Video of Howard Dean: “The Republican Party is Gay-bashing, Muslim-bashing, Latino-bashing, immigrant-bashing, women-bashing every day”

posted at 1:16 pm on April 5, 2012 by Tina Korbe

Howard Dean has at it (h/t Greg Hengler):

Wow. How to respond? First, give me a moment to overcome my shock and disappointment. No matter how many times it happens, I’m always astonished when somebody essentially calls me a hater. Howard Dean doesn’t know who I am, but that’s basically what he just did. Because I maintain that marriage is between one man and one woman, because I believe radical Muslims have an anti-America agenda, because I’m not in favor of amnesty for illegal immigrants, because I don’t want to pay for Sandra Fluke’s contraception, I’m bashing gays, Muslims, Latinos, immigrants and, er, women?

Allow me to submit, Mr. Dean, that the opposite of love is not hate; it is use. Those who hate me at least recognize me as human, a force with which to be reckoned, a legitimate source of ideas. Those who use me consider me nothing more than a means to an end. Those who use me dehumanize me. Does the Democratic Party really love gays, Muslims, Latinos, immigrants and women in the sense of wanting what’s best for them? Or do they just use ‘em for their votes? I’m really asking, Mr. Former DNC Chairman.

Occasionally, Democrats give me the distinct impression that their positions on, say, gay marriage or immigration are based more on the desire to win votes than cohesive principles. It’s suspicious, for example, that the president’s official position is against gay marriage but “evolving.” It’s almost as though he’s just waiting for an overwhelming majority of Americans to be in favor of gay marriage before he switches his position. Reducing gays, Muslims, Latinos, immigrants and women to their concerns over gay-specific, Muslim-specific, Latino-specific, immigrant-specific and women-specific positions reduces them to something less than a whole, entire, complex person. But no person is reducible to the tiniest sliver of himself — his sexuality, his religion, his ethnicity, his immigrant status, his gender. We all care — broadly — about human flourishing. That’s what Republicans want — a prosperous, flourishing, fully human society. That’s what Paul Ryan’s plan sets out to achieve by reforming the social safety net, so, come the 2030s, we still have a social safety net. Why do the Democrats want it to disappear?

While I cannot speak for gays, Muslims, Latinos or immigrants, I can say that, as a woman, I have found the Democratic Party’s approach to my vote far less loving and far more insulting than the Republican Party’s approach to that vote. While Democrats reduce me to nothing more than my sexuality and assume that I cannot even pay for my own birth control, Republicans appeal to me as a whole person, to my ability to take personal responsibility for myself, to work hard, to reap the benefits of my labors and to voluntarily share those benefits with whose who truly aren’t able to be responsible for themselves. The Republican approach to my vote is profoundly empowering, even if it’s also demanding. How it it anything less than loving of me to wish for everyone — gays, Muslim, Latinos, immigrants, women and men alike — to experience that same feeling of empowerment?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Give me a break.

Our ‘pundits’ and most of our ‘public servants’ bend over backwards to appease militant homosexuals and feminists.

Bush started the whole ‘you better be nice to people of the Religion of Peace or else’ crap. He also tried to force amnesty down our throats.

And just yesterday, I read several articles about the brilliant Marco Rubio shilling for amnesty. I even saw a fair number of ‘conservatives’ supporting his idiocy in various blog entries and comment sections.

Howard Dean is a flipping idiot.

avgjo on April 5, 2012 at 2:44 PM

l4l hijacks every thread. Every one.

John the Libertarian on April 5, 2012 at 2:08 PM

She may see that as her “job”, or at least “life”.

Personally, I think every time she puts up a new comment we should ask her if she was raped when she went to the ob/gyn for her yearly scheduled exam.

So what if she tries to hijack the threads. She doesn’t really deflect the articles nor does she truly deflect the discussions. She and her friends just add levity.

Of course, we’re not laughing with them.

Sad really. Doesn’t make me feel good though.

Logus on April 5, 2012 at 2:33 PM

A thread cannot be hijacked without the willing participation of all the posters that respond.

slickwillie2001 on April 5, 2012 at 2:44 PM

But the problem there is that you are a proven liar and bigot who supports and endorses murdering Republicans to get your way.

northdallasthirty on April 5, 2012 at 2:39 PM

?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?

DBear on April 5, 2012 at 2:45 PM

DBear on April 5, 2012 at 2:35 PM

I suggest you follow Michelle Malkin for a week on Twitter. You’ll see the racism and misogyny of the left.

Also, isn’t Treyvon Martin the guy who was killed by a Democrat?

gwelf on April 5, 2012 at 2:46 PM

Can we tweet out Howard’s home address?

jukin3 on April 5, 2012 at 2:47 PM

Murderer.

NoFanofLibs on April 5, 2012 at 2:47 PM

Also, isn’t Treyvon Martin the guy who was killed by a Democrat?

gwelf on April 5, 2012 at 2:46 PM

So if Zimmerman were a real racist he would be a republican? I am so glad you are confirming the GOP is the party of racists

DBear on April 5, 2012 at 2:49 PM

DBear on April 5, 2012 at 2:42 PM

Painless for who? Scientific evidence indicates that unborn children can feel pain in some parts of their bodies as early as 7 weeks and can feel pain throughout their bodies by 13-14 weeks. Why do you like hurting babies?

Trafalgar on April 5, 2012 at 2:50 PM

Poor old guy. He’s just cranky they’re serving smashed peas for supper at the home again. He’ll be himself again once he gets his mid-morning nap.

RMOccidental on April 5, 2012 at 2:52 PM

DBear…You remind me of a large ox I saw at Williamsburg, VA a few years ago. This unfortunate ox had, at the time, projectile diarrhea. The ox backed up to a fence, raised its tail and proceeded to spray the fence, grass and other animals with watery bovine fecal matter. Your arguments are like this bull’s loose stool. If I fire enough bull sh_t at them they’ll give up. The “you’re all a bunch of haters” meme is like the diarrhea on the fence today. It dried up and nobody even knows or cares that it was there.

sdd on April 5, 2012 at 2:52 PM

you are right, I don’t care about pregnancies that are stopped painlessly in the 1st or 2nd trimester. It’s a woman’s right to decide whether to have the child or not. I care for the citizens who are actually BORN! whereas you care only for fetuses and don’t give a damn about the welfare of those actually BORN especially the poor!
DBear on April 5, 2012 at 2:42 PM

The Democrats have been waging a war on poverty for over 50 years now? How’s that worked out – especially for the black family? Exactly how much money a year needs to be spent by the federal government to “solve” this problem?

gwelf on April 5, 2012 at 2:52 PM

but it’s filled with racists, homophobes and sexists, bigots

“This little kid who was found abandoned in the ocean brought a face to the people who were in Miami- a face that showed hatred, a face that showed ignorance, a face that showed they had no respect at all for the things that Americans believed in.”

- Charlie Rangel, 28 June 2000

“The white man is our mortal enemy, and we can not accept him. I will fight to see that vicious beast go down into the late of fire prepared for him from the beginning, that he never rise again to give any innocent black man, woman, or child the hell that he has delighted in pouring on us for 400 years.”

- Louis Farrakhan , in a comments made to a City College audience

“Some suggested over the weekend that it is wrong to expect Elian Gonzalez to live in a place that tolerates no dissent or freedom of political expression. They were talking about Miami.”

- Katie Couric

“It seems like being gay or whatever sin you wish to be a part of is okay.”

- Louis Farrakhan, August 1997

“These false Jews promote the filth of Hollywood. It’s the wicked Jews, the false Jews that are promoting lesbianism, homosexuality.”

- Louis Farrakhan, February 2006

“Do you worry at all that non-believers may feel excluded and diminished at a time when we’re so divided about so much?”

- Katie Couric, suggesting that, perhaps, Christians should stop celebrating Christmas so non-believers won’t feel so left out, 4 December 2006.

“Every child who believes in God is mentally ill.”

- Paul Brandwein

“As for the one Mormon running for office [Mitt Romney, running for president], those who really believe in God will defeat him anyways, so don’t worry about that; that’s a temporary situation.”

- Al Sharpton, May 2007.

Resist We Much on April 5, 2012 at 2:53 PM

I am so glad you are I am confirming the GOP Democrat party is the party of racists

DBear on April 5, 2012 at 2:49 PM

NoFanofLibs on April 5, 2012 at 2:54 PM

Yeah, but…..do we all have to reply to the exact same comment..?

d1carter on April 5, 2012 at 2:40 PM

Yes. It’s in the sites terms/conditions, just after the part about the Palin thread quota. (BTW, the ‘reject the false choice’ thing was just a backhanded swipe at Obama’s favorite straw-man technique).

RINO in Name Only on April 5, 2012 at 2:55 PM

Trafalgar on April 5, 2012 at 2:50 PM

oh you are the party of science all of a sudden? sorry but that’s “just a theory”. the science is not “settled”. until 1000000000% of scientists agree on it we shouldn’t do anything about it.

DBear on April 5, 2012 at 2:56 PM

but it’s filled with racists, homophobes and sexists, bigots

“Have you considered castration as an option?”

- Katie Couric

“When I look at what’s available in the man department, I’m surprised more women aren’t gay.”

- Hillary Clinton

“I’m under the assumption that most men are putzes.”

- Harry Smith (Are we sure that it isn’t Harriet?”

“It is now technically possible to reproduce without the aid of males . . . and to produce only females. We must begin immediately to do so. The male is a biological accident. . . . The male has made the world a sh1tpile.”

- Valerie Solanas

“Bimbos, slvts, trailer trash, rednecks, and sh1t-kickers.”

- Hillary Clinton

“Drag $100 bills through trailor parks, there’s no telling what you will find. I know these people. I went to school with them. I necked with them. I spent nights with them.”

- James Carville

“Bill [Clinton] is every bit as black as Barack. He’s probably gone with more black women than Barack.

- Andrew Young

“How many of you folks saw that last night, the Vice President, Republican Sarah Palin? Whoa, man, I like that Sarah Palin. She looks like the weekend anchor on Channel 9. She looks like the hygienist who makes you feel guilty about not flossing. She looks like the relieved mom in a Tide commercial.”

-David Letterman

“She looks like one of those women in the Van Halen videos who takes off her glasses, shakes out her hair, and then all of a sudden, she’s in high heels and a bikini. All of a sudden, I am FOR drilling in Alaska.”

-Jimmy Kimmel

“And the trump card, why Americans will fall in love with her, she’s got five kids. How can you not vote for someone who has five children, including an infant. Some touching details about the infant: it has Down Syndrome, she had it when she was 43 years old, and it looks a lot like John Edwards.”

-Bill Maher

“You are a rude, thoughtless, little pig.”

–Alec Baldwin in a voice message to his 11-year-old daughter

“[F]or a few brief moments, America held the hope that O.J. Simpson had murdered [Florida Secretary of State] Katherine Harris.”

- Bill Maher

“The basic rationale for depriving people of their rights in a dependency relationship, is that certain individuals are incapable of or undeserving of the right to take care of themselves and consequently need social institutions specifically designed to safeguard their position. . . . Along with the family, past and present examples of such arrangements include marriage, slavery and the Indian reservation system.”

- Hillary Clinton

“Until all women are lesbians, there will be no true political revolution.”

- Jill Johnson

Resist We Much on April 5, 2012 at 2:58 PM

DBear on April 5, 2012 at 2:56 PM

That’s not just a theory. Son, you should quit while you are losing.

NoFanofLibs on April 5, 2012 at 2:58 PM

Also, isn’t Treyvon Martin the guy who was killed by a Democrat?
gwelf on April 5, 2012 at 2:46 PM
DBear on April 5, 2012 at 2:49 PM

Uh, I didn’t say anything racist. My point was to demonstrate liberal thinking. Liberals divide everyone by class, race, gender or any other grievance group. Not because they care but because their power depends on it. Zimmerman being a Democrat has nothing to do with why he shot Martin but according to your logic it does.

gwelf on April 5, 2012 at 2:59 PM

So…in other news…in Toledo, Ohio, a 78-year-old veteran was robbed and beaten by thugs “because of Trayvon.” Of course, the Toledo Blade did not give a racial description of the thugs…that’d have been racist, you know.

The usual suspects, Jesse “everybody wear a hoodie/Heimietown” Jackson, Al “Tawana Brawley/let’s escalate to retaliate” Sharpton, et al., were, as usual, silent…unless the victim were not an old white guy.

And Toledo is one of the strongest pro-union, pro-Democrat bastions in the Midwest…outside of Chicago, of course.

And the local outrage??

Not a whisper.

coldwarrior on April 5, 2012 at 3:01 PM

but it’s filled with racists, homophobes and sexists, bigots

“I say if white in South Africa don’t get outta town, we kill the men, we kill the women, we kill the children, we kill the babies, we kill the blind, we kill the cripple, we kill the crazy, we kill the faggots, we kill the lesbians. I say, goddammnit, we kill them all!”

- Khalid Muhammad , 1996

“Murder and lying comes easy for white people.”

- Louis Farrakhan, 1994

“White people are potential humans-they haven’t evolved yet.”

- Louis Farrakhan, March 2000

“The Jews don’t like Farrakhan, so they call me Hitler. Well, that’s a good name. Hitler was a very great man. He rose Germany up from the ashes.”

- Louis Farrakhan

“God cursed those who are the sons of Israel, through David and Jesus, the son of Mary. Those people, God made monkeys and pigs.”

- Sami al Arian

“Our party must continue to strike fear in the heart of the white man, our real enemy.”

- Robert Mugabe, 2000

“[America was set up] to help the poor, the black people, the less well off as slow as possible.”

- Kanye West

“Civil rights laws were not passed to give civil rights protection to all Americans.”

- Mary Berry

“We have an aging White America. They are dying. They are shitting in their pants with fear! . . . I love it.”

- Jose Angel Gutierrez

“The white race is the cancer of human history.”

- Susan Sontag , 1960s.

“[T]he one idea is, how are we going to exterminate white people because that, in my estimation, is the only conclusion I have come to. We have to exterminate white people off the face of this planet.”

- Kamau Kambon

“[Blacks should wipe] white people off the face of the planet.”

- Kamau Kambon, October 2005.

“Most American white men are trained to be f@gs. For this reason it is no wonder their faces are weak and blank. . . . The average ofay [white person] thinks of the black man as potentially raping every white lady in sight. Which is true, in the sense that the black man should want to rob the white man of everything he has. But for most whites the guilt of the robbery is the guilt of rape. That is, they know in their deepest hearts that they should be robbed, and the white woman understands that only in the rape sequence is she likely to get cleanly, viciously popped.”

- Amiri Baraka, 1962.

Did I happen to mention that I am working on an new anthology of racist, sexist, homophobic, Islamophobic, Christophobic, anti-Semitic, xenophobic, anti-immigrant, bigoted, etc., quotes made by Leftists that is going to be unlike any of the others that you have ever seen?

You make the rules. I make you live by them.

Resist We Much on April 5, 2012 at 3:03 PM

Yeah, but…..do we all have to reply to the exact same comment..?

d1carter on April 5, 2012 at 2:40 PM

You’re probably right in general, but for this thread, why not? The topic is about a jackass liberal saying something obscenely stupid. When other liberals come here and do the same thing, it seem only reasonable to include that in the discussion.

People like Dean would not be in the position they were in if not for people like Liberal4Life, 0bamaderangementsyndrom[sic], and DBear cheering them on. Best to expose and deconstruct the foolishness of the followers as well as the ringleaders.

RINO in Name Only on April 5, 2012 at 3:04 PM

DBear on April 5, 2012 at 2:56 PM

You really have no idea what science is, do you? Here’s a hint: it has nothing to do with democracy, and very little to do with academia.

RINO in Name Only on April 5, 2012 at 3:09 PM

DBear on April 5, 2012 at 2:56 PM

No, it’s science. You just call it a “theory” in an attempt to conceal from yourself the pain and agony the murder of children inflicts on its vistims. You can’t face the reality of what abortion is and what it does to living human beings, so you stick your fingers in your ears and sing “La la la la la…it’s a blob of cells…la la la…it can’t feel anything…la la la”

Disgusting!

Trafalgar on April 5, 2012 at 3:13 PM

guess what? no one believes the warmongering, health insurance denying, let the poor fend for themselves party really cares about ANY human life let alone fetuses! u just wanna play sex cops, as always, so save your faux outrage!

DBear on April 5, 2012 at 2:24 PM

Everyone knows that the baby-murdering, death panel loving, give old people a pain pill and send them home to die party looks at all human life as a commodity (called “units”)! You just want to destroy any fun or joy people find in life by making them feel like victims! The only way you can get support is to bribe people or rile them up with your constant fear mongering. You are all vile, hateful, creepy morons. You are the party of death.

Night Owl on April 5, 2012 at 3:15 PM

DBear on April 5, 2012 at 2:24 PM

Here’s a question I’m sure you’re not going to answer. Wasn’t Medicaid enacted (by a Democrat) for people who don’t have health insurance? Why did Medicaid fail them?

By your own admission, you hate the poor.

Kingfisher on April 5, 2012 at 3:21 PM

DBear on April 5, 2012 at 2:24 PM

One more question…how do you know Obamacare will work? Where’s your scientific argument supporting Obamacare?

You claim you’re on the side of science, let’s see your logical arguments. After all, the Democrats didn’t even read their own bill when they passed it yet you claim that Obamacare is necessary.

Kingfisher on April 5, 2012 at 3:23 PM

Kingfisher on April 5, 2012 at 3:23 PM

I think that is asking too much of him. Democrats can’t even do basic math, or they would have produced a budget sometime in the last three years.

Night Owl on April 5, 2012 at 3:28 PM

Tell me …
what would responsible scientists say if they found the same ‘clump of cells’ one finds in the uterus soon after conception ON THE MOON, or some planet ??
What would they call it ?
Would they wet their pants @ the discovery of life !!
Hmmmmmm.

pambi on April 5, 2012 at 3:40 PM

Night Owl on April 5, 2012 at 3:28 PM

There are two groups of people: people who understand science and people who brag a lot that they understand science. Take socialism, for example. Socialism is a global failure so where is the “science” for supporting it?

Speaking of “global,” what about man-made global warming? Where is this so-called list of scientists who overwhelmingly support it? I’ve been asking this question for years and have received no form of evidence of this “majority of scientists.”

Kingfisher on April 5, 2012 at 3:41 PM

Kingfisher on April 5, 2012 at 3:41 PM

It’s beside the point anyway. Science is not done by consensus. They will have proved global warming when they have a model that predicts, with at least a vague hint of accuracy, what the temperature will be. They have failed to produce this. There is nothing more to say.

RINO in Name Only on April 5, 2012 at 3:50 PM

Resist We Much on April 5, 2012 at 3:03 PM

Brilliant. Thanks for the quotes.

itsspideyman on April 5, 2012 at 3:51 PM

DBear on April 5, 2012 at 2:56 PM

THIS is correct…..for a valid argument against man-made global warning!

DBEAR spin in 5….4….3….

Snitchmo on April 5, 2012 at 3:52 PM

I’d like specific examples of each of these bashing for every day of last month. Heck, even every day of last week. Let’s see the evidence, Mr. Dean.

Fuzzy on April 5, 2012 at 3:56 PM

DBear on April 5, 2012 at 2:42 PM

Horse doodle.

We’ve had posters here talk about the impossibility of trying to adopt down-syndrome babies due to the ridiculous red tape they’ve had to go through. However adoption services won’t allow them to be adopted.

I work with a church that gives 15% of all collections to food backs across the state. During Katrina fellow groups came from across the United States and stayed years to help us clean up. We were very grateful for the compassion of those across America.

You are talking in soundbite bromides built to elicit guilt and anger and have no connection to the lives of caring individuals. Take your hatred for your fellow man somewhere else.

itsspideyman on April 5, 2012 at 3:57 PM

itsspideyman on April 5, 2012 at 3:51 PM

You’re welcome. I am compiling an anthology that blows away my past work and that I have seen elsewhere.

Alinsky’s Rules for Radicals #4:

Make the enemy live up to their own book of rules.

:-)

Resist We Much on April 5, 2012 at 4:00 PM

As for part two of your inane comment, MLK didn’t like that Goldwater had opposed the Civil Rights Act, not Republicans. And Goldwater’s opposition was based not on racism, but that he thought the Act unconstitutional.

Bitter Clinger on April 5, 2012 at 1:35 PM

Blame Goldwater for the racial problems in the GOP not Democrats

liberal4life on April 5, 2012 at 4:01 PM

DBear on April 5, 2012 at 2:42 PM

Why doesn’t the woman who bears them have responsibility?

That’s the point, sicko. You and your Barack Obama Party kill children both inside and outside the womb. According to the Barack Obama Party, a woman has no responsibility whatsoever for her children and can just dump them off onto society. That’s why Barack supports infanticide and killing children after birth; he believes that children have no value and live at the whim of their parents, ready to be killed at any time.

northdallasthirty on April 5, 2012 at 4:10 PM

Bitter Clinger on April 5, 2012 at 1:35 PM

Blame Goldwater for the racial problems in the GOP not Democrats

liberal4life on April 5, 2012 at 4:01 PM

In addition to being nonsensical on its own in several ways, how does your “reply” have anything to do with what you quoted?

RINO in Name Only on April 5, 2012 at 4:10 PM

DBear on April 5, 2012 at 2:42 PM

Again, even stronger: why is it MY responsibility to care for YOUR child?

Why don’t you have any responsibility for your child, you pig?

Children don’t appear spontaneously without parental involvement. You chose to have sex. You chose to have unprotected sex. Why do you get to kill the child because you were stupid and immature? Why isn’t it YOUR responsibility to take care of what you’ve produced?

Liberals are truly sick people. Anyone who calls for children who inconvenience their parents to be killed is a sick individual.

northdallasthirty on April 5, 2012 at 4:14 PM

Say, Howard, why are women — American wives, etc. — LAST on your “bash” list? Are you discriminating here??

Gordy on April 5, 2012 at 4:21 PM

He forgot ‘talking point parrots named Dean-bashing.’

locomotivebreath1901 on April 5, 2012 at 4:33 PM

It’s the Democratic Party that really engages in bashing, both directly in union violence and indirectly by demonizing all Whites other than privileged, protected ones like Howard Dean. Stirring up anti-White racial hatred causes violence against Whites who can’t afford to live in the “safe neighborhoods” beloved of rich liberals.

David Blue on April 5, 2012 at 4:37 PM

Blame Goldwater for the racial problems in the GOP not Democrats

liberal4life on April 5, 2012 at 4:01 PM

There are no racial problems in the GOP. That strawman is a figment of the liberal imagination.

Dee2008 on April 5, 2012 at 4:40 PM

Shrug. I think of Howard Dean and his trademark outbursts as a poisonous snake in a great big zoo exhibit: You know he’s there & dont even need to see him to feel his venom, so its best to stay safely behind the glass and keep moving.

Sacramento on April 5, 2012 at 4:45 PM

My fellow conservative commenters, you have to understand what liberals have been taught:

1) That ONLY the government can take care of the poor. They believe that either a) nobody really donates to charities or churches that help the poor or b) we have to make sure churches aren’t helping the poor so there’s no more of them darn Christians made.

2) If a woman has a miscarriage at 3 months, it’s a tragic loss of a child. If a woman has an abortion at 3 months it’s an empowering excerise over her own body. They don’t see the conflict.

3) That conservatives are hypocrites that want convicted murderers executed but innocent babies saved.

4) Unless it serves liberal demagoging, attacking any single member of any of their identity groups, even when you’re not attacking them on that identity but on something they did, makes you opposed to everybody in that identity group. IE, if you oppose Obama’s policies, you must hate black people. It has nothing to do with him pushing the debt over 100% of GDP, or that countries all over Europe are collapsing for that same reason. It’s because we’re racist.

5) All conservatives and GOP (not the same) speak in code. They never really mean what they say, they are just using coded words that the rest of us racists secretly understand to say racist things. Like when Reagan generically said “welfare queens,” all of us must have translated it “black women”. See, liberals can read minds, and know what somebody really “meant” to say, and break the code that way.

6) Any clinical evidence, not conjecture, evidence, that babies feel pain in the womb way before the first trimester is up, or that babies survive after beind born as early as 17 weeks, or that women who have ONE abortion are usually emotionally and psychologicaly scarred is pure propaganda.

7) That because conservatives judge people on the content of their character and their actions, we’re racist for also ignoring skin color.

PastorJon on April 5, 2012 at 5:10 PM

Blame Goldwater for the racial problems in the GOP not Democrats

liberal4life on April 5, 2012 at 4:01 PM

Other than Strom Thurmond, please tell me which of the following died as Republicans:

Al Gore, Sr.
Orval Faubus
William J Fullbright
Bull Connor
Robert J Byrd
Fritz Hollings
J. Lister Hill
John Sparkman
John Little McClellan
George A. Smathers
Spessard Holland
Herman Talmadge
Richard Brevard Russell, Jr.
Allen J. Ellender
Russel B Long
James Eastland
John Stennis
B. Everett Jordan
Sam Ervin
Olin D. Johnston
Herbert S. Walters
Absalom Willis Robertson
Harry F. Byrd, Jr.

Resist We Much on April 5, 2012 at 5:40 PM

Blame Goldwater for the racial problems in the GOP not Democrats

liberal4life on April 5, 2012 at 4:01 PM

By the way, should people blame the Daisy ad for Vietnam?

As the firestorm rages, a voiceover from Johnson states, “These are the stakes! To make a world in which all of God’s children can live, or to go into the dark. We must either love each other, or we must die.” Another voiceover (sportscaster Chris Schenkel) then says, “Vote for President Johnson on November 3. The stakes are too high for you to stay home.”

Of course, that wasn’t the first time that Democrats played the old bait-n-switch warmonger card. Woodrow Wilson ran for reelection on a platform of “He kept us out of the war!” 5 months after his reelection, American doughboys were heading over to France with wooden guns.

Resist We Much on April 5, 2012 at 5:44 PM

I’d like to see him round a big group of Muslims together that love gays, [Catholics] and women, and who are thrilled to welcome non-Muslims into “Muslim lands”.

Tzetzes on April 5, 2012 at 5:50 PM

Divide and Conquer: Obama Knows Exactly What He’s Doing

Now, Mr. Obama certainly knows that the words that flowed from his rhetorical lips were completely false. Striking a law of Congress is not unprecedented, and not even particularly extraordinary:

The court’s struck down more than 150 federal laws since its inception, not to mention overturning hundreds of state and local laws.

So why on Earth would he say it? Why would he lecture the top jurists in the land — unelected, as they are, and appointed for life to remove them from petty politics — that the law has a “human element” that he hopes is “not forgotten in this political debate”? Why, for Heaven’s sake, would he declare that “the justices should understand” his health-care law doesn’t work unless every American is forced to buy coverage, whether it’s constitutional or not?

Simple. His provably false remarks weren’t aimed at Supreme Court justices, but rather at uninformed Americans, especially liberals (is there any other kind?). The most divisive president in history is setting up yet another straw man for his re-election campaign, one that fits directly into his strategy to divide and conquer.

The campaign geniuses, the same ones who came up with the idea to run against the much-despised Congress (even though Democrats control the Senate), have decided that deriding the Supreme Court as an arm of the Republican Party is a winning plan, one that will resonate across the country come November.

Right on cue, columnist Maureen Dowd savaged the court: “This court, cosseted behind white marble pillars, out of reach of TV, accountable to no one once they give the last word, is well on its way to becoming one of the most divisive in modern American history. It has squandered even the semi-illusion that it is the unbiased, honest guardian of the Constitution. It is run by hacks dressed up in black robes.”

But here, the big brains are horribly mistaken: Mr. Obama maligns the high court at his peril. Americans, especially those in what dual-coast lefties derisively dub “flyover country,” like their Supreme Court. They aren’t about to let a president — any president — bully what many see as the cornerstone of the checks-and-balances system set up by the Founders.

So: there, in a nutshell, is Mr. Obama’s plan to divide and conquer. Rise up, America, against your nation’s Congress, your nation’s highest court — and even America’s Constitution.

His desperation is now palpable, and it’s only April. This is going to get ugly, people.

mountainaires on April 5, 2012 at 5:52 PM

Howard Dean. It never gets old. A Classic.

Bmore on April 5, 2012 at 6:00 PM

You make the rules. I make you live by them.
Resist We Much
 on April 5, 2012 at 3:03 PM

Bravo.

AH_C on April 5, 2012 at 6:17 PM

This from a silver spoon-sucking, card-carrying member of the 1 percent.

curved space on April 5, 2012 at 6:28 PM

Haha, and now he can at Dean bashing to his fairy tale.

scalleywag on April 5, 2012 at 7:41 PM

PastorJon on April 5, 2012 at 5:10 PM

Good stuff.

bntafraid on April 5, 2012 at 8:14 PM

He forget Samoan-bashing, anti-Irish, anti-biotic, ante room and Auntie Mame.

Crusty on April 5, 2012 at 11:44 PM

Are Special Ed and Howard related? Besides being two say anything loud mouths?

StevC on April 6, 2012 at 12:10 PM

Dean has long been one sick bitch, just like DWS (Dumb, White, STUPID)!?! Both are poster children for their party’s symbol, the JACKASS!?!

Colatteral Damage on April 6, 2012 at 3:20 PM

Republicans appeal to me as a whole person, to my ability to take personal responsibility for myself, to work hard, to reap the benefits of my labors and to voluntarily share those benefits with whose who truly aren’t able to be responsible for themselves.

Right on, Tina.