Forget football. Get ready for Pastor Tebow

posted at 1:01 pm on April 7, 2012 by Jazz Shaw

Tim Tebow will be starting on Sunday. Of course, it has nothing to do with the wildcat formation or third and long. The new Jets superstar will be delivering the Easter sermon at a Texas church.

Tim Tebow is suiting up for Easter Sunday — although he’s still just a backup.

The sporting world’s best-known Christian will deliver a 20-minute sermon at a Texas church this weekend to mark the resurrection of Jesus Christ.

Pastor Joe Champion of the Celebration Church in Georgetown, Texas, said he had no idea why the Jets’ newest addition picked their “Easter on the Hill” worship service for his appearance.

But he made it clear that Tebow’s role this Sunday is similar to his gig with Gang Green: He’s not the first-stringer.

“It’s not a Tim Tebow show,” Champion told KVUE-TV. “It’s not about celebrity. There’s really only one celebrity that we are going to honor and highlight.”

I continue wanting to dislike Tebow, but the guy really makes it tough. I managed to ignore him for he most part when he was in Denver, but when he signed on with the Jets, things got personal. I really didn’t want him coming to New York where we already have our full quota of sub-par quarterbacks. But there’s just something about the guy…

With lots of star athletes they make things easy. After they get some money in their pocket they start running around partying with supermodels, developing substance abuse problems or shooting themselves in the leg in a bar. But not Tebow. Nooooo.

“Hey, can you come deliver a sermon at our church?”

“Sure.”

“Say, my kid has cancer. Can you come visit him and bring him to a game?”

“No problem.”

“My dog died.”

“Here. You can have my dog.”

Sheesh. What’s up with this guy? Can’t he at least get a jaywalking ticket or something so I can scream at him?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

:-)

pambi on April 7, 2012 at 1:05 PM

Heh. Great post, Jazz.

Weight of Glory on April 7, 2012 at 1:06 PM

Giving your dog to someone else, for any reason, is not cool.

Other than that, he is a light in lots of darkness all around.

Schadenfreude on April 7, 2012 at 1:07 PM

Good news from the NFL (for a change recently).

Philly on April 7, 2012 at 1:10 PM

It’s the sincerity that flummoxes; there’s so little of it these days.

Rational Thought on April 7, 2012 at 1:11 PM

Of course you want to hate him, Jazz. Everybody is obsessed with tearing down others these days. There finally seems to be someone in the NFL that is a stand-out, but doesn’t do dumb crap, and everyone wants to hate him. It’s sad.

robertlbryant on April 7, 2012 at 1:11 PM

Heh. Great post, Jazz.

Weight of Glory on April 7,

2012 at 1:06 PM

Agreed.

zerotonin on April 7, 2012 at 1:12 PM

I continue wanting to dislike Tebow

Why?

Stoic Patriot on April 7, 2012 at 1:14 PM

I can’t find any links about him giving away his dog.
Any help ?

pambi on April 7, 2012 at 1:15 PM

Good luck Tebow. You are a really nice young man and many admire you for you faith and how you prove by actions your faith. That would include me, BTW.

God bless you Tim and may you have a beautiful Easter.
L

letget on April 7, 2012 at 1:17 PM

I don’t follow him, football or sports at all and I like him – maybe it’s because he’s a genuine Christian.

Even if he were to eventually stumble I’d like him because his past and present actions show that he’d be humble and contrite – probably to the point of not only mere deprecation but nigh self-flagulation, removing himself.

Logus on April 7, 2012 at 1:18 PM

So dumb.

Rusty Allen on April 7, 2012 at 1:19 PM

I can’t find any links about him giving away his dog.
Any help ?

pambi on April 7, 2012 at 1:15 PM

Perhaps that part was a bit hyperbolic/tongue in cheek?

Logus on April 7, 2012 at 1:19 PM

I don’t think Mr. Tebow is the first football player to stand at a podium and preach the Gospel. One or two other former players come to mind – but I can’t place their names.

Logus on April 7, 2012 at 1:20 PM

robertlbryant on April 7, 2012 at 1:11 PM

Hear, hear! Being clean-cut is seen as something to despise, the world is upside down.

obladioblada on April 7, 2012 at 1:22 PM

barren women from aroung the globe flocking to Tebow, as legend growing that to stand withing 10 fet of him enhances fertility.

renalin on April 7, 2012 at 1:26 PM

This kid is no Ken O’Brien. He’s a winner. He’s a thoroughbred. I wish he was playing for the Eagles.

JohnGalt23 on April 7, 2012 at 1:27 PM

Payton and Eli are clean cut Christians. They are also good at football. Tim is a good man but is the worst QB in the NFL. He Is famous for wearing his heart on his sleeve. He is just like Danika Patrick, famous for different reasons of course, but substandard in their respective sport nonetheless.

Rusty Allen on April 7, 2012 at 1:28 PM

JohnGalt23 on April 7, 2012 at 1:27 PM
You’re dilutional.

Rusty Allen on April 7, 2012 at 1:29 PM

I don’t like him because he’s a good christian. I like him because he’s a good person.

bictech on April 7, 2012 at 1:30 PM

Ahem, you’re talking about the JETS having their full quota of sub-par quarterbacks, right? The Giants quarterback has two Superbowl rings to go along with his two Superbowl MVP trophies. I’m sure you were just referring to the Jets, right???

joejm65 on April 7, 2012 at 1:31 PM

I can’t help but like the guy, I never watched sports before, and don’t plan on starting to. He seems like a good role model though.

Mord on April 7, 2012 at 1:32 PM

bictech on April 7, 2012 at 1:30 PM

Great comment, Happy Easter.

Rusty Allen on April 7, 2012 at 1:32 PM

I wuv him.

Blake on April 7, 2012 at 1:34 PM

One or two other former players come to mind – but I can’t place their names.

Logus on April 7, 2012 at 1:20 PM

Reggie White was one. In fact, I’m convinced that TT isn’t hated by many in the press because he’s a Christian, or that he’s an outspoken Christian athlete. Because in that regard, he’s not breaking any “new ground”. I really think he’s despised in the press primarily because of two things: he’s home schooled, and his mother chose not to abort him when she was advised to do so.

Weight of Glory on April 7, 2012 at 1:35 PM

Logus on April 7, 2012 at 1:20 PM

The late Reggie White of the Green Bay Packers (the “Minister of Defense”) preached sometimes in his free time.

RBMN on April 7, 2012 at 1:35 PM

robertlbryant on April 7, 2012 at 1:11 PM

bold added

No, everyone does not want to hate him. In all likelihood, quite a few of those who started out disliking him -figuring he was just another ‘religion on his sleeve’ hypocrite- have begun to come around due to his enduring sincerity.

Probably, the number of people who hate him because of his overt religiousness is roughly equal to the number who are overtly religious and whose hypocrisy is manifested in a need to be perceived as some kind of martyr; a victim of persecution who “everyone wants to hate”.

It’s sad.

M240H on April 7, 2012 at 1:39 PM

Resistance is futile! Surrender to the TEBOW!

Tim Tebow – what’s not to love?

Pork-Chop on April 7, 2012 at 1:39 PM

It’s the sincerity that flummoxes; there’s so little of it these days.

Rational Thought on April 7, 2012 at 1:11 PM

Yeah, I think that’s about right.

Doomberg on April 7, 2012 at 1:42 PM

I can’t find any links about him giving away his dog.
Any help ?

pambi on April 7, 2012 at 1:15 PM

Tebow didn’t do that. It was NY “HooMah.”

ExpressoBold on April 7, 2012 at 1:42 PM

Nothing evil enjoys more than watching a good man fall. May God Bless Tim and keep him standing for the world to see.

Grunt on April 7, 2012 at 1:42 PM

JohnGalt23 on April 7, 2012 at 1:27 PM

You’re dilutional.

Rusty Allen on April 7, 2012 at 1:29 PM

“dilutional”? Oh, I thinking he’s drinking that booze straight.

M240H on April 7, 2012 at 1:43 PM

I heard from an anonymous(manufactured) source that Tim will be stopping at Arkansas on the way back. The Razorbacks apparently feel Petrino could benefit from some of his advice.

a capella on April 7, 2012 at 1:43 PM

Everyone seems to think Teebs is the only pro athlete who’s not afraid to have his Christianity displayed here and there. Hope he give a good sermon tho…and maybe this move will gain the good graces of the big guy upstairs, because He’s never really been a Jets fan so far.

JetBoy on April 7, 2012 at 1:43 PM

I didn’t know much about him till I happened to see an interview when he was picked up by the Jets. His optimism, humility and sincerity really shone through. I hope he does well with the Jets.

Dee2008 on April 7, 2012 at 1:46 PM

Tim Tebow is a great role model for all of us. He is not afraid to show his heart. We Christians need to step up our game, and defend our beliefs. If a Muslim did what TT does, he wouldn’t get any bad press. But Christian’s get cut down and ridiculed. I, for one, wish I could hear Tim preach on Easter Sunday. It’s just too long of a drive from Michigan…

rightmom2 on April 7, 2012 at 1:50 PM

I wuv him.

Blake on April 7, 2012 at 1:34 PM

*** snort *** LOL

ExpressoBold on April 7, 2012 at 1:51 PM

Heh. Great post, Jazz.

Weight of Glory on April 7,

2012 at 1:06 PM

Agreed.

zerotonin on April 7, 2012 at 1:12 PM

Great Post Jazz. Tebow is an amazing human being.

SparkPlug on April 7, 2012 at 2:00 PM

Rusty Allen on April 7, 2012 at 1:28 PM

Tim Tebow will be a quarterback who may never win a super bowl… which makes him like… Tony Romo? Joe Flacco? Pretty much any of about 10 teams in a 32 team league?

BKennedy on April 7, 2012 at 2:00 PM

Schadenfreude on April 7, 2012 at 1:07 PM

Well at least he didn’t strap his dog to the roof of a car and drive several hundred miles like Mr. Sketch-A-Glitch.

hehe

SparkPlug on April 7, 2012 at 2:03 PM

football wise, I dislike Tebow because he beat Oklahoma in the national championship, and I lost a bet when he got drafted in the first round; however I have gained serious respect for his heart and desire to succeed. not sure he can succeed in the NFL as a quarterback, but I would find a place on the field for him. personally, he’d be my first choice to marry my daughter if I had one. I live in Round Rock, might have to make the 10 minute drive over to Georgetown tomorrow…

burserker on April 7, 2012 at 2:03 PM

He has that quality. Even after beating the Tide, I spoke to many fellow fans and grads who (quietly) said lots of positive post-game things. Pretty neat for a fellow to be able to bring that sort of goodwill out of folks

rogerb on April 7, 2012 at 2:05 PM

Why even jokingly pine for someone who demonstrates upright moral character to morally fail?

The answer to that question tells us more about the person making such an observation than it would if the person made a list of their own moral failures.

Standing in the presence of Christlikeness shines a light on ones own sins, and convicts us in our hearts, unless evil rules our hearts. Joking about it is a coping mechanism, but the failure still gnaws.

Right Jazz?

Let Tim Tebow be Tim Tebow. If he falls, he falls – he is only a man, after all. And if he doesn’t fall, he is a shining example of what humanity could look like if we all gave our hearts to Jesus Christ as completely as Tim Tebow has.

IronDioPriest on April 7, 2012 at 2:06 PM

Logus on April 7, 2012 at 1:20 PM

how about FCA (Fellowship of Christian Athletes)

burserker on April 7, 2012 at 2:07 PM

Is he still a virgin?

liberal4life on April 7, 2012 at 2:08 PM

Tebow and Obama are like north and south

Obamatrix on April 7, 2012 at 2:09 PM

Short note on why I think Tebow is getting a lot of the “he talks about JC too much” talk.

He actually does what Christ said to do, which is tell the world about him. Tim realizes this was a command for every part of his life, not just for when it is easy…or on Sunday when he is around like minded individuals. He is an apostle, who just happens to be good at football. (full disclosure: I am a Denver Bronco fan who thinks having Tebow was AWESOME for the team) So when people ask him about victories/losses/tieing his shoe, he responds first with some variation of why God should get the glory.

This scares most Americans because over the last 40 years we have by and large been convinced that Christianity has everything to do with “being nice” to people and not spreading the word about a personal savior. Tim reminds us that to follow Christ is to tell others about him (because there is no salvation except through Christ) and this makes us feel bad about ourselves. You can believe in the God of the Jews without being a Christian…but calling yourself a Christian and not telling others is a lie…and this makes us ashamed when we see what we should be…and this makes us lash out at the person holding a candle to our shame.

p.s. Yes, I did work in a couple Hamlet references… :)

airmonkey on April 7, 2012 at 2:12 PM

God Bless and protect this massive gathering, and all others of the faithful in Christ all around this world, from evil forces and savage blood thirsty radical fanatics intent on terror and slaughter in the name of their false prophet on this Holy day of celebration for our Lord Jesus Christ’s miraculous resurrection. -Amen

FlatFoot on April 7, 2012 at 2:13 PM

People want to hate him because they recognize he has better values than they do. It’s a matter of embarrassment and envy. The guy understands what’s REALLY important- his time with the sick kids proves that- and it points out the meaninglessness of what most people value these days.

He’s a GREAT MAN- and people want to hate him for it.

michaelo on April 7, 2012 at 2:16 PM

Aw, Jazz. You’re such a … Jets fan. :-)

J.E. Dyer on April 7, 2012 at 2:18 PM

FlatFoot on April 7, 2012 at 2:13 PM

amen

conservative tarheel on April 7, 2012 at 2:19 PM

While I agree with a lot of the comments re: the source of envy and scorn for Tebow, I would like to add another reason. Tebow’s joy and happiness are NOT dependent on circumstances. This is so at odds with the way most of the world operates.

My $0.02

4Grace on April 7, 2012 at 2:21 PM

@liberal4life: See anything wrong yet?

ExpressoBold on April 7, 2012 at 2:23 PM

Aw, Jazz. You’re such a … Jets fan. :-)

J.E. Dyer on April 7, 2012 at 2:18 PM

Ha!

4Grace on April 7, 2012 at 2:23 PM

joejm65 on April 7, 2012 at 1:31 PM

I was confused on that one myself. New York has NO pro quarterbacks. However, New Jersey has had many over the last 30 some years.

TugboatPhil on April 7, 2012 at 2:24 PM

Is he still a virgin?

liberal4life on April 7, 2012 at 2:08 PM

If he is, he won’t deflower you. He has way better taste.

Lefties! There’s a very special place in Hell for you. It’s not even hot. It is a latrine, full of slush for you, the rats, to ski on/in.

Schadenfreude on April 7, 2012 at 2:24 PM

He’s a GREAT MAN- and people want to hate him for it.

michaelo on April 7, 2012 at 2:16 PM

EXACTLY!!!

I’ll say it…. I am ashamed I am not as good a person as he is. It’s that simple.

1.) Some will hate him for it.

2.) Some will try to use it as inspiration to lead a better life going forward.

Lord give me the strength to belong to group #2.

Green_Bay_Packers on April 7, 2012 at 2:25 PM

Lefties are the enemy of good.

Schadenfreude on April 7, 2012 at 2:25 PM

Logus on April 7, 2012 at 1:20 PM

The Minister Reggie White comes to mind.

MJBrutus on April 7, 2012 at 2:26 PM

If he’d have grown up in the same misery, and gone on to be on welfare, the Left would adore him.

You utter disgusting scum!

Schadenfreude on April 7, 2012 at 2:27 PM

TugboatPhil on April 7, 2012 at 2:24 PM

Broadway Joe played in NY, not NJ, to name just one.

MJBrutus on April 7, 2012 at 2:27 PM

Is he still a virgin?

liberal4life on April 7, 2012 at 2:08 PM

If he is, he won’t deflower you. He has way better taste.

Schadenfreude on April 7, 2012 at 2:24 PM

Bwaaah. You just crushed libby4life, who prolly has every kind of STD imaginable.

SparkPlug on April 7, 2012 at 2:29 PM

Is he still a virgin?

liberal4life on April 7, 2012 at 2:08 PM

…why you want to know?…Did you run out of batteries again?

KOOLAID2 on April 7, 2012 at 2:41 PM

airmonkey on April 7, 2012 at 2:12 PM

Indeed.
And there are situations when God’s desire for his people is to not be nice.
There were several times when Jesus was not very nice.
But he was always full of love, & always holy. As we should be.

itsnotaboutme on April 7, 2012 at 2:42 PM

Tim is a good man but is the worst QB in the NFL.

Rusty Allen on April 7, 2012 at 1:28 PM

Yup, he really stunk up Denver, taking over a hapless 1-4 team & going 7-4 for the rest of the season.

itsnotaboutme on April 7, 2012 at 2:49 PM

Is he still a virgin?

liberal4life on April 7, 2012 at 2:08 PM

Which is exactly as important as whether he has ever driven over the speed limit or lied to anyone.

rogerb on April 7, 2012 at 2:49 PM

It’s a sad affair that a seeing an actual good man on TV becomes such a rarity that everyone is surprised. Even sadder is the fact that most are waiting for him to screw-up.

Pattosensei on April 7, 2012 at 2:50 PM

“If the world hates you, remember that it hated me first.”
John 15:18

Hope he has a blessed Easter, I wish I could be there to hear him speak.

kg598301 on April 7, 2012 at 2:55 PM

Pattosensei on April 7, 2012 at 2:50 PM

Rome in front of yer eyes….and this.

Hope ‘n Change

Schadenfreude on April 7, 2012 at 2:58 PM

Ironically, Tim Tebow is now what would be considered “counterculture.” Despite my agnosticism, I love it.

Jim-Rose on April 7, 2012 at 3:58 PM

Broadway Joe played in NY, not NJ, to name just one.

MJBrutus on April 7, 2012 at 2:27 PM

I was only talking about the last 30 years or so. Don’t go all Y.A. Tittle on me!

TugboatPhil on April 7, 2012 at 4:02 PM

Young Mr. Tebow is a committed Christian. People want to see him fall/fail so they can say,

“SEE! He’s just like all the rest of them! A hypocrite!!”

When Namath was the Jets q/b, he’d fornicate anything that would hold still, and brag about it. Fans couldn’t get enough of the ‘slut du jour’, young men grew up wanting to be like Namath and we have a moral catastrophe as a result. Did Namath cause all by himself? Of course not. Was he a strong influence contributing to the moral decline? Afraid so.

At some point in his life Tebow will stumble and he may fall, but that’s what ‘grace’ is about. And anyway, it isn’t really Mr. Tebow that people get upset about, it’s the GOD he serves and the fact that he’s serious about – and not ashamed of – his faith.

PS With some work and good coaching, Tebow may be the best thing to happen to the Jets in years.

oldleprechaun on April 7, 2012 at 4:09 PM

Is he still a virgin?

liberal4life on April 7, 2012 at 2:08 PM

You still a skank?

BigAlSouth on April 7, 2012 at 4:17 PM

White Tebow spends some of his own money on the less fortunate, in other news, Allen Iverson reportedly squandered $154M and another NFL great files for bankruptcy –

miron on April 7, 2012 at 4:18 PM

You go, Tim. We’re praying for you!

And Happy Easter to Tim and to all. Jesus is Risen!

Christian Conservative on April 7, 2012 at 4:22 PM

God Bless you Tim. Happy Easter to everyone, even if you don’t believe in HIM.

donyalola on April 7, 2012 at 4:29 PM

oldleprechaun on April 7, 2012 at 4:09 PM

Not only that, but he was a lousy QB:

itsnotaboutme on April 7, 2012 at 5:02 PM

Tebow should be good at preaching about this made up fake zombie “god” nonsense he’s had years of faking being a QB.

Hey Timmy you sick weirdo you are LYING to people with all this fictional supernatural garbage you are spewing. Grow up stop believing in obvious fake crap like “god” and “religion”. Get a set of huevos, get some intelligence and live in the light instead of cowering in the darkness of religion. All religion is about is fear, repression, stupidity, moral cowardice and intellectual slavery. I weep for morons that willingly shackle themselves to religion you are sad worthless fear filled children that need big sky daddy to tell you how to live, its pathetic you chumps.

Your Mamma loves me on April 7, 2012 at 5:04 PM

miron on April 7, 2012 at 4:18 PM

And Sapp is one of Tebow’s biggest critics.

If I was Pat Robertson, I’d say serves him right.

itsnotaboutme on April 7, 2012 at 5:04 PM

Jesus is Risen!

Christian Conservative on April 7, 2012 at 4:22 PM

how does a fictional character “rise” is it a zombie or something?

Your Mamma loves me on April 7, 2012 at 5:06 PM

Sorry, White=While. No intention to mention color.

miron on April 7, 2012 at 5:20 PM

@Your Mamma, nobody is forcing you to believe what Tim is talking about. You are free to continue believing as you profess. But you are wasting your time telling Tim and us who believe as he does to stop. The person we have put our trust in has proclaimed: “I am the Way, and the Truth, and the Life.” I for one “put all my eggs in that basket.” You may call us “morons” but whose “moron” are you?

miron on April 7, 2012 at 5:31 PM

Jesus is Risen!
Christian Conservative on April 7, 2012 at 4:22 PM

how does a fictional character “rise” is it a zombie or something?
Your Mamma loves me on April 7, 2012 at 5:06 PM

Jesus is real. Even non-Christian historians believe this:

The extant manuscripts of the writings of the 1st century Romano-Jewish historian Flavius Josephus include references to Jesus and the origins of Christianity. Josephus’ Antiquities of the Jews, written around 93–94 AD, includes two references to Jesus in Books 18 and 20 and a reference to John the Baptist in Book 18.

The overwhelming majority of modern scholars consider the reference in Book 20, Chapter 9, 1 of the Antiquities to “the brother of Jesus, who was called Christ, whose name was James” to be authentic and to have the highest level of authenticity among the references of Josephus to Christianity.

imasoulman on April 7, 2012 at 5:35 PM

how does a fictional character “rise” is it a zombie or something?
Your Mamma loves me on April 7, 2012 at 5:06 PM

How did Jesus rise?
First, the Bible claims that Jesus was the incarnation of God:

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning.
John 1:1~2

The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.
John 1:14

The Word = Jesus.
Since Jesus was God in the flesh, that would explain his ability to rise from the dead.

Second, if you are sincerely interested in learning about the resurrection of Jesus, you need to read the Bible. Here’s an example:

1 On the first day of the week, very early in the morning, the women took the spices they had prepared and went to the tomb. 2 They found the stone rolled away from the tomb, 3 but when they entered, they did not find the body of the Lord Jesus. 4 While they were wondering about this, suddenly two men in clothes that gleamed like lightning stood beside them. 5 In their fright the women bowed down with their faces to the ground, but the men said to them, “Why do you look for the living among the dead? 6 He is not here; he has risen! Remember how he told you, while he was still with you in Galilee: 7 ‘The Son of Man must be delivered over to the hands of sinners, be crucified and on the third day be raised again.’”
Luke 24:1~7

imasoulman on April 7, 2012 at 5:58 PM

It’s hilarious to see so many around here saying what the guy is instead of what his ability is should be what determines his place in the NFL.

What a bunch of liberals you are.

Moesart on April 7, 2012 at 6:11 PM

What a bunch of liberals you are.

Moesart on April 7, 2012 at 6:11 PM

Cite time(s), please.

rogerb on April 7, 2012 at 6:31 PM

What a bunch of liberals you are.

Moesart on April 7, 2012 at 6:11 PM

First, the article was about his preaching, not his football. Second, as rookie he took his team to the playoffs after his predecessor began with a 1-4 start, and further, most NFL quarterbacks take 3-5 years to mature. He may deserve a couple more years before declaring him useless, and finally, after all he did for the Broncos and after they unceremoniously dumped him, he told management to make the deal that was best for the team. He could have asked to go to Miami where his fan-base would have been higher.

He acts with class in all he does. Unlike some of the posters.

STL_Vet on April 7, 2012 at 6:57 PM

Is he still a virgin?

liberal4life on April 7, 2012 at 2:08 PM

You keep proving me right and you’re loathesome.

Just because your lost your virginity at 12 and take pride in your STD and abortion count doesn’t mean you should mock others. I know Tebow makes you feel really small but please. Just quit.

CW on April 7, 2012 at 7:05 PM

Your Mamma loves me on April 7, 2012 at 5:04 PM

…you sound unlike your name…not a happy person either most of the time when you post…maybe you’re missing something?

KOOLAID2 on April 7, 2012 at 7:09 PM

Jesus is Risen!

Christian Conservative on April 7, 2012 at 4:22 PM

He is risen indeed.

davidk on April 7, 2012 at 7:27 PM

Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies . . . ” My question to some of you: What happens to you after you die? If Jesus is a hoax, I will be no worse than you. I know some might identify this reasoning as Pascal’s Wager, as if simply identifying it makes it invalid.

miron on April 7, 2012 at 8:50 PM

STL_Vet on April 7, 2012 at 6:57 PM

You proved my point. Did Tebow walk on water as he left the building?

Denver dumped him as soon as someone else became available BECAUSE TEBOW ISN’T AN NFL QUARTERBACK.

But, he prays a lot in front of everyone, so just keep him on and give him millions of dollars anyway, eh? Smart.

Moesart on April 7, 2012 at 9:02 PM

It’s sad.

M240H on April 7, 2012 at 1:39 PM

It doesn’t have to be about his religion for some of us, ya know. The guy seems genuinely nice, and as far as I know he hasn’t taken a pic of penis and sent it to people, hasn’t been accused of rape, hasn’t shot himself in the leg, etc etc etc.

There’s no need to add that mocking tone of yours there at the end either, champ.

robertlbryant on April 7, 2012 at 9:28 PM

During his press conference when he joined the Jets, when each new reporter asked a question they started with the obligatory, polite standard greeting – “how are you”, “hello”, “good to see you”, etc. It’s rhetorical. Normally after the first one you just let it slide and wait for the actual question. Not Tim Tebow. He responded to every single salutation in kind. Every one. They were not rhetorical to him. He’s so polite you want to hug him.

hadsil on April 7, 2012 at 9:36 PM

What a bunch of liberals you are.

Moesart on April 7, 2012 at 6:11 PM

Didn’t he take over a 1-4 team and get them to the 2nd round of the playoffs? Aren’t team results what counts? How’d that get to be liberal?

TugboatPhil on April 7, 2012 at 9:57 PM

Mr. Tebow and I have one thing in common. We simply don’t care about the fools, and the freaks who are so terrified in their spiritual loneliness that they mock a good and decent man to try to salve a wound that will not heal…..and yes there is a reason why the reverse of God is dog…in his wisdom he gave us a beautiful loyal beast that loves us everyday. And every day is gift to know them.

HatfieldMcCoy on April 8, 2012 at 1:33 AM

Is he still a virgin?

liberal4life on April 7, 2012 at 2:08 PM

Who knows. The only thing we do know for certain though, is that if he is, it’s completely by choice.

Esthier on April 8, 2012 at 11:01 AM

I continue wanting to dislike Tebow
Jazz

Why? Do you feel threatened by him?

CorporatePiggy on April 8, 2012 at 11:09 AM