Democrats declare war on women? Update: Frequent White House visitor?

posted at 8:41 am on April 12, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

By the time Allahpundit included this clip in his QOTD post, DNC adviser and Democratic strategist Hilary Rosen’s attack on Ann Romney had already raised eyebrows.  By the time the clocks clicked past midnight, her remarks had become so infamous that Barack Obama’s campaign leaders had to go on Twitter to toss Rosen under the proverbial bus.  Rosen scoffed at the notion that a stay-at-home mom of five, who also happens to be battling MS and has survived cancer, has any insight into economic concerns of women in America:

Rosen later wrote a “clarification” at the Huffington Post expressing her admiration for Ann Romney’s “grit” in dealing with her illnesses, but the damage had already been done. Incredibly, Rosen later complained that Ann Romney “didn’t answer my follow up tweet to her! Which I thought was respectful and sincere.”  What was Rosen’s idea of “respectful and sincere”?  How about this: “I am raising children too. But u do know that most young american women have to earn a living AND raise their kids don’t u?”

Yeah, it’s Ann Romney’s fault for not replying to such a “respectful” riposte, huh?  Rosen’s the real victim here.

The Romney campaign blasted Rosen as an “Obama adviser” (she’s tied to the DNC, not the Obama campaign) and called this “their new ‘kill Ann’ strategy and in the process insul[t] hard-working moms.”  And that had Team Obama worried enough for a couple of heavy hitters to take to Twitter late last night to do damage control.  David Axelrod, Obama’s closest adviser, tweeted: “Also Disappointed in Hilary Rosen’s comments about Ann Romney. They were inappropriate and offensive.”  Jim Messina, who runs the Obama 2012 campaign, demanded an apology from Rosen: “I could not disagree with Hilary Rosen any more strongly. Her comments were wrong and family should be off limits. She should apologize.”

It’s too late for that; the mask has already slipped.  Rosen has delivered the Left’s honest opinion about women who choose to stay home to raise their children, and unless the DNC distances themselves from her, we can assume that’s the official Democratic Party position.  If Democrats wanted to see Republicans unite behind Mitt Romney, they picked the best possible strategy to make it happen by declaring war on Ann Romney and stay-at-home moms.

Update: Democrats were quick to insist that Rosen has no role at the White House, but Jim Geraghty reports that the rebuttal seems to be more of an issue of semantics:

White House visitor logs indicate that “Hilary Rosen” visited the White House thirty-five times.

Gen. David Petraeus, head of our efforts in Iraq, Afghanistan, and the current CIA director, nine times.

Meanwhile, see if you can guess who said this in 2008?

“You know essentially, you’ve taken on sort of the most sympathetic person in the candidate’s realm, the wife, who is taking care of the children, supporting the husband, doing everything she can because she loves him … [it's a] stupid strategy.”

You get three guesses, and the first two don’t count.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Anne never worked a day in her life not bcs she was a SAHM, but bcs she’s a RICH SAHM.
Effing A, PEOPLE!
Get your $hit straight!///////

Badger40 on April 12, 2012 at 11:16 AM

ebrown2 on April 12, 2012 at 11:09 AM

I don’t know if it is partisan, due to the economy there are probably many more stay at home moms than usual. I think it might be a double whammy to be financially strapped and belittled for the contributions you work hard to manage within your own home. The funny thing is that there are probably numerous offended moms that would have agreed with Ms. Rosen when employed during the Bush years. Glory in the irony, it will be brief.

Cindy Munford on April 12, 2012 at 11:16 AM

Ann Romney has no idea because she has never faced the tough financial decisions that most American families are facing every day. She has never had to worry if she can afford both groceries and a tank of gas. She has never had to worry about one of her 5 kids getting sick and wondering if she’ll be able to pay the co-pay.

Ann Romney has no idea because she has never had to worry.

Del Dolemonte on April 12, 2012 at 10:38 AM

Their disconnect is astounding isn’t it?

Nancy Pelosi = 5 kids, rich, never “worked” a day in her life.

According to Rosen’s “reasoning”, being the First Lady of MA is not “work”. You think the wife of Deval Patrick feels that way?

Flora Duh on April 12, 2012 at 11:16 AM

If he’s the nominee he’s got mine katy.

DanMan on April 12, 2012 at 11:17 AM

I’m sick and tired of liberal Democrats hating on women.

pearson on April 12, 2012 at 11:18 AM

DCPS is systemically flawed. Really, they’re just godawful. I won’t criticize Obama for not putting his daughters there. I WILL criticize Obama for his rank hypocrisy, in putting his daughters in a non-public school while refusing to support voucher programs which would give other families such a choice.

Vyce on April 12, 2012 at 11:10 AM

I agree. My kids are in school in Virginia for a reason. I do not blame Obama for sending his kids to Sidwell Friends instead of the DCPS. But beyond the hypocrisy of doing so even as he denies DC children educational opportunity, the idea that Michelle Obama knows more than Ann Romney about how “real people” are living is absurd.

Happy Nomad on April 12, 2012 at 11:18 AM

They atacked Mrs. Romney AND ALL OTHER STAY AT HOME MOMS. You know, voters?

This guy wants our vote. Maybe he should try earning it himself.

katy the mean old lady on April 12, 2012 at 11:13 AM

Your reservoirs of bitterness are very deep. It’s entertaining to watch but also rather sad frankly.

Buy Danish on April 12, 2012 at 11:18 AM

So Obama said lay off his family, but his underlings attack Ann.

WannabeAnglican on April 12, 2012 at 11:19 AM

katy the mean old lady on April 12, 2012 at 11:07 AM

Never mind:

Er, grouchy one, you don’t even understand your own comments apparently. You’re an endless source of entertainment:

Buy Danish on April 12, 2012 at 11:14 AM

Some Romney fluffin’ nutballs just cannot stop being “stuck on stupid”.

Is it too late to root for Newt, or a brokered convention?

If Pickard, or the blonde hottie, can overcome the Borg of Romney, maybe I can too.

cozmo on April 12, 2012 at 11:19 AM

Actually, I was looking for MITT to take it to Obama. Not hs “team” or his wife
katy the mean old lady on April 12, 2012 at 10:48 AM
To be clear: Mitt is taking it to Obama and so is his wife and the rest of the Romney team.

Buy Danish on April 12, 2012 at 11:14 AM

“I am sure she can do a great job of that. She’s the only thing I admire in the Romney campaign.”
Too bad you left that part of my comment out, you dishonest cow.

katy the mean old lady on April 12, 2012 at 11:20 AM

cozmo on April 12, 2012 at 11:19 AM

Jesus. No kidding. Some people can’t refrain from attacking other posters even when they are incensed about the same things. And, yes, I’m referring to the Bro*d from Copenhagen. KTMOL said nothing about Ann keeping her mouth shut. She would prefer that Mitt and his team weigh in as well. That’s how I read it anyway. This keeps up and the bleeding will never stop.

totherightofthem on April 12, 2012 at 11:22 AM

totherightofthem on April 12, 2012 at 11:22 AM

Nowdays, the biggest hurdle for Romney is his own nutball supporters.

cozmo on April 12, 2012 at 11:23 AM

katy the mean old lady on April 12, 2012 at 11:20 AM

Don’t worry, they can’t possibly think they can build a winning campaign on this, just enjoy the prat fall. Remember that our best chance to get rid of The Won is probably going to be painful trips to the gas station and the grocery store. All most suffer.

Cindy Munford on April 12, 2012 at 11:24 AM

Buy Danish on April 12, 2012 at 11:18 AM

You should stand down right now. Katy is a well respected member of this site and you are going overboard.

VegasRick on April 12, 2012 at 11:25 AM

Nowdays, the biggest hurdle for Romney is his own nutball supporters.

cozmo on April 12, 2012 at 11:23 AM

Yeah I agree! They have become so oversensitive about their candidate.. Geez he is a politician guys not Jesus!

melle1228 on April 12, 2012 at 11:25 AM

Ms. Rosen also got in a dig at Romney being “old fashioned” about women. Well, sweetie, let me tell you – as the ex-wife of an unfaithful husband, I’ll take “old fashioned” over the alternative any day of the week. (Ladies – who would you rather see standing in front of the preacher taking vows with you: a liberal like Bill Clinton or a man like Mitt Romney?) There are things that trouble me about Romney, but the fact that he stayed with the same woman for 40 years, through two serious and one ongoing illness and that the two of them have raised five decent young men actually is strong point in his favor in my book. I also believe that many women today long for an “old fashioned” man.

natasha333 on April 12, 2012 at 11:25 AM

They atacked Mrs. Romney AND ALL OTHER STAY AT HOME MOMS. You know, voters?

This guy wants our vote. Maybe he should try earning it himself.

katy the mean old lady on April 12, 2012 at 11:13 AM

Actually the Romney campaign went on the offensive last night on Twitter. He doesn’t have any appearances scheduled for today so I guess we’ll have to wait until tomorrow to hear what he has to say about it.

Flora Duh on April 12, 2012 at 11:26 AM

Besides, who is this Rosen to talk? She left her job to stay at home with the children and her partner adopted, waaaaaaaay back in 2003.

Wasn’t the whole point of the Women’s Liberation movement that of giving women choices for their life paths? Stay at home, get a career, become a professional, whatever. To denigrate someone who chose to stay at home with her children, whether she could afford it or not, is antithetical to the purported reason the movement came into being in the first place. Progressives just can’t help outing themselves.

Tell me, how is this going to help Obama with the so-called “soccer mom” contingent, again?

totherightofthem on April 12, 2012 at 11:27 AM

Too bad you left that part of my comment out, you dishonest cow.

katy the mean old lady on April 12, 2012 at 11:20 AM

That’s par for the course for the Joy Behar of HA.

ebrown2 on April 12, 2012 at 11:27 AM

does anyone know what subjects or pet causes she will be working on as first lady?

GhoulAid on April 12, 2012 at 10:25 AM

Since she has both MS and breast cancer, I imagine it might be along those lines.
She is such a contrast to what we have in the white house now. Ann and Mitt (if I may be so bold) are such a contrast to what entertainment they will invite into OUR WHITE HOUSE than the abusive, swearing language that 0b0z0′s entertainment have brought in. I can’t wait!

Bambi on April 12, 2012 at 11:28 AM

Flora Duh on April 12, 2012 at 11:26 AM

Cool. I like to think there’s hope for him yet, since he’s my only remaining choice and it’s elephant all the way this fall, baby!

totherightofthem on April 12, 2012 at 11:28 AM

Cindy Munford on April 12, 2012 at 11:24 AM

I have no idea how people are managing to put food on their table for their familes.
I have just me and it’s a struggle every month. I’ll be working to the grave. Good thing I enjoy my job.

katy the mean old lady on April 12, 2012 at 11:28 AM

If we listen, progressives tell us exactly who they are and what they believe. Rosen is yet another gift from in egregiously inept obama regieme. Progessive “women” kill their babies, and apparently believe a woman raising her children is shirking her progressive female responsibilities. Home moms works more than anyone, they just don’t get paid for it. I question if this Rosen is actully female, these heartless babes are some different gender. Hilary, havre a facelift and breasts done ..again.

StevC on April 12, 2012 at 11:28 AM

But liberals DO appreciate stay-at-home moms.
You have to be the right kind of mom.
They love stay-at-home welfare moms.
Those who are needy, aimless, dreamless, and totally dependent on the gov’t gravy train. They’ll pay for the kids, crappy housing and give them food stamps.
I suspect the left really doesn’t like welfare moms either–just their votes.

I’m fuming over this. Taking deep breaths.
Liberals are total creeps.

Sending my first donation of 2012 out today.
As Palin says–Game On and time to fight like a girl!!!!

bailey24 on April 12, 2012 at 11:28 AM

Speaking of the the Dem’s War on Women, I see that John Edwards is going on trial today.

Didn’t he cheat on his cancer-stricken wife?

faraway on April 12, 2012 at 11:28 AM

ebrown2 on April 12, 2012 at 11:27 AM

Don’t ever believe that these things aren’t a two way street.

Cindy Munford on April 12, 2012 at 11:29 AM

natasha333 on April 12, 2012 at 11:25 AM

Exactly, that’s one thing that keeps me from totally discounting Mitten’s chances. If the Marxist tools in the WH keep this up, they’ll -LEARN- the meaning of “gender gap,” up close and personal.

ebrown2 on April 12, 2012 at 11:29 AM

Nowdays, the biggest hurdle for Romney is his own nutball supporters.

cozmo on April 12, 2012 at 11:23 AM

Says the guy who says this?:

Is it too late to root for Newt, or a brokered convention?

cozmo on April 12, 2012 at 11:19 AM

Whatevs.
How about we all go ABO when the nominee is picked?
Remember the effheads who whined about McCain & stayed home pouting?
How many SCOTUS appts did Obama make?
Newt’s an idiot & not any better than Romney.
We can agree they all suck maybe, but let’s stick together, shall we?
Or do you want another 4 years of Obama?

Badger40 on April 12, 2012 at 11:31 AM

Nowdays, the biggest hurdle for Romney is his own nutball supporters.

cozmo on April 12, 2012 at 11:23 AM

Yep, they seem to enjoy “Rosening” their own putative candidate.

ebrown2 on April 12, 2012 at 11:31 AM

DNC has been in a panic because: If Anne Romney being a stay home mom is a problem for the country… SO TOO would it be the same for every single Welfare recipient stay home mom as well…. the difference is we did not pay for Anne’s kids, Mitt did… uh, by working and creating jobs for other dad’s and mom’s to pay to raise their children as well

It is very easy to fight back against the hypocrisy of the democrat machine. Our choices as free people is what this great country was and IS STILL founded on….

ActinUpinTexas on April 12, 2012 at 11:32 AM

Now she’s upset with Republicans for calling her out for sticking her foot in her face. Just find a nice recipe for shoe leather, Chick.

College Prof on April 12, 2012 at 11:32 AM

Thank you!
Plus, what’s left money wise after you pay the daycare costs? Not much especially if you have over 1 child.
You are just paying someone else to raise your kids.

MontanaMmmm on April 12, 2012 at 10:18 AM

Another very good point! But I’m sure Ms. Rosen doesn’t consider that because the left, both from the feminists and the environmentalists, don’t think you should ever have multiple children. My wife and I are currently expecting our fourth child, and want more after that. But by the time we had our second, we were already getting “what, are you crazy?!?” talk from people. Sad.

Shump on April 12, 2012 at 11:33 AM

Too bad you left that part of my comment out, you dishonest cow.

katy the mean old lady on April 12, 2012 at 11:20 AM

Um, this was your comment in full:

You want proof that Mitt’s team is prepared to take it to Obama? Here you go. There’s not a reporter or politico in Washington who doesn’t have at least some memory of the ‘kill Mitt’ strategy being reported.
KingGold on April 12, 2012 at 8:45 AM

Actually, I was looking for MITT to take it to Obama. Not hs “team” or his wife
katy the mean old lady on April 12, 2012 at 10:48 AM

Meanwhile, you are either being “dishonest” or just don’t know what you’re talking about when you imply Mitt is ‘not taking it to Obama’.

Buy Danish on April 12, 2012 at 11:34 AM

Badger40 on April 12, 2012 at 11:31 AM

You don’t pay attention much, even to the post you quoted.

cozmo on April 12, 2012 at 11:34 AM

Or do you want another 4 years of Obama?

Badger40 on April 12, 2012 at 11:31 AM

No, No, No, No. No.

I liked Rick Perry.
I liked Newt Gingrich.
I liked Herman Cain.
I will work my a$$ off to help get Mitt Romney elected.

VegasRick on April 12, 2012 at 11:35 AM

Speaking Friday at what the administration called “The White House Forum on Women and the Economy,” President Barack Obama said that after his two daughters were born, he and his wife—both Harvard Law School graduates—could not afford the “luxury” of having her stay home with the children.

In 2005, when Obama began serving in the U.S. Senate (and his daughters turned 4 and 7), he and his wife were earning a combined annual income of $479,062. Barack Obama was paid a salary of $162,100 by the U.S. taxpayers, and Michelle Obama was paid $316,962 to handle community affairs for the University of Chicago Medical Center.

Emphasis mine….

PatriotRider on April 12, 2012 at 11:36 AM

VegasRick on April 12, 2012 at 11:25 AM

The person who calls me a “dishonest cow” because I quoted her directly is the well-respected member of Hot Air. Gotcha.

Buy Danish on April 12, 2012 at 11:36 AM

Is it too late to root for Newt, or a brokered convention?

cozmo on April 12, 2012 at 11:19 AM

Newt never took this run seriously until Romney firebombed him. He’s a 5-year old precocious brat in the body of a man in his 60′s.

ebrown2 on April 12, 2012 at 11:36 AM

WaPo poll: More than 90% stand with Ann Romney

Yes, raising a family is a lot of work: 96%

No, Ann Romney is out of touch with the economic issues facing working women: 4%

Resist We Much on April 12, 2012 at 11:38 AM

ebrown2 on April 12, 2012 at 11:36 AM

Do I have to explain to noobs every time?

I’m me, I don’t need no stinkin’ sarc tags.

cozmo on April 12, 2012 at 11:38 AM

BTW…the “Community Affairs” “job” did not exist before Moochy arrived…and has not existed since she left…

What does that tell you…???

PatriotRider on April 12, 2012 at 11:38 AM

totherightofthem on April 12, 2012 at 11:28 AM

Between Debbie Whatshername-Schultz’s constant Twitter obsession with Mitt Romney and Rosen’s put-down of Ann Romney, I’m beginning to think the DNC is getting vewy vewy afwaid.

I saw several people say on Twitter last night that they had not planned to vote for Romney but because of Rosen’s comments against Ann Romney and by proxy, SAHMs everywhere, they will now not only vote for Romney, they’ll support him with time and money.

As Michelle Malkin tweeted last night:

By attacking @AnnDRomney, @hilaryr managed to do what hadn’t been poss. before tonight: Uniting the Right behind Romney. Heckuva job, Hil.

Flora Duh on April 12, 2012 at 11:39 AM

Is it too late to root for Newt, or a brokered convention?

cozmo on April 12, 2012 at 11:19 AM

We’ll clean up the smelly badgers for you, too.

ebrown2 on April 12, 2012 at 11:40 AM

Staying home for most women is t some luxurious choice. Its a huge sacrifice financially. Most women give up a lot to make it happen. Ann is traveling across the country connecting with women and listening to their concerns. Ms Rosen has her elite washington friends to listen too. Im much more concerned about the debt piled on my children, the prices at the store and the pump and keeping more of what we earn than i am whether some spoiled college student gets free birth control. Im pretty sure Ann has always been proud of her country. Bring it on Obama bring it all youve got failed polices that are wildly unpopular an unemplyment inflation energy problem you cant spin or run from

ldbgcoleman on April 12, 2012 at 11:40 AM

Nowdays, the biggest hurdle for Romney is his own nutball supporters.

cozmo on April 12, 2012 at 11:23 AM

been that way awhile hasn’t it?

Katy is a well respected member of this site and you are going overboard.

VegasRick on April 12, 2012 at 11:25 AM

That’s why I suggested she raise her bar back where it belongs, but she left that part of my quote off…what a cow…./s

DanMan on April 12, 2012 at 11:41 AM

As the story in Hot Gas Headlines notes, Rosen seems to be doubling down and defending her shameful remarks.

And one of the addled Democrat CNN Consumers at the link agrees with her:

What has Ann Romney HAD to do to ensure the security and well-being of her family? Sleep with Misfit Romney. Ok-fair enough-you couldn’t pay me enough to do that. Basically, that makes her a prostitute. She gets paid to sleep with a man in order to keep her bills paid. Prostitutes are called “working wormen”-euphamistically speaking, of course. The woman probably spends more on dye jobs than I make in a year.

Del Dolemonte on April 12, 2012 at 11:41 AM

I’m sick and tired of liberal Democrats hating on women.

pearson on April 12, 2012 at 11:18 AM

Without the hate, what exactly would define liberal Democrats? Seriously, if they are not hating some group or other what can we point to and say “that is the difference between conservatives and liberals?”

Happy Nomad on April 12, 2012 at 11:41 AM

Do I have to explain to noobs every time?

I’m me, I don’t need no stinkin’ sarc tags.

cozmo on April 12, 2012 at 11:38 AM

We’ll clean up the smelly badgers for you, too.

ebrown2 on April 12, 2012 at 11:40 AM (sorry about the wrong paste-up!)

ebrown2 on April 12, 2012 at 11:42 AM

The fact Romney is making the Democrats choke on their on words in this stupid “war on women” meme is awesome. You might be a bit squishy for me ideologically, Mitt, but I like you more with each passing day.

BKennedy on April 12, 2012 at 11:43 AM

The majority of democrat women are pro-abortion, anti-family, childless, moustached hags – they put little value on motherhood – it is no surprise to hear this from an obama campaign advisor.

Pork-Chop on April 12, 2012 at 11:44 AM

I’m sick and tired of liberal Democrats hating on women.

pearson on April 12, 2012 at 11:18 AM

Happy Nomad on April 12, 2012 at 11:41 AM

That also explains the inner and outer ugliness of women who hold onto liberalism after the college years. It takes a toll.

ebrown2 on April 12, 2012 at 11:44 AM

I wonder if Hilary Rosen thinks that Rose Kennedy did not work a day in her life?

PatriotRider on April 12, 2012 at 11:45 AM

Ann Romney can expect a call from Obama any minute now.

Curtiss on April 12, 2012 at 11:46 AM

BKennedy on April 12, 2012 at 11:43 AM

You mean Ann….

idesign on April 12, 2012 at 11:46 AM

Ann Romney can expect a call from Obama any minute now.

Curtiss on April 12, 2012 at 11:46 AM

As the late, not so great, crr6 would say:

Count it!

Are you from the P-40/motorcycle side, or the candy bar side?

Its important.

cozmo on April 12, 2012 at 11:49 AM

Funny, Hilary Rosen, who happens to be gay and had children with her “partner” is Obama’s spokesperson for “mom’s”?

Slight contrast with Ms. Romney- don’t you think?

Marcus Traianus on April 12, 2012 at 11:49 AM

BKennedy on April 12, 2012 at 11:43 AM

You mean Ann….

idesign on April 12, 2012 at 11:46 AM

Mitt’s on board with this. Now we get to see the rewards of living like an emotionally mature man for 40+ years in one’s -personal- life.

ebrown2 on April 12, 2012 at 11:50 AM

cozmo on April 12, 2012 at 11:23 AM

They are the Rosen Contingent of the Romney supporters.

Cindy Munford on April 12, 2012 at 11:50 AM

I suspect she’s going to make one hell of a First Lady.

KingGold on April 12, 2012 at 9:02 AM
Yes she will.

gophergirl on April 12, 2012 at 9:03 AM

+1 million

Ann Romney has scrubbed many bathrooms, cooked and cleaned for years and years while raising 5 boys and dealing with both breast cancer and MS.

As has been written in many articles and publications, the Romneys are legendary in NOT retaining much domestic help, certainly not the amount that would comport with their station in life.

As usual, liberals are lying in their attempt at an escape hatch as well.

matthew8787 on April 12, 2012 at 11:51 AM

We’ll clean up the smelly badgers for you, too.

ebrown2 on April 12, 2012 at 11:42 AM

Not all of them though. I like badgers, cute, cuddly, tame and easy.

cozmo on April 12, 2012 at 11:51 AM

You mean Ann….

idesign on April 12, 2012 at 11:46 AM

Ann is in part an extension of Mitt’s campaign, and it’s Mitt who’d “let Ann be Ann” given he’s probably hogtied with flighty RINO advisors up to his eyeballs. So I give kudos to Mitt for not trying to, err, “Mittigate” what’s transpiring here.

Mitt’s also the one smashing Obama’s face back into the muck he’s throwing by citing the disproportionaite number of women losing jobs in Obama’s so-called “recovery.” So it’s really a combination of these things, not just Ann putting Rosen in her place.

BKennedy on April 12, 2012 at 11:52 AM

Yes. SAH Moms are completely “out of touch”… we have no idea what it’s like to make a list and try to feed a family on the out-of-control food prices, or fill up a tank of gas so we can get our kids to school, or make choices for the betterment of our families rather than our own social climbing.

Yes. Tell us how out of touch we are, how Ann Romney who stayed at home with her children CHOSE (you said we should have the CHOICE, right?), but chose wrong. And how could she have chosen wrong by staying home with her children while Sarah chose wrong by having a job. How can BOTH choices be wrong?!

UnderstandingisPower on April 12, 2012 at 11:53 AM

They are the Rosen Contingent of the Romney supporters.

Cindy Munford on April 12, 2012 at 11:50 AM

And it would seem perfectly happy to throw away the gift Rosen gave them.

cozmo on April 12, 2012 at 11:53 AM

If the Obama Economy wasn’t so bad, more mom’s could stay at home and raise their kids…

How many of the new 380,000 jobless claims are women???

albill on April 12, 2012 at 11:53 AM

cozmo on April 12, 2012 at 11:49 AM

Candy bars are for children.

Curtiss on April 12, 2012 at 11:54 AM

WaPo poll: More than 90% stand with Ann Romney

Yes, raising a family is a lot of work: 96%

Resist We Much on April 12, 2012 at 11:38 AM

Well, online “poles” should be taken with a grain of salt. But this result would indicate that Rosen was horribly wrong.

Speaking of Horrible, some of the WaPo Consumers are commenting about this online “pole”. Fascinating stuff:

The poor wording of the poll reinforces the false narrative being pushed by Republicans. Makes it hard to answer.

I agree with Rosen that many women raise a family WHILE holding down a paying job and this is something Ann Romeny does not relate too.

Del Dolemonte on April 12, 2012 at 11:55 AM

BKennedy on April 12, 2012 at 11:43 AM

Funny how that works, isn’t it? Mittens standing next to any other Republican we’re going ewwwwww. Standing next to the ugliness that is today’s Democrat Party, it’s…

First look?

And this woman just isn’t going away quietly, as you can see on the new Hot Gas linked story from CNN.

MNHawk on April 12, 2012 at 11:55 AM

Curtiss on April 12, 2012 at 11:46 AM

LOL!

Cindy Munford on April 12, 2012 at 11:55 AM

And this Classic bit of Democrat Ignorance from the WaPo Comments is Comedy Gold!

I am sure that Mrs. Obama’s career that she built for herself and stepped away from will play much more favorably to most American women.

Del Dolemonte on April 12, 2012 at 11:56 AM

Slight contrast with Ms. Romney- don’t you think?

Marcus Traianus on April 12, 2012 at 11:49 AM

Correction. Hilary Rosen did not have children with her partner. Two women cannot have children. There was a man involved at some point, either directly or indirectly, and no amount of foot stomping by the gay lobby will make it not be so. She may have been involved in raising the children of her partner, or her partner may have been involved in the raising of her children, but that’s quite a different thing.

Shump on April 12, 2012 at 11:56 AM

DNC and Obama advisor Hilary Rosen? She worked for Huffington Post during the 2008 election and has since become a pundit on CNN …
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Yes, she is so distant from the Obama White House that she has visited the White House 35 times…..

General David Petraeus: 9 times

Energy Secretary Stephen Chu: 16 times

Secretary of Veterans Affairs Eric Shinseki: 19 times

Former CIA director and current Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta: 12 times

Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner: 40 times

Resist We Much on April 12, 2012 at 11:56 AM

cozmo on April 12, 2012 at 11:53 AM

If they are lucky, maybe AP can find something to make a Palin thread so they can double down on the goodwill.

Cindy Munford on April 12, 2012 at 11:57 AM

Women on the Left must remember that whatever the attack is against the Right… it is something the Left wishes to do and WILL DO.

That is the way the Left works.

And they are about to start eating their own.

ajacksonian on April 12, 2012 at 11:57 AM

Candy bars are for children.

Curtiss on April 12, 2012 at 11:54 AM

But I always have a Butterfinger in the cockpit.

cozmo had a great uncle who built motorized bicycles before he got into building airplanes.

cozmo on April 12, 2012 at 11:58 AM

This line of attack will not only fail, it will backfire and, deliver more voters into Rmoney™’s somewhat outstretched arms.

Bmore on April 12, 2012 at 11:58 AM

Stupid, liberal twit… right up there with DWS, full of it.

ultracon on April 12, 2012 at 11:59 AM

totherightofthem on April 12, 2012 at 11:27 AM

No, it was not. The womens’ liberation movement taught that to be “fulfilled” women had to work outside of the home and the traditional societal roles. Ms. Rosen’s unguarded comment was simply affirmation that this is still the thinking of the left. In her world, Ann Romnney couldn’t possibly be contributing to society by raising her family. Of course, this same world also teaches that to have a child is to be punished and that the state has more responsibility to raise a child than the parents who just get in the way.

Happy Nomad on April 12, 2012 at 11:59 AM

What does that tell you…???

PatriotRider on April 12, 2012 at 11:38 AM

That Blago was just looking for a taste of what the machine provided the Obamas?

MNHawk on April 12, 2012 at 11:59 AM

Remember those halcyon days when Clinton proclaimed we’d be getting a great two-for-one deal with him and Hillary?

I like the poster that said Anne can keep Mitt well grounded. I know that dynamic works well in my marriage. My kids are proof of that.

DanMan on April 12, 2012 at 11:59 AM

There’s a trial ballon that was full of hot air and burst before ascending too high! Poor BHO and his minions can’t even change the subject without committing harakiri!

tomshup on April 12, 2012 at 12:02 PM

Cindy Munford on April 12, 2012 at 11:57 AM

I don’t have the time to follow two threads with those nutballs today.

Maybe another Romney staffer introduced buymoredanishstuff to a clue bat. Or she’s just compiling a bunch of non sequiturs, again.

cozmo on April 12, 2012 at 12:02 PM

How many of the new 380,000 jobless claims are women???

albill on April 12, 2012 at 11:53 AM

None of them but more than a few of the 380K jobless individuals are.

Happy Nomad on April 12, 2012 at 12:02 PM

Romney campaign found a little daylight here and they’re gonna exploit it as much as they can. As will some of you.
I think raising kids is hard work – whether you’re working or not working while doing it.
But please tell me they’re not now gonna try and make Ann Romney a poster child for this? I understand the desperation, but if you think Mitt has hard time looking like a ‘regular guy’, don’t now thrust Ann Romney into the same theater.
Now if you’re looking for someone who knows the travails of competitive dressage of Austrain Warmblolods…she’s good for that.

verbaluce on April 12, 2012 at 12:05 PM

Wow, the obama campaign is have michele obama tweet now. They are doing everything they can to protect their war on women.

rubberneck on April 12, 2012 at 12:07 PM

cozmo on April 12, 2012 at 11:58 AM

I get it, you mean like the Curtiss P-40 Warhawk, no?

Curtiss on April 12, 2012 at 12:07 PM

“Rosen scoffed at the notion that a stay-at-home mom of five, who also happens to be battling MS and has survived cancer, has any insight into economic concerns of women in America … ” – Ed

Excuse ME, but this garbage about “Oh the wife is sick with (fill in the blank), so she’s off-limits because she’s ill. Uh huh – like MANY Americans (and the deceased Mrs. Edwards, you may recall).
I call BS. So What if who suffers from what? When you place yourself in the public realm by campaigning, YOU are a self-admitted target.
THE issue is wifey on the stump for a metrosexual Ken Doll.
ALL of those who actively campaign for a political candidate are fair game for criticism. That said, Mrs. Romney, the Stepford Wife, should have expected same.
To be sure, raising 5 sons IS hard, but she and her military-evading hubby failed to instill an obligation in their metrosexual sons to serve their country. Instead, they ONLY served their “church”.
Ann Romney’s opinion about anything makes not one whit of difference to me – her hubby is still an idiot.

Now …
Mrs. Obama on the other hand, was handed a political patronage/affirmative action job with a well-known Chicago law firm. Moochelle refused to work on/champion the “Barney the Dinosaur” account. “I aint workin’ for no purple dinosaur”. We ALL know how the Barney brand became worth mega-bucks. And yet, she wasn’t fired. Go Figger.
The First Mooch also got another political patronage/affirmative action, obscenely high-paying job on the board of a hospital, yet did absolutely nothing as far as “work”. The ONLY “work” the Mooch did was to cozy up to radicals who advocate anarchy, racism, and the overthrow of the government.
So you see, NEITHER of the wives actually “worked” outside the home and BOTH belong to cults. And the one who allegedly DID work, was focused on dismantling the United States of America.

This “Conservatarian” will NOT vote for either of their “whipped” hubbies, but for different reasons.
~(Ä)~

Karl Magnus on April 12, 2012 at 12:08 PM

Let’s see if I have this correct.

A woman raisning her children full time is not a job….

So DEMOCRATS… a women raising her children in the evenings and on the weekends should shut up…. Their’s is no REAL job at night.

So, according to DEMS, there is no such thing as the dynamic supoer woman since raising children is not a job.

Rosen not only insulted stay-at-home moms, ROSEN actually insulted moms who work out of the home and come home to WORK with their famalies.

zdpl0a on April 12, 2012 at 12:10 PM

Wow! Now that the smoke has cleared I think we are going to get to watch the Mittbots sink their own candidate. Popcorn?

SurferDoc on April 12, 2012 at 12:11 PM

Don’t forget Obama is on record saying women are punished with babies.

Wagthatdog on April 12, 2012 at 9:23 AM

Obama’s mom was punished with a baby. And so were the rest of us.

Qzsusy on April 12, 2012 at 12:12 PM

Mrs. Romney, the Stepford Wife, should have expected same.

Karl Magnus on April 12, 2012 at 12:08 PM

LOL! You must be one of angryed’s relatives.

Del Dolemonte on April 12, 2012 at 12:12 PM

So if I’m reading this shrew right, if you decide to stay home and raise your children, you’re vacuous and brainless.

What about the woman who takes a job that a hospital created especially just for her mainly to help her further her husband’s ambition to slack off in the WretchedHive for 4 to 8 years, which for the first time made her feel proud of her country, while that job was so important they phased it out after she left for the “non-paying” job as the country’s official shrew in Washington, DC so she could throw fancy parties and vacation often and extravagantly on the taxpayer’s dime while telling those taxpayers what they can and can’t do and eat and that they have to sacrifice, while she’s having difficulty deciding which private school to send her children to and how many exotic places to visit that she can cram into a single spring break for those children all at the US taxpayer’s expense?

stukinIL4now on April 12, 2012 at 12:12 PM

So, the Sisterhood of the Traveling Rants has lost one of its loyal soldiers. Hilary, we hardly knew you!

EMD on April 12, 2012 at 12:12 PM

Curtiss on April 12, 2012 at 12:07 PM

Hold on a sec here, you use the proud name of Curtiss (with two s’) and you are not aware of Glenn Curtiss, the father of naval aviation and all around renaissance guy? But you do know about Curtiss candy company? A company that didn’t have a Curtiss as its founder.

cozmo on April 12, 2012 at 12:12 PM

Hillary Rosen just reinforces that liberal women have nothing, but hate and vitriole for what they can’t perceive. Her attack on motherhood is a definite attack on women and the family unit. The demorats have always had only racial hatred and class envy to promote the hatred of their base. Their incompetent attempt at gender warfare by using a 30 year old tool who wants somebody to pay for her contraceptives so she can be randomly be feritlized by those who she lets plant their seed is complete insanity. To attack motherhood and the family unit just reinforces that liberalism is a progressive mental disorder and their war aginst the American way of life will be exposed for what it is.

volsense on April 12, 2012 at 12:13 PM

Limbaugh teeing off on this right now…

Del Dolemonte on April 12, 2012 at 12:13 PM

H. Rosen is a PR expert????? I hope her clients see what a good job she did on this topic.

Qzsusy on April 12, 2012 at 12:13 PM

SurferDoc on April 12, 2012 at 12:11 PM

Popcorn, maybe
alcohol, definitely…again.

At this rate, I don’t think my liver can hold out until November.

cozmo on April 12, 2012 at 12:15 PM

Karl Magnus on April 12, 2012 at 12:08 PM

When did Obama serve his country before getting into politics? Did he serve in the military? Nope. He didn’t even serve his “church.”

Resist We Much on April 12, 2012 at 12:19 PM