Obama on Rosen and Ann Romney: “There’s no tougher job than being a mom”

posted at 6:01 pm on April 12, 2012 by Allahpundit

Box status: Checked. Have there been any prominent Democrats today, incidentally, who’ve ridden to Rosen’s defense, even if only to say that her point’s been misconstrued? Axelrod and Messina, shrewdly anticipating the bomb blast to come, ducked and covered last night by criticizing her right away on Twitter for what she said. I thought for sure that America’s most lifelike talking-points robot would mumble something this morning about “distractions” from the war that Mitt Romney wants to wage against women and children and seniors and etc etc etc, but even her operating system can’t run that program. Just as I’m writing this, the right’s favorite liberal feminist has a piece up at the Daily Beast scolding Rosen for what she said. Will no top Democratic pol help a blogger out with some free content by wading into this clusterfark on Rosen’s behalf? C’mon, Pelosi. You know you wanna.

The lingering question: Did Rosen stumble into this attack on her own or, given her chumminess with Team Hopenchange, was there maybe possibly conceivably a little nudge from someone somewhere about targeting Ann Romney? Ann is, as John Nolte explains, a major asset to Romney on the trail potentially. With Obama already betting heavily on a gender gap in November, framing Ann as some sort of socialite layabout caricature would reduce her appeal to women and push the all-important “rich parasites” element to O’s class-warfare message. I’m firmly in the “Rosen blundered” camp on this question, but that’s not necessarily contradictory to the idea of O’s campaign wanting to neutralize Ann early somehow. Could be that Rosen was looking to do that for them and just did a horribly bad job of it.

video platform
video management
video solutions
video player

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

If I were on team Romney – I would be designing shirts/stickers, etc that say “I stand with Ann”

War on Women my foot.

gophergirl on April 12, 2012 at 6:13 PM

I am Ann Romney. I am George Zimmerman.

Paul-Cincy on April 12, 2012 at 6:44 PM

There never was a war on women, except in the left’s imagination.

It ended today. The right can declare victory.

Media, as usual, you are big fools.

Schadenfreude on April 12, 2012 at 6:47 PM

I am Ann Romney too. Don’t forget me.

SparkPlug on April 12, 2012 at 6:47 PM

Schadenfreude on April 12, 2012 at 6:47 PM

Yep. The media clown-weasels lose again.

SparkPlug on April 12, 2012 at 6:48 PM

Obama is such a loser…

tom daschle concerned on April 12, 2012 at 6:48 PM

I kinda miss some of our more illustrious recent trolls…

PatriotRider on April 12, 2012 at 6:32 PM

They’re like a toothache. Annoying as hell while there, but you kinda miss it when it’s gone.

angryed on April 12, 2012 at 6:49 PM

Obama on Rosen and Ann Romney: “There’s no tougher job than being a mom”

Triangulation at its finest.

BTW, I believe a certain mom eviscerated by Obama’s minions 4 years ago is still waiting for her phone call.

Steve Eggleston on April 12, 2012 at 6:49 PM

Given all those visits to the White House, does anyone think the problems Ann Romney posed were never discussed? We’ll never know, but I would give long odds this approach was discussed among the spin artists. In other words, the strategy was coordinated, even if particular tactics weren’t.

Rosen then attempted to implement the strategy, but obviously had no clue how her remarks were going to play outside the bubble.

She may well have rendered the entire strategy impossible. I don’t see how the Obama crew goes after Ann Romney now.

novaculus on April 12, 2012 at 6:50 PM

If this wasn’t coordinated, then WHY did Obama make the comment about them not having the “luxury” of Michelle not working? Nope. Sorry. Planned and coordinated and a completely EPIC FAIL.

UnderstandingisPower on April 12, 2012 at 6:51 PM

War on Women my foot.

gophergirl on April 12, 2012 at 6:13 PM

I am Ann Romney. I am George Zimmerman.

Paul-Cincy on April 12, 2012 at 6:44 PM

You are a proud murderer of young black boys in hoodies right? Typical racist con.

Uppereastside on April 12, 2012 at 6:52 PM

Chocolate Gumby to the rescue!

jdkchem on April 12, 2012 at 6:52 PM

“There’s no tougher job than being a mom”

What a pack of lies. I get tired of pandering men and whiny women always lying about how being a mom is the most difficult job in the world. It is just a phantom story that women (and emasculated men) make up to make women sound more noble than they really are.

NeverLiberal on April 12, 2012 at 6:52 PM

Well with three of them, maybe the wrong one got the message to target Ann. It might should have been one of the other two that should have done it.

Bmore on April 12, 2012 at 6:53 PM

Uppereastside on April 12, 2012 at 6:52 PM

Typical ignorant new york turd.

jdkchem on April 12, 2012 at 6:53 PM

Obama on Rosen and Ann Romney: “There’s no tougher job than being a mom”

Triangulation at its finest.

Steve Eggleston on April 12, 2012 at 6:49 PM

Yep. Good cop, bad cop, played to the hilt.

ddrintn on April 12, 2012 at 6:53 PM

Romney already has new bumper stickers “Moms drive the economy”.

Brilliant!

gaius on April 12, 2012 at 6:53 PM

Uppereastside on April 12, 2012 at 6:52 PM

Speaking of walk backs. Might want to, just saying.

Bmore on April 12, 2012 at 6:55 PM

NeverLiberal on April 12, 2012 at 6:52 PM

Whew. Somebody has some issues. Anyone have a Freudian couch handy?

ddrintn on April 12, 2012 at 6:55 PM

Romney already has new bumper stickers “Moms drive the economy”.

Brilliant!

gaius on April 12, 2012 at 6:53 PM

That is a good one. How about “Turn Left to wreck the economy.”

SparkPlug on April 12, 2012 at 6:55 PM

novaculus on April 12, 2012 at 6:50 PM

Have hope they’ll find a way. These are the same people who do the same stupid $h!t over and over again.

jdkchem on April 12, 2012 at 6:56 PM

Uppereastside on April 12, 2012 at 6:52 PM

That guy who killed him was a Donk you sphincter boy.

SparkPlug on April 12, 2012 at 6:56 PM

Romney already has new bumper stickers “Moms drive the economy”.

Brilliant!

gaius on April 12, 2012 at 6:53 PM

Which leaves out women who aren’t mothers…

ddrintn on April 12, 2012 at 6:57 PM

Watching Obowma and the Left trying to smile while they eat this sh%t sandwich is pretty satisfying…

Seven Percent Solution on April 12, 2012 at 6:57 PM

Romney campaign has a new bumper sticker up

“Moms Drive the economy”

dogsoldier on April 12, 2012 at 6:58 PM

Allah – think it through.

She was dismissed by Axelrod and Messina, and then double-down that night.

She then kick it into high gear, even though the only support she had was losers like Salon.

Whether every move was deliberate or not, this was the plan. The question is; did she fark the execution up, which is why everyone bailed on her?

IMO, that’s what happened. What Greta said earlier is what Rosen was supposed to sell; Ann’s not Mrs. Brady because she had five Alices, one for every boy. Rosen felt she could bait the Romney’s into some comment that could be construed as Mormon bigotry, Pleasantville or “out of touch” snobbery.

Because Ann donated to DOMA, which Rosen’s ex-life partner’s org had illegally obtained and publicly released, Rosen went total bulldyke because that’s the fight she wants to have with Mitt.

<a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Governorship_of_Mitt_Romney#Same-sex_marriage"&gt;

Originally, I thought Team Barry wanted bring this out down the road, but after bailing on the discrimination rights today, they must have polling saying otherwise.

Rosen was in way too deep with the White House and Human Rights Org to not be privy to this policy position as it “evolved”. Maybe she thought she could force Barry’s hand by conflating the “war on women” into the marriage fight.

budfox on April 12, 2012 at 6:58 PM

novaculus on April 12, 2012 at 6:50 PM

jdkchem on April 12, 2012 at 6:56 PM

They don’t have to do it again. The seed’s been planted, which is why all the outrageous outrage is bad. It just magnifies it.

ddrintn on April 12, 2012 at 6:59 PM

canopfor on April 12, 2012 at 6:21 PM

Very busy that one. Thanks canopfor.

Bmore on April 12, 2012 at 7:00 PM

Hoooooo…..wow.

Bishop on April 12, 2012 at 7:00 PM

Well I don’t know if she’s considered ‘prominent’ but Sally Kohn certainly did…

The Ugly American on April 12, 2012 at 7:01 PM

Romney campaign has a new bumper sticker up

“Moms Drive the economy”

dogsoldier on April 12, 2012 at 6:58 PM

Translation: gotta try to close that gender gap. Polls, polls, polls.

ddrintn on April 12, 2012 at 7:01 PM

Triangulation at its finest.

Steve Eggleston on April 12, 2012 at 6:49 PM

Awesome!!!

ladyingray on April 12, 2012 at 7:01 PM

I have no doubt it was a trial balloon being floated to gauge the reaction. And I’d bet Axelrod knew all about it, because he was very, very quick to denounce it after the backlash.

Or does he really pay that much attention to what Hilary Rosen says on CNN? I doubt it.

ButterflyDragon on April 12, 2012 at 7:02 PM

Uppereastside on April 12, 2012 at 6:52 PM

Well, isn’t that just precious!

Where do you think you are posting? FireMutt? Huffpoop?

This place isn’t some lefty cesspool where you can drop your smelly little turds wherever you want. Keep it up, because if you do I’m sure your time here is limited.

Why do I doubt you would ever utter such vile slurs to a man’s face?

novaculus on April 12, 2012 at 7:02 PM

NeverLiberal on April 12, 2012 at 6:52 PM

Well… Well… Well…

… What DO we have here?

Seven Percent Solution on April 12, 2012 at 7:03 PM

Hoooooo…..wow.

Bishop on April 12, 2012 at 7:00 PM

Looks like he’s going to stay with that. Not interested in heeding advice from his right I guess.

Bmore on April 12, 2012 at 7:03 PM

Whew. Somebody has some issues. Anyone have a Freudian couch handy?

ddrintn on April 12, 2012 at 6:55 PM

Yeah, I do have some issues. I get tired of living in an effeminate society where the sacrifices of men are not respected and such ridiculous statements are considered perfectly acceptable.

NeverLiberal on April 12, 2012 at 7:04 PM

Why do I doubt you would ever utter such vile slurs to a man’s face?

novaculus on April 12, 2012 at 7:02 PM

He’s a coward no doubt. Dropped and ran.

Bmore on April 12, 2012 at 7:04 PM

NeverLiberal on April 12, 2012 at 6:52 PM

I was a working mom (my son is in the USAF, thankyouverymuch), and it was much harder raising my son (homework, PTA, meetings with teachers and counselors, doc appointments) than my WORK ever was.

Troll.

ladyingray on April 12, 2012 at 7:05 PM

Well… Well… Well…

… What DO we have here?

Seven Percent Solution on April 12, 2012 at 7:03 PM

Whatever that is, its all yours. Have at it. ; )

Bmore on April 12, 2012 at 7:06 PM

ButterflyDragon on April 12, 2012 at 7:02 PM

I’d say it more “seeding the field”. Throw it out there, it gets condemned, but it’s still in people’s brains.

ddrintn on April 12, 2012 at 7:06 PM

Ann Romney said today she doesn’t consider herself wealthy in an interview that is getting circulated by Democrats, which drew a rebuke from the Romney campaign.

“We can be poor in spirit, and I don’t even consider myself wealthy, which is an interesting thing. It can be here today and gone tomorrow,” Ann Romney said in the interview.

The clip was first posted on Think Progress, a liberal blog that is affiliated with the Center for American Progress, a think tank founded by former staffers of President Clinton. A link to that story was also tweeted by the spokeswoman for the Democratic National Committee.

Andrea Saul, a spokeswoman for Mitt Romney, tweeted that it’s a “new low” in Democratic attacks. She directed her Twitter followers to the full interview, in which Ann Romney is talking about how she deals with multiple sclerosis and the value she places in friendship.

Obama lies constantly. His own DNC was attacking ann romney last month.

Remmember when Obama told the media in 2008 to lay off palin’s family and everyone said what a great guy. During that time his campaign was telling journalists to check about the fake pregnancy story that andrew sullivan was peddling.

What I hate is that the american public is so gullible and they buy into obama’s lies.

ryandan on April 12, 2012 at 7:08 PM

Well I don’t know if she’s considered ‘prominent’ but Sally Kohn certainly did…

The Ugly American on April 12, 2012 at 7:01 PM

So did Greta and Tamara Holder….

ladyingray on April 12, 2012 at 7:08 PM

Uppereastside on April 12, 2012 at 6:52 PM

Coming from a brain dead member of the party of the Klan who believes in using eugenics and abortion to wipe out massive amounts of minority children your hypocritical whinings mean nothing. Your party has helped wipe out way more Trayvons than democrat Zimmerman did. So tell us why you hate black babies so much you support killing them.

bbinfl on April 12, 2012 at 7:09 PM

If both the Obamas are personally throwing Rosen under the bus then they must not have even needed a poll to tell them how toxic that statement was.

But we will still take the talking point and ride it from here to November.

alchemist19 on April 12, 2012 at 7:11 PM

It is hard to believe this man worked with his political operatives prior to his next round of golf and subsequent vacation to engineer such a terribly demeaning and brazen attack on motherhood and families.

Please Democrats and Leftists: STOP this War On Motherhood and Families once and for all.

Allendundit on April 12, 2012 at 7:12 PM

Troll.

ladyingray on April 12, 2012 at 7:05 PM

Boo-hoo, helping kids with their homework and taking them to doctor’s appointments is more difficult than working 15 hour days as a logger. I never said that being a parent cannot be difficult, but constantly saying that being a mother is THE most difficult job in the world is just dishonest. There are plenty of jobs that are way more difficult than being a stay at mom. Get over your self.

NeverLiberal on April 12, 2012 at 7:12 PM

Uppereastside on April 12, 2012 at 6:52 PM

Hey genius, ever heard of the Democrat called Robert Byrd ?

burrata on April 12, 2012 at 7:13 PM

Being a good mother is very tough. But if you’re a frolicsome Marxist who can park her little burden with the folks, not so tough.

EMD on April 12, 2012 at 7:15 PM

ButterflyDragon on April 12, 2012 at 7:02 PM

Like I said above, I think it likely the strategy was coordinated. But you don’t make a frontal attack like this fool did, you make a backhand reference, or use the “damning by faint praise” approach, because one of the main problems she poses is she is well-liked. So you get the idea out there without making it look like an attack.

This Rosen woman drives a tack with a sledgehammer. Bounced back and smacked her right in the middle of her forehead, just like The Three Stooges.

novaculus on April 12, 2012 at 7:16 PM

Ann will be free to work on Bravo’s “Real Housewives of La Jolla” after Rmoney loses in November

DBear on April 12, 2012 at 6:09 PM

I wonder would Ann send her beloved adolescent kids off to a corrupt drug and bullet riddled Mexico, on a spring breaky vacay, like Barack and Michelle did?

Cavalry on April 12, 2012 at 7:16 PM

Will Axelrod and the rest be making the rounds of the Sunday morning shows in a few daysl? There’s some serious damage control they’ll have to do to try and contain this.

franciscodanconia on April 12, 2012 at 7:17 PM

NeverLiberal on April 12, 2012 at 7:12 PM

…and it returns…in full paragraphs, no less…

budfox on April 12, 2012 at 7:20 PM

NeverLiberal on April 12, 2012 at 6:52 PM

Well, son. I’ve been a soldier, I’ve been a cog in the corporate wheel, I’ve been a Red Cross volunteer in some of the most harrowing disaster scenes you could dream of.

But nothing was more exhausting/nerve-wracking/joyous than being a mother. Maybe if you let a little sunshine into your outlook, you’ll find a good woman to appreciate and be humbled by. Cheers!

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on April 12, 2012 at 7:22 PM

This couldn’t have worked out better for Team Romney.

WisCon on April 12, 2012 at 7:23 PM

Cavalry on April 12, 2012 at 7:16 PM

Hussein and the Mooch own the Secret Service , they can do whatever they want.
Plus they are black, so there
:P

burrata on April 12, 2012 at 7:24 PM

EMD on April 12, 2012 at 7:15 PM

“frolicsome Marxist”

Good one!

Yeah, no worries leaving Barry with the folks. Stanley could be trusted to take him over to Uncle Frank’s so the indoctrination could continue.

novaculus on April 12, 2012 at 7:27 PM

Mr. President, if full-time mothers do indeed work, should they not be taxed?

minnesoter on April 12, 2012 at 6:22 PM

Better yet — do SAHMs have the potential to cross state lines for play-dates from time to time? Does that make it interstate commerce? Who needs taxes, we can just mandate, regulate, and (when in doubt) penalize them for not being the kind of mothers that “progressivism” has deemed acceptable!

Violina23 on April 12, 2012 at 7:28 PM

self-cannibalism-it’s what democrats are doing for breakfast this election season.

mittens on April 12, 2012 at 7:28 PM

NeverLiberal and Uppereastside need some music, especially after the last few days. May I reccomend the Beatles Maxwell’s Silver Hammer.

uncommon sense on April 12, 2012 at 7:29 PM

ryandan on April 12, 2012 at 7:08 PM

Sounds like complete bull to me, but if you have any credible evidence that Obama’s campaign was doing that, please link to it.

Drew Lowell on April 12, 2012 at 7:30 PM

franciscodanconia on April 12, 2012 at 7:17 PM

There’s no damage to Obama over this. A Dem hack threw out some Limbaugh-like bait, the Romneys and their supporters jumped all over it, and now Obama can play above-it-all. The “gender gap” remains the same or gets even wider.

ddrintn on April 12, 2012 at 7:30 PM

Uppereastside on April 12, 2012 at 6:52 PM

imbecile, Zimmerman is Hispanic himself (and btw a Dem and an Obama voter too :-), so who’s exactly the racist?…just get your head out of your azz every now and then and get yourself informed…

jimver on April 12, 2012 at 7:32 PM

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on April 12, 2012 at 7:22 PM

Sorry, but there is just no way that being a mom is the most difficult job in the world. Everyone is taking what I say as an attack on mothers-which it is not. Being a good mother is honorable and needful, but that is no reason to devalue the contributions of men in our society. There are plenty of jobs that I had that I dreaded going to and would have jumped at the chance to stay at home with my children whom I loved instead of having to endure the daily toil at my job.

NeverLiberal on April 12, 2012 at 7:32 PM

ddrintn on April 12, 2012 at 7:30 PM

That’s a smart take. Seems right.

Drew Lowell on April 12, 2012 at 7:34 PM

Hussein and the Mooch own the Secret Service , they can do whatever they want.
Plus they are black, so there
:P

burrata on April 12, 2012 at 7:24 PM

yeah, they sure act as if they owned the entire country, not just the SS…

jimver on April 12, 2012 at 7:34 PM

uncommon sense on April 12, 2012 at 7:29 PM

Yes you may. ; )

Bmore on April 12, 2012 at 7:36 PM

NeverLiberal on April 12, 2012 at 7:12 PM

Sorry, troll, I worked 12 hours a day as a professional, and still made time for what was important for my son’s upbringing, and it was difficult…mostly, because his father was a sorry, lazy ass like you you who chose to blame everyone else for any hardship that came his way…

TROLL.

ladyingray on April 12, 2012 at 7:36 PM

“There’s no tougher job than being a mom”

NeverLiberal on April 12, 2012 at 6:52 PM

I know you’re trolling, but as a first time mom who didn’t know what hit her 2 years ago, I’ll bite.

I knew that becoming a mother was going to be hard and frustrating, but what I was not prepared for was the 24/7-ness of it. You can have the most demanding job in the world, but at the end of the day, you can go home and be “off duty” and decompress, even if just at night to sleep. Nothing was more humbling to me than being home with my daughter for 5 straight months of CONSTANTLY being “on duty”, physically and emotionally. Not to mention the sleep deprivation. Not everyone is cut out for it.

Violina23 on April 12, 2012 at 7:36 PM

NeverLiberal on April 12, 2012 at 7:32 PM

Then why didn’t you?

ladyingray on April 12, 2012 at 7:39 PM

There is NO LIE beneath Barack Hussein Obama.

……..and that goes for most of the Ruling Class in DC as well.

Is this whole “say it, then when it blows up, apologize about it” just part of a giant perpetual media campaign by the GATES OF HELL re-elect machine?

Think about it…….they get to “outrage” us, then SoundByte American voters hear about it on the news on the radio in drive-thru and then BHO mentions it and voila 3 days of media coverage devoted to this crap……….

…………INSTEAD OF OBAMAS’ record on the ECONOMY.

PappyD61 on April 12, 2012 at 7:41 PM

NeverLiberal on April 12, 2012 at 7:32 PM

were you cleaning toilets or what was so dreadful about your job…and even then, whose fault was that… feeling sorry for yourself and for the choices you have made in life while throwing mud at women in compensation for your own failures in life not very gentleman-like now, is it…

jimver on April 12, 2012 at 7:42 PM

Bmore, I wold have posted a link, but the phone is a pain :)

uncommon sense on April 12, 2012 at 7:44 PM

NeverLiberal on April 12, 2012 at 7:12 PM

It always breaks my heart to read about a log shooting up a high school or some 17-ringer killing three other saplings in a drunk driving crash.

rogerb on April 12, 2012 at 7:47 PM

Uppereastside on April 12, 2012 at 6:52 PM

Obviously you were not around here yesterday…

PatriotRider on April 12, 2012 at 7:47 PM

NeverLiberal on April 12, 2012 at 7:12 PM

Might as well jump on the top of the pile.

This woman raised five very stressful sons. Her job was 24/7. In addition she fought off MS and Cancer.

Sorry but she impresses me more.

My stay at home wife and I raised seven children. We were lower middle class.

Ann Romney lived in a $62/ month basement apartment for five long years while Mitt finished his Masters and Ann her bachelors degree. They lived solely on shared of stock and could not even afford carpet over their bare concrete floors they used remnants. She does know how it feels to be poor.

Steveangell on April 12, 2012 at 7:48 PM

TROLL.

ladyingray on April 12, 2012 at 7:36 PM

What does that have to do with anything I said? If his father was a loser as you say, then why did you choose to have children with him? Who’s fault is that? That would be like if I cut both of my arms off and then complained about how difficult it was taking a job as a painter.
What exactly do you know about me that makes me lazy anyways? What proof do you have that being a mother is more difficult than being one of the soldiers who fought in the Battle of the Bulge? I am only speaking out what many men think but are afraid to say.

NeverLiberal on April 12, 2012 at 7:48 PM

Uppereastside on April 12, 2012 at 6:52 PM

Is it me or are trolls just fascinated by the word murder???

PatriotRider on April 12, 2012 at 7:49 PM

NeverLiberal on April 12, 2012 at 7:04 PM

..your girdle and high heels must be killing you!

The War Planner on April 12, 2012 at 7:52 PM

Uppereastside on April 12, 2012 at 6:52 PM

Upperyeastside I never knew that yeast was bad for the brain…you lose it pretty quick don’t you? Do you wear a lot of purple shirts with yellow lettering?

KOOLAID2 on April 12, 2012 at 7:52 PM

NeverLiberal on April 12, 2012 at 6:52 PM

Well, congrats for getting yourself booted off the MILF Toy Boys list.

Seriously, the hardest job in the world is Parent — Mother and Father — not because of the time and intensity of effort required, nor the worry and anxiety engulfing and surrounding the job, but because of the importance of the outcome of your efforts, an outcome that can never be guaranteed.

That said, a kid can have a bad father and usually still do okay if he or she has a good mother, but if he or she has a bad mother, even if the father is a Saint, odds are it won’t end so well.

TXUS on April 12, 2012 at 7:54 PM

NeverLiberal on April 12, 2012 at 7:12 PM

well, then maybe you should have friggin’ educated yourself and done something with your life (other than whining) if you think logging is too hard work…you made your bed you lie in it, no?…taking your poor choices out on women is ridiculous, really…

jimver on April 12, 2012 at 7:55 PM

DBear on April 12, 2012 at 6:09 PM

..yeah, probably visit the McD’s where you work/

The War Planner on April 12, 2012 at 7:56 PM

Bmore, I wold have posted a link, but the phone is a pain :)

uncommon sense on April 12, 2012 at 7:44 PM

I figured as much. See ya at QOTD?

Bmore on April 12, 2012 at 7:57 PM

NeverLiberal on April 12, 2012 at 7:32 PM

Your answer is appreciated, and even moreso, the gentler tone. I disagree that to praise women is to denigrate men, but will not argue your personal experience. Each of us had a mother, and if you’re lucky she made it look easy most of the time. But you really need a sense of humor or every damn day will be Sisyphus rolling the boulder up the hill. 24/7 Motherhood takes stamina (you know, like labor and childbirth), which is why you still don’t see too many “Stay-At-Home” Dads.

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on April 12, 2012 at 7:57 PM

jimver on April 12, 2012 at 7:42 PM

Its unbelievable to me what a bunch of female pandering wimps our society is made up of. I never slang mud at women, but denying the obvious sacrifices of men is slinging mud at men. I didn’t and don’t feel sorry for myself, but its obvious you feel sorry for mothers. I was just pointing out the obvious fact that I would have rather stayed home with my children than go to the job I was at. If being a mother is the single most difficult job in the world, then why aren’t nannies and daycare’s charging millions? I will stand up and be a gentlemen when American women sit down and be ladies.

NeverLiberal on April 12, 2012 at 7:58 PM

Rosen is pushing Debbie Downer and Fluke’s buttons. Of course, she is probably one of the architects of the war on women PR. Perhaps she was treading the water to see if she could get away with it, and start a talking point. There is no certain way to know if she had conference with Obama’s flacks, but you gotta think they have been wanting to attack Romney based on this. Last few days the Romney campaign theme was the Obama economy was the biggest danger to women. That argument was starting to get traction. Then this. To be honest, I’m getting a bit of a hint of desperation from Team HopeNChange. If they don’t bring in the female vote, they will lose. Period. Their reaction to this speaks volumes.

rubberneck on April 12, 2012 at 7:59 PM

NeverLiberal on April 12, 2012 at 7:04 PM

Speaking of sacrifices, have you ever read about battlefields full of dying men who can’t be reached?

It’s weird, but it turns out they don’t call for loggers they worked with before the war.

rogerb on April 12, 2012 at 8:01 PM

Hey…why don’t you Obama lovers go hang out at Huffo. Get the hell out of here. Your kool-aid is getting cold

Redford on April 12, 2012 at 8:01 PM

NeverLiberal on April 12, 2012 at 7:32 PM
It does not de-value a man to say that mothers have the most honorable and difficult job.
To quote Washington Irving:
“A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials heavy and sudden, fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine desert us; when trouble thickens around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts.”

Much of my strength comes from my mother. My education, my ability to endure one of the most strenuous military jobs, my ability to raise my children alongside their mother, all comes from my mother. My father is not diminished by my mother, he is magnified by her, just as I am by my wife. She is my captain. Honoring women only strengthens men.

Rusty Allen on April 12, 2012 at 8:01 PM

NeverLiberal on April 12, 2012 at 7:48 PM

You might not be lazy but obviously tact and empathy ain’t your strong suit.

arnold ziffel on April 12, 2012 at 8:01 PM

ladyingray on April 12, 2012 at 7:05 PM

NeverLiberal on April 12, 2012 at 7:12 PM

Lord that was insufferably rude..

Do you enjoy doing this just to PO people for no good reason.. Obviously, I’m not a mom, however having two kids 10 and 13, and having my wife work while I have to stay at home with a work related 100% disability.. I have some idea of what being a primary child care giver means..

Is it brain surgery,.. no, is it high art, no,.. is it a labor of love?

absolutely..

I come out of the of fashioned romantic view of chivalry and motherhood. I DO see women as the nobler sex, the one most devoted to giving life,.. not taking it, as is the lest noble if not the harshest responsibility men have. Our biology is survival, our instinct is to protect, even if that requires taking life.. men are what we are.. I’m not ashamed of that.

Women, through the process of giving birth, of nurturing the next generation, have the greatest of responsibilities. Raising the future is no smirking joke, when they will have power over you as we age and they assume the lead.

It’s not the physical act of child care,.. it’s the mindset.. I during my military service, was assigned nuclear weapons security, an SP Squadron guarding our nuclear weapons in storage, and all Priority A related materiel there in. I was proud of that job.. very proud..

But as I raise our children, with my wife having to work.. I have found that I am even more proud of doing this.. than the job of my youth..

Before it was a labor of honor and pride in my country..

Now,.. it is the noblest thing I will ever do,.. if I do it right.. no question..

The noblest.. so back off these ladies..

They aren’t the ones who need to “get over themselves”..

mark81150 on April 12, 2012 at 8:02 PM

NeverLiberal on April 12, 2012 at 7:12 PM

Well, I’d like to know what.

I had a top-notch advanced education and a stellar career when I became a full-time mother, and my kids had no idea “who I was” and couldn’t have cared less.

Listen, if you put your kids in day care and go to work, then you get a break. Work is a sane place, full of adults. They get lunch hour, even.

I will definitely tell you that – as much as I loved being a mother (and I was always very creative with children, and enjoyed their presence) – going to work would have been a piece of cake in comparison.

Aaaaaaand . . . there’s no time off. If you’re sick, you just have to keep going. And when everybody’s sick – oh what fun.

Alana on April 12, 2012 at 8:03 PM

Doing my imitation of canopfor whom I admire:

======================================
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

OT – ROMNEY LEADS OBAMA IN FN Poll:

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
======================================

..so, someone ask The Chicago Pantload how it feels after Romney — only three days on the job — stopped this bravo sierra “War on Wimmen” dead in its tracks in two days and handed him his asss.

The War Planner on April 12, 2012 at 8:04 PM

Bmore,
Yup, just getting ready to bounce. Be there in about an hour or so.

uncommon sense on April 12, 2012 at 8:04 PM

Obama doesn’t want attacks on Ann b/c then Michelle is fair game. There are a lot of unanswered questions about her that should be answered, but no one can go there. If they destory Ann, the right will destroy Michelle and she ain’t as squeaky clean as Ann.

JAM on April 12, 2012 at 6:19 PM

Well well well. JAM, I thought there was no one around here who thought that….are you new around here?? I bet AP is too huh? :)

Next time save your trashy words for yourself..you’ll avoid looking silly.

Can.I.be.in.the.middle on April 12, 2012 at 8:05 PM

NeverLiberal on April 12, 2012 at 7:48 PM

I have one child, who is voluntarily serving his country, thankyouverymuch.

You are quite repugnant. And I still say, you are lazy.

ladyingray on April 12, 2012 at 8:05 PM

You are quite repugnant. And I still say, you are lazy.

ladyingray on April 12, 2012 at 8:05 PM

..save your effort. He will burn out in a couple of days and/or get the ban hammer. Not worth your time.

The War Planner on April 12, 2012 at 8:08 PM

NeverLiberal on April 12, 2012 at 7:58 PM

then why didn’t you stay at home with your children, if you say you much more preferred that? it was your choice not to, right, so why the whining…and btw, don’t know how many nannies you hired for your kids, but they do cost quite a bit (the qualified ones, I mean), at least here in Cali, assuming you don’t want to hire a Spanish-speaking illegal one…

jimver on April 12, 2012 at 8:09 PM

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on April 12, 2012 at 7:57 PM

Finally someone who can disagree with me without insulting me a calling me a troll. It is not my position that praising women is to denigrate men. I am saying that to give women titles that should belong to someone else is denigrating the person who should hold that title. I am also not angry just because of this incident, I am angry because men are so devalued in our culture and nobody seems to care. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZAuqkqxk9A&feature=channel_video_title

NeverLiberal on April 12, 2012 at 8:09 PM