Teacher tells 6th grade class that ‘Republicans are stupid’

posted at 10:00 am on April 7, 2012 by Howard Portnoy

I suppose it can said of a Virginia elementary school teacher who allegedly told her students “Republicans are stupid” that she at least spoke her mind. Her actions are more defensible than those of a fellow Old Dominion State colleague who deviously tasked her students with finding flaws in the GOP presidential candidates but not in the lone Democratic candidate.

The Daily Caller reports that “as Republican voters were filing into the halls of [Colin] Powell Elementary School in Fairfax County to vote on Super Tuesday,” teacher Kristin Martin told her sixth-grade class that “Republicans are stupid” and “they don’t care about anyone but wealthy people and businesses.”

One of the students in the class told The DC:

It all started when this disabled kid came in and named all the Republicans candidates for Super Tuesday. She [Martin] said to him, ‘I don’t like them, I think that they are stupid.’

The blog additionally notes that Martin reportedly told the class that she had voted for Obama and that “Democrats do more for the community and schools.”

I reached out to John Torre, a spokesman for the school district, who said that the county’s investigation into the incident was “inconclusive.” The teacher, he told me, denies having made these statements, which means that in the district’s eyes it boils down to a case of “she said, they said.”

But not all the parents of children in Martin’s class are satisfied with that outcome. One mother, a self-identified Republican, is quoted by The DC as saying:

I felt like the teacher was brainwashing naïve, young children to believe people like me, my family and, to a certain extent, my daughter, were stupid.

The reaction is understandable, but I would find it far more instructive to know what a parent who is a Democrat thinks of this type of proselytizing—whether it happened or not.

Related Articles

Follow me on Twitter or join me at Facebook. You can reach me at howard.portnoy@gmail.com or by posting a comment below.

This post was promoted from GreenRoom to HotAir.com.
To see the comments on the original post, look here.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

The blog additionally notes that Martin reportedly told the class that she had voted for Obama and that “Democrats do more for the community and schools greedy unions.”

slickwillie2001 on April 7, 2012 at 10:04 AM

Her indoctrination is complete. Now she can go out into the world and train others. Great.

dirtseller on April 7, 2012 at 10:05 AM

Kind of how this “dialog” is beginning to seem.

Howard Portnoy on April 6, 2012 at 9:52 PM

That would have left a mark, if dante was normal.

cozmo on April 7, 2012 at 10:06 AM

All public unions need to be RICO’d.

JimboHoffa on April 7, 2012 at 10:07 AM

I for one don’t have a problem with what this teacher said. She has the right. Where the problem arises is when one side is allowed to do it while the other side is not.

bgibbs1000 on April 7, 2012 at 10:07 AM

who cares?

lol

Durandal on April 7, 2012 at 10:07 AM

M-O-O-N that spels teechur

MaiDee on April 7, 2012 at 10:07 AM

a self-identified Republican, is quoted by The DC as saying:

“I felt“???? WTF??? How about something a little more difinitive like:
“That B!TCH should be fired!!!!”

dirtseller on April 7, 2012 at 10:10 AM

They need to throw that left wing moron out on the street. Public schools are not the place for biased Marxist teachings. She needs to keep her flappy mouth shut and try to prepare those kids for a tough life in the job market.

rplat on April 7, 2012 at 10:14 AM

It’s hard enough to raise your kids to be decent people these days. The last thing parents need is teachers encouraging their kids to be bigots. Parents in this teacher’s classroom should start taking shifts, sitting in to monitor the situation. Let this “stupid” liberal know that indulging in prejudice and intolerance in the classroom is not okay.

Dee2008 on April 7, 2012 at 10:16 AM

Why? Why would you do this? The teacher has a right to her opinion.

Dante on April 6, 2012 at 4:33 PM

She basically called the disabled kid stupid. (Presumably if a 6th grade disabled kid can name the Republican nominees, the kid’s Republican) So you’re good with that? Calling someone stupid just because of their political beliefs? Not that the belief is stupid or misguided, but the people are stupid? You feel that that is an appropriate position for an educator. I just want clarification.

As far as I’m concerned the teacher can think whatever she wants, but when she calls kids “stupid” because of their political beliefs, she’s crossed the line.

talkingpoints on April 7, 2012 at 8:50 AM

talkingpoints on April 7, 2012 at 10:16 AM

Yeah, the teacher who said this should be fired. This is completely and totally unacceptable. Teachers are there to teach, inspire, and mold young minds, not to talk about their personal political viewpoints. If the teacher were teaching a political-focused class in high school, then perhaps. But this teacher was teaching a class of 6th graders-most of whom don’t even know what the terms “republican” and “democrat” mean.

theoddmanout on April 7, 2012 at 10:16 AM

Either we reform education top to bottom or we have Obama after Obama to look forward too.

School has to be about learning math science english reading and the true history of America not politics or every liberal indoctrination du jour that takes every opportunity to take time away from actual basic education.

Speakup on April 7, 2012 at 10:17 AM

bgibbs1000 on April 7, 2012 at 10:07 AM

A teachers job is straightforward. It is to educate, not offer opinions about ones subjective political beliefs. I’m not particularly offended by the remark as I am about her attitude with children present. Frankly, she has a right to say it, just not in school. I become concerned about people who make insulting remarks like this, because I never know when they’ll turn on me.

She probably should be told informally that her remarks are inappropriate given the context that it is a school and not a political convention. Having said that, Virginia should close schools for elections or hold them elsewhere.

Her remark about Republicans says more about her lack of open mindedness than anything. My question is, if she’s so hardened, why is she teaching ?

DevilsPrinciple on April 7, 2012 at 10:22 AM

Really?

The student told TheDC that Martin apologized the next day.

“I am sorry about what I said about the different parties,” Martin allegedly told students. “I am deeply sorry if I offended you in any way. I realized what I said about Republicans was wrong and I shouldn’t have shared that with you guys.”

So the kid may be lying not only about the incident but the apology as well? Then the school better get to the bottom of this just in case we have discovered the most devious sixth-grader in the world.

RadClown on April 7, 2012 at 10:22 AM

Liberalism is a progressive mental disorder. Demonstrations of this insanity are all around us and the classrooms of elementary school are not immune. Indocrination of young impressionable children through the classroom have always been a way of propagating their particular kind of neurosis and will always be a danger to the overall mental health of society.

volsense on April 7, 2012 at 10:23 AM

The only circumstance where telling a classroom of kids that Republicans are stupid would be as follows:

“…so, kids, in America the government has a two-party system, the Stupid Party and the Evil Party. And when the Stupid Party and the Evil Party get together, the laws are both STUPID and EVIL. This is called ‘BIPARTISANSHIP.’ [ringing] Oh, well, that’s the bell! We’ll pick up here on Monday. Have a nice weekend!”

Glenn Jericho on April 7, 2012 at 10:24 AM

At work, we’ve recently had someone transfer into my department from another location. Yesterday, I had to spend some meet and greet time with him and I discovered he’s from Wisconsin. So I asked him what he thought of the recall effort. He said his wife is a teacher so he was for it. “You can’t try to ban unions like that,” he said. I pointed out that gov. Walker only wanted to limit the ability of public sector unions to collectively bargain on benefits, but it went right over his head. I can only imagine what he was hearing at home.

KGB on April 7, 2012 at 10:25 AM

bgibbs1000 on April 7, 2012 at 10:07 AM

She’s a public school teacher, as in public, and so must represent all points of view even if she doesn’t agree with them, not just what she herself agrees with.

Imagine having a teacher tell her class that she doesn’t like Asians for some reason, or Catholics, or elderly people.

Bishop on April 7, 2012 at 10:29 AM

KGB on April 7, 2012 at 10:25 AM

It’s always been my experience that someone that far left will not be a good employee. Keep an eye on him or he will end up organizing a union where you are. He will also expect advancement by seniority over talent, etc.

slickwillie2001 on April 7, 2012 at 10:30 AM

“…Martin reportedly told the class that she had voted for Obama and that “Democrats do more for the community and schools.”

Ummm, you ought to see my property tax bill, Ms Martin.

Question for the teacher: What’s your opinion of home-schooling and private schools? Ahhh! Thought so.

perroviejo on April 7, 2012 at 10:31 AM

Something I’m missing here?

Whats wrong with that?

liberal4life on April 7, 2012 at 10:34 AM

Something I’m missing here?

Usually

dirtseller on April 7, 2012 at 10:37 AM

liberal4life on April 7, 2012 at 10:34 AM

You should buy yourself a nice extension ladder so that these types of things don’t keep flying over your head.

Bishop on April 7, 2012 at 10:38 AM

M-O-O-N that spels teechur

MaiDee on April 7, 2012 at 10:07 AM

HAHAHAHA!! Tom!!!!

ladyingray on April 7, 2012 at 10:39 AM

Something I’m missing here?

Whats wrong with that?

liberal4life on April 7, 2012 at 10:34 AM

Think the Scarecrow in the Wizard of Oz might have an idea what you’re missing?

Rovin on April 7, 2012 at 10:41 AM

How would Democrats feel about a conservative teacher saying anyone on welfare is lazy? (I think they would lose their job.)

I wonder what the left would say about a public education teacher who was an atheist saying that anyone who thinks Easter or Christmas were important are stupid? Would they defend him for speaking his mind or say that atheism is an aspect of religion and should not be discussed in school. I suspect it would be the former.

KW64 on April 7, 2012 at 10:42 AM

I think it’s all because of the education establishment. It’s worked its way back from just brainwashing the teachers, in college, to them going back to the schools and “training” the children themselves.

We know, from looking at the journalists, lawyers, and teachers our schools are turning out, there isn’t a lot of conservative thought in our higher institutes of learning. We may have to start finding a way to get some real diversity in our universities or, 20 years from now, we could be Cuba.

bflat879 on April 7, 2012 at 10:42 AM

Bishop on April 7, 2012 at 10:38 AM

ZING!!!!!!!!!!!

ladyingray on April 7, 2012 at 10:43 AM

Whats wrong with that?

liberal4life on April 7, 2012 at 10:34 AM

Teachers are supposed to teach students how to think, not what to think.

Fallon on April 7, 2012 at 10:45 AM

bgibbs1000 on April 7, 2012 at 10:07 AM

You don’t have a problem with a teacher telling elementary school kids her personal opinions not facts about politics?, including the word “stupid”? Yeah, thats what little children need in school..what happened to doing her job and teaching subjects?

No wonder our schools suck and our children our coming out uneducated and cant read, write, or add 2+5. They have teacher’s wasting time telling children Repubs are stupid! “they don’t care about anyone but wealthy people and businesses.” She sounds brilliant.

How do you feel about your children’s teacher saying, Blacks are stupid, Jews are stupid, your momma is stupid,policemen are stupid,brushing your teeth is stupid.

Sorry bg, I don’t want teachers on either side telling my nephew who is stupid or any other personal opinions. Open up a book and effing teach!

The classroom isn’t a political forum for elementary school children. I want my tax dollars back. I don’t even have kids. This is where 50% of my real estate tax goes?

Perhaps, she can apply to teach Poli Sci at Harvard.

bazil9 on April 7, 2012 at 10:46 AM

Something I’m missing here?

Whats wrong with that?

liberal4life on April 7, 2012 at 10:34 AM

Your questions and your name make the answer obvious.

VibrioCocci on April 7, 2012 at 10:47 AM

Where these people in her class at some point?

bazil9 on April 7, 2012 at 10:49 AM

“If your mommy and daddy don’t vote for President Obama then they are racists. Ok now open your math books to page 42 and let’s get started.”

-public school teacher

“What’s wrong with that, I see nothing wrong here, it’s all fine.”

-lib4life

Bishop on April 7, 2012 at 10:50 AM

bgibbs1000 on April 7, 2012 at 10:07 AM

she doesn’t have the right to say it in a classroom. she should teach kids about both parties and let THEM decide which one is better. but she shouldn’t tell them, stating her opinion as fact, that one is better and the other is stupid.

Sachiko on April 7, 2012 at 10:51 AM

You know what I am sick of this crap! I just spent 100 dollars at the grocert store and got enough for 3 days with 11 to go! Don’t know what we are going to do for those 11!!!!!!!

lisa fox on April 7, 2012 at 10:51 AM

Evidently, she’s not very good at math.

redridinghood on April 7, 2012 at 10:52 AM

Train your children to notice this kind of sh!t, and as they get older they’ll challenge it. I live in a very liberal community, and by about 5th grade or so, every time a teacher made a similar comment in one of MY kids’ classes, she would glance over at my kid, sheepishly apologize, walk it back, and end up acknowledging that there are “disagreements” over the best policies, politicians, etc. We’re watching you… Heh!

And, interestingly, as my own children learned to respectfully challenge teachers when they were indoctrinating, they noticed that their more liberal peers started to do it, too, though the indoctrination was always of the liberal kind. Kids don’t like it when they realize they are being used as a captive audience by ideologues who are not dealing in facts — even if they sometimes agree with the ideology. They have a greater sense of fair play than most adults do.

Rational Thought on April 7, 2012 at 10:52 AM

Something I’m missing here?

Whats wrong with that?

liberal4life on April 7, 2012 at 10:34 AM

Now we know who you are! Kristin the 6th grade teacher in VA.

It all makes sense now.

bazil9 on April 7, 2012 at 10:53 AM

Train your children to notice this kind of sh!t,

Rational Thought on April 7, 2012 at 10:52 AM

Aunt Bazil9 will be training.

bazil9 on April 7, 2012 at 10:55 AM

I should know zero about an instructors personal life and political preferences. Is it any wonder that our children are first in self esteem and progressive utopian dreams and last in the skills to justify or attain them?

Cindy Munford on April 7, 2012 at 10:58 AM

L4L may be trying to be ironic. Surely it cannot be that oblivious.

Hmmm. Maybe I should reconsider that comment.

WhatNot on April 7, 2012 at 11:00 AM

DevilsPrinciple on April 7, 2012 at 10:22 AM

Because the salary and bennies are great compared to those of a “community organizer”.
In other words, she gets paid to do what unpaid “activists” do.
~(Ä)~

Karl Magnus on April 7, 2012 at 11:00 AM

Cindy Munford on April 7, 2012 at 10:58 AM

Eloquently said, as usual.

bazil9 on April 7, 2012 at 11:02 AM

This is the approach to education (indoctrination) that Obama and Bill Ayer’s Annenburg project in Chicago was all about promoting.

KW64 on April 7, 2012 at 11:02 AM

There was a day when tar and feathers would be ‘liberally’ applied. If that was still the case I’d be buying stock in tar pits and chicken feather futures.

RalphyBoy on April 7, 2012 at 11:03 AM

Really, is lib4life for real? Come on you really CAN’T be that stupid, do you have to remember to breath? Sheesh, now I see how democRats keep getting in office.

angrymike on April 7, 2012 at 11:05 AM

Once again another hyper-lib teacher in ultra-blue Fairfax County, VA. The same school system where a couple of weeks ago we heard about a teacher having students doing oppo research about Republican candidates and learning how to transmit it to the Obama campaign. Fairfax is dominated by Federal bureaucrats and big-government contractors, lawyers, legislators and lobbyists.

I know a 6th grade teacher in Fairfax who does not march to the Democrat drum. She constantly hears students parroting their parents tired dogma. She teaches her students about real American History. Her hero is George Washington. They learn the Constitution. They learn respect. They love her. There is some hope after all.

ironked on April 7, 2012 at 11:06 AM

Really, is lib4life for real?

angrymike on April 7, 2012 at 11:05 AM

Unfortunately.

bazil9 on April 7, 2012 at 11:08 AM

I actually find the use of the word stupid a little strange for an adult, and a teacher at that – even a liberal one.

Most of the kids probably aren’t paying much attention to such a deep thinker anyway, have little to no interest in politics and are more concerned with Taylor Swift and Lady Gaga.

I wouldn’t get up in front of a group of sixth graders and say, “(fill in the blank) is/are stupid.”

It makes you sound like a dimwit and someone that is not worthy of respect – even to a sixth grader.

reaganaut on April 7, 2012 at 11:09 AM

Liberal racism in Berkeley: Cut h.s. science labs for “diversity’s” sake

By Michelle Malkin • January 11, 2010 01:20 PM

Berkeley’s “progressive” educrats give us another perfect illustration of Diversity Uber Alles run amok. Because the government schools have failed to close the “racial achievement gap,” they’ve proposed cutting science labs and teaching staff from the high school curriculum because those resources benefit too many white students.

Speakup on April 7, 2012 at 11:13 AM

I agree. Republicans are stupid.

faraway on April 7, 2012 at 11:13 AM

Sad to say, this life-long teacher (plus a few other occupations, finance broker, USN etc.) has watched the degradation of the profession follow the degradation of the culture -if not lead it willingly.

But, all that stuff (like morality and freedom of conscience, according to the GOP’s base of fiscal cons and libertarians)is just so much hated “social-issues” junk, not to be confused with the important money issues.

Don L on April 7, 2012 at 11:16 AM

It’s hard for me to believe that our citizens can’t do what other nations’ citizens can.

Dansko had set up shop in Maine as other shoe manufacturers had pulled up stakes from the Northeast for foreign shores. It was hard to find and keep talent; the industry was vanishing.

“We had two technical people from Denmark over here, and they kept getting really bad results,” Kjellerup said. “Half the shoes, we couldn’t sell because the quality was so bad.” http://www.cleveland.com/business/index.ssf/2012/03/us-based_dansko_struggles_to_p.html

Cindy Munford on April 7, 2012 at 11:16 AM

readin’, writin’,'rithmatic, and liberal propaganda. Today’s curriculum? Or, just propagada, propagada….bla. blah, blah.

elintex on April 7, 2012 at 11:16 AM

Fire Kristin Martin just to be on the safe side of caution. We don’t want to err on the side of promoting inequality of opportunity. If
Kristin Martin is not guilty, then she can get her job back or some other job in another school. It’s not like jobs are hard to find!

ExpressoBold on April 7, 2012 at 11:18 AM

It’s all about the children.

jrgdds on April 7, 2012 at 11:19 AM

rplat on April 7, 2012 at 10:14 AM

if we threw out all left-wing teachers we wouldn’t have any teachers. just sayin.

teejk on April 7, 2012 at 11:20 AM

For teachers, the state collects the union dues, the unions fund their Democrat puppets, the puppets ensure that union members are paid by the state (actual taxpayers, who are more often Republican than Democrat) ’til the grave after retirement in one’s early fifties.

We’re pretty stupid.

We’re trying to be less stupid in Wisconsin, but puppet judges and puppet prosecutors and puppet legislators seem to really enjoy that union puppetmaster hand up their a**.

M240H on April 7, 2012 at 11:23 AM

Something I’m missing here?

Whats wrong with that?

“Republicans are stupid” — Kristin Martin

“Black people are stupid” — Any Racist
“Muslims are stupid” — Most Europeans
“Police are prejudiced” — Al Sharpton
“White people are mongrels” — Louis Farrakhan Muhammad, Sr.
@liberal4life: See anything wrong yet?

ExpressoBold on April 7, 2012 at 11:26 AM

The teacher apologized to the class for violating Fairfax County District policy, but is it enough?

jdawg on April 7, 2012 at 11:28 AM

THESE are the people “educating” (brainwashing) your children.
If you can afford to send them to another school DO so!
You wonder why the 18-20 something kids are doing the OWS thing?
It’s because they have been programmed that way by their “teachers”.
I lived though the idiotic 60′s anti everything movement and prayed
it would never happen again, but those long hair tie-dyed t-shirt
wearing idiots who were protesting then, are the “educators” today.

p51d007 on April 7, 2012 at 11:28 AM

“Black people are stupid” — Any Racist Democrat Politician

ExpressoBold on April 7, 2012 at 11:26 AM

FIFY.

Rational Thought on April 7, 2012 at 11:29 AM

Dee2008 on April 7, 2012 at 10:16 AM

they probably can’t do that. a story a few weeks ago told of one school that told the parents to stay out of the education process (or should that have read indoctrination process?) It was memorable because of the glaring irony.

teejk on April 7, 2012 at 11:31 AM

Topic:

Teacher, an authority figure that, to students, holds the assumption that her thoughts are correct, tells easily-influenced children opinion similar to “blacks are lazy”.

Point:

Teaching is a powerful profession and teachers have a responsibility to mind their personal thoughts around young minds.

Response:

I agree. Republicans are stupid.

faraway on April 7, 2012 at 11:13 AM

So. Awesome.

rogerb on April 7, 2012 at 11:31 AM

I agree. Republicans are stupid.

faraway on April 7, 2012 at 11:13 AM

Well, bless your heart.

Solaratov on April 7, 2012 at 11:31 AM

Something I’m missing here?

liberal4life on April 7, 2012 at 10:34 AM

….Physically and mentally?…I don’t have the time to list it all and my fingers would fall off first by the time I listed everything!

KOOLAID2 on April 7, 2012 at 11:32 AM

Cindy Munford on April 7, 2012 at 11:16 AM

This is happening with most manufactured products. Amazon wanted to manufacture the Kindle in the USA, but found that they couldn’t. The infrastructure that we used to have that was needed to build all the parts has left the USA: Why Amazon Can’t Make A Kindle In the USA

slickwillie2001 on April 7, 2012 at 11:32 AM

Something I’m missing here?

Whats wrong with that?

An Engineering degree.

Like it’s been said, 6th graders care a lot more about Justin Bieber’s hair. Indoctrination comes from “authoritative” high school History textbooks that say the New Deal and John Maynard Keynes were the greatest things evah, and Americans were parading in the streets for them.

Transpo on April 7, 2012 at 11:33 AM

Awwwwwwwwwww Shucks …
The poor teacher was just “following orders” to Protect the Children®.
(sigh)

“The fish rots from the head down” – Michael Dukakis (D-MA)

~(Ä)~

Karl Magnus on April 7, 2012 at 11:35 AM

“You can’t fix stupid but you can vote it out.”

Roy Rogers on April 7, 2012 at 11:36 AM

teejk on April 7, 2012 at 11:31 AM

That wasn’t the same situation. The story you are talking about was parents doing fund-raising to pay classroom assistants for parents that wanted to help in the school. The union wanted the money and the jobs that the parents fund-raising efforts provided. I am sure that the union would force parents out of the classroom in the case of a “minder” but really, why have we degraded to the point where we need that? The liberals have butchered society so badly that we are in deep do-do if we do not take it back and make liberalism a scourge of society.

ExpressoBold on April 7, 2012 at 11:42 AM

“Black people are stupid” — Any Racist Democrat Politician

FIFY.

Rational Thought on April 7, 2012 at 11:29 AM

@liberal4life: See anything wrong yet?

ExpressoBold on April 7, 2012 at 11:47 AM

If she means importing criminal elements into a community and payoffs to the education racket, well, who could argue with that?

Dack Thrombosis on April 7, 2012 at 11:54 AM

Since when did grade school start teaching teachers’ opinions? Isn’t it suppose to be reading, writing, history, geography, music, science and math?

I have no problems with people expressing their opinions, but I agree that until the student has critical thinking skills and is allowed to debate opinions, opinions should not be offered by adults in charge.

katablog.com on April 7, 2012 at 12:03 PM

Technically, there are no “Republicans” or “Democrats” here in Virginia. That’s because in Virginia, voters don’t register to a party. Which makes it fun during primary season. I always enjoy going out and voting for the goofiest moonbat on the democrat ticket. I think Howard Dean was my favorite.

Galtian on April 7, 2012 at 12:11 PM

My boys would have just told the teacher “My dad thinks dimocrats are all uninformed losers”.

VegasRick on April 7, 2012 at 12:12 PM

Indoctrination

Philly on April 7, 2012 at 12:13 PM

Fine. It’s inconclusive. We will never know whether Ms. Martin said those things, or not. However, she can still be required to prepare a NEUTRAL lesson plan on the political system in the United States, outlining the principal points of view of two major political parties, and what each has to offer to the public, with the pros and cons associated with each of the differing political philosophies, as well as teaching the kids tolerance for opposing points of view.

If Ms. Martin didn’t make those offensive remarks, then teaching this lesson shouldn’t be a problem. And if she did, then it will be invaluable to have the kids see her eat her words. Moreover, it might actually teach her something. In either event, this kind of balanced instruction on civics would be a good learning experience for a sixth grader.

ghostwriter on April 7, 2012 at 12:19 PM

for lib4life, maybe this will make some sense to you:

District Regulation 4426.2 says:

Employees shall not poll their pupils to determine their political beliefs or how their parents are voting on any issue and shall not attempt to indoctrinate pupils with personal political and social philosophy; however, employees are not prohibited from political activity after hours of official employment.

Or do you not have a problem with a teacher violating the district rules?

In addition to the political bias, you and everyone else should be concerned that the teacher is doing exactly the opposite of what schools should be doing – she is teaching name calling of people with whom she disagrees (something very prevalent with liberals) rather than teaching that ideas may be disagreeable (okay, even stupid) but the people holding them still must be respected.

We wonder why kids are so mean to each other, why there is so much horrific bullying going on it schools to the point that our children are committing suicide. Sorry, but this teacher is just one example – teaching children NOT to respect each other. Teaching ATTACKING and BRANDING someone simply based on their political thought.

katablog.com on April 7, 2012 at 12:25 PM

Maybe you missed all those fine liberal programs of the seventies like -values clarification (don’t listen to your parents) or drug free in Kindergarten (We had to teach 5 year olds their smoking parents were doing hard drugs) and science was in the teacher’s manuals “There’s no difference between a boy, a dog, and a rat” biodiversity! Then their was the outright5 distortion of American History…. Every kind of propaganda to desort and destroy the society, was incorporated to the enthusiasm of far too many who claimed the once honorable title of “teacher.”

Don L on April 7, 2012 at 12:30 PM

Something I’m missing here?

Whats wrong with that?

liberal4life on April 7, 2012 at 10:34 AM

I see you’re still sticking to your habit of making one post on a thread and running away. Thank you so much we really appreciate it. LOL

Deanna on April 7, 2012 at 12:33 PM

Something I’m missing here?

Whats wrong with that?

You’re missing a brain..

Look… do you have kids?.. do you?

I HAVE BEEN THIS ROUTE, DEALT WITH AN INDOCTRINATING TEACHER..

The 08 election year.. my daughter was in the 4th grade, semi-rural district. the only liberals in the whole area were concentrated in the damned schools.

She came home in tears one afternoon, because the teacher had verbally harassed her in class, mocking her, questioning her intelligence and that of her parents, which really was what upset her most.. Because why?

She had borrowed my veterans cap my wife had got for me, which had a McCain/Palin 08 button on it. what a friggin crime……

This teacher was already a walking Obama sticker, his classroom which was supposed to be about social studies… not leftwing indoctrination 101, which it was, with dozens of Obama posters lining the walls. Bad enough, but add on to that bullying browbeating even a hint someone disagreed, on to 4th grade children who can’t even vote.

I complained, loudly, that if he wanted to impartially discuss it I had no problem, but this bullying my daughter for not even saying anything was unacceptable… I was told since the teacher was gay,(flaming, with clownish colored clothing).. I was a homophobe for criticizing him..

Really?… when I hadn’t even brought that up.. this “teacher” used his open gay status as a shield, from which he could hurl darts at children, yet not have to suffer any return fire.

So the school did nothing, except accuse me of a hate crime.. friggin typical leftwing behavior..

My response was to wage a low level war of annoyance on that teaher.. taught my girl how to dig in her heels and stiffen up.. to use lines I had written for her to irritate that teacher.. her rocket project was dubbed USS SARAH PALIN.. etc… anything to get under that dirtbags skin,.. her grades were lowered in retaliation.. I threatened a lawyer.. they mysteriously were restored to her a status..

I know where this can lead, a small minded dirtbag with a God complex and a room with a captive audience which couldn’t fight back..

oh I know liberal teachers.. this guy was an exception only in he was so openly in our face.. but the others supported him, like lemmings..

That teacher is only one among thousands who use their class to indoctrinate.. when liberals say it’s about freedom of thought, no it’s only freedom to think what I tell you..

so teach your kids to harden up, and resist, the onslaught of lefty love.. they;ll threaten, bully, push and push and push…

So Libby.. tell me again how harmless this is.. when you’ve had a child get bullied by a republican teacher..

you won’t because those kind get fired..

your kind get promoted.

mark81150 on April 7, 2012 at 12:35 PM

Teacher tells 6th grade class that ‘Republicans are stupid’

Projection appears to be a rampant phenomena among liberals, as does intolerance of non conformity.

If any teacher in a position of authority were to make a negative comment – bashing a group of people based on gender, ethnicity , religion, age, orientation, they would be out on their butt. Somehow ideological bigotry is tolerated?

Dr Evil on April 7, 2012 at 12:40 PM

Teachers shouldn’t teach science.

Rusty Allen on April 7, 2012 at 12:41 PM

mark81150 on April 7, 2012 at 12:35 PM

What’s really shocking is how often this happens in the news…even more shocking is thinking about all the instances of liberal left indocrination (and that’s exactly what it is) that we never hear about.

And as a teh ghey on the conservative side of the fence myself, dingles like this teacher cry the “homophobe” rally way too often in many differing instances. There are real homophobes out there, but to overuse a label like that diminishes the real problem people.

JetBoy on April 7, 2012 at 12:44 PM

Something I’m missing here?

Whats wrong with that?

liberal4life on April 7, 2012 at 10:34 AM

Stupid comment of the day…

RalphyBoy on April 7, 2012 at 12:45 PM

liberal4life on April 7, 2012 at 10:34 AM

Stupid comment of the day…

RalphyBoy on April 7, 2012 at 12:45 PM

Water is wet. L4L wins that award quite often.

VegasRick on April 7, 2012 at 12:50 PM

mark81150 on April 7, 2012 at 12:35 PM

GREAT Comment! Thanks for sharing your story.

ExpressoBold on April 7, 2012 at 12:59 PM

ghostwriter on April 7, 2012 at 12:19 PM

The answer to your “did she or didn’t she” post was earlier in the thread:

The Examiner has a different account in which the teacher admits saying it and apologizes.

Eren on April 7, 2012 at 10:29 AM

Yoop on April 7, 2012 at 1:19 PM

Black people Women are stupid” — Any Racist Democrat Politician

ExpressoBold on April 7, 2012 at 11:26 AM
FIFY.

FIFY

talkingpoints on April 7, 2012 at 1:26 PM

I wear my stupid badge with honor. It is the shape of a document signed by some other stupid folks 236 years ago.

Limerick on April 7, 2012 at 1:28 PM

Black people Women are stupid” — Any Racist Democrat Politician

ExpressoBold on April 7, 2012 at 11:26 AM
FIFY.

FIFY

talkingpoints on April 7, 2012 at 1:26 PM

@liberal4life: See anything wrong yet?

ExpressoBold on April 7, 2012 at 1:33 PM

Good for the parents’ objecting. Don’t stop!

Nothing new here, though, as far as ideology springing to a teacher’s lips. 15 years ago, a middle-school science assignment had my daughter contacting our local water utility for the water-quality test reports mandated by law. The reports showed our water was in full compliance with all the health standards in our district.

In class, the teacher (revealing his environmental whacko-ism) stated flat out that the reports had to be false and the officials knew it.

I raised h-ll with the teacher for planting the idea in the kids’ minds with zero proof (some scientific method) that these public officials could not possibly be truthful about the environment, and everything was always worse than they said.

Of course, I got the “oh, but you’re the ONLY parents who ever raised any question,” blah blah).

Did I mention this was at a prestigious private school, to which we were forking over hefty tuition? Sigh.

ugottabekiddingme on April 7, 2012 at 1:37 PM

The answer to your “did she or didn’t she” post was earlier in the thread:

Eren on April 7, 2012 at 10:29 AM

Yoop on April 7, 2012 at 1:19 PM

I didn’t ask a question. My point is that at this point it doesn’t matter if she said it or not. If she apologized, great. If she didn’t, they shouldn’t let her off the hook with a denial, and a he-said, she-said defense. For my part, I don’t really much care about whether this particular teacher did it. What incenses me are these little platitude-plated tyrants misusing their positions to bully children, and shove their idiotic agendas down the students’ and parnets’ throats.

At the end of the day, the schools are there to educate. They should be able to teach children about the histories and ideological stances of each of the political parties, without calling a significant proportion of the country stupid or racist. The worst thing about these idiot teachers is their lack of professionalism.

ghostwriter on April 7, 2012 at 1:51 PM

….My response was to wage a low level war of annoyance on that teaher.. taught my girl how to dig in her heels and stiffen up.. to use lines I had written for her to irritate that teacher.. her rocket project was dubbed

USS SARAH PALIN

mark81150 on April 7, 2012 at 12:35 PM

Great story! I loved that bit about the USS Sarah Palin! I’m going to have to keep that one in mind should the need ever arise….

ghostwriter on April 7, 2012 at 1:53 PM

JetBoy on April 7, 2012 at 12:44 PM

Thank you my friend for understanding.. We all knew he was gay, it was no secret, and I’ve worked with gays off and on my whole working life. I never had an issue with it, Our wedding was photographed by a lesbian friend of my wife, she was good people.

I was shocked by that accusation mostly because not having an issue with him on that, I was totally blindsided by it. What the Hell?.. If you don’t have hate in you, to be accused of it does hurt, no matter what the accusation is… like being called a book burner because you disagreed with a particular author over a non-related comment he’d made..

a completely absurd that to accuse me of.. I can remember asking some fool at work to step outside, because one of the guys I supervised, was shaken and upset by a big dumb as a post farmboy, who told him all gays should be killed.. well you can’t, nobody can let that go.. The poor guy was a gentle soul, couldn’t fight if his life depended on it. I always thought of those kind of men as innocents almost,.. not a fighter because he was a coward, but because he simply was too good a soul to even have the ability.. I liked him,.. soooo.. uhm..

well, I handled it,.. if you.. well I can’t really say it,.. the mm uh.. old fashioned soldiers way,.. but he never bothered that poor guy again.. and no marks.. no complaint ..

I detest bully’s with everything in me.. and that guy was an innocent, within my zone of protection..

In my book, there are no ism’s or ists, no phobes.. there are good people, kind people, and there are the OTHERS.. people who cross the line and warrent direct intervention.. I’m too disabled now for that kind of justice… but once upon a time..

anyway, thanks for understanding.

mark81150 on April 7, 2012 at 1:54 PM

mark81150 on April 7, 2012 at 1:54 PM

When they immediately turn to name-calling and bringing in non sequiturs, it’s a clear sign that they’re losing the argument…

ghostwriter on April 7, 2012 at 1:57 PM

angrymike on April 7, 2012 at 11:05 AM

lib4life’s great grandfather played “Heathcliff” in this vintage Looney Tunes short:

Money Line: Louie the parrot slaps Heatchcliff and tells him: “You forgot to breathe again!”.

Del Dolemonte on April 7, 2012 at 2:02 PM