Greta van Susteren defends “my friend” Hilary Rosen Update: Rosen apologizes

posted at 2:16 pm on April 12, 2012 by Tina Korbe

You’ve already read Ed’s take, my take and Erika’s take on different aspects of Hilary Rosen’s remarks (haven’t you? Please make my day and tell me you have!) — but Greta offers yet another perspective that I think is worth sharing because it enables us to take this discussion in a direction other than a defense of stay-at-home motherhood. In a post that Greta herself admits was hastily composed, the Fox News host defends her “friend” Hilary Rosen with this:

In making her remark about Mrs. Romney and her choice to raise a family and not work outside the home,  I know Hilary knows raising children is hard work, really hard work…the absolute hardest work.  Hilary has children.  That is the best way to know the challenge of raising children – have them!   Hilary is not anti-stay-at-home mom.

I did not read Hilary’s comments to in anyway take away from hard chore of raising children or staying at home and raising them and not working outside the family.  I read it to mean that raising children without financial pressure is easier than having financial pressure. This is not to take away from Mrs. Romney – she has done a spectacular job raising 5 great sons – but to face the reality that financial pressure does make it harder to raise a family.  This is also not to say that the Romney family success is anything to be ashamed of…the family should be very proud of its success.  I admire success, don’t you?

Greta’s remarks invite nothing so much as they invite a critique of all the strategizing, consulting and soundbite construction that characterizes political communications these days. Here’s why: If Rosen meant to say that parenthood is made more difficult by financial pressure, then why didn’t she say that?

Either (a) she meant to say what she said or (b) she didn’t mean to say what she said but said it anyway. Why would she say it anyway? Maybe because she was on a TV program spouting opinions about a subject she really hasn’t thought all that deeply about because she just flat-out hasn’t had time to think deeply about it.

The irony of 24/7 communications — especially communications that are mediated by the, er, media — is that we’re often left wondering what the people with whom we’re communicating really meant to say and added layers of “walking back” or “doubling down” don’t usually help us to decipher the truth. If the evening news had any edge over 24/7 news and if print media had any edge over electronic media, it’s that nobody could use the excuse, “That’s not what I meant to say.” Nobody would plausibly believe that somebody spent all day working on saying something but then didn’t mean to say it.

Update: Rosen has issued this statement:

“I apologize to Ann Romney and anyone else who was offended,” Rosen said in a statement. “Let’s declare peace in this phony war and go back to focus on the substance.

“As a mom I know that raising children is the hardest job there is,” Rosen said. “As a pundit, I know my words on CNN last night were poorly chosen.

“In response to Mitt Romney on the campaign trail referring to his wife as a better person to answer questions about women than he is, I was discussing his poor record on the plight of women’s financial struggles. As a partner in a firm full of women who work outside of the home as well as stay-at-home mothers, all with plenty of children, gender equality is not a talking point for me. It is an issue I live every day.”

This only serves to underscore what I wrote above. Rosen still hasn’t taken responsibility for the ideas she expressed. She’s just saying she didn’t mean to offend and she chose her words poorly.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Gah! Drudge has the link.

dogsoldier on April 12, 2012 at 4:33 PM

Hilary hits a grand slam:

1) She knocks the Dems off message

2) She kills their War on Women meme

3) She demonstrates her incompetence by doing exactly what they hired her to teach Wasserman-Schultz not to do

4) She breaks the cardinal rule of damage control by not taking the hit and moving on but doubles down and makes it the biggest story of the day

What did I leave out? anything?

SurferDoc on April 12, 2012 at 4:33 PM

this woman is a random CNN talking head the GOP acts like she is the left’s Limbaugh! shows how desperate they are to appeal to women now that they have waged war on their reproductive rights

DBag on April 12, 2012 at 4:13 PM

She was hired by the BHO Finishing school For Young Ladies to give Debbie Downer deportment lessons. Debbie seems to be a upset with Ms. Rosen.

katy the mean old lady on April 12, 2012 at 4:33 PM

a) Treating Mr. Romney’s wife and her life choices as a surrogate for Mr. Romney — who made a different set of life choices — is disingenuous.

b) Mr. Romney hasn’t said a word against gender equality — which I would assume means equal pay for equal work, or an equal right to participate or not participate in sex. She doubles down on stupid.

unclesmrgol on April 12, 2012 at 4:33 PM

Which is it?

angryed on April 12, 2012 at 4:32 PM

C. troll <<<<

dogsoldier on April 12, 2012 at 4:34 PM

The Left doesn’t have a Limbaugh, b/c that would require that they have somebody that is both smart, funny, and can attract a large audience and hold it for years. Liberals aren’t smart, that’s why they are liberals, and few of them are funny b/c their own political correctness sort of boxes them in to what they can say, and the ones that are politicall incorrect like Bill Maher are crass rather than funny.

Dr. Tesla on April 12, 2012 at 4:34 PM

DBag on April 12, 2012 at 4:13 PM

BTW, you DO know who Debbie is, don’t you?

katy the mean old lady on April 12, 2012 at 4:35 PM

You should really research a little. They did this recently because Debbie was so over the top. Also because she is considered a consultant and not a direct employee, CNN gets to fib about it.

dogsoldier on April 12, 2012 at 4:15 PM

prove that she is getting paid by dws or any other political campaign or party. politicians and campaigns are transparent by law. show me an expense item or a salary line associated with rosen from any dem campaign. if you can’t, it’s a baseless accusation.

sesquipedalian on April 12, 2012 at 4:35 PM

I’m just playing devil’s advocate here, let me know where I’m wrong.

Dr. Tesla on April 12, 2012 at 4:26 PM

You owe me a new monitor, keyboard, and mouse. That’s at least one place where you went wrong.

My collie says:

CC, I think this is the part where you usually say “Stupid dog.”

Dr. Tesla is a dog? How could you tell, collie?

My collie says:

Why is that the people that “know everything’ about raising children, are the ones that have never had them?

Collie, THIS is the spot where I usually say, “Stupid dog.”

CyberCipher on April 12, 2012 at 4:35 PM

katy the mean old lady on April 12, 2012 at 4:33 PM

We keep telling them, but they have their ears covered.

dogsoldier on April 12, 2012 at 4:35 PM

Dr. Tesla on April 12, 2012 at 4:26 PM

Why do I smell a thread hijack coming? Actually, this one was quite good…up to AnninCA standards.

a capella on April 12, 2012 at 4:35 PM

Drudhe has a link up to the left’s plan to defend Rosen by trying claim we are all bigots against Lesbians. Heads up:

dogsoldier on April 12, 2012 at 4:32 PM

The only way they’re going to sell that fiction is if they cherry pick some Twitter comments from a few wackos out there in the Twitter-verse, because there will be NO such comments from anyone associated with the Romney campaign, GOP leadership, or leading conservative commenters. And they cherry pick at their own peril when one considers this.

Rational Thought on April 12, 2012 at 4:38 PM

sesquipedalian on April 12, 2012 at 4:35 PM

Read the article, the payments are public record.

dogsoldier on April 12, 2012 at 4:38 PM

a capella on April 12, 2012 at 4:35 PM

Isn’t my question related to the topic being discussed? It’s a sincere question, I have an open mind on the issue.

In my mind, raising kids is cake compared to msot htings, but the little ones do love me. I’m not sure if all adults have my ability to relate to the little ones.

Dr. Tesla on April 12, 2012 at 4:39 PM

So she’s nobody who works for the DNC chair and visits has visited the WH 35 times.

angryed on April 12, 2012 at 4:32 PM

i think now you’re just being deliberately obtuse.

also, too, have you heard about the time when bill ayers visited the white house?

you make this too easy, i’m rapidly losing interest.

sesquipedalian on April 12, 2012 at 4:39 PM

i think now you’re just being deliberately obtuse.

you make this too easy, i’m rapidly losing interest.

sesquipedalian on April 12, 2012 at 4:39 PM

Except this Hilary Rosen did visit 35 times.

Your shovel needs to be replaced soon, you’re wearing it out from digging so furiously.

angryed on April 12, 2012 at 4:41 PM

a capella on April 12, 2012 at 4:35 PM

My collie says:

*sniff* *sniff* a capella is on to something, CC. I smell it, too.

Who could have predicted THAT kind of behavior from Dr. Tesla?

My collie says:

Err…anyone that reads the comments here regularly?

You’re not as stupid as you look, Collie.

CyberCipher on April 12, 2012 at 4:41 PM

Read the article, the payments are public record.

dogsoldier on April 12, 2012 at 4:38 PM

so let’s see the public record. but, you know, just the facts, ma’m.

not some schmo tweeting that it “sounds like” something.

sesquipedalian on April 12, 2012 at 4:41 PM

What I learned today from liberals:

- stay at home moms watch TV and do their nails all day
- waitresses in Nevada are starving because of Romney
- a woman who visited the WH 35 times is a nobody

angryed on April 12, 2012 at 4:14 PM

May I add:
– rich women do not understand economics because they haven’t suffered.
– $160,000.00 is not enough money to raise two children.
– “raising children without financial pressure” is easy even if you have cancer and MS.

January on April 12, 2012 at 4:42 PM

Except this Hilary Rosen did visit 35 times.

angryed on April 12, 2012 at 4:41 PM

prove it.

sesquipedalian on April 12, 2012 at 4:42 PM

Read the article, the payments are public record.

dogsoldier on April 12, 2012 at 4:38 PM

Come on, babe. We could have gotten 5 or 6 more good comments out of hi.
Actually, I kind of like sesqui. A much better troll than most of what we have now. Have you noticed that right after our 2 got the axe yesterday, seven more popped up. One dumber than the next.

katy the mean old lady on April 12, 2012 at 4:42 PM

This was the whole point that Rosen was trying to make. It wasn’t an attack on stay at home moms – it was an attack on Willard’s statement (over and over) that his wife gives him the best advice on what women want and need. And basically – she’s so far outside the bell curve – how could she even know?

HondaV65 on April 12, 2012 at 4:00 PM

So, you are saying that Mrs Romney is incapable of listening to scores of women talking about how the economy affects their lives on the campaign trail and talking to her husband about their stories? That’s what he said. He never claimed that she was an expert in economics.

Resist We Much on April 12, 2012 at 4:44 PM

I don’t really get this “my collie says” thing this guy does. I feel sad when humor falls flat everybody feels a little uneasy.

Dr. Tesla on April 12, 2012 at 4:44 PM

Anyone still watching Greta is brain dead anyway, so who cares what she thi9nks.

johnny reb on April 12, 2012 at 4:45 PM

prove it.

sesquipedalian on April 12, 2012 at 4:42 PM

WH vistors log.
Honey, you used to be much better than this. Quit haging around those new guys. They’re dumbing you down.

katy the mean old lady on April 12, 2012 at 4:47 PM

Trolling isn’t catching many fish today. Hint: fresh bait.

SurferDoc on April 12, 2012 at 4:47 PM

I thought Greta usually just talked about legal cases, beating certain ones to death.

Dr. Tesla on April 12, 2012 at 4:48 PM

This DNC tool has managed to unite the GOP and others around the Romneys. Way to go, Hilary. This is how out of touch these progressive idiots are with reality.

Even if Obama and Axelrod were floating a trial balloon by staging this fiasco, it was dumb to even attempt.

Ann Romney will be a great First Lady.

Philly on April 12, 2012 at 4:48 PM

Dr. Tesla on April 12, 2012 at 4:44 PM

Nobody cares that you don’t get it. In fact, if I may speak for the group again, we had no expectation that you would get it, nor is it important to us that you or do not ‘get it’.

BobMbx on April 12, 2012 at 4:48 PM

I heard the tape, I don’t need anyone to tell me what this woman meant. How come liberals get to say what they mean and then when it hits the fan they get accepted for what they really meant that doesn’t sound anything like what they really said while conservatives say something clearly and they have their words twisted and edited and no one accepts that the real meaning of wht they said is exactly as they said it? And why do we have to accept it this way? Huh?

This woman is a bitter, lesbian who obviously does not like that Ann Romney has lead a successful, traditional and, yes, normal life.

This woman has made her life as an advocate for people who use their genitals in a manner other than the biological purpose.

peacenprosperity on April 12, 2012 at 4:48 PM

I feel sad when humor falls flat everybody feels a little uneasy.

Dr. Tesla on April 12, 2012 at 4:44 PM

Have you thought about getting a dog? It might take some of the sting away.

a capella on April 12, 2012 at 4:49 PM

DBag on April 12, 2012 at 4:13 PM

Dbag, her PR firm (ironically, this gaffe-inclined dunce works in PR :) was elected to polish and sell the Dems image relative to women…she’s an associate in the firm, together with that other talking head, Annita Dunn..so, stop obfuscating the matter, and also stop the spinning, it’s made you dizzy and confused already…

jimver on April 12, 2012 at 4:50 PM

What did I leave out? anything?

SurferDoc on April 12, 2012 at 4:33 PM

Pretty much nailed it…!

… +7%!

Seven Percent Solution on April 12, 2012 at 4:51 PM

Dogsoldier, after I heard these comments and found out who they came from, I thought that Obama and Co. were hatching a plan to expose Conservative bigotry against gays. They failed.

Yes, America, Obama does think you are that stupid and hateful. What a disgrace the White House is.

Philly on April 12, 2012 at 4:51 PM

Rosen even has the “Concerned Liberal Head Tilt” in her photo, so you know she is a good concerned liberal.

Bishop on April 12, 2012 at 4:51 PM

The “she’s a nobody card” was rejected so we move to the “Lesbian Card”.

Damn shame she’s soooo white, they could go for a two point conversion.

SurferDoc on April 12, 2012 at 4:52 PM

from any dem campaign

Goalpost moving. The DNC is not a campaign, per se.

DrSteve on April 12, 2012 at 4:52 PM

She’d never have dissed Mamie Eisenhower this way. Mamie would have curb stomped her.

katy the mean old lady on April 12, 2012 at 4:52 PM

WH vistors log.

katy the mean old lady on April 12, 2012 at 4:47 PM

i appreciate your support, but may i point out that the visitors’ log does not prove anything? you should’ve learned it the last time people got ejaculatio precox when they found ayers’s and jerry wright’s name in the logs.

sesquipedalian on April 12, 2012 at 4:52 PM

Have you thought about getting a dog? It might take some of the sting away.

a capella on April 12, 2012 at 4:49 PM

How do you know I don’t have a dog?

B/c I don’t do insert dog breed says “jokes” on here? :)

If you are going to try to be funny, I think you have an obligation to do better than that. Some people don’t know what their limitations are. Not everybody can be funny.

Dr. Tesla on April 12, 2012 at 4:53 PM

Dr. Tesla on April 12, 2012 at 4:39 PM

John Gacy had an ability like yours. Just sayin’.

Bishop on April 12, 2012 at 4:55 PM

The “she’s a nobody card” was rejected so we move to the “Lesbian Card”.

Damn shame she’s soooo white, they could go for a two point conversion.

SurferDoc on April 12, 2012 at 4:52 PM

Heh.

Tim_CA on April 12, 2012 at 4:55 PM

sesquipedalian on April 12, 2012 at 4:52 PM

The most ransparent would never screue with the visitors log.

katy the mean old lady on April 12, 2012 at 4:57 PM

John Gacy had an ability like yours. Just sayin’.

Bishop on April 12, 2012 at 4:55 PM

I don’t know who John Gacy is but then again I don’t watch Bill O’Reilly who works that beat, if I’m guessing right about what John Gacy is.

Dr. Tesla on April 12, 2012 at 4:58 PM

How do you know I don’t have a dog?

Dr. Tesla on April 12, 2012 at 4:53 PM

lol….Inflatable, anatomically correct dogs don’t count Doc.

Tim_CA on April 12, 2012 at 4:58 PM

Not everybody can be funny.

Dr. Tesla on April 12, 2012 at 4:53 PM

My collie says:

Pure genius, CC.

It’s hysterical, Collie.

CyberCipher on April 12, 2012 at 4:59 PM

sesquipedalian

Predictable leftard predictably moves the goalpost when losing the argument.

CurtZHP on April 12, 2012 at 4:59 PM

“Let’s declare peace in this phony war and go back to focus on the substance.

Barack ObaMao: “Whoa now, little lady. Let’s not get carried away here…”

cicerone on April 12, 2012 at 5:01 PM

lol….Inflatable, anatomically correct dogs don’t count Doc.

Tim_CA on April 12, 2012 at 4:58 PM

C’mon man did you really have to go there?

By the way, dogs, like little kids, love me. I don’t apologize for that. I have a gift.

Dr. Tesla on April 12, 2012 at 5:02 PM

She’s not employed by CNN, so she can work on any campaign she wants to.

Del Dolemonte on April 12, 2012 at 3:20 PM

hmm.

CNN spokesperson emails: Hilary Rosen, like all CNN contributors, is not a paid advisor to any political party or presidential campaign.

winning.

sesquipedalian on April 12, 2012 at 4:00 PM

LOL! First of all, you’re expecting me to believe a CNN spokesperson; pardon my skepticism.

CNN has Lied so many times in the past-including on the air- with a straight face that they can’t be trusted.

Rosen has been paid by the DNC at least $120,000 since 2011. The RNC has the proof.

Keep Shoveling.

Del Dolemonte on April 12, 2012 at 5:03 PM

A Mother staying home to raise a child is a regressive notion. Child raising should be the job of the comune-ity with the a central apparatus tasked with deciding proper norms. Nuclear Family – psshht. You right wingers …

/sarry

BoxHead1 on April 12, 2012 at 5:05 PM

Can we get back to the nastiness? Please?

SurferDoc on April 12, 2012 at 5:06 PM

if your iq was on the healthy side of 100

sesquipedalian on April 12, 2012 at 4:25 PM

Leftists always let you know when they’re Losing the Debate. They simply insult your intelligence, because they can’t credibly respond to your Facts.

F-

Del Dolemonte on April 12, 2012 at 5:07 PM

Can we get back to the nastiness? Please?

SurferDoc on April 12, 2012 at 5:06 PM

War on Motherhood. I think that is where we were at. Collie?

My collie says:

Someone should ask MarKOS how he likes the “back-peddling” NOW?

CyberCipher on April 12, 2012 at 5:08 PM

Wow. I had to leave this morning for a funeral a few hours away and just got back. This story just keeps growing and growing, doesn’t it?

Rosen was playing with flint around the War on (Straw) Women meme and *Poof!* it just went up in flames.

Fallon on April 12, 2012 at 5:09 PM

Damn shame she’s soooo white, they could go for a two point conversion.

SurferDoc on April 12, 2012 at 4:52 PM

not so fast, her children with her white lesbian partner are both black…5,4,3…secs till they try the race card…

jimver on April 12, 2012 at 5:10 PM

Dr. Tesla on April 12, 2012 at 4:58 PM
Stop bringing gay issues into this.

Rusty Allen on April 12, 2012 at 5:13 PM

Too bad Greta did not follow Rush’s advice and do some research of Ann Romney.

Greta missed the point entirely. But then, this entire election cycle has been a disaster for her.

Freddy on April 12, 2012 at 5:13 PM

The three people that watch Greta should boycott.

Rusty Allen on April 12, 2012 at 5:16 PM

What does this mean? The PR firm hired lots of stay-at-home mothers? That doesn’t make any sense.

cptacek on April 12, 2012 at 5:18 PM

ANN ROMNEY 2012!

Swerve22 on April 12, 2012 at 5:18 PM

Oh, good grief. This is starting to sound like the libs after Limbaugh’s “poorly chosen words”. Quit whining, quit making Rosen a star. It’s not going to help Romney in the least.

ddrintn on April 12, 2012 at 5:18 PM

Her non-apology apology stinks.

The rest of it doesnt even make sense – she’s a partner in a firm that also has stay at home mothers as partners? WTH?

LASue on April 12, 2012 at 5:21 PM

Her non-apology apology stinks.

LASue on April 12, 2012 at 5:21 PM

Which is also what they said about Limbaugh as his audience was growing by leaps and bounds. So a mean old lefty hack called Ann Romney rich and out of touch. Waaaaaah.

ddrintn on April 12, 2012 at 5:23 PM

The RNC has the proof.

Del Dolemonte on April 12, 2012 at 5:03 PM

can i see it?

sesquipedalian on April 12, 2012 at 5:27 PM

katy the mean old lady on April 12, 2012 at 4:42 PM

Yep.

Philly on April 12, 2012 at 4:51 PM

They are in deep over this issue, so one must expect them to get very mean and nasty.

F-

Del Dolemonte on April 12, 2012 at 5:07 PM

dogsoldier on April 12, 2012 at 5:28 PM

Del, I meant to add, I agree.

dogsoldier on April 12, 2012 at 5:29 PM

Some lib lady just got destroyed on Hannity trying to stick up for this Hilary charactor.

Swerve22 on April 12, 2012 at 5:30 PM

I think the next challenge is to see how long we can keep them defending this idiot? I’m sure we can wring at least one more day out of it.

SurferDoc on April 12, 2012 at 5:31 PM

And yeah – it does illustrate the desperation in the Willard campaign.

HondaV65 on April 12, 2012 at 4:07 PM

Wrong again crow breath. Listen, unless you were living in a cave in 2010- maybe ?- you witnessed the end of the “beyond reproach” liberal propaganda BS machine. Thank You Sarah P.

You lying liberal Americans will be called out for this BS, where in the past you got away with lying to the media dependent public.

As RR said- “Let us be shy no more” – and we won’t. And were coming for the liar in the WH. Get ready to fall on some swords libbies.

BTW- Isn’t awesome Zimmerman is an Obummer dem ?

FlaMurph on April 12, 2012 at 5:31 PM

So a mean old lefty hack called Ann Romney rich and out of touch. Waaaaaah.

ddrintn on April 12, 2012 at 5:23 PM

Time for you to grow up.

cicerone on April 12, 2012 at 5:35 PM

BTW- Isn’t awesome Zimmerman is an Obummer dem ?

FlaMurph on April 12, 2012 at 5:31 PM

NEVER let them forget this. This time around, the media circus will be glorious.

My collie says:

The MSM will do themselves in, and they just can’t help themselves, can they?

CyberCipher on April 12, 2012 at 5:36 PM

can i see it?

sesquipedalian on April 12, 2012 at 5:27 PM

Have you considered looking for yourself? Just to be informed?

The Wall Street Journal, 2/16/12)

Hilary Rosen Was “Enlisted” By The Obama Campaign To Advise DNC Chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz. “Obama advisers have occasionally told her to ‘tone it down’ and ‘back off a smidgen,’ Ms. Wasserman Schultz says. She agreed with them to enlist two seasoned Democratic female pros, Anita Dunn and Hilary Rosen, to begin giving her occasional political advice and media training, advisers say.” (Monica Langley, “Combative Top Democrat Gains Clout In Campaign,” The Wall Street Journal, 2/16/12)

FTA:

“Obama advisers have occasionally told her to ‘tone it down’ and ‘back off a smidgen,’ Ms. Wasserman Schultz says. She agreed with them to enlist two seasoned Democratic female pros, Anita Dunn and Hilary Rosen, to begin giving her occasional political advice and media training, advisers say. ‘I’m glad to get constructive criticism,’ Ms. Wasserman Schultz says…”

You do believe Debbie, don’t you?

dogsoldier on April 12, 2012 at 5:36 PM

DBag on April 12, 2012 at 4:13 PM

Slaughtering innocent life is never about “reproduction -it’s about legalized murder created by Godless lawyers in robes who reached for fantasy-land with their silly emanations from penumbras game. I wonder what the left will label the product of their death panels –recycled post-fetal material?

Will that someday come full cycle for you abortion enthusiasts?

Don L on April 12, 2012 at 5:36 PM

ddrintn on April 12, 2012 at 5:18 PM

Bitter and clueless…

cicerone on April 12, 2012 at 5:37 PM

Del Dolemonte on April 12, 2012 at 5:07 PM

i’m not sure how random capitalization is better than no capitalization at all, but you get a point for creativity, however manic.

in any case, pops, if you had not cut my quote off after the insult, a credible response would have followed.

sesquipedalian on April 12, 2012 at 5:37 PM

Except this Hilary Rosen did visit 35 times.

angryed on April 12, 2012 at 4:41 PM

prove it.

sesquipedalian on April 12, 2012 at 4:42 PM

White House Visitor Logs:

I waded thru the list and counted her name on the Visitor Log 28 times. I’m sure I missed a few.

G-

Del Dolemonte on April 12, 2012 at 5:38 PM

Del Dolemonte on April 12, 2012 at 5:38 PM

Nice find.

dogsoldier on April 12, 2012 at 5:40 PM

a capella on April 12, 2012 at 4:35 PM

I was just reminded of her too.

LASue on April 12, 2012 at 5:40 PM

sesquipedalian on April 12, 2012 at 5:37 PM

Translated: “I’m getting Pwned on this thread!”

Del Dolemonte on April 12, 2012 at 5:40 PM

ddrintn on April 12, 2012 at 5:18 PM

Bitter and clueless…

cicerone on April 12, 2012 at 5:37 PM

Clueless how, genius?

ddrintn on April 12, 2012 at 5:42 PM

You do believe Debbie, don’t you?

dogsoldier on April 12, 2012 at 5:36 PM

never believe a politician. that said, “occasional advice” is hardly a reason to call on the obama campaign to apologize or even react.

why you’d embarrass yourselves with this incessant, epicene whining over something a non-entity said on a cable news program, is beyond me. get over it people, its campaign season, the whole manufactured outrage is silly and people are laughing at you.

sesquipedalian on April 12, 2012 at 5:44 PM

HondaV65 on April 12, 2012 at 4:00 PM

Late stage anti-Romney paranoia causes self-styled “conservatives” to defend a clueless Lefty talking points drone like Rosen simply in order to bash the Romneys. So sad.

cicerone on April 12, 2012 at 5:45 PM

Translated: “I’m getting Pwned on this thread!”

Del Dolemonte on April 12, 2012 at 5:40 PM

you clicked on the wrong language, pops. ask the librarian to help.

sesquipedalian on April 12, 2012 at 5:45 PM

Clueless how, genius?

ddrintn on April 12, 2012 at 5:42 PM

You really don’t think that this is helping Romney at all? Just a little? Come on…

cicerone on April 12, 2012 at 5:46 PM

you clicked on the wrong language, pops. ask the librarian to help.

sesquipedalian on April 12, 2012 at 5:45 PM

No, he’s right. You’re losing, big time.

cicerone on April 12, 2012 at 5:47 PM

to defend a clueless Lefty talking points drone

cicerone on April 12, 2012 at 5:45 PM

So NOW the ‘bots are against parroting lefty talking points drones…hmmmm…hard to keep up.

ddrintn on April 12, 2012 at 5:47 PM

cicerone on April 12, 2012 at 5:45 PM

I guess when you’ve already admitted your’e going to vote Obama, it’s not too hard of a step to start embracing lib talking points from there.

Hard to be a Trueconservative(TM) these days.

Swerve22 on April 12, 2012 at 5:47 PM

Clueless how, genius?

ddrintn on April 12, 2012 at 5:42 PM

cicerone on April 12, 2012 at 5:46 PM

Uh, no I don’t. Have any evidence otherwise?

ddrintn on April 12, 2012 at 5:48 PM

G-

Del Dolemonte on April 12, 2012 at 5:38 PM

no malcolm x? fail.

sesquipedalian on April 12, 2012 at 5:48 PM

Too Late!!!!!……Dems are anti MOM…..let them eat it till election!

lilium479 on April 12, 2012 at 5:49 PM

Ahh, Sweet Chaos. Off to the Post Office. I’ll be back to check blood pressure in 30 mins.

SurferDoc on April 12, 2012 at 5:49 PM

sesquipedalian on April 12, 2012 at 5:44 PM

Laughing…in order to avoid sobbing. But I can sympathize with your discomfort. This has been a bad day for clownish Left-wing hypocrites like yourself. It’s not easy having to try and clean up this mess. And the best part is that we know that Hilary Rosen is just one of many idiots on the Left who can’t hide what they really think.

cicerone on April 12, 2012 at 5:51 PM

Greta you are wrong. Like Trayvon this was orchestrated by the WH to take out Romney. Rosen read exactly what she was supposed to say.
The phony apology was after the backlash. No Backlash…no apology.

lilium479 on April 12, 2012 at 5:53 PM

Uh, no I don’t. Have any evidence otherwise?

ddrintn on April 12, 2012 at 5:48 PM

So you really are that clueless. All the pundits on here and other websites and the news and on radio are getting it wrong and you’re the only one (other than the lying Left) who sees it clearly? Talk about doubling down on teh stupid. You’ve got DWS and Hilary Rosen level talent for getting it all wrong. And why doesn’t it concern you that you’re on the same side as a troll like sesquipedalian? Unless you’re a troll just like that one…

cicerone on April 12, 2012 at 5:56 PM

So why did Axelrod and Messina respond at all?

You’re hilarious, by the way. And you’re losing this argument.

DrSteve on April 12, 2012 at 5:58 PM

I think the best talking point Republicans have overlooked is that Michelle Obama’s high salary job at the hospital went away after she quit, which kind of underscores the image of her being a freeloader.

Dr. Tesla on April 12, 2012 at 6:00 PM

sesquipedalian on April 12, 2012 at 5:44 PM

Ah, the new spin emerges. Several other libs have tried this “non entity crap. You’ve been pwnd. The fact that Team Zero handpicked her to guide DWS and give her media training elevates her way above a non-entity. Poor attempt.

And the outrage is real. She spewed the utter contempt liberals have for Mothers who stay at home, portraying them at both stupid and ignorant.

H- On the Del Dolemonte Scale, IMHO

dogsoldier on April 12, 2012 at 6:01 PM

How do you know I don’t have a dog?

Dr. Tesla on April 12, 2012 at 4:53 PM

Because any dog you would have had would have long ago thrown itself under as many of the 18 wheels of a semi as possible, Tes. Even dogs can’t stand pompous asses for masters.

Resist We Much on April 12, 2012 at 6:07 PM