Greta van Susteren defends “my friend” Hilary Rosen Update: Rosen apologizes

posted at 2:16 pm on April 12, 2012 by Tina Korbe

You’ve already read Ed’s take, my take and Erika’s take on different aspects of Hilary Rosen’s remarks (haven’t you? Please make my day and tell me you have!) — but Greta offers yet another perspective that I think is worth sharing because it enables us to take this discussion in a direction other than a defense of stay-at-home motherhood. In a post that Greta herself admits was hastily composed, the Fox News host defends her “friend” Hilary Rosen with this:

In making her remark about Mrs. Romney and her choice to raise a family and not work outside the home,  I know Hilary knows raising children is hard work, really hard work…the absolute hardest work.  Hilary has children.  That is the best way to know the challenge of raising children – have them!   Hilary is not anti-stay-at-home mom.

I did not read Hilary’s comments to in anyway take away from hard chore of raising children or staying at home and raising them and not working outside the family.  I read it to mean that raising children without financial pressure is easier than having financial pressure. This is not to take away from Mrs. Romney – she has done a spectacular job raising 5 great sons – but to face the reality that financial pressure does make it harder to raise a family.  This is also not to say that the Romney family success is anything to be ashamed of…the family should be very proud of its success.  I admire success, don’t you?

Greta’s remarks invite nothing so much as they invite a critique of all the strategizing, consulting and soundbite construction that characterizes political communications these days. Here’s why: If Rosen meant to say that parenthood is made more difficult by financial pressure, then why didn’t she say that?

Either (a) she meant to say what she said or (b) she didn’t mean to say what she said but said it anyway. Why would she say it anyway? Maybe because she was on a TV program spouting opinions about a subject she really hasn’t thought all that deeply about because she just flat-out hasn’t had time to think deeply about it.

The irony of 24/7 communications — especially communications that are mediated by the, er, media — is that we’re often left wondering what the people with whom we’re communicating really meant to say and added layers of “walking back” or “doubling down” don’t usually help us to decipher the truth. If the evening news had any edge over 24/7 news and if print media had any edge over electronic media, it’s that nobody could use the excuse, “That’s not what I meant to say.” Nobody would plausibly believe that somebody spent all day working on saying something but then didn’t mean to say it.

Update: Rosen has issued this statement:

“I apologize to Ann Romney and anyone else who was offended,” Rosen said in a statement. “Let’s declare peace in this phony war and go back to focus on the substance.

“As a mom I know that raising children is the hardest job there is,” Rosen said. “As a pundit, I know my words on CNN last night were poorly chosen.

“In response to Mitt Romney on the campaign trail referring to his wife as a better person to answer questions about women than he is, I was discussing his poor record on the plight of women’s financial struggles. As a partner in a firm full of women who work outside of the home as well as stay-at-home mothers, all with plenty of children, gender equality is not a talking point for me. It is an issue I live every day.”

This only serves to underscore what I wrote above. Rosen still hasn’t taken responsibility for the ideas she expressed. She’s just saying she didn’t mean to offend and she chose her words poorly.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 3 4 5

guess when you’ve already admitted your’e going to vote Obama, it’s not too hard of a step to start embracing lib talking points from there.

Hard to be a Trueconservative(TM) these days.

Swerve22 on April 12, 2012 at 5:47 PM

Is Ann Romney the TrueConservative (TM), the woman who asserted they ddin’t know any Republicans a few years ago, a woman who supported Planned Parenthood despite have 5 kids of her own?

If you Romney supporters want to keep doing this ridicule of conservatives thing, we can have that debate. You are going to lose it.

Dr. Tesla on April 12, 2012 at 6:08 PM

Because any dog you would have had would have long ago thrown itself under as many of the 18 wheels of a semi as possible, Tes. Even dogs can’t stand pompous asses for masters.

Resist We Much on April 12, 2012 at 6:07 PM

Dogs sense my gentle and innate goodness. Plus I feed them well.

Dr. Tesla on April 12, 2012 at 6:10 PM

This has been a bad day for clownish Left-wing hypocrites like yourself. It’s not easy having to try and clean up this mess.

cicerone on April 12, 2012 at 5:51 PM

you’re taking this way too seriously.

i think many of you are a bit traumatized by the long in-fighting, and having to support sketchy mitt will be a heartburn through november (or, breitbart forbid, beyond if he wins). so i understand how exhilarating it must be to be offered a chance to eb outraged at liberals once again.

the romney campaign is clearly worried about their poll numbers with women. that’s why they’re trying to pull this awkward reverse rove, and rosen’s comment what just what they wanted. alas, they wanted it so bad that they’re now overdoing it.

after all, what about gas prices? the anemic recovery? aren’t there topics that you insist obama is vulnerable on? no, instead the romney camp (and HA, natch) has a, uhh, episode over rosen’s comments.

sesquipedalian on April 12, 2012 at 6:11 PM

why you’d embarrass yourselves with this incessant, epicene whining over something a non-entity said on a cable news program, is beyond me. get over it people, its campaign season, the whole manufactured outrage is silly and people are laughing at you.

sesquipedalian on April 12, 2012 at 5:44 PM

a non-entity? then what’s up with the entire dem establishment messina, axelrod, dembie tlkinghead schultz and others falling over themselves and taking to the twitter, fb, TV networks to distance themselves from rosen’s comments and throw her under the bus….why bother?…yeah, rhetorical…you are the silly one and people here have been laughing at you since, err…forever…do yourslelf a favor and get out of here, I don’t think you can embarrass yourself more than you already did with your imbecilic comments…

jimver on April 12, 2012 at 6:14 PM

Dr. Tesla on April 12, 2012 at 6:10 PM
Inappropriate.

Rusty Allen on April 12, 2012 at 6:16 PM

I think the true fallout of Rush’s Fluke comments is that it has emboldened the feminists to say what they really think about things like stay-at-home moms and that will prove to be a plus for Republicans b/c we can use it as easy proganda. So even when Rush ostensibly screws up and “goes too far” it works out for us in the end.

Dr. Tesla on April 12, 2012 at 6:17 PM

Inappropriate.

Rusty Allen on April 12, 2012 at 6:16 PM

I will pay you 10 bucks a month to stop stalking me on here. Set up a PayPal account and let’s make this happen.

Dr. Tesla on April 12, 2012 at 6:18 PM

The fact that Team Zero handpicked her to guide DWS and give her media training elevates her way above a non-entity. Poor attempt.

elevates by how much? is she now the face of the campaign?

And the outrage is real. She spewed the utter contempt liberals have for Mothers who stay at home, portraying them at both stupid and ignorant.

dogsoldier on April 12, 2012 at 6:01 PM

i’m sure you have valid reasons to work yourself into a lather over stuff people say on cable and i’m just not wise enough to see them.

sesquipedalian on April 12, 2012 at 6:19 PM

sesquipedalian on April 12, 2012 at 6:11 PM

We can walk and chew gum at the same time, sport, as President Empty Gesture famously assured us he could.

DrSteve on April 12, 2012 at 6:20 PM

Dr. Tesla on April 12, 2012 at 6:17 PM
I will stop responding to you when you stop bringing up beastiality and injecting homoerotic comments on every thread.

Rusty Allen on April 12, 2012 at 6:26 PM

Rusty Allen on April 12, 2012 at 6:26 PM

The first half of your comment is absurd, somebody else brought that up on this thread and I scoffed at that, and the second half of your comment is also absurd b/c you made this same claim about me being obsessed with homosexuals on a post about homophobes are really homosexuals according to some “study”.

Dr. Tesla on April 12, 2012 at 6:28 PM

Hey Greta, don’t get insulted, but is your job devoted to spreading ignorance?

gmerits on April 12, 2012 at 2:36 PM

I’d say that is a given, considering that she is on Fox News and that her show is one of the very few that Sarah Palin will flap her gums on.

bileduct on April 12, 2012 at 6:30 PM

DrSteve on April 12, 2012 at 6:20 PM

perhaps, doc. but you’ve been chewing all day, isn’t it time to try walking? seeing that the 7th (8th? 9th?) post on rosen is just up, i guess not yet.

sesquipedalian on April 12, 2012 at 6:30 PM

lol….Inflatable, anatomically correct dogs don’t count Doc.

Tim_CA on April 12, 2012 at 4:58 PM

C’mon man did you really have to go there?

By the way, dogs, like little kids, love me. I don’t apologize for that. I have a gift.

Dr. Tesla on April 12, 2012 at 5:02 PM

Rusty, you got to own your lies, brother. :)

Dr. Tesla on April 12, 2012 at 6:31 PM

Hilary Rosen never met a desert she didn’t like.

SurferDoc on April 12, 2012 at 6:31 PM

Dr. Tesla on April 12, 2012 at 6:28 PM
Please stop, This thread is about Hilary Rosen.

Rusty Allen on April 12, 2012 at 6:31 PM

May I add:
– rich women do not understand economics because they haven’t suffered.
– $160,000.00 is not enough money to raise two children.
– “raising children without financial pressure” is easy even if you have cancer and MS.

January on April 12, 2012 at 4:42 PM

What a load of hot, steaming crap. I’m no where near “rich”, but do well and have no kids, but that doesn’t mean that I don’t understand or can’t conceptualize what someone on a McWage would have to go through. I do have family, friends, acquaintances and have eyes and can read. I am also able to use my brain.

I would extend that to consider that someone with the above points you make could do the same.

kim roy on April 12, 2012 at 6:32 PM

Please stop, This thread is about Hilary Rosen.

Rusty Allen on April 12, 2012 at 6:31 PM

I know, and you haven’t said one thing related to Hilary Rosen. I have, all your comments are aimed at me personally with false accusations that are so absurd it’s funny.

Dr. Tesla on April 12, 2012 at 6:33 PM

perhaps, doc. but you’ve been chewing all day, isn’t it time to try walking?

sesquipedalian on April 12, 2012 at 6:30 PM

Oh, did the economy stop sucking while we were talking? Didn’t think so.

DrSteve on April 12, 2012 at 6:36 PM

Dr. Tesla on April 12, 2012 at 6:33 PM
It’s not funny, it’s gross. Let’s raise the level of discourse.

Rusty Allen on April 12, 2012 at 6:36 PM

As if they REALLY want to talk about substance.

A fake race war and fake war on women were both designed to distract from substance.

Wagthatdog on April 12, 2012 at 6:37 PM

It’s not funny, it’s gross. Let’s raise the level of discourse.

Rusty Allen on April 12, 2012 at 6:36 PM

Ok when you can quote me saying something about beastiality and injecting homoerotic comments on this thread not to mention every thread, you’ll have some crediblity.

You are trolling me brother.

Dr. Tesla on April 12, 2012 at 6:38 PM

I’m just playing devil’s advocate here, let me know where I’m wrong.

Dr. Tesla on April 12, 2012 at 4:26 PM

You’re wrong. The ultimate goal is to raise children to be positive contributing members of society and for most of their lives they don’t understand the goal. I’ll give you a pass since you don’t have any children of your own. Love the candy remark, seldom produces quiet and causes dental bills. It’s a big picture thing.

Cindy Munford on April 12, 2012 at 6:39 PM

Dr. Tesla on April 12, 2012 at 6:38 PM
I asked you to stop.

Rusty Allen on April 12, 2012 at 6:39 PM

Cindy Munford on April 12, 2012 at 6:39 PM

I’ve had great success with candy in terms of getting them to be quiet. Obviously if you give them too much sugar they will get cranky.

Regard the dental aspect, that’s the point of brushing their teeth. :)

Dr. Tesla on April 12, 2012 at 6:41 PM

Kid respond to positive reinforcement and they love candy. If you are good, you’ll get some candy worked for me when I was a kid. I know something abou tkids b/c I was one. :)

Dr. Tesla on April 12, 2012 at 6:43 PM

Uh, no I don’t. Have any evidence otherwise?

ddrintn on April 12, 2012 at 5:48 PM

So you really are that clueless. All the pundits on here and other websites and the news and on radio are getting it wrong and you’re the only one (other than the lying Left) who sees it clearly? Talk about doubling down on teh stupid. You’ve got DWS and Hilary Rosen level talent for getting it all wrong. And why doesn’t it concern you that you’re on the same side as a troll like sesquipedalian? Unless you’re a troll just like that one…

cicerone on April 12, 2012 at 5:56 PM

In other words, no you don’t have any evidence or anything else to contradict what I said. Just another widdle ‘bot grasping at any straw that comes along.

ddrintn on April 12, 2012 at 6:46 PM

All you need to know about kids is they can be bribed with candy and vidoe games and the possiblitiy of you taking them to a pizza place or something like that. That’s why I say parenting isn’t hard.

Dr. Tesla on April 12, 2012 at 6:46 PM

cicerone on April 12, 2012 at 5:56 PM

By the way, it didn’t seem to bother the ‘bots to be on the side of the libs when it came to, oh, Gingrich and Santorum and Palin. Now the ‘bots are the true blue conservatives who will damn you to the progressive blacklist merely for being less than thrilled a moderate like Romney. LOL

ddrintn on April 12, 2012 at 6:49 PM

*WITH a moderate

ddrintn on April 12, 2012 at 6:50 PM

Dr. Tesla on April 12, 2012 at 6:41 PM

How long are you in charge alone with children?

Cindy Munford on April 12, 2012 at 6:51 PM

Candy comments bother you too?

Rusty Allen on April 12, 2012 at 6:52 PM

Isn’t this a conservative mantra? Stay home barefooted and pregnant.

Uppereastside on April 12, 2012 at 2:45 PM

When I was pregnant, my feet swelled up like sausages, so going barefoot was a relief after a day in dress shoes. What?

cptacek on April 12, 2012 at 6:52 PM

The whole charade is an orchestrated attack against Mitt Romney’s wealth.
Baracky set it up last week when he said “We didn’t have the luxury for Michelle not to work.” And Rosen finished it off, perhaps inartfully as an apparent attack on Ann. But ultimately this circles back to Baracky’s class warfare. It’s not a war on women, it’s a war on wealth. See: the Buffett rule.

Brat on April 12, 2012 at 2:47 PM

Good catch. She just whiffed it, but that was the attempt.

cptacek on April 12, 2012 at 6:53 PM

I know people who are lazy in every other aspect of their life but they are good parents. Don’t tell me it’s all that tough to be a parent unless your kids have some serious health issues.

Dr. Tesla on April 12, 2012 at 6:53 PM

She’s a partner in a firm who hires stay- at – home moms? And these stay-at-home mom’s even had children? Who would have thunk it?

Fred 2 on April 12, 2012 at 6:53 PM

May I add:
– rich women do not understand economics because they haven’t suffered.
– $160,000.00 is not enough money to raise two children.

January on April 12, 2012 at 4:42 PM

kim roy on April 12, 2012 at 6:32 PM

January was adding to a list of things the Democrats are trying to sell this week. It was tongue in cheek…

cptacek on April 12, 2012 at 6:54 PM

Uppereastside
There is nothing more honorable than motherhood. You would do well not to disparage it.

Rusty Allen on April 12, 2012 at 6:54 PM

How long are you in charge alone with children?

Cindy Munford on April 12, 2012 at 6:51 PM

I knew you were going to ask me that eventually. I’ll let you hvae the last word but sugar and other simple bribes is all you need to excel as a parent. :)

Dr. Tesla on April 12, 2012 at 6:55 PM

Rusty Allen on April 12, 2012 at 6:54 PM

What about being a soldier in combat? Devil’s advocate.

Dr. Tesla on April 12, 2012 at 6:55 PM

Go to alexa.com and check out the demographics of left wing sites like MoveOn.org or DailyKos. Their typical readers are middle aged or older women with no children.

The fact is, aging, man-hating spinsters like Rosen are a huge portion of the Democratic Party’s support. Some are lesbian, like Rosen, and some aren’t. They hate straight women who choose to be housewives just as much as they hate men.

Django on April 12, 2012 at 6:57 PM

Dr. Tesla on April 12, 2012 at 6:55 PM
A mother is a soldier in combat. All of the evils of the world are focused on destroying the family. I have been active duty military every day of my adult life, as a lifesaver not a soldier, but my job is nowhere near as difficult as my wife’s.

Rusty Allen on April 12, 2012 at 6:59 PM

All this talk about candy has made me think about Skittles. Dr. T needs to make a sugar run. You guys stay the course and we will talk to you later, ok?

Dr. Tesla on April 12, 2012 at 7:00 PM

– $160,000.00 is not enough money to raise two children.

January on April 12, 2012 at 4:42 PM

…Mochelle could have stayed at home (if she chose to) and if that cretin of a husband got a real job instead of organizing communities with a Harvard degree…besides do you call dumping patients for a living (and for 400,000 USD) a year a job??? really??? that job was created for her as a pay off for whatever favors her husband did to that hospital in his capacity as a state legislator..it’s Chicago way, what are you, new?…ever wonder why that particular job ‘disappeared’ from the payroll after she left, never to be offered to anyone else again???

jimver on April 12, 2012 at 7:01 PM

What about being a soldier in combat? Devil’s advocate.

Dr. Tesla on April 12, 2012 at 6:55 PM

Moms.

Rusty Allen on April 12, 2012 at 6:59 PM

Medics are high on the list too. Some moms are medics too.

dogsoldier on April 12, 2012 at 7:02 PM

dogsoldier on April 12, 2012 at 7:02 PM
Isn’t every mom a medic at some point?

Rusty Allen on April 12, 2012 at 7:04 PM

dogsoldier on April 12, 2012 at 7:02 PM
Isn’t every mom a medic at some point?

Rusty Allen on April 12, 2012 at 7:04 PM

Mine sure was!

dogsoldier on April 12, 2012 at 7:05 PM

Isn’t every mom a medic at some point?

Rusty Allen on April 12, 2012 at 7:04 PM

That’s kind of scary to contemplate. I wouldn’t have wanted my mother playing medic on me. Hah!

Dr. Tesla on April 12, 2012 at 7:06 PM

Dr. Tesla on April 12, 2012 at 7:06 PM

I’m genuinely sorry to hear that.

dogsoldier on April 12, 2012 at 7:08 PM

Seems like a typical hard-feminist non-apology to me.

As a conservative activist on moral issues many years ago, I debated several aggressive leftist/feminist “activists” and they all had the same hardness to them. Their tactic was to attack, attack, attack, even if they were having to “clarify” some remark they or their side had made. There is the same tone with Rosen’s “apology.”

Whitewolf7070 on April 12, 2012 at 7:10 PM

I’m genuinely sorry to hear that.

dogsoldier on April 12, 2012 at 7:08 PM

Moms job is to have the Skittles and Pepsi ready and to take little Johnny to the hospital and have the professionals take care of Little Johnny when he breaks his arm.

One man’s opinion. It’s non-binding.

Dr. Tesla on April 12, 2012 at 7:11 PM

Uppereastside

Rusty Allen on April 12, 2012 at 6:54 PM

Don’t waste your breath. To UESers the only honorable thing is to score a rent controlled apt.

WryTrvllr on April 12, 2012 at 7:27 PM

Mine sure was!

dogsoldier on April 12, 2012 at 7:05 PM

Mine too. Iodine, castor oil and blackstrap molasses. Oh, and Fels Naptha soap if you got mouthy.

katy the mean old lady on April 12, 2012 at 7:29 PM

katy the mean old lady on April 12, 2012 at 7:29 PM
Now soap in the mouth is child abuse. Too bad I couldn’t tell my mom that :)

Rusty Allen on April 12, 2012 at 7:33 PM

I ate toadstool mushrooms and my mom gave me ipecac.

Rusty Allen on April 12, 2012 at 7:35 PM

Dr. Tesla on April 12, 2012 at 4:58 PM
Stop bringing gay issues into this.

Rusty Allen on April 12, 2012 at 5:13 PM

Impossible! You might as well demand that he stop commenting on how brilliant and handsome he is. :-)

Resist We Much on April 12, 2012 at 7:35 PM

Now soap in the mouth is child abuse. Too bad I couldn’t tell my mom that :)

Rusty Allen on April 12, 2012 at 7:33 PM

Mom would be doing life without the possibility of parole.

katy the mean old lady on April 12, 2012 at 7:40 PM

May I add:
– rich women do not understand economics because they haven’t suffered.
– $160,000.00 is not enough money to raise two children.

January on April 12, 2012 at 4:42 PM

kim roy on April 12, 2012 at 6:32 PM

cptacek on April 12, 2012 at 6:54 PM

If so, my apologies and thank you for the clarification. Can’t tell anymore who is who. Need a scorecard for the newbies and which ones have a clue.

kim roy on April 12, 2012 at 7:41 PM

I ate toadstool mushrooms and my mom gave me ipecac.

Rusty Allen on April 12, 2012 at 7:35 PM

You have a very smart Mom.

katy the mean old lady on April 12, 2012 at 7:42 PM

Resist We Much on April 12, 2012 at 7:35 PM
Yup, I’ve come to realize when you ask him to stop he turns it around on you. And then keeps bringing it up just to show you he never brings it up.

Rusty Allen on April 12, 2012 at 7:45 PM

I do note that my accusers have not provided one quote by me on this thread about the gays, or how handsome and brilliant I am (no need to state the obvious).

Dr. Tesla on April 12, 2012 at 7:48 PM

Dr. Tesla on April 12, 2012 at 6:08 PM

Ok, setting aside your weird ideas about raising kids- you could at least tell the whole story, here.

Ann Romney donated a grand total of $150 almost TWENTY YEARS AGO. This was before Romney converted to being pro-life as governor. This isn’t exactly funding a clinic, here. I could be missing something, but don’t we want people to convert to our way of thinking? Or are we just paying that idea lip-service when it’s convenient?

Book on April 12, 2012 at 7:54 PM

Book on April 12, 2012 at 7:54 PM

Romney has a history of flip flopping so it’s not illogical for people to question his sincerity. It’s illogical not to.

My point is the diehard Romney supporters need to drop these True Conservative thing b/c their horse does have a flawed record in political office.

Dr. Tesla on April 12, 2012 at 8:01 PM

Dr. Tesla on April 12, 2012 at 8:01 PM
Trying to lure kids with candy is not parenting, it’s creepy at best.

Rusty Allen on April 12, 2012 at 8:10 PM

Dr. Tesla on April 12, 2012 at 6:08 PM

She knows plenty of republicans now, what’s the problem?

I wasn’t always conservative on every issue either, so you’re going to have a hard time telling me that converts to conservatism are somehow less worthy to be a conservative than the Trueconservative(TM) lifers that are now all running around threatening to vote for Obama/sit out/write in bugs bunny/etc.

Swerve22 on April 12, 2012 at 8:13 PM

How is this an issue of “flip-flopping”? You can pretty easily see when Romney became pro-life. Before he was gov, he gave some tepid support to pro-abortion groups. Then he started arguing, vetoing and donating in a fairly easy to follow, pro-life way. I think it’s important to remember that we WANT people convert to the prolife side.

Incidentally, in 2006, Romney donated $15,000- that’s two zeroes more than the 1994 donation, for those of us who like to note that sort of thing- to Massachusetts Citizens for Life. (that would be a Pro-life group.)

If Romney’s wife’s pre-pro-life, one time donation means anything, than surely this donation means something as well?

Book on April 12, 2012 at 8:15 PM

Book on April 12, 2012 at 8:15 PM

Once again, you’re doing it wrong. Before looking and Mitt or Anns past you have to put on your Trueconservative(TM) approved inspection goggles which will help you to find out the REAL truth by blocking out everything that shows Romney in any other light than DANGEROUS FLIP FLOPPING RINO NOT TO BE TRUSTED ROMNEYCARE OBAMA-LITE SQUISHY DOG HATER.

Try that method and then get back to us.

Swerve22 on April 12, 2012 at 8:20 PM

Van Susteren defending the indefensible here is yet another reason why I turn my TV off every night when her block-jawed mug befouls my TV screen.

She’s just a damn lawyer. I could care less what lawyers think because the vast majority of them are Libtards. When is Fox going to wise up and have somebody, anybody, replace her to run right after Sean Hannity’s time slot?

A side benefit to Van Susteren getting deep-sixed would be no more nightly wheeze-fests from RINO loser John McCain. “Hi Greta….(wheeze)”. The only reason I voted for the SOB in 2008 was because Sarah Palin was the Veep candidate.

CatchAll on April 12, 2012 at 8:22 PM

She knows plenty of republicans now, what’s the problem?

Swerve22 on April 12, 2012 at 8:13 PM

How do you run as a Republican but not know a single Republican? I thhought that was a most remarkable statement.

I think a lot of conservatives tell you they aren’t going to vote for Romney b/c they know you will get all worked up about it plus you are an obnoxious Romney brown noser who can’t admit that Romney’s record in Mass was across the board liberal. There was nothing moderate about RomneyCare, it was liberalism on parade.

Dr. Tesla on April 12, 2012 at 8:23 PM

How is this an issue of “flip-flopping”? You can pretty easily see

Book on April 12, 2012 at 8:15 PM

I think it’s important to remember politicians like Romney like to play both sides. I agree he’ll be better than Obama but not by much if he hasn’t truly changed a lot since his days as gov. in Mass.

Dr. Tesla on April 12, 2012 at 8:25 PM

never believe a politician.

sesquipedalian on April 12, 2012 at 5:44 PM

Unless its name is O’bama?

INC

Del Dolemonte on April 12, 2012 at 8:31 PM

I waded thru the list and counted her name on the Visitor Log 28 times. I’m sure I missed a few.

G-

Del Dolemonte on April 12, 2012 at 5:38 PM

no malcolm x? fail.

sesquipedalian on April 12, 2012 at 5:48 PM

Translated: “I was afraid to go to Del’s White House Visitors’ Log Link.”

Some fascinating reading there. And you can sort by first name or last name. You really should explore the names.

INC

Del Dolemonte on April 12, 2012 at 8:34 PM

sesquipedalian on April 12, 2012 at 6:11 PM

Absolutely pathetic. Won’t even bother to grade you on this steaming heap.

Del Dolemonte on April 12, 2012 at 8:36 PM

MUT’s Badass of the Week: Ann Romney — Some humorous aspects of my analysis of the Rosen fiasco: 1) A Mormon mother tagged as a “Badass”; 2) A reference to how Ann Romney will be Palinized with email inquisitions, requests for clothing expenditures, and rumors of affairs; and, 3) A hilarious pain scale, with an addendum as to how much pain Team Obama is in right now.

Mutnodjmet on April 12, 2012 at 8:40 PM

Hilary is not anti-stay-at-home mom.</blockquote
You are right. Hilary Rose is the dad with her partner Elizabeth Birch.

galtani on April 12, 2012 at 8:45 PM

Clearly you live and work in a red-state. I do not. As a matter of fact, I work in an industry that makes it dangerous to be a Republican. If I were to be more open about it I would be black-listed and would be hard-pressed to find work.

In the position I am in, I know very few Republicans. At least, very few “out of the closet” conservatives. ;-) I can relate to the Romneys in that respect. It must have been pretty hard for them to cut taxes and lower spending in such a liberal state. You have to give them a lot of credit for managing it.

Book on April 12, 2012 at 8:53 PM

Why doesn’t anyone mention Hilary Rosen is openly gay, thus the basis for attacking Romney. Shouldn’t the whitehouse rally behind her since they are apparently champions of gay rights?

Rusty Allen on April 12, 2012 at 8:55 PM

Spank me harder! Mom always spanks me harder!!

sesquipedalian on April 12, 2012 at 9:00 PM

CurtZHP on April 12, 2012 at 8:59 PM

Greta does not like the Romneys.

Terrye on April 12, 2012 at 9:11 PM

Once again, so what? She wasn’t involved in politics and lived in Mass. Like I said she knows plenty of Republicans now.

Dr. Tesla on April 12, 2012 at 8:23 PM

So you admit that they’re a bunch of trolls then (or at least trolling) to get people worked up and then call me obnoxious for responding to them? Nice.

And no I wouldn’t say over 800 vetos in Mass. against the liberal legislature (many of which were overidden and now used to beat Mitt about the head with) doesn’t sound very “across the board liberal” to me at all. Neither does being the first state to deputize Staties to check for illegals.

Swerve22 on April 12, 2012 at 9:11 PM

Greta does not like the Romneys.
Terrye on April 12, 2012 at 9:11 PM
Greta is a scientologist. She doesn’t like Mormons getting the spotlight for being weird. Scientologists own weird.

Rusty Allen on April 12, 2012 at 9:14 PM

She’s just a damn lawyer.

CatchAll on April 12, 2012 at 8:22 PM

Which is precisely why her show used to be about crime.

Post-2008 election changed that when her show became the regular and exclusive dumping ground for Sarah Palin’s oral excretions, which could explain the developing impairment on her mental faculties.

bileduct on April 12, 2012 at 10:26 PM

Dr. Tesla on April 12, 2012 at 6:46 PM

Dude, 1) that is kind of creepy the way you say that. 2) It shows that you never spend more than a couple of hours with other peoples kids and don’t have a clue on what it is like to be around them 24/7 as a parent.

uncommon sense on April 12, 2012 at 10:31 PM

I just watched Greta with Karl Rove (not my favorite human) talking about her friend. I really felt sorry for her, as she was spinning hard, and Greta doesn’t normally do that. I understand her wanting to stick up for a friend, as I have liberal friends and socially we get along fine. We don’t talk politics much, and the kids are good friends, so I won’t deprive them of that. What I find most annoying about this, is most people will find that they have more to agree on, than disagree. The whole uber left and uber right play on the extreme differences that society has, and not what we have in common. I know I’ll get flamed for this, but it is just an observation.

uncommon sense on April 12, 2012 at 10:38 PM

Greta was once again furiously defending Rosen tonight, in an interview with Karl Rove. Rove was having none of it and they had it out in a polite respectable fashion, great TV. Watch for tape.

slickwillie2001 on April 12, 2012 at 10:39 PM

Dr. Tesla on April 12, 2012 at 6:38 PM
I asked you to stop.

Rusty Allen on April 12, 2012 at 6:39 PM

Rusty you are really really creepy… yuck!

CCRWM on April 12, 2012 at 10:46 PM

Question for Hilary Rosen :

So Ann Romney isn’t qualified to listen to women who have less money than she has, and report their concerns to her husband, because……..

Why?

I’m a working woman of modest means concerned about the economy (my kids work in the private sector) and about religious liberty. What has Ann Romney said that indicates she doesn’t “get” these concerns?

ansonia on April 12, 2012 at 10:55 PM

uncommon sense on April 12, 2012 at 10:38 PM

It is Fox News. What did you expect?

bileduct on April 12, 2012 at 11:12 PM

Coordinating the activities of your four housemaids is REALLY TOUGH.

People need to lay off Ann Romney.

bileduct on April 12, 2012 at 11:16 PM

uncommon sense on April 12, 2012 at 10:31 PM

I think it’s kind of creepy you are accusing me of pedophilia based on my fact based theory that kids can be bribed with candy and junk food. I have a nephew and a niece and I’ve spent some time with them. They love candy and I have lots of it.

If kids are such little monsters, why do so many people have kids? I don’t see why you can’t concede the point that it’s not “hard” to raise kids in a general sense.

Dr. Tesla on April 13, 2012 at 12:51 AM

I will say that the whole being pregnant and giving birth to a child seems hard, to be fair and balanced. I don’t want to get lumped into the group waging the War on Mothers. Heh.

Dr. Tesla on April 13, 2012 at 12:54 AM

Greta van Scientologist needs to STFU.

rayra on April 13, 2012 at 2:34 AM

Greta: “yeah, but she didn’t mean work work.”

Red Creek on April 13, 2012 at 3:59 AM

WOW. what has happened to this site? Lefties, imbeciles and a##holes have hijacked what used to be an enjoyable excursion into conservative land. oh well, there’s others for now.

Fuquay Steve on April 13, 2012 at 6:35 AM

Greta got taken to the woodshed by Karl Rove. She looked like Solenoid O’Brien getting schooled.

DanMan on April 13, 2012 at 10:28 AM