Democrats declare war on women? Update: Frequent White House visitor?

posted at 8:41 am on April 12, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

By the time Allahpundit included this clip in his QOTD post, DNC adviser and Democratic strategist Hilary Rosen’s attack on Ann Romney had already raised eyebrows.  By the time the clocks clicked past midnight, her remarks had become so infamous that Barack Obama’s campaign leaders had to go on Twitter to toss Rosen under the proverbial bus.  Rosen scoffed at the notion that a stay-at-home mom of five, who also happens to be battling MS and has survived cancer, has any insight into economic concerns of women in America:

Rosen later wrote a “clarification” at the Huffington Post expressing her admiration for Ann Romney’s “grit” in dealing with her illnesses, but the damage had already been done. Incredibly, Rosen later complained that Ann Romney “didn’t answer my follow up tweet to her! Which I thought was respectful and sincere.”  What was Rosen’s idea of “respectful and sincere”?  How about this: “I am raising children too. But u do know that most young american women have to earn a living AND raise their kids don’t u?”

Yeah, it’s Ann Romney’s fault for not replying to such a “respectful” riposte, huh?  Rosen’s the real victim here.

The Romney campaign blasted Rosen as an “Obama adviser” (she’s tied to the DNC, not the Obama campaign) and called this “their new ‘kill Ann’ strategy and in the process insul[t] hard-working moms.”  And that had Team Obama worried enough for a couple of heavy hitters to take to Twitter late last night to do damage control.  David Axelrod, Obama’s closest adviser, tweeted: “Also Disappointed in Hilary Rosen’s comments about Ann Romney. They were inappropriate and offensive.”  Jim Messina, who runs the Obama 2012 campaign, demanded an apology from Rosen: “I could not disagree with Hilary Rosen any more strongly. Her comments were wrong and family should be off limits. She should apologize.”

It’s too late for that; the mask has already slipped.  Rosen has delivered the Left’s honest opinion about women who choose to stay home to raise their children, and unless the DNC distances themselves from her, we can assume that’s the official Democratic Party position.  If Democrats wanted to see Republicans unite behind Mitt Romney, they picked the best possible strategy to make it happen by declaring war on Ann Romney and stay-at-home moms.

Update: Democrats were quick to insist that Rosen has no role at the White House, but Jim Geraghty reports that the rebuttal seems to be more of an issue of semantics:

White House visitor logs indicate that “Hilary Rosen” visited the White House thirty-five times.

Gen. David Petraeus, head of our efforts in Iraq, Afghanistan, and the current CIA director, nine times.

Meanwhile, see if you can guess who said this in 2008?

“You know essentially, you’ve taken on sort of the most sympathetic person in the candidate’s realm, the wife, who is taking care of the children, supporting the husband, doing everything she can because she loves him … [it's a] stupid strategy.”

You get three guesses, and the first two don’t count.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 7

They don’t sleep, they hang themselves from the rafters by the feet and wait for the sun to go down.

Bishop on April 12, 2012 at 9:04 AM

Ok! My belly laugh of the day. I can go and mow the estate now.

Vince on April 12, 2012 at 9:15 AM

Progressives always look for diversity, unless it doesn’t fit with their views.
Diversity includes women who marry and stay at home with their children, women who marry and raise children while working, women who do not marry and stay at home with their children, women who do not marry and raise their children while working and so many other permutations.
Accept them all, not just the ones that fit your view of life.
I suspect that Ms. Rosen was trying to push the economic disparity button as well. Because we cannot hear enough about the fact that the Romneys are fabulously wealthy and entitled, which allowed Ann Romney to stay home with her children.

LynnB74 on April 12, 2012 at 9:15 AM

What was Rosen’s idea of “respectful and sincere”? How about this: “I am raising children too. But u do know that most young american women have to earn a living AND raise their kids don’t u?”

The response to this would have to be that “most young American women have to earn a living AND raise their kids because LIBERAL tax policies and the LIBERAL war on the family have stolen her FREEDOM OF CHOICE, whether to stay or home or not”.

AubieJon on April 12, 2012 at 9:15 AM

When she said Ann didn’t work, wasn’t she making this in reference to economics and not saying her work of raising children wasn’t work? She just meant she was never a wage earner. This was during a discussion regarding economics, after all, and not on women’s place in the world.

philoquin on April 12, 2012 at 8:53 AM

I am not being sarcastic in my reply, please understand that.

I am pro-choice. I chose to keep my pregnancies; I chose to stay home to raise and homeschool our children. Of course, not the kind of pro-choice the liberal women want to see. I have a degree that is a double major in finance and economics and am halfway through my Master’s in international economics. I put that on hold by choice because we couldn’t, at the time, afford that and raising children. We also own a business.

Talk to me, a stay at home mother, about how I probably don’t understand economics.

herm2416 on April 12, 2012 at 9:15 AM

While I agree that that’s probably what she meant to say, she should’ve said it like that.

Unfortunately, her Freudian slip is showing.

crazy_legs on April 12, 2012 at 9:16 AM

Iowahawk: “If Ann Romney was as good a mother as Hilary Rosen at public relations, she’d be Casey Anthony.”

Iowahawk is the wind beneath my wings.

HeatSeeker2011 on April 12, 2012 at 9:16 AM

Aren’t these the same Democrats who slammed Palin for NOT staying at home; not being a ‘good mother’?

michaelo on April 12, 2012 at 9:13 AM

That’s correct. And they didn’t say a word about John Edwards running for VP in 2004(after running for President a few months earlier, BTW) while having young kids and a cancer-stricken wife. There’s genuine sexism from the left on full display. Another example from yesterday was that MSDNC anchor getting into it with RNC head Reese’s Pieces(or whatever the hell his name is) over his assertion that because the GOP is predominantly pro-life, that automatically makes them anti-women.

Doughboy on April 12, 2012 at 9:16 AM

The DIMocrat “War on Women who do not fall in lockstep and monolith behind the party that wants free sex (Sandra Fluke), abortion on demand (Planned Parenthood) and fall in line behind Nancy Pelosi” with Obama leading the pack, continues apace…

If only Ann Romney had just had abortions so she could have gone into the work force… that’s what they think…

I hope they run commercials every day until NO-vember 6th on this… Every time someone trots out the Republican War on Women meme, respond in kind with an ad buy…

Just push play, its how they really feel inside… this bunch at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue need to go… NOW!!

Khun Joe on April 12, 2012 at 9:16 AM

Bishop on April 12, 2012 at 9:10 AM

Well, I was the stay at home dad before 0bama trashed the economy. I have a flexible schedule and was able to do it. Plus a close, and nearby family, to help when I have to be elsewhere.

Things were going pretty well up until 0bama trashed the economy. Now things are kind of tight. Once he took office and started on his green energy and health care, even people in Texas all of a sudden started putting off home remodeling and repairs.

Did I mention that 0bama trashed the economy.

cozmo on April 12, 2012 at 9:16 AM

Bishop on April 12, 2012 at 9:04 AM

Threadwinner…

PatriotRider on April 12, 2012 at 9:16 AM

Im waiting for Debbie Ramenhair Schultz’s comments on this.

docflash on April 12, 2012 at 9:17 AM

In the last 24 hours my perception of Mitt Romney has changed dramatically…for the good.

txhsmom on April 12, 2012 at 8:58 AM

Yes, Romney has been demonized by the MSM, as well as by the other Republican candidates, for the last year or so. A lot of people will start taking another look at him soon.

Instapundit had a good observation about Romney this morning. He pointed out that Democratic VP John Edwards had been lionized by the MSM a few years ago for pretending to stand by his wife when she was diagnosed with cancer. (Of course, as we all found out later, Edwards was carrying on an affair behind his sick wife’s back the whole time). But Mitt Romney has actually stood by his wife (for many years) through both cancer and multiple sclerosis, with barely a mention of it in the press.

AZCoyote on April 12, 2012 at 9:18 AM

Im waiting for Debbie Ramenhair Schultz’s comments on this.

docflash on April 12, 2012 at 9:17 AM

“Ramenhair” BWAHAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!

ghostwalker1 on April 12, 2012 at 9:19 AM

“family should be off limits.”

Trig Palin couldn’t be reached for comment.

the_souse on April 12, 2012 at 9:19 AM

Just to set the record straight, on HuffPo, Rosen wrote that she has 2 kids.

HeatSeeker2011 on April 12, 2012 at 9:01 AM

What a trooper…she allowed a couple of them to survive…

Electrongod on April 12, 2012 at 9:06 AM

Ms. Rosen and her former partner adopted 2 children.

LynnB74 on April 12, 2012 at 9:20 AM

ghostwalker1 on April 12, 2012 at 9:19 AM

Dang it! Now I can never eat ramen noodles again. Funny though…

ghostwalker1 on April 12, 2012 at 9:20 AM

Have we really come to the point where public discourse is limited to 140 characters or less?

And, BTW, Rosen is a worthless human being who has no right to speculate on Ann Romney whatsoever. The partisan whore is employed by the DNC to go out after Mitt Romney not Romney’s spouse. If the Obama brats are off limits so should every family member of every candidate. I am sorry for Rosen’s children that they have such a bad mother.

Happy Nomad on April 12, 2012 at 9:21 AM

I always thought it was odd the party of Bill Clinton, John Edwards, and JFK were saying someone else didn’t know how to treat women.

Wagthatdog on April 12, 2012 at 9:21 AM

When I married my husband of 25 years, he was an active duty U.S. Marine, and we decided that I would stay home with the kids and take care of the household. Because of this he was able to focus his efforts on his demanding job and not have to worry about things at home: his kids were loved and well taken care of, bills were paid, chores were done, etc. I truly feel like we are a team and our goal is/was to raise happy, functional, productive members of society. I’m happy to say that our approach has yielded us all that we hoped it would. We like to refer to our household arrangement as division of labor: we each focus on one aspect for the good of our family and because our attention/efforts are not divided, we’re able to do our parts well. This is a term I learned while studying for my BS in Economics. For this woman to say stay-at-home women do not know anything about the economy is ridiculous! Who does she think probably runs most of the household budgets!

TheSwede on April 12, 2012 at 9:22 AM

txhsmom on April 12, 2012 at 8:58 AM

Me too..

My wife is a stay home mother…
And in the near future…
I am buying an elevator for my cars….because I can….

Electrongod on April 12, 2012 at 9:03 AM

I wondered how long it would take until friends-of-Obama or the Romney-haters would start bringing up the “but Romney is rich, so Rosen’s attack was okay”.

HoosierStateofMind on April 12, 2012 at 9:22 AM

Prince One-bama’s has never worked a day in his life.

NickDeringer on April 12, 2012 at 8:51 AM

True. He hasn’t even had to work hard at becoming an epic failure. It just comes naturally to him.

Finbar on April 12, 2012 at 9:22 AM

Jeeeeeeeeez!

Debbie Wasserman Schultzitis is really contagious!!!

Hope she enjoys the view of the drive train down there.

Jack Deth on April 12, 2012 at 9:05 AM

Im waiting for Debbie Ramenhair Schultz’s comments on this.

docflash on April 12, 2012 at 9:17 AM

What’s deliciously, hilariously ironic is that Hilary Rosen and Anita Dunn were those sent to “begin giving her [DWS] occasional political advice and media training” when the WH told Debbie to “tone it down” a bit. LOL

Flora Duh on April 12, 2012 at 9:23 AM

Don’t forget Obama is on record saying women are punished with babies.

Wagthatdog on April 12, 2012 at 9:23 AM

MSDNC is doing major damage control on this issue right now.

“She is NOT affiliated with the DNC” blah blah blah……..

Rovin on April 12, 2012 at 9:23 AM

I’ve already posted this to my Facebook Page and to Twitter. I encourage you to email/post this to all of your friends and family.

The Democrats have declared War on Moms.

Question: Will President Obama make a call to Ann romney to see how she is doing after being verbally attacked by Hilary Rosen?

Rosen’s Twitter feed is @hilaryr if you care to leave her a message.

GadsdenRattlers on April 12, 2012 at 9:24 AM

women attacking women? working moms vs stay at home moms?

I hope Rush doesn’t ask for wet t-shirt contest!

Can.I.be.in.the.middle on April 12, 2012 at 9:24 AM

Are leftists really trying to make Romney palatable by highlighting what absolute garbage the left of today are?

MNHawk on April 12, 2012 at 9:25 AM

I know it’s bad for my health.
And I know God wants me to be kind and forgiving–but I actually despise most liberals/Democrats/MSM.

They have become 100x’s worse since Obama came along.

They send out a lowly willing idiot to attack Palin’s family or Ann Romney then the big shots come out to throw the idiot under the bus.

Not fooling anyone except other idiots.
Bunch of creeps all of them.

bailey24 on April 12, 2012 at 9:26 AM

It won’t be long until the criminally insane left attacks the Romney children. It’s their nature.

Finbar on April 12, 2012 at 9:26 AM

Don’t forget the “other Hillary” scoffing at stay at home moms, saying they “bake cookies and drink tea.”

DrStock on April 12, 2012 at 8:49 AM

Oh, you mean the stand-by-your-man Hillary.

Eren on April 12, 2012 at 9:26 AM

BTW – where’s DWS on this issue? I think I’ve heard her use the “War on Women” phrase to attack the GOP about a thousand times.

HoosierStateofMind on April 12, 2012 at 9:27 AM

Remember, Ms. Rosen:

Keep your words soft and sweet…someday you may have to eat them.

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on April 12, 2012 at 9:27 AM

Yeah, stay-at-home moms don’t understand the economy…

Shove it, Hilary. Oops, that wasn’t very ladylike. Meh.

Fallon on April 12, 2012 at 9:05 AM

…good for you!…If it wasn’t for my wife who quit working to raise our three kids…my kids would be f’d up and running with the OWS crowd, and we’d be broke and occupying their tents!
Don’t feel bad about “Oops”ing Hilary…I’ll do it for you!… Shove it UP your Hass Hilary!

KOOLAID2 on April 12, 2012 at 9:28 AM

Yep. The old liberal mindset that females have to earn a paycheck to be “valued” in society was on display in this attack on Ann Romney.

Happy Nomad on April 12, 2012 at 9:28 AM

Found this from Ralph E. Shaffer and Walter P. Coombs:

What is Palin’s disqualifying burden?

If ever there was a valid argument that a mother should be home with her kids instead of playing politics, this is it. For starters, she has an infant with Down syndrome. What family-oriented mother would willingly choose the demanding and extremely busy life of vice president when faced with the needs of her own child?

No one is asking Palin to give up her career. She may very well be able to carry on as governor of Alaska… She doesn’t need a job to support her family. She’s not a single mother, and her husband earns good pay.

Conservative women, damned if they do, damned if they don’t

Fallon on April 12, 2012 at 9:28 AM

Got to hand it to the Washington Post…..right now, this story’s still on their front page headlines online.

Rovin on April 12, 2012 at 9:28 AM

If she had left it as an economic argument, that Mrs. Romney is quite wealthy and although she probably means well she can’t really understand the struggles of a woman who’s living paycheck to paycheck, she actually would have had an effective attack. But then she had to accuse a mother of “never work[ing] a day in her life.” And stepping on that particular land mine could single-handedly derail the Democrats’ “war on women” rhetoric which, up to this point had been moderately successful.

PerceptorII on April 12, 2012 at 9:29 AM

It’s too late for that; the mask has already slipped. Rosen has delivered the Left’s honest opinion about women who choose to stay home to raise their children,

Seems to me that the Dems are engaged in a war on women who give birth. Liberals like to scream that the GOP is engaged in a war on women, but even assuming that’s the case, you could argue that the GOP is engaged in the defense of another–unborn children. In contrast, Dems are simply engaged in unprovoked attacks.

BuckeyeSam on April 12, 2012 at 9:30 AM

MSDNC is doing major damage control on this issue right now.

“She is NOT affiliated with the DNC” blah blah blah……..

Rovin on April 12, 2012 at 9:23 AM

Like the DNC is the only organization that represents the party? She’s a Democrat strategerist. She’s been to the White House 35 times. She’s been photographed sitting next to David Axelrat. And she was on CNN speaking for the Democrat Party and presumably the Obama campaign since the topics were the War on Women and Mitt Romney.

I’m not saying Obama or one of his surrogates told her to say this, but it’s gonna cause him headaches regardless.

Doughboy on April 12, 2012 at 9:30 AM

I honestly don’t know how they sleep at night.

RPL on April 12, 2012 at 8:52 AM

They sleep at night because they actually believe that the GOP is evil and anything they have to do to defeat them is justifiable including attacking mothers, children with Downs Syndrome etc. They are sick, deluded people.

eyedoc on April 12, 2012 at 9:31 AM

Fallon on April 12, 2012 at 9:28 AM

Gold

mankai on April 12, 2012 at 9:32 AM

That was a profound insult not just for at-home moms, but for their families. This is an insult to the husbands (or in some cases wives) who go to work every day earning a paycheck so the other parent can raise the children. My ex used to joke that he had it easier because he only had to work 50 hours a week. Raising my kids is the best job I’ve ever had.

redmama on April 12, 2012 at 9:33 AM

I’ve always said if I want someone else to raise my kids i’d @#%@ them.

Wagthatdog on April 12, 2012 at 9:35 AM

Democratic zealot morons “the gift that keeps on giving” Okay I am behind Romney now 100%.
Hey Boys, not working out like you WH idiots envisioned?
BWAHAHAHAHAA !!!

stormridercx4 on April 12, 2012 at 9:35 AM

I don’t beleive this. Erick Ericson of Redstate is semi defending this woman. He says she didn’t mean it the way it was interpreted. the way he was actually there at cnn when she said it and didn’t call her out.

sheesh

gerrym51 on April 12, 2012 at 9:35 AM

And of course on the video Paul Begala looks like a boob nodding in the affirmative. Is that the normal ratio on a CNN show, 3 libs (including the host) to 1 Conservative?

Marcus on April 12, 2012 at 9:36 AM

Move over Debbie Wasserman Schultz, there’s a new sheriff of teh stupid in town and her name is Hilary Rosen.

cicerone on April 12, 2012 at 9:37 AM

Coming to a Romney campaign ad near you, Hillary Rosen “Obama Adviser”.

Zaggs on April 12, 2012 at 9:37 AM

Rovin on April 12, 2012 at 9:28 AM

Finally top & center on Fox…

PatriotRider on April 12, 2012 at 9:38 AM

sheesh

gerrym51 on April 12, 2012 at 9:35 AM

I can believe it. He’s still afflicted with anti-Romney paranoia. It’s sad but curable. He just needs to grow up.

cicerone on April 12, 2012 at 9:38 AM

Twitter feeds at the Wapo article:

Rosen tweets:

When I said @AC360 Ann Romney never worked I meant she never had to care for her kids AND earn a paycheck like MOST American women! #Truth

I’ve nothing against @AnnRomney. I just don’t want Mitt using her as an expert on women struggling $ to support their family. She isn’t.

Ann Romney:

I made a choice to stay home and raise five boys. Believe me, it was hard work.

Rosen:

@AnnDRomney Please know, I admire you. But your husband shouldn’t say you are his expert on women and the economy. #HeNeedsMore

Ann’s just as much “an expert” on the economy as Michelle is on eating peas.

Rovin on April 12, 2012 at 9:39 AM

Marcus on April 12, 2012 at 9:36 AM

Liberals can’t outsmart the conservative, so CNN includes more liberals to suck up more of the airtime.

BuckeyeSam on April 12, 2012 at 9:39 AM

Okay, all is fair now. Let’s examine Michelle Obama’s work and pay record. Accomplishments, directives, personel decisions, staff management records, etc. Let’s see who did what and where.

You want to bring the kids in too?

DanMan on April 12, 2012 at 9:40 AM

Conservative women, damned if they do, damned if they don’t

Fallon on April 12, 2012 at 9:28 AM

Good morning.

Michell Malkin posted this at 1:25 a.m.

The Left’s war on conservative women: We’re damned if we do stay home, and damned if we don’t

Flora Duh on April 12, 2012 at 9:41 AM

Rosen is an idiot. What a lame comment and an insult to women.

karlinsync on April 12, 2012 at 9:41 AM

Looks like the Democrat National Committee (DNC) has declared :

“WAR ON MOMS”!!!

Ref: DNC adviser and Democratic strategist Hilary Rosen’s attack on Ann Romney.

BigSven on April 12, 2012 at 9:41 AM

She and they knew…she has done her part. Dummos will actually start believing her. Nothing happens by accident.

tomas on April 12, 2012 at 9:42 AM

Rosen has twins with Elizabeth Birch, with whom she separated in 2006. She was in 2004 the interim director for the Human Rights Campaign, a leading gay/lesbian/bisexual/transgender lobbyist organization.

PatriotRider on April 12, 2012 at 9:42 AM

We shouldn’t be buying into the left’s premise of collectivism. They’re constantly trying to divide us into groups and play us off against each other. Divide and conquer

steve123 on April 12, 2012 at 9:43 AM

You want to bring the kids in too?

DanMan

Yeah, what was her job again? Member of the board on her hubby’s pet projects that he lavished taxpayer money on?

Zaggs on April 12, 2012 at 9:43 AM

Ms Rosen, how many Welfare Mom’s, that have 5 kids and “never worked a day in their lives”, have paid taxes this last year?

TulsAmerican on April 12, 2012 at 9:43 AM

I get the implication, but that makes it even worse.

So Ann Romney only has value to the society if she’s out being a wage earner and letting someone else raise her five boys? I find this to be the most distrubing societal implication of all.

itsspideyman on April 12, 2012 at 9:43 AM

A promising start to getting all of Obamas shills tossed under the bus. He surrounds himself with such trash.

BettyRuth on April 12, 2012 at 9:44 AM

I could have been a SAHM, but chose to work part time, it was the best balance for me and my family. Being home is MUCH more work, I’ll tell you that. There’s no one way to raise a family, but I can’t think of one that doesn’t involve a ton of work and sacrifice.

Violina23 on April 12, 2012 at 9:44 AM

Mitt should vigorously defend his wife, who is a cancer and MS survivor and great person. Highlight your humble beginnings together, Mitt.

Philly on April 12, 2012 at 9:44 AM

Don’t actually watch the clip if you want to keep down breakfast.

GeorgieGirl9 on April 12, 2012 at 9:45 AM

All you need is a male friend and a turkey baster, unless you want to pay the fertility clinic.

Wethal on April 12, 2012 at 9:14 AM

Wow, sounds romantic. I hope they wait until the turkey is cooked first.

Cherokee on April 12, 2012 at 9:46 AM

cicerone on April 12, 2012 at 9:38 AM

No, he’s intent on not losing his face time on the boob tube. CNN came in 30th after MSNBC 27th in the ratings. The real question is what kind of exposure does he really think he’s achieving? I don’t have a high opinion of Erickson. He’s easily swayed, depending on what’s trending. He’s more than a little stiff on screen when I have watched him. If CNN has him on as the token conservative republican to reinforce the stereotype of the Republican party being Stiff White Males, well okay it’s working.

CNN has on someone from Blaze all the time Will Cain contributor to the Blaze. Cain is less stiff, and he pushes back against the liberals in the forum.

Dr Evil on April 12, 2012 at 9:49 AM

Meow, the liberals really have me hissing this morning, Mittens here. I don’t usually like the name, but I recognize it in myself today.

1. Mrs. Clinton had absorbed the ability to be President by Osmosis by living in the West Wing. By Obama administration standards, Mrs. Romney must spend her time on vacation in Spain and Hawaii and worries only about nutrition. Certainly she has not paid attention to anything serious her husband has had to say these forty years…

2. Most Democrat women don’t mind the government daddy giving them/ or someone they know a check to stay at home, because they “deserve” it. But if your family earns your own money, you shouldn’t stay home with your kids, that is to be made fun of.

3. To say that women should work, or ought to work or it’s ok if mother’s work, is not to say that Men should not have a job, should not support their own children, are let off the hook, or should be punished for centuries of Men getting the jobs first. That is what the Obama new normal is, Dad’s who would like a job/ a better job.

4. I have worked with Liberal women, who have decided amongst themselves in talking in front of me at work, that I did not “need” a promotion, because my husband had a good job, bought me a car, sent my kids to private school etc. etc. and that the young women, single mothers Needed the promotion more. How in Hell is THAT feminism?

5. I cannot afford to work under these marginal tax rates because when I bring home a low wage check, it is taxed like I make $150K and unlike the “single mothers” who work for the same money, no one gives me back an Earned Income welfare credit, to help me pay for the gas or subsidize that the taxes take such a huge bite out of a tiny paycheck. I guess I would rather spend my time, if I am not going to end up with any pay, doing something I want to do.

6. Just to make the figures grounded in reality, we added $17K to our income, and paid $7K more in federal taxes, and even though you max out on SS on one income, the wife has to pay again. Why does a wife want to work for 8 thousand dollars if she has kids at home? Supposedly their is no marriage penalty, but in reality a job outside the home is a luxury. You need take out food, house cleaning services, a nanny, someone to do the laundry, who will drive the kids to their things? Snobby, I know. It USED to be called The Middle Class. Now Obama calls welfare families the middle class and gets them free cell phones and internet access.

7. The same liberals who did not think women with husbands with good jobs needed a promotion, make excuses for why they have cleaning ladies clean their house. “My husband is too busy to contribute to the housekeeping, so HE is the reason he had to hire a cleaning lady.” But say you want to be with your own kids at home, and they find every jealous reason to justify why their kids with absentee parents or nannies are just fine, better off than your kids.

Well, I feel better now. God Bless Ann Romney.

And one more thing, we NEED our damb Big vehicle so our kids can all ride around in the same damb car with all the car seats and booster seats and have room to put our stuff. You can’t have a real life in a Yaris or a FIT. And stop counting our footprints!!!!

Fleuries on April 12, 2012 at 9:51 AM

Haven’t read the rest of the posts here, so this may be a rerun-

While we’re talking about “working a day in their life”, has anyone checked out the supposed “career” of the stuttering, mincing dolt currently infesting our White House?

This purported “constitutional lecturer” wasn’t aware that the Supreme Court adjudicated on the constitutionality of laws, and squandering millions in public funds with no result (both altgeld gardens and the annenburg challenge) is hardly work.

That dunce ain’t worked a day in his life, so who is rosen trying to fool?

GrassMudHorsey on April 12, 2012 at 9:51 AM

Ann Romney will be the best First Lady, ever.

claudius on April 12, 2012 at 9:51 AM

Ann’s just as much “an expert” on the economy as Michelle is on eating peas.

Rovin on April 12, 2012 at 9:39 AM

Romney said this: “My wife has the occasion, as you know, to campaign on her own and also with me, and she reports to me regularly that the issue women care about most is the economy.”

And her twisted Liberal logic it meant this:

“@AnnDRomney Please know, I admire you. But your husband shouldn’t say you are his expert on women and the economy.”

*shakes head*

Oh yeah, Rosen doubled down last night with an article at CNN.

Ann Romney and working moms

Flora Duh on April 12, 2012 at 9:52 AM

The democratic strategists can’t even believe what they are saying any more. Look at their faces. They look like they have cat pooh in their mouths.

aniptofar on April 12, 2012 at 9:56 AM

Spend a week at home taking care of 5 kids. I guarantee by the following Monday you will be ready to go back to “work” and get some rest.

Marcus Traianus on April 12, 2012 at 9:56 AM

Yep. You can start with the fake job Michelle Obama had at the University of Chicago that paid over $300,000 a year which magically doesn’t exist anymore now that Michelle is living in the White House.

eyedoc on April 12, 2012 at 9:56 AM

Rosen’s ‘welcome to twitter lol’ comment to Ann was horribly condescending and obviously phony.

fossten on April 12, 2012 at 9:58 AM

Wow, Dems Declare War on Moms and Mrs. Romney all at once?

So, In their minds Mothers who work at home are ignorant AND stupid.

And this from one of Zero’s advisers.

If I were Romney’s team I’d be busy making an ad…

dogsoldier on April 12, 2012 at 9:59 AM

Note to Hilary Rosen: Giving birth to a child, which you never have done, is VERY hard work.

rivlax on April 12, 2012 at 9:59 AM

Oh and 35 times visiting Obama at The White House?

My guess is Hilary has a pretty good sense of what Obama really thinks (in private of course) about women.

Marcus Traianus on April 12, 2012 at 10:00 AM

Fleuries on April 12, 2012 at 9:51 AM

I applaud your post, Fleuries!

Cherokee on April 12, 2012 at 10:01 AM

What a gift. Michelle Malkin tweeted – By attacking @AnnDRomney, @hilaryr managed to do what hadn’t been poss. before tonight: Uniting the Right behind Romney. Heckuva job, Hil. @michellemalkin

BobScuba on April 12, 2012 at 10:01 AM

We’re back to dividing people into groups women who work vs women who stay home. Women play right into it. I think it will backfire. Ann is a very classy woman and she can handle it. Moms buy the groceries they put gas in the car they sit at the kitchen table and make tough decisions on spending they care for elderly parents they deal with healthcare they gave hopes and dreams for their children. The message should be how the economy is affecting families. Thats a winning message. They can try to marginalize Ann but it wont work.

ldbgcoleman on April 12, 2012 at 10:04 AM

Violina23 on April 12, 2012 at 9:44 AM

That’s really the crux of the matter and why the Dems are having to do damage control over what should have been a friendly interview. Ms. Rosen decided to “go there” and question how Mitt and Ann Romney raised their family.

Happy Nomad on April 12, 2012 at 10:04 AM

White House visitor logs indicate that “Hilary Rosen” visited the White House thirty-five times.

Rosen’s GF is Randi Weingarten, former head of the AFT (villain of the movie Waiting for Superman). This is germane:

A lifelong Democrat, Weingarten is a member of the Democratic National Committee (DNC).

She addressed the Democrat National Convention in 2008.

Buy Danish on April 12, 2012 at 10:04 AM

TheSwede on April 12, 2012 at 9:22 AM

Exactly. My husband makes the money but I pay the bills. I put gas in the car. I take our children to the doctor and pay the co pays. I know when the price of groceries is on the rise. I know when my budget is being hurt by the rising price of gas. I know when Christmas is going to be modest and when vacations aren’t possible.

magicbeans on April 12, 2012 at 10:05 AM

BobScuba on April 12, 2012 at 10:01 AM

In America, making War on Mom is a very bad move. Dems despise Moms who work at home.

dogsoldier on April 12, 2012 at 10:05 AM

Ann Romney will be the best First Lady, ever.

claudius on April 12, 2012 at 9:51 AM

I’m guessing she has always been proud of her nation too, not just when they elect radical commies.

Happy Nomad on April 12, 2012 at 10:06 AM

Flora Duh on April 12, 2012 at 9:41 AM

Wow. Thanks for that link. Seems I’m in very good company.

Fallon on April 12, 2012 at 10:06 AM

Well, my mom raised all ten of us, and essentially by herself. She did far more as a stay at home mom than most people do who go off to their 9 to 5′s. The idea that Ann Romney and other moms need a paycheck to actually “work”, or to know how the economy works, is beyond offensive.

changer1701 on April 12, 2012 at 10:07 AM

When you’ve been publicly scolded by the likes of Axelrod, who we all know doesn’t find many things to be off limits, you know you’ve gone too far. Is this line of attack something in the dem strategy to win the election? If so, more please.

scalleywag on April 12, 2012 at 10:08 AM

Happy Nomad on April 12, 2012 at 10:06 AM

and i bet she’ll never tell me what to eat either. plus, she doesn’t have a constant scowl on her face. win-win!

GhoulAid on April 12, 2012 at 10:10 AM

This woman is the poster child for the Modern Democrat Party.

Now if the RNC and Mitt and Ann Romney were Democrats this
story would linger for some time….and get plenty of mileage
in the media. We all know this will never see the light of day
in the media, and it will be forgotten soon enough….

What the Romney campaign should be doing at this time is
stockpiling all this rhetoric for the Fall. Every single
accusation the Omama campaign makes against Romney could be
met with a boomerang ad…..the question is, what type of
campaigner is Mitt Romney??

ToddPA on April 12, 2012 at 10:11 AM

Dems just don’t like breeders. I know, as I have been referred to as such by them. Usually though they don’t say it out loud where people who might not agree with them are listening.

txmomof6 on April 12, 2012 at 10:12 AM

This is like an early Christmas present from democrats. They were winning the battle for women, and Romney was unlikable. And then they go and attack Ann Romney, which makes Romney more likable, and throw stay-at-home mom’s under the bus.

You know its bad when the chief puppet master, David Axelrod, has to get involved to try to put out the fire.

We salute you Hilary Rosen, for saying what most clueless liberal women, like yourself, really feel about women.

milcus on April 12, 2012 at 10:12 AM