as they most certainly will), that will be good enough for most of us in the membership, I can assure you.

cynccook on April 13, 2012 at 10:29 PM

If the NRA sells out to Romney I hope serious 2nd amendment supporters take their money elsewhere. A lot of them already have.

FloatingRock on April 13, 2012 at 10:49 PM

All true conservatives and gun owners should not vote for Mitt.

jdun on April 13, 2012 at 10:48 PM

I guess some of them are just stuck on stupid.

Are you one?

Pray tell, who is the conservative on the ballot?

cozmo on April 13, 2012 at 10:51 PM

Yes it’s true. Ann Romney humanizes Mitt. And the Romney campaign is smart enough to put her in the game.

America, who do you want as your next First Lady? A frustrated Marxist agitator who’s into aerobics and is only proud of her country because it elected her husband? Or would you prefer a strong, confident, intelligent woman who loves her country as much as she loves her family??

NickDeringer on April 13, 2012 at 10:53 PM

FloatingRock:Gawd,I hope he doesn`t do a Flippy/Floppy!!(sarc):)

canopfor on April 13, 2012 at 10:29 PM

The first time there’s a mass murder involving firearms that the media can trumpet Romney will roll over just like always.

FloatingRock on April 13, 2012 at 10:54 PM

If you’re a true conservative and pro gun you should not vote for Mitt.

jdun on April 13, 2012 at 10:34 PM

Yeah right. The NRA is so dumb that they would prefer more 0bama.

Not this NRA member.

x1000

Gun owners are voters and they will be voting vehemently against Obama ….again. I have no real concern over Romney and any new gun legislation. Considering the current and likely future make-up of the Congress, I have no real concern about any new gun legislation.

Considering a 2nd term Obama working outside of the legislative process without concern for reelection or public opinion considering his hard bend against the right of Americans to own firearms and defend themselves……..I am very concerned.

I will do anything and everything I can to make sure Obama doesn’t have that chance……..particularly voting for Romney.

JoeinTX on April 13, 2012 at 10:54 PM

FloatingRock on April 13, 2012 at 10:49 PM

Dude, you know I respect you, but come on. There is absolutely NO WAY to Mitt Romney is a bigger threat to the Second Amendment that Barack Obama. Get a hold of yourself.

Whatever concerns may exist among NRA members about Romney, they pale in comparison to the group’s displeasure with Obama. One of the NRA’s top objectives is to oust him from office.

Wayne LaPierre, the group’s executive vice president, told today’s crowd that “America as we know it will be on its way to being lost forever” if Obama wins another term.“When the sun goes down on Election Day, Barack Obama will have us to thank for his defeat,” he said.

cynccook on April 13, 2012 at 10:57 PM

All true conservatives and gun owners should not vote for Mitt.

jdun on April 13, 2012 at 10:48 PM

I’m Barack Obama and I paid for this message. Well … actually George Soros did.

VorDaj on April 13, 2012 at 10:59 PM

Many may hate him, but they sure as heck hate Obama more. Like I said, the NRA will endorse Romney.

GOPRanknFile on April 13, 2012 at 10:39 PM

Yes that true. Gunowner hate Obama more but when push comes to shove they will not vote for Obama or Mitt. I sure won’t.

The NRA is skating on thin ice for sometime now. There are a lot more local and national organizations that does more goods. There has been an anti-NRA movement for the last 10 years from Gun owners.

It should be fun to watch the gun boards explode with hatred when the NRA endorse Mitt without any concession.

jdun on April 13, 2012 at 10:59 PM

jdun on April 13, 2012 at 10:59 PM

Go hang out there and don’t report back.

cozmo on April 13, 2012 at 11:01 PM

Among other things, the NRA’s job is to try to elect its members (and gun owners in general) politicians who will do the least to harm their right to keep and bear arms. I see Obama as a greater threat to that right than I see Romney. You can’t argue that point. At all.

Romney was a late-comer to the NRA, yeah, no doubt. But he is in the NRA.

Obama? Seriously?

JoeinTX on April 13, 2012 at 11:03 PM

If you’re a true conservative American and pro gun pro- Democracy you should will vote.
jdun on April 13, 2012 at 10:34 PM

Had to capitalize on the FIFY craze I’ve been meaning to try my hand at.

hot-heir on April 13, 2012 at 11:03 PM

I’m Barack Obama and I paid for this message. Well … actually George Soros did.

VorDaj on April 13, 2012 at 10:59 PM

I’m a true conservative. I don’t vote for baby killers, gun grabbers, and RINO. My conservative ideology is solid. I rather fight liberals than fight RINO within my own party.

True conservative don’t vote for Mitt.

jdun on April 13, 2012 at 11:03 PM

Did you get your “True Conservatives For Obama” T-shirt yet?

Ampersand on April 13, 2012 at 10:38 PM

Heh. Good one.

Curtiss on April 13, 2012 at 10:40 PM

…are they purple with yellow lettering?

KOOLAID2 on April 13, 2012 at 11:04 PM

I love Ann Romney!

djn on April 13, 2012 at 11:04 PM

I am really starting to loathe this Rosen woman. She’s making me rethink the digger I have for Romney. Thanks a lot Hilary.

angryed on April 13, 2012 at 11:04 PM

Had to capitalize on the FIFY craze I’ve been meaning to try my hand at.

hot-heir on April 13, 2012 at 11:03 PM

You did good…for practice.

Next time, use it on someone more worthy than a flamin’ anti-Romney nutball.

cozmo on April 13, 2012 at 11:05 PM

Digger? Damn you auto correct. Disgust.

angryed on April 13, 2012 at 11:05 PM

True conservative don’t vote for Mitt.

jdun on April 13, 2012 at 11:03 PM

…so if Mitt becomes the nominee against the Liar-in-Chief?

KOOLAID2 on April 13, 2012 at 11:06 PM

As long as Mrs. Romney avoids sleeveless dresses and teeny tiny sweaters she’ll do fine.

profitsbeard on April 13, 2012 at 11:06 PM

jdun on April 13, 2012 at 10:59 PM

What kind of concession do you expect?

hot-heir on April 13, 2012 at 11:06 PM

Had to capitalize on the FIFY craze I’ve been meaning to try my hand at.

hot-heir on April 13, 2012 at 11:03 PM

Do you actually believe that Mitt is pro freedom when he actively take people guns away from them in his own state? How many nanny laws did he enact in his own state?

Conservatives and Libertarians should not vote for Mitt.

jdun on April 13, 2012 at 11:06 PM

“Got to see Callista Gingrich at NRA’s Women’s Leadership Luncheon this afternoon. @MittRomney was great.”
***************************************

canopfor on April 13, 2012 at 11:07 PM

Conservatives and Libertarians should not vote for Mitt.

jdun on April 13, 2012 at 11:06 PM

Changing your tune already?

Geeze, a person of no principles.

cozmo on April 13, 2012 at 11:09 PM

canopfor on April 13, 2012 at 10:29 PM
—————————————

FloatingRock on April 13, 2012 at 10:54 PM

FloatingRock:Ugh:)

canopfor on April 13, 2012 at 11:10 PM

You did good…for practice.

Next time, use it on someone more worthy than a flamin’ anti-Romney nutball.

Shooting at clay pigeons can only make you better when the real game wanders onto the scene, right?

That comment was approved by the NRA.

hot-heir on April 13, 2012 at 11:10 PM

She is just great.

Rusty Allen on April 13, 2012 at 11:11 PM

True conservative don’t vote for Mitt.

jdun on April 13, 2012 at 11:03 PM

How are things at the reopening of ACORN?

VorDaj on April 13, 2012 at 11:13 PM

What kind of concession do you expect?

hot-heir on April 13, 2012 at 11:06 PM

On paper, witness, and with cameras.

For Gun Owners:

1. Pro Gun SCOUT Judge.
2. National Right to carry conceal or open.
3. Abolish of the NFA
4. Allow import of foreign guns in the USA
5. Allow Korean M1 Garand to enter the USA.

For Conservative:

1. Pro Life SCOUT Judge.
2. Pro life
3. Pro life
4. Pro life
5. Pro life

For Libertarians:
1. Legalize Pot
2. Legalize Pot
3. Legalize Pot
4. Legalize Pot
5. Legalize Pot

jdun on April 13, 2012 at 11:15 PM

hot-heir on April 13, 2012 at 11:10 PM

That’s the right kind of thinkin’.

cozmo on April 13, 2012 at 11:15 PM

jdun on April 13, 2012 at 10:59 PM

……….ahhhhhhhhhhhh NOPE!…not a conservative!…talks just like a liberal!
Probably sitting at the keyboard right now…with a purple shirt and nothing on…but yellow lettering!

KOOLAID2 on April 13, 2012 at 11:15 PM

jdun on April 13, 2012 at 11:15 PM

Pot, guns and a problem with spelling.

You’re just a renaissance man.

cozmo on April 13, 2012 at 11:16 PM

How are things at the reopening of ACORN?

VorDaj on April 13, 2012 at 11:13 PM

You actually think you’re a conservative because you support Mitt. Mitt isn’t even close to conservatism. He not even a neo-con. He is center left.

jdun on April 13, 2012 at 11:17 PM

Oh… I am soooo sorry.

I knew I meant to vote for Kerry in 2004.

But I couldn’t, for the life of me, figure out how to mount a scope on my side by side.

Well, I’ll keep trying.

So should you.

WryTrvllr on April 13, 2012 at 11:17 PM

……….ahhhhhhhhhhhh NOPE!…not a conservative!…talks just like a liberal!

KOOLAID2 on April 13, 2012 at 11:15 PM

Have you even been to a major gun board on the internet? Mitt is hated period.

jdun on April 13, 2012 at 11:18 PM

jdun on April 13, 2012 at 11:15 PM

wow. That’s 3 orders magnitude more than I thought you could muster.

Impressive.

WryTrvllr on April 13, 2012 at 11:20 PM

Have you even been to a major gun board on the internet? Mitt is hated period.

jdun on April 13, 2012 at 11:18 PM

but not from here on……..

WryTrvllr on April 13, 2012 at 11:20 PM

For Libertarians:
1. Legalize Pot
2. Legalize Pot
3. Legalize Pot
4. Legalize Pot
5. Legalize Pot

jdun on April 13, 2012 at 11:15 PM

Put the bong down and step away from the computer.
Does it have to be signed in blood too?//

JPeterman on April 13, 2012 at 11:22 PM

Conservatives and Libertarians should not vote for Mitt.

jdun on April 13, 2012 at 11:06 PM

Being so conservative you want 4 more years of Obama is like a guy being so heterosexual they want to make out with Justin Bieber.

Ampersand on April 13, 2012 at 11:22 PM

On paper, witness, and with cameras.

For Gun Owners:

1. Pro Gun SCOUT Judge.
2. National Right to carry conceal or open.
3. Abolish of the NFA
4. Allow import of foreign guns in the USA
5. Allow Korean M1 Garand to enter the USA.

For Conservative:

1. Pro Life SCOUT Judge.
2. Pro life
3. Pro life
4. Pro life
5. Pro life

For Libertarians:
1. Legalize Pot
2. Legalize Pot
3. Legalize Pot
4. Legalize Pot
5. Legalize Pot

jdun on April 13, 2012 at 11:15 PM

So you’d rather elect a guy that agrees with you on 20% of the issues than a guy that agrees with you on 70% of the issues. I see your logic now.

hot-heir on April 13, 2012 at 11:25 PM

Pot, guns and a problem with spelling.

You’re just a renaissance man.

cozmo on April 13, 2012 at 11:16 PM

Is that you have to offer in supporting a known gun grabber and baby killer? Pathetic.

Again if you’re a true conservative and believe in gun rights you should not vote for Mitt unless on paper what he is willing to do for us. It is alright to have Obama for a second term because he has no more political capital. Mitt on the other hand will screw us over.

jdun on April 13, 2012 at 11:25 PM

5. Allow Korean M1 Garand to enter the USA.

This is what true conservatives want 2012 to be about!!!

Get your priorities in check you fake cons!

Ampersand on April 13, 2012 at 11:25 PM

cynccook on April 13, 2012 at 10:57 PM

They’re both known threats to the 2nd amendment. When the Constitution threatened as it is now, instead of being forced by corrupt companies that are in bed with the government to choose between two enemies of the Constitution, don’t help them. Help us forge a new path instead. It is our patriotic duty, IMO.

FloatingRock on April 13, 2012 at 11:28 PM

jdun on April 13, 2012 at 11:25 PM

Those radical, left wing SCOTUS picks thank you.

JPeterman on April 13, 2012 at 11:28 PM

jdun on April 13, 2012 at 11:25 PM

I guess you are one of the smarter dope heads.

cozmo on April 13, 2012 at 11:29 PM

Help us forge a new path instead. It is our patriotic duty, IMO.

FloatingRock on April 13, 2012 at 11:28 PM

If we all follow you down your path then who would be in the White House next year?

Ampersand on April 13, 2012 at 11:30 PM

jdun on April 13, 2012 at 11:17 PM

The person you are for all intents and purposes supporting, is a gun hating, America hating, constitution hating, pro-Muslim, anti-Christian, anti-white racist. If you aren’t an official member of ACORN, you are an unofficial one and I don’t think you are fooling anyone.

VorDaj on April 13, 2012 at 11:30 PM

hot-heir on April 13, 2012 at 11:25 PM

Tell me what kind of gun control laws did Obama enact? No a single one. He prevented the M1 from coming in. Obama sign into law that allow gun into national parks. Mitt make Obama look like a saint when it comes to Gun Rights.

I rather fight Obama than Mitt in the White House. It makes our job easier.

jdun on April 13, 2012 at 11:32 PM

Ampersand on April 13, 2012 at 11:22 PM

4 more years of Obama? Nobody here wants that, that is what we are trying to avoid. I wish so many Republicans weren’t still trapped in the box. We coaxed them out of it for a short time back in ’10 and then they crawled right back in and are back under the spell of corporate money and corporate media that has bought and paid for both parties.

FloatingRock on April 13, 2012 at 11:33 PM

jdun on April 13, 2012 at 11:25 PM

You’re not serious, right? Obama would be even more dangerous in a second term because he knows he won’t be up for re-election again. Do you not remember what Obama said to Medvedev? Do you not watch the news? Why do you think he has been luke warm to gay marriage? You think he won’t give his full throated endorsement of gay marriage, repeal tax cuts or close Guantanamo after the election? I only debate the issues with you to hopefully influence people who don’t quite grasp the facts like you.

hot-heir on April 13, 2012 at 11:34 PM

No matter what excuses you come up with you cannot shirk voting for Obama’s opponent in November and be an American. If you think yourself a real American to not vote for Obama’s opponent is to be an unqualified and inexcusable traitor, both to yourself and to your country.

VorDaj on April 13, 2012 at 11:37 PM

jdun on April 13, 2012 at 11:25 PM

….is there a street address at your asylum?
Using the board is considered ‘recreational’ time?

KOOLAID2 on April 13, 2012 at 11:37 PM

I rather fight Obama than Mitt in the White House. It makes our job easier.

jdun on April 13, 2012 at 11:32 PM

Answer: The same kind of gun control laws Romney enacted.

You’d rather fight Obama than Mitt in the White House because it makes the job easier. That is such tortured logic that I’m now convinced you’re a plant.

hot-heir on April 13, 2012 at 11:42 PM

wow. and they spend money on this cr@p!!!!!

WryTrvllr on April 13, 2012 at 11:42 PM

FloatingRock on April 13, 2012 at 11:33 PM

Telling people NOT to vote for Mitt in an election between Mitt and Obama helps who win the election?

Ampersand on April 13, 2012 at 11:47 PM

Ampersand on April 13, 2012 at 11:30 PM

Nobody can predict the future so it is impossible for me to offer you reassurance, however if there is nothing ventured then there is nothing gained. The only way to break the cycle of corruption is to—just break it. Throw a monkey wrench into it. Sure it’s a risk, life is a risk, but what is there to lose? Obama is probably going to win anyway if Romney is the nominee, and even if Romney does win somehow, that’s even worse, IMO. Much worse! Not because Romney is technically worse than Obama but because it will move the right side of the Overton Window waaaaay over to the left, not far from Obama, closing off any avenue of escape in the future.

Voting for Romney will do more harm to the American conservative movement than voting for Obama will. Sure, Obama is worse, but there will still be a way out. Voting for Romney destroys the way out.

One definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result, like voting for crappy establishment candidates that always lose.

Frankly, I’m very glad that McCain lost in ’08, and I’m sure I’m not alone. I despise Obama far more than McCain, who’s military service, at least, I respect, (I was a McCain supporter in 2000, BTW), but McCain could have invaded Libya and Syria if not Egypt and other nations, even with boots on the ground, and would have commenced spending hundreds of billions improving the lives of our enemies while they kill even more of our nations finest. Frankly I think if he had won he probably would have done at least one bailout similar to Obama, if not more. Instead of Obama getting the blame and Republicans being unified against him, McCain and the Republican Party would get the blame, and half or more of the people at places like HotAir would defend his ever step. Dissent would be as taboo as it was under Bush.

Please, second amendment supporters, break the cycle of corruption. Refuse to play their game by their rules, we’re the voters, it’s time to change the game and make up a new set of rules sans the long established corruption of the GOP establishment. It’s time for a 3rd party.

FloatingRock on April 13, 2012 at 11:50 PM

Fix: …but McCain could would have invaded Libya and Syria if not Egypt…

FloatingRock on April 13, 2012 at 11:52 PM

FloatingRock on April 13, 2012 at 11:50 PM

TLTR

Ampersand on April 13, 2012 at 11:53 PM

by financing the muslim bro’hood?

Obozo has gotten 2 SCOTUS nominations so far.

Thanks. Genius.

WryTrvllr on April 13, 2012 at 11:54 PM

Ampersand on April 13, 2012 at 11:47 PM

This isn’t an election between Obama and Romney yet.

FloatingRock on April 13, 2012 at 11:54 PM

Romney has to win the nomination before it’s an election between Obama and Romney, and even then it’s more likely going to be an election between Obama/Romney and somebody better.

FloatingRock on April 13, 2012 at 11:55 PM

Did you get your “True Conservatives For Obama” T-shirt yet?

Ampersand on April 13, 2012 at 10:38 PM

Its the “True Conservative against ANY progressive liberal” T-shirt.

Compromises are for losers. Have fun in November.

riddick on April 13, 2012 at 11:55 PM

For months now, I’ve been the voice in the forest on this issue…

Retro. Mitt. Is. Not. A. Defect. Next. To. Barry.

The needle the left wants to thread works this way:

1. Mitt is a 50′s kind of guy

2. The 50′s was pre-civil rights and women’s liberation

3. Mitt is a Mormon

4. Mormons didn’t see black people as equal until the 70′s, and believe a woman’s place is at home

5. Conclusion: Mitt is throwback Mormon who doesn’t believe in equality

While on the other hand, they want to push he’s Gordon Gecko.

But the two images cancel each other out, and Axelrod/Plouffe/Messina knows it. Gecko cannot be a puritanical Mormon.

The Dems viewpoint on the 50′s has always been ass-backwards because they see the mid/late 60′s as an Enlightenment period. But, like so many other issues, they’re preaching to the converted.

The reason this won’t work is it’s only going to highlight Barry’s “what is this guy thinking” issues. They believe his likability numbers has that beat, but they don’t realize that’s in the context of seeing him as a neighbor or co-worker; a guy who’s your equal.

It doesn’t work when you place that guy in the context of being the mayor or governor. He then has say over your life, and while you may be friendly with him, it doesn’t mean you trust his decisions.

Mitt is going to come across as a person’s boss. What he needs to convey is he’s your ideal boss. That’s something Ann can’t sell.

budfox on April 13, 2012 at 11:55 PM

Obozo has gotten 2 SCOTUS nominations so far.

Thanks. Genius.

WryTrvllr on April 13, 2012 at 11:54 PM

Care to let us know Romney’s record on judges, genius?

riddick on April 13, 2012 at 11:56 PM

Care to let us know Romney’s record on judges, genius?

riddick on April 13, 2012 at 11:56 PM

Sure.

A wise Latina, and a Harvard Law president.

WryTrvllr on April 13, 2012 at 11:57 PM

Sure.

A wise Latina, and a Harvard Law president.

WryTrvllr on April 13, 2012 at 11:57 PM

All your genius brain could come up with?

RINOs are no better than liberals, at least with liberals they are honest enough to tell you they are.

riddick on April 13, 2012 at 11:59 PM

I have a feeling that a lot of the 2nd amendment supporters supporting Romney are like the tea partiers that didn’t show up until after the tea party was already over.

FloatingRock on April 14, 2012 at 12:00 AM

Its the “True Conservative against ANY progressive liberal” T-shirt.

Compromises are for losers. Have fun in November.

riddick on April 13, 2012 at 11:55 PM

I’d rather be a loser with Obama out of the white house than a “True Conservative” who helps him get a second term.

Ampersand on April 14, 2012 at 12:00 AM

Care to let us know Romney’s record on judges, genius?

riddick on April 13, 2012 at 11:56 PM

Sure.

A wise Latina, and a Harvard Law president.

WryTrvllr on April 13, 2012 at 11:57 PM

Isn’t that the same as Obama’s record?

FloatingRock on April 14, 2012 at 12:01 AM

Sorry, but most of the country is center-right. Any 3rd party “conservative” movement would simply have the same effect we’ve seen in the primaries, splitting Republicans and effectively electing the Democratic opponent by default. Good luck with that.

hot-heir on April 14, 2012 at 12:01 AM

All your genius brain could come up with?

riddick on April 13, 2012 at 11:59 PM

You keep trying. Maybe you can convince my dead grandmother.

WryTrvllr on April 14, 2012 at 12:02 AM

FloatingRock on April 13, 2012 at 11:55 PM

Oh god. Third party talk? You really like Obama in the Oval Office huh?

Ampersand on April 14, 2012 at 12:02 AM

This isn’t an election between Obama and Romney yet.

FloatingRock on April 13, 2012 at 11:54 PM

Newt…that you?

hot-heir on April 14, 2012 at 12:02 AM

I’ll take my chances with the Rino. He wants to be re-elected.

WryTrvllr on April 14, 2012 at 12:03 AM

FloatingRock on April 13, 2012 at 11:55 PM

Uh oh…is that Sarah Palin I see riding in on a horse?

hot-heir on April 14, 2012 at 12:04 AM

“Affirmative Action” doesn’t see black people as equal today or such a thing would not exist.

VorDaj on April 14, 2012 at 12:04 AM

Even “compassionate” BUSH came through.

That’s why you hate him.

WryTrvllr on April 14, 2012 at 12:04 AM

You really like Obama in the Oval Office huh?

Ampersand on April 14, 2012 at 12:02 AM

No, I told you, that’s what I’m trying to prevent by convincing people not to nominate Romney.

FloatingRock on April 14, 2012 at 12:07 AM

Ampersand on April 14, 2012 at 12:00 AM

Problem with you RINOs is that you fail at simple arithmetic (not even math at this level). Romney has to convince that ~50% crowd who don’t pay taxes plus a number of rabid liberals to vote for him. Good luck with beating that number with tear jerker BS about his “struggle” while going to Harvard and not worrying about living expenses an tuition, I am sure those who are unemployed want to hear this shit, its the life they live. /s

Like I said, good luck with your progressive liberal liar (only Hussein beats him at that) come general. I’m waiting for your excuses come Nov 7th. And I really don’t give a crap at this point save for huge concern that with Romney going down he WILL drag the rest of the ticket down with him. I really hope we don’t lose the House.

Running a progressive liberal against a communist progressive liberal is NOT a solution. Its a recipe for disaster.

Have fun, guys, I have a movie to catch up to. Good night.

riddick on April 14, 2012 at 12:08 AM

Have fun, guys, I have a movie to catch up to. Good night.

riddick on April 14, 2012 at 12:08

enjoy the chick flick

WryTrvllr on April 14, 2012 at 12:11 AM

Uh oh…is that Sarah Palin I see riding in on a horse?

hot-heir on April 14, 2012 at 12:04 AM

Palin isn’t my first choice but between the three I would certainly vote for Palin.

FloatingRock on April 14, 2012 at 12:12 AM

FloatingRock on April 14, 2012 at 12:07 AM

It’s too late for that. If you want to start a 3rd party movement, the only way it will ever be viable is if you start at the local level. To try and pull off some 3rd party run at this late date is ludicrous.

JPeterman on April 14, 2012 at 12:13 AM

budfox on April 13, 2012 at 11:55 PM

So Romney was “brainwashed” a Mormon as a kid. I was brainwashed a Catholic. Libs are going to wrap their heads around their majority leader joining this “raaaaaaaaacist” church when he was an adult.

While on the other hand, they want to push he’s Gordon Gecko.
budfox on April 13, 2012 at 11:55 PM

The irony of your handle commenting on this could not be left unnoticed.

hot-heir on April 14, 2012 at 12:14 AM

FloatingRock on April 14, 2012 at 12:07 AM

That ship has sailed. That’s why the primary is now behind us.

hot-heir on April 14, 2012 at 12:16 AM

Problem with you RINOs…

riddick on April 14, 2012 at 12:08 AM

The problem with you “True Conservative” is that you call anyone who doesn’t agree with you a RINO.

To be honest I stopped reading after the RINO…

Ampersand on April 14, 2012 at 12:16 AM

Unlike Romney, Palin is a genuine 2nd amendment supporter and not just a lying politician pandering for the cheap votes of desperate people willing to make a deal with the devil to get rid of Obama. And no, Obama is not the anti-Christ. If he is a Marxist because of Obamacare, so is Romney. In fact neither plan is Marxist, they’re both corporatist.

FloatingRock on April 14, 2012 at 12:18 AM

JPeterman on April 14, 2012 at 12:13 AM

It’s hard to think of something that would help Obama get elected more than a 3rd party run?

Maybe if Jesus came down and endorsed him… maybe.

Ampersand on April 14, 2012 at 12:19 AM

Ampersand on April 14, 2012 at 12:19 AM

the phantom ? strikes again…

Ampersand on April 14, 2012 at 12:21 AM

jdun on April 13, 2012 at 11:25 PM

So, you’ll vote against Mitt because of guns, but vote for Obama who is taking away every other freedom you have.

So what’s the point of having guns? The Fed will never NEED to take us by force when people like you roll over and just let them take everything else WITHOUT force.

fossten on April 14, 2012 at 12:22 AM

it will move the right side of the Overton Window…

Inane Beck nonsense dressed as theory.

The population is not static, it’s dynamic. As we get older, the new immigrants and younger generations are that much farther removed from Reagan and Bush 41. Eisenhower, today, has become part of antiquity.

So Clinton will become Reagan, because he resided over eight years of peace and prosperity – no matter what the receipt was. That means W will become the GOP version of LBJ, someone who’s only given the benefit of the doubt because of the mess he inherited, but nobody wants to return to.

If you really buy this Beck bull$hite about how we have to suffer so the country can heal itself down the road, try and remember it’s coming from a guy who’s made tens of millions in the worse economic conditions, ever. He and his family are never going to suffer because they can pick up and bolt in a moment.

Give 0 four more, and we will be the EU. Boehner will not have the numbers to fight and Reid will control the Senate. You’re then going to have to sell yourself on the mid-terms, but by that point, we’ll have a total fracturing of the right.

budfox on April 14, 2012 at 12:23 AM