Breaking: Zimmerman to be charged in Martin shooting; Update: Zimmerman arrested, charged with 2nd-degree murder

posted at 2:56 pm on April 11, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

So says the Washington Post:

Florida special prosecutor Angela Corey plans to announce as early as Wednesday afternoon that she is charging neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman in the shooting ofTrayvon Martin, according to a law enforcement official close to the investigation.

It was not immediately clear what charge Zimmerman will face. …

Corey told reporters Tuesday night that she would hold a news conference about the case within 72 hours. A news release from her office said the event will be held in Sanford or Jacksonville, Fla.

The latest update on the case before now was that his attorneys had resigned from the case, and that they had lost contact with Zimmerman.  Given the bounties that groups like the New Black Panther Party tried to put on his head, his disappearance is somewhat understandable.  Today, former Zimmerman attorney Hal Uhrig expanded on what he knew about Zimmerman’s whereabouts:

“You can stop looking in Florida,” Uhrig told reporters. “Look much further away than that.”

A few days ago, I wrote that we needed to let the investigation proceed and have the facts established on the record, rather than to continue speculating through the prism of media bias and competing agendas, as has been the case for the last couple of weeks.  If the Post proves accurate with this report, it appears that the special prosecutor in the case has found evidence that Zimmerman’s use of lethal force does not meet the statutory requirements for its use in self-defense.  That evidence will have to be weighed by a jury, and they will have to decide whether the prosecutor can prove that case to a reasonable doubt.

Of course, a trial can’t start until Zimmerman returns to the jurisdiction, if in fact he’s left it at all.  But thanks to the way that this case has been handled by the media and by activists, there will be some reasonable doubt as to whether Zimmerman can get a fair trial.  Media outlets broadcast defamatory and false information about Zimmerman, and some even became activists themselves in the case.  Florida should be able to find twelve people who can fairly judge the evidence presented at trial and only that evidence, but it won’t be an easy task to seat such a panel.

Finally, as I suspected all along, the Stand Your Ground law appears to have nothing to do with this case (although it still might be argued by the defense, of course).  If the law was a problem, the prosecutor wouldn’t be able to file charges against Zimmerman.  This case will hinge instead on the normal, core self-defense laws governing the use of lethal force.  Let’s hope we can all wait to see the evidence and weigh it properly in that context when the time comes.

Update: CNS News provides more insight on why Stand Your Ground is irrelevant in this case, courtesy of Ken Blackwell and Ken Klukowski of Liberty University School of Law:

Under any version of the facts, Florida’s “Stand Your Ground” law did not apply in the Trayvon Martin incident. If Zimmerman pursued a confrontation with Martin, then Zimmerman was an attacker and cannot claim SYG. If Zimmerman’s account is true that he was on the ground and Martin was on top of him, then retreat was impossible, so there would be no duty to retreat anyway. A victim in such a situation can use deadly force, but only if he reasonably believes he is being attacked with deadly force.

To our knowledge, that is the law in all fifty states. It was the law before SYG statutes were ever passed, and SYG did nothing to change it.

So why is this not common knowledge after all the reporting on the Martin shooting? Tragically, some anti-gun activists are misinforming the public. They are aided by media commentators who failed the public trust by not researching and understanding the SYG issue before presuming to editorialize on it.

The police are usually not at hand when you are attacked by a criminal. The Second Amendment guarantees the right of law-abiding people to defend themselves. And laws like Castle Doctrine and Stand Your Ground have restored that right in states where it had been eroded, not to take innocent life, but instead to preserve it.

Be sure to read it all, as they also discuss the high standard involving the legitimate use of lethal force.

Update II: The prosecutor filed second-degree murder charges, and the AP reports that Zimmerman has been arrested:

The neighborhood watch volunteer who shot 17-year-old Trayvon Martin was arrested and charged with second-degree murder Wednesday after months of mounting tensions and protests across the country.

George Zimmerman, 28, could get up to life in prison if convicted in the slaying of the unarmed black teenager.

Special prosecutor Angela Corey announced the charges but would not discuss how she arrived at them or disclose other details of her investigation, saying: “That’s why we try cases in court.”

Second-degree murder is typically brought in cases when there is a fight or other confrontation that results in death and but does involve a premeditated plan to kill.

Manslaughter would have been another option, so it’s interesting that she went with murder two.  I assume that this means the prosecution believes they can prove that Zimmerman pursued Martin and shot him, but we’ll know more when the preliminary hearing comes.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 14 15 16 17 18

I don’t give a damn what overt, demented racists think of me, so you can go to hell for all I care.

Chudi on April 11, 2012 at 10:53 PM

Been there by trying to clean up the streets for people like you that sees a shadow behind every tree.

Conservative4Ever on April 11, 2012 at 10:57 PM

and you a blatant racist. How imbecilic can you be to be calling me a lyncher while defended the cold blooded murder of an unarmed teenager. Hey moron, you are the real lyncher and racist to boot.

Chudi on April 11, 2012 at 10:52 PM

If you can keep that melt down going for another half hour they might have all that goo cleaned off the ban hammer from the first page of this thread.

Yoop on April 11, 2012 at 10:58 PM

Under the prevailing laws of the State of Florida at the time of this tragic incident George Zimmerman is — and must be found — not guilty. Period.

Everything else is Kangaroo Court and Railroading of an otherwise “white Hispanic” person innocent under the law — in the government’s efforts to placate and soothe the savage beast. And not one bit more.

If I had a Son, he’d look like Trayvon.” –President Barack Hussein 0bama (March 23, 2012)

FlatFoot on April 11, 2012 at 10:59 PM

Apparently it is not against the law for white people to shoot black teenagers acting like thugs on the street. I am a conservative, but sometimes I really wonder if what liberals say about you imbeciles are not accurate.

Can you tell me how that is not a racist statement. I doubt you would say that if the roles were reversed. you really are demented.

Chudi on April 11, 2012 at 10:44 PM

1. Zimmerman is hispanic, not white. Or is that statement a general one and not conducive to this case?

2. You’re a conservative? I call BS on that one. But if you really are…

3. then you just called yourself an imbecile, which is true nonetheless.

Moose Drool on April 11, 2012 at 10:55 PM

Nice find. Gotta admit I didn’t see that after reading his rambling 3-4 times before posting on it.

Conservative4Ever on April 11, 2012 at 10:59 PM

The problem with your race war argument is blacks tend to burn down their own neighborhoods. Me and my brown/white self can pop some popcorn and watch them riot and loot their own…but, then I remember we have to pay to clean up the mess. As usual. You want to see racists, look no further than Obama, Holder, Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, and the new black panther party. Your average immature teenager was anything but average…busted with pot, jewelry he lied about, and slamming a man’s head into concrete. If this is average, we are all screwed. But please, continue beating that racist rock. The fact you’re cozy with Chudi says a lot.

RovesChins on April 11, 2012 at 10:43 PM

Because you are ignorant.

Riots are not inherent to black folk. Rioting comes from the powerless and disenfranchised. It is response to frustration, it is an outcry of outrage. Throughout history and amongst many different peoples of various cultures and colors (yes, white folks too) rioting has happened.

And yes the average dumb immature teenager, regardless of the color of their skin, especially amongst males and growing amongst females, have incidences of violence, drug abuse, alcohol abuse, theft, and sexual misconduct. Youtube and Facebook is a great resource to find their poor choice forever floating around the internet. And yes it’s a sad state of affairs.

Magnus on April 11, 2012 at 10:54 PM

I’m ignorant? I’m not the one excusing bad behavior, assault, and calling everyone that doesn’t agree with my demented thinking racist. The parents should have been as concerned about their kid when he was in trouble…as concerned as they were to get to that patent office to register his name. The race batters have already promised riots and unrest….we’re talking about blacks now, not everybody else you want to throw into this story to make your illogical point. I’m a passionate reader of history and I don’t have to go very far back to see what happens when blacks don’t get the verdict they demand. 1992 l..A. Riots,

RovesChins on April 11, 2012 at 10:59 PM

Manslaughter would have been another option, so it’s interesting that she went with murder two. I assume that this means the prosecution believes they can prove that Zimmerman pursued Martin and shot him, but we’ll know more when the preliminary hearing comes.

I guess it means they caved to pressure. You know, social justice and all that.

fullogas on April 11, 2012 at 11:00 PM

It has been my experience those who call others “racist” are usually the one who is truly racist. Just sayin, liberal

Conservative4Ever on April 11, 2012 at 10:55 PM

Of course you are not racist, but you are sure that Martin had to be acting like a thug that night, and deserved to be murdered. You were not there of course, but…but…but you are not racist.

You are a rotting piece of dog crap, and a vile demented human being. I am ashamed to be associated with vermin like you by being a fellow conservative.

Chudi on April 11, 2012 at 11:00 PM

What did you expect him to say when you and your ilk are arguing that Martin deserved to be murdered because he had to be acting like a thug. That ‘acting like a thug’ part is a direct quote.

You racists don’t like to be called on your BS.

Chudi on April 11, 2012 at 10:55 PM

“You racists…”

You just can’t help yourself, can you?

cicerone on April 11, 2012 at 11:00 PM

You racists don’t like to be called on your BS.

Chudi on April 11, 2012 at 10:55 PM

Do you want all Hispanics lynched or just Zimmerman for now? Do you like the way Obama and Holder killed hundreds of Hispanics in Mexico with their Gun Running Merchant of Death program?

VorDaj on April 11, 2012 at 11:01 PM

Hold onto your hats folks, this is gonna get interesting. I just had conversations with 2 different people, who affirmed that the Hispanic population in the US is going to weigh in soon, big time. They’re talking Telemundo, and Univision. So, again I say, things are not going to go according to Hoyle for the race baiters. Buy popcorn people.

waterytart on April 11, 2012 at 11:01 PM

If Trayvon‘s first name had been Morty, instead, this case would have never gone anywhere.

(Amazing what a monicker that intrigues people can achieve.)

People really like saying “Trayvon“… I guess because it sounds like Rave On, subconsciously.

Morty, not so much.

profitsbeard on April 11, 2012 at 11:02 PM

Chudi on April 11, 2012 at 10:53 PM

Shouldn’t you be getting your bricks and Molotov Cocktails ready for the riots if they don’t convict Zimmerman?

Nah, nevermind. Plenty of time for you to make preparations. Carry on.

LegendHasIt on April 11, 2012 at 11:03 PM

waterytart on April 11, 2012 at 11:01 PM

Well, half of me will want to riot. The other half is down for popcorn.

RovesChins on April 11, 2012 at 11:03 PM

Chudi on April 11, 2012 at 11:00 PM

Seriously knock it off.

You are not conservative. It hurts me every time you repeat this lie.

Conservative4Ever on April 11, 2012 at 11:04 PM

BTW, you need remedial English.

VorDaj on April 11, 2012 at 10:57 PM

You are a racist imbecile…and as long as I know enough english to call your demented, imbecilic racist asss on your BS, then I am good.

Chudi on April 11, 2012 at 11:04 PM

waterytart on April 11, 2012 at 11:01 PM

Justin Case you didn’t know. Hispanic is not a race. There are black Hispanics, white Hispanics, and mestizos. So I’m pretty sure there is not going to be a one-minded response. But I’ll go check with my husband, his father, his mother, heck his while side of the family…WEEEPAAA!

Magnus on April 11, 2012 at 11:05 PM

Chudi on April 11, 2012 at 10:53 PM

Nah, nevermind. Plenty of time for you to make preparations. Carry on.

LegendHasIt on April 11, 2012 at 11:03 PM

Chudi would burn off his own d!ck, if he had one, if he tried to put down the racist rock long enough to make a Molotov cocktail.

RovesChins on April 11, 2012 at 11:05 PM

Well, half of me will want to riot. The other half is down for popcorn.

RovesChins on April 11, 2012 at 11:03 PM

Salt and butter one half, the other half…

Yoop on April 11, 2012 at 11:05 PM

Conservative4Ever on April 11, 2012 at 10:57 PM

Considering I pay a ton of taxes to pay your salary, I think you should be thanking me, or did you not think black people had to pay taxes too.

Chudi on April 11, 2012 at 11:05 PM

Chudi on April 11, 2012 at 11:00 PM

File under:

Yelling. Too. Much. and
Trying. Too. Hard.

Nurse Ratched! The coat with the sleeves that buckle around the back, please.

viking01 on April 11, 2012 at 11:06 PM

So, Chudi

How…exactly…do you know the shooting was “in cold blood” as you constantly assert?

eeyore on April 11, 2012 at 11:07 PM

Considering I pay a ton of taxes to pay your salary,

Chudi on April 11, 2012 at 11:05 PM

Why of course you do! You anonymously claim so on the internet!

viking01 on April 11, 2012 at 11:08 PM

waterytart on April 11, 2012 at 11:01 PM

Anglos may have largely submitted to PC but I too doubt that Hispanics have so I don’t think they are going to take this lynching of an Hispanic man for defending himself from getting his brains smashed out laying down. I don’t think they want open season on Hispanics by blacks.

VorDaj on April 11, 2012 at 11:08 PM

waterytart on April 11, 2012 at 11:01 PM

Magnus on April 11, 2012 at 11:05 PM

Oh. You’re a woman. I’m betting you have a Sandra Fluke poster on your altar and you are all excited about the war on women. Tampon power! And, before you wet yourself, I’m a woman too. I just have more brains and common sense than you. Go Rachel Maddiw, huh? Hear me roar

RovesChins on April 11, 2012 at 11:08 PM

Chudi on April 11, 2012 at 11:05 PM

I just found a penny today on the ground. What is your address so I can mail it to you for all the taxes you contributed to my pension/salary?

Conservative4Ever on April 11, 2012 at 11:09 PM

Well, half of me will want to riot. The other half is down for popcorn.

RovesChins on April 11, 2012 at 11:03 PM

Salt and butter one half, the other half…

Yoop on April 11, 2012 at 11:05 PM

Jalepenos and anger, baby!

RovesChins on April 11, 2012 at 11:09 PM

So, Chudi

eeyore on April 11, 2012 at 11:07 PM

He was unarmed, minding his own business, and walking down the street. You shouldn’t end up dead in America just by doing that…but according to you white power enthusiasts, he had to be acting like a thug, and deserved to die.

Chudi on April 11, 2012 at 11:10 PM

Chudi on April 11, 2012 at 11:00 PM

I think you need a nap. You are getting very very cranky.

VorDaj on April 11, 2012 at 11:10 PM

Chudi on April 11, 2012 at 11:00 PM

Not too different than this rant:

Michelle Williams: I just want to say to all the listeners on this phone call, that if you are having any doubt about getting suited, booted, and armed up for this race war that we’re in that has never ended, let me tell you somethin…the thing that’s about to happen these honkies, these crackers, these pigs, these people, these motherf*er…it has been long overdue.”

cicerone on April 11, 2012 at 11:12 PM

Chudi on April 11, 2012 at 11:10 PM

I’m sure the many victims of strangulation thank you for your unhinged support!

viking01 on April 11, 2012 at 11:13 PM

Chudi on April 11, 2012 at 11:05 PM

Oh, man I bet you get out of so many traffic tickets with that line.

Cops just LOVE to hear that one.

LegendHasIt on April 11, 2012 at 11:13 PM

Justin Case you didn’t know. Hispanic is not a race.

Magnus on April 11, 2012 at 11:05 PM

Tell that to La Raza. I dare you. Someone should save this post for the next time you scream “Racist!” in reference to a discussion about Muslims.

Resist We Much on April 11, 2012 at 11:13 PM

Chudi on April 11, 2012 at 11:10 PM

Let me remind you – this is no trial and you are no judge. Go take your lynching obsession elsewhere – like to a psychiatrist.

VorDaj on April 11, 2012 at 11:13 PM

Over and over we’ve been hearing now that Hispanic is not a race. So how are anti- illegal immigration laws racist?

JohnBrown on April 11, 2012 at 11:14 PM

Magnus on April 11, 2012 at 11:05 PM

I do understand. Just like I understand the “black” is not a collective ownned by the Democrats. But they sure like to characterize “Hispanic” as a collective, so forgive me for Demo-speak. I may be the only other person in the states who has never heard the term “White Hispanic” until this whole Zimmerman/Martin fiasco. I’m always willing to be educated. Please bear in mind though, all of the ethnicities that are deemed “white”. Irish, Scottish, French, Italian, Greek, French, and so on, and so on…………until it benefits someone to categorize.

waterytart on April 11, 2012 at 11:14 PM

RovesChins on April 11, 2012 at 11:08 PM

I’m not sure what the tampon power means? Yes, I use tampons when I menstruate. They are more comfortable than pads. Is that a negative to you? Do you nor other women in your life not use these things? I’ve made no statements invoking Sandra Fluke, nor Rachel Maddow or anytime of idolization of them or want a war on women (which makes no sense). Does my perceived use of tampons or empowerment of tampons suggest this?

Other wise that was the dumbest comment evah!

Magnus on April 11, 2012 at 11:15 PM

So if a beggar is hassling me on the street, does it give me a right to punch him? No, it would be called assault.

sentinelrules on April 11, 2012 at 11:16 PM

Other wise that was the dumbest comment evah!

Magnus on April 11, 2012 at 11:15 PM

Sure! Like you could tell.

viking01 on April 11, 2012 at 11:18 PM

Oh, man I bet you get out of so many traffic tickets with that line.

Cops just LOVE to hear that one.

LegendHasIt on April 11, 2012 at 11:13 PM

I heard at least once a year. One time they not only got a ticket but got .25 cents out of my pocket and said, “keep the change” long before it was a popular slogan.

Conservative4Ever on April 11, 2012 at 11:20 PM

RovesChins on April 11, 2012 at 11:08 PM

Other wise that was the dumbest comment evah!

Magnus on April 11, 2012 at 11:15 PM

Nah, you just blather on like a liberal woman.

RovesChins on April 11, 2012 at 11:20 PM

Justin Case you didn’t know. Hispanic is not a race.

Magnus on April 11, 2012 at 11:05 PM

Resist We Much on April 11, 2012 at 11:13 PM

Hispanic is a group of people connect by the same language. La Raza has no bearing on this technicality. Furthermore they rarely include white Hispanic and black Hispanics in their misshapen view of Hispanic peoples.

I profoundly impressed however that you are able to predict what I will say in the future and in what context. Mind-blowing…

Magnus on April 11, 2012 at 11:20 PM

RovesChins on April 11, 2012 at 11:08 PM

Sure hopin’ you’re not lumping me in with the Magnus thing there. Yup, I’m a chick, but one with a brain and a whole lotta unpopular conservative opinions!

waterytart on April 11, 2012 at 11:20 PM

Chudi on April 11, 2012 at 11:05 PM

Seriously doubt that:
You pay a ton of taxes, or even any in the net result
You’re black
You deserve much in the way of thanks from anyone

M240H on April 11, 2012 at 11:21 PM

Nah, you just blather on like a liberal woman.

RovesChins on April 11, 2012 at 11:20 PM

Explain.

Magnus on April 11, 2012 at 11:21 PM

I have never seen a thread like this on Hot Air.

Alana on April 11, 2012 at 11:22 PM

RovesChins on April 11, 2012 at 11:08 PM

waterytart on April 11, 2012 at 11:20 PM

Of course not. I’m a chic too. She just sounds like a bad version of Contessa Brewer.

RovesChins on April 11, 2012 at 11:23 PM

Amen. Racist can’t understand these concepts because they judge from the pillar of the privalage their whiteness bestows on them by the establishment. To them Trayvon(an average immature stupid teenager) was black thug, which means he deserved to die. Black people in general are thugs, savages, and animals who only know to riot. You see that in this post. They want a race war to happen that is why they are hoarding and stockpiling weapons.

Magnus on April 11, 2012 at 10:35 PM

I’ve always been a peaceful white Australian female, now living in the US. Certainly never have enjoyed what you call white privelege.

Recently, I’ve heard of a conversation held between the New Black Panthers, calling for “blood in the streets” against all these “white motherF*8*** crackers.” (It was real audio tape, played on Glenn Beck’s show).

I find myself having to pray deeply over considering buying a handgun for personal protection, for the first time in my life. Its not somewhere I want to be but its something I need to explore. Its not the whites that want the race war you numbnut. By the way, my grandaughter’s father is black and I love her as much as my other grandchildren, perhaps just a teensy bit more, since she’s my first. I think you are lost.

fullogas on April 11, 2012 at 11:23 PM

Now that Florida is going to charge George Zimmerman, I want to see everyone that has been “demanding justice” to start screaming for justice for Luis Avila, who was shot and killed by an African-American homeowner, Lee Cobbler, in Texas:

Neighbours said they saw a couple of kids who looked like they were up to no good RUNNING FROM THE HOUSE. THEY ALSO HEARD FIVE GUNSHOTS, A PAUSE AND THEN THREE MORE SHOTS.

Where’s Rev. Al? Where’s Jesse Jackson? Where’s Barack Obama? Where’s Eric Holder? Where’s NBC? Where’s ABC? Where’s NPR? Where’s the NYT? Where’s the rest of the MSM?

Resist We Much on April 11, 2012 at 3:01 PM

You can’t really compare the two cases. Just saying. Trayvon Martin didn’t kick somebody’s door in and try to steal their television. He didn’t do anything illegal. Somebody simply THOUGHT he was doing something illegal.

In this case, the homeowner KNEW the person was doing something illegal because they KICKED IN HIS DOOR.

Cordell on April 11, 2012 at 11:23 PM

Nah, you just blather on like a liberal woman.

RovesChins on April 11, 2012 at 11:20 PM

Explain.

Magnus on April 11, 2012 at 11:21 PM

See, not so bright. You don’t even read your own rancid posts.

RovesChins on April 11, 2012 at 11:24 PM

I have never seen a thread like this on Hot Air.

Alana on April 11, 2012 at 11:22 PM

Then you have not read very many.

Conservative4Ever on April 11, 2012 at 11:24 PM

I heard at least once a year.
Conservative4Ever on April 11, 2012 at 11:20 PM

Thank you for the “Serve and Protect”. The crap that you guys have to put up with is incredible.

LegendHasIt on April 11, 2012 at 11:24 PM

sentinelrules on April 11, 2012 at 11:16 PM

This is why I call you people demented racists. Of course, it is assault of you punch him, but if the beggar then pulls out a gun and shoots you dead, he should go free, right? That’s what you racists are arguing for…

You really are dumb.

Chudi on April 11, 2012 at 11:24 PM

Magnus on April 11, 2012 at 11:20 PM

Like I said, tell it to groups like La Raza. They define themselves, not I.

You seriously can’t imagine that I would care one iota about your thoughts or impressions. You don’t appear to be a complete ignorant, idiotic, and vapid troll. Perhaps, I was wrong in my initial assessment.

Carry on…

Resist We Much on April 11, 2012 at 11:25 PM

fullogas on April 11, 2012 at 11:23 PM

Stop praying and buy the gun. Get a permit also. I recommend a .45

Conservative4Ever on April 11, 2012 at 11:26 PM

RovesChins on April 11, 2012 at 10:59 PM

I’d forgotten the parents’ attempt to cash in. I guess we should be spelling it Trayvon™®©.

slickwillie2001 on April 11, 2012 at 11:27 PM

I have never seen a thread like this on Hot Air.

Alana on April 11, 2012 at 11:22 PM

I guess you missed the one about Rick Perry and the rock.

cozmo on April 11, 2012 at 11:27 PM

This is why I call you people demented racists.

Please tell me how my hypothetical scenario is racist?

If I am repeatedly beating the beggar and he pulls out a gun and shoots me to defend himself, he has every right to defend himself.

Why do you believe that the person with the lighter melanin count is always the guilty party?

sentinelrules on April 11, 2012 at 11:28 PM

Trying to bash someones brains out on the cement is illegal – very illegal – it’s attempted murder – even if the basher is black and the bashed is Hispanic.

VorDaj on April 11, 2012 at 11:28 PM

sentinelrules on April 11, 2012 at 11:16 PM

You really are dumb.

Chudi on April 11, 2012 at 11:24 PM

Rock boy, if the beggar has me on the sidewalk bashing my head against the concrete, you betcha I’m gonna shoot him. Apples and bullsh$t, Chudi.

RovesChins on April 11, 2012 at 11:28 PM

You really are dumb.

Chudi on April 11, 2012 at 11:24 PM

He was arrested that night. Did you not see the video of him arriving at the station in handcuffs?

Conservative4Ever on April 11, 2012 at 11:28 PM

LegendHasIt on April 11, 2012 at 11:24 PM

What crap did he put up with exactly? He is a demented racist who stated that Martin deserved to be murdered, because he had to be acting like a thug. I feel for all the black kids and minorities who had to put up with a racist like him when he was a cop.

Chudi on April 11, 2012 at 11:28 PM

Then you have not read very many.

Conservative4Ever on April 11, 2012 at 11:24 PM

I’ve read them every day for the past three years. This one is different.

Alana on April 11, 2012 at 11:29 PM

Justin Case you didn’t know. Hispanic is not a race.

Magnus on April 11, 2012 at 11:05 PM

Resist We Much on April 11, 2012 at 11:13 PM

√√√√√√√√√

slickwillie2001 on April 11, 2012 at 11:29 PM

If Zimmerman perhaps noticed angelic li’l Trayvon repeatedly trying to merge his head into the sidewalk then he might have thought something “illegal” might be going on.

viking01 on April 11, 2012 at 11:30 PM

VorDaj on April 11, 2012 at 11:28 PM

Sad you even have to explain it to Chudi, the liberal. The fact you mentioned “black” & “Hispanic” will probably cause him/her to label you a racist also.

Conservative4Ever on April 11, 2012 at 11:30 PM

You really are dumb.

Chudi on April 11, 2012 at 11:24 PM

Conservative4Ever on April 11, 2012 at 11:28 PM

In handcuffs and questioned for fve hours. But, no, he didn’t have a racist rock in his possession, Chudi boy.

RovesChins on April 11, 2012 at 11:31 PM

Anybody else wonder why we never hear from anybody that went to school with Trayvon or why we never hear from the Black kids Zimmerman mentored? Isn’t that strange we can’t find one single person that went to school with Trayvon or played football with him or anything?

Wagthatdog on April 11, 2012 at 10:10 PM

You mean, he has a background like Obama’s? Maybe Trayvon was more than just Obama’s hypothetical son. Maybe…

CJ on April 11, 2012 at 11:31 PM

waterytart on April 11, 2012 at 11:14 PM

That is fine. It is a common misconception. I was unware until I started a relationship with a Hispanic, married, and procreated with him that I learned of the White Spanish, The Taino, The slaves that created the peoples of Puerto Rico and South America. Just like it is a common misconception that black people, like moi, cannot think independently of a left or right, liberal or conservative, or rep or dem position. It is a erroneous assumption to think our opinions, though some shared as we have a common lens and experience of view of the world was built upon, are all shared. That is why it is baffling the other “women” assumed that I was a liberal and in support of extreme progressive/liberals such as Rachel Maddow(whom I can’t stand BTW) because of certain viewpoints I have on this particular subject which are offensive to hers senses.

I swing both ways baby.

Magnus on April 11, 2012 at 11:31 PM

You really are dumb.

Chudi on April 11, 2012 at 11:24 PM

You really need to take a nap, cranky pants. Just dream of lynching some Hispanic after slamming his head against the cement.

VorDaj on April 11, 2012 at 11:31 PM

Hispanics groups won’t get upset about this media lynching of Zimmerman. They know their place.

Democrats rank the value of their victim groups, and hispanics just don’t rate at all compared to the blacks. I doubt an hispanic even comes close to a gay, let alone a black, unless the hispanic is in the country illegally, of course.

If Zimmerman had been here illegally, instead of being a law abiding citizen trying to protect his fellow citizens by joining a neighborhood watch, this never would have made the national news.

In the eyes of Democrats, blacks are just better and more important than hispanics. Only truly brainless twits don’t already know that.

fadetogray on April 11, 2012 at 11:32 PM

Conservative4Ever on April 11, 2012 at 11:28 PM

Oh yes, he was so arrested, that he slept in his bed that night, and probably went out to celebrate with ilk like you on bagging another black thug. You really should be ashamed of yourself. I never knew people could be so overtly racist, but I am not surprised. The cops down there obviously believed too that Martin deserved to be murdered cus he had to be acting like a thug.

Chudi on April 11, 2012 at 11:32 PM

You can’t really compare the two cases.

I am not the one trying to get Stand Your Ground and Castle Laws repealed.

He didn’t do anything illegal.

You don’t know that. If he threatened Zimmerman, he assaulted him. If he hit Zimmerman first, he committed a battery. Florida Code 843.20 makes it a misdemeanor to threaten or intimidate a member of a neighbourhood crime watch programme “while such member is engaged in. . . an organized neighborhood crime watch program activity.”

If the kid was running away, he doesn’t get to shoot him. I believe that is why it is being sent to the grand jury. The GJ will determine if the homeowner acted in self-defence. I have no problem with a homeowner blowing away a kid, who breaks down his door as long as the perp isn’t retreating. If he is retreating, then the homeowner cannot argue that he used reasonable force because he was in imminent danger of losing his life.

Resist We Much on April 11, 2012 at 11:32 PM

If a strange kid who I had never met started beating me to the ground and there was no one to intervene and I had a gun…hmmm

I’m not sure. GZ maybe shouldn’t have been following Trevon but he didn’t deserve to be beat for it(if that’s what happened). And once he was being beat you can’t expect him to just take it. It’s frightening to have your head hit repeatedly against the ground. You don’t think your actions through at that point.

The other way to see it is that GZ hunted down Trevon, beat the hell out of him and then shot him in cold blood point blank. I guess that’s the way Chudi and Magnus see it. I’m not sure where their evidence comes from though.

BoxHead1 on April 11, 2012 at 11:33 PM

I swing both ways baby.

Magnus on April 11, 2012 at 11:31 PM

Just, dear God, please don’t link to any pictures.

VorDaj on April 11, 2012 at 11:33 PM

Chudi on April 11, 2012 at 11:28 PM

You are slipping.

You forgot to add “I’m a conservative” at the end of your psychobabble.

Conservative4Ever on April 11, 2012 at 11:34 PM

Where’s your proof?

Zimmerman has black family members and friends and neighbors.

Zimmerman helped tutor black kids on weekends.

Zimmerman defended a black homeless man from getting beat by Sanford PD back in 2010, testifying against them.

Oh, and Zimmerman voted for Obama in 2008.

sentinelrules on April 11, 2012 at 11:34 PM

BoxHead1 on April 11, 2012 at 11:33 PM

I suspect a short circuiting microwave, probably Chinese made.

VorDaj on April 11, 2012 at 11:35 PM

BoxHead1 on April 11, 2012 at 11:33 PM

Since Martin was being pursued by GZ, me thinks Martin is the one who was protected by ‘Stand your ground’. Why is he not covered by that law, or was the law only passed for white people in Florida?

Chudi on April 11, 2012 at 11:36 PM

Chudi on April 11, 2012 at 11:32 PM

The only thing I’m ashamed of is I forgot where I put my favorite coffee mug of a picture of an “innocent OJ.”

Conservative4Ever on April 11, 2012 at 11:37 PM

Except that Zimmerman is not White. He lists himself as Hispanic.

sentinelrules on April 11, 2012 at 11:37 PM

The blacks

Riots

Animals

Savages

Thugs

Race war

Is this stormfront.org?

Magnus on April 11, 2012 at 10:08 PM

waterytart on April 11, 2012 at 11:14 PM

I swing both ways baby.

Magnus on April 11, 2012 at 11:31 PM

Your first post looked pretty unhinged to me. Context is your friend. I hate to ask, but what was your feelings with the OJ verdict? Honest question.

RovesChins on April 11, 2012 at 11:37 PM

I suspect a short circuiting microwave, probably Chinese made.

VorDaj on April 11, 2012 at 11:35 PM

That, or reaching inside a television set.

viking01 on April 11, 2012 at 11:39 PM

You forgot to add “I’m a conservative” at the end of your psychobabble.

Conservative4Ever on April 11, 2012 at 11:34 PM

Yeah, and he also pays millions in taxes every year…or something.

cicerone on April 11, 2012 at 11:39 PM

Chudi on April 11, 2012 at 11:36 PM

Stand Your Ground doesn’t apply to Martin here. There is an easy explanation, but telling you might make you flip out.

Oh hell, I will anyway. It doesn’t apply because he isn’t being charged.

Conservative4Ever on April 11, 2012 at 11:39 PM

RovesChins on April 11, 2012 at 11:37 PM

I don’t know. I was fresh in highschool and confused about the entire thing and worried teenager things. The joke is that he did it. The joke is Johnny Cochran rhyme time. OJ Simpson turned out to be a joke. No one has sympathy for him.

Magnus on April 11, 2012 at 11:40 PM

Stop praying and buy the gun. Get a permit also. I recommend a .45

Conservative4Ever on April 11, 2012 at 11:26 PM

And this from a police officer. Gulp. Serious business.

fullogas on April 11, 2012 at 11:42 PM

…it is assault of you punch him, but if the beggar then pulls out a gun and shoots you dead, he should go free, right? That’s what you racists are arguing for…
Chudi on April 11, 2012 at 11:24 PM

It depends on what the punch is like. A simple punch…nah.
But “having a reasonable fear of imminent death or grievous bodily injury”, then yes.
Your choice also has to meet 4 criteria not to end up in hot water:
- You had the aforementioned fear
- A “reasonable person” would agree that your fear was warranted
- You can’t have initiated the confrontation
- Your response cannot involve “excessive force” (more force than warranted)

So, a punch, no. But having your head slammed into the pavement, hearing “You’re gonna die tonight, m**f**er!”, then perhaps.

And if you make the choice to shoot, then your life changes forever.
Would you really want to be George Zimmerman right now?

eeyore on April 11, 2012 at 11:42 PM

Will a website be set up where people can make donations to Mr George Zimmerman’s defense fund?

A donation to such a site would be a great way to flip the bird at all the far-left race-hustling anti-gun Libtards who have deliberately and knowingly pre-judged Mr Zimmerman’s alleged guilt (i.e. they are PREJUDICED).

CatchAll on April 11, 2012 at 11:42 PM

What crap did he put up with exactly? ….
Chudi on April 11, 2012 at 11:28 PM

People with a chip on their shoulders, every day.
People like you.
People who jump to conclusions and demand your exclusions.

So, are you going to riot and burn down your neighborhood if Zimmerman doesn’t get convicted?
You never did answer me when I asked a couple times previously.

LegendHasIt on April 11, 2012 at 11:42 PM

Chudi on April 11, 2012 at 11:36 PM

GZ was in touch with the police the whole time. Don’t you think that if GZ had intent to harm that he would have skipped the 911 call.

Also, following someone when you are doing neighborhood watch in a gated community is wrong?

BoxHead1 on April 11, 2012 at 11:43 PM

Magnus on April 11, 2012 at 10:54 PM

Amazing post!

libfreeordie on April 11, 2012 at 11:44 PM

And this from a police officer. Gulp. Serious business.

fullogas on April 11, 2012 at 11:42 PM

Not anymore. I’m retired, but I would’ve given the same advice when I was one.

Conservative4Ever on April 11, 2012 at 11:44 PM

You really are dumb.

Chudi on April 11, 2012 at 11:24 PM

The only ones who made this story about race were the lynch mob that have been clamoring for Zimmerman’s head ever since this story hit the news. Sharpton, Jackson, Martin’s parents, Obama, the New Black Panthers, NBC News, Spike Lee, the list goes on and on….

But hey-keep on insulting everyone and calling them Nazis because the reality of that fact is too much for you to take.

You have really exposed yourself.

Dreadnought on April 11, 2012 at 11:45 PM

A trial with all defense. How fun. Just delaying the inevitable riots.

Ronnie on April 11, 2012 at 11:46 PM

Dreadnought on April 11, 2012 at 11:45 PM

LOL. Spike Lee is an idiot….I hope he gets sued. He is reaching for relevance cause he has none.

Magnus on April 11, 2012 at 11:47 PM

Part of the Old Media narrative continues to be peddling Trayvon as “unarmed.”

If attacked I could apply sufficient combat Judo such that the perp could be dead before he/she/it hits the ground. God forbid that would ever be necessary. Yet would I be “unarmed”? Yes, but no.

viking01 on April 11, 2012 at 11:47 PM

Magnus on April 11, 2012 at 11:47 PM

Amazing post!

BoxHead1 on April 11, 2012 at 11:48 PM

Night all, old peeps need their rest. Still waiting on that address Chudi. I really want to send you that penny I found. You deserve your taxes back. It is only fair.

Conservative4Ever on April 11, 2012 at 11:48 PM

I’ve read them every day for the past three years. This one is different.

Alana on April 11, 2012 at 11:29 PM

The times are different, Alana. Seems that its ok now for people to call put up wanted, dead or alive posters of a man who hasn’t even had a trial (and call for blood in the streets of white people and yet, those people aren’t arrested). What happened to innocent until proven guilty? We’re going into dangerous territory. Scary times.

fullogas on April 11, 2012 at 11:48 PM

The defamation case Zimmerman has on ABC, NBC, and CNN should be good….

Wagthatdog on April 11, 2012 at 11:48 PM