Ann Romney adds warmth to the Romney campaign in new web ad

posted at 6:21 pm on April 6, 2012 by Tina Korbe

Whoever had the idea to utilize Ann Romney more on the campaign trail deserves to be richly rewarded. It might be obvious that her sudden visibility is aimed partly to bridge Mitt’s gender gap, but she really does bring their family alive in a way Mitt just hasn’t yet. In this web video, she does it as explicitly as can be — and it still works:

Warmth, the ability to connect on a personal level, an ability to tell stories and not just solve problems: Ann has the traits that Mitt so conspicuously lacks on the campaign trail. More insight into her does help to explain his success up to this point. I’d venture to guess he’d say he couldn’t have made it to where he is today without her — and that that would be true.

Like the news of Bella Santorum’s hospitalization, Ann Romney’s wistful remembrances of her sons’ childhood remind me of the inexorability of time. I can think of quite a few moms who would say just what Ann says at the start of the video.

“Even then you knew that these moments would be fleeting, but you didn’t really believe it because you were so in the moment of living with those boys,” she said. “It was pretty chaotic, and a lot of fun, but they were great times.”

Better use today well because tomorrow will be here before we know it!

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Miss-chee-vee-us?

All the personal stories in the world won’t change Mitt’s record.

Stoic Patriot on April 6, 2012 at 6:26 PM

So is Ed the only person allowed to put up a good friday post ?

sadsushi on April 6, 2012 at 6:26 PM

Romney campaign needs to put more of this stuff out. Liberals want to paint the man as richie rich who cares less and isn’t human.

rubberneck on April 6, 2012 at 6:26 PM

Romney, demonstrate yourself as an opposite of Obama by not delving into things that aren’t related to the issues and stay strictly on task. No commercials with relatives in them – that sounds like something Obama would do.

The Nerve on April 6, 2012 at 6:26 PM

The Nerve on April 6, 2012 at 6:26 PM

The difference is that the Romney campaign isn’t calling his family racist and throwing them under the bus.

Dead Hand Control on April 6, 2012 at 6:29 PM

Romney would be wise to put his wife front and center if she wishes to do so.

Philly on April 6, 2012 at 6:30 PM

PANDERING — liberal4life

Schadenfreude on April 6, 2012 at 6:31 PM

Thumbs up!!..Nice ad!!

Dire Straits on April 6, 2012 at 6:31 PM

Mmmmmm. Dat one handsome woman. Count your blessing, Mitt. And win.

smellthecoffee on April 6, 2012 at 6:31 PM

I like it…

… I really like it.

Compared to that thing in the White House…

THIS is “Winner… Winner… Chicken Dinner!”

It makes what Obomwa did today with the “War on Women” look like he has Easter egg all over his face…

… And this is from a Newt supporter.

Seven Percent Solution on April 6, 2012 at 6:32 PM

Ann, why has your husband declared war on women?

Liberal4Life

JPeterman on April 6, 2012 at 6:33 PM

Very nice personal ad.

Ann seems like a nice person.

portlandon on April 6, 2012 at 6:34 PM

THIS is “Winner… Winner… Chicken Dinner!”
Seven Percent Solution on April 6, 2012 at 6:32 PM

+ 100 for the 21 reference..:)

Dire Straits on April 6, 2012 at 6:35 PM

I dunno… I think I’m the target audience for an ad like this and it seemed just okay. It didn’t move me like it should’ve and I like really Ann Romney.

Fallon on April 6, 2012 at 6:37 PM

It’s five o’clock somewhere, apparently. Let me try that again:

…and I really like Ann Romney.

Fallon on April 6, 2012 at 6:38 PM

War on women.

davidk on April 6, 2012 at 6:39 PM

FLOTUS in 2013!

cicerone on April 6, 2012 at 6:39 PM

Why are all of their kids white?

Rusty Allen on April 6, 2012 at 6:40 PM

Nope. These people won’t do.

Fetch us a conservative, thank you.

Scribbler on April 6, 2012 at 6:40 PM

I luv Ann Romney, but I don’t think this particular ad is the best way to showcase Mitt. Talking about “pranks” just doesn’t do it for me. Last week we heard from Karen Santorum talking about how Rick was the best tickler and pancake-maker. My response was, eh. Will voters choose their prez based on who’s the best tickler and pancake maker?

I prefer it when Ann talks about Mitt’s leadership in times of crisis, as a father, husband, CEO, et cetera.

Buy Danish on April 6, 2012 at 6:40 PM

An amazing woman. Surviving cancer and multiple sclerosis and still having the energy to campaign. Simply amazing.

crosspatch on April 6, 2012 at 6:42 PM

Okay, I’ll be the odd man out here. I find this type of ad tedious. So will the ladies kindly explain to me if it works. Guys can weigh in to obviously. I am going out to watch the moon rise its 98.98 % full and should be beautiful. I’ll check back. Promise.

Bmore on April 6, 2012 at 6:43 PM

Buy Danish on April 6, 2012 at 6:40 PM
This was not an ad it’s a clip that Craig Romney sent in a happy Easter email.
“On behalf of my dad and our family, we wish you and your loved ones a happy Easter.

We’re looking forward to spending the holiday weekend together with my mom and dad. They’ve been on the trail almost nonstop since Christmas, so this will be a well-deserved break.

My mom put together a video talking about her “six boys.” There’s some pretty incriminating footage of me and my brothers, so it’s worth a watch”

“Have a great weekend,”
Craig Romney

Rusty Allen on April 6, 2012 at 6:44 PM

It’s already started … they’ve recognized that Willard is a stiff and always will be – so they’re ordering up some “charismatic octane” from a surrogate …

His wife.

Good Grief – this is going to be a bloodletting.

HondaV65 on April 6, 2012 at 6:44 PM

Buy Danish on April 6, 2012 at 6:40 PM

Well he hasn’t been a CEO in a lifetime so I doubt she remembers much of it.

HondaV65 on April 6, 2012 at 6:45 PM

Tina could have said where the video came from instead this turning into a discussion about target audiences and depth. It was a freaking email with their family for Easter.

Rusty Allen on April 6, 2012 at 6:45 PM

I believe Willard is a wonderful candidate, HondaV65. The best since Reagan, hands down.

crosspatch on April 6, 2012 at 6:46 PM

Mmmmmm. Dat one handsome woman. Count your blessing, Mitt. And win.

smellthecoffee on April 6, 2012 at 6:31 PM

And hope she doesn’t give out more private information. A real flaccid thing to do.

The Nerve on April 6, 2012 at 6:48 PM

Why have none of her elitist kids served in the military?

Jayrae on April 6, 2012 at 6:49 PM

crosspatch on April 6, 2012 at 6:46 PM

Yes, I can tell from your “enthusiasm”. ;)

Sad thing is … by the time the convention rolls around he’ll be so far behind that he’ll HAVE to pick a charismatic running mate.

Then we’ll get a repeat of 2007 when Palin drew 10 times the crowds the leader of the ticket did.

I guess someone told the establishment that the key to success is to repeat failures … verbatim.

LOL

HondaV65 on April 6, 2012 at 6:49 PM

So is Ed the only person allowed to put up a good friday post ?

sadsushi on April 6, 2012 at 6:26 PM

Todd and I would like to wish our friends in the Jewish community a Happy Passover. Tonight Jewish families throughout the world will gather and ask, “Why is this night different from all other nights?” We can all reflect on the courage and faith inherent in the Exodus story and know that the Almighty hears the cries of those who suffer and leads them to freedom. Chag Sameach!

- Sarah Palin

davidk on April 6, 2012 at 6:49 PM

a touching story from the etch-a-sketch express. book your tickets now for a ride to electoral DOOM.

newrouter on April 6, 2012 at 6:50 PM

After watching that video…

compare and contrast.

Seven Percent Solution on April 6, 2012 at 6:50 PM

This reminds me of Libby Dole trying to give Bob Dole a personality transplant. It failed by the way. Is there anyone capable of donating a personality to Mittens?

Gladtobehere on April 6, 2012 at 6:50 PM

This nice enough, if a bit contrived. She sounds just like my sisters and I reminiscing and wishing we could relive the days when our children were younger.

MustLoveBlogs on April 6, 2012 at 6:50 PM

Rusty Allen on April 6, 2012 at 6:44 PM

Ah, okay. I need to check my email.

That being said, if it’s for Easter I’d do it differently too. Pranks and Easter don’t really mesh for me.

Buy Danish on April 6, 2012 at 6:51 PM

Why are all of their kids white?

Rusty Allen on April 6, 2012 at 6:40 PM

Priceless!

bobs1196 on April 6, 2012 at 6:51 PM

Why are all of their kids white?

Rusty Allen on April 6, 2012 at 6:40 PM

ROTFLMAO! Close the thread, that one’s the winner!

LiquidH2O on April 6, 2012 at 6:52 PM

Seven Percent Solution on April 6, 2012 at 6:50 PM

LoLz..Good one 7%..I’ll take Ann Romney!!..:)

Dire Straits on April 6, 2012 at 6:53 PM

Perhaps we should nominate Ann for POTUS.

NY Conservative on April 6, 2012 at 6:53 PM

Why have none of her elitist kids served in the military?

Jayrae on April 6, 2012 at 6:49 PM

They’re serving their country by helping their dad run for President. I think that is almost a direct quote from Willard – seriously.

But – that’s not all … NO ONE in Willard’s ancestry has ever served the United States in Uniform. I maintain that some of his ancestors served in the territorial militia for Brigham Young’s iron-fisted theocracy in Utah, the same militia he had prepared to send to war against the U.S.

But no – although Obama can point to an uncle who was apparently at D-Day … Mittens can’t point to a single ancestor or descendant who’s served this nation in uniform.

Oh – and also – this stellar candidate also got several “deferrals” from Vietnam – at least two of which were so he could go to France and witness the “gospel” of Mormonism to the French …

While his classmates from high school shed their blood in the jungle in Vietnam.

Oh – call me names … go ahead … what a di** I am for pointing out the facts!

THREE CHEERS FOR OUR PRESTIGIOUS NOMINEE FOR COMMANDER IN CHIEF!!

yay?

HondaV65 on April 6, 2012 at 6:55 PM

After watching that video…

… compare and contrast.

Seven Percent Solution on April 6, 2012 at 6:50 PM

It’s late here and I wasn’t going to comment but THAT WAS FUNNY!

+100

g2825m on April 6, 2012 at 6:56 PM

Why have none of her elitist kids served in the military?

Jayrae on April 6, 2012 at 6:49 PM

Because they didn’t enlist in the all-volunteer military?

I’m certainly not a Romney fan, but the implications of your comment is unwarranted.

davidk on April 6, 2012 at 6:57 PM

I really like Ann Romney.
I don’t think either one of them acts rich or snooty.

Just can’t imagine Ann as First Lady flitting around the world vacationing on taxpayer’s dime like Michelle.
The Obamas really seem to get their jollies by hanging with rich celebrities and living as large as possible.

The Romneys who are mega rich act much more down to earth than Barry and Michelle.

bailey24 on April 6, 2012 at 6:58 PM

Bmore on April 6, 2012 at 6:43 PM

Like I said, it didn’t do anything for me and I have four kids in their twenties. And yes, I’d do anything to visit the past and have them little again. It just didn’t change my mind about Mitt. I don’t buy the fun-loving, merry prankster Mitt, though I do not doubt they have a very loving family.

Fallon on April 6, 2012 at 6:59 PM

HondaV65 on April 6, 2012 at 6:55 PM

Your concerns, however, are valid.

davidk on April 6, 2012 at 6:59 PM

“Tina could have said where the video came from instead this turning into a discussion about target audiences and depth.”

You expected something different? She even managed to get a mention of Santorum in there (actual point of the post). She’s the consummate concern troll, too.

I look her posts as sort of Obama campaign donations.

crosspatch on April 6, 2012 at 6:59 PM

So many Mitt haters.
Enjoy Barry Soetoro for 4.5 more years.
I can’t wait to see what the white-Negr* does when he can stop campaigning & REALLY destroy America!

Metal Head on April 6, 2012 at 7:00 PM

Why have none of her elitist kids served in the military?

Jayrae on April 6, 2012 at 6:49 PM

Because they didn’t enlist in the all-volunteer military?

davidk on April 6, 2012 at 6:57 PM

As someone who is currently serving overseas…times have changed from the days of WWII and Vietnam and the military only represents about 1% of the population. We, in the military, do not begrudge Romney, his sons, nor anyone else that DOES NOT serve. There are other ways to serve our country.

So those of you who continually bring this up, from a military person, this “attack” does not have the effect YOU THINK it does.

g2825m on April 6, 2012 at 7:02 PM

Bmore on April 6, 2012 at 6:43 PM

You a stargazer? I am. Have an 11 inch Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope (CPC 1100 XLT w/ Goto technology) that really brings the moon closer, but when it’s full like it is right now it’s blinding even with filters in place and it kills your viewing of galaxies and such.

When the moons at half or less it’s phenomenal and you can see craters insides of craters inside of craters.

SauerKraut537 on April 6, 2012 at 7:04 PM

Well he hasn’t been a CEO in a lifetime so I doubt she remembers much of it.
HondaV65 on April 6, 2012 at 6:45 PM

Riiiight. You really need to improve your talking points unless you don’t care that people think you’re incredibly tedious.

HondaV65 on April 6, 2012 at 6:55 PM

Remind me again: Did Santorum, Gingrich, Palin, or Obama serve in the military? Nope, all you have is Palin’s son. Which is great but it’s not enough to say she should be in the W.H. but not Romney.

Buy Danish on April 6, 2012 at 7:04 PM

Because they didn’t enlist in the all-volunteer military?

davidk on April 6, 2012 at 6:57 PM

So none of them desired to serve this nation in uniform? Five sons? None wanted to serve?

My Dad had four sons – I served.

His dad had four sons – one served.

I mean hell – I can go back through my ancestry and find many who served, my uncle died in Germany in 1944.

But Willard doesn’t have a single ancestor who’s ever served.

And guess what – Obama BEATS HIM there too because Obama had an uncle in the Army in WWII.

LOL

HondaV65 on April 6, 2012 at 7:05 PM

Apparently you don’t read much. The polling has Romney doing better as time goes by, not worse.

The latest Rasmussen tracking poll has Romney in a dead heat with Obama nationally and the only one who has been doing any national campaigning so far is Obama.

Rasmussen has Santorum trailing Obama by 6 points.

It is Santorum who is falling farther behind and Romney whose support is increasing. But you knew that already and were simply trying to influence people’s perceptions by plastering the walls with bull.

crosspatch on April 6, 2012 at 7:05 PM

Why are all of their kids white?

Rusty Allen on April 6, 2012 at 6:40 PM

Mitt’s dad was half Hispanic, so I believe that makes them White Hispanics, according to the NY Times.

Philly on April 6, 2012 at 7:07 PM

HondaV65 on April 6, 2012 at 6:55 PM

Buy Danish on April 6, 2012 at 7:04 PM

To your first assertion … okay Mr. Rocket Scientist – you tell US when he quit being a CEO – it was quite awhile ago. Only thing this arsehole has done since 2006 is run for President – he hasn’t created a single job in the private sector.

Ouch – there’s that TRUTH again – butting you right between the eyes … I know it hurts bro but it continues until Willard is defeated in November.

To your second point … Palin’s son served in the Army. Perry served – as a pilot in something.

But see here – once again – you defend Willard NOT by pointing out his good points – but by drawing attention to the fact that no one is really better than him. This is an uninspiring message and the reason that Obama will kick Willard’s ass nine ways from Sunday in November.

HondaV65 on April 6, 2012 at 7:09 PM

HondaV65 on April 6, 2012 at 7:05 PM

Who cares if Mitt and his sons didn’t serve? Is that a requirement for office?

SauerKraut537 on April 6, 2012 at 7:09 PM

Rasmussen has Santorum trailing Obama by 6 points.

crosspatch on April 6, 2012 at 7:05 PM

You quote ONE POLL and ignore the fact that Obama’s numbers are rising.

And again – you can’t point to any reason to vote for Willard – only reasons to NOT vote for someone else.

Prepare to have your ass boarded by Obama and Biden in November – with Debbie Downer Washermain Shelf brandishing a cutlass in one hand and Willard’s head in another.

HondaV65 on April 6, 2012 at 7:12 PM

HondaV65 on April 6, 2012 at 7:05 PM

Remind me again…you’re a conservative or a liberal because I cannot tell by your line of postings?

Is this liberal4life?

g2825m on April 6, 2012 at 7:13 PM

Who cares if Mitt and his sons didn’t serve? Is that a requirement for office?

SauerKraut537 on April 6, 2012 at 7:09 PM

Common sense isn’t a requirement for office either – your point?

My point is – the Willard family – from the time they set foot in this nation have had a prejudice against serving in the military.

Not a single Romney ever has.

Is this just a “coincidence”? I don’t know – maybe this is standard fare for you yankees – but down South you can’t swing a dead cat without hitting an ancestor or a son who wore the uniform.

HondaV65 on April 6, 2012 at 7:14 PM

HondaV65 on April 6, 2012 at 7:12 PM

Get over it Honda… Your candidate lost… Quit puking all over everyone with your inane comments.

SauerKraut537 on April 6, 2012 at 7:15 PM

Is this liberal4life?

g2825m on April 6, 2012 at 7:13 PM

More of a anti-abortion libertarian.

Conservatives are people who have strong principles but elect leaders with weak ones.

HondaV65 on April 6, 2012 at 7:16 PM

SauerKraut537 on April 6, 2012 at 7:15 PM

My candidate is OBAMA – and sure, he’ll destroy this nation (but no worse than Willard would) … and, at least I’ll get the satisfaction of watching him obliterate another McDole in November (Willard).

HondaV65 on April 6, 2012 at 7:17 PM

Who cares if Mitt and his sons didn’t serve? Is that a requirement for office?

SauerKraut537 on April 6, 2012 at 7:09 PM

Common sense isn’t a requirement for office either – your point?

Not a single Romney ever has.

HondaV65 on April 6, 2012 at 7:14 PM

Again…Honda, as someone who is CURRENTLY serving NO ONE cares in the military that over 99% of Americans have not served in the military. You think this is some BIG issue and it is not amongst us. Besides Romney has been THE ONLY ONE talking of expanding and taking care of the military members just as he did in MA.

This article was about Ann anyway…

g2825m on April 6, 2012 at 7:18 PM

You have a strong whiff of REMF.

CorporatePiggy on April 6, 2012 at 7:18 PM

^^^ @ Honda

CorporatePiggy on April 6, 2012 at 7:18 PM

HondaV65 on April 6, 2012 at 7:14 PM

I live in Texas and my family has been here since the 1860′s when my German ancestors settled in south Texas… My dad was the youngest of 10, and a twin, and 3 of them were in the Air Force and became doctors.

It doesn’t MATTER if someone’s been in the military as regards their RIGHT or ABILITY to run for or hold office.

He was a sort of general in that he eventually ran a successful company, then made the Salt Lake games a success, then was successful as he COULD be while Governor of Mass…

Pretty much all that he’s touched has turned to gold, of course he’s not perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but he’s a sight better than all the other ones running and I think he’ll be an excellent President as well.

As I said a second ago, quit puking all over everyone to show your displeasure that your candidate, whoever that may be (is it Obama?), isn’t doing as well as Romney is.

SauerKraut537 on April 6, 2012 at 7:21 PM

Ann seems like a really nice lady and a serious asset.

boogaleesnots on April 6, 2012 at 7:21 PM

Bmore on April 6, 2012 at 6:43 PM

Where do you live that it’s dark enough to watch the moon rise right now? It’s broad daylight here in Georgia.

HondaV65 on April 6, 2012 at 7:05 PM

How far back do you want to go? Mitt has ancestors who fought in the American Revolution.

HondaV65 on April 6, 2012 at 7:09 PM

Really? Oh, and since 2006 he’s been going around the country helping great GOP candidates get elected. And running. So what? What has Santorum done? Palin? Gingrich? This is a truly childish game you’re playing.

Buy Danish on April 6, 2012 at 7:22 PM

This article was about Ann anyway…

g2825m on April 6, 2012 at 7:18 PM

I don’t think it’s a big issue – but it IS an issue. It’s important to me that I know the CINC has the best interests of the military at heart when he takes office.

Based on the track record of Willard McDole’s family – well, there is no track record as not a single Willard has ever served the nation from the beginning of this universe.

Sure – 99% of the people living haven’t served – but how many of them have ancestors or kids who DID?

Not Willard.

HondaV65 on April 6, 2012 at 7:22 PM

HondaV65 on April 6, 2012 at 7:17 PM

Unless and until you can see into the future, shut the hell up would you?

Quit being an annoying $rick.

SauerKraut537 on April 6, 2012 at 7:23 PM

HondaV65 on April 6, 2012 at 7:17 PM

Another idiot who’s voting for Obama. They are crawling out of the woodwork like termites.

JPeterman on April 6, 2012 at 7:25 PM

Buy Danish on April 6, 2012 at 7:22 PM

Again – you can only defend Romney by attacking others – a losing paradigm in November – boy I hope you enjoy this whipping you guys are about to take!

Also – thanks for pointing out that the only “jobs” Willard McDole has created since 2006 were jobs for GOP establishment candidates.

Your memory is also very selective – since Palin went all over this country speaking out for candidates and usually endorsing them before Willard did. Palin’s “Target Map” – the one she used to target Dims for removal of office and replacement by Republicans – was even wrongly blamed for a congresswoman’s shooting.

And she was KILLED in the media over that and “Mr. Brave” – Mr. Willard McDole said absolutely nothing.

Man the truth is knockin you senseless today – have an aspirin. :D

HondaV65 on April 6, 2012 at 7:27 PM

Good nite all!

Bmore is right that the moon tonight is EXTREMELY bright in the Hindu Kush…messes with the NVG’s…actually almost don’t need them.

g2825m on April 6, 2012 at 7:28 PM

Why are all of their kids white?

Rusty Allen on April 6, 2012 at 6:40 PM

Lol. And I do like the name Rusty.

Priscilla on April 6, 2012 at 7:28 PM

JPeterman on April 6, 2012 at 7:25 PM

Yeah, I was just in the “woodwork” with them and there’s a lot more behind me – they’ll be coming out in November. ;)

HondaV65 on April 6, 2012 at 7:28 PM

Unless and until you can see into the future, shut the hell up would you?

Quit being an annoying $rick.

SauerKraut537 on April 6, 2012 at 7:23 PM

I know the truth is unpleasant to your ears – but unless the ban hammer falls, rest assured – i will be here to deliver it to you in volume.

HondaV65 on April 6, 2012 at 7:29 PM

His wife.

Good Grief – this is going to be a bloodletting.

HondaV65 on April 6, 2012 at 6:44 PM

To paraphrase Hunter S. Thompson from a similar context, “It’s like sending a three-toed sloth to take territory from a wolverine.”

ebrown2 on April 6, 2012 at 7:35 PM

Great ad..and to all of you GOP right wing haters…I hope you end up with your Obama for 4 more years when he’s isn’t running for office. Unleashed.

I don’t worry, because I can leave the country. You will be stuck..have fun right wingers!

Redford on April 6, 2012 at 7:35 PM

HondaV65 on April 6, 2012 at 7:29 PM

………..

What is your major malfunction “warrior”?

YOUR truth isn’t my truth my friend and so what you’re saying isn’t unpleasant at all. I’m laughing at it because of the inanity of it all. LOL!

You can scream it from the highest rooftops but it doesn’t make it any more true or real… It’s only the ramblings of a nut.

SauerKraut537 on April 6, 2012 at 7:36 PM

Buy Danish on April 6, 2012 at 7:04 PM

To your first assertion … okay Mrs. Rocket Scientist – you tell US when he quit being a CEO – it was quite awhile ago. Only thing this arsehole has done since 2006 is run for President – he hasn’t created a single job in the private sector.

HondaV65 on April 6, 2012 at 7:09 PM

If you want Prune Danish to fig out just says something nice about Palin and watch her jealousy erupt into a rant.

Pruney is a female.

SparkPlug on April 6, 2012 at 7:38 PM

Gladtobehere on April 6, 2012 at 6:50 PM

Roseanne Barr offered up one of her spare ones, but it was too sane and sensible for Mitt.

ebrown2 on April 6, 2012 at 7:38 PM

So glad HondaV65 has identified himself as an Obama troll. It’s only taken him, what, 4 years?

Buy Danish on April 6, 2012 at 7:39 PM

Redford on April 6, 2012 at 7:35 PM

And the charm offensive continues…

ebrown2 on April 6, 2012 at 7:40 PM

Buy Danish on April 6, 2012 at 7:22 PM

Man the truth is knockin you senseless today – have an aspirin. :D

HondaV65 on April 6, 2012 at 7:27 PM

Willard McDole hid in his hole.

SparkPlug on April 6, 2012 at 7:40 PM

And the charm offensive continues…

ebrown2 on April 6, 2012 at 7:40 PM

It’s tough to compete with Honda the loon, you, JayRae and Sparky. Hope I didn’t leave anyone out.

Buy Danish on April 6, 2012 at 7:45 PM

And the charm offensive continues…

ebrown2 on April 6, 2012 at 7:40 PM

And the consistently negative campaign continues… People like you have lost your minds and your judgment is clouded by your pride.

Get over it, your candidate lost the primaries, quit puking all over the party.

SauerKraut537 on April 6, 2012 at 7:45 PM

Buy Danish on April 6, 2012 at 7:22 PM

Man the truth is knockin you senseless today – have an aspirin. :D

HondaV65 on April 6, 2012 at 7:27 PM

Willard McDole hid in his hole.

SparkPlug on April 6, 2012 at 7:40 PM

Actually, Mittens was worse than that, since before the 2008 election was even over:

ROMNEY ANTI-PALIN
Former Mitt Romney presidential campaign staffers, some of whom are currently working for Sen. John McCain and Gov. Sarah Palin’s bid for the White House, have been involved in spreading anti-Palin spin to reporters, seeking to diminish her standing after the election. “Sarah Palin is a lightweight, she won’t be the first, not even the third, person people will think of when it comes to 2012,” says one former Romney aide, now working for McCain-Palin. “The only serious candidate ready to challenge to lead the Republican Party is Mitt Romney. He’s in charge on November 5th.”

Romney has kept a low profile nationally since being denied the vice presidential nomination. He is currently traveling for the National Republican Congressional Committee in support of some House members, and has attended events for a handful of other House members who have sought his support, but he has traveled little for the McCain-Palin ticket. “He said the only time he’d travel for us is if we assured him that national cameras would be there,” says a McCain campaign communications aide. “He’s traveled to Nevada and a couple other states for us. That’s about it.”

Should McCain-Palin not win next week, Romney is expected to mount another presidential run, though it isn’t clear that he has handled himself particularly well since losing the nomination. He failed to support or espouse conservative positions on the economic bailout bill in an effective or meaningful way, and he has turned down opportunities to endorse and work for conservative candidates in House or Senate seats unless they were assured of winning.

The most glaring oversight was Romney’s refusal to do a phone recording for Massachusetts Republican Jeff Beatty, who is challenging Sen. John Kerry. “Mitt supposedly cares about Massachusetts, but won’t even return phone calls asking for help,” says a conservative working for Beatty in Boston. “It’s a tough race, but the least he could do is help. He’s showing his true colors.”

Some former Romney aides were behind the recent leaks to media, including CNN, that Governor Sarah Palin was a “diva” and was going off message intentionally. The former and current Romney supporters further are pushing Romney supporters for key Republican jobs, including head of the Republican National Committee.

ebrown2 on April 6, 2012 at 7:47 PM

Is this liberal4life?

g2825m on April 6, 2012 at 7:13 PM

…no one is as dumb as lobotomy4life…no one is a bigger be-yotch than the car! Don’t confuse the two! One is missing brain cells…the other one a personality.
Imagine waking up to ‘that one’ everyday! How would you like to start your day…with have a bad day!

KOOLAID2 on April 6, 2012 at 7:48 PM

stepford wife

liberal4life on April 6, 2012 at 7:49 PM

Fallon on April 6, 2012 at 6:37 PM

I think I would be considered part of the target audience, and I quite liked it. I like her. And I’m not really a Mitt supporter (am definitely an ABO supporter, to be clear).

tdpwells on April 6, 2012 at 7:49 PM

It must be tough growing up in million dollar mansions

liberal4life on April 6, 2012 at 7:50 PM

And the charm offensive continues…

ebrown2 on April 6, 2012 at 7:40 PM

Buy Danish on April 6, 2012 at 7:45 PM

Don’t worry, there won’t be any schadenfreude coming from this corner come November other than stating the obvious “I told you so.” The re-election of Obama due to the fact that you pushed a known chronic political incompetent and backstabber to the nomination will be a depressing enough prospect, thank you.

ebrown2 on April 6, 2012 at 7:51 PM

HondaV65 on April 6, 2012 at 7:17 PM

What a phag. And your bike’s ghey, too.

M240H on April 6, 2012 at 7:51 PM

M240H on April 6, 2012 at 7:51 PM

phag? pretty, handsome and ghey?

SauerKraut537 on April 6, 2012 at 7:54 PM

SauerKraut537 on April 6, 2012 at 7:15 PM

HondaV65 on April 6, 2012 at 7:17 PM

So, Honda, you’d “get satisfaction” from watching the country destroyed because Mitt’s family doesn’t have a member in the military?

You seem to be yet another ‘fluke.’

More of a anti-abortion libertarian.

HondaV65 on April 6, 2012 at 7:16 PM

Oh boy.

You say you’re a(n) anti-abortion libertarian, and yet “your guy” is Obama?

Har-har-har-de-har-har (in the immortal tone of Gleason)

jersey taxpayer on April 6, 2012 at 7:54 PM

And the charm offensive continues…

ebrown2 on April 6, 2012 at 7:40 PM

Get over it, your candidate lost the primaries, quit puking all over the party.

SauerKraut537 on April 6, 2012 at 7:45 PM

No, the country lost. I long ago gave up hope in an electoral solution to America’s looming crises, and your foolish trust in a lightweight like Mitt only confirms it.

As for “losing minds,” I’m not the one rewriting history to make Reagan a Rockefeller Republican and minimizing the Giffords backlash, to name two Orwellian idiocies peddled by Mittbots here at HA.

ebrown2 on April 6, 2012 at 7:55 PM

ebrown2 on April 6, 2012 at 7:51 PM

Save that one Buy Danish! ;-)

SauerKraut537 on April 6, 2012 at 7:55 PM

Buy Danish on April 6, 2012 at 6:40 PM

Not to be disputatious, but I disagree, ma’am. I think they rolled out this add to make a dent in the so-called women-deficit that some of the bogus polls showed last week. Honda and the rest of the miscreants notwithstanding, I believe Ann Romney may well be a very potent weapon versus The Chicago Jesus and their thugocracy.

They can’t touch her (or so you would think) because of her MS and imagine how her graciousness and soft tone will stack up against the grasping and clawing, hard-edged selfishness of The Mooch?

The War Planner on April 6, 2012 at 7:56 PM

g2825m on April 6, 2012 at 7:28 PM

My family thanks you for your service, your points of view here and your posts.

jersey taxpayer on April 6, 2012 at 7:57 PM