Nikki Haley echoes Sarah Palin: Allen West would be a “good” VP candidate

posted at 11:10 am on April 5, 2012 by Tina Korbe

While Paul Ryan’s plausibility as Mitt Romney’s running mate increases, two Mama Grizzlies push an equally attractive alternative — the irrepressible Allen West. Shortly after Sarah Palin issued generic advice to the eventual GOP nominee to “go rogue” in his selection of a vice presidential candidate, she backed that advice up with a specific mention of the Florida congressman. On Fox News Tuesday, Palin talked up West’s military experience and deep understanding of the U.S. Constitution and foreign policy.

Last night, South Carolina Republican Gov. Nikki Haley echoed Palin:

South Carolina governor Nikki Haley, a top surrogate for GOP frontrunner Mitt Romney, suggested Wednesday night that controversial Tea Party freshman Rep. Allen West (R-Fla.) could be a “good” choice as the party’s vice presidential nominee.

“You’ve got great ones. You have heard Governor Palin talked about West, and he’s good,” Haley told Fox News. “Of course, Marco Rubio is great and Chris Christie. We know he can be the fighter, and I think there are so many really great ones out there. I think Romney is going to have a hard time picking.”

The vice presidential talent pool really is deep. West, Rubio, Ryan. Republican governors like Virginia’s Bob McDonnell, Nevada’s Brian Sandoval, New Mexico’s Susana Martinez, etc., etc.

Haley has counted herself out, and it’s hard to think Chris Christie or anybody who could have chased the presidential nomination himself would want to take part in a national campaign now anyway — but you never know.

West appeals to me less as a vice presidential candidate than Paul Ryan does, though. His fiery brand of rhetoric works where he is now, but it might not be as effective on the campaign trail, where it would be spliced into sound bites and tossed into attack ads. Conservatives are looking for an impassioned counterpart to Mitt Romney, but passion isn’t reducible to a willingness to speak frankly. Ryan’s deep commitment to bold ideas has been a powerful force in Congress and it would be a powerful force on the campaign trail, too.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Bottom line for you Obama-loving America-hating bastards…

Happy Nomad on April 5, 2012 at 12:39 PM

My, aren’t you rational? I voted for McCain in 2008, and I will not vote for Obama this year, so try to explain, without foaming at the mouth, how I love Obama.

MadisonConservative on April 5, 2012 at 12:45 PM

You have no right not to be offended.

MadisonConservative on April 5, 2012 at 12:31 PM

Huh?

Happy Nomad on April 5, 2012 at 12:39 PM

Why am I not surprised that this concept confuses you?

MadisonConservative on April 5, 2012 at 12:46 PM

Buckshot Bill on April 5, 2012 at 12:41 PM

I hope he stays here, his passion is inspiring.

Cindy Munford on April 5, 2012 at 12:46 PM

So you are going to support Obama since you hate Romney? Pretty effing stupid.

Happy Nomad on April 5, 2012 at 11:17 AM
I’ll repeat what I said yesterday:

So goddamned sick of this. No. Let me spell it out for you.

A vote for Romney is a vote for Romney.
A vote for Obama is a vote for Obama.

A vote for neither is:

A vote for Romney, if you’re an Obama supporter.
A vote for Obama, if you’re a Romney supporter.

In other words, it’s neither. So shut up with this stupid bullying union thug-style bulls**t. You all should be ashamed of yourselves for parroting this political intimidation tactic.

MadisonConservative on April 5, 2012 at 11:52 AM

You didn’t do well in Math as a student, did you?

What is you occupation? Are you an Engineer with a Bachelor of Science degree? Yeah – I’m guessing you aren’t either.

Here’s how MATH works in a “Two-Party” sytem:

A vote for the GOP Nominee – is a vote for a Conservative Presidency and Executive Branch.

A vote for ANYONE Else – is a vote for Obama.

“Staying Home” and NOT Voting for the GOP Nominee – increases the relative percentage of votes that Obama receives – so essentially, THAT is a vote for Obama.

DO THE MATH!!

williamg on April 5, 2012 at 12:47 PM

MadCon…..your about to be kicked out of the “new and improved republican party”

pacificcon on April 5, 2012 at 12:48 PM

The Honey Badger on April 5, 2012 at 12:38 PM

I completely understand and I don’t blame a single conservative for voting for Romney. However, I held my nose in 2008, and it’s the last time I shall do so. I’m not going to vote in moderate candidates just so they can further our problems and just end up making the electorate decide to give the Democrats another chance next term. I want honest conservatism in the executive branch, and Mitt Romney is neither honest nor conservative.

At the same time, if Romney somehow ends up being the next Reagan, I’m ready for all the taunts and insults over the fact that I didn’t support him. Either way, I’m not taking responsibility for his decisions, because I don’t trust him, rightly or wrongly.

MadisonConservative on April 5, 2012 at 12:49 PM

Abuse captives?

KeninCT on April 5, 2012 at 12:44 PM

Every day, all day long if it saves AMERICAN lives.

We Americans get that, LibTard.

The Honey Badger on April 5, 2012 at 12:49 PM

DO THE MATH!!

williamg on April 5, 2012 at 12:47 PM

I don’t argue with the “I’m NOT voting for Romney” crowd. I believe at the end of the day they will in fact vote for Romney anyway.

VegasRick on April 5, 2012 at 12:49 PM

Not voting for Gov. Romney does not equate hate.

Cindy Munford on April 5, 2012 at 12:40 PM

Sure it does. Idiots who vow that Obama would be better than [fill in whatever candidate they hate] are in actuality saying that they hate America as we know it. It really is that black and white.

If you would prefer to post at RomneyIsAwsome.com be our guest.

Buckshot Bill on April 5, 2012 at 12:41 PM

If you look, you’ll see I’m in no single camp. I see flaws in all the candidates. I also see no point in this constant whining from the Romney haters since there really does not appear to be any reasonable alternative or more likely outcome than Romney as the nominee. It is a time for these individuals to either come around to supporting the GOP candidate over Obama or to shut up. It serves no purpose other than supporting Obama to have to put up with eight more months of reading just how much Romney sucks and how much they are going to enjoy staying home, watching the destruction of America, and constantly posting “told ya so.”

Happy Nomad on April 5, 2012 at 12:50 PM

williamg on April 5, 2012 at 12:47 PM

Mitt Romney is not conservative. Nor was John McCain. You’re conflating the GOP with conservative ideology. George Bush demonstrated that they are not the same.

MadisonConservative on April 5, 2012 at 12:50 PM

Undisciplined.

KeninCT on April 5, 2012 at 12:51 PM

And I mean it. I consider anybody who directly or indirectly supports Obama is the enemy. I care about this nation’s future far too much to be passive when I read the crap that comes from those of your disreputable ilk.

Happy Nomad on April 5, 2012 at 12:39 PM

Happy Nomad doesn’t sound to happy…

Too bad, so sad..:(

idesign on April 5, 2012 at 12:51 PM

williamg on April 5, 2012 at 12:47 PM

And by the way, pal…I was a Computer Science major. Yes, I’m rather good at math. Once again:

Obama supporters will tell you that a vote for neither is a vote for Romney.

Romney supporters will tell you that a vote for neither is a vote for Obama.

Do the math. You can’t both be right.

MadisonConservative on April 5, 2012 at 12:52 PM

A conservative VP pick would only work against Romney as it would further highlight how liberal he is. By pushing Romney, the GOP establishment has made it clear that only liberals need apply in this election cycle.

Pork-Chop on April 5, 2012 at 12:52 PM

Abuse captives?

KeninCT on April 5, 2012 at 12:44 PM

You abuse members of DesperateForADate.com by posting your pic.

Go pound sand, troll.

VibrioCocci on April 5, 2012 at 12:53 PM

$5,000 fine.

KeninCT on April 5, 2012 at 12:53 PM

Why am I not surprised that this concept confuses you?

MadisonConservative on April 5, 2012 at 12:46 PM

Because you are too much of an idiot to understand that a double negative is not clear English. If I no right not to be offended, what are you really trying to say.

Happy Nomad on April 5, 2012 at 12:54 PM

The bottom line is, Romney is the Republican Nominee.

So, if you are a real Republican, then you will vote for Romney in November.

Any so called “Republican” that doesn’t vote for Romney in November, is a RINO. PERIOD!!

Gunlock Bill on April 5, 2012 at 12:55 PM

I’ll gladly vote for a Romney/Ryan ticket if it comes to that, but doubt that will be the line-up. It would be nice if “diversity” of ethnicity & geography didn’t matter, but in voting booths and electoral votes it actually does have an impact.

I think Obama’s camp is going to use the “race card” early and often. It would be very hard for the GOP to defeat him with a Mass. white male & Wisconsin white male, IMO, regardless of ideology.

West would be better IMO, but doubt it will happen.

I think Romney will be looking South or West for geographic balance, and it is unlikely the VP candidate will be a white male of European ancestry.

I hope Romney will go more conservative for his running mate than his own record, but don’t expect him to go for West.

Just my $0.02.

cs89 on April 5, 2012 at 12:57 PM

It will be McDonnell from Virginia. Romney needs that state to win. I don’t think West can deliver Florida to Romney.

Doomberg on April 5, 2012 at 12:05 PM

Virginia is not the fulcrum point for a GOP electoral win. If Mitt needs any help winning Virginia, the election is already over. Same thing with Florida for that matter. Florida should be a 2-4% victory and Virginia a 4-6% win organically, without any VP pick enhancements, otherwise no GOP nominee would have a chance.

VP choices for electoral math purposes rarely help and if you are going to look for help in making a VP pick, it better be in Ohio, PA, Wisconsin, New Mexico. Anywhere else and you are playing in territory where you should already have locked in wins.

If Mitt picks someone who won’t offend suburban social moderates in Philadelphia, he will win Pennsylvania.

ak90049 on April 5, 2012 at 12:58 PM

Happy Nomad on April 5, 2012 at 12:50 PM

There is nothing wrong with people telling their honest opinions about Romney. And if they don’t like him, there is no reason they should have to “shut up” about it either, even during the General. You should try to form an argument in favor of Romney, in hopes of convincing the conservatives to support him, not continue to drive the conservatives away from him.

You aren’t helping Romney win in November.

Buckshot Bill on April 5, 2012 at 12:58 PM

Allen West should go back to where he came from.

He voted to raise the debt ceiling.
He voted to continue the fraudulent Pigford payouts.
He has told citizens to “shut your mouth” (yes, how dare we criticize our government).
His letter to Wasserman-Schulz was disgraceful and beneath his office.

He is an embarrassment to his constituents and to the House.

Dante on April 5, 2012 at 12:58 PM

DO THE MATH!!

williamg on April 5, 2012 at 12:47 PM

Higher math, like you present here, is too difficult for ABRtards.

Gunlock Bill on April 5, 2012 at 12:59 PM

Happy Nomad on April 5, 2012 at 12:54 PM

Hey Happy, take a chill pill..:)

idesign on April 5, 2012 at 12:59 PM

Undisciplined.

KeninCT on April 5, 2012 at 12:51 PM

Actually, it’s the opposite. He was incredibly disciplined to analyze the situation in an extremely hot situation and do the right thing to save American lives.

Since you LibTards were all in AmeriCorps while us Americans were in the Armed Forces, we understand why you don’t get it.

I can’t equate that the life of an Islamoterrorist nut-job is worth the same as an American.

Never will.

But keep spewing – even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Which is twice more than you!

The Honey Badger on April 5, 2012 at 1:00 PM

West sounds great to me. Or Palin. Or Rubio.

DaMav on April 5, 2012 at 1:00 PM

Anyone but Obama.

I’m sorry but not one American is better off now than they were four years ago. Not one child or future child yet understands what this administration has done to their economic opportunities and future life.
Happy Nomad on April 5, 2012 at 12:25 PM

Actually, unfortunately, there is a segment of America that is better off-Obama bundlers. It seems like that investment has paid off about 500 to 1. The rest of us, however, are screwed-and will be even worse off if Obama is re-elected. It’s a shame that there weren’t better candidates willing to face Obama, but Mitt’s the best shot at this point. A third party candidate will not win.

Mitt’s not perfect, but I’m sure if he’s elected we will have a budget, cut the rate of growth of spending (in my fantasies we cut spending, but that is probably a fantasy), reform entitlements, reduce government regulation (hopefully spurring job growth) and improve our energy policy. Most of the foreign relations issues are lost causes, but Romney would clearly be better than Obama at addressing the deficit.

Anyone but Obama 2012-we can’t afford 4 more years.

talkingpoints on April 5, 2012 at 1:00 PM

ak90049 on April 5, 2012 at 12:58 PM

Right now, the most recent state polling show Obama beating Romney in VA and FL. He needs all the help he can get, if he expects to pick up these states. Florida and Ohio appear to be absolute must wins for the GOP. It is almost impossible for Romney to win without either of these.

Buckshot Bill on April 5, 2012 at 1:01 PM

MadisonConservative on April 5, 2012 at 12:49 PM

All the snot being thrown by the Romneybots has caused me to reflect back to what a lot of posters at HA said after the last cycle. Words to the effect of:

I’m not going to let the GOP establishment shove another squish down my throat.
I’m not going to vote for RINOS because they won’t vote for Conservatives.
I’m not going to forget my principles when I cast my vote.

blah, blah, blah

And here we are once again – being expected to vote for a guy that many feel has only a fleeting relationship with Conservative principles, a man whose main goal in life seems to have been working toward becoming POTUS, a man who is bland andboring enough to drive a person to tears, a man that many don’t trust to not abandon conservative positions if he gets elected.

And we’re being told our vote is the one installing BO in office to oversee the final destruction of the nation. Oh and we’re haters because we think he is a crappy candidate?.

katiejane on April 5, 2012 at 1:01 PM

Happy Nomad on April 5, 2012 at 12:54 PM

Since you’re claiming I’m the idiot, let me simplify what I said because you’re not smart enough to understand it:

You don’t want to be offended. Hence, you want to “not be offended”.

You have no right to that. Hence, you have no right “not to be offended”. Life offends people every day in every way. Grow up and deal with it, and stop fantasizing about silencing those who offend you. That’s what liberals do. And, apparently…at least one Romney supporter. Funny, that.

MadisonConservative on April 5, 2012 at 1:01 PM

Breaking News: Eric Holder’s letter to the fifth circuit is out…

d1carter on April 5, 2012 at 1:02 PM

The bottom line is, Romney is the Republican Nominee.

So, if you are a real Republican, then you will vote for Romney in November.

Gunlock Bill on April 5, 2012 at 12:55 PM

Many of us left the Republican party several years ago. We are conservatives first.

Buckshot Bill on April 5, 2012 at 1:04 PM

Oh and we’re haters because we think he is a crappy candidate?.

katiejane on April 5, 2012 at 1:01 PM

Yep. It’s never a matter of “you don’t support my candidate”, “you don’t agree with my candidate”, or “you don’t like my candidate”.

It’s “you HATE my candidate!”.

NO H8, just like Meghan McCain. Huh. McCain. Funny, that. She would have been the president’s daughter if he won. Think about that.

MadisonConservative on April 5, 2012 at 1:04 PM

Pork-Chop on April 5, 2012 at 12:52 PM

Which may be the GOP’s last chance as a legitimate party of opposition. Their behavior in forcing upon us another quasi-liberal, and openly dissing the social cons, they may find they can no long use many as vote-bait. Their is one thing worst than a thrid party and that is a stay at home party. You can only fight genuine heart attack fears with cancer causing drugs for so long before you snuff out the patient.

Don L on April 5, 2012 at 1:04 PM

Happy Nomad on April 5, 2012 at 12:50 PM

Look, I understand your worries. I vacillate between worrying about what Obama, unfettered by reelection and media approval, will do and then believing in our system that wouldn’t allow one man to be the downfall. I just don’t think that insulting people who’s votes you want is a winning strategy.

Cindy Munford on April 5, 2012 at 1:06 PM

Shown the door.

KeninCT on April 5, 2012 at 1:06 PM

Buckshot Bill on April 5, 2012 at 1:01 PM

Blah, blah, blah.

And Rasmussen Daily Tracking Poll has Romney over Obama by 2 nationwide.

Polls at this point aren’t very useful in predicting what will happen in November.

But don’t let me rain on your delusion parade.

Gunlock Bill on April 5, 2012 at 1:08 PM

Buckshot Bill on April 5, 2012 at 1:04 PM

Conservatives vote for Obama?

Who knew?

Gunlock Bill on April 5, 2012 at 1:09 PM

Blah, blah, blah.

And Rasmussen Daily Tracking Poll has Romney over Obama by 2 nationwide.

But don’t let me rain on your delusion parade.

Gunlock Bill on April 5, 2012 at 1:08 PM

How are those swing state polls looking?

liberal4life on April 5, 2012 at 1:10 PM

Gunlock Bill on April 5, 2012 at 1:08 PM

So, do you think Romney will pick up Florida and Virginia? And why?

Buckshot Bill on April 5, 2012 at 1:10 PM

You aren’t helping Romney win in November.

Buckshot Bill on April 5, 2012 at 12:58 PM

Oh, the ideological pure “conservatives” are walking away on their own accord for reasons that I can not understand and I agree with some of their concerns up to a point.

Bottom line, I can sum up why they should vote for Romney in one short sentence. Romney isn’t Obama. I can appreciate that Madisonconservative and others of the same ilk think that Obama and Romney are the same but that really isn’t true. The very idea that Obama will get four more years to appoint justices to the SCOTUS alone should give the Romney-haters enough reason to reconsider their unreasonable vexation of having to vote for a pro-choicer, grandfather of Romneycare, Mormon, or whatever it is about Romney that causes such irrational hatred.

BTW, I don’t buy into the idea that after voting for McCain and not liking it is good enough reason for the Romney haters to sit on the sidelines and sulk. Voting is a civic duty and whatever candidate folks like Madisonconservative want is not likely to be on the ballot. I don’t agree with concept that “not voting” is sending a message because there are other candidates on the ballot.

Happy Nomad on April 5, 2012 at 1:11 PM

Buckshot Bill on April 5, 2012 at 1:04 PM

BTW, if you are no longer a Republican, WHY do you care who they nominate?

Gunlock Bill on April 5, 2012 at 1:11 PM

How are those swing state polls looking?

liberal4life on April 5, 2012 at 1:10 PM

Pretty good,

…from your point of view.

Buckshot Bill on April 5, 2012 at 1:11 PM

Abuse captives?

KeninCT on April 5, 2012 at 12:44 PM

You really shouldn’t It will go against you at your trial.

katy the mean old lady on April 5, 2012 at 1:13 PM

We are conservatives first.

Agreed, but the clear default behavior of the GOP elite and the fiscal con/libertarian wing of the party, makes me clearly define which type of conservative I am.

I am, in the following order: social con(God, family, family values, pro-life, rights from God only, and -freedom loving conservative, who is exactly as strong a fiscal conservative (principle of susidiarity) as anyone.

I find no room in the GOP anymore-among the spitting and snarling money folks, a who openly oppose that which I hold dear.

Don L on April 5, 2012 at 1:13 PM

Happy Nomad on April 5, 2012 at 1:11 PM

Why should a conservative vote FOR Romney?

Buckshot Bill on April 5, 2012 at 1:13 PM

Happy Nomad on April 5, 2012 at 1:11 PM

The real problem is that deep down inside they KNOW Romney and Obama are not the same. Engaging in self delusion isn’t healthful for them.

Gunlock Bill on April 5, 2012 at 1:13 PM

Two white males will not be on ticket.
It will re-enforce what everyone thinks about the republican party.

liberal4life on April 5, 2012 at 11:35 AM

Does 1 1/2 white males on the ticket re-enforce what everyone thinks about the democrat party? Geez, the depth of your thinking is awesome!

NOMOBO on April 5, 2012 at 1:14 PM

katy the mean old lady on April 5, 2012 at 1:13 PM

LOL! :)

Buckshot Bill on April 5, 2012 at 1:14 PM

Undisciplined.

KeninCT on April 5, 2012 at 12:51 PM

I’m quite sure you have no idea what it means when your life is literally in the hands of your CO (that would be Commanding Officer to you) in a live or die situation. Every CO I served under fully understood the responsibility of their actions and the consequences of a wrong or bad decision. What Colonel West did (what you call “undisciplined”) undoubtedly saved lives… lives of people who through their actions, permit you to submit your view on this board.

The difference between Col. West and your one-word characterization of him is that Col. West turned himself in. The undisciplined man doesn’t have the courage to take responsibility for his own actions and face its consequences… nor is he generally concerned about anyone but himself. But I wouldn’t expect you to understand that.

The Honey Badger on April 5, 2012 at 1:00 PM

VietVet_Dave on April 5, 2012 at 1:15 PM

Why should a conservative vote FOR Romney?

Buckshot Bill on April 5, 2012 at 1:13 PM

Because he is the MOST conservative of ALL possible victors.

Deep down inside, you KNOW this.

Gunlock Bill on April 5, 2012 at 1:15 PM

Buckshot Bill on April 5, 2012 at 1:04 PM You might need to explain that.I don’t think they understand that kind thinking.

pacificcon on April 5, 2012 at 1:16 PM

“of”

pacificcon on April 5, 2012 at 1:17 PM

Gunlock Bill on April 5, 2012 at 1:15 PM

Not if I write in Palin. Besides, Romney is just a little LESS liberal than Obama; he isn’t MORE conservative than anyone.

Buckshot Bill on April 5, 2012 at 1:17 PM

Happy Nomad on April 5, 2012 at 12:25 PM

I’ll bet the children of Solyndra executives are doing quite well.

The Honey Badger on April 5, 2012 at 1:17 PM

Cindy Munford on April 5, 2012 at 1:06 PM

We will see how that works out for Obama in the upcoming SCOTUS ruling.

And for the record, my intent was not to insult the Romney-haters but to chide them for being so deranged that they would rather throw a tantrum than support somebody other than Obama. I’m sorry Obama and Romney are not the same candidate and this election is too important to have a camp constantly posting how much they hate Romney. There isn’t going to be some magic moment where they get whoever is ideologically pure enough that they will cease with the hissy fit and support the GOP nominee. There are way too many important issues and things to do between now and November to bother with people who avow they are not even going to vote!

Happy Nomad on April 5, 2012 at 1:17 PM

Irrational.

KeninCT on April 5, 2012 at 1:17 PM

I’ll bet the children of Solyndra executives are doing quite well.

The Honey Badger on April 5, 2012 at 1:17 PM

Fair enough! :(

Happy Nomad on April 5, 2012 at 1:18 PM

NOMOBO on April 5, 2012 at 1:14 PM

The era of all white male ticket is over.

DEAL WITH IT

liberal4life on April 5, 2012 at 1:19 PM

pacificcon on April 5, 2012 at 1:16 PM

I’m getting the impression they’ve never heard the word “Conservative” before. Must be one of those fly-over state words, like “Integrity” and “Principles”. :)

Buckshot Bill on April 5, 2012 at 1:19 PM

Because he is the MOST conservative of ALL possible victors.

Gunlock Bill on April 5, 2012 at 1:15 PM

When the most conservative candidate is a person who spent a decade convincing people that they weren’t conservative, then the system is f**king broken.

MadisonConservative on April 5, 2012 at 1:20 PM

Here’s how MATH works in a “Two-Party” sytem:

A vote for ANYONE Else – is a vote for Obama.

DO THE MATH!!

williamg on April 5, 2012 at 12:47 PM

We don’t have a two-party system.

Dante on April 5, 2012 at 1:20 PM

Irrational.

KeninCT on April 5, 2012 at 1:17 PM

That’s not going to be a legal defense for you.

katy the mean old lady on April 5, 2012 at 1:20 PM

Not if I write in Palin.

Palin, as much as I like her, is NOT on the list of possible victors.

Buckshot Bill on April 5, 2012 at 1:17 PM

That is a stupid statement.

Romney is FAR less liberal than Obama. And being “LESS liberal” is equivalent to being “MORE conservative”. But then again, math is hard for ABRtards.

Gunlock Bill on April 5, 2012 at 1:21 PM

We will see how that works out for Obama in the upcoming SCOTUS ruling.

Happy Nomad on April 5, 2012 at 1:17 PM

You are really bad at not insulting people. :)

Buckshot Bill on April 5, 2012 at 1:21 PM

Fair enough! :(

Happy Nomad on April 5, 2012 at 1:18 PM

Sorry, I had to!

The Honey Badger on April 5, 2012 at 1:22 PM

Gunlock Bill on April 5, 2012 at 1:21 PM

An inanimate carbon rod is less liberal than Obama, but it isn’t more conservative. It is a better candidate to run than Romney though. I could vote for an inanimate carbon rod.

Buckshot Bill on April 5, 2012 at 1:23 PM

MadisonConservative on April 5, 2012 at 1:20 PM

That may be, BUT!!!!

it is STILL the best system in the world.

Gunlock Bill on April 5, 2012 at 1:23 PM

Happy Nomad on April 5, 2012 at 1:11 PM

Voting FOR someone may be a civic duty but voting ABO is no better than not voting. If someone feels that the pros & cons of both candidates are pretty much even not voting is a valid way of expressing one’s displeasure at their party. People also may vote for valid candidates down ticket – a ballot doesn’t require that all offices are voted.

katiejane on April 5, 2012 at 1:24 PM

That may be, BUT!!!!

it is STILL the best system in the world.

Gunlock Bill on April 5, 2012 at 1:23 PM

When you’re asked to choose between a baseball bat to the face and a baseball bat to the groin, do you never stop and wonder how you came to have to make such a decision, and whether it’s better not to make that choice?

MadisonConservative on April 5, 2012 at 1:24 PM

Still having trouble with the math I see.

Buckshot Bill on April 5, 2012 at 1:23 PM

An “inanimate carbon rod” is not on the list of possible victors either.

Gunlock Bill on April 5, 2012 at 1:26 PM

Gunlock Bill on April 5, 2012 at 12:59 PM

Hey, piece of sh*t, stop using your invented word ABRards! Your using the word retarded to make a point. This word you have used at least 50 times. I have already numerous times told you it’s special needs, the word retarded is an insult to those special needs people!

I know you mittbots have no class, but to all you rombot’s who have a conscience at least let this moron Gunlock Bill know that it’s not alright to pick on special needs people.

Danielvito on April 5, 2012 at 1:29 PM

MadisonConservative on April 5, 2012 at 1:24 PM

I must agree with your anaysis, even if we differ on execution.

I’d pick the bat to the face, but that’s just me – my groin is way too precious to me!

The Honey Badger on April 5, 2012 at 1:29 PM

MadisonConservative on April 5, 2012 at 1:24 PM

If you don’t like it here, you could always move to another country.

Or, you could support the destruction of this country by,

1) Voting for Obama outright.

2) Vote for a third party candidate.

3) Stay home and whine.

Your choice.

Gunlock Bill on April 5, 2012 at 1:30 PM

I’m getting the impression that the Romney supporters are getting annoyed that the conservatives who have spent the past 4 years saying McCain was the last, final Rino they would ever vote for, are in fact, not going to support this years Rino.

It’s as if they just ignored the conservatives, expecting them to “come around” once Romney had the nomination wrapped up. And now are finally figuring out that the conservatives weren’t just blowing smoke, but are actually done supporting liberal Rino Republican candidates.

Oh well, it’s not like they didn’t get plenty of warning ahead of time. They made this lumpy bed, they can sleep in it.

Buckshot Bill on April 5, 2012 at 1:30 PM

3) Stay home and whine.

Gunlock Bill on April 5, 2012 at 1:30 PM

You know who I see whining? Romney supporters. Maybe you could try giving us a reason to vote for Romney, rather than whining that we haven’t made up our own.

MadisonConservative on April 5, 2012 at 1:31 PM

Happy Nomad on April 5, 2012 at 1:17 PM

I bet they will vote down ticket. I doubt most of the people who plan not to vote for president hate Gov. Romney but are just tired of the candidates that the Republicans keep offering. It just seems that there should be a more stark difference than government is the answer.

Cindy Munford on April 5, 2012 at 1:31 PM

Danielvito on April 5, 2012 at 1:29 PM

Go upstairs and have your mommy get you some milk and cookies. You will feel better.

Gunlock Bill on April 5, 2012 at 1:31 PM

If you don’t like it here, you could always move to another country.

Gunlock Bill on April 5, 2012 at 1:30 PM

Oh, and this is classic.

If you don’t vote for Romney, get the f**k out of my country.

Awesome. It’s like there’s no such thing as liberals and conservatives anymore, but simply bullies and non-bullies.

MadisonConservative on April 5, 2012 at 1:32 PM

An “inanimate carbon rod” is not on the list of possible victors either.

Gunlock Bill on April 5, 2012 at 1:26 PM

But an etch-a-sketch is..:)

idesign on April 5, 2012 at 1:32 PM

If you don’t like it here, you could always move to another country.

Or, you could support the destruction of this country by,

1) Voting for Obama outright.

2) Vote for a third party candidate.

3) Stay home and whine.

Your choice.

Gunlock Bill on April 5, 2012 at 1:30 PM

Another one who has a wall around his brain.

Dante on April 5, 2012 at 1:32 PM

You know who I see whining?

YUP!!!

ABRtards, other Romney haters and LIBtards.

MadisonConservative on April 5, 2012 at 1:31 PM

Why should I repeat what has already been told to you? You didn’t listen the first second third fourth fifth time.

Gunlock Bill on April 5, 2012 at 1:34 PM

Romney/Gore

Schadenfreude on April 5, 2012 at 1:34 PM

The era of all white male ticket is over.

DEAL WITH IT

liberal4life on April 5, 2012 at 1:19 PM

One day in the future we’ll finally come around to not worrying about skin color or gender but the content of character.

Some guy named Martin Luther King thought so anyway.

itsspideyman on April 5, 2012 at 1:35 PM

ABRtards

Gunlock Bill on April 5, 2012 at 1:34 PM

Romney supporters. Winning friends and influencing people every day.

MadisonConservative on April 5, 2012 at 1:35 PM

Gunlock Bill on April 5, 2012 at 1:31 PM

If I could ever get my hands on you I would tear heart out and feed it to my dog!

You will burn in hell!!!

Danielvito on April 5, 2012 at 1:36 PM

If you don’t vote for Romney, get the f**k out of my country.

MadisonConservative on April 5, 2012 at 1:32 PM

LOL!!!!!!

Nice straw man construction project you got going there. Let me know how that works out for you.

LOL!!!!

Gunlock Bill on April 5, 2012 at 1:36 PM

But an etch-a-sketch is..:)

idesign on April 5, 2012 at 1:32 PM

Is it wrong to say that an Etch-a-Sketch is a better candidate than Romney? At least the Etch-a-Sketch does its job well, and it creates genuine fun and enjoyment.

Legos would be even better, of course.

Buckshot Bill on April 5, 2012 at 1:36 PM

The era of all white male ticket is over.

DEAL WITH IT

liberal4life on April 5, 2012 at 1:19 PM

Yeah! No more Kerry/Edwards. Or Gore/Lieberman. Or Clinton/Gore. Or…

MadisonConservative on April 5, 2012 at 1:36 PM

katiejane on April 5, 2012 at 1:24 PM

Well, thank you for the lecture but I wasn’t referring to those who want to hand Obama a second-term out of spite but still show up to vote. I was referring to those who have vowed to “stay home” on election day because seeing America destroyed is far better than voting in a Moron (or whatever the reason for their hatred).

But let me point something out to you. If somebody goes through an election process this long and still thinks “there is no difference” between two candidates really isn’t paying attention or they are single issue voters (which is worse). It would be wrong to blindly vote ABO but that isn’t the same thing as not voting for either just because you don’t like either. Voting is the civic duty, sending a message to the party or parties is something you do during the primaries, by your checkbook, or other ways. On election eve, one of the candidates will be elected President. The time for messages to the GOP or DNC is long past and long in the future at that point.

Happy Nomad on April 5, 2012 at 1:37 PM

Gunlock Bill on April 5, 2012 at 1:36 PM

You’re attacking me for not supporting Romney, and you suggested I leave the country if I don’t want to vote for him. What other conclusion am I to arrive at, numbnuts?

MadisonConservative on April 5, 2012 at 1:38 PM

You will burn in hell!!!

Danielvito on April 5, 2012 at 1:36 PM

LOL!!!

Miss vita,

Your threats of hell are vapid and vacuous.

Gunlock Bill on April 5, 2012 at 1:39 PM

Buckshot Bill on April 5, 2012 at 1:36 PM

That is what we have Joe Biden for.

Happy Nomad on April 5, 2012 at 1:39 PM

Cindy Munford on April 5, 2012 at 1:31 PM

I’ll just write in Palin for President and focus on the Senate seat up here in MO. Claire McCaskill is going down.

Buckshot Bill on April 5, 2012 at 1:39 PM

Schadenfreude on April 5, 2012 at 1:34 PM

You’re killing me.

Cindy Munford on April 5, 2012 at 1:40 PM

Claire McCaskill is going down.

Buckshot Bill on April 5, 2012 at 1:39 PM

Now that’s a reason to break out the pom poms!!!

Cindy Munford on April 5, 2012 at 1:40 PM

Buckshot Bill on April 5, 2012 at 1:30 PM

Yup, it should have been stopped at the beginning. Instead we have 2008 all over again. No way will anyone shove this loser down my throat. I’ll be voting down ticket.

katy the mean old lady on April 5, 2012 at 1:41 PM

Happy Nomad on April 5, 2012 at 12:54 PM

I love HotAir for it’s grammar courses.

portlandon on April 5, 2012 at 1:42 PM

Buckshot Bill on April 5, 2012 at 1:39 PM

You’re not alone..:)

idesign on April 5, 2012 at 1:42 PM

katy the mean old lady on April 5, 2012 at 1:41 PM

Now that’s just ridiculous, comparing this election to last election. Next you’re going to suggest that Romney ran last time and los…wait.

MadisonConservative on April 5, 2012 at 1:42 PM