Breaking: Zimmerman to be charged in Martin shooting; Update: Zimmerman arrested, charged with 2nd-degree murder

posted at 2:56 pm on April 11, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

So says the Washington Post:

Florida special prosecutor Angela Corey plans to announce as early as Wednesday afternoon that she is charging neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman in the shooting ofTrayvon Martin, according to a law enforcement official close to the investigation.

It was not immediately clear what charge Zimmerman will face. …

Corey told reporters Tuesday night that she would hold a news conference about the case within 72 hours. A news release from her office said the event will be held in Sanford or Jacksonville, Fla.

The latest update on the case before now was that his attorneys had resigned from the case, and that they had lost contact with Zimmerman.  Given the bounties that groups like the New Black Panther Party tried to put on his head, his disappearance is somewhat understandable.  Today, former Zimmerman attorney Hal Uhrig expanded on what he knew about Zimmerman’s whereabouts:

“You can stop looking in Florida,” Uhrig told reporters. “Look much further away than that.”

A few days ago, I wrote that we needed to let the investigation proceed and have the facts established on the record, rather than to continue speculating through the prism of media bias and competing agendas, as has been the case for the last couple of weeks.  If the Post proves accurate with this report, it appears that the special prosecutor in the case has found evidence that Zimmerman’s use of lethal force does not meet the statutory requirements for its use in self-defense.  That evidence will have to be weighed by a jury, and they will have to decide whether the prosecutor can prove that case to a reasonable doubt.

Of course, a trial can’t start until Zimmerman returns to the jurisdiction, if in fact he’s left it at all.  But thanks to the way that this case has been handled by the media and by activists, there will be some reasonable doubt as to whether Zimmerman can get a fair trial.  Media outlets broadcast defamatory and false information about Zimmerman, and some even became activists themselves in the case.  Florida should be able to find twelve people who can fairly judge the evidence presented at trial and only that evidence, but it won’t be an easy task to seat such a panel.

Finally, as I suspected all along, the Stand Your Ground law appears to have nothing to do with this case (although it still might be argued by the defense, of course).  If the law was a problem, the prosecutor wouldn’t be able to file charges against Zimmerman.  This case will hinge instead on the normal, core self-defense laws governing the use of lethal force.  Let’s hope we can all wait to see the evidence and weigh it properly in that context when the time comes.

Update: CNS News provides more insight on why Stand Your Ground is irrelevant in this case, courtesy of Ken Blackwell and Ken Klukowski of Liberty University School of Law:

Under any version of the facts, Florida’s “Stand Your Ground” law did not apply in the Trayvon Martin incident. If Zimmerman pursued a confrontation with Martin, then Zimmerman was an attacker and cannot claim SYG. If Zimmerman’s account is true that he was on the ground and Martin was on top of him, then retreat was impossible, so there would be no duty to retreat anyway. A victim in such a situation can use deadly force, but only if he reasonably believes he is being attacked with deadly force.

To our knowledge, that is the law in all fifty states. It was the law before SYG statutes were ever passed, and SYG did nothing to change it.

So why is this not common knowledge after all the reporting on the Martin shooting? Tragically, some anti-gun activists are misinforming the public. They are aided by media commentators who failed the public trust by not researching and understanding the SYG issue before presuming to editorialize on it.

The police are usually not at hand when you are attacked by a criminal. The Second Amendment guarantees the right of law-abiding people to defend themselves. And laws like Castle Doctrine and Stand Your Ground have restored that right in states where it had been eroded, not to take innocent life, but instead to preserve it.

Be sure to read it all, as they also discuss the high standard involving the legitimate use of lethal force.

Update II: The prosecutor filed second-degree murder charges, and the AP reports that Zimmerman has been arrested:

The neighborhood watch volunteer who shot 17-year-old Trayvon Martin was arrested and charged with second-degree murder Wednesday after months of mounting tensions and protests across the country.

George Zimmerman, 28, could get up to life in prison if convicted in the slaying of the unarmed black teenager.

Special prosecutor Angela Corey announced the charges but would not discuss how she arrived at them or disclose other details of her investigation, saying: “That’s why we try cases in court.”

Second-degree murder is typically brought in cases when there is a fight or other confrontation that results in death and but does involve a premeditated plan to kill.

Manslaughter would have been another option, so it’s interesting that she went with murder two.  I assume that this means the prosecution believes they can prove that Zimmerman pursued Martin and shot him, but we’ll know more when the preliminary hearing comes.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 13 14 15 16 17 18

The blacks

Riots

Animals

Savages

Thugs

Race war

Is this stormfront.org?

Magnus on April 11, 2012 at 10:08 PM

What if the unarmed 17-year old is beating you to death by repeatedly slamming your head against a concrete sidewalk?

sentinelrules on April 11, 2012 at 10:06 PM

You can’t shake him from his narrative. Idiocy is strong with that one.

Bitter Clinger on April 11, 2012 at 10:09 PM

I have no sympathy for him. None at all. If you murder a 17 yr old unarmed boy in cold blood…I really won’t give a damn what the hell happens to you. He is a murderer, and he deserves a fate worse than death.

Chudi on April 11, 2012 at 10:02 PM

$5 says you’d answer “democracy” if I asked you to name our form of government. Am I right?

rogerb on April 11, 2012 at 10:09 PM

Chudi on April 11, 2012 at 10:02 PM

I understand, Chudi. If a 17 y/o got on top of you and pounded your head into the sidewalk, there would only be crap coming out.
RACIST ROCK!!!

RovesChins on April 11, 2012 at 10:09 PM

The next thing you will see happen is that all the evidence about Martin (school records / suspensions, drug involvement, eyewitness showing him beating George Zimmerman, etc.) will be suppressed or throw out or declared inadmissable. Zimmerman is being railroaded.

ak90049 on April 11, 2012 at 10:09 PM

Anybody else wonder why we never hear from anybody that went to school with Trayvon or why we never hear from the Black kids Zimmerman mentored? Isn’t that strange we can’t find one single person that went to school with Trayvon or played football with him or anything?

Wagthatdog on April 11, 2012 at 10:10 PM

Right after I posted that, I posted again saying “never mind”, that we were just running around in a circle and nothing was being gained. So, once again, it’s time to end this conversation. No winners, no losers. Everybody gets a participation trophy…or something.

Moose Drool on April 11, 2012 at 9:58 PM

I’ll leave you with some links. Some material that I sincerely hope you’ll read.

The Non-Crime of Price Gouging

Price Gouging Saves Lives (This one specific to our 2004 hurricane season)

A Price Gouging Reader

Dante on April 11, 2012 at 10:10 PM

I hear “judge” Lance Ito is offering to “help.”

viking01 on April 11, 2012 at 10:11 PM

Actually, the law starts out on the defendant’s side, and presumes he is innocent, and his version is what happened. The prosecution must prove otherwise.

Wethal on April 11, 2012 at 9:26 PM

I can bet that you had the opposite view with OJ Simpson. Nonsense.

Chudi on April 11, 2012 at 10:11 PM

You are the disgusting one…and a VILE racist. A 17 year old boy is freaking dead. What the hell is wrong with you. I guess he doesn’t count because he is black. What the hell does somebody breaking into your house to rape you have to do with a 17 year old kid walking to the store to buy soda, and being killed by a 28 yr old cold blooded murderer.

Chudi on April 11, 2012 at 10:08 PM

Is this for real? Off. The. Rails.

DrStock on April 11, 2012 at 10:12 PM

Blake on April 11, 2012 at 9:53 PM

Are you from the Detroit area by chance? I am, born and raised. And, if there is any humor in this situation whatsoever, I raised it on another blog yesterday.

Shabazz was in town a couple of weeks ago (doesn’t live her of course) yelling that if Detroit gets an Emergency Financial Mgr they should burn the city down, for the rest of the state, that was met with a collective “shrug, and knock yourself out” sentiment. We’re ready this time.

And, we also are giving a “shout out” to Jennifer Granholm, thanking her for signing Michigan’s “stand your ground” law. I’m willing to bet, that’s one she wishes she could have a “Mulligan” on.

waterytart on April 11, 2012 at 10:13 PM

The vast majority of people started to believe OJ was guilty came by following the trial…when the DNA evidence came in.

sentinelrules on April 11, 2012 at 10:13 PM

George Zimmerman was speaking to prosecutors for two days against the advice of his counsel. He has been in hiding due to threats against his life.

If you are GZ, being in police custody may not be such a bad thing right now. Even the charges against him, Murder 2, seem like a reach in this situation with what is currently known about the case (although I am no attorney.)

I think the police and prosecutors may have wanted Zimmerman off the streets and under charges so that they can defuse the hostile situation the major media helped to foment.

The trial, and resolution of the charges against Zimmerman will be dealt with sometime down the line when the angry mob all load back up and move out. The prosecution will have to prove Murder 2, or make way for a plea deal.

Caustic Conservative on April 11, 2012 at 10:13 PM

DrStock on April 11, 2012 at 9:58 PM

I guess when some thug sucker punches you and starts slamming your head into the pavement you should just take it because you know the thug doing it might be black.

Right damien you retard?

The cell phone audio is CLEAR that zimmerman wasn’t being aggressive at all, the last thing he said is ‘what are you doing around here?’. Then the sounds of fighting.

If Zimmerman wanted to hurt martin he had a PISTOL, idiot. He wouldn’t use his fists. Obviously the THUG Martin didn’t know Zimmerman was armed when he punched him. Too bad.

DavidM on April 11, 2012 at 7:13 PM

Let us know how that home invasion/robbery goes while you hide in the corner and do t defend your property. There was criminal activity in the area, people were protecting their property. Let the facts come out. But, don’t give me this saint crap…..there are plenty of teens that have committed adult crimes. And, this kid was a thug…you die how you live,

RovesChins on April 11, 2012 at 7:27 PM

damian1967 on April 11, 2012 at 10:15 PM

The Non-Crime of Price Gouging

Price Gouging Saves Lives (This one specific to our 2004 hurricane season)

A Price Gouging Reader

Dante on April 11, 2012 at 10:10 PM

I just got done reading the first one before I saw you post this. To be honest, I thought the term was more prevalent in economics. I was wrong about that. Point taken.

Moose Drool on April 11, 2012 at 10:15 PM

Chudi on April 11, 2012 at 10:02 PM

What kind of cold blooded murderer calls 911 before they intend to murder somebody? This is manslaughter all the way and Zimmerman will get off because the prosecuter got bullied into bringing up more serious charges.

Roymunson on April 11, 2012 at 10:16 PM

I can bet that you had the opposite view with OJ Simpson. Nonsense.

Chudi on April 11, 2012 at 10:11 PM

OJ sliced and diced practically taking their heads off and surprisingly he hadn’t called 911 to report it! Followed by his illustrious gun to his head drive to the airport (headed for Mexico with ready cash) and back followed by one of the most glaring circus race-baiting trials in world history with the malignant judge Lance Ito allowing more ridiculous sidebars than the deluxe buffet.

Your meds ain’t working.

viking01 on April 11, 2012 at 10:17 PM

I wont deny I troll on occassion

damian1967 on April 11, 2012 at 9:32 PM

Count It!

Del Dolemonte on April 11, 2012 at 10:17 PM

sentinelrules on April 11, 2012 at 10:06 PM

But he had a bag of Skittles® What can you do with a bag of Skittles® ??? !!!!!

///

CW on April 11, 2012 at 10:18 PM

If you are GZ, being in police custody may not be such a bad thing right now.

It’s horrible. Why would you even imagine otherwise?

Blake on April 11, 2012 at 10:19 PM

RovesChins on April 11, 2012 at 7:27 PM

damian1967 on April 11, 2012 at 10:15 PM

Yeah, what’s your point? He throws gang signs, talks about killing people, calls himself n$gga, gets caught ans suspended from school for pot. Found with a friend’s stash of jewelry and a screwdriver in his backpack, but won’t say which friend. And yet, no one claimed them or repirted them stolen so no big deal. We got robbed and the police didn’t find our jewelry. Nor our guns. But, he was a perfect angel. His parents should have been more parental when he was alive. If I was caught with pot, I would still be grounded.

RovesChins on April 11, 2012 at 10:20 PM

RovesChins on April 11, 2012 at 7:27 PM

damian1967 on April 11, 2012 at 10:15 PM

So you went back to around 7pm (nearly 3 hours ago) and used that to paint this thread with that broad brush? Well your streak of dishonesty continues. Thanks for playing.

CW on April 11, 2012 at 10:21 PM

Chudi on April 11, 2012 at 10:08 PM

So, do you get this emotionally charged up over the death (you’ll notice I didn’t say “murder” because that hasn’t been proven yet) of every 17 year old boy, or is this a special case because of the race of the victim and the supposed perp? What if the victim was white and the perp was black? Or, to be more indicative of the true statistics, what if both of them were black? I’m just curious.

Moose Drool on April 11, 2012 at 10:21 PM

The thugs and racists got what they wanted. It’s clear that the special prosecutor was throwing a bone at the thugs and the NBPP’s.

I mean…we all know that if he wasn’t charged….most of Florida would be up in flame already.

So…they’ve thrown GZ to the racist, blood thirsty wolves…and that he’ll never see a fair trial. OJ nullification will be the inevitable outcome.

I mean…one “beaner” thrown to the racist wolves is a small sacrifice to appease the mobs…right?

Twana on April 11, 2012 at 10:21 PM

I have no sympathy for him. None at all.
Chudi on April 11, 2012 at 10:02 PM

Didn’t expect that you would..
I wonder: will you riot and burn down your neighborhood if he is found not guilty?

Obviously you know all the facts and have convicted him, will you personally attempt to punish him, or ‘society’ if they fail to convict someone whom YOU have convicted.

LegendHasIt on April 11, 2012 at 10:22 PM

RovesChins on April 11, 2012 at 10:20 PM

Zimmerman has a past as well, so what? Doesn’t make either one of them guilty till the details come out.

damian1967 on April 11, 2012 at 10:22 PM

You are the disgusting one…and a VILE racist.

How am I a racist, Chudi? I am defending a Hispanic Jew? I also happen to know a thing or two about real racism considering that my family lost members in the Holocaust.

“A 17 year old boy is freaking dead. What the hell is wrong with you. I guess he doesn’t count because he is black.”

I have repeatedly said that it was a tragedy. What don’t you understand about that? I don’t care what colour Trayvon was. It was a tragedy regardless.

Here’s a shocker for you, Chudi. One of my boyfriends in law school was an African-American and I was born and raised in a post-racial environment. I am only 34 years-old and from London. Race isn’t a big deal for me. Evidently, it is for you. Actually, it appears to be everything to you.

It has to do with a defendant’s case for self-defence. If, as it is alleged, Trayvon Martin confronted George Zimmerman, punched him in the face, and banged his head on the cement, then the fact that he had gone to the store for Skittles and an iced tea is irrelevant.

“and being killed by a 28 yr old cold blooded murderer.”

Murder is a defined legal term. If Zimmerman acted in self-defence, there was no murder. Period. Story. End of.

By the way, thanks for convicting him without a trial. I bet that you would have fit right in with Stalin’s show trials.

“You are really a disgusting vile human being. You have to manufacture a fictitious rape, to justify murdering a kid in cold blood. You are pure EVIL.”

I didn’t manufacture anything, you stupid f*ck. It is called a HYPOTHETICAL. We use them in the law to explain the law. In fact, it is what every law student deals with in every law exam, including the bar. Obviously, you know nothing about the law so colour me unsurprised by your ignorance.

Resist We Much on April 11, 2012 at 10:22 PM

sentinelrules on April 11, 2012 at 10:06 PM

I’m sure if Zimmerman was being almost beat to death and having his head slammed into concrete over and over like some of you claim he’d be a little more injured than a bump on the back of the head. Probably be laid up in a hospital.

Magnus on April 11, 2012 at 10:22 PM

can you guys wait for the trial before making the case for guilty or innocent?

Is it really that hard to stand in the middle and not cast judgement one way or another?

Can.I.be.in.the.middle on April 11, 2012 at 10:22 PM

Chudi on April 11, 2012 at 10:08 PM

Pssst your freakout is showing.

CW on April 11, 2012 at 10:23 PM

Chudi on April 11, 2012 at 10:02 PM

In all honesty, if the sweet, young, child in a hoodie bearing skittles and Arizona iced tea showed up on my doorstep (even if he was white) and I felt threatenend by him, he’ be air conditioned, sorry.

waterytart on April 11, 2012 at 10:23 PM

Trayvon’s parents and their allies were simply calling for a man who was walking FREE for 45 days after killing an unarmed teenager to be arrested and charged. what the right is doing is far more dangerous to Zimmerman’s chances for a fair trial by turning this into a Obama v. Zimmerman meme

DBear on April 11, 2012 at 9:33 PM

Actually, this entire story was Ignored by everyone involved for almost all of those “45 Days”.

It took that long for the Democrats, and their Democrat Media, to formulate their “response”, which was to make this case a thousand times more important than any other comparable case happening on a regular basis all over America.

The reason? Simple? O’bama can’t run on his “record”.

F-

Del Dolemonte on April 11, 2012 at 10:24 PM

Reason why I stayed out of this.
All conservatives who defended him now look stupid and racist.

social-justice on April 11, 2012 at 2:59 PM

I think maybe the real reason you stayed out of this is because your thinker isn’t up to the task of having an adult conversation. If you truly cannot comprehend that the ridiculous political theater this has become demands Zimmerman be charged whether or not he should be, you are a truly blinkered individual.

NotCoach on April 11, 2012 at 3:03 PM

+100.

Yep.

HeatSeeker2011 on April 11, 2012 at 3:05 PM

I hope you and your family never have to face this type of tragedy of somebody MURDERING one of your own and the MURDER going free

0bamaderangementsyndrom on April 11, 2012 at 3:09 PM

I have. Lost my father to an illegal in 1989 @ Phoenix Az. In fact on the same date of the Trayvon shooting. The one who killed my father claimed self-defense and he was never charged, nor arrested.

To this day, I’m not sure if it was a bad or good thing because there were no witnesses. The evidence didn’t prove or disapprove self-defense, let alone a murder charge. I’ve read the report 100′s of times looking it as a police officer. I’m retired now.

My father was also a self-made homeless man.

That said, I still think Trayvon was probably acting like a thug and Zimmerman was probably defending himself. Won’t know for sure until all the evidence is revealed.

Morale of my story: Sometimes, we just will never know even if you can see all the evidence.

Conservative4Ever on April 11, 2012 at 10:24 PM

Actually, it appears to be everything to you.

Resist We Much on April 11, 2012 at 10:22 PM

You noticed that too. Well you did forget about soccer. That is second on the list.

CW on April 11, 2012 at 10:25 PM

Yoop, there it is! (whereabouts in the UP?)

DrStock on April 11, 2012 at 10:05 PM

I can’t see Russia from where I be, but I think I can almost see Wisconsin if I jump high enough, eh.

Yoop on April 11, 2012 at 10:26 PM

Wethal on April 11, 2012 at 9:26 PM

I can bet that you had the opposite view with OJ Simpson. Nonsense.

Chudi on April 11, 2012 at 10:11 PM

Just how stupid are you? The presumption of innocence is not Wethal’s opinion, it’s a principle of American jurisprudence (implied in several amendments to the Constitution) and of many other civilized countries.

Shay on April 11, 2012 at 10:27 PM

Magnus on April 11, 2012 at 10:22 PM

You see that is where self defense comes in. The idea is to prevent death and severe injury.

So much stupidity.

CW on April 11, 2012 at 10:27 PM

RovesChins on April 11, 2012 at 10:20 PM

damian1967 on April 11, 2012 at 10:22 PM

And yet, youve been trolling all afternoon here against Zimmerman’s explanation. Et tu?

RovesChins on April 11, 2012 at 10:27 PM

RovesChins on April 11, 2012 at 10:27 PM

Ouch. Damian spanked yet again.

CW on April 11, 2012 at 10:29 PM

Magnus on April 11, 2012 at 10:22 PM

Looks like a self-defense gun prevented your wish ?

viking01 on April 11, 2012 at 10:29 PM

So much stupidity.

CW on April 11, 2012 at 10:27 PM

So if your following me, I start running away from you, you pursue me, I get scared turn around and pop you in the mouth I deserve to get shot and killed? Uhmm yeah..

“They always get away…”

I guess Zimmerman couldn’t let this one get away now could he?

Magnus on April 11, 2012 at 10:30 PM

Does a broken nose and face contusions count?

If you were a woman and being attacked by a rapist, when can she defend herself from her attacker? When the penis is penetrating?

sentinelrules on April 11, 2012 at 10:31 PM

damian1967 on April 11, 2012 at 10:31 PM

Moose Drool on April 11, 2012 at 10:21 PM

Chudi on April 11, 2012 at 10:31 PM

Looks like a self-defense gun prevented your wish ?

viking01 on April 11, 2012 at 10:29 PM

Wish for what? What did I wish? *looks back through her post*

Please quote what I wished. I don’t see myself making any wishes.

Magnus on April 11, 2012 at 10:31 PM

Magnus on April 11, 2012 at 10:22 PM

Under no circumstances should one wait until they are seriously injuries to make the decision to defend themselves.

We call that the too late defense.

Conservative4Ever on April 11, 2012 at 10:32 PM

Conservative4Ever on April 11, 2012 at 10:24 PM

That is heartbreaking, truly, I cannot imagine, bless your heart and that of your family.

Since I really am a citizen of “Hooterville” and not wily in the ways of the internet, how do we get “La Raza” involved in this? If they’re not willing to take up for the cause of this man, Mr Zimmerman, they are eithr racist themselves, or liars at best.

waterytart on April 11, 2012 at 10:32 PM

where are the new Black Panthers relevant except on Fox News? I don’t hear MSNBC or CNN going on and on and on about the neo-nazis down there looking to cause trouble. why give fringe groups the attention and power they are so desperate for?

DBear on April 11, 2012 at 9:47 PM

Charge them for putting a bounty on a man’s head… then the chatter will die down.

RalphyBoy on April 11, 2012 at 10:32 PM

“They always get away…”

I guess Zimmerman couldn’t let this one get away now could he?

Magnus on April 11, 2012 at 10:30 PM

May as well make it up as you go along. Oh, wait.

viking01 on April 11, 2012 at 10:32 PM

Got scared? If you initiate physical contact and continue to hit the individual, the victim has every right to defend himself/herself.

sentinelrules on April 11, 2012 at 10:33 PM

Reposting:

In response to the “He was told to stand down and kept ‘hunting and stalking’ Travon Martin anyway” crowd. Let’s go to the audiotape:

Dispatcher: Just let me know if he does anything ok

Zimmerman: How long until you get an officer over here?

Dispatcher: Yeah we’ve got someone on the way, just let me know if this guy does anything else.

Then:

Zimmerman: No you go in straight through the entrance and then you make a left…uh you go straight in, don’t turn, and make a left. Sh1t he’s running.

Dispatcher: He’s running? Which way is he running?

Then (Sound of Truck Door Opening/Closing):

Dispatcher: Are you following him?

Zimmerman: Yeah

Dispatcher: Ok, we don’t need you to do that.

Zimmerman: Ok

Dispatcher: Alright sir what is your name?

Zimmerman: George…He ran.

Then:

Dispatcher: Okay do you live in the area?

Zimmerman: Yeah, I…[unintelligible]

Dispatcher: What’s your apartment number?

Zimmerman: It’s a home it’s 1950, oh cr-p I don’t want to give it all out, I don’t know where this kid is.

Dispatcher: Okay do you want to just meet with them right near the mailboxes then?

Zimmerman: Yeah that’s fine.

Resist We Much on April 11, 2012 at 10:33 PM

Really ? For what?

CW on April 11, 2012 at 9:30 PM

For threatening to kill my family…

PatriotRider on April 11, 2012 at 10:33 PM

So much stupidity.

CW on April 11, 2012 at 10:27 PM

“They always get away…”

I guess Zimmerman couldn’t let this one get away now could he?

Magnus on April 11, 2012 at 10:30 PM

Not when he’s on top of me, slamming my head into the concrete. You’re comparing apples and bullsh$t here.

RovesChins on April 11, 2012 at 10:34 PM

Listening to this logic, a woman can’t defend herself from a rapist until she has been penetrated.

sentinelrules on April 11, 2012 at 10:34 PM

Please quote what I wished. I don’t see myself making any wishes.

Magnus on April 11, 2012 at 10:31 PM

More like dreamed. Like the rest of your posts. Gotta stick to the narrative kid.

viking01 on April 11, 2012 at 10:35 PM

Chudi on April 11, 2012 at 10:31 PM

Amen. Racist can’t understand these concepts because they judge from the pillar of the privalage their whiteness bestows on them by the establishment. To them Trayvon(an average immature stupid teenager) was black thug, which means he deserved to die. Black people in general are thugs, savages, and animals who only know to riot. You see that in this post. They want a race war to happen that is why they are hoarding and stockpiling weapons.

Magnus on April 11, 2012 at 10:35 PM

“They always get away…”

I guess Zimmerman couldn’t let this one get away now could he?

Magnus on April 11, 2012 at 10:30 PM

Of course you know I responded to your post:

Magnus on April 11, 2012 at 10:22 PM

Your 10:30 post has nothing to do with the discussion now does it?

The dishonesty of you pukes and your games is tiresome.

CW on April 11, 2012 at 10:35 PM

viking01 on April 11, 2012 at 10:35 PM

Explain.

Magnus on April 11, 2012 at 10:36 PM

damian1967 on April 11, 2012 at 10:31 PM

Define deadly force.

Yoop on April 11, 2012 at 10:36 PM

Yoop on April 11, 2012 at 10:26 PM

Ya,ya. Houghton or Copper Harbor? Escanaba, eh? I was born and raised in the “tumb” on Lake Huron.

DrStock on April 11, 2012 at 10:37 PM

Resist We Much on April 11, 2012 at 10:22 PM

Don’t give me that nonsense about being Jewish. That has zero bearing on our discussion, just like how a random man breaking into your house to rape you has zero bearing on a kid walking down the street. I am Jewish myself too, go figure…and it has zero, zero bearing on how I look at the case.

Your post demonstrated exactly what you are and how you viewed Martin. You freaking wrote a thesis on why a man who murdered him in cold blood for walking down the street deserved to never be charged at all, and backed it up by using evidence of a man breaking into your house to rape you.

Your BS is pretty apparent.

Chudi on April 11, 2012 at 10:38 PM

Magnus on April 11, 2012 at 10:35 PM

heh you don’t even know the racial makeup of the posters. You’re a dishonest puke. It cannot be said enough.

CW on April 11, 2012 at 10:38 PM

Right, because if a white perp shoots dead a black cop, we would all defend the white perp.

Are you a member of Rev. Jeremiah Wright’s church of Hate and Bigotry?

sentinelrules on April 11, 2012 at 10:38 PM

I guess Zimmerman couldn’t let this one get away now could he?

Magnus on April 11, 2012 at 10:30 PM

Dispatcher: What’s your apartment number?

Resist We Much on April 11, 2012 at 10:39 PM

Your BS is pretty apparent.

Chudi on April 11, 2012 at 10:38 PM

Well you do know BS. Bad day little man?

CW on April 11, 2012 at 10:39 PM

Explain.

Magnus on April 11, 2012 at 10:36 PM

No need. CW already has done so at 10:35.

viking01 on April 11, 2012 at 10:39 PM

Reposting:

Dispatcher: Just let me know if he does anything ok

Zimmerman: How long until you get an officer over here?

Then:

Dispatcher: He’s running? Which way is he running?

Then (Sound of Truck Door Opening/Closing):

Dispatcher: Are you following him?

Zimmerman: Yeah

Dispatcher: Ok, we don’t need you to do that.

Zimmerman: Ok

Dispatcher: Alright sir what is your name?

Zimmerman: George…He ran.

Then:

Dispatcher: Okay do you live in the area?

Zimmerman: Yeah, I…[unintelligible]

Dispatcher: What’s your apartment number?

Zimmerman: Yeah that’s fine.

Resist We Much on April 11, 2012 at 10:33 PM

Note sure who posted this originally, but the dispatcher doesn’t have the authority to tell him to stop following. It wouldn’t be a lawful command.

Conservative4Ever on April 11, 2012 at 10:40 PM

Wagthatdog on April 11, 2012 at 10:10 PM

Not really. We had a guy campaign for President, for 2 full years and never saw anyone he grew up with. I’m still waiting for the interview with his coke dealer.

TugboatPhil on April 11, 2012 at 10:40 PM

In late 2010 and early 2011 George Zimmerman, the Hispanic Sanford, Fla., man who shot and killed 17-year-old black teen Trayvon Martin, publicly demanded discipline in a race-related beating case for at least two of the police officers who cleared him after the Feb. 26 altercation, according to records obtained by The Daily Caller.

In a letter to Seminole County NAACP president Turner Clayton, a member of the Zimmerman family wrote that George was one of “very few” in Sanford who publicly condemned the “beating of the black homeless man Sherman Ware on Dec. 4, 2010, by the son of a Sanford police officer,” who is white.

TheDC has confirmed the identity of the Zimmerman family member who wrote the letter but is withholding that person’s specific identity out of concern for the family’s safety.

On Dec. 4, 2010, Justin Collison, the son of Sanford Police Department Lt. Chris Collison, was involved in a bar fight at The Wet Spot bar in Sanford. During the fight, which moved from indoors to outdoors, the younger Collison struck Ware.

Ware suffered a concussion, and paramedics took him to the hospital shortly after police arrived on the scene. Collison was not arrested or charged, even though an onlooker had video evidence of his actions.

No arrest was made and no action taken for weeks. Documents and emails now show police officers and officials from the office of the State Attorney operated with extreme caution because Collison’s father was a high-ranking law enforcement officer.

In the final days of 2010, an Orlando television station aired the video footage of Justin Collison beating Ware. Collison turned himself in six days later, on Jan. 3, 2011. He agreed to pay for Ware’s medical bills and make donations to nonprofit organizations, including the NAACP.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/04/04/zimmerman-demanded-discipline-in-2010-race-related-beating-for-officers-who-investigated-martin-shooting/#ixzz1rn2ugT9s

PS: Learn how to spell.

Resist We Much on April 11, 2012 at 10:41 PM

Sigh.. “Not sure” instead of “note sure”

Conservative4Ever on April 11, 2012 at 10:41 PM

I’m not in any way in favor of the black racists that are milking this story, but the truth is that none of us know anything about this case except what we’ve seen or heard in the media. The judicial system in Florida needs to be allowed to work its way through the evidence and testimony of people that actually know something about the events of that day. It is no more to prejudge this case in favor of Zimmerman than it is to prejudge it against him. None of us should want to see “justice” developed by polls.

MikeA on April 11, 2012 at 10:41 PM

Chudi on April 11, 2012 at 10:08 PM

Sounds like somebody doesn’t have a valid argument to make.

cicerone on April 11, 2012 at 10:42 PM

CW on April 11, 2012 at 10:38 PM

And hopefully you are intelligent enough to know that the ability to be racist can have no bearing on your racial make-up. Being a racist is an affliction on the mind, not the body.

Magnus on April 11, 2012 at 10:42 PM

Moose Drool on April 11, 2012 at 10:21 PM
If the victim was white, I will bet you that Martin would have been arrested that night. No way in hell are you telling me that the police will let a black man go home without arresting him. Even you people cannot be that delusional.About the statistics you mention about black on black crime, the only difference is that they all get arrested if they are identified. They don’t get to go home and chill, or have the luxury of being defended on the internet, radio and TV by demented morons who think it’s ok to murder random teenagers on the street in cold blood.

Chudi on April 11, 2012 at 10:31 PM

1. I didn’t say anything about who is arresting who. I was asking about your emotional response to the case, as opposed to how you would be about the other two scenarios I laid out.

2. Who the hell is “you people”?

Moose Drool on April 11, 2012 at 10:43 PM

Chudi on April 11, 2012 at 10:31 PM

Magnus on April 11, 2012 at 10:35 PM

The problem with your race war argument is blacks tend to burn down their own neighborhoods. Me and my brown/white self can pop some popcorn and watch them riot and loot their own…but, then I remember we have to pay to clean up the mess. As usual. You want to see racists, look no further than Obama, Holder, Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, and the new black panther party. Your average immature teenager was anything but average…busted with pot, jewelry he lied about, and slamming a man’s head into concrete. If this is average, we are all screwed. But please, continue beating that racist rock. The fact you’re cozy with Chudi says a lot.

RovesChins on April 11, 2012 at 10:43 PM

Conservative4Ever on April 11, 2012 at 10:24 PM

Apparently it is not against the law for white people to shoot black teenagers acting like thugs on the street. I am a conservative, but sometimes I really wonder if what liberals say about you imbeciles are not accurate.

Can you tell me how that is not a racist statement. I doubt you would say that if the roles were reversed. you really are demented.

Chudi on April 11, 2012 at 10:44 PM

Chudi on April 11, 2012 at 10:02 PM

Do you have your own Lynch Mob T-shirt or Hoodie?

VorDaj on April 11, 2012 at 10:45 PM

It appears that Chudi and the other Trayvonites realize how much Angela “giggles” Corey has stepped in it by suggesting that a murderer would call the police to help him with the premeditated “crime.”

It’ll take an OJ jury to swallow that one. Not that Corey won’t try.

viking01 on April 11, 2012 at 10:45 PM

Sure are a lotta kangaroos in the court today.

profitsbeard on April 11, 2012 at 10:46 PM

PS: Learn how to spell.

Resist We Much on April 11, 2012 at 10:41 PM

I do not believe George Zimmerman is a racist, I believe he was prejudice and overzealous.

I do believe a lot of them commentary here, in response to this article, is racist coming from racist.

And my spelling what good enough for your comprehension, and thas jus fin wit me!

Magnus on April 11, 2012 at 10:47 PM

DrStock on April 11, 2012 at 10:37 PM

Oh, ya be one dem flatlander trolls, from below da bridge. ;-)

But dat be hokay. I been to da tum, fishin’dem lake perch. An hey, my sister be a troll too, from dat Deer Born.

Yoop on April 11, 2012 at 10:47 PM

Chudi on April 11, 2012 at 10:31 PM

African-American man sitting in car with girlfriend shoots and kills “white Hispanic” man, who happens to be mentally-handicapped, walking his dog in Phoenix. Claims self-defence and that leash was a bat. No charges.

Epic fail.

Resist We Much on April 11, 2012 at 10:47 PM

Remember when Liberals used to believe in Due Process and “Innocent Until Proven Guilty”?

Neither do I.

sentinelrules on April 11, 2012 at 10:47 PM

Chudi on April 11, 2012 at 10:44 PM

chupi, chupi, chupi…

You cannot make a coherent point
you cannot think beyond racism
you cannot back up your idiotic statements
your only ally is as goofy as you

Maybe you ought to take your racist rock and go back to the kiddie table since all you can do is call people names.

cozmo on April 11, 2012 at 10:49 PM

Chudi on April 11, 2012 at 10:44 PM

Don’t try to preen around with your “Moral Superiority” crap as you are just a low rent lyncher and nothing more.

VorDaj on April 11, 2012 at 10:49 PM

Chudi on April 11, 2012 at 10:44 PM

You stop telling people you are conservative. You are the only one who believes this lie.

Conservative4Ever on April 11, 2012 at 10:50 PM

Conservative4Ever on April 11, 2012 at 10:40 PM

I did. My point was to show that he said “OK” and the later said that he didn’t know where Trayvon was. Evidently, he had abandoned the pursuit…contrary to the lynch mob’s arguments.

Resist We Much on April 11, 2012 at 10:52 PM

VorDaj on April 11, 2012 at 10:49 PM

and you a blatant racist. How imbecilic can you be to be calling me a lyncher while defended the cold blooded murder of an unarmed teenager. Hey moron, you are the real lyncher and racist to boot.

Chudi on April 11, 2012 at 10:52 PM

Magnus on April 11, 2012 at 10:35 PM

Stunningly disingenuous… Intellectual honesty just isn’t your thing, apparently.

cicerone on April 11, 2012 at 10:52 PM

Conservative4Ever on April 11, 2012 at 10:50 PM

Nope, his racist rock tells him he is.

That’s good enough for chupi.

cozmo on April 11, 2012 at 10:52 PM

Chudi on April 11, 2012 at 10:44 PM

You ran around here crowing about a racist rock for two weeks. A ROCK. Your statements on race are as entertaining as a complete moron ranting about a racist rock.

RovesChins on April 11, 2012 at 10:52 PM

Not sure who posted this originally, but the dispatcher doesn’t have the authority to tell him to stop following. It wouldn’t be a lawful command.

Conservative4Ever on April 11, 2012 at 10:40 PM

Resist We Much on April 11, 2012 at 10:52 PM

Ahh gotcha. Thanks

Conservative4Ever on April 11, 2012 at 10:53 PM

Conservative4Ever on April 11, 2012 at 10:50 PM

I don’t give a damn what overt, demented racists think of me, so you can go to hell for all I care.

Chudi on April 11, 2012 at 10:53 PM

Magnus on April 11, 2012 at 10:47 PM

That in itself is prejudice.
Game over. Thanks for playing !
Enjoy your free consolation prize hoodie !

viking01 on April 11, 2012 at 10:53 PM

Hey moron, you are the real lyncher and racist to boot.

Chudi on April 11, 2012 at 10:52 PM

The truth is that you undoubtedly make a similar accusation everytime somebody disagrees with you, right? Not credible…

cicerone on April 11, 2012 at 10:54 PM

RovesChins on April 11, 2012 at 10:43 PM

Because you are ignorant.

Riots are not inherent to black folk. Rioting comes from the powerless and disenfranchised. It is response to frustration, it is an outcry of outrage. Throughout history and amongst many different peoples of various cultures and colors (yes, white folks too) rioting has happened.

And yes the average dumb immature teenager, regardless of the color of their skin, especially amongst males and growing amongst females, have incidences of violence, drug abuse, alcohol abuse, theft, and sexual misconduct. Youtube and Facebook is a great resource to find their poor choice forever floating around the internet. And yes it’s a sad state of affairs.

Magnus on April 11, 2012 at 10:54 PM

Chudi on April 11, 2012 at 10:52 PM

It has been my experience those who call others “racist” are usually the one who is truly racist. Just sayin, liberal

Conservative4Ever on April 11, 2012 at 10:55 PM

Magnus on April 11, 2012 at 10:35 PM

cicerone on April 11, 2012 at 10:52 PM

What did you expect him to say when you and your ilk are arguing that Martin deserved to be murdered because he had to be acting like a thug. That ‘acting like a thug’ part is a direct quote.

You racists don’t like to be called on your BS.

Chudi on April 11, 2012 at 10:55 PM

Chudi on April 11, 2012 at 10:44 PM

1. Zimmerman is hispanic, not white. Or is that statement a general one and not conducive to this case?

2. You’re a conservative? I call BS on that one. But if you really are…

3. then you just called yourself an imbecile, which is true nonetheless.

Moose Drool on April 11, 2012 at 10:55 PM

Chudi on April 11, 2012 at 10:52 PM

There you go again … lynching the Hispanic guy yet again. You just can’t help yourself, can you. No question mark as that was rhetorical. Are you Al Sharpton. BTW, you need remedial English.

VorDaj on April 11, 2012 at 10:57 PM