Oh my: Obama White House paying women employees less than men?

posted at 4:10 pm on April 11, 2012 by Allahpundit

Look on the bright side, David Axelrod. This Beacon story might finally distract people from that instantly infamous photo of the all-white staff at Hopenchange HQ.

Why does our president hate women?

Female employees in the Obama White House make considerably less than their male colleagues, records show.

According to the 2011 annual report on White House staff, female employees earned a median annual salary of $60,000, which was about 18 percent less than the median salary for male employees ($71,000).

The Obama campaign on Wednesday lashed out at presumptive GOP nominee Mitt Romney for his failure to immediately endorse the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Restoration Act, a controversial law enacted in 2009 that made it easier to file discrimination lawsuits…

It is not known whether any female employees at the White House have filed lawsuits under the Ledbetter Act.

Follow the link for Beacon reporter Andrew Stiles having fun revisiting The One’s various other slights to women over the years, from his all-male golf outings to former communications director Anita Dunn describing attitudes in the White House as fitting “all of the classic legal requirements for a genuinely hostile workplace to women.” Some of the things O’s taken heat for in this vein are overblown — this one pops to mind — but I’m keen to hear them explain why there’s an income disparity among their own staff. In some industries there may be a nondiscriminatory reason for a gender gap in pay, e.g., men may be overrepresented in jobs that require lots of strength or dangerous duties, which in turn may pay better because of the risk. But that’s surely not the case in the cubicle utopia of the West Wing. The most obvious explanation in an office setting is that men tend to earn more because there are more of them in senior positions. Is that true, champ? If so, how come?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Nail the liar to the wall on this one.

Barack Obama and the Obama Party pissed, screamed, and cried for years that the only reason for there to ever be a pay disparity was discrimination.

Hammer them with it. Make them choke. They lied, they can pay for it.

northdallasthirty on April 11, 2012 at 6:30 PM

Rush is right–again.

SouthernGent on April 11, 2012 at 6:32 PM

Hammer them with it. Make them choke. They lied, they can pay for it.
northdallasthirty
 on April 11, 2012 at 6:30 PM

IOW, him the dunce the full alinsky – personalize him, hold him to his rhetoric and mock him till election day. Come GOP you can do this or kiss the party goodbye in the next cycle.

AH_C on April 11, 2012 at 6:34 PM

AH_C on April 11, 2012 at 6:34 PM

Err. Slight technical quote malfunction

AH_C on April 11, 2012 at 6:36 PM

It’s well known that communists subordinate women in their systems. Their leftist brethren in the Democratic Party do the same thing of course, while lying–just like Pravda–about the situation, and trying to pretend the other side–the one that believes in actual freedom–is guilty of doing the same thing.

It’s time to STOP the Democratic Party’s War On Women once and for all.

Please Democrats and Leftists: STOP your War on Women.

Allendundit on April 11, 2012 at 6:37 PM

The Ledbetter Act was never about equal pay for women.

The Ledbetter Act was about “PAY FOR PLAY” for trial attorneys. Nothing more.

Yet again, the L-I-C strikes again.

jersey taxpayer on April 11, 2012 at 6:49 PM

Is that true, champ? If so, how come?

Easy. Bush’s fault.

stick on April 11, 2012 at 6:50 PM

jersey taxpayer on April 11, 2012 at 6:49 PM

To further that thought, I would like to know when Ms. Pelosi, under whom that “act” passed, will be brought before Chairman Issa to answer to her false claims that this act would promote the cause of equality for women.

Her own Demhead doesn’t pay women equally.

What say you, Nan?

jersey taxpayer on April 11, 2012 at 6:55 PM

LOL…this is gonna totally backfire on liberals. They wanted a war on woman, and they are the worst offenders. BTW, how are blacks and latinos doing under Obama?

rubberneck on April 11, 2012 at 6:03 PM

This Latino ain’t doing worth a damn. Last August, I was let go from my job. At age 49, it was the first time in my life I’d ever been fired. After five months of unemployment, I got a temporary job in January. Now, it looks like I may have to hustle and find a job with another outfit just to keep on working.

El Salsero on April 11, 2012 at 7:03 PM

El Salsero on April 11, 2012 at 7:03 PM

Sorry to hear this.

I know a lot of people who had full time employment during both terms of the Clinton Administration, and both terms of the Bush Administration.

The damage of the 4 years of Obama are unprecedented.

portlandon on April 11, 2012 at 7:14 PM

Well, until liberal women pretty themselves up, they deserve lower pay, and liberal men deserve higher pay for having to look at them. Fair is fair.

Pork-Chop on April 11, 2012 at 7:14 PM

El Salsero on April 11, 2012 at 7:03 PM

I’m very sorry to hear of your work situation. Hubby and I started a small company in ’90, and were holding our own, over the years employing folks, up until mid ’09. From then on, it’s been all down hill. We’re still able to keep the company from closing, mainly from small jobs. Yet, we’ve had to lay off three full-time workers simply from lack of work. Hubby and I haven’t taken any salary since late ’09, relying on savings to pay monthly bills. This is what Obama’s presidency has ‘done for us.’

On a lighter note, we’ll survive, because that’s who we are.

As much as it’ll be a cold day in hell that we pay the IRS any kind of ‘penalty/tax’ for not buying into that insurance scam, it’ll also be a cold day in hell that we rely on the government for a damn thing.

jersey taxpayer on April 11, 2012 at 7:15 PM

The Lugar – Mourdock primary debate is on C-SPAN right now

Lugar is choking

dforston on April 11, 2012 at 7:16 PM

Stupid women will vote for him, again, in droves.

Schadenfreude on April 11, 2012 at 7:16 PM

PANDERING — Liberal4life

Schadenfreude on April 11, 2012 at 7:17 PM

I would also like to call for the Democratic Party to STOP their War On Our Children.

It is absolutely wrong to pass on an impossible mountain of unpaid bills to the next generation.

PLEASE Democrats and Leftists: STOP your War On Our Children.

Allendundit on April 11, 2012 at 7:27 PM

portlandon on April 11, 2012 at 7:14 PM

jersey taxpayer on April 11, 2012 at 7:15 PM

I appreciate your solicitude. Thanks. The most galling part to me is that people I barely know think I’m a moron for not collecting unemployment for 99 weeks! After all the years I spent inculcating my sons (2) on the necessity of standing on your own feet, how many grades of hypocrite would I have been to stay on unemployment longer than I did? Oh, and before the flamers start crawling out of the woodwork criticizing the fact that I did collect for five months, the only reason that happened is that I had shoulder surgery the month after I was let go, and I rehabbed for three or so months after the surgery. So, Nyaah! :-)

El Salsero on April 11, 2012 at 7:28 PM

Okay ladies… Barry has lofted a slow ball… dead center in the strike zone… Please make him hurt. He can’t catch so I’d say aim right for his big mouth. Demand that he personally answer for this.

RalphyBoy on April 11, 2012 at 8:03 PM

Don’t get to bogged down in this Rmoney™. You run the risk of being perceived in a light not favorable to you.

Bmore on April 11, 2012 at 8:41 PM

To be fair, how can anyone tell the difference?

NoDonkey on April 11, 2012 at 9:08 PM

“Why does our president hate women?”

In his own words “in the White House I’m surrounded by women” … FLOTUS-MILOTUS-FDOTUS-SDOTUS

It seems the only place he can play “boss” is in his Administration

Jimbobby on April 11, 2012 at 9:10 PM

Right, my bad. Hopefully they’re at least around to fix him a sandwich, though.

changer1701 on April 11, 2012 at 4:27 PM

A Michelle-approved sandwich, that is.

Bitter Clinger on April 11, 2012 at 4:28 PM

Obama is (allegedly) from Hawaii … that would be a

“Spamwich!”

Of course, that probably explains his repeated speeches as well…

Spam…spam….

ProfShadow on April 11, 2012 at 9:38 PM

The Left blames the Right of waging a war on women.

Meanwhile it is the left that comes out with the actual attacks on wages.

Those women on the robotic left will say it is all about contraception and miss the fact that Obamacare wants control over ALL OF THEIR BODY. Women on the Left should fear this, but they cannot help but love the Nannystate that will dictate their lives to them.

I pity the women parroting this war on women stuff as they aren’t checking to see who has the long knives out for them. It isn’t those on the Right who wish all people to live free of authoritarian government, but those on the Left that wish to enslave everyone TO government.

ajacksonian on April 11, 2012 at 9:53 PM

If Obama would only pay his female staffers the same wage as the male staffers, the women might be able to afford to buy the contraceptives that the GOP has withheld from them in its war on women.

jrgdds on April 11, 2012 at 10:05 PM

I think Maddow was just on TV saying the Ledbetter thing means the White House women can sue the White House for not paying the same for the same job.

Wagthatdog on April 11, 2012 at 10:12 PM

New photoshop to commemorate the White House glass ceiling.

BKeyser on April 11, 2012 at 10:30 PM

This a chick’s issue, who cares what white men like Maddow think. ;)

Happy Nomad on April 12, 2012 at 12:08 AM

Just one more overtly Orwellian facet to the diamond in the rough that is our “Constitutional Law Professor” President.

KMC1 on April 12, 2012 at 12:43 AM

It is the Democrat’s that hate women. Look at how they treated their own in 2008. Hilary was thrown under the bus and called every awful name you can think of.

southernms on April 12, 2012 at 12:55 AM

Okay Now all together so we are all on the same page, with the same talking point. George Bush Did it !!! Is anything ever Little Barry’s fault?

I am sorry to hear you lost your job, I work in a food pantry and we see lots of Latino folks come in for help. All of them were construction workers, highly skilled painters, dry wallers, roofers etc. With the way things are going I think Barry is going to be un-employed this year. If Obama loses, him and his cronies will be investigated and I would bet some end up in a 6×6 in Leavenworth.Lets see how many leave the US if they are voted out.

stormridercx4 on April 12, 2012 at 3:52 AM

Doeth as thou High Lord Obama commandeth, not as thou High Lord Obama Doeth! Or Death may be upon thee!

insidiator on April 12, 2012 at 7:32 AM

If these females who work for Obama are of similar caliber and qualifications as Sandra Fluke they probably don’t deserve as much pay.

I mean, if they are like Sandra they are having so much sex they couldn’t POSSIBLY be showing up to work on time could they?

wildcat72 on April 12, 2012 at 7:47 AM

Wonder how Obama is going to try to “spin” this?

Amazingoly on April 12, 2012 at 7:57 AM