Breaking: Santorum to suspend campaign; Update: No endorsement; Update: Romney congratulates Santorum

posted at 2:05 pm on April 10, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

Rumors flying on Twitter appear to have been confirmed on Fox News and CBS, among other outlets — at least for the moment.  Just minutes ahead of a scheduled press conference in Gettysburg, PA, Rick Santorum has apparently decided to suspend his campaign.  Fox’s Carl Cameron reported it live on air shortly before 2 pm ET, but no reports are yet on the wires.  Politico reporter Reid Epstein says he has confirmation from PA GOP chair Rob Gleason.

Stand by for updates.  The live feed for the presser can be found here.

Update: CNN is now reporting it here, based on word from “a senior adviser to the campaign.” Fox has the headline on its site.

Update II: BuzzFeed has more here, and reports that Romney was informed of the decision some time this morning.  I noted earlier this afternoon that the e-mails from the Romney campaign today had focused attacks solely on Barack Obama, and wondered whether that was a signal.

Update III: The Boss Emeritus tweets that Santorum made everyone else pick up their game, and that’s absolutely true.  I’m disappointed that Santorum couldn’t compete better, but glad that the debate continued and that Santorum made Mitt Romney work for the nomination.  Rick Klein of ABC tweets that Santorum won 10 states — and that anyone who would have guessed that he could have won more than two is lying.

Update IV: Santorum starts off the presser assuring everyone that their prayers for Bella were very much appreciated and felt, and that she’s doing better.  However, that episode, Santorum says, prompted the family to reassess the status of the campaign and their goals as a family.  He’s talking about the campaign in the past tense, though, which makes the announcement pretty clear.

Update V: A nice touch: “It turns out that it really wasn’t my voice that I was out communicating with. It was your voice.”

Update VI: Santorum says the race is over for him, and stated clearly that he is suspending the campaign — but that he will continue to fight for his values.

Update VII: A good, emotional, and positive speech — but no endorsement for Mitt Romney, and indeed not even a mention of him.  Santorum did say that Republicans have to focus on beating Barack Obama, but that was as close as he got.  A reporter shouted out a question as Santorum left the stage about whether he will endorse Romney, but Santorum just wished the reporter well and thanked the room again.  Perhaps, though, it would be reasonable for everyone to give Santorum a little space on the endorsement question.

Update VIII: Mitt Romney’s team sent out a statement by e-mail at almost the moment the presser finished, congratulating Santorum on his campaign:

“Senator Santorum is an able and worthy competitor, and I congratulate him on the campaign he ran. He has proven himself to be an important voice in our party and in the nation.  We both recognize that what is most important is putting the failures of the last three years behind us and setting America back on the path to prosperity.”

Update IX (Tina): The Right Scoop has full video of Santorum’s lovely, gracious concession speech. My utmost respect to Rick Santorum for conducting such an honorable campaign from start to finish:

Comments

Comment pages: 1 10 11 12 13

I stand by my prediction. the man is shameless.

alwaysfiredup on April 10, 2012 at 6:23 PM

He may well do it. I agree. It won’t work out the way he expects though. Too little too late. It’s already to late, he just doesn’t know it.

dogsoldier on April 10, 2012 at 6:26 PM

I know I posted this already but I just saw The One again on AFN over here (AFG) and I am so tired of hearing the words “FAIR” “FAIRNESS” “WE’VE GOT TO MAKE IT FAIR FOR ALL AMERICANS”

uggggghhhhh….and yet there are some on here that say they cannot vote FOR Romney? Okay, then vote AGAINST this guy.

g2825m on April 10, 2012 at 6:26 PM

Can’t you just pretend to hate Obamessiah and touch screen a check mark for Mittens “Clark Kent” Romney in November??

FlaMurph on April 10, 2012 at 6:22 PM

No. I can’t.

alwaysfiredup on April 10, 2012 at 6:27 PM

Well, totherightofthem, you got your jobs! Start trolling through the obits to get names for this November…remember Holder’s ballot has already been called for… /

;o)

g2825m on April 10, 2012 at 6:22 PM

*sigh* A woman’s work is never done. ;-) I’ll get right on that, sir.

Seriously, I’m not kidding. I counted ballots at my local precinct and Rocky Raczkowski was leading Peters in my city. All of a sudden, just before the polls closed, in a neighboring city, a large number of voters showed up after being disgorged from buses, and guess who they voted for? It goes without saying that many of them had not been registered before that night.

totherightofthem on April 10, 2012 at 6:27 PM

g2825m on April 10, 2012 at 6:26 PM

That’s what I decided to do. I will probably be puking outside the polling station afterward.

dogsoldier on April 10, 2012 at 6:28 PM

totherightofthem on April 10, 2012 at 6:27 PM

As Americans? /

;o)

g2825m on April 10, 2012 at 6:29 PM

melle1228 on April 10, 2012 at 5:47 PM

Pray and work for Republican control of all of Congress.

Cindy Munford on April 10, 2012 at 5:56 PM

The one bright spot of the insipid finger-in-the-wind Mitt is that people may realize that we really need to get more control of Congress. We don’t just need Republican control of both houses, but conservative control. Squishy Republicans with a majority will act like a minority anyway.

Give us a conservative majority Congress, and Obama can’t do much damage. Give us a conservative majority Congress, and Romney couldn’t do much damage either.

tom on April 10, 2012 at 6:29 PM

g2825m on April 10, 2012 at 6:26 PM

dogsoldier on April 10, 2012 at 6:28 PM

We’ll take it…and give you a baggie on the way out.

g2825m on April 10, 2012 at 6:30 PM

g2825m on April 10, 2012 at 6:26 PM

It’s 3AM over there. I did 6 months over there myself. Thank you for your service and keep your head down…

Static21 on April 10, 2012 at 6:31 PM

As Americans? /

;o)

g2825m on April 10, 2012 at 6:29 PM

Hmmm. Perhaps not. ;-) Definitely not registered to vote, though.

totherightofthem on April 10, 2012 at 6:31 PM

Nasty piece of work that one.

totherightofthem on April 10, 2012 at 6:14 PM

On some things she’s pretty decent. And can occasionally bring herself back from the total nutball ledge, before going right back over.

Anybody who makes the mistake of not being fully Rombot assimilated in her awesome presence is on her enemies list though.

cozmo on April 10, 2012 at 6:34 PM

g2825m on April 10, 2012 at 6:26 PM

Static21 on April 10, 2012 at 6:31 PM

You are correct, sir! And are still good at tracking AFG timezone! Yes, I am headed to bed soon…just have to get my HA fix in after a day/night of chasing insurgents.

FYI though is that GEN Allen and Karzai just signed that MOU that states we can no longer do night raids and multiple other things that are very frustrating…yet do you think the Taliban are not going to attack us at night with mortars and other incoming rounds? NO!!! Every day they make this fight more and more difficult. It is one that we could easily contain and then turn over and yet now are hands are tied and eventually they are asking us to hop on one foot while fighting! Grrrrr…..

g2825m on April 10, 2012 at 6:36 PM

And, just the other day when hawkdriver attempted to broker a detente, you spit on him even after I complimented you.

cozmo on April 10, 2012 at 6:11 PM

I didn’t “spit on him“! I sincerely thanked him for his efforts, but said I wasn’t ready for detente.

And BTW, your claim I “spit” on him is an example of how you twist things into an emotional knot. Apparently any failure to reach accord is “hate” or “spitting” on someone. And if you “complimented” me, I must have missed it.

Buy Danish on April 10, 2012 at 6:36 PM

btw Static21 THANK YOU for your service!

g2825m on April 10, 2012 at 6:36 PM

cozmo on April 10, 2012 at 6:34 PM

I’ll just have to take your word on that. For my part, I don’t intend to find out first-hand. I have enough battles to fight in 3D to want to go to war online. She isn’t worth the time or trouble.

totherightofthem on April 10, 2012 at 6:36 PM

And if you “complimented” me, I must have missed it.

Buy Danish on April 10, 2012 at 6:36 PM

You miss lots of things in your nutball zealousness. And, no you didn’t.

cozmo on April 10, 2012 at 6:38 PM

Good nite all from the Hindu Kush!

Good luck to RS, family, and the health of Bella.

We all need to eventually unite to get the gentleman out of 1600 Penn.

g2825m on April 10, 2012 at 6:38 PM

g2825m on April 10, 2012 at 6:36 PM

Your job will be harder. Keep your head down as Static said and thank you both, one soldier to another, /salute.

dogsoldier on April 10, 2012 at 6:39 PM

g2825m on April 10, 2012 at 6:38 PM

Stay safe.

cozmo on April 10, 2012 at 6:40 PM

You miss lots of things in your nutball zealousness. And, no you didn’t.

cozmo on April 10, 2012 at 6:38 PM

Here’s where I ask you to provide a link to prove your assertion you “complimented me”, and you tell me I’m not worth the trouble. But hey, I’d so love you to prove me wrong for once.

g2825m on April 10, 2012 at 6:38 PM

Good Night! Stay safe and God Bless.

Buy Danish on April 10, 2012 at 6:41 PM

g2825m on April 10, 2012 at 6:36 PM

dogsoldier on April 10, 2012 at 6:39 PM

Thanks, from one sailor to a soldier ;o)

g2825m on April 10, 2012 at 6:41 PM

g2825m on April 10, 2012 at 6:36 PM

I know all this-but, plz dont ask me how I know ;) It is getting nuttier and nuttier over there. DO keep your head down, and thank you. Good luck! Sorry, everyone, alittle OT…

Static21 on April 10, 2012 at 6:41 PM

g2825m on April 10, 2012 at 6:41 PM

Stay safe. And, thank you for your service.

totherightofthem on April 10, 2012 at 6:42 PM

tom on April 10, 2012 at 6:29 PM

We may have to reprogram some into conservatives.

Cindy Munford on April 10, 2012 at 6:42 PM

Buy Danish on April 10, 2012 at 6:41 PM

One does not preclude the other.

cozmo on April 10, 2012 at 6:42 PM

g2825m on April 10, 2012 at 6:41 PM

Very well, Sailor!

dogsoldier on April 10, 2012 at 6:42 PM

Good Night! Stay safe and God Bless.

Buy Danish on April 10, 2012 at 6:41 PM

Thanks, BD! Stay strong with the heavy headwinds!

one thing that is difficult anytime we convey our thoughts online is that you lose tone and facial expressions, etc that may get misconstrued and granted some on here on both sides go “looking” for it.

Good nite!

g2825m on April 10, 2012 at 6:43 PM

Static21 on April 10, 2012 at 6:41 PM

I KNOW what you mean. :o)

Thanks also totherightof me!

Ciao’!!

g2825m on April 10, 2012 at 6:45 PM

Good luck! Sorry, everyone, a little OT…

Static21 on April 10, 2012 at 6:41 PM

My Apologies too, folks.

Now back to the subject at hand. “Can’t we all just get along?”

dogsoldier on April 10, 2012 at 6:45 PM

This pseudo belief that Romney is not somehow TEA Party friendly is just fantasy. The TEA Party was founded on economic growth, deficit reduction, and small government beliefs (a greater strength for Romney)and decidedly not social issues (Santorum’s so-called strength).

Tater Salad on April 10, 2012 at 6:15 PM

They do agree on quite a lot. They also agree entitlements — you know, the thing that’s gonna sink us — shouldn’t be cut.

And you know what? I’m not even sure a republican congress could help us after McConnell negotiated against the House. Our leaders are cowards and lack testicular fortitude. You don’t play not to lose, you play to win the game. They’re cautious, hesitant, exhausted, even fearful. It stinks.

The only thing a Romney presidency helps us with is the Supreme Court. That’s the only upside I can squeeze out of this lemon.

Pewterslimsme on April 10, 2012 at 6:48 PM

Pewterslimsme on April 10, 2012 at 6:48 PM

Yeppers me too.. If it wasn’t for that I would abstain from voting in the Presidential election. Having a Conservative congress and house and Dem Prsident cause gridlock- and gridlock is good. It means they aren’t passing laws to mess up our lives.

melle1228 on April 10, 2012 at 6:51 PM

And, no you didn’t.

cozmo on April 10, 2012 at 6:38 PM

Missed this. Yes I did! You seem to think you’re some kind of mind reader. You think I “hate” when I do not. You think I’ve seen something I haven’t. Do you see dead people too?

Buy Danish on April 10, 2012 at 6:51 PM

Tater Salad on April 10, 2012 at 6:15 PM

The best part of the the Romney equation is that he spent only 4 years of his 65 in a government office.
He’s not a career politician.

I don’t like career politicians.
Career politicians have effed this thing up.
Term Limits now.

FlaMurph on April 10, 2012 at 6:52 PM

Pewterslimsme on April 10, 2012 at 6:48 PM

I’ll see that and raise you federal mandates, energy policy and the EPA. Oh and a non-racist Attorney General.

cozmo on April 10, 2012 at 6:53 PM

One does not preclude the other.

cozmo on April 10, 2012 at 6:42 PM

What does that mean? Link to the comment where you claim you “complimented” me in the detente thread. If you can’t do it I’m going to have to assume it doesn’t exist. But as I said, I’d love to be proved wrong. I’ve had it up to here with the “bless your heart nutball hater” comments.

Buy Danish on April 10, 2012 at 6:55 PM

Missed this.
Buy Danish on April 10, 2012 at 6:51 PM

You miss lots of things you don’t want to admit to. That’s what makes you not worth the trouble.

If you don’t like something…you miss it.

cozmo on April 10, 2012 at 6:55 PM

I’m going to have to assume it doesn’t exist.
Buy Danish on April 10, 2012 at 6:55 PM

You assume lots of things too. That’s what makes you so often wrong.

cozmo on April 10, 2012 at 6:57 PM

cozmo on April 10, 2012 at 6:53 PM

And how about whatever Obama has planned over the next 4 years. Backdoor amnesty for illegals, letting Iran get a nuke, more “democracy” in the Middle East.

No rational person can say Romney will be comparable, or as bad as, Obama. If they do, they are just being disingenuous.

milcus on April 10, 2012 at 6:57 PM

milcus on April 10, 2012 at 6:57 PM

You made the mistake of thinking the rabid ABR people are rational.

They are as unhinged as the Romney is Reagan folks.

cozmo on April 10, 2012 at 6:59 PM

I hear people say they will not vote Romney, so they will not vote at all. To all of you– is four more years of obama really a better plan? Obama knowing he can be more “flexible”? Obama ignoring court orders and the Constitution? Obama ignoring the Black Panthers? Obama talking about ” punishing our enemies”? Obama’s weakness regarding Iran? Obama giving billions to Egypt and the Muslim Brotherhood? Obama continuing to blow our national debt out of the water. All I can say is:
FOR THE GOOD OF THE COUNTRY!

ABO ABO ABO ABO ABO ABO ABO ABO ABO ABO ABO

Xyz22 on April 10, 2012 at 7:08 PM

If it wasn’t for that I would abstain from voting in the Presidential election.

melle1228 on April 10, 2012 at 6:51 PM

Two words: David Broder. Mitt will screw up SCOTUS nominations just like he screws everything else up for conservatives.

alwaysfiredup on April 10, 2012 at 7:10 PM

is four more years of obama really a better plan?

Xyz22 on April 10, 2012 at 7:08 PM

Four more years of Obama is an inevitability. I’d rather not compromise myself in that waste of effort.

alwaysfiredup on April 10, 2012 at 7:12 PM

alwaysfiredup on April 10, 2012 at 7:10 PM

A chance I am willing to take considering what Obama would do.

cozmo on April 10, 2012 at 7:12 PM

My Apologies too, folks.

Now back to the subject at hand. “Can’t we all just get along?”

dogsoldier on April 10, 2012 at 6:45 PM

You guys/gals should never apologize for O/T, or anything. Glad you are here. Just do your thing, and be careful and subtle on what you know and share.

———–
Now, dogsoldier, the “getting along” is ‘nother thing altogether :)

Schadenfreude on April 10, 2012 at 7:14 PM

alwaysfiredup on April 10, 2012 at 7:10 PM

The guy who writes for the Washington Post? What does he have to do with anything?

Or did you mean “David Souter”?

alchemist19 on April 10, 2012 at 7:15 PM

alwaysfiredup on April 10, 2012 at 7:12 PM

I’ll make you a deal – we’ll puke on each other, to get it over with in Nov.

Schadenfreude on April 10, 2012 at 7:16 PM

Its as easy as this people:

Barring a near impossibility the matchup in November is going to be 0bama v Romney.

Make a balance sheet for each candidates positions. The number of non-socialist positions for 0bama will be zero. If the number of non-socialist positions you score for Romney is greater than zero, Romney is the logical choice.

If you score Romney as zero for non-socialist positions…you are an idiot.

cozmo on April 10, 2012 at 7:22 PM

Or did you mean “David Souter”?

alchemist19 on April 10, 2012 at 7:15 PM

LOL! Oh, I can’t believe I did that…..

I’m going to turn in my con law card now.

alwaysfiredup on April 10, 2012 at 7:24 PM

totherightofthem on April 10, 2012 at 6:27 PM

…just clicked on and have 11 pages to go through..saw your post…I’m from Milford…Hi Neighbor!

KOOLAID2 on April 10, 2012 at 7:26 PM

cozmo on April 10, 2012 at 6:55 PM

There you go again, the consummate jackass who can never, ever back up a statement to me or about something you claim I’ve said with proof.

Buy Danish on April 10, 2012 at 7:27 PM

LOL! Oh, I can’t believe I did that…..

I’m going to turn in my con law card now.

alwaysfiredup on April 10, 2012 at 7:24 PM

Well in fairness to you, the Washington Post does its best to mess up everything it’s involved in.

There will never be another Souter. We learned our lesson on stealth nominees after that one and the proof is the way we derailed the Harriet Miers nomination and got Alito on SCOTUS instead. Of all the reasons to not like Romney “He will appoint another Souter,” is probably the weakest.

alchemist19 on April 10, 2012 at 7:28 PM

Buy Danish on April 10, 2012 at 7:27 PM

What part of “not worth the trouble” do you not understand?

cozmo on April 10, 2012 at 7:29 PM

Once again there’s no choice left at voting time. It sucks that the primary cycle is so long that everyone drops out before the half way point. Not even sure I’ll bother voting in the primary and I’m not sure I can vote for Romney in November. How do I vote for a candidate who’s campaign admits that their words during the primary were written on an etch-a-sketch? Do I wait for the etch-a-sketch to be shaken and a new set of ideals to be written and try to believe that Romney means them?

I am so sick of the better of two evils choice. We are now left with two presidential candidates who believe in mandates and government run healthcare. Romneycare = Obamacare and that is how the Democrats will get the healthcare millstone off their necks. The Republicans are no longer the party of smaller government and are learning to embrace socialism. So tired of paddling against the current and being in the minority.

Looks like I’ve got three choices:
1. Learn to go with the flow and accept socialism
2. Step away from politics and immerse myself in pop culture.
3. Or, maybe another look at the Constitution/Libertarian Parties?

Ibanez Lotus on April 10, 2012 at 7:31 PM

alchemist19 on April 10, 2012 at 7:28 PM

It’s quite far from the top of my list of reasons not to support Mitt. It is the reason why the “but what about SCOTUS?” doesn’t resonate with me as an argument to vote for Mitt. GWHB nominated Souter and Romney would be a president in line with GHWB. (I doubt he’ll ever be president, though.)

alwaysfiredup on April 10, 2012 at 7:35 PM

The thing I’ve been paying attention to during during the whole primary process is how much money Romney has spent compared to his opponents.
Santorum did extremely well without near the amount of money Romney had.
I would think this would be an element for concern for some-buying the nomination raises some serious doubts about Romney’s viability in the general, IMHO. And the cries of “rally around our picked candidate because the other guy is worse” ring hollow.
Where is the message from the Romney camp that would address the concerns of that 65% who voted in the primaries to date who did not vote for Romney.
Serious replies only. Trite answers or snark will be ignored.

BigFluffyClouds on April 10, 2012 at 7:36 PM

Santorum didnt make anyone fight harder. Newt did. after Newt flamed out, the race was over. Santorum just pathetically kept kicking and attacking Romney and whining about Romney slapping back.

so long and good riddance.

Drunk Report on April 10, 2012 at 7:37 PM

I’ ll see that and raise you federal mandates, energy policy and the EPA. Oh and a non-racist Attorney General.

cozmo on April 10, 2012 at 6:53 PM

I’d argue that the EPA problem wouldn’t be a problem if Pubs weren’t afraid to fight.

milcus on April 10, 2012 at 6:57 PM

To be fair, a lot of them have been simply saying that it’s not enough to just replace Obama. I agree. If we don’t change the team and the game plan, we won’t save our country. That fact has never changed. Do you think Mitt meets the criteria? Do you see him and other Pubs fighting back when they’re called un-American, and terrorists and suicide bombers, and racists? Do you see them fighting back when the heat gets turned up and poll numbers start falling when we tackle entitlements? I don’t. But to be honest, I don’t think any of the other candidates would’ve been much better.

Pewterslimsme on April 10, 2012 at 7:41 PM

@BigFluffyClouds–

I know you don’t believe in “the other guy is worse” argument, but I truly believe that the other guy is worse. Is Romney perfect? No. But, I have lived a lot of years and have never seen a president do so much intentional damage to this country and I honestly believe obama will do much more of the same in four more years than we can even comprehend at this point in time. I am deadly serious about this, and I do respect your opinion.

Xyz22 on April 10, 2012 at 7:45 PM

Xyz22 on April 10, 2012 at 7:45 PM

Yep, Carter actually believed what he was doing was good for the country. I don’t remember LBJ or Kennedy.

cozmo on April 10, 2012 at 7:53 PM

Xyz22-The thing that has been bothering me the most is that it really doesn’t seem like the Republicans ala Romney are truly serious about reversing the damage Obama has done.

We’ll know better in how Romney talks after today, and if his campaign goes as viciously after Obama as it did against, Cain, Gingrich, and Santorum. If it doesn’t, that will say volumes about a Romney presidency.

As far as another four years of Obama-I don’t want to entertain that line of thought. Shades of 1860 come to mind.

BigFluffyClouds on April 10, 2012 at 8:03 PM

“Minus one”? Obama’s vote total stays the same regardless.

ddrintn on April 10, 2012 at 5:27 PM

Obama 50 votes, Romney 55 votes: Good for Romney.

Obama 50 votes, Romney 45 votes: Bad for Romney.

Why is this so hard to understand?

Gelsomina on April 10, 2012 at 8:03 PM

g2825m on April 10, 2012 at 6:26 PM

Tried that in ’08. Sorry, I’m not getting fooled again.

SCREW the GOP.

Dunedainn on April 10, 2012 at 8:05 PM

What part of “not worth the trouble” do you not understand?
cozmo on April 10, 2012 at 7:29 PM

What part of “consummate jackass” do you not understand? You have an entire routine centered around this devious evasion. If I’m not “worth the trouble” why did YOU choose to leave an (idiotic!) comment to ME on not one, but two threads today? HMMMMMMM?

Perhaps I should imitate your commenting style and make up a bunch of stuff out of whole cloth about you, and when you ask me to substantiate my claim I can tell you you’re not “worth the trouble kissy kissy”. Is that the game you’d like to play?

Buy Danish on April 10, 2012 at 8:08 PM

alwaysfiredup….. well then you own Obama. Good job ./

The stupidity of people I used to think were smart is bewildering.

CW on April 10, 2012 at 8:10 PM

Tried that in ’08. Sorry, I’m not getting fooled again.

SCREW the GOP.

Dunedainn on April 10, 2012 at 8:05 PM

So you’re voting Obama I see.

CW on April 10, 2012 at 8:11 PM

Buy Danish on April 10, 2012 at 8:08 PM

Because you are a nutball that attacks all the candidates who are not Romney.

And today you were a nutball on two threads.

cozmo on April 10, 2012 at 8:12 PM

If you score Romney as greater than zero for non-socialist positions…you are an idiot.

cozmo on April 10, 2012 at 7:22 PM

fify

Dunedainn on April 10, 2012 at 8:14 PM

So you’re voting Obama I see.

CW on April 10, 2012 at 8:11 PM

So you’re voting the never-ending status quo I see.

Dunedainn on April 10, 2012 at 8:14 PM

BigFluffyClouds–
Yes, I agree with you about Romney needing to go after obama tooth and nail. No more ” he’s a decent guy, but…….” Gee, how did that work out for McCain? We need Romney to get some of Newt’s bite in his campaign. Frankly, I’m not thinking 1860 as much as I’m thinking rampant voter fraud. Funny (not ha ha funny) how Holder is obsessively against showing ID to vote.

Xyz22 on April 10, 2012 at 8:15 PM

fify

Dunedainn on April 10, 2012 at 8:14 PM

No, if you can be honest with yourself you know that.

If not, oh well.

cozmo on April 10, 2012 at 8:16 PM

No, if you can be honest with yourself you know that.

If not, oh well.

cozmo on April 10, 2012 at 8:16 PM

Because you’re the all-knowing authority on self-honesty.

And I’m a rabbit.

Dunedainn on April 10, 2012 at 8:17 PM

That’s not how Drudge and others described it.

VorDaj on April 10, 2012 at 8:18 PM

My state is deep, deep blue. It would not matter if I voted for Mitt Romney or not. So I probably won’t.

theotherone on April 10, 2012 at 8:20 PM

Dunedainn on April 10, 2012 at 8:17 PM

I’m not the one who changed another’s words to make them untrue Bugs.

cozmo on April 10, 2012 at 8:20 PM

I’m not the one who changed another’s words to make them untrue Bugs.

cozmo on April 10, 2012 at 8:20 PM

WAAAAAAAH! Some guy changed my post! WAAAAAAAH!

Another WillardBot utilizing leftist crybaby tactics. Wish I could say I’m surprised.

Dunedainn on April 10, 2012 at 8:23 PM

cozmo on April 10, 2012 at 8:12 PM

Because you are a nutball that attacks all the candidates who are not Romney.

And -

And today you were a nutball on two threads.

Two strikes, you’re out. I know 3 is customary but I’m going to make up my own rules because I can and you follow none at all.

Buy Danish on April 10, 2012 at 8:26 PM

Many of the people who are saying we need to vote for Romney or we are voting for Obama would never have pulled the lever for Bachmann or Palin if one of them had won. Why are we supposed to vote for a candidate who supports healthcare mandates and who, to this day, backs his choice to enforce government healthcare? I really do not know where Mitt Romney stands on the issues and yet I’m supposed to vote for him. Mitt promised to get rid of Obamacare and yet his staff is saying that all of that was written on an etch-a-sketch and can now be erased. Does he still plan on ending healthcare and why, since he’s so proud of Romneycare? How do I know that he won’t want to work with his friends across the aisle and cave to Democrat pressure?

I truly am concerned about this election. All the platitudes about America, apple-pie and country will not convince me that Mitt is sincere in getting rid of Obamacare. In fact, I’m afraid Mitt as the candidate takes Obamacare out of the election picture and we are now stuck with government healthcare. I don’t see how Mitt is going to reconcile his views with this conservative.

Ibanez Lotus on April 10, 2012 at 8:27 PM

Xyz22-

There is going to massive voter fraud this election, I have no doubt of it. I wouldn’t be surprised if some of the motivation by that bunch in the White House is not just to take America down, but to avoid prosecution for a few more years–I suspect there is a lot that has gone on (evidence Solyndra, etc.) that if the whole story were made public, people would be viewing not only the administration but a good chunk of Congress in the context of swinging from lamp posts.

BigFluffyClouds on April 10, 2012 at 8:28 PM

Dunedainn on April 10, 2012 at 8:23 PM

cozmo? A “WillardBot”? You’re not from around these parts, are you?

Flora Duh on April 10, 2012 at 8:29 PM

Buy Danish on April 10, 2012 at 8:26 PM

I’m out huh…bless your heart. You may even believe your delusions.

Dunedainn on April 10, 2012 at 8:23 PM

I wish I could say you had a brain rabbit scarecrow.

cozmo on April 10, 2012 at 8:32 PM

g2825m on April 10, 2012 at 6:26 PM

Tried that in ’08. Sorry, I’m not getting fooled again.

SCREW the GOP.

Dunedainn on April 10, 2012 at 8:05 PM

Aye, sentiments I share…

I’ve gritted my teeth and voted for people I knew deep down, were horrible choices, “for the sake of the Party, because the other guy was worse!”

After ’08, I got smart, and realized, that was a weak argument, and swore I would only ever vote for person I felt was qualified for a position of office with views I agreed with. I held true to those views in 2010, where after the Republican Governor candidate decided to criticize Conservatives for daring to vote for a more Conservative Republican candidate, and then waged an absolutely pathetic General election campaign (“Vote for me, Because I have an R by my name!” summed up pretty much his whole campaign).

Well guess what, I did research on the third party candidates, and voted for one of them.

And I’ll keep doing that for as long as I have to. I will not yield from my position for the “sake of the party” ever again. And frankly, if that makes me the “Villain” in the eyes of the establishment and Mitt’s fans… so be it. Because let me tell you, The Constitutional and Libertarian parties are starting to look quite tempting to join

Razgriez on April 10, 2012 at 8:33 PM

cozmo? A “WillardBot”? You’re not from around these parts, are you?

Flora Duh on April 10, 2012 at 8:29 PM

You cannot call a day really fun until you can make fun of a Romney fluffin’ nutball and an ABR nutball at the same time in the same thread.

They are both really dense.

cozmo on April 10, 2012 at 8:34 PM

BigFluffyClouds–

I agree 100%. The things that are going to come out about this administration in the years to come are going to be incredible. Get those orange jumpsuits ready! Off to dinner. Been a pleasure.

Xyz22 on April 10, 2012 at 8:37 PM

Screw Romney!…Lets Go Ron Paul!

dom89031 on April 10, 2012 at 8:42 PM

Can’t wait to see the next real poll now that Santorum’s out – will Romney get *any* of his support (of consequence), or will Santy’s supporters all move to Newt?

I’m not convinced that had this been a two man race – romney and not romney – romney would’ve been losing most all of these primaries.

Midas on April 10, 2012 at 9:12 PM

Razgriez on April 10, 2012 at 8:33 PM

Exactly.

The GOP continues to say “f@#$ you” to conservatives.

I’m happy to return the sentiment.

Midas on April 10, 2012 at 9:14 PM

Midas on April 10, 2012 at 9:12 PM

All the news stories are mentioning the lack of a Rombo endorsement today from Richard. They could have mentioned that Santo endorsed Mittens back in 2008. But no.

FlaMurph on April 10, 2012 at 9:21 PM

FlaMurph on April 10, 2012 at 9:21 PM

Relax, everybody wants to stir up trouble.

The media is getting ready to pivot hard against Romney.

What would be even more fun would be for the media to build up Gingrich, but they can’t do that.

cozmo on April 10, 2012 at 9:28 PM

cozmo

The jokes on you.

Buy Danish on April 10, 2012 at 9:31 PM

The jokes on you.

Buy Danish on April 10, 2012 at 9:31 PM

Sure it is sweetheart, sure it is.

cozmo on April 10, 2012 at 9:33 PM

er, [joke's]

Buy Danish on April 10, 2012 at 9:36 PM

I’m willing to be gracious about Santorum’s concession. However, I’m not so sure about whether Santorum’s campaign distinguished himself relative to the other candidates. The robocalls in Michigan attacking Romney for not supporting the auto bailout can hardly be classified as honorable.

ghostwriter on April 10, 2012 at 9:36 PM

My utmost respect to Rick Santorum for conducting such an honorable campaign from start to finish… – TK

Yes, well. In between declaring that he’d rather vote for Obama than Romney because Romney is a fringe left liberal blah-blah-blah and then going nearly into a mental breakdown for 72 hours over the outrageous outrage that reporters might ask him to explain that, sure … it was nothing but great honor.

Jaibones on April 10, 2012 at 9:38 PM

Jaibones on April 10, 2012 at 9:38 PM

Link? I missed that…

ghostwriter on April 10, 2012 at 9:41 PM

I’d rather not compromise myself in that waste of effort.

alwaysfiredup on April 10, 2012 at 7:12 PM

Excellent. Because the act of voting in a Presidential election is one of the greatest ways to “compromise” yourself.

I’ll apologize later, but you’re a nitwit.

Jaibones on April 10, 2012 at 9:43 PM

Link? I missed that…

ghostwriter on April 10, 2012 at 9:41 PM

Spare me the drama.

Jaibones on April 10, 2012 at 9:44 PM

Here’s a thought: you girls pour yourselves a big, big glass of White Zinfandel, get all worked up and have a good cry, and then throw up a few times. In the morning, sneak out with sunglasses on and go the salon and get your nails done…you’ll feel a lot better.

I’ll STFU — I promise — while you mourn about how honorable Santorum’s campaign was and how compromised you are and what a douchebag liberal Romney is, and right around June 1st we can all roll up our sleeves and act like men again.

Deal?

Jaibones on April 10, 2012 at 9:49 PM

Have the HA35 finished their wailing yet? I’d say they might have converted 10 or 15 more posters so now the count is 120 million voters and 50 disgruntled anonymous posters…..
statistically insignificant