Democrats declare war on women? Update: Frequent White House visitor?

posted at 8:41 am on April 12, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

By the time Allahpundit included this clip in his QOTD post, DNC adviser and Democratic strategist Hilary Rosen’s attack on Ann Romney had already raised eyebrows.  By the time the clocks clicked past midnight, her remarks had become so infamous that Barack Obama’s campaign leaders had to go on Twitter to toss Rosen under the proverbial bus.  Rosen scoffed at the notion that a stay-at-home mom of five, who also happens to be battling MS and has survived cancer, has any insight into economic concerns of women in America:

Rosen later wrote a “clarification” at the Huffington Post expressing her admiration for Ann Romney’s “grit” in dealing with her illnesses, but the damage had already been done. Incredibly, Rosen later complained that Ann Romney “didn’t answer my follow up tweet to her! Which I thought was respectful and sincere.”  What was Rosen’s idea of “respectful and sincere”?  How about this: “I am raising children too. But u do know that most young american women have to earn a living AND raise their kids don’t u?”

Yeah, it’s Ann Romney’s fault for not replying to such a “respectful” riposte, huh?  Rosen’s the real victim here.

The Romney campaign blasted Rosen as an “Obama adviser” (she’s tied to the DNC, not the Obama campaign) and called this “their new ‘kill Ann’ strategy and in the process insul[t] hard-working moms.”  And that had Team Obama worried enough for a couple of heavy hitters to take to Twitter late last night to do damage control.  David Axelrod, Obama’s closest adviser, tweeted: “Also Disappointed in Hilary Rosen’s comments about Ann Romney. They were inappropriate and offensive.”  Jim Messina, who runs the Obama 2012 campaign, demanded an apology from Rosen: “I could not disagree with Hilary Rosen any more strongly. Her comments were wrong and family should be off limits. She should apologize.”

It’s too late for that; the mask has already slipped.  Rosen has delivered the Left’s honest opinion about women who choose to stay home to raise their children, and unless the DNC distances themselves from her, we can assume that’s the official Democratic Party position.  If Democrats wanted to see Republicans unite behind Mitt Romney, they picked the best possible strategy to make it happen by declaring war on Ann Romney and stay-at-home moms.

Update: Democrats were quick to insist that Rosen has no role at the White House, but Jim Geraghty reports that the rebuttal seems to be more of an issue of semantics:

White House visitor logs indicate that “Hilary Rosen” visited the White House thirty-five times.

Gen. David Petraeus, head of our efforts in Iraq, Afghanistan, and the current CIA director, nine times.

Meanwhile, see if you can guess who said this in 2008?

“You know essentially, you’ve taken on sort of the most sympathetic person in the candidate’s realm, the wife, who is taking care of the children, supporting the husband, doing everything she can because she loves him … [it's a] stupid strategy.”

You get three guesses, and the first two don’t count.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 4 5 6 7

Rosen is a partner at SKDKnickerbocker, the PR firm responsible for pushing the Sandra Fluke “Republican War on Women” story. Did they really think they could push both angles? The left clearly sees the press as their slobbering servant. Oh, and former White House Comm. Dir/Maoist Anita Dunn works at SKDKnickerbocker too. What a hornets nest of Marxism.

Kungfoochimp on April 12, 2012 at 1:36 PM

you got to be kidding me…this gaffe-prone dunce works in PR???? I rest my case…

jimver on April 12, 2012 at 1:40 PM

Thank you Ann Rosen!

you just made Michelle Obama part of the discussion.

raise to 300k$ at a non-profit Healthcare?

Michelle Obama is the embodiment of sky rocketing healthcare cost.

huntingmoose on April 12, 2012 at 1:40 PM

And I have not experienced, to this date, the financial resources Mrs. Romney had at her disposal while doing either.

The SAHM vs Working Mom meme is a stupid meme.

This discussion is stupid.

Magnus on April 12, 2012 at 1:32 PM

Mitt and Ann lived very frugally while they finished college and raised their first 3 children in a tiny flat. Rush just read a great interview with Ann on the topic. Off to find it. Regardless, tant pis. Envy is one of the deadly sins. Moreover, for you to say the discussion is “stupid” is, well, stupid. It’s totally dominating the media today so you are clearly in the minority with this opinion and won’t be hired anytime soon as an assignment editor.

Buy Danish on April 12, 2012 at 1:40 PM

This is indisputable:

Buy Danish on April 12, 2012 at 1:31 PM

Keep tellin’ yourself that sweetie.

Same goes for the rest of your diatribe.

cozmo on April 12, 2012 at 1:41 PM

What a disgusting individual! She certainly doesn’t represent the women in my life, mothers included!

driguana on April 12, 2012 at 1:43 PM

Update:

Mitt responds via facebook:

Mitt Romney
Just watched Ann Romney on Fox News. Her work raising our boys was tougher than any job I had http://mi.tt/IyvdQc

The link takes you to her interview on Fox with Martha McCollum.

He let Ann speak for herself which was the right thing to do. Surely no one wants to suggest otherwise….

Buy Danish on April 12, 2012 at 1:43 PM

The media storm over this is just so delicious. Obama and the ‘rats are in full damage control right now, WTF were they thinking? You know this was a planned attack sent by the higher ups in the Obama campaign, and it blew up magnificently in their face.

My mother was/is a SAHM and she worked her a** off everyday to raise my sisters and I while my Dad worked long hours. That’s why this statement is hitting a nerve with so many people right now, you don’t insult people’s Moms lol

BTW, Great job getting the Right to unite behind our nominee Dems, you did our work for us.

1984 in real life on April 12, 2012 at 1:44 PM

I do believe Ann Romney has served the competitive show horse community. AND she raised 5 sons…in several houses.
Hard work.
verbaluce on April 12, 2012 at 12:26 PM

Not nearly as hard as taking a $500,000 a day vacation in Spain, and getting everyone on the separate plane at $3 million because 4 hours is just too long to wait for dear hubby who’s waiting for the Congress. That $35,000 a week beach house was terrible for her knees. And let’s not talk about that shopping trip to Paris.

The one I really feel for though is Obama. Daily golf, basketball, some chart having to do with basketball…the wars, the economy?

You people really want to go down that which couple more closely resembles Louie and Marie path? Seriously?

Portia46 on April 12, 2012 at 1:44 PM

There are a few things at work here. First of all, the far left hates the institution of the family and tries to tear it down at every opportunity. Second, adults–both male and female–without children often have absolutely no concept for or sensitivity to the demands and emotions that go into being a parent.

And, third, liberalism is a mental disorder. Everything they do makes more sense when viewed through this prism.

Right Mover on April 12, 2012 at 1:34 PM

The original post wasn’t talking about far-left people, though, just average liberals who sneer at professional women who chosse to stay home when they have children. These people would deny loudly that they are anti-family; many of them do go on to have children. They simply think women with careers all “naturally” will want to make the career their priority and are crazy to give up a “fulfilling” job to stay home and change diapers all day.

Even some otherwise conservative women feel this way. I went back to work after I had kids out of economic necessity, but I probably would have anyway because I really didn’t enjoy fulltime motherhood. I admire the hell out of women who do, though, and would never sneer at them. Being a fulltime mother is a VERY tough job, especially if you have more than a couple of kids. It got the best of my own mother and gave her a nervous breakdown once.

rockmom on April 12, 2012 at 1:44 PM

Hard work.

verbaluce on April 12, 2012 at 12:26 PM

class envy much….

well, that’s maybe because Ann’s husband worked hard and actually put his Harvard degree to good use, unlike the imbecile who’s running the country these days who could only get a community organizing job with his Harvard degree..if he actually tried to get a real job instead of organizing communities (what the heck is that anyways), maybe Mochelle could have stayed at home with the kids too instead of having to pretend that dumping hospital patients for 400,000 USD a year was a real job….

jimver on April 12, 2012 at 1:47 PM

Keep tellin’ yourself that sweetie.

Same goes for the rest of your diatribe.

cozmo on April 12, 2012 at 1:41 PM

Ha! It wasn’t a “diatribe”. So there you go again. Did you read the speech I linked to? Obviously, short of giving you a pop quiz, I can’t prove you didn’t but let’s just say I doubt you did and chose instead to sing, Lalalala I can’t hear you…

Buy Danish on April 12, 2012 at 1:47 PM

We give little credit to men who stand by their wives and families and far too much license to those who do not. In the end, the faithful men get the last laugh, because from the start we have the joy that eludes the unfaithful to their dying days.

Cricket624 on April 12, 2012 at 12:57 PM

This was a beautiful thing to say. I honor you.

Hey Romney supporters, this war on MOTHERHOOD has been the best thing ever for Romney’s campaign. I am VERY impressed with how quickly and how hard they responded with the RIGHT things to say. I learned a lot about Romney and his early marriage years listening to Rush today. I am supposed to be studying for a state licensing exam I am taking at 6 pm tonite, but I just can’t put this down right now.

I am no longer fearing that Romney can’t take on the Obama machine. The DNC and Obama peeps are in such a feminazi (to quote Rush’s description of hard core women libbers who hate “breeders”) bubble, that they really don’t relate to the regular women in this country.

The Dems started this war on moms with the birth control phoney issue. They doubled down with the Obamacare mandates that rip the First Amendment rights from the Catholic church and other religious institutions and small business owners who walk with their faith regarding contraceptives.

NOW they upped the ante and have moved this issue to MOTHERHOOD.

Those idiots thought they would be tapping into to the war on the 1%ers by belittling Ann Romney being a stay at home mom. Instead this just blew up in their faces.

If Romney keeps up with the right responses, the swift responses, and then keeps moving the conversation back to the economy and Obama’s incompetence (he can skip the nice guy comments, no one believes that anymore, listen to his hateful speeches), then Romney can turn this election into the blowout it should be.

Who know that this man child who walked on water 4 years ago would be so incompetent in running a re-election campaign.

Well done Mitt Romney, well done.

(and you peeps here know that it breaks my heart that Palin did not run this time).

karenhasfreedom on April 12, 2012 at 1:48 PM

It’s so hard to be at work and not hear everything, and sit and smile and smile and smile. I’m at a jr hi and I know the rest have no idea why I’m so delighted.

Bambi on April 12, 2012 at 1:48 PM

Scooter had his picture hanging in many gunshops with a Salesman Of The Year label.

Now we have……Saleswoman Of The Week
Hilary Rosen

a capella on April 12, 2012 at 1:49 PM

is verbaluce all the left could produce in terms of new trolls, after the recent bans?…their second tier trolls are definitely dumber than their ‘spearhead’ l4l and dbear :-)…

jimver on April 12, 2012 at 1:50 PM

The husband just saw a thought in the form of a post it on Facebook that I had not considered. Do you realize that liberals cannot survive without conservatives but that conservatives would survive quite nicely without liberals?

Cindy Munford on April 12, 2012 at 1:50 PM

NOW they upped the ante and have moved this issue to MOTHERHOOD.

karenhasfreedom on April 12, 2012 at 1:48 PM

You are correct. Its a War on Mom.

dogsoldier on April 12, 2012 at 1:51 PM

This is the opening game of the regular season, and Team Romney is shutting out Axelrod & Co. Furthermore, as incumbent, Obama got to set the terms for this first match-up (women’s issues), and his team is still getting crushed. If Obama can’t beat Romney on women’s issues, then how on earth is he going to defend his economic record???

At this pace the general election isn’t going to be close, we’re going to blow them out of the water. Too bad its Romney who will take office, but he was the only one who wanted it bad enough to prepare a serious campaign for 2012. All of the other candidates just kind of threw their hat in the ring on a whim, while all of the party’s major stars took a pass, thinking that Obama was unlikely to be defeated. Romney wanted the nomination, Romney earned it, and Romney intends to do what it takes to remove this know-nothing, ivory-tower-class-warrior socialist from the White House.

Rally behind the nominee y’all.

Lawdawg86 on April 12, 2012 at 1:52 PM

rockmom on April 12, 2012 at 1:44 PM

Three kids and an out of town husband is nerve wracking, I don’t know how our military moms do it.

Cindy Munford on April 12, 2012 at 1:52 PM

Ha! It wasn’t a “diatribe”.

Buy Danish on April 12, 2012 at 1:47 PM

The the definition of diatribe is something else you can add to the list of things you don’t know.

And, I read the text of that speech last week. So what.

cozmo on April 12, 2012 at 1:53 PM

Rush is reporting that Rosen has issued some sort of apology and a request to stop the fake war or something…

dogsoldier on April 12, 2012 at 1:53 PM

1984 in real life on April 12, 2012 at 1:44 PM

Some more shit like this and even I may jump on the Romney bandwagon LOL.

angryed on April 12, 2012 at 1:55 PM

Thank you! Nothing makes me madder than the armchair campaign managers who think (a) if I didn’t see it or read about it, it didn’t happen; (b) if it happened but the MFM which clearly are trying to get Obama reelected didn’t cover it, it’s the Republican’s fault.
rockmom on April 12, 2012 at 1:35 PM

You’re welcome! Glad you didn’t think it was a “diatribe”:) I’ve noted this “I didn’t see/hear it so it didn’t happen” tendency among some Hot Airians many times before.

Buy Danish on April 12, 2012 at 1:55 PM

dogsoldier on April 12, 2012 at 1:53 PM

Heh. Kind of like Soledad O’Brian, with her pants around her ankles,….just wants to move on?

a capella on April 12, 2012 at 1:56 PM

And, I read the text of that speech last week. So what.
cozmo on April 12, 2012 at 1:53 PM

Did he ‘take it to Obama’ or not? A simple “yes” or “no” answer will suffice. Thanks in advance…

Buy Danish on April 12, 2012 at 1:57 PM

angryed on April 12, 2012 at 1:55 PM

The water is only lukewarm. But if you can deal with the Romney camp piranha’s, its tolerable.

cozmo on April 12, 2012 at 1:57 PM

Here it is:

Josh Marshall April 12, 2012, 1:44 PM 612

Hilary Rosen releases statement on the recent unpleasantness, after the jump …

“Let’s put the faux ‘war against stay at home moms’ to rest once and for all. As a mom I know that raising children is the hardest job there is. As a pundit, I know my words on CNN last night were poorly chosen. In response to Mitt Romney on the campaign trail referring to his wife as a better person to answer questions about women than he is, I was discussing his poor record on the plight of women’s financial struggles. Here is my more fulsome view of the issues. As a partner in a firm full of women who work outside of the home as well as stay at home mothers, all with plenty of children, gender equality is not a talking point for me. It is an issue I live every day. I apologize to Ann Romney and anyone else who was offended. Let’s declare peace in this phony war and go back to focus on the substance.”

It’s not a faux War on Mom. You slipped and said what you think and you don’t like the consequences. Your apology is insincere at best.

dogsoldier on April 12, 2012 at 1:58 PM

karenhasfreedom on April 12, 2012 at 1:48 PM
Great post as usual KHF. This is the epitome of something an ivory tower academic would come up with. No connection to the real world. What do you suppose they will do for Mother’s Day?

txmomof6 on April 12, 2012 at 1:58 PM

just wants to move on?

a capella on April 12, 2012 at 1:56 PM

Yeah, she actually says that twice.

dogsoldier on April 12, 2012 at 1:59 PM

The DSCC war on women. I thought that it was made up by the Republicans You can’t make this stuff up!

D-fusit on April 12, 2012 at 1:59 PM

Hillary Rosen might just be the only person in the world that would trade places with George Zimmerman today.

Wagthatdog on April 12, 2012 at 2:00 PM

Here it is:

Josh Marshall April 12, 2012, 1:44 PM 612

Hilary Rosen releases statement on the recent unpleasantness, after the jump …

dogsoldier on April 12, 2012 at 1:58 PM

Not Acceptable.

22044 on April 12, 2012 at 2:01 PM

karenhasfreedom on April 12, 2012 at 1:48 PM

I appreciate your objectivity. I understand how addictive this story is, but study for your exam!!! You can come back here tonight or tomorrow morning.

Buy Danish on April 12, 2012 at 2:01 PM

Let’s declare peace in this phony war and go back to focus on the substance.”

dogsoldier on April 12, 2012 at 1:58 PM

The WH finally got through to her. Stop digging. I saw somewhere earlier, Iowahawk I thin,k that she was the PR person for BP during the spill so she should know something about digging deep holes. Ha.

txmomof6 on April 12, 2012 at 2:02 PM

Buy Danish on April 12, 2012 at 1:57 PM

Yes, once, tepidly…in a single speech to a crowd not likely to publicize it.

If only you could admit to yourself that many potential Romney supporters have valid concerns about Romney.

Instead of your usual over-the-top ranting that Romney is the man. While bashing his opponents.

cozmo on April 12, 2012 at 2:02 PM

Rally behind the nominee y’all.

Lawdawg86 on April 12, 2012 at 1:52 PM

I AM IN !!!

For the first time I am beginning to get excited about voting this fall since Palin didn’t run.

Yesterday I posted that I wanted Romney to CRUSH Obama, take NO PRISONERS, and just OBLITERATE Obama in ads like he did his primary opponents.

While fighting back in this WAR ON MOMS requires the right touch, Romney’s team handled this magnificently. They outfoxed the Dems AND did it in a way that is going to rally MOMS to their side, AND keep the lame stream press sputtering in the sidelines. This is almost Reaganesque in the way they reached over the main stream press brainwashing and directly got to the hearts and minds of Americans.

Again, I am impressed. I hope they keep this up.

So far, this month is turning out to be a really bad month for Obama. It needs to get worse.

karenhasfreedom on April 12, 2012 at 2:03 PM

angryed on April 12, 2012 at 1:55 PM

Don’t be a tease!!!

Cindy Munford on April 12, 2012 at 2:03 PM

dogsoldier on April 12, 2012 at 1:58 PM

Exactly, and it’s not just her comments on CNN. She took to Twitter and HuffPo to dig herself a deeper hole and Team O won’t be handing her a ladder.

Buy Danish on April 12, 2012 at 2:03 PM

txmomof6 on April 12, 2012 at 2:02 PM

Oh, there’s still lots of meat on that bone left to chew on. I think her WH relationships alone should be good for another few days.

a capella on April 12, 2012 at 2:04 PM

Faux, Faux my @SS

D-fusit on April 12, 2012 at 2:04 PM

txmomof6 on April 12, 2012 at 2:02 PM

Too late, I think. Even the local radio stations are reporting Rosen’s statement and they aren’t being too kind.

dogsoldier on April 12, 2012 at 2:05 PM

karenhasfreedom on April 12, 2012 at 2:03 PM

Excellent

D-fusit on April 12, 2012 at 2:05 PM

Not Acceptable.

22044 on April 12, 2012 at 2:01 PM

Referring to Hilary Rosen’s faux apology. Not any of the comments here.

22044 on April 12, 2012 at 2:05 PM

a capella on April 12, 2012 at 2:04 PM

I found a piece detailing that she was hired by the DNC to DWS out of trouble. Seriously.

dogsoldier on April 12, 2012 at 2:06 PM

Faux, Faux my @SS

D-fusit on April 12, 2012 at 2:04 PM

She sounds like a bully who got punched in the nose.

22044 on April 12, 2012 at 2:06 PM

dogsoldier on April 12, 2012 at 2:06 PM

LOL. That explains a lot.

a capella on April 12, 2012 at 2:07 PM

Here is my post from the headline thread:

Hilary it turns out works for DWS:

Controversial Democratic strategist and CNN contributor, Hilary Rosen, was hired by DNC chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz to coach her on media appearances.

According to a Wall Street Journal report in February, Obama advisers told Wasserman Schultz to “tone it down,” suggesting that they hire “two seasoned Democratic female pros, Anita Dunn and Hilary Rosen,” for media training, in preparation for the upcoming campaign. Wasserman Schultz willingly accepted.

DWS should get a refund

dogsoldier on April 12, 2012 at 2:09 PM

Here is my post from the headline thread:

Hilary it turns out works for DWS:

DWS should get a refund

dogsoldier on April 12, 2012 at 2:09 PM

Wow. This story won’t quit.

22044 on April 12, 2012 at 2:10 PM

Yes, once, tepidly…in a single speech to a crowd not likely to publicize it.

cozmo on April 12, 2012 at 2:02 PM

“Tepid”? Ha! Lord only knows what it will take for him to earn your approval. Red Meat stuff like calling him a Communist perhaps? Things which need to be left to the pundits and no wise Presidential Candidate and former CEO would do?

Not clear what dictionary your using either. My definitions of “rant” and “diatribe” and “tepid” are different from yours. As for “valid concerns about Romney” or “bashing his opponents” that is not the topic of a single comment I made or responded to here today. I responded to the ridiculous allegation he is not “taking it to Obama”.

Buy Danish on April 12, 2012 at 2:12 PM

Hilary recants.

“This War on Women™ is lost.” Harry Reid

de rigueur on April 12, 2012 at 2:17 PM

Some more shit like this and even I may jump on the Romney bandwagon LOL.

angryed on April 12, 2012 at 1:55 PM

Welcome to the right side of the issue. I hope you’ll stay with us in the future.

crr6 on June 18, 2011 at 2:38 AM

Del Dolemonte on April 12, 2012 at 2:17 PM

Buy Danish on April 12, 2012 at 2:01 PM

I am passing my practice exams and course exams with 10 points to spare. So I am indulging myself right now.

OK peeps, bear with me here, but I believe all of us are born with biblical gifts. I was raised in a protestant church that really didn’t teach the Bible basics to Sunday School kids, not really. All I took from my formative years going to church was “be a good person and you will go to heaven”. Somehow I missed the point of accepting Christ into my life, even though “I joined the church” at 13 years old. When I was 33, I got enlightened.

What I learned then was 1 Corinthians Chapter 13 where they talk about the biblical gifts. We all have at least one of those biblical gifts. I learned I have the biblical gift of insight, that I can see things or synthesize things and see results a tad faster than my peers. This has been a great advantage in the business world but it also can sometimes be a disadvantage. You can see a train wreck coming before others and when you sound the alarm, you are looked at as being a “debbie downer”.

Well what I am seeing here, now, is that this democrat provoked war on MOMS is going to give Romney the green light to begin to jab harder at Obama. I think Romney has been worried about Obama’s so called personal approval ratings, so he has been trying to figure out how to get around that.

I have all along believed that Obama’s personal approval ratings are only as high as they are because people are lying to pollsters. They don’t want to be perceived to be “unhip” or “racist”. My close family members are SILENT about Obama, yet they are hard core Dem voters. To me, this speaks volumes. I believe they feel like we did when we were stuck with George Bush when he began to spend wildly and wanted immigration amnesty.

But I am off track. Back to the point. After seeing how Romney carpet bombed his opponents in the primary, I think Romney will start with some of the amusing ads we are seeing now, and gradually go to more hard hitting ads over the summer.

I think he will end up earning the conservative voters. I honestly didn’t think he had it in him, but so far things are falling into place.

Obama, one and DONE!!!!

karenhasfreedom on April 12, 2012 at 2:18 PM

Oops, forgot to mention this absurd statement:

in a single speech to a crowd not likely to publicize it.
cozmo on April 12, 2012 at 2:02 PM

What venue would you prefer, cozmo? Before we get to Tampa, that is. We rely on the internet and Fox News and social media because the MSM won’t cover his speeches. It is what it is. If you were really interested in what he has to say, rather than just repeat a false narrative that he’s not doing what he actually is doing, you’d make an effort to bypass the usual sources. Seek ye shall find, and all that.

Hopefully, now that Santorum is out of the picture, Hot Air will begin to cover his speeches more…

Buy Danish on April 12, 2012 at 2:20 PM

“Everywhere I go, no matter what, the women in the audience, their first question for me is, ‘How on earth are you managing it, how are you keeping it all together?’

“It’s a constant sense of guilt. It’s guilt, feeling guilty all the time.

I’m fine, because I have a strong informal support network. I have a mother who lives five minutes from me. I don’t know what I would do, even if we weren’t running, I don’t know what I would do as a professional without having that kind of support system. So that keeps me sane.

“I know we’re spending — I added it up for the first time — we spend between the two kids, on extra-curriculars outside the classroom, we’re spending about $10,000 a year on piano and dance and sports supplements and so on and so forth. And summer programs. That’s the other huge cost. Barack is saying, ‘Whyyyyyy are we spending that?’ And I’m saying, ‘Do you know what summer camp costs?’

“We don’t complain because we’ve got resources because of our education. We’ve got family structure. So I tell people don’t cry for me.

The salaries don’t keep up with the cost of paying off the debt, so you’re in your 40s, still paying off your debt at a time when you have to save for your kids.

“Barack and I were in that position. The only reason we’re not in that position is that Barack wrote two best-selling books… It was like Jack and his magic beans. But up until a few years ago, we were struggling to figure out how we would save for our kids. We left corporate America, which is a lot of what we’re asking young people to do. Don’t go into corporate America. You know, become teachers. Work for the community. Be social workers. Be a nurse. Those are the careers that we need, and we’re encouraging our young people to do that. But if you make that choice, as we did, to move out of the money-making industry into the helping industry, then your salaries respond.

So I tell people don’t cry for me.

- Michelle Obama, Zanesville, Ohio, February 2008

Resist We Much on April 12, 2012 at 2:22 PM

I responded to the ridiculous allegation he is not “taking it to Obama”.

Buy Danish on April 12, 2012 at 2:12 PM

No, you attacked lots of people for not swallowing your sermon.

Just as you always do.

You, and your fellow Romney fluffers cannot see the damage y’all do to your preferred candidate.

Some of your fellow Romney supporters have tried to point that out to you. And you attacked them for it.

I happen to think there is something worth salvaging in you, unlike your comrades blue gills and csdeven. When hawkdriver attempted to broker a truce, you spit on him. Your vile attacks on the other candidates should have ended when Santorum pulled out but you couldn’t even stop yourself then.

There have been occasions when you have been able to pull yourself back from the edge. Rather than taking stock of what you are doing, you double down and run right over that cliff.

0bama appreciates your work.

cozmo on April 12, 2012 at 2:23 PM

Because of their swelling ranks, the people that Obama has thrown under the bus have had to relocate to a larger space. Try the ninth circle of hell, guys.

EMD on April 12, 2012 at 2:24 PM

I hope this woman’s stupidity has an adverse affect on Liberal women because I can almost guarantee that most conservative women like me wish we could have stayed home or would have stayed home if we were able. My generation was raised by the vultures of the 60s who told us not to rely on a man. And look at our children’s future now!

I still can’t stand Romney and am still hoping for a viable 3rd party candidate or for Newt to make a comeback now that Santorum is out…

CCRWM on April 12, 2012 at 2:24 PM

Cindy Munford on April 12, 2012 at 1:50 PM

Absolutely true. Wish we could all have the chance to try it sometime.

Bmore on April 12, 2012 at 2:25 PM

Bmore on April 12, 2012 at 2:25 PM

We can dream!!!

Cindy Munford on April 12, 2012 at 2:28 PM

cozmo

Romney’s February 4th Nevada speech taking it to Obama. Hot Hot Hot.

An excerpt:

Like his colleagues in the faculty lounge who think they know better, President Obama demonizes and denigrates almost every sector of our economy. I will make America the most attractive place in the world for entrepreneurs, for innovators, and for job creators. And unlike the other people running for President, I know how to do that. If elected President, my priority will be worrying about your job, not saving my own.

Buy Danish on April 12, 2012 at 2:30 PM

Hilary Rosen?

The bitch from the RIAA that took down Napster?

The geeks and nerds have long memories, baby. When they do take your dumb ass down, there will be no fingerprints.

Stupid cow!

patch on April 12, 2012 at 2:32 PM

I’m sure we’ll soon find out Hillary Rosen is a comedian on the weekend.

Wagthatdog on April 12, 2012 at 2:36 PM

An excerpt:

Buy Danish on April 12, 2012 at 2:30 PM

Honey, you cannot get it through your skull: I ain’t the enemy. I have been prepared to vote for Romney from the start. That doesn’t mean I will enjoy it though.

You don’t have to convert me. The only times I have ever gone after you was when you made crap up about the other candidates, or attacked respected folks here.

Not even the bile you spewed my way could really get me to hate Romney. All I ever tried to do was get you to stop being a Romney fluffun’ other candidate hatin’ nutball. Mainly so you would stop running off potential Romney supporters.

cozmo on April 12, 2012 at 2:37 PM

The firestorm that’s arisen just in the last 24 hours over this issue is why no one should be too quick to declare, here in April, what will unquestionably happen in November.
Anybody who has dismissed the results in November as a fait accompli need only look at how quickly a new issue can grab hold of the news cycle and change the tenor of a campaign.

Right Mover on April 12, 2012 at 2:41 PM

cozmo on April 12, 2012 at 2:23 PM

You are prevaricating once again when you say I ‘spit on’ Hawkdriver. As I reminded you the other day, I sincerely thanked him for his efforts, but declined his call for detente. Why? Because you made no effort to retract the numerous false claims you made about me. What with your endless allegations that people are “haters” merely because they criticized another candidate (as well as your refusal to acknowledge that these candidates were also praised when praise was due them), you’re in no position to determine who or what needs “salvaging”.

As for your rule that since Santorum dropped out we can’t criticize other candidates – you can’t be serious. If, say, Hot Air is going to post a thread about Newt bouncing a check it is preposterous for you to suggest we have to follow Cozmos Rules of Etiquette and remain silent from this point forward (and apparently exceptions are made for commenters who wish to continue to criticize Romney. Oh the irony…)

Moreover, to describe my criticism as “vile” is more evidence your dictionary and mine are very different. I noted months ago that he was a deadbeat tenant. His campaign and foundations are broke, creditors are lining up, and his response is to attack Fox News and the ‘elite media’. Many commenters have noted how unhinged Newt sounds. Are they “vile” too? Honestly, do you have any idea how ridiculous this sounds (to any objective observer who isn’t predisposed to loathe me for my prescient support of Romney who is proving to be as awesome as I’ve been saying he would be all along, ha ha).

Buy Danish on April 12, 2012 at 2:49 PM

Buy Danish on April 12, 2012 at 2:49 PM

Sure sweetie, remain in your fantasy land.

cozmo on April 12, 2012 at 2:52 PM

jimver on April 12, 2012 at 1:50 PM

By all mean, do not engage – just attack.
Ban?
It seems you can be as strident as you want here provided you’re hitting for the right. I mean what isn’t allowed when it comes to denigrating the Obamas?
I aim for a higher standard all around – and not just because I have to.

verbaluce on April 12, 2012 at 2:54 PM

Not even the bile you spewed my way could really get me to hate Romney. …
cozmo on April 12, 2012 at 2:37 PM

Here we go again. What “bile” did I “spew” your way? Was it this comment?:

Tryin’ to cover your epic rear end from all of your Perry hatin’ attacks now huh, who’ed a thunk it? That’s alright, you and chupachudi will long be remembered for your ability to hate.

Oh wait! That was you making stuff up about me. And others. Like here:

cozmo wouldn’t/couldn’t furnish a link to my “Perry-hatin’ nutball” comments either. Said I wasn’t “important enough” for him to do so.
However, being polite, I asked him to link your “hatin’ Perry” remarks first as you were ahead of me in line.
Waiting…waiting…waiting….
Horace on January 19, 2012 at 3:21 PM

*crickets*

Buy Danish on April 12, 2012 at 2:59 PM

Sure sweetie, remain in your fantasy land.

cozmo on April 12, 2012 at 2:52 PM

Backatcha. I have direct quotes. You have zip, zero, nada.

Buy Danish on April 12, 2012 at 3:01 PM

Thanks to Obama’s policies, the nation now has millions more unemployed stay-at-home dads to join the stay-at-home moms!

Colony14 on April 12, 2012 at 3:02 PM

Hilary Rosen’s new book (due out this fall): “It Takes a Village Idiot.”

EMD on April 12, 2012 at 3:03 PM

Sure sweetie, remain in your fantasy land.

cozmo on April 12, 2012 at 2:52 PM

Hey, when you get done here in fantasy land, how about lending a hand with some of this saw work, Huh?

Bmore on April 12, 2012 at 3:13 PM

Waiting…waiting…waiting….
Horace on January 19, 2012 at 3:21 PM

*crickets*

Buy Danish on April 12, 2012 at 2:59 PM

Hate to butt in here, but I could use some help on this here saw work. I’d be careful BD quoting my bud Horace, that could bite ya in the arse. Just saying he’s a equal opportunity fisherman. Oh and he prefers a shotgun over a pole.

Bmore on April 12, 2012 at 3:16 PM

Dang it missed him again. Back to the saw.

Bmore on April 12, 2012 at 3:17 PM

Attention Hot Airians. Cozmo has some kind of etiquette rule in place you must follow lest you be called “vile”. Do not comment at threads like these unless you have lovely things to say about a ‘conservative’ candidate who is embarrassing himself, Republicans (and his wife) in the process.

Buy Danish on April 12, 2012 at 3:18 PM

Buy Danish on April 12, 2012 at 1:55 PM

Just think of it as a sort of “assist” when they jump in like that with their denial comments. It gave you an opportunity to reiterate a point to others who may have missed it, particularly if they had not perused the whole thread.

I’ve always marveled at the ability of some really annoyingly contrarian commenters to end up actually helping out immeasurably in making the case to those who have just jumped in. Yes, it’s a little more work pointing out their stupidity, but there is a greater benefit derived in the end.

Trochilus on April 12, 2012 at 3:19 PM

Bmore on April 12, 2012 at 3:16 PM

I quoted him to illustrate an, er, “vile” tactic cozmo employs on a regular basis, a tactic he does not reserve only for me. Nothing more and nothing less. Your friend makes unfounded allegations which he is completely incapable of supporting. That’s about as “vile” as it gets, and my observation that some commenters here are bitter pales in comparison to her serial misrepresentations.

Buy Danish on April 12, 2012 at 3:27 PM

“Barack and I were in that position. The only reason we’re not in that position is that Barack wrote two best-selling books… It was like Jack and his magic beans. – Michelle Obama, Zanesville, Ohio, February 2008

According to an article in the Chicago Tribune in 2006, Michelle Obama’s compensation at the University of Chicago Hospital, where she was a vice president for community affairs, “inexplicably” jumped from $121,910 in 2004 — that would be before Obama was elected to the Senate — to $316,962 in 2005 — that would be just after he took office. By the way, the hospital never filled the position of “vice president for community affairs” after Michelle Obama left to join the presidential campaign of her husband, which is unsurprising since it had created the job for her. Getting back to the money that the “poor, struggling” Michelle Antoinette had to scrimp and save to spend on piano and ballet lessons, the $316,962 in 2005 does not count the money that she received from serving on numerous corporate boards.

In other words, she didn’t need Barack, Jack, Jack’s jack, or Jack’s magic beans.

Resist We Much on April 12, 2012 at 3:33 PM

Well, she could always stay home and bake cookies.
Right, Hillary?

Missilengr on April 12, 2012 at 3:42 PM

I aim for a higher standard all around – and not just because I have to.

verbaluce on April 12, 2012 at 2:54 PM

Oh, we use the Obama Rules of Civility manual. We used to use the Republican Rules of Civility, but then you guys said Sarah Palin shot Gabby Gifford and pretty much we had to adopt your style.

Portia46 on April 12, 2012 at 3:47 PM

Buy Danish on April 12, 2012 at 2:49 PM

cozmo on April 12, 2012 at 2:52 PM

The funniest part is to the random observer, you two are like that old married couple, The Bickerstaffs. Funny !

Bmore on April 12, 2012 at 3:47 PM

I’m not staying, back to the saw.

Bmore on April 12, 2012 at 3:48 PM

Buy Danish on April 12, 2012 at 3:18 PM

Damn . . . you’re on a roll! That link tells the tale.

I’m at least entertaining the possibility that Newt is staying in the race at the request of the Romney camp, as a sort of Hilary Rosen on the right — you know, selflessly helping to complete the process of unifying the conservative base for the general election by publicly making more and more bizarre comments by the day?

Truth is, I just can’t think of another explanation for why he would still be hanging in there . . . other than the possibility that Newt is every bit as much of a narcissist as “Teh One!”

Trochilus on April 12, 2012 at 3:51 PM

Are Rosen and DWS close friends???

That might help explain this whole thing.

TerryW on April 12, 2012 at 3:57 PM

Buy Danish on April 12, 2012 at 3:27 PM

him=Horace
Your friend= Horace? He quit posting or was banned, not sure which.

Bmore on April 12, 2012 at 4:19 PM

That’s really the crux of the matter and why the Dems are having to do damage control over what should have been a friendly interview. Ms. Rosen decided to “go there” and question how Mitt and Ann Romney raised their family.

Happy Nomad on April 12, 2012 at 10:04 AM

Exactly. I would dispute the fact that having one parent stay at home is ALWAYS the better choice, but it is a perfectly valid one that works for MANY families.

Violina23 on April 12, 2012 at 4:19 PM

Trochilus on April 12, 2012 at 3:51 PM

I doubt that’s true. He’s doing too much damage to conservatives and Republicans in general (and to himself of course). He’s just providing ammo to liberals who think ill of conservatives…

him=Horace
Your friend= Horace? He quit posting or was banned, not sure which.

Bmore on April 12, 2012 at 4:19 PM

“Your friend” being cozmo. From that one post it’s unlikely Horace was banned, and unless you know that to be true it’s not wise to start rumors like that.

For once danish I agree with you. I am a military spouse who also has children and an autoimmune disease. Even without children, it is work sometimes to get up in the morning. Add five kids on that and cancer and Ann Romney is a frickin hero compared to Rosen. Damn, I would never wish my disease on anyone, but I certainly wish certain people could walk in my shoes occasionally.

melle1228 on April 12, 2012 at 11:12 AM

Before I go, I meant to comment on this earlier but was distracted. My heart goes out to you as you struggle with your debilitating disease. I happened to read an interview with Laura Hillenbrand that my mother-in-law, who has MS, had copied. I don’t know if this is similar to your situation or if it will provide any solace or inspiration, but here’s a story about her. More can be found at Google (“Laura Hillenbrand illness”). Take care and God Bless…

Buy Danish on April 12, 2012 at 4:31 PM

Plus, what’s left money wise after you pay the daycare costs? Not much especially if you have over 1 child.
You are just paying someone else to raise your kids.

MontanaMmmm on April 12, 2012 at 10:18 AM

That kind of comment makes me grumble. My 2YO daughter attends a family-owned day-care 3 days a week while I work part-time. She is happy and loved by her teachers. To me, it’s kind of a “It takes a village” mindset. Her lovely teachers *are* a part of the big picture of raising her, and since everyone is happy, healthy and thriving — why is that automatically considered a bad thing, or any worse than enlisting the help of a grandparent or a nanny? She knows who her parents are and never has any reason to doubt our love for her.

Daycare is not a dirty word. I dispute that being home 24/7 is automatically better 100% of the time.

Violina23 on April 12, 2012 at 4:34 PM

*crickets*

Buy Danish on April 12, 2012 at 2:59 PM

Nah, just the realization that you are every bit as nutball as csdeven and blue gills. Nothing worth salvaging.

Bmore on April 12, 2012 at 3:47 PM

I was coming to the same conclusion.

I think she has the hots for me.

cozmo on April 12, 2012 at 4:36 PM

What on earth did cozmo say that got him banned ? Anyone know?

Susanboo on April 12, 2012 at 4:44 PM

cozmo on April 12, 2012 at 4:36 PM

*crickets*. Maybe I should nickname you “Stonewall”. Because that’s what you do.

Buy Danish on April 12, 2012 at 4:44 PM

Buy Danish on April 12, 2012 at 4:31 PM

Whoa . . . I wasn’t being serious, BD! My “entertaining the possibility” bit was sarcasm, intended to set of the rest of my comment.

Lots of folks who Newt attracted to his cause this cycle were not around in the late ’90s; while others who were around simply failed to remember the Newt of old.

Trochilus on April 12, 2012 at 4:55 PM

“set up” that is — (not “set of”

Trochilus on April 12, 2012 at 4:57 PM

Trochilus on April 12, 2012 at 4:55 PM

Or felt that the good Newt did outweighed the bad. It’s all personal perspective.

Cindy Munford on April 12, 2012 at 5:01 PM

Buy Danish on April 12, 2012 at 4:44 PM

Every other insult you have tried has backfired, so why not.

What on earth did cozmo say that got him banned ? Anyone know?

Susanboo on April 12, 2012 at 4:44 PM

Only in the dreams of nutballs will the answer be found.

cozmo on April 12, 2012 at 5:01 PM

What on earth did cozmo say that got him banned ? Anyone know?

Susanboo on April 12, 2012 at 4:44 PM

Only in the dreams of nutballs will the answer be found.

cozmo on April 12, 2012 at 5:01 PM

So, you weren’t banned? I hope not. I like you and Buy Danish, even if we don’t always agree.

Susanboo on April 12, 2012 at 5:37 PM

I think she has the hots for me.

cozmo on April 12, 2012 at 4:36 PM

She may well, she once had them for me. SS. ; )

Bmore on April 12, 2012 at 5:42 PM

So, you weren’t banned?
Susanboo on April 12, 2012 at 5:37 PM

Now that right there is funny! cozmo banned! LOL!

Bmore on April 12, 2012 at 5:44 PM