Quotes of the day

posted at 10:43 pm on April 6, 2012 by Allahpundit

“In all, the most predictable message of 2012 is likely to be that after a surge toward the Republicans following the 9/11 terrorist attacks, a tide of disillusionment with President Bush that lifted the Democrats in 2006 and 2008, and a sharp snap back toward the GOP in 2010, America has reverted to being a 50-50 nation. Which is, of course, exactly where we started this century after the 2000 presidential campaign that produced the closest thing to an electoral tie since 1880.

“But although 2012 will likely show the parties again converging in strength, all evidence suggests that they are diverging even more in philosophy and agenda. In 2000, after all, Bush ran as a ‘compassionate conservative’ who would govern as ‘a uniter, not a divider.’ That proved more of a slogan than a compass. But this year, the two parties barely even gesture toward the aspiration of reconciliation…

“So far, Obama’s second-term policy plans are more modest. But, in tone, he is taking an approach that’s every bit as pugilistic. Unlike President Clinton, who launched his 1996 reelection campaign by declaring, ‘The era of Big Government is over,’ Obama turned toward November this week by denouncing both the Court’s threat to his health care law and the House Republicans’ budget drafted by Rep. Paul Ryan of Wisconsin. The vast gulf between Obama’s fiscal priorities and the GOP’s (centered on whether to extend or even expand Bush’s tax cuts for the wealthiest) ensures intense conflict for as long as this president remains in office, even if, ultimately, he would likely pursue a bipartisan budget deal in a second term, as he did in last summer’s debt-ceiling standoff.”

***

“President Obama suggested this evening that the Republican governing agenda will lead to ‘poisoning our kids’ with pollution.

“‘I believe that it is part of our solemn responsibility to future generations that we look after this planet; that we make sure our air is clean and our water is clean; that we’re not poisoning our kids,’ Obama said at a campaign fundraiser tonight. That credo came as he explained that ‘the contrast between visions in this election could not be more stark, because I believe that America is stronger when we’re looking for one another.’”

***

“Am I alone in thinking that President Obama seemed angrier and bitterer and clingier than usual this week? Then again, you would be angry too if your best chance for reelection lay in smearing the opposition…

“The White House had leaked that the president would use the AP to turn the Ryan budget into a campaign issue. He did not disappoint. He accused Ryan, the GOP House, and likely nominee Mitt Romney of supporting a ‘Trojan Horse’ containing a ‘radical’ plan of ‘thinly veiled Social Darwinism’ that is ‘antithetical to our entire history,’ a ‘prescription for decline,’ and unpatriotic to boot. His face contorted into a grimace, his eyebrows narrowed, his voice booming and angry, Obama said the Republicans want nothing less than to harm the sick and aged while handing out $150,000 checks to millionaires and billionaires.

“The performance was so over the top it was almost laughable. The post-partisan reformer who claimed he would change the tone in Washington was again revealed as a canny pol willing to say anything about his opponents to win an election. Obama’s own Treasury Secretary has admitted that ‘We don’t have a definitive solution’ to America’s long-term entitlement crisis; but, rather than working in good faith to reform Medicare and Medicaid, the president wants to scare his way to a second term…

“One hopes that when the media inevitably scold Americans for conducting the ‘most negative campaign ever,’ they will acknowledge who, exactly, got the ball rolling. From targeting successful private citizens to claiming falsely that the Ryan plan ‘ends Medicare’ to belittling Romney’s wealth and demeanor, the Obama campaign has signaled that it recognizes the Lily Ledbetter Fair Pay Restoration Act of 2009 is not a legislative achievement on which one might base a campaign. Obama’s problem is that with the stimulus a failure, Obamacare on the ropes, Solyndra a national punch line, the national debt exploding, and his only significant proposal an increase in taxes, Lily is all he has.”

***

“The speech was an unusual and unleavened assault on the Republican Party. As such it was gutsy, no doubt sincere and arguably a little mad. The other party in a two-party center-right nation is anathema? There was no good-natured pledging to work together or find common ground, no argument that progress is possible…

“The speech was not aimed at healing, ameliorating differences, or joining together. The president was not even trying to appear to be pursing unity. He must think that is not possible for him now, as a stance.

“There was a dissonance at the speech’s core. It was aimed at the center — he seemed to be arguing that to the extent he has not succeeded as president, it is because he was moderate, high-minded and took the long view — but lacked a centrist tone and spirit…

“I guess what’s most interesting is that it’s all us-versus-them. Normally at this point, early in an election year, an incumbent president operates within a rounded, nonthreatening blur. He’s sort of in a benign cloud, and then pokes his way out of it with strong, edged statements as the year progresses. Mr. Obama isn’t doing this. He wants it all stark and sharply defined early on. Is this good politics? It is unusual politics.”

***

“In 2007, he was the post-partisan unifier, a persona that could capitalize on the widespread frustration with the Bush years. Hence, The Audacity of Hope. Five years later, with the country as frustrated as ever, he has become a hyper-partisan hack who will blame anybody or anything to distract from his own shortcomings. Hence, his attacks on the Court and Ryan.

“This strategy might get him reelected, but for what greater purpose? Barack Obama intends to break the country into fragments by shamelessly playing one group off another, in the hope that by November his share of the pieces will be just a touch larger than the opposition’s. But how can he possibly put those pieces back together again, should he be victorious?

“Our system is designed to prevent big changes absent a broad consensus, which Obama has little hope of achieving with this approach. He will not get enough Democrats in Congress to replay 2009-2010, meaning that he will have to work with Republicans, the very people he is now villainizing. Does he think the sore feelings he has created will simply disappear? They won’t. When you lose somebody’s trust, you almost never get it back…

“Barack Obama should expect nothing more, and I cannot help but marvel at how diminished he is now relative to the heights of just 3 years ago. He was elected in 2008 promising a new kind of politics. Yet he proved himself unequal to the big challenges he faced, and to mask his failures he has hidden behind the nasty partisanship he once decried. As a consequence, he has divided the country and, should he win in November, will only continue to do so, ensuring America gets nothing meaningful done so long as he is president.”

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 3 4 5

Yes, and I just need three steps to get away, please.

predator on April 7, 2012 at 2:27 AM

Sure thing..I’m a simple kind of man..:)

Dire Straits on April 7, 2012 at 2:40 AM

Never did like Lawrence Welk though–at all never ever. Even the Lennon sisters sucked—musically. jmho

arnold ziffel on April 7, 2012 at 2:36 AM

Oh no you di’nt. You did NOT just diss the Welkmeister.

Haha. I feel the same way. My parents watched it ever.single.week.

4Grace on April 7, 2012 at 2:41 AM

Still don’t know what “moderation” means. Were they counting his posts and links, or reviewing every post personally?

RedCrow on April 7, 2012 at 2:39 AM

I think, but don’t know for certain is that he was linking during the day and mostly O/T. I usually clicked though as they were newsworthy.
Why does he get warned/spanked when they allow absolute turds like Ken, DBear and lib4life to just post nonsense to tick people off?

arnold ziffel on April 7, 2012 at 2:43 AM

RedCrow on April 7, 2012 at 2:39 AM

All I know is it was a complete surprise.

predator on April 7, 2012 at 2:44 AM

It is funny how that affect you. My 28 year old son is always reminding me of 80′s-90′s stuff that I had forgot. He has moved on to different music but still likes mom and pop’s stuff.

arnold ziffel on April 7, 2012 at 2:36 AM

That’s so true. I’ve always been a big fan of the Beatles. Funny that I got a head start in my parents’ back seat–when I started choosing my own music, I already knew all the words to the Beatles songs!! Weird how little kids’ brains work!

RedCrow on April 7, 2012 at 2:44 AM

4Grace on April 7, 2012 at 2:39 AM

lolz..I just hope you didn’t have to dance all the way till the end of the long version..:)

Dire Straits on April 7, 2012 at 2:44 AM

Haha. I feel the same way. My parents watched it ever.single.week.

4Grace on April 7, 2012 at 2:41 AM

Don’t tell no one but a few years ago on PBS they sometimes ran Welk’s programs and I watched them. Kind of interesting to see the old clothes, music, etc.

arnold ziffel on April 7, 2012 at 2:46 AM

Now I’m really dating myself. lol

4Grace on April 7, 2012 at 2:39 AM

Dating yourself? My class picked “Bridge Over Troubled Waters.” I vote for “Born to be Wild” by Steppenwolf.

predator on April 7, 2012 at 2:47 AM

Dire Straits on April 7, 2012 at 2:44 AM

Knowing us, we probably didn’t dance at all. Just stood there with our Bic lighters in the air.

4Grace on April 7, 2012 at 2:48 AM

RedCrow on April 7, 2012 at 2:44 AM

Probably one of my favorite Beatles tunes

arnold ziffel on April 7, 2012 at 2:49 AM

arnold ziffel on April 7, 2012 at 2:43 AM

From what I recall, he always did that stuff “off-hours”, labelled it clearly as OT, and didn’t try any thread hijacking.

I don’t know why they would ax a good (non-paid) contributor like that, either.

predator on April 7, 2012 at 2:44 AM

Huge Monty Python fan when I was younger. (Still like that stuff, but Fry and Laurie, Black Adder, et al. sort of surplanted them.)

RedCrow on April 7, 2012 at 2:50 AM

arnold ziffel on April 7, 2012 at 2:49 AM

BEAUTIFUL song.
There are SOOOO many with the Beatles.
I posted this one before, as a tribute to GH. (God, I love that song!)

RedCrow on April 7, 2012 at 2:53 AM

Well, folks, thanks for the tunes, conversation and laughs. This chickadee needs some shuteye.

Good night and have a blessed Easter weekend.

4Grace on April 7, 2012 at 2:56 AM

Bic lighters in the air.

4Grace on April 7, 2012 at 2:48 AM

Ahh the memories..The Concerts were the best in that time scan..:)

Dire Straits on April 7, 2012 at 2:57 AM

Good night and have a blessed Easter weekend.

4Grace on April 7, 2012 at 2:56 AM

Night darlin’ and to the rest of y’all as well. I’m out.

predator on April 7, 2012 at 2:58 AM

4Grace on April 7, 2012 at 2:56 AM

“Say goodnight, Gracie.”
Lol–Have a good one.

RedCrow on April 7, 2012 at 2:58 AM

predator on April 7, 2012 at 2:58 AM

Night, pred.

RedCrow on April 7, 2012 at 2:59 AM

RedCrow on April 7, 2012 at 2:53 AM

This one is kind of catchy. I believe off of the same album In my life was on.

arnold ziffel on April 7, 2012 at 3:00 AM

Night whoever is left. Clock struck midnight. :)

arnold ziffel on April 7, 2012 at 3:02 AM

I posted this one before, as a tribute to GH. (God, I love that song!)

RedCrow on April 7, 2012 at 2:53 AM

Just remember it does not come easy!!..:)

Dire Straits on April 7, 2012 at 3:02 AM

arnold ziffel on April 7, 2012 at 3:00 AM

Yes. Both songs are from “Rubber Soul”.
My favorite song on that album.

RedCrow on April 7, 2012 at 3:06 AM

Dire Straits on April 7, 2012 at 3:02 AM

Great song.
I love this one with his ol’ pal Eric. (Yeah, I know GH did an earlier version–but I prefer this one.)

RedCrow on April 7, 2012 at 3:11 AM

RedCrow on April 7, 2012 at 3:11 AM

Good stuff!!..:)

PS..GH was also a part of this super group..IMHO..:)

Dire Straits on April 7, 2012 at 3:18 AM

The Beatles just wrote a ton of great songs with simple emotions very well expressed, as well as using what was for the time absolutely novel techniques.

For instance, in the early days of stereo in pop music, the usual “separation” was treble on one side, bass on the other, mid-range both (center), and the vocal lead was always centered. Listen to “Nowhere Man” on headphones, with the vocals and instruments on opposite sides. Another that was innovative at the time is “Long, Long Time” from the White Album – the vocal track starts out as a divided duet, moving together until merging in the center. Simple trick, but they were the first – at least the first major artists to do it.

My younger cousin observed that he took Music Appreciation in college in the early ’80s and they studied the Beatles. “Do you think,” he wondered, “they will be studying Funky Cold Medina in 20 years?”

Adjoran on April 7, 2012 at 3:21 AM

And, you’re right. Canopfor always gave links to real news stories that weren’t being covered, yet, by HA.

RedCrow on April 7, 2012 at 2:39 AM

It happened on the Primary thread Tues nite, not the QOTD. AP apparently sent an email asking canopfor to stop posting whatever he was posting because they were supposedly not related to the Wisconsin/MD/whichever state primary that Mitt was winning. Canopfor evidently didn’t see/read his emails because he was keeping up with the thread and posting links to other stories. AP aka DLW, out of hand lotion, got ticked and placed canopfor on double secret probation. So, every post by canopfor had to be reviewed for content.

Meanwhile, known trolls — whose only existence is to cause disaray, continue to post freely without fear of “moderation”. Why? Because AP aka DLW decides so, that’s why…

Gohawgs on April 7, 2012 at 3:24 AM

PS..GH was also a part of this super group..IMHO..:)

Dire Straits on April 7, 2012 at 3:18 AM

When I first heard them (I believe it was this song) I said to whomever I was with, “Who is this?!?”

But then, I love GH, Tom Petty, Roy Orbison, and Bob Dylan, so…
FANTASTIC!

RedCrow on April 7, 2012 at 3:25 AM

Gohawgs on April 7, 2012 at 3:24 AM

Thanks for this info.
I’ve not been around because of computer problems. (Also, to be honest, I’ll gladly skip primary nights ’cause I can’t stand the fighting and vitriol.)

I think they made a mistake. That guy is a bonus to their digs, IMO.

RedCrow on April 7, 2012 at 3:29 AM

Gohawgs on April 7, 2012 at 3:24 AM

Then again, I always think of late-night QOTD threads as being open. I can’t imagine being banned for OT comments at 2 or 3 in the morning.

And, why not let people speak their minds?

Never saw a problem with canopfor.

RedCrow on April 7, 2012 at 3:33 AM

I think they made a mistake. That guy is a bonus to their digs, IMO.

RedCrow on April 7, 2012 at 3:29 AM

Sure canopfor is yet, he of Meggie Mac panoramic wall mural fame “decided” otherwise…

I don’t read the primary thread comments either, only the updates…

Gohawgs on April 7, 2012 at 3:53 AM

Never saw a problem with canopfor.

RedCrow on April 7, 2012 at 3:33 AM

I saw lots of problems, but no reason to restrict his posts!

Adjoran on April 7, 2012 at 4:00 AM

I saw lots of problems, but no reason to restrict his posts!

Adjoran on April 7, 2012 at 4:00 AM

Yeah, I wasn’t saying I agreed with everything he said. I just never saw a ban-worthy comment.

RedCrow on April 7, 2012 at 4:07 AM

Lights-off
floors-mopped
coffee pot- set up
alright looks like its ok to close up.
anyone who sneaks in make sure you keep the doors closed, the trolls like sneaking in after hours and hiding till late morning.
:-)

angrymike on April 7, 2012 at 4:12 AM

You know what we say at QOTD. Play what you like, leave the mess for the morning crew. Just kidding morning crew. They won’t read this.

Bmore on April 7, 2012 at 12:21 AM

See below.

arnold ziffel on April 7, 2012 at 12:19 AM

…When I see your name..Green Acres theme song runs through my head. I watched re-runs growing up on Nick at Nite.

bazil9 on April 7, 2012 at 12:23 AM

I watched the originals.

Dang I’m old. Going back to bed, somebody else will have to clean up the mess.

Flora Duh on April 7, 2012 at 6:52 AM

What no donuts?!!!!! Thats it! I’m leaving!!!

lisa fox on April 7, 2012 at 7:10 AM

Mornin’, Children. Salads fear me!

annoyinglittletwerp on April 7, 2012 at 7:12 AM

Good morning ladies.

Flora Duh on April 7, 2012 at 7:16 AM

Wasn’t supposed to work today but the zone manager likes me and since my SCOAMF AM won’t be there today…he over-ruled him.
Heheheheh!

annoyinglittletwerp on April 7, 2012 at 7:18 AM

Regardless of the weakness in the March numbers, Gonzales expects the President to stress overall economic improvement over the course of his first term.

“The economy was so bad that relative to where we were, those numbers start to look better and I think that’s what the president is banking on saying ‘at least we’re not where we were — things could be worse.’” Such an argument is “very different from the hope and change message that we saw in 2008.” Source

4 more years of you Champ and we’ll find out how much worse. Never have been fond of Russian Roulette.

O/T

It looks like I’ve hurt the widdle feelings of Mikhail Muhammad, the NBP member who put out the “bounty” on George Zimmerman.

On April 4 I sent this tweet to my state’s AG.

@PamBondi As a FL resident I’m asking u issue an arrest warrant 4 New Black Panther leader Mikhail Muhammad 4 violating Florida Code 787.01

When I checked Twitter a bit ago there was this:

Mikhail Muhammad ‏ @MikhailM_hammad

@FloraDuh1 @PamBondi SHUTUP UNCLE TOM!

You just know he wanted to say he was going to have to kill me and my babies.

Flora Duh on April 7, 2012 at 7:31 AM

Heheheheh!

annoyinglittletwerp on April 7, 2012 at 7:18 AM

That reminds me ALT, Thursday I was listening to Dana Loesch’s show and some guy called in complaining about Walmart. The guy actually said that all of the employees are on welfare because Walmart pays low wages.

Since the guy claimed to be a Republican (yeah, right) Dana went easy on him, but she did set him straight.

I, on the other hand, wished like hell I was within smacking distance of the idiot.

Flora Duh on April 7, 2012 at 7:42 AM

Obama is reverting to his Community Organizing, Union thug mentality. I imagine that as this campaign season progresses and the Obamas find it difficult to fit in their bi-monthly exotic vacations, he will become more and more nasty. It will surely be nice to be rid of this very un-presidential guy.

lhuffman34 on April 7, 2012 at 7:43 AM

Off Topic

NBC is running clips of “To KIll a Mockingbird” and equating it to Trayvon Martin. At the White House, President Obama has filmed an introduction to the movie that will be shown when the movie shows on some network tonight. Because when I think of Tom Robinson, I think of Trayvon. You should, too. /

Marcus on April 7, 2012 at 7:44 AM

Whassup with canopfor? What did I miss?

predator on April 6, 2012 at 11:07 PM

Too many off topics…

AP didn’t ban him, but put his posts in permanent moderation…
He had to email AP for forgiveness..

Electrongod on April 6, 2012 at 11:12 PM

No WAAAAAAY! Canop adds SO much to HA, he should be an adjunct columnist! I ALWAYS look forward to his updates. Mediation, bah!
Hurry back, Canopfor!

herm2416 on April 7, 2012 at 8:02 AM

You just know he wanted to say he was going to have to kill me and my babies.

Flora Duh on April 7, 2012 at 7:31 AM

Heh, you go, girl!

herm2416 on April 7, 2012 at 8:05 AM

Seriously, it’s got to be some sort of clinical pathology.

RedCrow on April 7, 2012 at 1:29 AM

Wouldn’t surprise me at all.

4Grace on April 7, 2012 at 1:34 AM

Obama is a textbook example of a narcissist. This article was written before he was elected but it is so spot-on it’s almost like it was written as a script for Obama to follow.

It’s a long article but do try to read it all the way though.

Especially this part:

Thus, a narcissist who regards himself as the benefactor of the poor, a member of the common folk, the representative of the disenfranchised, the champion of the dispossessed against the corrupt elite – is highly unlikely to use violence at first.

The pacific mask crumbles when the narcissist has become convinced that the very people he purported to speak for, his constituency, his grassroots fans, the prime sources of his narcissistic supply – have turned against him. At first, in a desperate effort to maintain the fiction underlying his chaotic personality, the narcissist strives to explain away the sudden reversal of sentiment. “The people are being duped by (the media, big industry, the military, the elite, etc.)”, “they don’t really know what they are doing”, “following a rude awakening, they will revert to form”, etc.

When these flimsy attempts to patch a tattered personal mythology fail – the narcissist is injured. Narcissistic injury inevitably leads to narcissistic rage and to a terrifying display of unbridled aggression. The pent-up frustration and hurt translate into devaluation. That which was previously idealized – is now discarded with contempt and hatred.

This primitive defense mechanism is called “splitting”. To the narcissist, things and people are either entirely bad (evil) or entirely good. He projects onto others his own shortcomings and negative emotions, thus becoming a totally good object. A narcissistic leader is likely to justify the butchering of his own people by claiming that they intended to kill him, undo the revolution, devastate the economy, or the country, etc.

Emphasis mine.

Flora Duh on April 7, 2012 at 8:09 AM

Bmore on April 7, 2012 at 12:21 AM

Lights-off
floors-mopped
coffee pot- set up
alright looks like its ok to close up.
:-)

angrymike on April 7, 2012 at 4:12 AM

What no donuts?!!!!! Thats it! I’m leaving!!!

lisa fox on April 7, 2012 at 7:10 AM

Coffee’s brewing and now that Lisa’s gone, we can bring out the doughnuts, bagels and coffee cakes. Sheesh, I thought she’d never leave, lol.

Morning all! After some coffee and a bit of HA, it’s time to get some prep work done for tomorrow. Even though I’m agnostic, I like bunnies, chocolate eggs, ham and throwing a party, so it’s all good.

Fallon on April 7, 2012 at 8:38 AM

Marcus on April 7, 2012 at 7:44 AM

Oh good heavens. Is it at least the Gregory Peck version? Wait, clips or the whole thing?

Fallon on April 7, 2012 at 8:42 AM

Marcus on April 7, 2012 at 7:44 AM

Fallon on April 7, 2012 at 8:42 AM

Gregory Peck’s dramatic courtroom speech clips on racism.
Trayvon = Tom
Zimmerman = Ewell
You = racist

Marcus on April 7, 2012 at 9:35 AM

Yes. I’ve always thought that the QOTD naturally became an “open thread” after x o’clock. (Why shouldn’t it? Do they want nobody commenting after midnight?)

RedCrow on April 7, 2012 at 2:39 AM

Perhaps we can request an actual open thread “news of the day” or something, if the HA editors prefer the QOTD thread responses stay on topic.

So far, Obama’s second-term policy plans are more modest.

Yeah, right. That’s why they took the video down.

Please unmoderate Canopfor?

dogsoldier on April 7, 2012 at 9:47 AM

AP didn’t ban him, but put his posts in permanent moderation…
He had to email AP for forgiveness..

Electrongod on April 6, 2012 at 11:12 PM

Allow me to try to understand. Spammers like mountainaires and bluegill, and jerks like MJBrutus, KeninCT, and Gunlock Bill skate merrily along, but Canopfor is moderated? I just don’t get it.

AP, please lift the moderation. Thank you.

kingsjester on April 7, 2012 at 10:05 AM

AP, please lift the moderation. Thank you.

kingsjester on April 7, 2012 at 10:05 AM

AP did….that same night..
Canofpor posted one post saying “I’m back!”
Then left for the night…
I haven’t seen him since.

Electrongod on April 7, 2012 at 10:32 AM

Please let me preface this with the admission that I have no idea what I am talking about but wonder if canopfor might have afoul of this and HotAir would have been the entity out of compliance.

AP isn’t vindictive, there is a logical explanation that I am sure he discussed privately with canopfor. Now canopfor, please come back, we miss you.

Cindy Munford on April 7, 2012 at 10:39 AM

they only blame gop super pacs and no one else…anything to deflect from dear leader

cmsinaz on April 7, 2012 at 10:41 AM

AP did….that same night..
Canofpor posted one post saying “I’m back!”
Then left for the night…
I haven’t seen him since.

Electrongod on April 7, 2012 at 10:32 AM

darn it…hope all is well..

cmsinaz on April 7, 2012 at 10:42 AM

“Our system is designed to prevent big changes absent a broad consensus, which Obama has little hope of achieving with this approach. He will not get enough Democrats in Congress to replay 2009-2010, meaning that he will have to work with Republicans, the very people he is now villainizing.” – The Weekly Standard

Successful societal change comes about slowly and from within. I think there are enough examples through the millennia to prove the point, but not enough apparently for King Barack the Growth Slayer.
The GOP should keep that in mind too IF they beat the odds and depose the King.
Just a Thawt
~(Ä)~

Karl Magnus on April 7, 2012 at 10:49 AM

Canopfor, please come back. We miss you, buddy.

kingsjester on April 7, 2012 at 10:51 AM

Now that he has destroyed the economy, he is exploiting it and promoting even more vicous class warfare.

Isn’t that how most modern tyrants do it?

PattyJ on April 7, 2012 at 11:07 AM

great, u are a Squidbillie! now your politics make perfect sense

DBear on April 7, 2012 at 1:53 AM

Normally I might take offense to this. Since I had no idea wth you were referencing I had to look it up. Funny! Funniest thing you’ve ever said. LOL! HeIIfire little bear I might just have to invite you up to my neck of the woods. You’re a bear so you’d feel right at home. Two things though I should give you a heads up on for your visit. My caretaker Roy is partial to making jerky, still not quite sure what he uses the hides for. And ole Ned was never the same after his last visit. But you’re welcomed here anytime, I’ll let Roy know to expect you. Try to catch me when I’m actually on the thread next time. I almost missed your little gem of a comment.

Bmore on April 7, 2012 at 11:18 AM

kingsjester on April 7, 2012 at 10:05 AM

I really thought you got consulted on any proposed bans….shocker that I was wrong… /sarc

Quit sniveling

Bradky on April 7, 2012 at 12:07 PM

Bradky on April 7, 2012 at 12:07 PM

You must have missed my question to you the other day. Did you really vote for 0 last time round?

Bmore on April 7, 2012 at 12:15 PM

If our Dear Leader had two brain cells to rub together, he just might know something about “Structural Functionalism” …

The GOP should keep that in mind too IF they beat the odds and depose the King.
Just a Thawt
~(Ä)~

Karl Magnus on April 7, 2012 at 10:49 AM

His brain is so crammed with cod-Marxist B.S. that there’s no room left over for anything other than perverted and perverse false self-regard.

ebrown2 on April 7, 2012 at 12:26 PM

The most immature President since JFK.

pat on April 7, 2012 at 12:45 PM

Bmore on April 7, 2012 at 12:15 PM

I did not vote for Obama — have probably answered this question 200 times. Funny how some (not you necessarily) who posit themselves as the standard bearer for conservatism seem to think it is okay to demand a person tell someone who they voted for.
Almost like having a union having non-secret ballots.

But you have my answer.

Bradky on April 7, 2012 at 6:12 PM

But you have my answer.

Bradky on April 7, 2012 at 6:12 PM

I figured it was a prank, cause you don’t seem like the kinda guy that would have done that. Someone must just be pranking you. Sorry, but I really wanted to clarify. I didn’t mean anything by it. Thanks.

Bmore on April 7, 2012 at 6:41 PM

P.S. I think they are pranking MJBrutus also.

Bmore on April 7, 2012 at 6:42 PM