Greta van Susteren defends “my friend” Hilary Rosen Update: Rosen apologizes

posted at 2:16 pm on April 12, 2012 by Tina Korbe

You’ve already read Ed’s take, my take and Erika’s take on different aspects of Hilary Rosen’s remarks (haven’t you? Please make my day and tell me you have!) — but Greta offers yet another perspective that I think is worth sharing because it enables us to take this discussion in a direction other than a defense of stay-at-home motherhood. In a post that Greta herself admits was hastily composed, the Fox News host defends her “friend” Hilary Rosen with this:

In making her remark about Mrs. Romney and her choice to raise a family and not work outside the home,  I know Hilary knows raising children is hard work, really hard work…the absolute hardest work.  Hilary has children.  That is the best way to know the challenge of raising children – have them!   Hilary is not anti-stay-at-home mom.

I did not read Hilary’s comments to in anyway take away from hard chore of raising children or staying at home and raising them and not working outside the family.  I read it to mean that raising children without financial pressure is easier than having financial pressure. This is not to take away from Mrs. Romney – she has done a spectacular job raising 5 great sons – but to face the reality that financial pressure does make it harder to raise a family.  This is also not to say that the Romney family success is anything to be ashamed of…the family should be very proud of its success.  I admire success, don’t you?

Greta’s remarks invite nothing so much as they invite a critique of all the strategizing, consulting and soundbite construction that characterizes political communications these days. Here’s why: If Rosen meant to say that parenthood is made more difficult by financial pressure, then why didn’t she say that?

Either (a) she meant to say what she said or (b) she didn’t mean to say what she said but said it anyway. Why would she say it anyway? Maybe because she was on a TV program spouting opinions about a subject she really hasn’t thought all that deeply about because she just flat-out hasn’t had time to think deeply about it.

The irony of 24/7 communications — especially communications that are mediated by the, er, media — is that we’re often left wondering what the people with whom we’re communicating really meant to say and added layers of “walking back” or “doubling down” don’t usually help us to decipher the truth. If the evening news had any edge over 24/7 news and if print media had any edge over electronic media, it’s that nobody could use the excuse, “That’s not what I meant to say.” Nobody would plausibly believe that somebody spent all day working on saying something but then didn’t mean to say it.

Update: Rosen has issued this statement:

“As a mom I know that raising children is the hardest job there is,” Rosen said. “As a pundit, I know my words on CNN last night were poorly chosen.

“In response to Mitt Romney on the campaign trail referring to his wife as a better person to answer questions about women than he is, I was discussing his poor record on the plight of women’s financial struggles. As a partner in a firm full of women who work outside of the home as well as stay-at-home mothers, all with plenty of children, gender equality is not a talking point for me. It is an issue I live every day.”

This only serves to underscore what I wrote above. Rosen still hasn’t taken responsibility for the ideas she expressed. She’s just saying she didn’t mean to offend and she chose her words poorly.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5

When you have to explain what you “really” meant and your so called friends have to come to your defense with a bunch of “this is not to say this and this is not to say that”, that’s all you need to know. You said what you meant and you got caught, sucks to be you.

clearbluesky on April 12, 2012 at 3:24 PM

let’s declare peace in this phoney war and go back to the real phoney war

carson53 on April 12, 2012 at 3:25 PM

We can disagree, and I know she’s a (moderate) liberal, but I still think Greta’s one of the very best interviewers and most professional news people in media today.

petefrt on April 12, 2012 at 3:26 PM

blockquote>“I apologize to Ann Romney and anyone else who was offended,” Rosen said in a statement. “Let’s declare peace in this phony war and go back to focus on the substance.

Ms. Rosen,

SHAME on you for your non-apology. I am NOT an opperative for the GOP; I am however, a Stay At Home Mom (when my children were young). I assure you it was the toughest job I ever had. You think you know more than I do about the economy? Try walking in my shoes, then we will talk.

TN Mom on April 12, 2012 at 3:26 PM

“Why does the left hate WELFARE mothers ?? ”
They don’t work, either.
They have NO idea about how bad things are, either, right ??
Etc etc etc.

H/T to a caller to Rush.

pambi on April 12, 2012 at 3:28 PM

Wow! Greta twisted herself into a pretzel on that one. Must be a pretty good friend…makes one wonder…

ccrosby on April 12, 2012 at 3:29 PM

”When you have one child with Down syndrome and another with an unwanted pregnancy who won’t even consider the ease and convenience of abortion, you need to be a better mother, not Vice President.”

-NOW President Kim Gandy

So Ms. Gandy: you think murdering a child is easy and convenient? What part of “Thou shalt not kill” don’t you understand? Or is murder OK with NOW and all other liberal agencies? I guess so….

chai on April 12, 2012 at 3:29 PM

DickCheneyCommittedWarCrimes on April 12, 2012 at 2:43 PM
The troll names are getting hillarious. I’m waiting for

IWantToGiveBarrackABlowJob to join HA after the next open registration.

angryed on April 12, 2012 at 2:50 PM

…see how they keep popping up!
Like your comment/name.

KOOLAID2 on April 12, 2012 at 3:31 PM

F-

Del Dolemonte on April 12, 2012 at 3:20 PM

He has to be getting discouraged. No improvement whatsoever.

a capella on April 12, 2012 at 3:31 PM

sesquipedalian

Just tell us when the Left is going to end it’s War on Moms?

And you’re right, there are probably hundreds of women with the name and spelling “Hilary Rosen” who visit the White House. /

mankai on April 12, 2012 at 3:31 PM

Aw, you “conservative bigots”, you.

Schadenfreude on April 12, 2012 at 3:32 PM

Oh no! The Democratic Party is now using hate-filled lesbians to attack motherhood and traditional family life. Is there no depth to which the Democratic Party will not descend?

Democrats and Leftists: Please STOP your War On Motherhood and Family Life.

Allendundit on April 12, 2012 at 3:32 PM

ccrosby on April 12, 2012 at 3:29 PM

Now, now….

a capella on April 12, 2012 at 3:33 PM

I suppose this has been said here today, somewhere, but it must be repeated: Greta is wrong, wrong, wrong. And the reason she is wrong is because Rosen wasn’t drawing a distinction between mothers who work inside and outside of the home, she was saying that women who do NOT work outside of the home DO NOT HAVE THE INTELLECT or the RIGHT to participate in a conversation about women in American society, or about much of anything else. Her remarks were designed to BELITTLE such women as empty, stupid, uninformed blobs of uterus attached to the men in their lives who do all of their thinking for them. Such women, in her view, should keep their ignorant mouths shut because they have nothing of merit to say. Rosen’s remarks are stunningly misogynistic, and should be offensive to everyone with women in their lives whom they respect, admire, look to for guidance, and share a life with.

Rational Thought on April 12, 2012 at 3:35 PM

Greta is overrated.
As a supposedly experienced attorney she should be able to frame a clear and concise question. But she can’t.
While less important, she has a horrible sense of humor.
Now we know what kind of friends she has.

GaltBlvnAtty on April 12, 2012 at 3:35 PM

UPdate of UPDATE : That’s not an apology, thank you very much, Tina.

Fuquay Steve on April 12, 2012 at 3:38 PM

…Rosen wasn’t drawing a distinction between mothers who work inside and outside of the home, she was saying that women who do NOT work outside of the home DO NOT HAVE THE INTELLECT or the RIGHT to participate in a conversation about women in American society, or about much of anything else. Her remarks were designed to BELITTLE such women as empty, stupid, uninformed blobs of uterus attached to the men in their lives who do all of their thinking for them…

Rational Thought on April 12, 2012 at 3:35 PM

Good call.

CycloneCDB on April 12, 2012 at 3:39 PM

And helpfully , TK’s headline implies that the “apology” is legitimate.
It should be in quotes.

Dr. Carlo Lombardi on April 12, 2012 at 3:40 PM

…they even made ann get off her favorite austrian warmblood to play the victim for the cameras.

sesquipedalian on April 12, 2012 at 2:52 PM

Beyond crass…and beyond dispicable. Your last shred of decency was lost on keeping your two brain cells functioning…I see it didnt work…

lovingmyUSA on April 12, 2012 at 3:40 PM

ccrosby on April 12, 2012 at 3:29 PM

I think I read once they vacationed on an island together somewhere.

CycloneCDB on April 12, 2012 at 3:41 PM

sesquipedalian on April 12, 2012 at 2:58 PM

Why do you liberals hate mothers?

lovingmyUSA on April 12, 2012 at 3:42 PM

not to get technical, but i think being on the front lines getting shot at and having IED’s explode around you is a bit harder and stressful than raising kids.

i am not diminishing the importance of stay at home moms, i just hate this idea that just being “something” is somehow sacrosanct. like when you hear that all teachers should be paid a million dollars! being a mom (or more specifically a parent) is not in and of itself the hardest and best job in the world. there are many terrible parents (mostly libs, i think) who do not deserve that credit. it is not hard to be a bad parent.

it’s funny how libs want to create class warfare out of everything. so, in their mind you got moms, then you got “working moms”, and these moms really know about financial stuggles that the other moms don’t. they are therefore more insightful and should apparently be listened to more than non-working moms…

jetch on April 12, 2012 at 3:43 PM

She’s just saying she didn’t mean to offend and she chose her words poorly.

aw. blame the messaging….again.

wash rinse spit repeat.

ted c on April 12, 2012 at 3:43 PM

Rosen’s non-apology is the Democrat equivalent of groveling. If a Republican had issued that statement, it would be further proof of their arrogance.

2ndMAW68 on April 12, 2012 at 3:43 PM

“If my dog Bo had a sister, she’d look like Rosen” — Obama

Schadenfreude on April 12, 2012 at 3:20 PM

FIFY

trapeze on April 12, 2012 at 3:43 PM

“Everywhere I go, no matter what, the women in the audience, their first question for me is, ‘How on earth are you managing it, how are you keeping it all together?’

“It’s a constant sense of guilt. It’s guilt, feeling guilty all the time.

I’m fine, because I have a strong informal support network. I have a mother who lives five minutes from me. I don’t know what I would do, even if we weren’t running, I don’t know what I would do as a professional without having that kind of support system. So that keeps me sane.

“I know we’re spending — I added it up for the first time — we spend between the two kids, on extra-curriculars outside the classroom, we’re spending about $10,000 a year on piano and dance and sports supplements and so on and so forth. And summer programs. That’s the other huge cost. Barack is saying, ‘Whyyyyyy are we spending that?’ And I’m saying, ‘Do you know what summer camp costs?’

“We don’t complain because we’ve got resources because of our education. We’ve got family structure. So I tell people don’t cry for me.

The salaries don’t keep up with the cost of paying off the debt, so you’re in your 40s, still paying off your debt at a time when you have to save for your kids.

“Barack and I were in that position. The only reason we’re not in that position is that Barack wrote two best-selling books… It was like Jack and his magic beans. But up until a few years ago, we were struggling to figure out how we would save for our kids. We left corporate America, which is a lot of what we’re asking young people to do. Don’t go into corporate America. You know, become teachers. Work for the community. Be social workers. Be a nurse. Those are the careers that we need, and we’re encouraging our young people to do that. But if you make that choice, as we did, to move out of the money-making industry into the helping industry, then your salaries respond.

So I tell people don’t cry for me.”

- Michelle Obama, Zanesville, Ohio, February 2008

Don’t Cry For Us, America!

Resist We Much on April 12, 2012 at 3:43 PM

fact is, she’s not an important operative since she’s on cnn so she can’t work for campaigns.

sesquipedalian on April 12, 2012 at 3:15 PM

Yeah that’s why she visited the WH only 35 times. She’s a nobody.

Stop digging.

angryed on April 12, 2012 at 3:44 PM

Well, duh… Can you think of anything that isn’t easier in life without having financial pressure? Stupid remark that doesn’t justify defense of Rosen’s comments.

jack herman on April 12, 2012 at 3:44 PM

You can always tell how an issue is playing by reading the troll comments. The trolls today are in complete disarray which means the libs are taking it on the chin, big time.

angryed on April 12, 2012 at 3:46 PM

Apology not accepted, Ms. Rosen.

Punchenko on April 12, 2012 at 3:46 PM

“Gee, I’m sorry you were so stupid as to be offended by the perfectly accurate things I said.”

hachiban on April 12, 2012 at 3:46 PM

sesquipedalian on April 12, 2012 at 2:52 PM

lovingmyUSA on April 12, 2012 at 3:40 PM

It’s a leftist.
Expect no less.

Dr. Carlo Lombardi on April 12, 2012 at 3:46 PM

Apology not acceptable.

22044 on April 12, 2012 at 3:48 PM

angryed on April 12, 2012 at 3:46 PM

I agree. Their War on Mom is not playing well. The non apology really means the blowback on this is so severe they can’t stand it. The apology is not sincerely contrite.

dogsoldier on April 12, 2012 at 3:49 PM

A woman only another women could love – or can.

jake-the-goose on April 12, 2012 at 3:51 PM

How come liberals don’t call out their voters who haven’t worked a day outside the home in their lives?

jayhawkingeorgia on April 12, 2012 at 3:51 PM

I understand the war strategy – divide and conquer. I understand that us women are easy targets. Sorry ladies, but we have been known to turn on each other quickly in the past. I am not sure who they are actually trying to divide. Working mothers vs. stay at home moms? Wealthy moms vs. the middle or lower class? Both? Throw up a lob and see where is lands? Either way, us conservative women must not fall for their play.

January on April 12, 2012 at 3:52 PM

Sounds like a faux apology to me…not buying it. The Democrat’s War on Moms continues.

changer1701 on April 12, 2012 at 3:52 PM

Apology not accepted, Ms. Rosen.

Punchenko on April 12, 2012 at 3:46 PM

Yes, we should thank Ms Fluke for teaching us the art of how not to accept an apology. :-)

Resist We Much on April 12, 2012 at 3:54 PM

mankai on April 12, 2012 at 3:31 PM

Hillary Rosen is the new Sandra Fluke John Smith.

Gladtobehere on April 12, 2012 at 3:54 PM

Bet Ann accepts the apology with kindness, and moves on.

J.E. Dyer on April 12, 2012 at 3:54 PM

greta van susteren is a commie democrat MOLE!

Mr. Sun on April 12, 2012 at 3:55 PM

The apology translates as:
I didn’t mean to insult you, SAHMs. I was talking about the
rch btch’s husband.

I guess that’s supposed to make everything all better.

Confutus on April 12, 2012 at 3:55 PM

jayhawkingeorgia on April 12, 2012 at 3:51 PM

More accurate this way.

Gladtobehere on April 12, 2012 at 3:56 PM

apparently it’s not just trolls who hate being ignored.

sesquipedalian on October 20, 2011 at 1:56 PM

Del Dolemonte on April 12, 2012 at 3:24 PM

from october? that one must have stung.

sesquipedalian on April 12, 2012 at 3:58 PM

angryed on April 12, 2012 at 3:46 PM

dogsoldier on April 12, 2012 at 3:49 PM

Indeed. The democrat party’s position, now, is if you are a woman and you have not struggled financially while both working outside of the home and raising children, you are a brainless idiot who needs to shut up. So that means, Hillary Clinton? You are a brainless idiot who needs to shut up. You don’t know jack about raising a family and struggling. You never had to worry about putting food on the table. Moochelle Obama? You are a brainless idiot who needs to shut up. You don’t have a job now, and when you did you were hardly struggling, so you don’t know jack either. Shut up. And Sandra Fluke? You are a brainless idiot who needs to shut up. You’re managing to pay $50,000/year in tuition and take European vacations with your boyfriend — all while having NO JOB. You don’t know jack about women who struggle to feed their children. So shut up.

Rational Thought on April 12, 2012 at 3:58 PM

what this woman said about Ann is wrong. that being said, who is this woman and why is she important?

DBear on April 12, 2012 at 3:59 PM

Tina, do you think that most “stay at home moms” in this nation identify closely with Ann Romney?

LOL – I don’t.

Fact is – Ann Romney has always been married to a very rich man, a man who was born wealthy and inherited wealth.

This is not your “normal” profile on a “stay at home mom”. Ann Romney doesn’t work – because she doesn’t have to. Hell, Willard himself doesn’t work anymore and hasn’t since he left the Governor’s mansion in 2006.

Add to that the fact that Ann Romney runs in church social circle that is out of the mainstream with most Americans and most “stay at home moms”.

HondaV65 on April 12, 2012 at 4:00 PM

She’s not employed by CNN, so she can work on any campaign she wants to.

Del Dolemonte on April 12, 2012 at 3:20 PM

hmm.

CNN spokesperson emails: Hilary Rosen, like all CNN contributors, is not a paid advisor to any political party or presidential campaign.

winning.

sesquipedalian on April 12, 2012 at 4:00 PM

Bet Ann accepts the apology with kindness, and moves on.

J.E. Dyer on April 12, 2012 at 3:54 PM

As she should, smiling sweetly. While everyone else, including the Obama campaign, continues to hammer Rosen into dust, as everyone should. You have to wonder if Rosen herself wasn’t hammered when she twittered her original attack, so effectively blunted by Ann, yesterday.

de rigueur on April 12, 2012 at 4:01 PM

DBear on April 12, 2012 at 3:59 PM

She’s not important. She seems pretty nice though – if you watch the original youtube of her remarks (and most people commenting here haven’t).

She’s important only because the Willard McDole Kiddies are upset that Willard can’t make inroads into the female vote – so they concocted this non-sense “drama” over Rosen’s remarks – which were partisan perhaps – but certainly not an attack on housewives in general.

HondaV65 on April 12, 2012 at 4:02 PM

Yeah that’s why she visited the WH only 35 times. She’s a nobody.

Stop digging.

angryed on April 12, 2012 at 3:44 PM

incontrovertible proof that she’s the devil!

alas.

sesquipedalian on April 12, 2012 at 4:02 PM

lovingmyUSA on April 12, 2012 at 3:40 PM
It’s a leftist.
Expect no less.

Dr. Carlo Lombardi on April 12, 2012 at 3:46 PM

Slow down guys. Sequi is talking about a horse. Warmbloods a usually jumpers. Mrs. Romney rides. Hence off. Sesqi is an idiot, but you are thinking something else.

katy the mean old lady on April 12, 2012 at 4:03 PM

Stay at home moms aren’t cool because they have no employer-supplied birth control.

Akzed on April 12, 2012 at 4:03 PM

de rigueur on April 12, 2012 at 4:01 PM

You’re delusional if you think the Obama administration is going to “hammer” this gal. LOL … she’s done pretty good for herself throughout all this.

Remember – Rush Limbaugh apologized too. But he didn’t LOSE the war he started – he actually WON it. The same thing applies to Rosen – she got her point across. You may not like it – but she got it out there.

HondaV65 on April 12, 2012 at 4:04 PM

Yeah that’s why she visited the WH only 35 times. She’s a nobody.

Stop digging.

angryed on April 12, 2012 at 3:44 PM

incontrovertible proof that she’s the devil!

alas.

sesquipedalian on April 12, 2012 at 4:02 PM

And I said she was the devil when?
I said she is important. She is. You said she isn’t. You’re wrong.

Again, stop digging.

angryed on April 12, 2012 at 4:07 PM

the romney camp must be pretty desperate to reverse their terrible poll numbers to make rosen history’s greatest monster for the day. they even made ann get off her favorite austrian warmblood to play the victim for the cameras.

sesquipedalian on April 12, 2012 at 2:52 PM

I love this comment! +1000 !!!

The “attack” as it were, was on a woman of priviledge. Now, I don’t particularly LIKE that kind of attack – but it is different than trying to “drama up” some generalized attack against ALL stay at home moms.

And yeah – it does illustrate the desperation in the Willard campaign.

HondaV65 on April 12, 2012 at 4:07 PM

HondaV65 on April 12, 2012 at 4:00 PM

……..because she has been on the campaign trail for a year and she actually talked and listened to women.

January on April 12, 2012 at 4:07 PM

Last time I heard her mention it Greta said she was a Democrat.
I have weighed everything she’s said and done since against that statement. My opinion of her has been improving of late. She’s back to zero again. Hey, there’s always the Cooking Channel at 10 pm.

vityas on April 12, 2012 at 2:31 PM

HGTV is running new “house hunters” episodes at 10 pm, too.

karenhasfreedom on April 12, 2012 at 2:32 PM

I would suggest Duck Dynasty on A&E

olddog58 on April 12, 2012 at 4:08 PM

CycloneCDB on April 12, 2012 at 3:41 PM

Did they get there by boat, with the help of a little man?

gonnjos on April 12, 2012 at 4:09 PM

“Let’s declare peace in this phony war and go back to focus on the substance.

Oh, one of the bullies who started this “phony war” now wants a truce when the other kids start kicking her ass. They can sure dish it out…

RadClown on April 12, 2012 at 4:10 PM

“I apologize to Ann Romney and anyone else who was offended by this standard operating procedure of the Democrat Party,” Rosen said in a statement. “Let’s declare peace in this phony war that the Democrats started and that new media has been laughing at for weeks and go back to focus on the substance extremely large paycheck that I’ve been getting from the Democrat Party for my hilariously bad advice.

Truth in advertising.

Tim_CA on April 12, 2012 at 4:10 PM

January on April 12, 2012 at 4:07 PM

Oh okay – so she has one year of experience at this huh?

Talking to “normal” women?

LOL

HondaV65 on April 12, 2012 at 4:10 PM

Okay, so far so good.

“Let’s declare peace in this phony war and go back to focus on the substance.

Never mind. You’re still a jerk.

princetrumpet on April 12, 2012 at 4:11 PM

Rosen also said Ann Romney couldn’t relate to the plight of a woman working as a waitress in Nevada, whose child care benefits were about to be cut by the “Romney-Ryan Budget.”

As if Rosen herself could relate in a million years to that situation either. She gets to appropriate that waitress’ life experiences and moral authority though, because the working poor exist primarily for Democrats as a means of animating their rhetoric.

Sickening.

DrSteve on April 12, 2012 at 4:12 PM

DBear on April 12, 2012 at 3:59 PM

LOL. You’re a little late with the Soros talking point. Your co-worker Sesque has been barking at this for a while now.

Funny how she’s a nobody yet visited the WH 35 times.

angryed on April 12, 2012 at 4:12 PM

Hilary Rosen(D) smeared Ann Romney before and after her faux apology. So lets review…

Hilary Rosen was an RIAA attack dog.
Hilary Rosen was a SOPA attack dog.
Hilary Rosen works with Anita Dunn in representing Sandra Fluke.
After 35 WH visits Hilary Rosen attacks Mitt Romney’s wife.

Which is… accidental?

When Obama attacked Catholics’ faith by declaring they would pay for other people’s birth control and abortions dissent was attacked as a “War On Women”. Fluke was a useful idiot in that fight.

When Hilary Rosen attacked Cancer Survivor, MS sufferer, mother of 5 Ann Romney dissent was attacked as a “War on Lesbians”.

Did anyone remember Obama’s ridiculous “defense” of his wife in 2008 falsely claiming the GOP was attacking Michelle. Yet here we are with a real White House originated attack on Mitt’s wife.

This is method. Calculated, vicious, divisive method.

DANEgerus on April 12, 2012 at 4:12 PM

this woman is a random CNN talking head the GOP acts like she is the left’s Limbaugh! shows how desperate they are to appeal to women now that they have waged war on their reproductive rights

DBear on April 12, 2012 at 4:13 PM

HondaV65 on April 12, 2012 at 4:04 PM

Oh, bullsh*t. Everyone today is being reminded that Barack and Moochelle never “struggled” a day in their married lives, that they’ve been handed no-show lucrative jobs their whole lives. Every time Moochelle tries to go out and give an “I feel your pain” speech she’ll be roundly ridiculed. This has also made the Romney family 100% OFF LIMITS for the Obama campaign — a big loss as they were going to go all in on portraying them as rich, out-of-touch, weird, “Mormon-y” folks who don’t understand “the little guy.” Today, Ann Romney is the Patron Saint of American Mothers. Those mothers, by the way, are what we call “women who actually vote.” This is a train wreck for the Obama team. The push-back on them this time around is going to be unparalleled, and they clearly are not prepared for it.

Rational Thought on April 12, 2012 at 4:13 PM

What I learned today from liberals:

- stay at home moms watch TV and do their nails all day
- waitresses in Nevada are starving because of Romney
- a woman who visited the WH 35 times is a nobody

angryed on April 12, 2012 at 4:14 PM

It’s crap. Rosen says let’s declare a truce in this “phony war.” Your people and by that I mean the Obama Campaign ginned up this “phony war” and she’s right, it is phony. There is no “War on Women.” What’s not “phony” is that the Left and Progressives had contempt for Stay at Home mothers. Why? Because in their view, they’re “giving up” their individuality and careers to be homemakers. Liberals have bought into that my entire life. She betrayed how the left really feels. Nothing “phony” about that.

AYNBLAND on April 12, 2012 at 4:14 PM

DBear on April 12, 2012 at 4:13 PM

U-huh. She’s a random CNN talking head that visited the White House 35 times.

angryed on April 12, 2012 at 4:15 PM

winning.

sesquipedalian on April 12, 2012 at 4:00 PM

I posted this earlier:

Hilary it turns out works for DWS:

Controversial Democratic strategist and CNN contributor, Hilary Rosen, was hired by DNC chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz to coach her on media appearances.

According to a Wall Street Journal report in February, Obama advisers told Wasserman Schultz to “tone it down,” suggesting that they hire “two seasoned Democratic female pros, Anita Dunn and Hilary Rosen,” for media training, in preparation for the upcoming campaign. Wasserman Schultz willingly accepted.

DWS should get a refund.

You should really research a little. They did this recently because Debbie was so over the top. Also because she is considered a consultant and not a direct employee, CNN gets to fib about it.

dogsoldier on April 12, 2012 at 4:15 PM

darnit!

the over/under for Rosen’s apology was 48 hours and i had the over.

but i’m not paying..this apology was BS. you can’t say ‘i apologize’ and then say you shouldn’t have been offended by my remarks. that ain’t an apology, so the bet is a push.

DrW on April 12, 2012 at 4:15 PM

Just for grins, let’s imagine that a conservative pundit had said the exact same things about Mrs. Obama. Then when it hit the fan offered the exact same apology. Would the left buy it? Not a chance.

MikeA on April 12, 2012 at 4:16 PM

DBear on April 12, 2012 at 4:13 PM

What is a reproductive right? Other people pay for your birth control in one way or another?

Dr. Tesla on April 12, 2012 at 4:16 PM

First, Rosen is insulting both child-care and work-in-the-home and the people who do this. After all, she can’t be advocating that the children be left alone and uncared for; she can’t be advocating dirty homes, uncooked meals, dirty laundry.

Someone has to do these tasks. Therefore, Rosen is an ELITIST, as are the majority of leftists. Just as in the 18th c, it was ‘beneath’ women-of-quality to cook, to care for their children, to clean the house. These tasks were left to the uneducated, the village girls, the poor.
It’s the same attitude now.

For liberal/left women, it is beneath them to look after their children, cook and clean. Instead, they pay for someone lower on the socioeconomic scale to do these tasks. She is insulting the work and insulting the people who carry out these tasks.

Obama then steps in and declares that it’s a matter of poverty; that is, that it is only the wealthy who can ‘afford’ NOT to work. Now wait a minute. Is he now saying that working is a sign of poverty? I thought that, according to the feminists, it is a sign of freedom and equality-to-men.

The costs of full time childcare, the costs of hiring a cleaning woman, the extra costs of buying prepared and fast-cook foods – plus the costs of working (extra car or travel, clothing) deplete that double income. Therefore, we have a hypocritical president.

Is it the case that women with children only work because of the economy, ie, because they economically cannot afford not to work; or is it the case that women are encouraged to work because it is a sign of their equality with men; or is it the case that only wealthy families permit women to look after their children. Or, is it the case that being a stay-at-home mother is a sign of ignorance, inequality and ‘belonging in the village’?

Notice how, among the left, not one thought is given to the benefits of a secure family, of maternal nurturance, of family stability. Not one thought, not one word.

ETAB on April 12, 2012 at 4:16 PM

AYNBLAND on April 12, 2012 at 4:14 PM

When I read her statement I wondered if she had seen my War on Mom posts today.

dogsoldier on April 12, 2012 at 4:17 PM

But according to our very own in-house trolls, she’s just a random CNN talking head who has no influence over Democrats whatsoever.

angryed on April 12, 2012 at 4:17 PM

And I said she was the devil when?
I said she is important. She is. You said she isn’t. You’re wrong.

Again, stop digging.

angryed on April 12, 2012 at 4:07 PM

she’s important to whom? she’s some person getting paid to spout nonsense on tv shows i don’t watch.

so, pray tell, who does rosen speak for?

sesquipedalian on April 12, 2012 at 4:18 PM

so, pray tell, who does rosen speak for?

sesquipedalian on April 12, 2012 at 4:18 PM

Well for Debbie BlabberMouth Shultz to start…

Are you ever going to stop digging?

angryed on April 12, 2012 at 4:20 PM

DBear on April 12, 2012 at 4:13 PM

She’s a major player in a WH-connected PR firm, and she may have visited the WH 35 times.

Miss Utility says call before you dig next time. It’s the law.

DrSteve on April 12, 2012 at 4:21 PM

I scoff when I hear liberals assert Rush and the RNC worked in alliance. Rush is more about going on offense and Republican politicians in general seem to prefer a more meek approach based on what appears to be if they don’t say anything forcefully, moderates will vote for them, although that never seems to pan out.

Dr. Tesla on April 12, 2012 at 4:21 PM

And yeah – it does illustrate the desperation in the Willard campaign.

HondaV65 on April 12, 2012 at 4:07 PM

So go join the Obama campaign already. You beclown yourself with your “Willard” hatred.

changer1701 on April 12, 2012 at 4:21 PM

so, pray tell, who does rosen speak for?

sesquipedalian on April 12, 2012 at 4:18 PM

No, CNN put her on as a Zero/DNC surrogate to attack Mrs Romney, but she attacked stay at home moms instead.

dogsoldier on April 12, 2012 at 4:23 PM

HondaV65 on April 12, 2012 at 4:07 PM

changer1701 on April 12, 2012 at 4:21 PM

I think I’m only second to Honda in my contempt for Willard. But on this, there is no defending the Dems.

angryed on April 12, 2012 at 4:23 PM

Doughboy on April 12, 2012 at 2:32 PM

I really believe they have a playbook that they have been operating from. First the contraceptives question in the debate, OUT OF THE BLUE.

Then obamacare strips the first amendment away from religious institutions forcing them to pay for contraceptives for their employees.

Then Obama goes out and stirs up crap with his speeches creating this phoney war on women. Gets a HUGE bump in the polls as they balkanize this election.

Then they get arrogant and sloppy, thus they stepped on this land mine this week. Their real colors come through and their real contempt for “breeders” is apparent for all to see.

This is why Rush talked about this all day today. It was a very well rebutted and educational show. I suggest all who do not have Rush 24/7 to just buy it for this month and listen to the entire podcast when you get home from work.

Rush is pointing out just how well this has been orchestrated. Rush is perhaps having his finest show in a decade, today.

karenhasfreedom on April 12, 2012 at 2:37 PM

The war on motherhood is only part of Obama’s and the Democrat’s well orchestrated war on American and Western civilization. They know this stuff is destroying the country, they don’t care. They think they’ll survive and prosper, no matter what happens to you.

Gladtobehere on April 12, 2012 at 4:24 PM

Rosen still hasn’t taken responsibility for the ideas she expressed

Hypocrite, and is what the democrats believe in or she would not have said it publicly, believing those around her agree, which they do.

TX-96 on April 12, 2012 at 4:24 PM

And yeah – it does illustrate the desperation in the Willard campaign.

HondaV65 on April 12, 2012 at 4:07 PM

Did you watch the video or Rosen?

dogsoldier on April 12, 2012 at 4:24 PM

DBear on April 12, 2012 at 4:13 PM

ROTFLMAO!

She has an All Access Pass to the White House AssHat – She’s on the DNC Payroll.

How stupid are you?

Tim_CA on April 12, 2012 at 4:24 PM

angryed on April 12, 2012 at 4:17 PM

if your iq was on the healthy side of 100, you’d notice the discrepancy between the statement “rosen was hired to work for dws” and the original article, which says that rosen “prepped her for an important Jan. 13 appearance on the “Bill Maher Show.” in other words, the first is a deliberately misleading statement not supported by the source it cites.

yet again, who does rosen speak for?

sesquipedalian on April 12, 2012 at 4:25 PM

Gotta’ hand it to the Demonrats. They started their war on motherhood just in time for the next major milestone on my calendar, viz. Mother’s day.

My collie says:

Timing is everything.

CyberCipher on April 12, 2012 at 4:26 PM

I’m no expert on raising kids as I have no kids but it doesn’t seem like being a stay at home mom (or dad) is all that tough from either a mental aspect or a physical aspect. It seems like being an engineer or a construction worker, is much harder work in comparison.

I would be interested to know what makes it “hard”. From my standpoint it’s not particularly hard. Kids no doubt are a handful at times but it’s not “hard” to raise kids, is it?

My experience with kids is if you have some candy on you, they will love you. If you talk them and listen to them, they love you even more.

I’m just playing devil’s advocate here, let me know where I’m wrong.

Dr. Tesla on April 12, 2012 at 4:26 PM

really…AssHat is on the no no list?

Tim_CA on April 12, 2012 at 4:26 PM

DBag on April 12, 2012 at 4:13 PM

Quick! Pretend like she’s not there! Maybe no one will notice the egg on our faces.

You people are as predictable as a glacier.

CurtZHP on April 12, 2012 at 4:28 PM

yet again, who does rosen speak for?

sesquipedalian on April 12, 2012 at 4:25 PM

Judging from the trolls coming out of the woodwork to defend her, I’d say she speaks for you, troll.

By the end of the week, after your boy king has thrown her under the bus, she’ll be speaking for no one.

CurtZHP on April 12, 2012 at 4:29 PM

Mitt gave all his inherited wealth away. IIRC, most of it went to BYU. As a young couple, they did not use inherited wealth. They lived very humbly. He earned what they have. You are being misleading.

This was the whole point that Rosen was trying to make. It wasn’t an attack on stay at home moms – it was an attack on Willard’s statement (over and over) that his wife gives him the best advice on what women want and need. And basically – she’s so far outside the bell curve – how could she even know?HondaV65 on April 12, 2012 at 4:00 PM

Is this one on the proper place on the curve? Does her financial acumen have more gravitas than that of Ann Romney?

a capella on April 12, 2012 at 4:30 PM

That’s correct.

Sincerely,
Gov. Sarah Palin, Gov. Nikki Haley, Rep. Michele Bachmann, Rep. Kristi Noem, Karen Santorum, Dana Loesch & Michelle Malkin

Doughboy on April 12, 2012 at 2:47 PM

you forgot Condoleeza Rice, Meg Whitman, Carly Fiorina, Ginni Thomas, Susana Martinez, Kay Bailey Hutchinson (the first woman to represent Texas in the US Senate) and the list goes on…

jimver on April 12, 2012 at 4:31 PM

yet again, who does rosen speak for?

sesquipedalian on April 12, 2012 at 4:25 PM

So she’s nobody who works for the DNC chair and visits has visited the WH 35 times.

Either you don’t know the meaning of the word important, you’re a liar or you’re an imbecile.

Which is it?

angryed on April 12, 2012 at 4:32 PM

Drudhe has a link up to the left’s plan to defend Rosen by trying claim we are all bigots against Lesbians. Heads up:

Then there’s this:

Wyoming Republican Rep. Cynthia Lummis added that Rosen is part of the administration’s surrogate strategy. According to Lummis, Rosen’s comments were likely no accident.

“They are using surrogate women, including Hilary Rosen, to deliver messages about Republicans that the president does not want to deliver himself for fear of the backlash,” she said. “But quite frankly as somebody who has visited the White House to advise on message over 30 times recently, her remarks are reflective of the message that the political machine within the White House intends to put out. ”

dogsoldier on April 12, 2012 at 4:32 PM