Quotes of the day

posted at 10:38 pm on April 5, 2012 by Allahpundit

“With Mitt Romney on a steady march to the Republican presidential nomination after a sweep of three primaries, both he and President Obama are seizing on the Republican House budget, and its ambitious young architect, Representative Paul D. Ryan, as a defining issue of the unfolding campaign

“For Mr. Obama, painting the conservative lawmaker as a sort of wild-eyed wingman to Mr. Romney carries clear benefits, according to his advisers: it yokes Mr. Romney to the unpopular elements of the Ryan budget — from deep cuts in cherished social programs to a Medicare overhaul that could drive up costs for future retirees and fundamentally change the popular health plan — and it makes it tougher for Mr. Romney to tack to the center once he gets past the primaries…

“‘Obama is trying to set this up to demonize the House Budget chairman,’ said Kevin Madden, an adviser to the Romney campaign. ‘Governor Romney is going to talk about his vision for the country and his ideas for entitlement reform and tackling spending and reducing deficits. He welcomes efforts by people like Paul Ryan to address it, because Obama hasn’t.’”

***

“If Romney’s win in Wisconsin strengthened his claim to the Republican presidential nomination, then his five straight days of campaigning with Ryan amounted to a tryout for the youthful congressman as a potential vice presidential running mate.

“Since Ryan endorsed Romney last Friday, he was at the candidate’s side at every turn — introducing him before formal speeches, vouching for him at town hall meetings and joining him as they eyed cherry pie, picked up fried cheese curds and handed out sub sandwiches. (Romney gave away turkey; Ryan, ham and cheese.)

“Along the way, Romney’s aides were sizing Ryan up. And although chief strategist Stuart Stevens waved off any talk of the two forming a national ticket as irresponsibly premature, he did say they got along well behind the scenes and noted their ‘chemistry’ on the stump.”

***

“Christian Ferry, a senior adviser to the previous Republican nominee, Arizona Sen. John McCain, called Mr. Ryan ‘an intriguing possibility’ because he ‘is actually making substantive policy suggestions for urgent problems the country faces rather than worrying about the day-to-day politics.’…

“Ryan allies say Mr. Romney would be wise to pick the man who wrote his party’s main budget blueprint. ‘Why wouldn’t Romney put the guy with the most expertise on the ticket with him?’ said Rep. Devin Nunes (R., Calif.), who worked with Mr. Ryan on early versions of his budget and prodded him to run for president…

“Compatibility will be a crucial ingredient in Mr. Romney’s selection, according to people close to his campaign. Mr. Romney also trusts the 42-year-old congressman to field policy questions on his behalf—a rarity for the former governor who prides himself on his command of policy details. When Mr. Romney received a question on the convoluted tax code at a Wisconsin town hall, he turned to Mr. Ryan.”

***

“Let’s say the economy continues to recover. Let’s say Romney continues to trail Obama in the polls. Let’s say he realizes that he needs to change the underlying dynamics of the election if he’s to have a chance. In that case, conservatives may just get what they seem to really want: A risky campaign that tries to take on ‘the big issues,’ perhaps by bringing Paul Ryan onto the ticket and arguing that the only way to avert a debt crisis is root-and-branch reform of the federal government.

“Those campaigns don’t have a great track record. But they are, at the least, interesting, and if Romney chooses to run one alongside Ryan, conservatives will finally get their chance to persuade the country to radically reduce the size and responsibilities of the federal government. And, perhaps a bit paradoxically, the only candidate who can really give them that chance is a candidate like Romney in a year like this one: A candidate who could count on their allegiance wouldn’t need to pander to the base by swinging so far to the right, and a candidate who was clearly going to win would play it safer.”

***

“What was unveiled with Obama’s powerful speech is nothing less than a replay of Bill Clinton’s reelection argument in 1996. Back then, a colorless GOP leader named Bob Dole was successfully lashed to revolutionary Newt Gingrich’s budget, which Democrats argued would ravage Medicare, Medicaid, education and the environment. Dole was morphed into Gingrich at least 125,000 times in negative ads (according to Gingrich’s later tally for me), killing Dole with independents and sullying Gingrich’s brand forever…

“Can Romney extricate himself from being tied to Ryan as Dole was to Gingrich? This kind of Houdini-style escape may be beyond even the skills of as brazen a flip-flopper as Romney, though it will be fun to watch him try.

“After all, if the man who was for the health-care mandate before he was against it turns out also to have been for the Ryan budget before he was against that, he’ll alienate his base in an attempt to woo the middle. Meanwhile, Romney’s support for Ryan will run in endless loops in the president’s and his super PAC’s ads, along with a devastating catalog of all of Romney’s other switcheroos over the years.”

***

“President Obama is an intelligent, judicious man who can see all sides of an issue. But every once in a while he tries to get politically cute, and he puts on his Keith Olbermann mask…

“That’s pretty much what happened this week in Obama’s speech before a group of newspaper editors. Obama’s target in this speech was Representative Paul Ryan’s budget…

“Obama treated it as some sort of alien monster from the lunatic fringe. He made a series of specific accusations that have been easily swatted away by the Ryan defenders: That the Ryan plan would allow the insurance companies to cherry-pick the healthiest seniors (in fact, there are specific passages in the plan forbidding that); the Ryan plan would mean lower benefits for seniors (in fact, the plan would guarantee seniors the equivalent of current benefits while giving them other options).

“As I say, I have my own problems with Ryan’s plan, which Obama identified. But Ryan has at least taken a big step toward an eventual fiscal solution. He’s proposed necessary structural entitlement reforms, which the Democrats are unwilling to do. He’s proposed real tax reform, which the Democrats are also unwilling to do.”

***

“President Obama doubled down on tying Mitt Romney to Paul Ryan’s House Republican budget at a fundraiser Thursday.

“‘The budget was marvelous, he said,’ Obama said about Romney. ‘When you go through this budget, the vision is an American where everyone is fending for themselves, a few are doing well at the top and most people are struggling to get by.’”

***

Via the Examiner.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Schadenfreude on April 6, 2012 at 1:11 AM

I don’t remember ever sparring with you. If that ever happened I’m sure you would have made me look like a fool with your wit.

Anyway I’m happy making a fool of myself with or without your assistance. (:

SparkPlug on April 6, 2012 at 1:14 AM

Why is this DHChron still able to post ? I thought he would be banned after the first comment on this thread. This is really unacceptable.

evergreenland on April 6, 2012 at 12:47 AM

…B e c a u s e…he’s OUR brother…from another mother! He’s alright…and you’re too tight! (most of the time you’re alright too though!) …Let the guys pick some tunes for you.

KOOLAID2 on April 6, 2012 at 1:16 AM

That or the Salem overlords issued an edict…

Gohawgs on April 6, 2012 at 1:12 AM

Maybe thet could busy themselves cleaning up their own little craphole at Townhall

katy the mean old lady on April 6, 2012 at 1:16 AM

SparkPlug on April 6, 2012 at 1:14 AM

Schadenfreude is one of the best. Learn well from him grasshopper.

Bmore on April 6, 2012 at 1:16 AM

Anyway I’m happy making a fool of myself with or without your assistance. (:

SparkPlug on April 6, 2012 at 1:14 AM

I’m with you. If you laugh at yourself the others can’t hurt you so much :)

p.s. you did give me a hard time, once, and I sure gave it right back to you, then we made up in the same thread…but I forgot what it was about, and I don’t care. You’re a good one.

Schadenfreude on April 6, 2012 at 1:17 AM

Thanks evergreenland, that was a nice tune. See its fun. : )

Bmore on April 6, 2012 at 1:18 AM

Canopfor has been victimized by the The Salem Communications Witch Trials.

SparkPlug on April 6, 2012 at 1:18 AM

Bmore on April 6, 2012 at 1:14 AM

Awww.quit it guys..*blush*
Plenty, I assure you. :)

bazil9 on April 6, 2012 at 1:19 AM

Schadenfreude on April 6, 2012 at 1:17 AM

It couldn’t have been me. I never forgive anyone who crosses me. Unless its Katy the Lady then its ok.

SparkPlug on April 6, 2012 at 1:20 AM

Bmore on April 6, 2012 at 1:16 AM

There are not categories around here. I hate the “thread winners” and such comments.

Everyone should be free to say whatever, fight, enjoy, give, take, and be unique. “Common” is my most hated word.

Schadenfreude on April 6, 2012 at 1:20 AM

SparkPlug on April 6, 2012 at 1:20 AM

Heh, it was you who crossed me :)

Now, forget about it.

Oh, Katy is a jewel.

Schadenfreude on April 6, 2012 at 1:21 AM

Schadenfreude on April 6, 2012 at 1:11 AM

Anyway I’m happy making a fool of myself with or without your assistance. (:

SparkPlug on April 6, 2012 at 1:14 AM

I haven’t either, just kudo’s. I shall keep it that way. ;)

He is voting for me and West in 2012 btw. Eh, I couldn’t do worse then what we have right?

bazil9 on April 6, 2012 at 1:21 AM

where you at evergreenland? I’m a nice guy…just effin’ with ya. Ban Hammer people are stupid, but I still love ya. It’s cause I’m awesome.

DHChron on April 6, 2012 at 1:22 AM

Schadenfreude on April 6, 2012 at 1:20 AM

I know you do and I enjoy your misery also. ; )

Bmore on April 6, 2012 at 1:22 AM

Night all, it has been interesting.

uncommon sense on April 6, 2012 at 1:24 AM

Bazil9 is the best…I love her even though her panhandle sucks and her 60 inch TV is dumb.

DHChron on April 6, 2012 at 1:25 AM

West/bazil9

Schadenfreude on April 6, 2012 at 1:25 AM

DHChron on April 6, 2012 at 1:22 AM

The wusses usually drop some crap and leave. Tis the troll way.

bazil9 on April 6, 2012 at 1:25 AM

katy the mean old lady on April 6, 2012 at 1:16 AM

I’m a’thinking that Townhall is their model for the HA to be…

Gohawgs on April 6, 2012 at 1:25 AM

Well yes, he/she does:

arnold ziffel on April 6, 2012 at 1:13 AM

Okay, mr. ziffel, since you’re posting “sun songs” tonight… this one from the ending of the best sci fi flick between 2001 and Star Wars .

de rigueur on April 6, 2012 at 1:26 AM

Night uncommon.

Heh, I just posted that “common” is my most hated word.

Don’t ever become common. We have enough lefties in the world.

Schadenfreude on April 6, 2012 at 1:26 AM

bazil9 on April 6, 2012 at 1:21 AM

You are a fun poster. Now bazil is an Herb right?

SparkPlug on April 6, 2012 at 1:26 AM

West/bazil9

Schadenfreude on April 6, 2012 at 1:25 AM

I am VP? lol..for the best..I agree. :)

bazil9 on April 6, 2012 at 1:26 AM

bazil9 on April 6, 2012 at 1:21 AM

You are a fun poster. Now bazil is an Herb right?

SparkPlug on April 6, 2012 at 1:26 AM

But you are a girl so you can’t be a Herb. hehe.

SparkPlug on April 6, 2012 at 1:28 AM

60 inch TV is dumb.

DHChron on April 6, 2012 at 1:25 AM

U seen it? your just jealous bro.

bazil9 on April 6, 2012 at 1:28 AM

arnold ziffel on April 6, 2012 at 1:13 AM

You have inspired me to show you the best karaoke song ..IMHO..:)

PS..You don’t have to sing well (my case) or be sober because everyone in the bar will start singing it so it will not matter whether you are singing or yelling..:)

PSS.That is my karaoke tip for the HA masses..:)

Dire Straits on April 6, 2012 at 1:28 AM

Schadenfreude on April 6, 2012 at 1:26 AM

That’s why is uncommon, otherwise everyone would have it and the country wouldn’t be in this mess :P

uncommon sense on April 6, 2012 at 1:29 AM

You are a fun poster. Now bazil is an Herb right?

SparkPlug on April 6, 2012 at 1:26 AM

The herb is basil.

Schadenfreude on April 6, 2012 at 1:29 AM

You are a fun poster. Now bazil is an Herb right?

SparkPlug on April 6, 2012 at 1:26 AM

Thx spark. I can be very serious but then I get mad. I try to have some fun to keep balance. Basil is an herb..Bazil was my cat with 9 lives…thus Bazil9. Not exciting. :) love my pets.

bazil9 on April 6, 2012 at 1:30 AM

uncommon sense on April 6, 2012 at 1:29 AM

Indeed, don’t ever change. Being unique and individualistic are the best gifts and attributes we can possess.

Schadenfreude on April 6, 2012 at 1:31 AM

so you can’t be a Herb. hehe.

SparkPlug on April 6, 2012 at 1:28 AM

Ah no,lol. Herbbbbb.
Herby the luv bug? The VW bug? He is cute.

bazil9 on April 6, 2012 at 1:32 AM

Dire Straits QOTD song. Friends.

Bmore on April 6, 2012 at 1:32 AM

U seen it? your just jealous bro.

bazil9 on April 6, 2012 at 1:28 AM

yep :)

your one smart cookie bazil9. I’m a jealous SOB. 60 inches is a bit too large though…If I was gay that would be painful.

DHChron on April 6, 2012 at 1:33 AM

What happened to the trolls? I had a bad day..lets go!

bazil9 on April 6, 2012 at 1:33 AM

SparkPlug on April 6, 2012 at 1:26 AM

The herb is basil.

Schadenfreude on April 6, 2012 at 1:29 AM

Could be. Seems like bluegill is jan3 but I could be wrong. I haven’t seen The Herb post much.

Ok I’m joshing.

SparkPlug on April 6, 2012 at 1:34 AM

de rigueur on April 6, 2012 at 1:26 AM

Wait a minute!!..I must protest..I thought this was the best Sci-Fi movie song??..:):)

PS..I like Joan Baez music..My Older sister was a huge fan..:)

Dire Straits on April 6, 2012 at 1:34 AM

Basal
I didn’t just leave, I had to shower, work makes me smell. Work makes every one smell,RIGHT DHChron?

angrymike on April 6, 2012 at 1:35 AM

DHChron on April 6, 2012 at 1:33 AM

Haha, Panasonic -60 Plasma, Harmon Kardon surround. SWEET. I love my tv and car. I should be a guy. lol

bazil9 on April 6, 2012 at 1:36 AM

evergreenland on April 6, 2012 at 12:47 AM

Believe it or don’t. Back in the old days when the Vikings were rapin and pillagin, the residents of the country now known as Iceland thought “we don’t want none of that naughty stuff.” So they named their country Iceland and called the nearby country Greenland to fake out hose damn Vikings. So when they got to Greenland they said this ain’t so good and they sailed westward to North America. They didn’t last too long there either because America wasn’t supposed to be discovered until 1492. So the Vikings stayed away, and produced awesome womenz and music and skiers.

arnold ziffel on April 6, 2012 at 1:37 AM

canopfor, if your out there and I know you are. This is for you brother.

Bmore on April 6, 2012 at 1:37 AM

evergreenland is an effin’ wuss.

I’m smarter than you…I’m also way sexier than you. I’m richer than you, and I know kung fu so I can kick yo azz. Where you at troll?!?!?!

DHChron on April 6, 2012 at 1:37 AM

SparkPlug on April 6, 2012 at 1:34 AM

As someone that fishes with my dad 100 miles out in Fl waters, Bluegill makes me laugh. A sh*t fish. That is all.

bazil9 on April 6, 2012 at 1:38 AM

Bazil
ok I’ll take the bait….. what kinda car ya got?

angrymike on April 6, 2012 at 1:38 AM

SparkPlug on April 6, 2012 at 1:14 AM

Schadenfreude is one of the best. Learn well from him grasshopper.

Bmore on April 6, 2012 at 1:16 AM

I’m pretty sure we have gone round about something. But, I guess I wasn’t aware I was dealing with HotGas Royalty.

What’s your secret, if you can divulge…?

ccrosby on April 6, 2012 at 1:38 AM

Good night uncommon sense.

Bmore on April 6, 2012 at 1:39 AM

DHChron on April 6, 2012 at 1:33 AM

bazil9 on April 6, 2012 at 1:36 AM

did I mention I love you?

DHChron on April 6, 2012 at 1:39 AM

angrymike on April 6, 2012 at 1:35 AM

Say what?

bazil9 on April 6, 2012 at 1:39 AM

The Karate Kid – Never Say Never

Ralph Macchio could kick the snot out of Justin Beiber.

SparkPlug on April 6, 2012 at 1:40 AM

I e-mailed you about this 20 minutes ago, canopfor. You’ve been placed in moderation for repeatedly going off-topic in threads. If you’d like to discuss it, please e-mail us at our tips address.

Allahpundit on April 3, 2012 at 10:22 PM

What a DLW…

Gohawgs on April 6, 2012 at 1:40 AM

Steveangell on April 6, 2012 at 12:35 AM

You are asking me to give Obama another chance in some improbable hope that a conservative party be formed quickly, and I cannot agree to that. Either we take a stand to salvage America or we embrace collapse; there is no third option. Any discussion about building new political parties is secondary.

youngTXcon on April 6, 2012 at 1:11 AM

We knew all along McCain would lose. We also know that Mitt will lose as he is even worst than McCain. At least McCain had some actual conservative credentials. All Mitt has is Conservative LIES. Not a single conservative accomplishment in his life. Furthermore Mitt made it clear that he hated all Republicans in 2002 when he hijacked our ticket in Mass to run to the left of the Democrat claiming he was the best Democrat on all the issues. He proved his Democratic credentials in his highly effective implementation of Democratic principals.

How can it possibly help the GOP to run a known Democrat as our nominee? LIES do not make a Republican ACTIONS do and Mitts actions spell D E M O C R A T.

Is that clear?

Steveangell on April 6, 2012 at 1:41 AM

ok I’ll take the bait….. what kinda car ya got?

angrymike on April 6, 2012 at 1:38 AM

I’ll tell you at the chronicles..dont like to say to much personal stuff here…except..I dont think you will like it. It aint usa.

bazil9 on April 6, 2012 at 1:42 AM

Bmore, thank you for the tip, and since Mitt’s coronation is inevitable I find this fitting the occasion:

evergreenland on April 6, 2012 at 1:42 AM

PS..I like Joan Baez music..My Older sister was a huge fan..:)

Dire Straits on April 6, 2012 at 1:34 AM

I didn’t claim mine was the best, just the best between 2001 and the series yours came from. Want to know where John Williams cribbed that? Listen to the opening of “Mars, Bringer of War” from Holst’s The Planets.

de rigueur on April 6, 2012 at 1:42 AM

Bazil
you said you love your car, you didn’t say what kind of car, so…… what kind of car?

angrymike on April 6, 2012 at 1:43 AM

What a DLW…

Gohawgs on April 6, 2012 at 1:40 AM

Whats is DLW?

bazil9 on April 6, 2012 at 1:43 AM

SparkPlug on April 6, 2012 at 1:14 AM

Schadenfreude is one of the best. Learn well from him grasshopper.

Bmore on April 6, 2012 at 1:16 AM

Yep. I know. He is great. Someday I will be able to snatch the pebble from his hand and then get my own TV show.

SparkPlug on April 6, 2012 at 1:44 AM

HotGas Royalty.

What’s your secret, if you can divulge…?

ccrosby on April 6, 2012 at 1:38 AM

Who Schadenfreude? More like a true classic. ; ) And one of the first folks here to help me out with being here and being well, a little unorthodox. He didn’t mind a little individuality, as a matter of fact he insists on it. He’s right here feel free to ask him. ; )

Bmore on April 6, 2012 at 1:44 AM

Mike..a BMW.

bazil9 on April 6, 2012 at 1:44 AM

Dang, I hate it when it splits my wink. ; ) There fixed as Dire would say.

Bmore on April 6, 2012 at 1:45 AM

Ok, got ya.
A Honda ….. right?
You’d love my car……….

angrymike on April 6, 2012 at 1:45 AM

PS..I like Joan Baez music..My Older sister was a huge fan..:)

Dire Straits on April 6, 2012 at 1:34 AM

Night after night we be on the same wavelength brother. Last night I was looking at links and wanted to put Joan in the playlist but the thread got slow and I went to bed. So here:

flippin hippie lib but I have bought her music. I don’t mind the lib just don’t rub my face in it.
Funny story. She used to give a lot of free concerts for this cause and that. Then started charging for them—more and more. Now why would that be?

arnold ziffel on April 6, 2012 at 1:45 AM

Bmore on April 6, 2012 at 1:32 AM

Good one..:)

PS..I’ll go with this..:)

Dire Straits on April 6, 2012 at 1:45 AM

Schadenfreude

I dig the Sch..beware if you cross him. Glad he is on our side.

bazil9 on April 6, 2012 at 1:46 AM

evergreenland on April 6, 2012 at 1:42 AM

I love this.

Bmore on April 6, 2012 at 1:46 AM

Bazil
that’s cool, a Nazi car…….hehe

angrymike on April 6, 2012 at 1:46 AM

Whats is DLW?

bazil9 on April 6, 2012 at 1:43 AM

Dickless Wonder…

Gohawgs on April 6, 2012 at 1:46 AM

de rigueur on April 6, 2012 at 1:42 AM

LoLz..I was just picking at you..:):)

Dire Straits on April 6, 2012 at 1:47 AM

Did you call my car a Honda? Smack!

I want a Jeep Wrangler forever..but not practical.

bazil9 on April 6, 2012 at 1:47 AM

evergreenland, wait until you meet de rigueur, you two will get along well I think. Perhaps you’ve already had the pleasure. He’s here somewhere.

Bmore on April 6, 2012 at 1:48 AM

de rigueur, Nice tunes today on that volatile thread.

Bmore on April 6, 2012 at 1:49 AM

Bazil
that’s cool, a Nazi car…….hehe

angrymike on April 6, 2012 at 1:46 AM

Smack! I have been called worse in 3 years. Bring it.

The ultimate driving machine. Tis true. I have leased 16 cars in my young life and bought 2. Ford sucks.

bazil9 on April 6, 2012 at 1:49 AM

come on evergreenyland…let’s spar. I love schooling ban hammerists.

DHChron on April 6, 2012 at 1:49 AM

Good one..:)

PS..I’ll go with this..:)

Dire Straits on April 6, 2012 at 1:45 AM

You been hanging out with Cindy Munford? Classic.

Bmore on April 6, 2012 at 1:50 AM

LoLz..I was just picking at you..:):)

Dire Straits on April 6, 2012 at 1:47 AM

Just picking back :) (But it’s true– great artists don’t borrow, they steal.) I’ll switch gears. I never hear you guys play anything by my homies…

de rigueur on April 6, 2012 at 1:51 AM

Dickless Wonder…

Gohawgs on April 6, 2012 at 1:46 AM

Thanks..man..that is stupid. Can is awesome and in Canada for Christ sakes. That Ticks me off.
Thx

bazil9 on April 6, 2012 at 1:52 AM

arnold ziffel on April 6, 2012 at 1:45 AM

PS..The answer to your question is..:)

Dire Straits on April 6, 2012 at 1:52 AM

de rigueur, Nice tunes today on that volatile thread.

Bmore on April 6, 2012 at 1:49 AM

They went right back at it! So much for music soothing the savage breast… beast… you know…

de rigueur on April 6, 2012 at 1:52 AM

de rigueur on April 6, 2012 at 1:26 AM

Awesome movie. Really liked it when I saw it—73 or 74? Have you seen “Middle age crazy”– also with Bruce Dern? I think that is the title. Ann Margaret played his wife. I have thought she was hot back when I was eight and she was probably 19. I guess I have been a bad man for a long time.

arnold ziffel on April 6, 2012 at 1:52 AM

I had a Beamer Bazil…sweet car. I switched to an Acura cause the stick shift was difficult. I also had a stingray t-top but my stupid younger bro crashed it into a tree :(

DHChron on April 6, 2012 at 1:54 AM

Bazil
watch you mail.BRB

angrymike on April 6, 2012 at 1:54 AM

You been hanging out with Cindy Munford? Classic.

Bmore on April 6, 2012 at 1:50 AM

You are correct I borrowed that from Cindy Munford..:)

PS..You are also correct..It is a classic!..:)

Dire Straits on April 6, 2012 at 1:54 AM

evergreenyland is a pvss.

DHChron on April 6, 2012 at 1:56 AM

arnold ziffel on April 6, 2012 at 1:52 AM

Yeah, Dern was one crazy dude– shot John Wayne in the back!– and he was perfect in that role. My wet dream (can we say that here?), probably before I was old enough to have them, was Raquel Welch, One Million Years B. C.

And as much as I hated her politics, you’re right, Baez’s voice was amazing.

de rigueur on April 6, 2012 at 1:56 AM

de rigueur on April 6, 2012 at 1:51 AM

Great stuff..Excellent musicians!!..:)

PS..Sorry I was slow on the uptake..:):)

Dire Straits on April 6, 2012 at 1:56 AM

DHChron on April 6, 2012 at 1:54 AM

They don’t have stick anymore. I dig the Acura. Ha, just posted here the other day..with Cindy. Before I jumped the fence..dated a guy with a classic stingray. Nice.
Yep-young and dumb. Wrecked my mom’s classic VW super Beetle. :(

bazil9 on April 6, 2012 at 1:57 AM

angrymike on April 6, 2012 at 1:54 AM

Yes sir.

bazil9 on April 6, 2012 at 1:58 AM

evergreenyland is a pvss.

DHChron on April 6, 2012 at 1:56 AM

Now, now, we have to all try and get along. What you don’t like Opera? We have to try to accommodate folks as best we can. I mean really DHChron, you know to the outside world this looks like a real mess. LOL! It just shocks folks sometimes. I mean look at it. A bunch of square old Conservative cats swapping songs and carrying on at the wee hours. She loaded a tune. So there’s that. Maybe she’ll come round and see your point of view. At least give it a chance. What do ya say?

Bmore on April 6, 2012 at 2:00 AM

Bazil
I see Nazi cars run in the family……..

angrymike on April 6, 2012 at 2:01 AM

bazil9 on April 6, 2012 at 1:57 AM

you dated a guy! you should date me :) I’m a huge fan of people I love.

DHChron on April 6, 2012 at 2:01 AM

Night guys.

Be good..but not to good.~

bazil9 on April 6, 2012 at 2:01 AM

Bazil
I see Nazi cars run in the family……..

angrymike on April 6, 2012 at 2:01 AM

???

bazil9 on April 6, 2012 at 2:03 AM

Good Night bazil9, sweet dreams.

Bmore on April 6, 2012 at 2:03 AM

???

bazil9 on April 6, 2012 at 2:03 AM

The VW, I’m thinkin.

Bmore on April 6, 2012 at 2:03 AM

“President Obama is an intelligent, judicious man who can see all sides of an issue”

Whoever would say such an absurd thing must be on drugs. If they are not, they should be.

VorDaj on April 6, 2012 at 2:04 AM

PS..The answer to your question is..:)

Dire Straits on April 6, 2012 at 1:52 AM

LOL! There’s a sort of private club for magicians in Los Angeles called The Magic Castle. Restaurant, rare book library, performance parlors… sort of proving ground for new magicians. And there’s a featured “performer”: Irma the Invisible Piano Player. Piano sits in one of the parlors, and you ask it– or the invisible “Irma” a question, and immediately you get the answer played back to you as a song. Irma never misses a beat.

“Irma, how old are you?” You’ll get “The Old Grey Mare” or something like that.

“Irma, why did Joan Baez start charging for concerts?” YOU, sir, should be “Irma.”

My favorite “Irma” response was given to a very southern cousin of mine, who, tiring of all the Gay 90s responses, said, “Irma, plaay some rawck.” And Irma immediately launched into the church hymn, “Rock of Ages.”

de rigueur on April 6, 2012 at 2:04 AM

Bmore on April 6, 2012 at 2:00 AM

oh fine! evergreenyland is good with me :) I’m not one who holds grudges. I just hate the ban hammer bullshite.

Evergreenyland! My bad…I can be a huge szzhole sometimes.

DHChron on April 6, 2012 at 2:06 AM

Bazil
the VW bug was designed for Hitler. It was called the ppl’s car. That’s what VW means.

angrymike on April 6, 2012 at 2:07 AM

The VW, I’m thinkin.

Bmore on April 6, 2012 at 2:03 AM

Ah, Mike is a buddy.

I don’t like Nazi without sark tags. My Grandfathers fought them and it is personal. I’m tired. No biggie. However, Germans make the best cars and beers (ducking) Typing here, you dont here tone or sarcasm.

xo Mike. checking DHC Chrons to set someone straight on GN.

bazil9 on April 6, 2012 at 2:07 AM

Nite all.

Though I may disagree with some here I believe we are actually seeking the truth. I believe this to be good hearted debate.

Although I believe Mitt to be evil. Those that like him here may feel the opposite which is fine with me. I believe only GOD can truly judge anyone and see in their heart. We all sin every single one of us is evil in that way it is our nature. In my study of Mitts actions I feel evil such an evil it really does make me sick. But I would be the first to agree none are perfect. The last to say evil Mitt will go to hell. God will decide that only GOD.

I pray for this country and feel in my heart Mitt is the worst possible choice for this party. I am for Santorum but agree he has many problems and is also not very conservative. But I feel in his heart he is right with GOD. I do not feel that way about Mitt. I feel that Mitt is a deceiver and knowingly does wrong for sinister reasons I do not understand nor wish to understand.

But I could well be wrong. Satan can deceive even the most elect. I pray I am if he is the GOP nominee. But so far Mitt just feels like pure evil to me.

Steveangell on April 6, 2012 at 2:08 AM

Obama is, in fact, a man who is very intellectually incurious and is about as set in his ways as any other ideologue nincompoop.

VorDaj on April 6, 2012 at 2:08 AM