Data set of the day: Republicans’ beer of choice is … Michelob Ultra?

posted at 10:07 pm on April 11, 2012 by Allahpundit

It’s 4.2 percent ABV, guys. You might as well save the money and just spin around for five seconds. You’ll get the same buzz.

It’s rated 47 on Beer Advocate, for cripes sake. Who are you people? I don’t even know you anymore.

That’s from the Atlantic’s irresistible piece on electoral microtargeting, which is irresistible mainly for the dozen or so “Democrats vs. Republicans” graphics it provides charting cultural preferences by party. I reproduced the one for beer above but there’s plenty more where that came from — sports, TV shows, Internet use, even automobiles. (If you’re not sure what to make of the high turnout/low turnout metrics, consider them a rough proxy for older voters versus younger voters.) Follow the link and start sifting through them. Some are predictable — there’s a strong GOP skew towards Cracker Barrel, Fox News, and Hummer SUVs and a strong Democratic skew towards the WNBA, MSNBC, and hybrids — but some are less so. Apparently, there’s a 20-point or so Republican spread towards, er, Hooters. So much for “values.” Or should we just pin that one on the libertarians?

I don’t want to spoil any other surprises but I will say that the skew on 7-Up is so dramatically Democratic that I’m thinking it might be the first communist soda. Exit question: How can it be that one of the strongest skews towards Republicans on cars is … Government Motors? Good lord. Never have I been prouder to be a RINO.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Ultra is the dirty little secret of the trophy wife

peski on April 12, 2012 at 12:47 AM

bum, bum, bum, east bound and down…..
loaded up and trucking….

mechkiller_k on April 12, 2012 at 12:47 AM

If you’re connections ever fail ya, let me know.

Bmore on April 12, 2012 at 1:30 AM

bum, bum, bum, east bound and down…..
loaded up and trucking….

mechkiller_k on April 12, 2012 at 12:47 AM

Flat tire beer or fat tire beer? I’ve never heard of flat tire beer, but we have fat tire beer on tap everywhere here in Iowa.

jhffmn on April 12, 2012 at 1:37 AM

I Love Mickie Ult! It’s what we, young in-shape GOPers drink.

Opinionnation on April 12, 2012 at 1:44 AM

And on special occasions, there’s Chimay.

John the Libertarian on April 11, 2012 at 10:52 PM

yessss, the best, Chimay Trappist (blue) my absolute fave…

jimver on April 12, 2012 at 1:57 AM

Beats Colt .45

pat on April 12, 2012 at 2:09 AM

No freaking way.

Sam Adams Boston Lager. That’s it. It’s the only beer as far as I’m concerned. You go ahead and keep your pee-water, I’ll dive into a vat of Sams.

Wolfmoon on April 12, 2012 at 2:13 AM

Of course, you focus on the beer issue, but my takeaway from that set of statistics: Conservatism (X axis) and likelihood to vote (Y axis) are highly correlated. Message to Mitt: You won’t win the election in the Corona Light middle.

Captain Obvious on April 12, 2012 at 3:23 AM

Me and my PBR are so far to the right that we’re off the charts! I guess.

robertlbryant on April 12, 2012 at 4:50 AM

I Love Mickie Ult! It’s what we, young in-shape GOPers drink.

Opinionnation on April 12, 2012 at 1:44 AM

Do a few more miles & crunches, and drink something with flavor!

RRFCL on April 12, 2012 at 5:02 AM

I smell a new Hot Air Poll brewing! Hops to it! It’s the yeast you can do for the pride of conservatism. We’re barley hanging on, as it is.

RRFCL on April 12, 2012 at 5:09 AM

Guinness for me…

Karmashock on April 12, 2012 at 5:14 AM

Corona. Not Light.

NotEasilyFooled on April 12, 2012 at 6:02 AM

I just bought the last case of Hopslam in town from Bells. Although I also enjoyed the Russian Imperial Stout (2010) we had the other night.

Beer Advocate Rocks.

Bunsin2 on April 12, 2012 at 6:59 AM

I do enjoy beer… Sam Adams, Sierra Nevada, Newcastle, Sam Smith’s Taddy and Imperial, Bell’s, Pilsner Urquel, EKU, Weinstephaner, Oranjboom… plus some stuff from Russia with very high alcohol content, not to be said of stuff like Delerium Tremens or Lindeman’s lambic beers (particularly the raspberry)… and that is just what has been through the beer refrigerator the past couple of months, in various varieties for those that offer same.

Sorry, I don’t have a favorite. Take me to the Brickskeller in my healthy days and downing 6-8 beers and a long, long ride home meant that I most likely had beers from different continents and usually at least one island nation. I can’t say that it reflects a political skew to do that… beer, when done decently, is delicious.

Still if it’s a six-pack for an outing, it will be Sam Adams.

And I vote.

Convincing me you have a candidate worth voting *for* is something else again. I’ve cast blank ballots, I’ve written in names, and generally I exercise the hard won and fought for franchise. And the ballot I cast by my purchasing decisions is just as important as that in the voting booth. Luckily, there are choices from all over the beer spectrum to choose from… in elections, not so much.

ajacksonian on April 12, 2012 at 7:11 AM

Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale. Not cheap, but for now and then, in a snifter, it’s great.

Yuengling Black and Tan, Negro Modelo, Newcastle, great stuff.

Qzsusy on April 12, 2012 at 7:16 AM

Must be E-GOP/Ruling Class/RINO types skewing the results…I thought only emasculated liberal metrosexual males drank watered down camel whiz!

Should be a hell of a lot more Sam Adams guzzlers out there!

insidiator on April 12, 2012 at 7:36 AM

It’s all Micro for me. And when I get settled in Texas, I’m going to start brewing my own. (Sorry Lone Star, you just ain’t cuttin’ it).

Nethicus on April 12, 2012 at 7:44 AM

“Oh and my current favorite beer is Flat Tire. I can’t get it here in MI but I have connections in GA.

bum, bum, bum, east bound and down…..
loaded up and trucking….

mechkiller_k on April 12, 2012 at 12:47 AM”

Mechkiller, yer killin’ me… you say live in Michigan? Michigan is home to at least 4 great, GREAT craft breweries. Bell’s out of Kalamazoo (home of Two Hearted), Founder’s in Grand Rapids (Breakfast Stout rocks), New Holland in Holland(Dragon’s Milk Ale or Mad Hatter IPA, wow) and Shorts in Bellaire (Huma Lupa Licious is just that).

Shoot, there’s more good brewing going on in the state of Michigan than in several countries around the world.

Keep your dough local- Flat Tire is decent, but you can get waaaay better in state.

Oh, with respect to Mich Ultra…uh, I have no respect. Drinkin’ that bilge is like making love in a canoe.

GrassMudHorsey on April 12, 2012 at 7:47 AM

Corona. Not Light.

NotEasilyFooled on April 12, 2012 at 6:02 AM

An oxymoron.

ajacksonian on April 12, 2012 at 7:11 AM

Did you do time in DC? Or are there other Brickskellers?

metrosexual males drank watered down camel whiz!

Should be a hell of a lot more Sam Adams guzzlers out there!

insidiator on April 12, 2012 at 7:36 AM

Actually, we metrosexuals left Sam Adams behind long ago for obscure, high-alcohol Belgian brews, Kalamazoo’s finest brew, Bell’s, or anything made by Dogfish Head. Or Pabst Blue Ribbon, for some reason.

urban elitist on April 12, 2012 at 7:49 AM

@nethicus:

While you’re getting up and running, try Spoetzl Brewerey in Shiner, TX. They make all the Shiner beers, which are really fine. Shiner Bock is great, Shiner Smokehaus is perfect with bbq, Shiner Light completely outclasses Michelob ultra, and so on.

GrassMudHorsey on April 12, 2012 at 7:51 AM

So question… because I drink Guinness (Though I drink Irish whiskeys more often than Guinness), does that mean the Mitt Bots are going to come out now and say that my refusal to drink Wimpy B.I.N.O. (Beer in Name Only) is somehow “proof” they are seeking that I’m somehow really a secret spy for DU/Kos/Huffpo/the DNC and just trying to Sabotage the party?

Though if it makes anyone feel better. I do have a preference for Blue Moon, Yuenglings, Sam Adams, several various micro-brew brands. Plus, aside from beers and the whiskeys I’ve mentioned, there is always Makers Mark, and Drambuie.

Razgriez on April 12, 2012 at 8:09 AM

If Republicans drink Michelob Ultra, why don’t they have the gay vote locked down?

EricW on April 12, 2012 at 8:12 AM

GrassMudHorsey on April 12, 2012 at 7:51 AM

Yeah, Shiner’s pretty good. When I lived in Austin I developed a fondness for it. At the HEB in New Braunfels, I discovered a few other micros that are pretty good as well.

But I did about 6 weeks of research for a job on beer making (and didn’t get it– BASTARDS!) but I’ve found a few things I want to experiment with to make a more tasty beer. If I make it big, I’ll advertise on Hot Air and you can buy some. :D

Nethicus on April 12, 2012 at 8:15 AM

predator on April 11, 2012 at 10:16 PM

Hippo Birdie Two Ewe!

NoFanofLibs on April 12, 2012 at 8:15 AM

I like Labatt Blue or Blue Light. Its not on the chart but I’m an independent so maybe we don’t show up.

magicbeans on April 12, 2012 at 8:17 AM

other than Guiness, sure are lots of folks on that chart drinking donkey wizz. Give me a nice hoppy IPA any day over any of the swill offered by the big 3 beermakers (Bud, Miller, Coors)

maineconservative on April 12, 2012 at 8:20 AM

GrassMudHorsey on April 12, 2012 at 7:47 AM

Besides the one’s you’ve listed, there’s the Michigan Brewing Company in Williamston, North Peak in Traverse city and Arcadia in Battle Creek – and that’s just the national award winners.

The Mt. Pleasant Brewing Company, Jackson Brewing Company, Motor City BC, and Atwater BC all bottle, plus most cities have 1 or more local breweries.

The only places in the US I’ve been to with a better beer culture/selection are Colorado and Oregon. Fat Tire is good, but why go to CO when you’ve got so many amazing options in your backyard? MBC and Bell’s both have Amber Ales that are good as Fat Tire.

Quantus on April 12, 2012 at 8:22 AM

What ever I made and fermented in the basement.

Currently a Bitter. House style is Cream Ale.

Couldn’t make my 3 batches (15 gl) of Bock this year because the basement would not stay at 50 degrees or lower (Blasted Global Warming!!!)

When out on the town it better have some malt and hops to it – not that stuff from Annheiser Busch. – Ultra – like making love in a canoe. F_____g close to water.

Wander on April 12, 2012 at 8:29 AM

I’m sorry I love all manner of beer, but my favoite beer is Mich ultra pomegranite rasberry. And everytime I get made fun of for it. I just hand them one and grown men ask for another. Because it’s good it’s light, it’s got a good alcohol content,and it’s not a job to drink. By the way irrespective of it’s dark color, Guiness is easy to drink… it’s also almost twice as expensive.

Mbolic on April 12, 2012 at 8:53 AM

Wimps! We have 11 microbreweries in town. The best is by Big Sky Brewers, Moose Drool or Heavy Horse. Kettlehouse’s Cold Smoke is great, too.

Kissmygrits on April 12, 2012 at 8:59 AM

maineconservative on April 12, 2012 at 8:20 AM

Yep. Try Smuttynose IPA, out of Portsmouth, NH. Unfiltered, good stuff.

MrLynn on April 12, 2012 at 9:05 AM

Where exactly is the link to this supposed data set and graphic, because the link you supplied only talks about the Michelob Ultra rating.

JeffinSac on April 12, 2012 at 9:06 AM

Well GM has only been Govt M for 2 years. People do tend to hold on to cars for longer than 2 years. I’d like to see this same graph 5 years from now, I am sure GMC will be much further on the left of that graph.

angryed on April 12, 2012 at 9:07 AM

Mbolic on April 12, 2012 at 8:53 AM

If you want kool-aid flavor and low price, why not just drink a wine cooler?

Quantus on April 12, 2012 at 9:08 AM

D.O.R.I.S. The Destroyer!

For when getting up to get that second beer sounds like it will be too much work.

Nathan_OH on April 12, 2012 at 9:08 AM

How did I manager to Fail on posting the link?

Nathan_OH on April 12, 2012 at 9:09 AM

Beer snobs have slowly, over time, taken over wine snobs as the most annoying people on earth.

Here’s the thing with beer. The first 1 or 2 makes a difference. The 3rd and on, you’re drinking to get drunk and you’d drink your own piss if it had alcohol in it.

angryed on April 12, 2012 at 9:10 AM

Microbrew is the only way to go. Fresh on-tap beer is passable.

The Rogue Tomato on April 12, 2012 at 9:26 AM

If you want kool-aid flavor and low price, why not just drink a wine cooler?

Quantus on April 12, 2012 at 9:08 AM

you can do better than that.

Mbolic on April 12, 2012 at 9:27 AM

Michelob Ultra is an improvement on non-alcohol beer.

Only slightly better.

NoDonkey on April 12, 2012 at 9:30 AM

So let’s see what else we have here from those charts.
Food: …. You all actually go to Arby’s? I have not been there for YEARS. Also, where’s Five Guy’s on that list (I’ll take Five Guy’s over BK or Mickey D’s any day, staff is more friendlier at Five Guys, and the burgers are much better.
A favorite target of the various extremist Animal Rights groups is Burlington Coat Factory (Which did get caught one time when it turned out it’s “Faux Furs” were actually real animal fur from animals killed in China) is shopped mostly by those on the Extremely liberal left. Apparently, Us right wing conservatives shop for cloths at places I’ve never even heard of. So let’s just go to the next chart shall we?

The Cable News charts doesn’t show anything really surprising for those who are Left of the Center, though it seems my liking of shows of shows such as Deadliest Warrior, and Kitchen Nightmares may have hurt my Conservative credentials. Discovery, cool that’s us (It’s the Mythbusters isn’t it? Conservatives want a Big boom as well Jamie) History channel, sure, cool, as long as we’re talking actual history, Top Shot, Full Metal Jousting, etc, and not the shows that turn History channel into “The Hysteria Channel”. I’m a little bit ashamed though at the fact that CMT is in the low turn out section. Clearly this means Republicans really are saps for those sad “My ex girlfriend took my truck, and my dog ran away” songs. Man-up Butter cup. The most shocking piece of info from it though, is that there is proof that Republicans are more likely to have Blind Faith! Well Blind faith in Weather reports from TWC, that will inevitably be wrong within a few hours time anyway.

The exactly watched Prime time shows prove thatwaitaminute what’s going… how, who.. wha… What do mean we’re not fans of Law and Order SVU?! And why are we fans of Desperate Housewives?!. *Sigh*… well at least you all got SOMETHING right, and watch Nathian Fillion on Castle (can I get an Amen from my fellow Browncoats?)

Sports, no surprises there, though I think I need to get some of my fellow Republicans introduced to Extreme sports. Radio same thing. Internet, same, (again losing more of my Republican/Conservative credentials because I like playing Video games.)

Cars… wow… uhm… yea that’s kinda surprising. So apparently, we like cars primarily from companies who got bailed out. And our most conservative car brand, is Jaguar. Well at least the host of BBC’s Top Gear are going to be proud.

Sodas: YES! Conservative Credentials SLIGHTLY restored due to me putting at least some of Pepsi Co stock holders kid’s through college with my favoring of MTN DEW!

Razgriez on April 12, 2012 at 9:36 AM

Funny… so it is the Democrats who still watch wrestling. They can’t tell Obama is lying and they can’t tell wrestling is fake, lol.

jeffn21 on April 12, 2012 at 9:45 AM

Or Pabst Blue Ribbon, for some reason.

urban elitist on April 12, 2012 at 7:49 AM

Yeah, what’s up with that? I’ve been drinking PBR since high school- back when NO ONE drank PBR. Now all of a sudden it’s become a yuppie drink.

BadgerHawk on April 12, 2012 at 9:45 AM

@nethicus:

If I make it big, I’ll advertise on Hot Air and you can buy some. :D

Works for me…

GrassMudHorsey on April 12, 2012 at 9:47 AM

Demographics for Dummies: Polls like this indicate dislikes just as much as likes. In easier language, it could be that DemocRATs dislike Hooters 20% more than Republicans, rather than proving – as AP so wants to believe – that Republicans are hypocrites or something.

Knott Buyinit on April 12, 2012 at 9:47 AM

jhffmn on April 12, 2012 at 1:37 AM

My bad. I put an l in the name. I just checked the beer fridge and I only have 5 left out of the last two 12 packs.

By the way, I had Arrogant Bastard beer in Texas at some wild game dinner place. It was one of the best ales I ever had. I found a place here in MI that sells it and it tastes horrible. Not skunky like it was old or refrigerated multiple times. Just not the same taste as in Texas. Any ideas why?

mechkiller_k on April 12, 2012 at 9:48 AM

Samuel Adams all the way. Most of the stuff on that chart is foul.

Princeps on April 12, 2012 at 9:50 AM

So, did they not survey craft beers? You know, the beers that still are growing by leaps and bounds in market share while BMC stumbles? I’m conservative, but I don’t think I could stomach any of the beers listed on the conservative side (or on the lib side for that matter) outside of Sam Adams, which isn’t high on my list but is always good in a pinch in a BMC heavy restaurant.

Yazoo, Three Floyd’s, Sun King, Bell’s or Founders any day over any of these…

swenocha on April 12, 2012 at 9:56 AM

GrassMudHorsey on April 12, 2012 at 7:47 AM

I tried a lot of the micro brews in MI and have not liked any of them. Except for a honey brown (can’t remember the name) and kid rocks Bad Ass beer (good when a store up north sells only 2 types of beer).

Big Buck brewery had some good ones before folding. Copper Canyon has some good beers but I do’t get that way to often anymore.

There is a place in Warren where I get Bourbon that sells alot of the local stuff (across from the GM Tech center, which by the way had a lithium battery explosion in one of the developement labs yesterday that needed the fire dept.). And like I said, I have had no luck at all.

By the way, my wife is of German descent and I always have Spaten in the house around October fest and the middle of summer.

mechkiller_k on April 12, 2012 at 10:00 AM

American beer tastes like water.

JPeterman on April 11, 2012 at 10:21 PM

So? Aren’t we supposed to drink 8 glasses of water per day?

olddog58 on April 12, 2012 at 10:08 AM

American beer tastes like water.

JPeterman on April 11, 2012 at 10:21 PM

You, my friend, are simply not drinking the right kind of American beer. There are 90+ beer styles, and pale American lager is but one. Just because that’s what BMC produce almost exclusively doesn’t mean that’s the only kind of beer produced in America. To me, that would be like saying wine but only referring to White Zinfindel. Try an Alpha King, a HopSlam, or a SUE Smoked Porter and get back to me on whether they taste like water…

swenocha on April 12, 2012 at 10:11 AM

Found my favorite there. Glad to see I’m a true Conservative!

kirkill on April 12, 2012 at 10:12 AM

Hey you MI guys. Ever hear of “Ye Olde Tap Room” at 14915 Charlevoix Detroit?

When I got a real job and could afford better beer then Buckhorn, Falstaff and Micolob Ultra, my friends and I went here to sample beers (over 300) from around the world. This is where I learned to appreciate beer. For 1984, 300 beers in one place was unique.

About 3-4 times a year they would sell tickets for a beer tasteing party and close to the public. All you can drink for $25.
Talk about wasted in my youth.

Not sure if it is still around.

mechkiller_k on April 12, 2012 at 10:16 AM

angryed on April 12, 2012 at 9:07 AM

Indeed, due in large part of the 2,000 Marxists that have bought a Volt.

kirkill on April 12, 2012 at 10:18 AM

Shock Top.

EnochCain on April 12, 2012 at 10:31 AM

Looks like I’m about in the right spot with my Sam.

Red Cloud on April 12, 2012 at 10:38 AM

*sigh* I am always late to the thread. But this Republican gal drinks Michelob Ultra lime/cactus. 95 calories and low carbs. Excuse me while I head to the pool for laps….

exliberal on April 12, 2012 at 10:43 AM

Yazoo, Three Floyd’s, Sun King, Bell’s or Founders any day over any of these…

swenocha on April 12, 2012 at 9:56 AM

Sun King Osiris for sure. And Upland Komodo Dragonfly IPA. Nothing beats brewing your own, though.

rhit87 on April 12, 2012 at 10:48 AM

Hailing from Northern Colorado where New Belgium and Budweiser are located, got to love Fat Tire and Bud Light.

lea on April 12, 2012 at 10:52 AM

Michelob Ultra is like drinking water out of Luther’s boot.

It’s Dragon Stout for me.

Klem Kadiddlehopper on April 12, 2012 at 11:06 AM

lea on April 12, 2012 at 10:52 AM

Southern CO myself. Home of Red Lady Ale. New Belgium beer used to be good but mass market was not their friend.
Can Sam Adams 8ters at least admit that they’ve perfected mass market brew?

bettycooper on April 12, 2012 at 11:07 AM

I’m in Colorado Springs. Why would I drink some disgusting stuff like … gag … Budweiser or Michelob??

This little Republican drinks all the wonderful microbrews from the brewpubs in town (8 or 9 at last count).

Shambhala on April 12, 2012 at 11:11 AM

Mass produced beer (Coors, Miller, Michelob, Budweiser, Guniness, Heineken, Corona, etc) is all undrinkable garbage.

Norwegian on April 12, 2012 at 11:16 AM

Ultra is the dirty little secret of the trophy wife

peski on April 12, 2012 at 12:47 AM

LOL.
Ultra’s can presents serious challenges. The skinny can doesn’t fit in either the standard bottle Koozy or 12 oz. can Koozy. The can is also flimzy like the Keystone can – so if you cool your beer in a Rocky Mountain stream they bust on the rocks. Sheesh.

bettycooper on April 12, 2012 at 11:16 AM

Not as big a beer drinker as I used to be, but Michelob is good for a mass-produced American beer. Certainly better than piss-water like Bud, Pabst, or Old Milwaukee. But Michelob Ultra? I’d rather drink pink lemonade with my pinky finger in the air.

DRayRaven on April 12, 2012 at 11:17 AM

“Bud in a fancy bottle”? Not hardly.

But don’t let facts stand in the way of a good story.

mojo on April 12, 2012 at 11:26 AM

I’m in Texas right now, soon to be moving to Utah or Montana. This may be one of the longest beer runs in history!!!

JPeterman on April 11, 2012 at 11:29 PM

If you love beer, DON’T move to Utah. I can’t emphasize this enough. You can only get watered down crap (3.2% ABV), unless you want to go to one of their communist “State Run” liquor stores and pay $1+ for a single 12 oz of decent beer.

Utah sucks.

Norwegian on April 12, 2012 at 11:27 AM

I drink Yuengling or Cider Jack Rasberry or any of the Woodchucks. I’ll try any other beer but those are my regulars.

ManWithNoName on April 12, 2012 at 11:39 AM

Norwegian on April 12, 2012 at 11:16 AM

Morning Norwegian, its why I only drink the Heineken Dark, no one else likes it. These beer threads are very informative.

Bmore on April 12, 2012 at 11:44 AM

RRFCL on April 12, 2012 at 5:09 AM

Great idea!! *clink!*

Here in the Little Apple™ [Manhattan KANSAS ], we have two (2) micro/craft operations: Little Apple Brewery, which is actually a fine steakhouse with a set of copper kettles producing brews offered nowhere else on earth; and Tallgrass Brewing Co., a newcomer established in 2007 but showing enormous promise for the future… I just *love* their Buffalo Sweat stout!

When I worked a contract job down in Texas some years back, I was introduced to Shiner Bock, for which I admit I still have a soft-spot… one of the best anywhere!

Lived & worked in mid-Wisconsin years earlier, made the acquaintance of both Leinenkugels and Stevens Point Brewery (one of the oldest breweries in the US)…

Geeze, so many great beers, so little time… *sigh*

DeepWheat on April 12, 2012 at 11:44 AM

Smirnoff Ice.

BigGator5 on April 12, 2012 at 12:11 PM

At the last republican event with a bar I had Sam Adams Alpine Spring and at the other event I had Blue Saphire gin and tonic.

A lot of into-politics types I know were drinking quite a bit watching those foolish debates. It was the horrific questions, you know, Snoffeloppogus on birth control, annoying hosts, questions from the internet, after you roll your eyes a few times you are seeing what is left in the liquor cabinet. Beer just won’t do. And of course there are the drinking games when the host says “gridlock” or “tax returns” or some other thing you pick out ahead of time…

So, at home I have light beer, I think it has fewer calories, I like Sam Adams light and Heineken light. I really like the bottle, do you ? good marketing.

What else is important to have in your liquor pantry? Tequila that you like, Lemon/citrus vodka, Grand Marnier for drizzling around on margarita, lemon drops, lime drops, Blue saphire gin, tonic, Kahlua, for desserts and coffee and flavoring, Frangelico, Amaretto. Usually anything more sophisticated I just try when I go out.

Such boring republicans, the archie bunker stereotype probably.

Fleuries on April 12, 2012 at 12:42 PM

I real conservative just buys whatever is cheaper.
Only a true fool would buy Coors light when Keystone is almost have the price.It’s the same swill.

esnap on April 12, 2012 at 12:43 PM

Bmore on April 12, 2012 at 11:44 AM

Morning!

European dark lagers are usually OK, even the mass market ones.

Double or Triple Bocks are my faves, and an occasional Belgian Frambozen.

Norwegian on April 12, 2012 at 12:44 PM

The data must be flawed. Mich Ultra is a “chick beer” and Republicans are waging a “War on Women.”
Clearly they are sampling WINO’s (Women in Name Only)

BRunner on April 12, 2012 at 1:28 PM

I live on the Canadian boarder so I drink mainly Molson Canadian sometimes Labatts. But I also enjoy Guinness, Harp, sometimes Bass Ale, Sam Adams is OK, But New Castle Brown Ale is very good too. My one brother only drinks Coolers Light, my other brothers and I call that bottled water. I don’t go anywhere near wine.

Beastdogs on April 12, 2012 at 2:16 PM

Allahpundit my man, I can proudly say I’ve never tasted a Michelob Ultra. I’m more of a Negra Modelo man. Wait, can I say Negra in public?

Speechlesstx on April 12, 2012 at 2:34 PM

Michelob Ultra? Too high fallutin’ for me.

Mickey’s, 4 Loko, and Hurricane High Gravity lager.

Hard Right on April 12, 2012 at 5:09 PM

Oh, and I don’t drive an American car, but if I did it would be a Ford!

Hard Right on April 12, 2012 at 5:09 PM

It’s not like I am a world traveler…but of the places I have visted it almost seems there are only a few beer choices, bud lite on tap or bud light in can/bottle.
I have yet to visit anywhere that does beer like Anchorage, AK. Not only do we have our own local brewerys and brewery restaurants we buy other micro brews from around the world. thats’ right the world. You can go into almost any bar and find about 20 to 30 different beers on tap. Sure it’s mostly local beers but agian no one does beer like alaska. The two best by far are ‘Denali Chuli Stout’ and ‘The Devastator Double Bock (Wasach brewery)’.
When I am full on those beers I then order a water; or what you call ‘bud light’.

lwssdd on April 12, 2012 at 7:17 PM

I don’t drink, but if I did, I would drink Dos Equis. Stay Conservative, my friends.

Freelancer on April 12, 2012 at 8:29 PM

Sales representatives meet for dinner during a brewer’s convention. The Miller rep orders a Miller Light, the Moslon guy orders a Golden, the Corona rep gets an Extra, and so on. The Guinness man orders a Diet Pepsi. Everyone else looks at him and the Coors man asks what he’s doing. The Guinness man raises his voice so the entire bar can hear and says, “If you pansies ain’t gonna drink, then neither am I”.

Freelancer on April 12, 2012 at 8:35 PM

Bmore on April 12, 2012 at 11:44 AM

Before I got over the idea of alcohol as a beverage, my beer preference was for Heineken Dark, Guiness Stout, St. Pauli Girl Doppel Bock, and Dos Equis. And if I was in the mood for a pale, Foster’s. I’ll bet some of the craft brews made in the last 30 years are tasty, but I wouldn’t know.

Freelancer on April 12, 2012 at 8:42 PM

Twisted Thistle for this conservative evangelical, 60 Minute IPA is my second choice.

PapaG on April 13, 2012 at 12:31 AM

Nothing beats brewing your own, though.

rhit87 on April 12, 2012 at 10:48 AM

Agreed… I’m about 60 brew days in at this point…

swenocha on April 13, 2012 at 1:53 PM