Quotes of the day

posted at 10:44 pm on April 11, 2012 by Allahpundit

“Rick Santorum’s decision Tuesday to suspend his campaign effectively ends the GOP nomination fight. But it doesn’t mark the start of the general election between Mitt Romney and Barack Obama. That contest has long been under way. Mr. Obama’s speech to the Associated Press last week and two appearances in Florida on Tuesday provide a glimpse of the low road the president and his campaign likely will take.

“He will distort beyond recognition his opponent’s arguments. For example, he explained to news executives at the AP that Republicans want to ‘convert more of our investments in education and research and health care into tax cuts—especially for the wealthy.’ Actually, no one has suggested that.

“No honest differences are possible with Mr. Obama. He will impugn the motives of any who disagree with him.”

***

“Now, in the face of mounting attacks from Democrats and the Obama campaign, Mr. Romney is taking steps to address [the] gender gap head on. In the past week, his campaign has devised a three-pronged strategy, which it finalized Tuesday night, advisers familiar with the internal discussions said. They will try to debunk the notion that Mr. Romney’s policies have hurt women, turn the criticism back on Mr. Obama and outline how they believe women have suffered under his administration, and brand those issues in a memorable way…

“As the Romney campaign pivots to the general election, his aides will reintroduce him to voters, warming up his image by emphasizing his role as a devoted father and husband. Mr. Romney’s wife, Ann, has already made several Web videos that feature her reminiscences, along with gauzy family photos; voters are likely to see more of these. Mrs. Romney will also increase her campaign appearances; she has already begun to talk about how women tell her that they care deeply about the economy, where the campaign wants to keep its focus. Polls showed that as the Republican primary campaign dragged on, Mr. Romney began losing support with women, who may have been put off by the nominating contest’s focus on social issues like Planned Parenthood, immigration and contraception.

“‘Women voters are pocketbook voters, and the highest casualties of President Obama’s failures on the economy have been among women,’ said Eric Fehrnstrom, a senior adviser to Mr. Romney, a former governor of Massachusetts.”

***

“Rick Santorum had been the last best hope of Christian conservatives who opposed Mitt Romney, derided by many as a ‘Massachusetts moderate.’ Now, facing the abrupt end of Mr. Santorum’s presidential bid, some evangelical leaders have begun to rally behind Mr. Romney, saying their shared hostility toward President Obama will be a powerful force for uniting the party in November…

“Mr. Romney, a range of evangelical leaders said, must not waver in his support for conservative principles if he hopes to tap the energies of Christian conservatives in the general campaign…

“‘Going to the general election, I will do everything I can for Governor Romney,’ [Gary Bauer] said.

“‘But his campaign has got to make it easy for me to help them,’ he added, ‘and not make it hard by being tempted to pull back on conservative issues.’”

***

“Some high-profile conservatives are warning Romney not to marginalize Santorum.

“‘If they want to be successful, they have to figure out a way to incorporate him into the campaign,’ said Family Research Council head Tony Perkins, noting that Santorum ‘could’ve held this thing out even longer.’…

“But even before Santorum left Gettysburg on Tuesday, some senior Republicans were fretting about the specter of Tampa being hijacked by one of the losing candidates and their supporters.

“‘We can’t let somebody who’s a better performer upstage Romney,’ said one influential party leader, recalling GOP conventions in 1976 (Ronald Reagan) and 1992 (Pat Buchanan) when the nominee’s message was stepped on by his chief primary opponent. ‘We can’t have another shrill speech like what Pat did in 1992 with our gender gap.’”

***

“Most political professionals, including many Republicans, think that President Obama will win reëlection handily — and this belief is reflected in the betting markets. At Ladbroke’s, the British bookmaker, the odds on an Obama victory are four-to-nine, which means you have to bet ninety dollars to win forty. These odds imply that the chance of Obama winning is about sixty-nine per cent. At Intrade, an online-trading exchange, the implied probability of an Obama victory is a bit lower, but only a bit: sixty-one per cent.

“Despite having been an early proponent of the view that things were shifting in Obama’s direction, I am reluctant to embrace the new conventional wisdom that the result is virtually a foregone conclusion. If the past few months have taught us anything, it is that things can change pretty rapidly in American politics. Unlike Walter Mondale in 1984 or Bob Dole in 1996, Romney isn’t a complete no-hoper. According to a new poll from ABC News and the Washington Post, three in four Americans still think that the economy is in recession, and, by a margin of four percentage points, voters trust Romney more than Obama to handle the economy.

“Clearly, though, there has been a turn. Back in October, Obama’s approval ratings were languishing in the low forties; head-to-head polls showed him lagging Romney in many battleground states, such as Florida; and the unemployment rate stood at 9.1 per cent. Since then, what a reversal of fortune we’ve seen.”

***

“Conservative primary voters are more discriminating than ever, looking seriously at the flaws of old heroes like Gingrich and new saviors like Rick Perry. They are more willing to keep the primary contest going than before. All they need is a candidate to lead them.

“What if that candidate, come 2016 or 2020, is a current rather than former elected official? Someone with no votes for Medicare Part D or No Child Left Behind in his record? Someone who has governed, without tax increases or TARP bailouts? The bench will not be as depleted from the Bush years next time.

“By winning 11 primaries and caucuses, Rick Santorum was the most successful conservative insurgent since Ronald Reagan in 1976. But that still isn’t good enough. The right is seeking to emulate Reagan in 1980 instead.”

***

“Guess what? His wife has never actually worked a day in her life. She’s never really dealt with the economic issues that a majority of the women in this country are facing—in terms of how do we feed our kids, how do we send them to school, and how do—why we worry about their future. So I think it’s, yes, it’s about these positions, and yes there will be a war of words about the positions, but there’s something much more fundamental about Mitt Romney—he just seems so old-fashioned when it comes to women, and I think that comes across, and I think that’s going to hurt him over the long term. He just doesn’t really see us as equal.”

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Who was Poptech? Major troll or sumthin’.

SparkPlug on April 11, 2012 at 11:58 PM

That name has been a while. I can’t remember for sure but I thought he was major in the tank for Romney back in 08? Maybe I’m confusing him with someone else.

Kelligan on April 12, 2012 at 12:00 AM

Bmore on April 11, 2012 at 11:58 PM

It went after cozmo? Nobody does that and lives, well except for Twerp. I think Lanceman and Cozmo are going to get her some day when she is not lookin’. But they might lose.

hehe.

SparkPlug on April 12, 2012 at 12:00 AM

cozmo, come back and explain to me why you had to walk him to the door when he had been banned earlier?

Bmore on April 12, 2012 at 12:00 AM

Has anyone been following the funny Gawker Fox Mole story?

Cindy Munford on April 11, 2012 at 11:45 PM

RScoop is reporting that Fox has relieved an associate producer of BOR..

d1carter on April 11, 2012 at 11:54 PM

You mean it’s not Geraldo?

arnold ziffel on April 12, 2012 at 12:00 AM

Two thoughts. They are libs, they can’t help it. They believe their nonsense or like to cause trouble. They also have no filter, something I have to watch carefully my own self.

arnold ziffel on April 11, 2012 at 11:58 PM

Good points!..:)

Dire Straits on April 12, 2012 at 12:01 AM

Kelligan on April 12, 2012 at 12:00 AM

Thanks for the poop on Poptech. Your name is cool.

SparkPlug on April 12, 2012 at 12:01 AM

MontanaMmmm on April 11, 2012 at 11:58 PM

I saw that at Treacher’s. His big insider scoops where laughable. He’ll probably get a million dollar advance to write a book.

Cindy Munford on April 12, 2012 at 12:01 AM

Seven Percent Solution on April 12, 2012 at 12:00 AM

: )

Bmore on April 12, 2012 at 12:02 AM

Well I’m late again,
Happy B’day predator, if you see this in the morning, gnight Canopfor if you see this in the morning.

I hate working late, I miss everything ………. so the other moron got it today, huh, to bad, I wanted to see it.

angrymike on April 12, 2012 at 12:02 AM

Wow are we ever doomed.

The economy stinks to high heaven.

But only 4% trust Romney more than Obama.

Since the economy seems to be improving at a snails pace come November that will be to Obama’s advantage.

Really how in Hades do we select such an unelectable man.

Steveangell on April 11, 2012 at 11:33 PM

This is a poll of “all adults” – nearly a third aren’t even registered to vote – with a D+11 sample. They still can’t drag Obama to popularity.

If you had a better candidate than Romney, the time to get him or her in the race was last summer. None of those who made it to January could have done better against Obama than he will.

Adjoran on April 12, 2012 at 12:02 AM

MontanaMmmm on April 11, 2012 at 11:45 PM

Good one..Hello..:)

Dire Straits on April 12, 2012 at 12:02 AM

Yeah a flaming leftist without a patriotic bone in his body, but still a good guy.

Bishop on April 11, 2012 at 11:55 PM

As The Most Recently Departed would say (and did, once):

YOU are a freaking sick idiot!!!
0bamaderangementsyndrom on April 5, 2012 at 11:25 PM

***waves*** @ liberal4life & 0bamaderangementsydrom : Can’t say I miss either of you two, poopypants!

ExpressoBold on April 12, 2012 at 12:03 AM

You mean it’s not Geraldo?

arnold ziffel on April 12, 2012 at 12:00 AM

No, darn it, it’s someone even more stupid. I bet you didn’t think you’d ever read those words. Although drawing a map of soldier’s location still is my number one dumb media trick.

Cindy Munford on April 12, 2012 at 12:03 AM

Sparkplug
yep I think twerp will take them both out, I think she’s packin heavy heat…….

angrymike on April 12, 2012 at 12:04 AM

Thanks for the poop on Poptech. Your name is cool.

SparkPlug on April 12, 2012 at 12:01 AM

Thanks, I stole it from a buddy when we used to MUD back in the early 90s =)

Kelligan on April 12, 2012 at 12:05 AM

Bmore on April 11, 2012 at 11:51 PM

I think they just deleted the offending comment, he was running his mouth for a while because Ed was doing his radio show.

Cindy Munford on April 12, 2012 at 12:06 AM

Sorry I have been remiss the last couple of days, but work has kept me busy. Have I missed anything out of the ordinary?

uncommon sense on April 12, 2012 at 12:06 AM

Who was Poptech? Major troll or sumthin’.

SparkPlug on April 11, 2012 at 11:58 PM

Now known as Jailbreak. Anyone seen that one lately?

JPeterman on April 12, 2012 at 12:06 AM

We Will Never Have A Conservative Nominee As Long As The Bush Era Apparatchiks are Running the Republican Party and Every Beltway Class Republican since the 1960′s is Tight With Non-Conservative Bush Family, which is why I advocate a Conservative Party Now! Ed Gillespie and Karl Rove are going to be around for a while and so will the Bush hitmen that populate the conservative media the kind that took shots at Palin from day one. They think they can outgun Conservatives. It is time for the Civil War!

CoolChange80 on April 12, 2012 at 12:07 AM

Come November, I’m voting for the John Kerry of the R party for the win!!!

Gohawgs on April 12, 2012 at 12:07 AM

Alright cozmo, I’m up to where Schadenfreude came and told me about it. Why in the heII didn’t you get rid of DBear?

Bmore on April 12, 2012 at 12:08 AM

Cindy Mumford
what thread, did he get the hammer? He knew his days were limited, he said so yesterday!

angrymike on April 12, 2012 at 12:09 AM

Now known as Jailbreak. Anyone seen that one lately?

JPeterman on April 12, 2012 at 12:06 AM

Still in HALimboGitmo I believe.

Bmore on April 12, 2012 at 12:09 AM

Bishop on April 11, 2012 at 11:35 PM

While not ignoring your obvious snark, I thought it was too long and too boring. And why do people keep thinking we are in need of a hall monitor?

Cindy Munford on April 11, 2012 at 11:44 PM

…well before the open announced regs…you didn’t need a hall monitor. I would read you veterans all the time and watch you debate each other in a civil manner….crr6…ernesto…chudi….csobsession etc. were/are not the POS (pardon me)…that fill the threads now. You…all the Hawks, Dire, ,,,well you know who!…are all different but would have good points to make when a topic would have you poking each other with sticks…only to have you same folks bandaging up each other and joining together on another topic. These new ones just come in to stab and run. The only time you get to debate each other, is when I see some of you vets just going around their(troll dung) posts in the same thread, and continue your conversations. You didn’t used to have to cipher through the thread so much, to follow your conversations.

KOOLAID2 on April 12, 2012 at 12:09 AM

Cindy Munford on April 12, 2012 at 12:03 AM

He cheated me out of two hours of my life plus his drivel on O’Reilly. When he said he would spit on Michelle Malkin and FOX and O’Reilly did nothing I was done with them.
If I was Michelle’s husband he’d have some issues to deal with. Like how do you eat steak through a straw?

arnold ziffel on April 12, 2012 at 12:09 AM

Gohawgs on April 12, 2012 at 12:07 AM

I heard on radio about the bad news in Hog nation..:(

Dire Straits on April 12, 2012 at 12:10 AM

Cindy Munford on April 12, 2012 at 12:06 AM

Yeah, but Ed said comment deleted 0sndome has been banned and then he just kept running his mouth. Did you ever find out why they get to post in the headline threads? Some of them anyway.

Bmore on April 12, 2012 at 12:11 AM

Ernesto is lying low because he doesn’t want The Eye to give him the hammer too.

Every once in a while ernie has a meltdown and goes crazy, but somehow survives the culling. He’s like a cat, a leftist cat.

Bishop on April 12, 2012 at 12:11 AM

Yea, FOX says they know who it is.

That’s the last I’ve heard.

idesign on April 11, 2012 at 11:49 PM

GAWKER admits he’s found and fired,.. some low level tool that worked on O’Reilly’s show. And his great insider scoops seem to be about things like bathroom quality and Hannity’s tie selection..

I’m sure FOX was devastated at the news..

to make matters even more lame,.. the guy writes this about himself,,

I am a weasel, a traitor, a sell-out and every bad word you can throw at me… but as of today, I am free, and I am ready to tell my story,

Considering the average GAWKER reader has the IQ of a turnip.. why did they even bother?

mark81150 on April 12, 2012 at 12:12 AM

freaking loathe democrats.

blatantblue on April 12, 2012 at 12:13 AM

Bmore on April 12, 2012 at 12:11 AM

He got whacked after Ed’s show was over, that’s why he was able to keep posting.

JPeterman on April 12, 2012 at 12:13 AM

Rosen keeps digging on HuffPo…

d1carter on April 12, 2012 at 12:13 AM

It is time for the Civil War!

CoolChange80 on April 12, 2012 at 12:07 AM

Could you please just wait until Jan 2013? Let’s see what our options are after Nov. I want to have one last nice summer and Christmas before we go to the mattresses. Plus I need to get the HE and WP rounds ready.

arnold ziffel on April 12, 2012 at 12:14 AM

Oh this is so worth the extra reading Cyndy up against DBear. Smart money is on Cyndy.

Bmore on April 12, 2012 at 12:15 AM

Bmore on April 12, 2012 at 12:11 AM

AP and Ed don’t usually delete all of the “offender’s” comments, just the that got them in trouble. So, it can look as though the banned commenter is still posting…If that makes sense

Gohawgs on April 12, 2012 at 12:15 AM

arnold ziffel on April 12, 2012 at 12:09 AM

Three words..

A

l Capone’s Vault..

Greatest debacle reality news ever suffered, was at Geraldo’s hands.. yet, he still has a job in front of a camera… why?

mark81150 on April 12, 2012 at 12:16 AM

I heard on radio about the bad news in Hog nation..:(

Dire Straits on April 12, 2012 at 12:10 AM

51 + 25 = a loss of $3.5M…It’s the new math

Gohawgs on April 12, 2012 at 12:16 AM

Arnold ziffel
I been ready, just pray it never comes to that……..

angrymike on April 12, 2012 at 12:17 AM

You mean it’s not Geraldo?

arnold ziffel on April 12, 2012 at 12:00 AM

Nope, I thought it was Shep…well I was hoping anyway.

d1carter on April 12, 2012 at 12:17 AM

arnold ziffel on April 12, 2012 at 12:14 AM

WTH ??????
Do you mean the “mats?” ‘Cause I am not going to no mattress with a ‘RAT, know what I mean?
Ah-nuld! Dell me dat yuuu nooo wad ah meen!

ExpressoBold on April 12, 2012 at 12:18 AM

JPeterman on April 12, 2012 at 12:13 AM

Then why is the timeline like this?

[Comment deleted, user banned -- Ed]

0bamaderangementsyndrom on April 11, 2012 at 3:11 PM

Bmore on April 12, 2012 at 12:18 AM

Rosen keeps digging on HuffPo…

d1carter on April 12, 2012 at 12:13 AM

Wow, another dem hottie. Said she wasn’t trying to offend Ann Romney and had two children of her own. Did her husband hold his nose and bag her or himself?

arnold ziffel on April 12, 2012 at 12:18 AM

Bmore on April 12, 2012 at 12:11 AM

Try this on..syndrom was turned in while Capt. Ed was doing show and Capt. Ed deleted syndrom at that point and did not waste time going thru 10 + pages of the thread..:)

Dire Straits on April 12, 2012 at 12:18 AM

Plus I need to get the HE and WP rounds ready.

arnold ziffel on April 12, 2012 at 12:14 AM

Don’t forget who your cousin is…

Gohawgs on April 12, 2012 at 12:18 AM

arnold ziffel on April 12, 2012 at 12:18 AM

Both, in case hers came off…j/k

d1carter on April 12, 2012 at 12:19 AM

Gohawgs on April 12, 2012 at 12:15 AM

Huh? Every time I’ve been on a thread where Ed banned someone, they don’t comment again.

Bmore on April 12, 2012 at 12:19 AM

CoolChange80 on April 12, 2012 at 12:07 AM

Yeah, right now might not be a good time for this.

squint on April 12, 2012 at 12:20 AM

WTH ??????
Ah-nuld! Dell me dat yuuu nooo wad ah meen!

ExpressoBold on April 12, 2012 at 12:18 AM

American gangster talk. In the thirties they would put mattresses up near the windows hopefully for cover and to protect themselves from lead poisoning.

arnold ziffel on April 12, 2012 at 12:20 AM

Bmore on April 12, 2012 at 12:11 AM

Like Mr. Peterman said, the offending remark was made early, at 3:11 while Ed was on the radio, clean up happened at least an hour and many comments later. I don’t know if it is still possible but the comment was copied in a lot of other’s comments. I don’t know if Ed got them all. As for the headlines, I can barely keep it straight who gets banned so I probably wouldn’t notice that the comment there and not in the blog. Kind of weird though.

Cindy Munford on April 12, 2012 at 12:21 AM

Dire Straits on April 12, 2012 at 12:18 AM

Yeah I get that, but if Ed. put up the ban on him at 3:11 why did he continue to comment?

Bmore on April 12, 2012 at 12:21 AM

Then why is the timeline like this?

[Comment deleted, user banned -- Ed]

0bamaderangementsyndrom on April 11, 2012 at 3:11 PM

Bmore on April 12, 2012 at 12:18 AM

What timeline? That was the time that ODS posted, the time stamp wouldn’t change if Ed deleted it.

JPeterman on April 12, 2012 at 12:22 AM

Bmore and Dire,
Was ODs the only troll banned today, I haven’t had a chance to go check up on the prior threads yet?

uncommon sense on April 12, 2012 at 12:23 AM

Dire Straits on April 12, 2012 at 12:18 AM

I’ve heard that somewhere…/

Gohawgs on April 12, 2012 at 12:23 AM

JPeterman on April 12, 2012 at 12:22 AM

This was said after the ban, yes?

WILL ANYONE ADVOCATE FOR THIS POS TO BE BANNED FOR RACE BAITING? If you don’t have any evidence that he’s a gang banger then this is NAKED RACISM.

0bamaderangementsyndrom on April 11, 2012 at 3:45 PM

Bmore on April 12, 2012 at 12:24 AM

arnold ziffel on April 12, 2012 at 12:09 AM

Yeah, I’m laid back to the point of unconsciousness but I wouldn’t want to vouch for the safety of anyone who spit on me or someone near near me.

Cindy Munford on April 12, 2012 at 12:24 AM

Bmore on April 12, 2012 at 12:21 AM

BECAUSE those comments were already posted by the time Ed came in and banned him. Ed only removed the 3:11 offending post, not all of his subsequent comments nor his 3:11 comment that was then copied and replied to by other posters…

Gohawgs on April 12, 2012 at 12:25 AM

Thanks all for the banning information.

Sounds like ODS ran into this, or this

AZfederalist on April 12, 2012 at 12:26 AM

KOOLAID2 on April 12, 2012 at 12:09 AM

Open Registration always has that effect…

… and they usually sign up with different IP addresses.

In case they get banned (Imagine that!)…

BUT, we do end up with jewls in the rough like yourself, Bmore, Flora Duh, and others that make it all worth while…

… Your addition has been an asset, and I haven’t laughed so hard in some time in your now famous Tina thread.

Glad to have you aboard…

Seven Percent Solution on April 12, 2012 at 12:27 AM

Bmore on April 12, 2012 at 12:21 AM

He made the comment at 3:11 it was not caught and deleted until at least an hour later. I bet he though he was home free. SURPRISE!!!

He said some pretty wild things latter but not quite as ballzy.

Cindy Munford on April 12, 2012 at 12:27 AM

American gangster … for cover and to protect themselves from lead poisoning.

arnold ziffel on April 12, 2012 at 12:20 AM

Wow! Thanks, I had the wrong impression. How would said gangsters return fire if someone tried to poison them with lead?

ExpressoBold on April 12, 2012 at 12:27 AM

Then why is the timeline like this?

Bmore on April 12, 2012 at 12:18 AM

That’s the quote I posted on page 2 of these comments. Ed deleted that comment because it’s the one that did him in. Ed was busy for an hour after 0 made that comment though, so he was still posting, the rest just wasn’t as bad or necessarily ban-worthy.

Kelligan on April 12, 2012 at 12:28 AM

l Capone’s Vault..

mark81150 on April 12, 2012 at 12:16 AM

We can laugh now but I love history and for some reason I thought there would be something to this.
I guess I’m not the only sucker. No one would have opened it from 1940-85? I believed Geraldo, what can I say?

arnold ziffel on April 12, 2012 at 12:28 AM

Gohawgs on April 12, 2012 at 12:25 AM

So even though Ed banned him at 3:11 the comment at 3:45 and all the ones inbetween 3:11 and 3:45 were because Ed hadn’t banned him at 3:11?

Bmore on April 12, 2012 at 12:28 AM

Obama is scared and it shows.

VorDaj on April 12, 2012 at 12:29 AM

Gohawgs on April 12, 2012 at 12:25 AM

Thank you..You did a better job of explaining it than I did..You gave more details!!..:)

Dire Straits on April 12, 2012 at 12:29 AM

I got it. Thanks guys. I wish we didn’t have to type everything. Speech would be so much easier. Thanks.

Bmore on April 12, 2012 at 12:30 AM

This was said after the ban, yes?

0bamaderangementsyndrom on April 11, 2012 at 3:45 PM

Bmore on April 12, 2012 at 12:24 AM

And your point? One more time.

The thread was started at about 3:00 pm. Ed was doing radio at the same time, for an hour which made it possible for ODS to continue posting.

Ed gets off the air, checks e-mails, see’s the complaints and whacked him, which would have been after 4:00.

JPeterman on April 12, 2012 at 12:30 AM

One more question. He is banned right? Do we know if like some of the others he still can post in the headlines?

Bmore on April 12, 2012 at 12:31 AM

ExpressoBold on April 12, 2012 at 12:27 AM

You poison your opponent with lead first. Kind of like the St. Valentine’s massacre where the victims thought they were being rounded up by the police. Just because the gangsters couldn’t play nice they made it more difficult for the rest of us to acquire automatic weapons.

arnold ziffel on April 12, 2012 at 12:31 AM

Bmore on April 12, 2012 at 12:28 AM

Go to 3:14 and read Mr. Peterman’s request for clarification. A long time ago Ed & AP asked us to email them instead of reposting the comment over and over again because they have to take them out individually.

Cindy Munford on April 12, 2012 at 12:32 AM

Sarah Palin will be all over fox screaming bloody murder tomorrow over Rosen comments. Count on it.

rubberneck on April 12, 2012 at 12:32 AM

JPeterman on April 12, 2012 at 12:30 AM

Its a typing info thing He was not banned at 3:11.

Bmore on April 12, 2012 at 12:32 AM

Gohawgs on April 12, 2012 at 12:16 AM

3.5 million loss in salary..Like I said that is sad..:(

Dire Straits on April 12, 2012 at 12:32 AM

… and they usually sign up with different IP addresses.

In case they get banned (Imagine that!)…

Seven Percent Solution on April 12, 2012 at 12:27 AM

My word, who would ever think of such a thing? Very curious.

Cheshire Cat on April 12, 2012 at 12:32 AM

l Capone’s Vault..

mark81150 on April 12, 2012 at 12:16 AM

I remember watching that. Felt like a jackass afterward, when it ended, but nowhere as big a jackass as Geraldo.

squint on April 12, 2012 at 12:33 AM

Bmore on April 12, 2012 at 12:31 AM

He /she is gone..:)

Dire Straits on April 12, 2012 at 12:33 AM

I will never understand folks who wait 2 + years just to be able to register at Hot Air..And then get banned inside of 3 months if they are lucky..:)

Dire Straits on April 11, 2012 at 11:54 PM

I think they were sent in by political operatives to shake this place, from where it was.
I came here finding a good number of people with thoughtful political analysis…of events and people in office…and it helps one from outside see things they don’t get from elsewhere.
Yes, I have MM and Medved, and Beck and Rush and Levin and Hamilton, and countless others…but, here… I have the people here too! I LEARN from them. It has not been the same…but it will get better once November rolls around. I learn more of a picture, from a lot of these people. I would like to pi$$ on some of the others for ruining this format for a while…but I think it is going to come back bigger and better…than, I can SMADASTFU!…and watch from the bleachers again! (Poking is fun though)

KOOLAID2 on April 12, 2012 at 12:33 AM

Cindy Munford on April 12, 2012 at 12:32 AM

Yeah, I’ve been emailed about that before. Thats why I didn’t even want to bring the quoted ban over here. I’ve been told not to cross post like that. HeII I’m probably in trouble right now.

Bmore on April 12, 2012 at 12:34 AM

Bmore on April 12, 2012 at 12:31 AM

lol. I’d bet Lorien’s left nut that he is all the way gone. Gitmo headlines is for a-hole or irritating behavior. Wishing violence or death is not what HA is seeking to promote. Fun wreckers.

arnold ziffel on April 12, 2012 at 12:34 AM

Cheshire Cat on April 12, 2012 at 12:32 AM

Only The Good, The Bad and The Ugly!

Cindy Munford on April 12, 2012 at 12:34 AM

He /she is gone..:)

Dire Straits on April 12, 2012 at 12:33 AM

Completely. Not like the others?

Bmore on April 12, 2012 at 12:35 AM

Its a typing info thing He was not banned at 3:11.

Bmore on April 12, 2012 at 12:32 AM

That is correct..He/she was banned for making the 3:11 post..:)

Dire Straits on April 12, 2012 at 12:35 AM

rubberneck on April 12, 2012 at 12:32 AM

So?

Cindy Munford on April 12, 2012 at 12:35 AM

KOOLAID2
I just caught the Tina thread, wow, I would have got worried at about the seventh post.
Your a better man than me…….lmao……;-)

angrymike on April 12, 2012 at 12:36 AM

squint on April 12, 2012 at 12:33 AM

…I turn him off now because of that.
No more KOOLAID from him!

KOOLAID2 on April 12, 2012 at 12:36 AM

Bmore on April 12, 2012 at 12:00 AM

Ed had his radio show. It took time for him to catch up.

Schadenfreude on April 12, 2012 at 12:36 AM

arnold ziffel on April 12, 2012 at 12:34 AM

No arnold one of the ones in the headlines issued a death threat. I was there. So was MadCon.

Bmore on April 12, 2012 at 12:36 AM

Ed had his radio show. It took time for him to catch up.

Schadenfreude on April 12, 2012 at 12:36 AM

Thanks Schadenfreude, the ban didn’t occur at 3:11.

Bmore on April 12, 2012 at 12:37 AM

Bmore on April 12, 2012 at 12:35 AM

Dire Straits on April 12, 2012 at 12:37 AM

Only The Good, The Bad and The Ugly!

Cindy Munford on April 12, 2012 at 12:34 AM

Touché.

PercyB on April 12, 2012 at 12:39 AM

My word, who would ever think of such a thing? Very curious.

Cheshire Cat on April 12, 2012 at 12:32 AM

HeHe..I see what you did there..:)

Dire Straits on April 12, 2012 at 12:39 AM

Bmore on April 12, 2012 at 12:30 AM

I thought I was gonna have to come over there…

Gohawgs on April 12, 2012 at 12:39 AM

…I turn him off now because of that.
No more KOOLAID from him!

KOOLAID2 on April 12, 2012 at 12:36 AM

Didn’t he get the talk show shortly thereafter? I thought that was a wonderful fate for the self-important investigative journalist…a stupid talk show.

squint on April 12, 2012 at 12:40 AM

KOOLAID2 on April 12, 2012 at 12:33 AM

I hear you..:)

Dire Straits on April 12, 2012 at 12:41 AM

Thanks Schadenfreude, the ban didn’t occur at 3:11.

Bmore on April 12, 2012 at 12:37 AM

The ban occurred later, when 0…..drom stopped posting. It’s just that Ed edited the banning-offense message and made no other mention. News were breaking and maybe his shift was over too.

Schadenfreude on April 12, 2012 at 12:41 AM

Ed had his radio show. It took time for him to catch up.

Schadenfreude on April 12, 2012 at 12:36 AM

No wonder he was late, my watch is two days slow.

Cheshire Cat on April 12, 2012 at 12:41 AM

HeII, I’m glad he’s gone, he was a lying race baiter. When you’ve been called out as a racist your whole life you tend to hate lying race baiters. If you get my drift. Its why I stay off those threads. Nothing but trouble for a guy like me with a temper. All part of that anger management I’ve been working on.

Bmore on April 12, 2012 at 12:41 AM

angrymike on April 12, 2012 at 12:36 AM

…everyone was in a coma because Rick Santy dropped out…and it took so long to load before each one…I’d look…no one there…ok! Do another one. Took a leak…came back..looked !…no one there…did another one…then I started thinking…Homeland Security shut down Hot Air! Beats me! (:>)

KOOLAID2 on April 12, 2012 at 12:42 AM

I thought I was gonna have to come over there…

Gohawgs on April 12, 2012 at 12:39 AM

If ya do bring some beer. ; )

Bmore on April 12, 2012 at 12:42 AM