Gingrich: I’ve finally got Romney one on one

posted at 9:15 pm on April 10, 2012 by Allahpundit

I can’t find the clip online but, via Fox Insider, he actually told Huckabee this afternoon, “[T]here may be a debate [...] between Romney and me.” Delusional and desperate for attention: When exactly did Newt turn into Mirlande Wilson?

It’s time for an intervention. We need the one person he respects above all others to go pat him on the back, congratulate him on his indefatigability, and tell him that it’s time for the lion in winter to retreat to his lair. How about it, Mr. Toffler?

Former Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich was just on the Mike Huckabee Radio show, and commented on Santorum suspending his own presidential campaign just moments ago. On the show, Gingrich discussed finally getting to be ’1-on-1′ with Romney, how he will campaign going forward, and a possible debate in North Carolina with the current front-runner…

“I am not focused on going after Romney; I want to focus on the issues and Barack Obama. I will admit it was a slugging match in Florida; people who like me don’t want me down in the gutter. We will see what Governor Romney decides. I am going to focus on the Republican platform and why Obama is a grave threat to this country.”

“Our folks are making calls to undecideds and those for Rick [Santorum]; we have been talking to someone in North Carolina, and there may be a debate [...] between Romney and me. I would like to have an open dialogue – just the two of us, a chat.”

He told Hannity later this afternoon that Bubba Watson wasn’t leading at the start of the last day of the Masters either, but hey. Any Newt fans want to hazard a theory of why Romney would ever, ever, ever agree to another primary debate now that his chief competitor just dropped out and he’s finally free to turn his attention to Obama? Newt’s now reached the check-bouncing stage of his campaign; so desperate for cash is he that the “home” link on his campaign website redirects repeatedly to the donations page. Why embarrass himself by even suggesting that Romney might agree to it?

For your evening viewing pleasure, here’s Santorum’s spokesman on “Hardball” today dancing around the campaign’s obvious disdain for Romney. Damning-with-faint-praise exit quotation about Mitt: “He’s more conservative than Barack Obama, and that’s what we’re all going to have to come to grips with.”

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Where to begin with this one? Alaska wasn’t a caucus, Palin voted for him in the primary, Palin announced her vote after the polls closed. Unless people are psychic they didn’t know whether she would back Gingrich or Santorum until she announced it after the fact.

alwaysfiredup on April 10, 2012 at 11:55 PM

You are wrong. Alaska is caucus state and Newt got 1,865 votes.

Mitt Romney 4,285 32.4% -
Rick Santorum 3,860 29.2% -
Ron Paul 3,175 24.0% -
Newt Gingrich 1,865 14.1%

Link.

JPeterman on April 11, 2012 at 12:04 AM

JPeterman on April 11, 2012 at 12:04 AM

The caucus delegates are bound to a primary poll taken immediately prior.

alwaysfiredup on April 11, 2012 at 12:05 AM

I have a bridge to nowhere to sell you.

SauerKraut537 on April 11, 2012 at 12:04 AM

Yet you remain incapable of supplying links to your liberal talking points.

Yes, that is relevant.

DannoJyd on April 11, 2012 at 12:07 AM

RUSH: I will just say this: If the Republican establishment is not careful, they are going to destroy themselves in the process of this campaign. If they screw this up… We’ve never had a better chance to win than this. If they screw this up, folks…

DannoJyd on April 10, 2012 at 11:40 PM

All that is true, Danno. But YOU can play a role in screwing it up, too. Rush didn’t say that if it gets screwed up, that it is the “republican establishment” that screwed it up, he simply said the establishment better not screw it up.

What I am seeing so far is a bunch of idiots on places like this intent on screwing it up and getting Obama re-elected.

Now I am not so naive as to believe that 100% of the people here are Republicans, or even conservatives. Not even 90% are. A lot of the people here pretending to be disgruntled conservatives are actually Democrats and we all know that. The good thing about places like this is you can just decide to read something else and leave the idiots blithering to themselves.

crosspatch on April 11, 2012 at 12:08 AM

You are full of mistakes. There was one debate pre-Florida, not two. And Newt won all the debates prior to that hands-down.

alwaysfiredup on April 10, 2012 at 11:58 PM

Wrong again.

There were two.

JPeterman on April 11, 2012 at 12:08 AM

I would say people like ITGuy, angryred, allfiredup are more likely Democrat agitators than actual Republicans.

crosspatch on April 11, 2012 at 12:09 AM

DannoJyd on April 11, 2012 at 12:07 AM

Liberal talking points?! WTH? Get off the bong friend.

SauerKraut537 on April 11, 2012 at 12:10 AM

There were two.

JPeterman on April 11, 2012 at 12:08 AM

Ok, you got me there. I think Newt did well in the one on Jan 23, but you were right, I was wrong.

alwaysfiredup on April 11, 2012 at 12:11 AM

crosspatch on April 11, 2012 at 12:08 AM

Fighting stupid is like smoking crack… I think.

SauerKraut537 on April 11, 2012 at 12:11 AM

crosspatch on April 11, 2012 at 12:09 AM

You don’t know anything about me.

alwaysfiredup on April 11, 2012 at 12:11 AM

Never heard a good word out of their mouths for WEEKS about Newt … now when Santorum caves, they have their noses right up his rear end, or appear to in these postings here.

They are against whoever is the current Republican leader and will be always. They will support whoever would be easiest for Obama to beat.

Newt Gingrich will not likely collect another delegate for the rest of this campaign.

And as for Texas, to be honest, I don’t think Romney is going to need it because I believe California is going to push him over the top.

crosspatch on April 11, 2012 at 12:12 AM

You don’t know anything about me.

alwaysfiredup on April 11, 2012 at 12:11 AM

I know what you post here. And everything you post here assists Obama.

crosspatch on April 11, 2012 at 12:12 AM

Never heard a good word out of their mouths for WEEKS about Newt

crosspatch on April 11, 2012 at 12:12 AM

Riiiight. It’s not like I haven’t been on these boards advocating for Newt for months.

alwaysfiredup on April 11, 2012 at 12:13 AM

I know what you post here. And everything you post here assists Obama.

crosspatch on April 11, 2012 at 12:12 AM

Clearly, you don’t.

Never heard a good word out of their mouths for WEEKS about Newt

crosspatch on April 11, 2012 at 12:12 AM

QED.

alwaysfiredup on April 11, 2012 at 12:13 AM

alwaysfiredup on April 10, 2012 at 11:58 PM

Yea, he “won” all the debates and won two states. Shows you how much those debates mean. When the chips were down, he choked like the Chicago Cubs, flat out. We had 20 something debates, and Gingrich did good in almost all of them but he didn’t beat the hell out of anybody. He definitely didn’t lay a glove on Romney that I saw.

kurtd on April 11, 2012 at 12:16 AM

crosspatch on April 11, 2012 at 12:09 AM

Not sure they’re Dems, but the venom they (and others) spew about the HA commentariat who support Mitt is definitely strange.

Slainte on April 11, 2012 at 12:16 AM

crosspatch on April 11, 2012 at 12:08 AM

You can keep ducking the issue of Conservatives NOT supporting liberal Sketchy all you want, but it remains a fact today.

Get off the bong friend.

SauerKraut537 on April 11, 2012 at 12:10 AM

I’m LMAO here right now. I make the POINT that all you offer is liberal talking points, so what do you do? You offer up another liberal talking point!!! hahaHAHAHAHA…

BTW, I do support people smoking dope as their efforts make my life so much easier when I’m competing against anyone of them.

DannoJyd on April 11, 2012 at 12:17 AM

kurtd on April 11, 2012 at 12:16 AM

If they are meaningless, then Romney would have no reason to turn them down. free earned media and all.

alwaysfiredup on April 11, 2012 at 12:18 AM

It starts: The reason moderate candidates lose is because of conservative intransigence. Always.

alwaysfiredup on April 10, 2012 at 11:48 PM

I am not sure what your point is, A lot of people on this site say that they wouldn’t vote for Romney, so if he loses because of that then of course he lost because of conservatives,

People who don’t want to do the research see what they want to see.

BTW, how many years ago did you stop listening to Rush? 6? More?

DannoJyd on April 10, 2012 at 11:49 PM

I still listen to him whenever i drive at that time, I am just not following him blindly as i used to

OrthodoxJew on April 11, 2012 at 12:18 AM

the venom they (and others) spew about the HA commentariat who support Mitt candidates not named Mitt is definitely strange.

Slainte on April 11, 2012 at 12:16 AM

I would totally agree. Memories are long.

alwaysfiredup on April 11, 2012 at 12:19 AM

Newt’s like the Black Knight in Monty Python and the Holy Grail: he just won’t give it up.

The important things now are uniting against Obama and electing more conservatives to Congress, retaking the Senate, so we can ensure Romney does what he does best: cut expenses, fire unneeded employees, and make things run more effectively and efficiently.

Without a Congress willing to make the necessary cuts, no President could do what needs to be done: sequestering or impounding appropriated funds is unconstitutional, even if the agency doesn’t want or need to spend the money.

With up to three Supreme Court seats possibly coming open in the next term, and 200-300 lower federal bench openings, all for lifetime tenure, we need to get Obama out and a Republican in.

Adjoran on April 11, 2012 at 12:20 AM

OrthodoxJew on April 11, 2012 at 12:18 AM

You sound like Democrats who think tax cuts are “spending within the tax code”. My vote doesn’t belong to Mitt, it belongs to me. If Mitt didn’t get my vote, that’s on him.

alwaysfiredup on April 11, 2012 at 12:21 AM

crosspatch on April 11, 2012 at 12:08 AM

It’s really pretty funny how they give themselves away without realizing it. Libs really have very little concept of what conservatives are all about.

ghostwriter on April 11, 2012 at 12:21 AM

alwaysfiredup on April 10, 2012 at 11:58 PM

Wrong again.

There were two.

JPeterman on April 11, 2012 at 12:08 AM

HA!

kurtd on April 11, 2012 at 12:21 AM

crosspatch on April 11, 2012 at 12:09 AM

Slainte on April 11, 2012 at 12:16 AM

What I find to be strange is having ANYONE support ANY liberal after 4 years of 0bama. Honestly, what do you like about Sketchy?

Go Google Mitt Romney Mass. Gov., or Mitt Romney judicial selections, or Mitt Romney Taxes if you have yet to do so and you will then NEVER AGAIN wonder why people are against that liberal.

DannoJyd on April 11, 2012 at 12:22 AM

kurtd on April 11, 2012 at 12:16 AM

The knock out blow by Mitt.

I’m not a fan of Mitt, but he made a fool out of Newt. The look on Newts face is priceless.

JPeterman on April 11, 2012 at 12:24 AM

alwaysfiredup on April 11, 2012 at 12:18 AM

Mitt doesn’t need to debate Newton. He’s got the nom and he doesn’t need the free publicity, but Newton does. Even if Newton got the publicity he craves, he hasn’t a chance in hades of changing the game.

Slainte on April 11, 2012 at 12:24 AM

DannoJyd on April 11, 2012 at 12:22 AM

You can keep calling Romney a liberal as much as you please, but it doesn’t make it so. At any rate, he is a lot better than Obama.

ghostwriter on April 11, 2012 at 12:24 AM

alwaysfiredup on April 11, 2012 at 12:13 AM

The self-appointed loyalty officers also tried to write MadCon out of the party a day or two ago for insufficient and he’s been here for years (maybe even as far back as the start of the blog?). You can’t reason with cultists.

Doomberg on April 11, 2012 at 12:24 AM

DannoJyd on April 11, 2012 at 12:17 AM

LMFAO!

In Danno’s world:

Get off the bong friend = liberal talking point?

Using a pun to allude to Sarah Palin’s Bridge to Nowhere (which I’m glad she finally denied the funds for it, after she first supported it by the way) = liberal talking point

Hmm. Maybe you SHOULD listen to that first bit of advice. You certainly argue as if you’re under the influence…

SauerKraut537 on April 11, 2012 at 12:25 AM

Yet Romney continues to lose in all of the polls against The 0ne. HMMM!

DannoJyd on April 11, 2012 at 12:01 AM

as opposed to Santorum or Gingrich that were shown in most polls as beating Obama lol :-)…

jimver on April 11, 2012 at 12:25 AM

Adjoran on April 11, 2012 at 12:20 AM

To me all that says is we need to take both the senate and the house. That’s definitely worth working for. mitt? Not so much.

alwaysfiredup on April 11, 2012 at 12:25 AM

Doomberg on April 11, 2012 at 12:24 AM

*insufficient loyalty, bah.

Doomberg on April 11, 2012 at 12:26 AM

I am just not following him blindly as i used to

OrthodoxJew on April 11, 2012 at 12:18 AM

There are Blind followers of Rush? WOW! I’ve never met any of them.

One of the things I like about Rush is his on-line site where he posts links to the articles he discusses. IMHO, there is nothing more interesting than having a chance to witness both sides of any discussion.

I started listening to Rush with my purpose being to prove him wrong once on his show. I find it difficult to get past Snerdly though. :o(

DannoJyd on April 11, 2012 at 12:26 AM

he doesn’t need the free publicity

Slainte on April 11, 2012 at 12:24 AM

Yes, he does. All candidates need free publicity. He doesn’t want to debate because he’s risk-averse. That’s also another reason he will lose.

alwaysfiredup on April 11, 2012 at 12:27 AM

What I am seeing so far is a bunch of idiots on places like this intent on screwing it up and getting Willard nominated.

Emperor Norton on April 11, 2012 at 12:28 AM

DannoJyd on April 11, 2012 at 12:26 AM

I hate all forms of talk radio. If the radio is on it’s tuned to music.

alwaysfiredup on April 11, 2012 at 12:28 AM

alwaysfiredup on April 11, 2012 at 12:25 AM

Right. Because the Republicans won’t just roll over on Obama’s SCOTUS nominations. That’s all we need more empathy, more wise latinas on the SCOTUS.

Some of these blogs are ridiculous with these cartoon, pretend “principled” conservatives, playoing in their little sandbox all by themselves.

ghostwriter on April 11, 2012 at 12:29 AM

The knock out blow by Mitt.

JPeterman on April 11, 2012 at 12:24 AM

I’d forgotten how big that spanking was… Wow!

Romney’s command of information is exceptional and he’s going to tear Obama up in the debates. He has his bad days too but when he’s on, he’s on.

SauerKraut537 on April 11, 2012 at 12:29 AM

ghostwriter on April 11, 2012 at 12:29 AM

You presume Mitt will stand up for conservatism but Congress will not?

That makes zero sense to me.

alwaysfiredup on April 11, 2012 at 12:30 AM

DannoJyd on April 11, 2012 at 12:22 AM

I don’t need to Google Mitt. I live next door to Mass. You, however, need to to engage in some actual due diligence and look at Mitt’s real record there. He was far more conservative than some folks give him credit for being. He was one of the most conservative pols we’ve ever had in the Northeast. No, not perfect by any stretch. He made some missteps, but on balance, he did more for Mass than any other conservative in the state’s history.

Slainte on April 11, 2012 at 12:31 AM

ghostwriter on April 11, 2012 at 12:24 AM

You can run from Google and the facts, but both will catch up to you in the end. Sketchy IS the great white 0bama.

SauerKraut537 on April 11, 2012 at 12:25 AM

Your liberal talking points remain weak TEA. So does your liberal RINO.

jimver on April 11, 2012 at 12:25 AM

And when Mittens loses to The 0ne, who gets the blame?

DannoJyd on April 11, 2012 at 12:33 AM

You presume Mitt will stand up for conservatism but Congress will not?

That makes zero sense to me.

alwaysfiredup on April 11, 2012 at 12:30 AM

GHW Bush was a moderate, and he gave us Thomas. GWB also was a moderate, and he gave us Roberts and Alito. Do you think that there is any conceivable chance that Obama would actually appoint a real jurist that won’t be completely in the bag for any and every left-wing cause?

Tell me, when was the last time that the Republicans defeated a liberal appointee to the SCOTUS?

ghostwriter on April 11, 2012 at 12:34 AM

JPeterman on April 11, 2012 at 12:24 AM

I thought it really rich of Mitt to go after Newt’s capitalist business but wailed and whined when Newt went after Mitt’s capitalist business. I imagine Newt did too.

alwaysfiredup on April 11, 2012 at 12:35 AM

The Willard supporters are as laughable as the supporters of Pappy Bush in 1992. They told us, “Well, you have to vote for Bush, because if you don’t, Bill Clinton will be elected.” Heh. Of course, if they voted for Pappy Bush, then Pappy Bush would have been re-elected!

The species known as the RINO is headed for the ash heap of history.

Either we dump Willard, or the Republican Party goes down in a defeat similar to the trouncing of the Progressive Conservative Party of Canada in 1994. They went from a majority of 154 seats in the Canadian Parliement–to 2 seats. That’s right, 2!

Spain overwhelmingly elected a very Conservative prime minister late last year–Mariano Lajoy, of the People’s Party. They didn’t screw around with el RINO.

Emperor Norton on April 11, 2012 at 12:35 AM

GHW Bush was a moderate, and he gave us Thomas.

ghostwriter on April 11, 2012 at 12:34 AM

He also gave us Souter. Fail.

alwaysfiredup on April 11, 2012 at 12:35 AM

I’d forgotten how big that spanking was… Wow!

SauerKraut537 on April 11, 2012 at 12:29 AM

That was after Newt had gone all OWS on Mitt.

“We discovered to our shock”…………BOOM!

JPeterman on April 11, 2012 at 12:37 AM

That was after Newt had gone all OWS on Mitt.

JPeterman on April 11, 2012 at 12:37 AM

Which made it that much more hypocritical. Attacking Mitt on Bain was “attacking capitalism itself!!” But attacking Newt on Freddie was just politics, and good politics because it worked.

alwaysfiredup on April 11, 2012 at 12:38 AM

I don’t need to Google Mitt.

Slainte on April 11, 2012 at 12:31 AM

Hiding from the facts always has the nasty effect of having those bite you in your 0bama eventually.

Oh well. I did try to reason with you, but it would seem that the blind don’t like being assisted here.

DannoJyd on April 11, 2012 at 12:41 AM

Your liberal talking points remain weak TEA. So does your liberal RINO.

DannoJyd on April 11, 2012 at 12:33 AM

Just keep telling yourself that Danno.

You’re not an honest debater, you’re a dishonest berater.

You think that if you can just keep telling yourself something over and over, and scream it from the highest rooftops here there and yon, that it becomes truth for you and everybody else.

I got news for you.

The facts aren’t on your side. I remain as conservative as the most conservative/libertarian on some issues, and middle of the road to conservative on others, but I am anything but liberal.

Romney will do just fine as POTUS. Get over and it and get Obama out.

But I’m sure you’ll just come back with a William Wallace impersonation screaming “NEVER!!!”. You tea party volunteer of the decade you! You shoot yourself in the foot and take all the rest of us with you.

SauerKraut537 on April 11, 2012 at 12:42 AM

alwaysfiredup on April 11, 2012 at 12:38 AM

Bain wasn’t an arm of the feds as Freddie Mac was/is. Bain also wasn’t the poster child of the housing crash that Freddie Mac absolutely was.

Slainte on April 11, 2012 at 12:45 AM

GHW Bush was a moderate, and he gave us Thomas.

ghostwriter on April 11, 2012 at 12:34 AM

And Souter, and “Read my lips, no new taxes”, and gun control.

How is this supposed to be a character endorsement for mods?

Dunedainn on April 11, 2012 at 12:45 AM

I hate all forms of talk radio. If the radio is on it’s tuned to music.

alwaysfiredup on April 11, 2012 at 12:28 AM

You surprise me with that comment.

Back when I was a kid I used to listen only to music, but today I find that a bit monotonous. Listening to the same old thing over and over and over … again when I could be LEARNING something new is an easy decision for me.

If only I could kill off the commercials …

DannoJyd on April 11, 2012 at 12:46 AM

You shoot yourself in the foot and take all the rest of us with you.

SauerKraut537 on April 11, 2012 at 12:42 AM

Again: If Romney cannot get the conservative vote, that’s his problem. He’s got more money than God, lots of name recognition and a gigantic platform. He is the one choosing not to advance conservatism. He is the one whose aides keep saying he really doesn’t mean the red meat he tosses our way. It’s Mitt’s fault he’s going to lose, him and his supporters, and no one else’s. My cheerleading in the HA comments section wouldn’t make a hill of beans difference. He is simply incapable of being the kind of candidate who could make this a competitive race.

alwaysfiredup on April 11, 2012 at 12:47 AM

Read my lips–no new RINOs.

Emperor Norton on April 11, 2012 at 12:47 AM

Slainte on April 11, 2012 at 12:45 AM

Bain sought out government incentives, lots of them. But no one wanted to hear about that. Capitalism, and such.

alwaysfiredup on April 11, 2012 at 12:48 AM

DannoJyd on April 11, 2012 at 12:41 AM

Ah, I call your attention to this well written comment:

Just keep telling yourself that Danno.

You’re not an honest debater, you’re a dishonest berater.

I got news for you.

Romney will do just fine as POTUS. Get over and it and get Obama out.

SauerKraut537 on April 11, 2012 at 12:42 AM

Slainte on April 11, 2012 at 12:49 AM

Here’s my little consolation: looks like Ron Paul, of all people, will sweep the Missouri caucuses. I thought we were going to get a Romney sweep. To the convention, indeed.

alwaysfiredup on April 11, 2012 at 12:49 AM

And when Mittens loses to The 0ne, who gets the blame?

DannoJyd on April 11, 2012 at 12:33 AM

spare me Rush’s rants, not interested in what that man has to say…and am not from the ‘radio’ generation anyways, don’t think I’ve ever listened to radio the past 12-15 years…yeah, not even in the car, my itunes playlists fill in the radio ‘void’ ok :-)…

also not interested in defeatist mentalities such as yours, all people like you care about is the blame game, before the fight has even been fought, that’s directly from the loser playbook…all you do is project, instead of actually focusing on what matters, which is getting rid of O…but to turn the tables on you, who are you going to blame, since all your candidates of choice are out, and assuming Gingrich is the GOP nominee (no chance in heck really, but we can go all hypothetical/counter-factual for a sec),soo who are you going to blame when he loses to Obama?….and most importantly would it matter? yeah, rhetorical…

jimver on April 11, 2012 at 12:50 AM

alwaysfiredup on April 11, 2012 at 12:48 AM

Potential incentives that pale in comparison to the boatload of direct funding Freddie received from the feds, and still does!

Slainte on April 11, 2012 at 12:51 AM

Romney will do just fine as POTUS. Get over and it and get Obama out.

SauerKraut537 on April 11, 2012 at 12:42 AM

I’ve explained this before, but since you seem to have difficulty remembering anything beyond the Liberal RonMe talking points:

I REFUSE to assist getting ANY liberal elected
, so now it is up to YOU to fill my vacancy. YOU MUST volunteer with your local GOP, you MUST volunteer to make up the HUNDREDS of RonMe lawn signs, You MUST volunteer to man the phone banks {I’ll be looking forward to your call], and you MUST go through poll watcher training so that YOU can spend the day fighting against Voter Fraud.

Your excuses to not perform will add to the reasons for Sketchy costing us this election[s] this year, so the responsibility is all yours.

DannoJyd on April 11, 2012 at 12:53 AM

alwaysfiredup on April 11, 2012 at 12:47 AM

You ever heard of something called compromise?

Never fear, your far right leaders will compromise with him to get certain things in order to finally give their blessing, and then word will trickle down to you to do your part from the people you trust.

Just be smart and help get Obama out. Romney is a thousand times better than he is, and has been successful at whatever big tasks he’s taken on pretty much his entire life.

He’s a 1950′s guy just as Ryan said. He’s Ward Cleaver!

SauerKraut537 on April 11, 2012 at 12:53 AM

instead of actually focusing on what matters, which is getting rid of O

jimver on April 11, 2012 at 12:50 AM

Think about it this way: If (really when, but I’ll preserve the fiction) we pour all of our energy into that one race and lose, we’ve lost lots of opportunity to work on other races we could actually win. It is important we do not hang our hats on a loss. We need to preserve the down-ballot. Accepting the inevitable is a necessary step to limiting the collateral damage.

alwaysfiredup on April 11, 2012 at 12:53 AM

jimver on April 11, 2012 at 12:50 AM

OK! You will be amongst the RonMe supporters keeping their heads buried in the sand through his defeat by 0bama. Got it!

How ‘moderate’ of you. /s

DannoJyd on April 11, 2012 at 12:55 AM

Slainte on April 11, 2012 at 12:51 AM

Mitt, as an owner, directly benefited from government incentives. The more incentives he got, the more money he made.

Newt, as a consultant, did not directly benefit from government incentives. His contract was fixed regardless of what the gov’t did with Freddie Mac.

alwaysfiredup on April 11, 2012 at 12:55 AM

SauerKraut537 on April 11, 2012 at 12:53 AM

Prove it.

DannoJyd on April 11, 2012 at 12:57 AM

DannoJyd on April 11, 2012 at 12:53 AM

I’ve already given $750 and have joined his Texas volunteers. I talk him up with anyone willing to listen and will give more as we get closer to the actual election.

You’re an unhinged idjut.

I learned the lesson you’ll soon learn with my days as a Perot supporter/volunteer.

You, and people like you who profess to be conservative capitalists; will, in a fit of rage and idiotic childishness, not pull the lever for Romney because you THINK he’s not conservative enough for your tastes and get us four more years of Obama the socialist.

Inanity, Asininity, Buffoonery.

Unhinged from reality you are, yes. (Said with a Yoda voice)

But you’re the TEA party volunteer of the year! You sound like a Democratic shill to me with your asinine talk of sitting it out.

SauerKraut537 on April 11, 2012 at 1:01 AM

alwaysfiredup on April 11, 2012 at 12:53 AM

Somebody sold you one of those magic eight balls, huh. You probably keep it on your desk at work. I hate to break it to you, but it ain’t a crystal ball and you’re not the Miss Cleo of the body politic.

Slainte on April 11, 2012 at 1:01 AM

Slainte on April 11, 2012 at 1:01 AM

Fine. I can wait. Meanwhile I’m making money on InTrade.

alwaysfiredup on April 11, 2012 at 1:02 AM

Prove it.

DannoJyd on April 11, 2012 at 12:57 AM

It’ll happen soon enough. ;-)

SauerKraut537 on April 11, 2012 at 1:03 AM

GHW Bush was a moderate, and he gave us Thomas.

ghostwriter on April 11, 2012 at 12:34 AM

He also gave us Souter. Fail.

alwaysfiredup on April 11, 2012 at 12:35 AM

So, 50 percent isn’t better than 0 percent? Nice logic. Talk about a fail.

ghostwriter on April 11, 2012 at 1:04 AM

GHW Bush was a moderate, and he gave us Thomas.

ghostwriter on April 11, 2012 at 12:34 AM

And Souter, and “Read my lips, no new taxes”, and gun control.

How is this supposed to be a character endorsement for mods?

Dunedainn on April 11, 2012 at 12:45 AM

You’re right. Vote for Obama/

ghostwriter on April 11, 2012 at 1:05 AM

If we pour all of our energy into that one race and lose, we’ve lost lots of opportunity to work on other races we could actually win. We need to preserve the down-ballot. Accepting the inevitable is a necessary step to limiting the collateral damage.

alwaysfiredup on April 11, 2012 at 12:53 AM

sure, sure…you fight your battles, I’ll fight mine…’the us’ and ‘we’ are a bit ridiculous in the context, you don’t talk on anybody’s behalf, you’re no opinion leader or leader of any sorts (not with such defeatist attitude anyways), nor are you some GOP strategist, you’re just someone who vents his frustrations on HR…so, yeah, less ‘we’ and more ‘I’ would be more appropriate if not for other reasons but at least coz it better reflects your reality of armchair ‘leader’, oups, I meant commentator…

jimver on April 11, 2012 at 1:07 AM

So, 50 percent isn’t better than 0 percent?

ghostwriter on April 11, 2012 at 1:04 AM

“Vote for Mitt! He’ll only disappoint you half the time!”

No, thanks.

alwaysfiredup on April 11, 2012 at 1:07 AM

alwaysfiredup on April 11, 2012 at 12:55 AM

Yeah. Newton was paid handsomely as a lobbyist, er, historian for Freddie. Plus, his 30 or so years inside the Beltway lined his pockets plenty.

Slainte on April 11, 2012 at 1:07 AM

you’re no opinion leader or leader of any sorts

jimver on April 11, 2012 at 1:07 AM

Lol. Again: you don’t know anything about me.

alwaysfiredup on April 11, 2012 at 1:08 AM

SauerKraut537 on April 11, 2012 at 1:01 AM

Thus the expected excuses appear, and you own the your asinine talk of sitting it out. Honestly, show the courage of your convictions, man!
Get involved NOW!

DannoJyd on April 11, 2012 at 1:08 AM

Yeah. Newton was paid handsomely as a lobbyist, er, historian for Freddie.

Slainte on April 11, 2012 at 1:07 AM

Mitt gets millions each year, still, from Bain. Gingrich got $125K a year from Freddie and that ended a while back.

But go on, keep equivocating. I’m amused.

alwaysfiredup on April 11, 2012 at 1:09 AM

Vote for Mitt! He’ll only disappoint you half the time!”

No, thanks.

alwaysfiredup on April 11, 2012 at 1:07 AM

I hate to break it to you, sparky… but stubbornness doesn’t magically make bad logic good logic. The operable choice here isn’t between an ideal conservative and Obama; the choice is between Romney and Obama. There isn’t an ideal conservative thois time around.

ghostwriter on April 11, 2012 at 1:11 AM

ghostwriter on April 11, 2012 at 1:04 AM

They’ve lost their minds ghostwriter… It’s hard to reach people who, in their “grief” of seeing the “worst possible candidate” getting the nod, just won’t listen.

As I said earlier, fighting stupid is like smoking crack… addictive as hell but futile as a long term behavior.

I almost feel like leaving the site for a bit (weeks), JUST to get away from the stupid and let them calm down to see reason, but it’s like crack cocaine! I can’t let stupid alone or like a weed it’ll take over the yard!

;-)

SauerKraut537 on April 11, 2012 at 1:13 AM

DannoJyd on April 11, 2012 at 1:08 AM

Do you have a reading comprehension disorder…

SauerKraut537 on April 11, 2012 at 1:14 AM

A big part of Romney’s problem, as ABC’s Gary Langer explains in his analysis of the new poll, is that “core Republican voters” don’t much like him—in sharp contrast to Obama, whose troubles with the Democratic base seem to be over:

DannoJyd on April 11, 2012 at 1:05 AM

..yeah, only ‘his base’ is not enough to re-elact him…here’s the reality he’s facing:

‘According to research conducted for Resurgent Republic, a conservative policy organization, young voters are no longer enamored with the president because of the current state of the economy. The millennials chosen for the focus groups were all self-identified independents who had voted for Obama in 2008 but were now undecided on the generic ballot. The dramatic effects of the “Great Recession” had shifted the mindsets of these younger Americans — unemployment amongst this crucial Obama demographic is currently at its highest point since the end of World War II’…

also:

‘Independent millennials that are leaning Republican are focused solely on the economy and are not being drawn to the Republican party by social issues. In fact, according to Luke Frans, the millennials in the Resurgent Republic focus groups refused to discuss the Republican party’s social views’…

jimver on April 11, 2012 at 1:15 AM

Gingrich got $125K a year from Freddie and that ended a while back.

But go on, keep equivocating. I’m amused.

alwaysfiredup on April 11, 2012 at 1:09 AM

Always happy to amuse! And, that was 1.6 MILLION Newton received from Freddie, right? Yup. That was 1.6 Million from the federal subsidiary that nearly bankrupted our nation. I’m not nearly as amused as you are that Newton profited nicely from our housing crash.

Slainte on April 11, 2012 at 1:18 AM

;-)

SauerKraut537 on April 11, 2012 at 1:13 AM

See how much time you are wasting then you SHOULD be developing the talking points proving that Mitt is THE Conservative in the race?

[snicker]

DannoJyd on April 11, 2012 at 1:18 AM

There isn’t an ideal conservative this time around.

ghostwriter on April 11, 2012 at 1:11 AM

Fify. I’d rather the crap economy be blamed on a Dem president myself. But it doesn’t really matter: again, with or without my help or mt vote, Romney’s a sure loser.

alwaysfiredup on April 11, 2012 at 1:18 AM

DannoJyd on April 11, 2012 at 1:18 AM

[giggle] tee-hee!

SauerKraut537 on April 11, 2012 at 1:19 AM

nd, that was 1.6 MILLION Newton received from Freddie, right?

Slainte on April 11, 2012 at 1:18 AM

It was $1.6 million over many years,hon. And Freddie is a private-ish enterprise that does earn revenue, so no, not all was from the US treasury.

alwaysfiredup on April 11, 2012 at 1:19 AM

jimver on April 11, 2012 at 1:15 AM

Mittens is unable to close the deal. Period!

See how easy it is to be relevant? Using a hundred words to provide cover remains mere propaganda.

DannoJyd on April 11, 2012 at 1:19 AM

Lol. Again: you don’t know anything about me.

alwaysfiredup on April 11, 2012 at 1:08 AM

Lol. Again: Has it ever occurred to you that it’s not about you. I doubt it.

jimver on April 11, 2012 at 1:20 AM

I am in no way, shape, or form a DELUDED RonPaul truther.

DannoJyd on April 10, 2012 at 11:41 PM

I’m not a Truther and there is no evidence that Ron Paul is either.

FloatingRock on April 11, 2012 at 1:20 AM

jimver on April 11, 2012 at 1:15 AM

Yet ALL polls show RonMe losing across the entire political spectrum. HMMM!

DannoJyd on April 11, 2012 at 1:21 AM

Has it ever occurred to you that it’s not about you.

jimver on April 11, 2012 at 1:20 AM

You were the one talking about my influence in my community, of which you know nothing.

alwaysfiredup on April 11, 2012 at 1:21 AM

Mittens is unable to close the deal. Period!

DannoJyd on April 11, 2012 at 1:19 AM

you are unable to reason. period.

jimver on April 11, 2012 at 1:21 AM

[giggle] tee-hee!

SauerKraut537 on April 11, 2012 at 1:19 AM

I KNOW!

The idea that Sketchy is anything but a liberal crotch critter is indeed quite funny.

DannoJyd on April 11, 2012 at 1:22 AM

alwaysfiredup on April 11, 2012 at 1:19 AM

He just helped to calm the fears that Bush, et al were talking about as regards Fannie/Freddie. He worked against Bush to try to curb Fannie and Freddie’s overreaching and putting us all in the precarious position we found ourselves.

The money is ancillary to the issue my friend.

He provided cover for them in some capacity/influence peddling, to the tune of 1.6 million, it doesn’t matter if it was one year or ten years in aggregate.

He is/was a shill for other’s interests other than your own.

SauerKraut537 on April 11, 2012 at 1:23 AM

Yet ALL polls show RonMe losing across the entire political spectrum. HMMM!

DannoJyd on April 11, 2012 at 1:21 AM

yeah, genius, 7 months before the elections and in the conditions in which GOP doesn’t even have a nominee. link to those polls again in a month or two :-)…

jimver on April 11, 2012 at 1:23 AM

jimver on April 11, 2012 at 1:21 AM

I’m not the one supporting the liberal in RINO clothing. I’m not the one ignoring the polling data.

I’m not the one that believes Mittens is a Republican.

DannoJyd on April 11, 2012 at 1:24 AM

DannoJyd on April 11, 2012 at 1:22 AM

NOW you’re putting words in my mouth again.

Have you no shame? Apparently not.

SauerKraut537 on April 11, 2012 at 1:24 AM

alwaysfiredup on April 11, 2012 at 1:19 AM

Awww. Always, you smooth talker you. Freddie receives the lion share of it’s operating revenue from taxpayer funding, sugar.

Slainte on April 11, 2012 at 1:25 AM