Quotes of the day

posted at 10:46 pm on April 10, 2012 by Allahpundit

“The Obama administration is emphasizing ‘fairness’ over deficit reduction in its renewed pitch for the ‘Buffett rule’ ahead of next week’s scheduled Senate vote.

“Introducing a minimum 30 percent income tax on millionaires ‘was never our plan to bring the deficit down and get the debt under control,’ Jason Furman, the principal deputy director of the White House National Economic Council, told reporters on a conference call Monday afternoon. ‘This is not the president’s entire tax plan. We’re not trying to say this solves all our economic problems, all our budget problems.’

“Making the argument for the rule based on billionaire investor Warren Buffett’s argument that it’s wrong for him to pay a lower tax rate than his secretary, President Barack Obama said in the State of the Union address in January that paying the ‘fair share of taxes’ was necessary for a ‘sense of shared responsibility. That’s how we’ll reduce our deficit.’”

***

“‘This comes down to values,’ said Rep. Tammy Baldwin (D-Wis.), who has sponsored the House version of the Buffett Rule legislation and is running for Senate this year. ‘This isn’t class warfare.’

“But it seems clear that the Democratic effort is intended to remind voters of Romney’s background, with an Obama campaign email sent to supporters on Monday explicitly calling out the former Massachusetts governor.

“‘When it comes to our broken tax system, Romney is proposing additional breaks for the folks in the very highest brackets (folks like him, incidentally),’ the email said.”

***

“It turns out that most Americans do not think that 35% or anything close is a fair tax rate, even for bizarre windfalls such as winning a lottery. In February, the online pollster YouGov asked a representative sample of 3,500 American adults what they thought would be a ‘fair amount of tax’ to pay on lottery winnings. The survey specified different amounts of winnings, ranging from $1 million to $100 million. (The amount shown to each respondent was selected at random from a set of seven possible values.) Respondents gave their answers in dollars, and YouGov computed the implied percentage tax that they thought was fair.

“Less than a quarter of respondents chose a tax rate of 30% or higher on any level of lottery winnings. The vast majority thought that a reasonable amount to pay was much lower, with the average being only 15%. Democrats and Republicans differed only a little: The average rate preferred by Republicans was 14%, compared with 17% for Democrats.”

***

“On the seventh and final page of its background report on the ‘Buffett Rule,’ out this morning, the Obama administration finally dives into what it calls ‘the economic rationale’ for imposing a new minimum tax rate on millionaires. If you’re an unemployed American, that placement should be your first red flag. The second should be the rationale itself…

“Voters overwhelmingly want the presidential election to focus on jobs and the economy. In Florida today and on the campaign trail for months to come, President Obama will attempt to narrow that focus to the idea that wealthy Americans should pay at least the same effective income tax rates as their middle-class counterparts…

“If the Buffett Rule was a serious pitch to help the jobless, it would deal with one of those main drivers of unemployment. It would boost persistently weak aggregate demand or incentivize business investment. It does neither. Instead, it tells America’s job-seekers, Don’t worry, we’re going to make the tax code look more fair to you. Lots of polls suggest that’s a good political argument. But that’s what it is: a political pitch.”

***

“‘Tax fairness is unlikely to either help or hurt the president with swing independents,’ said Matt Bennett, Third Way’s senior vice president for public affairs, referring to a term the think tank used to describe persuadable independents up for grabs by either nominee.

“‘Most of them — like most voters — support raising taxes on the wealthy,’ he told RCP. ‘But this just isn’t their major concern. They don’t believe that their lives will be made fundamentally better, or that the American economy will get back on top simply by taxing the rich a bit more. Our research shows that swing independents are keenly interested in messages and policies about restoring American economic health and providing more opportunity for them, but especially for their kids.’…

“A majority of 57 percent in the Third Way survey said they view American society as fair, and they put income inequality near the bottom of their worries. Sixty-two percent said they are ‘doing better than the average American.’ What they care about, according to the responses, is a president with a plan to provide economic opportunity so that Americans can succeed through hard work in the future. Opportunity, they found, trumps fairness.”

***

“The U.S. already has a Buffett rule. The Alternative Minimum Tax that first became law in 1969 was also supposed to make sure that millionaires pay their ‘fair share.’ The top AMT rate is now 28%. But the AMT has become a public nuisance, adding new complexity to the tax code and ensnaring more and more middle-class families because it isn’t indexed for inflation. The surest prediction in politics is that any tax that starts by hitting the rich ends up hitting the middle class because that is where the real money is…

“The century-long history of the federal income tax teaches us one lesson over and over: The higher the tax rates, the more loopholes Congress inserts as a way around those rates. This is why the government collected roughly as much tax revenue as a share of GDP when the top tax rate was 70% in the 1970s as it did when the rate fell to 28% in 1986…

“The only investment and hiring the Buffett rule is likely to spur will be outside the United States — in China, Germany, India, and other competitors with much more investment-friendly tax regimes. The Buffett rule would give the U.S. the fourth highest capital gains rate among OECD nations, according to a new study by Ernst & Young, to go along with what is now the highest corporate tax rate (a little under 40% for the combined federal and average state rate). That’s what happens when politicians pursue fairness over growth.”

***

“But Operation: Reverse Reagan is already under way. In additional to cutting marginal tax rates, Reagan indexed tax brackets to inflation, stopping the automatic, inflation-induced tax hikes that were so notorious in the ’70s. But as AEI economist Jim Capretta points out, the Obamacare tax hikes associated with Medicare — 0.9% on wages and 3.8% on non-wage income — are not indexed for inflation. While they will start out only hitting high-income taxpayers (individual with incomes exceeding $200,000 and couples with incomes above $250,000), every year they will affect more and more Americans, rich and middle-income alike. Bracket creep is back.

“And don’t forget about the tax hike plans of liberal House members. Their recent ‘Budget for All’ proposal would a0 allow the top-end Bush tax cuts to expire, b) create five new tax brackets — 45%, 46%, 47%, 48%, and 49% — for ‘millionaires and billionaires, c) slap a European-style wealth tax of 0.5% on fortunes of $10 million or more, d) raise income taxes on the broad middle by allowing the ’28% and 25% brackets to sunset once the economy is on solid footing, in 2017 and 2019, respectively.’ That means higher taxes on families making over $70,000 a year.

“The Buffett Rule? It would be just the beginning for Obama.”

***

“I think people think the Buffett Rule is sort of budget pixie dust.”

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

Just tell them that anyone who is still falling for O’s BS can’t be too bright and then laugh hysterically.

VorDaj on April 11, 2012 at 12:55 AM

I usually start out with something mild like that to give them a chance to back off. If they continue, I open up on them. I talk to them like liberals have been talking to conservatives forever. Character assassinations.

jaime on April 11, 2012 at 12:58 AM

okay, you can stop listining…he moved onto space aliens.

dom89031 on April 11, 2012 at 12:59 AM

KOOLAID2 on April 11, 2012 at 12:54 AM

He will be gone before you’ll be able to quit. Happens every time with his type of stick poking troll. They are notoriously thin skinned, when poked back they always make a mistake. Thats when you walk them to the door.

Bmore on April 11, 2012 at 12:59 AM

“Time to choose country’s direction” — Obama

It sure is the wrong one, doofus.

Schadenfreude on April 11, 2012 at 12:59 AM

I certainly have that feeling when I see an Obama 2012 bumper sticker. It tells me that the driver of that vehicle is none too bright.

AZfederalist on April 11, 2012 at 12:58 AM

I have actually taken to pointing and laughing at them. Is that mean?

Bmore on April 11, 2012 at 1:01 AM

Do they sound like this.

RickB on April 11, 2012 at 12:46 AM

Very good.

arnold ziffel on April 11, 2012 at 1:02 AM

“Time to choose country’s direction” — Obama

Schadenfreude on April 11, 2012 at 12:59 AM

Isn’t that just a remarkable bald face lie of a line? I mean I realize he believes it.

Bmore on April 11, 2012 at 1:02 AM

I dont know how accurate it is, but I have seen a rumor going around that 0bama has the big C…

Wolftech on April 11, 2012 at 1:03 AM

Bmore on April 11, 2012 at 1:02 AM

Rule #1 – when he speaks, he lies.

Schadenfreude on April 11, 2012 at 1:03 AM

Its so simple, just answer two easy questions.

Again:

What principle is it that says when you have more, you owe more?

You know, most people wouldn’t have a problem if it was just a matter of owing more. What is egregious is that you are viewed as owing a larger percentage of your income. So not only is the magnitude higher, the proportion of what you earn is higher. Yet that’s considered fair? I guess if you are a mathematical illiterate and don’t understand percentages, maybe it is. /oh wait, we are talking about libs here.

What principle is it that says when you have less, you’re owed more?

What was that about our 16th amendment?

Fair? That’s just a lie.

Speakup on April 11, 2012 at 12:56 AM

Very marxist of them, isn’t it? Read about Wilson and you find he wasn’t far off of Karl’s reservation. He, like our current POTUS hated this country as founded.

AZfederalist on April 11, 2012 at 1:03 AM

k :) I got my fill of hippy bashing. and it’s past my bedtime, I’m still caring for a dog with half a leg.

ya’ll have fun tonight…see ya

DHChron on April 11, 2012 at 1:03 AM

Do they sound like this.

RickB on April 11, 2012 at 12:46 AM

Serious drum work right there. ; )

Bmore on April 11, 2012 at 1:04 AM

DHChron
Later buddy, talk at ya later…….;-)

angrymike on April 11, 2012 at 1:05 AM

Rule #1 – when he speaks, he lies.

Schadenfreude on April 11, 2012 at 1:03 AM

Normally I’d agree, but he was pretty animate about wanting to poke us with sticks.

Bmore on April 11, 2012 at 1:05 AM

Wolftech on April 11, 2012 at 1:03 AM

Disregard… Someone regurgitated some tabloid article about 0bama having cancer from ’09 with a new picture of 0bama Drudge linked showing how thin 0bama supposedly is.

Wolftech on April 11, 2012 at 1:07 AM

Is it just me, or does it seem obvious that–since our deficit is in the trillions of dollars and the Buffet rule proposes a several percentage point change in the tax on the annual income of the richest people in our country, whose net worth, best case, is measured in only a few multiples of a billion dollars–that the Buffet rule will be like pi$$ing in the proverbial dark suit? It will give Obama a warm feeling, but nobody will notice?

smellthecoffee on April 11, 2012 at 1:07 AM

arnold ziffel on April 11, 2012 at 12:53 AM

This one?

Bmore on April 11, 2012 at 12:57 AM

Yes sir.
I watched them film this

arnold ziffel on April 11, 2012 at 1:07 AM

ya’ll have fun tonight…see ya

DHChron on April 11, 2012 at 1:03 AM

Good Night DHChron. Did the vet have to amputate? I missed that.

Bmore on April 11, 2012 at 1:07 AM

I have actually taken to pointing and laughing at them. Is that mean?

Bmore on April 11, 2012 at 1:01 AM

Nah, it’s just like that kid in school who acted weird. If nobody had pointed it out, he would never have changed.

I certainly know that I don’t mind moving around them if they are going too slow, even if I’m getting off at the next exit.

AZfederalist on April 11, 2012 at 1:10 AM

Bmore
No but it looks real bad, the doc says it should be fine.
say a prayer for the pup…….;-)

angrymike on April 11, 2012 at 1:10 AM

Wolftech on April 11, 2012 at 1:03 AM

What? Constipation, crankiness, chancres?

arnold ziffel on April 11, 2012 at 1:10 AM

Yes sir.
I watched them film this

arnold ziffel on April 11, 2012 at 1:07 AM

Got a Zydeco feel to it.

Bmore on April 11, 2012 at 1:10 AM

President Obama, who famously called for tax increases on the wealthy to “spread the wealth around,” denied today that his tax increases on the rich are an attempt to “redistribute wealth.”

“So these investments — in things like education and research and health care — they haven’t been made as some grand scheme to redistribute wealth from one group to another,” the president said today at Florida Atlantic University. “This is not some socialist dream,” Obama added, as he called for tax increases on millionaires today to pay for those investments.

When he advocated the same plan in 2008, though, Obama described this “spread the wealth around” policy. “I’m gonna cut taxes a little bit more for the folks who are most in need and for the 5 percent of the folks who are doing very well – even though they’ve been working hard and I appreciate that – I just want to make sure they’re paying a little bit more in order to pay for those other tax cuts,” he told Samuel Wurzelbacher (aka Joe the Plumber), who is now running for Congress.

Judas couldn’t come up with such pretzeling.

Schadenfreude on April 11, 2012 at 1:13 AM

angrymike on April 11, 2012 at 1:10 AM

Oh, good deal. I was starting to go back and see how I missed that. Hopefully the pup well recover completely then.

Bmore on April 11, 2012 at 1:13 AM

Dire, did you like Mott?

Bmore on April 11, 2012 at 1:14 AM

“Time to choose country’s direction” — Obama

It sure is the wrong one, doofus.

Schadenfreude on April 11, 2012 at 12:59 AM

Always trust Dear Leader Barack Hussein Louie Obama in everything he says and does even if the connection between what he says and does is not apparent to your mind. He wouldn’t be doing what he is doing to whom he is doing it if he didn’t know where he was at when he was doing it or he wouldn’t be where he was at if he didn’t know what he was doing and to whom he was doing it to.

Cheshire Cat on April 11, 2012 at 1:14 AM

I love the Drudge page. Good and fun to watch. 0 is done!

Bmore on April 11, 2012 at 1:18 AM

Got a Zydeco feel to it.

Bmore on April 11, 2012 at 1:10 AM

When Buck first sang that and then with Dwight I hated it. Liked country music, just did not like the “twangy” Blue grass. Funny how I like it now—Dwight, Skruggs, etc. As I have aged like a fine several months old wine, I appreciate more and more different music. Dire had a group from 1973 earlier Hopple or Hoople, that I had never heard of.

arnold ziffel on April 11, 2012 at 1:18 AM

Bmore
He’s got a blog now, funny stuff, he kinda updates his pup, so I check it daily.

Well I guess I’m done. Good night great ppl of Hot Gas, don’t have to much fun……;-)

angrymike on April 11, 2012 at 1:18 AM

Cheshire Cat on April 11, 2012 at 1:14 AM

Unless he is truly and abject failure. Then he wouldn’t have a clue.

Bmore on April 11, 2012 at 1:19 AM

angrymike on April 11, 2012 at 1:18 AM

What’s the link angrymike?

Bmore on April 11, 2012 at 1:20 AM

Bmore on April 11, 2012 at 1:14 AM

This Mott..:)

Dire Straits on April 11, 2012 at 1:20 AM

Dire had a group from 1973 earlier Hopple or Hoople, that I had never heard of.

arnold ziffel on April 11, 2012 at 1:18 AM

When, where? See if you like any of this.

Bmore on April 11, 2012 at 1:23 AM

This Mott..:)

Dire Straits on April 11, 2012 at 1:20 AM

That looks like a nice group to bring home to meet mom.

arnold ziffel on April 11, 2012 at 1:23 AM

Bmore
dopehead chronicles @blogspot.com

angrymike on April 11, 2012 at 1:24 AM

This Mott..:)

Dire Straits on April 11, 2012 at 1:20 AM

Yes, I didn’t know if you had seen the one I posted for you earlier. I know how you can be when something post’s at the end of a page. ; )

Bmore on April 11, 2012 at 1:24 AM

dopehead chronicles @blogspot.com

angrymike on April 11, 2012 at 1:24 AM

Thanks angrymike. Sleep well brother.

Bmore on April 11, 2012 at 1:25 AM

Bmore
that’s my Chevy he’s got up at his place…;-)

angrymike on April 11, 2012 at 1:26 AM

1) Buffett could voluntarily pay more to the US Treasury if he wanted.

2) Much of Buffett’s income is taxed at the lower dividend rate. His scty’s income isn’t. Buffett also donates — and takes the tax deduction for doing so — large sums of money each year.

3) Buffett should pay the $1M owed the Treasury in back taxes.

This “what’s yours is mine” socialist/entitlement philosophy has got to be beaten back…

Gohawgs on April 11, 2012 at 1:26 AM

arnold ziffel on April 11, 2012 at 1:23 AM

I hear you..I’m not a fan..It is okay..:)

Dire Straits on April 11, 2012 at 1:27 AM

DHChron, I can’t post at your blog, so I’ll comment here for now. Here is what I would have written on the pooch comment thingy. ” Good looking pup. That freaking snake nailed her bad. She’s looking bright eyed though, thats good.”

Bmore on April 11, 2012 at 1:33 AM

that’s my Chevy he’s got up at his place…;-)

angrymike on April 11, 2012 at 1:26 AM

Schweet!

Bmore on April 11, 2012 at 1:34 AM

Gohawgs on April 11, 2012 at 1:26 AM

Yep.

Bmore on April 11, 2012 at 1:35 AM

They should renamed the Buffet Rule the Middle Class Will Be Paying 30% Soon Enough Act.

Spliff Menendez on April 11, 2012 at 1:36 AM

T

hat looks like a nice group to bring home to meet mom.

arnold ziffel on April 11, 2012 at 1:23 AM

Watch it. : /

Bmore on April 11, 2012 at 1:37 AM

There’s one for you, nineteen for me

Gohawgs on April 11, 2012 at 1:40 AM

Bmore on April 11, 2012 at 1:33 AM

I went to his blog after reading your post. I am a dog lover. They don’t care what you look like or do. They just want to be on your team. They are part of your family. DHChron’s girl is just sitting there like “I’ll be OK pop, just a few more days.”

arnold ziffel on April 11, 2012 at 1:41 AM

There’s one for you, nineteen for me…

Gohawgs on April 11, 2012 at 1:40 AM

Good one. ; )

Bmore on April 11, 2012 at 1:42 AM

and “I got that snake for you.”

arnold ziffel on April 11, 2012 at 1:42 AM

Dire, did you like Mott?

Bmore on April 11, 2012 at 1:14 AM

Not a fan..I’m more of a every street guy..:)

Dire Straits on April 11, 2012 at 1:43 AM

There’s one for you, nineteen for me…

Gohawgs on April 11, 2012 at 1:40 AM

Pretty soon that’s not enough. Just paid my Fed and State taxes and I’m not happy. Not so much to cripple me, but the total effing wasteful spending by the govt. is so out of hand.

arnold ziffel on April 11, 2012 at 1:45 AM

Not a fan..I’m more of a every street guy..:)

Dire Straits on April 11, 2012 at 1:43 AM

I posted this on the W thread. It just seemed somehow appropriate.

Bmore on April 11, 2012 at 1:49 AM

Not a fan..I’m more of a every street guy..:)

Dire Straits on April 11, 2012 at 1:43 AM

Nice. that’s the album I just ordered but has a three week wait for whatever reason.

Try this.
Very unappreciated while he was still alive imo.

arnold ziffel on April 11, 2012 at 1:50 AM

Dire Straits on April 11, 2012 at 1:43 AM

How could I have missed that?…

Gohawgs on April 11, 2012 at 1:50 AM

arnold ziffel on April 11, 2012 at 1:45 AM

Yep. Taxes are eating out the middle.

Bmore on April 11, 2012 at 1:50 AM

arnold ziffel on April 11, 2012 at 1:50 AM

arnold , why don’t you just download it and burn a DVD?

Bmore on April 11, 2012 at 1:52 AM

arnold ziffel on April 11, 2012 at 1:50 AM

i like Warren..Good stuff..:)

Dire Straits on April 11, 2012 at 1:52 AM

Gohawgs on April 11, 2012 at 1:50 AM

LoLz..:)

Dire Straits on April 11, 2012 at 1:53 AM

arnold , why don’t you just download it and burn a DVD?

Bmore on April 11, 2012 at 1:52 AM

lol. Because I guess I’m retarded and never thought of that. My son has burned cd’s for me in the past so I guess I should ask him.

I’m signing off now and something occurred to me. All the goofballs that don’t want to read our QOTD stuff—and note how we were able to weave politics and BS together, might want to just stop at midnight and start again about three am edt. Then they won’t have such a heavy burden to worry about. Now I’m going to go yell at Mrs. Ziffel and kick the wiener dog just for fun. :)

arnold ziffel on April 11, 2012 at 1:58 AM

Good Night arnold. Sleep well.

Bmore on April 11, 2012 at 2:01 AM

arnold ziffel on April 11, 2012 at 1:58 AM

Later..:)

Dire Straits on April 11, 2012 at 2:01 AM

Well I guess its time to crash. I’ll leave you late nighters to it. Dreams.

Good Night All.

Bmore on April 11, 2012 at 2:03 AM

Bmore on April 11, 2012 at 2:03 AM

Later..:)

Dire Straits on April 11, 2012 at 2:09 AM

The Mrs

Gohawgs on April 11, 2012 at 2:10 AM

Thanks for the I Robot last night gohawgz

John the Libertarian on April 11, 2012 at 2:14 AM

I miss W

SparkPlug on April 11, 2012 at 2:16 AM

There’s one for you, nineteen for me…

Gohawgs on April 11, 2012 at 1:40 AM

Hey I’ll take this nineteen any day.

John the Libertarian on April 11, 2012 at 2:17 AM

Hey I’ll take this nineteen any day.

John the Libertarian on April 11, 2012 at 2:17 AM

I had you Peg’ed before clicking on the link…Your welcome for the AP…

Gohawgs on April 11, 2012 at 2:20 AM

SparkPlug on April 11, 2012 at 2:18 AM

Here’s to wishing he’ll go away, and soon…

Gohawgs on April 11, 2012 at 2:22 AM

Gohawgs on April 11, 2012 at 2:22 AM

He is wasting away but not in Jimmy Buffet’s Margaritaville. Maybe Warren Buffets.

SparkPlug on April 11, 2012 at 2:25 AM

Peg

Gohawgs on April 11, 2012 at 2:20 AM

It will come back to you.

John the Libertarian on April 11, 2012 at 2:25 AM

Donald Fagan, Michael McDonald and Boz Scaggs are touring again this summer as Dukes of September.

John the Libertarian on April 11, 2012 at 2:26 AM

John the Libertarian on April 11, 2012 at 2:26 AM

Talk about Reelin’ in the years. I’ll hafta look that tour up…

Gohawgs on April 11, 2012 at 2:29 AM

Federal income tax was promised never, ever, cross their heart and hope to die, go over 7%.

In 7 years it was 70%.

That is the rule of 7′s on the federal income tax.

Whenever they tell you it is about ‘fairness’ and getting ‘the rich to pay’, it is about power over what you earn being handed to Congress.

This needs to change.

ajacksonian on April 11, 2012 at 6:41 AM

**Breaking**

8.7 Mag earthquake in Indian Ocean. Tsunami warnings all over the place–

ted c on April 11, 2012 at 6:56 AM

Is there truth to the rumor that Newt has officially changed his name to Protest?

MJBrutus on April 11, 2012 at 7:15 AM

MJBrutus on April 11, 2012 at 7:15 AM

more like “Mayhem” from those AllState commercials.

ted c on April 11, 2012 at 7:17 AM

The one thing I’m thankful about, with Obama is, he really believes this crap. Most smart politicians would hide behind some code words and rhetoric. Not Obama, he’s going right into the class-warfare, community organizer rhetoric that most people in this country don’t believe.

Yesterday, he got cheers at FAU, where most of the people are still attached to their families money, in some form or another, so they aren’t used to having to go out and fend for themselves. ONce they are, and they realize how this president is an impediment to their becoming established, they’ll rethink all that cheering.

Finally, I’m thankful because it’s a proven rule of politics that, if you can’t give people a reason to vote for you, they’re going to vote for the one who does. Obama is using his divisive rhetoric so much that he’s removing over half the voters from his, “I’ll vote for Obama” side and moving them to Romney. That’s fine with me.

bflat879 on April 11, 2012 at 7:36 AM

Why Obama hates Paul Ryan…

and why we cannot allow Obama to play his lying demagogic ploys any more.

onlineanalyst on April 11, 2012 at 7:41 AM

bflat879 on April 11, 2012 at 7:36 AM

Good points. And it’s why I am so happy that we have a candidate who will ensure that this election is a referendum on Obama. Indies are not going to recoil in horror over the prospect of Mitt. They won’t have to ask themselves if the fire is worse than the frying pan. Instead, they will have a clear choice to change direction or to keep traveling down the road that they know is leading to ruin.

MJBrutus on April 11, 2012 at 7:42 AM

“Time to choose country’s direction” — Obama

It sure is the wrong one, doofus.

Schadenfreude on April 11, 2012 at 12:59 AM

The 52% of American voters who opted for “change” only have “hope” remaining.
Besides, didn’t they CHOOSE this “direction” FOR us in 2008?
Thanks, ya maroons. How’s that been workin’ for ya?
~(Ä)~

Karl Magnus on April 11, 2012 at 7:55 AM

From each according to his abilities to each according to his needs.

kingsjester on April 11, 2012 at 8:00 AM

First they came for the millionaires. What has happened to the big push for a flat tax? If we ever hope to get politicians out of our tax paying, we need this to happen.

Kissmygrits on April 11, 2012 at 9:34 AM

The Obama Rule

There’s nothing wrong with Capitalism
There’s nothing wrong with free enterprise
Don’t try to make me feel guilty
I’m so tired of hearing you cry.

There’s nothing wrong with making some profit
If you ask me I’ll say it’s just fine
There’s nothing wrong with wanting to live nice
I’m so tired of hearing you whine
About the revolution
Bringin’ down the rich
When was the last time you dug a ditch, baby!

If it ain’t one thing
Then it’s the other
Any cause that crosses your path
Your heart bleeds for anyone’s brother
I’ve got to tell you you’re a pain in the ass.

You criticize with plenty of vigor
You rationalize everything that you do
With catchy phrases and heavy quotations
And everybody is crazy but you

You’re just a middle class, socialist brat
From a suburban family and you never really had to work
And you tell me that we’ve got to get back
To the struggling masses (whoever they are)
You talk, talk, talk about suffering and pain
Your mouth is bigger than your entire brain
What the hell do you know about suffering and pain . . .

There’s nothing wrong with Capitalism.

Resist We Much on April 11, 2012 at 9:44 AM

The more I see 0, the less I like about him.

Bmore on April 11, 2012 at 9:49 AM