Sad video confirmation: Obama’s speechwriters just phoning it in now

posted at 5:45 pm on April 4, 2012 by Allahpundit

Paul Ryan told ABC yesterday when they asked him about O’s latest smear job that he’s “become accustomed to this kind of rhetoric from the president,” but wait until you see this. He didn’t know the half of it. Look at it this way, though: There are only so many ways to accuse House Republicans of hating sick people and disabled kids. If you’ve got a paragraph on point, why not just copy/paste that sucker in there and check the “Paul Ryan wants to kill grandma” box? Obama himself has obviously stopped paying attention to his own demagoguery or else he would have caught this recycling in draft and demanded a rewrite. The media apparently isn’t paying much attention either because this clip from the RNC oppo team is the first we’ve heard of O’s repetition.

Maybe he’s been giving the same three speeches since 2009 and nobody’s noticed because we’ve all tuned him out. Time to start running the transcripts through one of those draft-comparison software programs. Just from memory, I recall roughly eight thousand separate iterations of “if you like your plan, you can keep your plan.” Which, as it turns out, you can’t.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

If Obama is standing alone in the middle of the forest and there’s no one around to hear him repeat himself, does anyone really give a crap?

Dandapani on April 4, 2012 at 7:10 PM

Slowly the public is becoming aware of this sham. Along with the two stuttering remarks on both videos at the same comment. Very good training on Obamas part.

mixplix on April 4, 2012 at 7:11 PM

LOL Bamster… getting a little messy with rememering your lines there.

Daikokuco on April 4, 2012 at 7:12 PM

It would be awesome if someone could do that to Obama.

talkingpoints on April 4, 2012 at 6:57 PM

It would be even better if they uploaded Nixon’s resignation speech. Who here would not be moved to tears to hear President Obama utter, preferably on national TV, the immortal words “I shall resign the Presidency effective at noon tomorrow”?

I’m getting misty-eyed just thinking about it.

malclave on April 4, 2012 at 7:13 PM

Well played reince!

rubberneck on April 4, 2012 at 7:13 PM

It’s funny because he pauses and stammers at the same points.

Spliff Menendez on April 4, 2012 at 7:16 PM

If you like my cliches, you can keep my cliches.

Obama 2012- Mope and Strange.

profitsbeard on April 4, 2012 at 7:18 PM

Obama is a flaming retard.

And he is burning this country down.

Sherman1864 on April 4, 2012 at 7:21 PM

Like the funny vid from the Danish broadcaster. All those little countries “punching above their weight”!

PattyJ on April 4, 2012 at 7:21 PM

0bama knows he will be running against another liberal, thus he has decided to out liberal the GOP liberals.

It worked against Mclame. It will work against Romneycare Sketchy too.

DannoJyd on April 4, 2012 at 7:21 PM

Back when Obama and Deval Patrick were saying the exact same things which someone else wrote for them to say, I labeled them the “Milli Vanilli” of politics. And girl…you know it’s true!

OxyCon on April 4, 2012 at 7:28 PM

Fourth greatest B+ President, evah!

WordsMatter on April 4, 2012 at 7:31 PM

Barack Obama, The Man of a Thousand Excuses, and just as many lies.

VorDaj on April 4, 2012 at 6:34 PM

But apparently only one speech….

ProfShadow on April 4, 2012 at 7:32 PM

Forgive me if this question has been asked already: Did we taxpayers pay this speechwriter twice?

Buy Danish on April 4, 2012 at 7:32 PM

“Isolate your target and destroy it?” Who would have guessed that he memorized that book dedicated to Lucifer so well?
Unfortunately, the fiscal right doesn’t yet get that they fully believe in Lucifer (Oh yeah-and God)

Why else would the political left have as their long term goal to pervert religion (forget that salvation stuff -we want social justice)destroy the family, pervert the culture with sex etc. That’s the way they intendd to take down America , and one would have to agree that they’ve largely succeeded.

In other words -become social liberals.

Don L on April 4, 2012 at 7:36 PM

Incredibly stupid political ad. If that’s the best GOP.com, presumably RNC, can do, Republicans will certainly get wiped out in election 2012.

Every politician gives stump speech that’s the same over and over. You can do an ad like this for 100% of politicians.

I loathe Obama and his cheap rhetoric, empty platitudes, zero content, all partisanship-all the time, phoney accent and dropped g’s, preacher cadences, ridiculous facial expressions, etc., etc. Cannot stand to watch him and only watched this thing thinking it would be a good put down of the fraudulent narcissist. It stinks.

livetsown on April 4, 2012 at 7:39 PM

Heck, this isn’t news. Obama recycled his stimulus talking points (money for roads and bridges, yada yada yada) last fall in his “Pass this bill now” speech. Cut and paste is S.O.P in this administraion.

Bitter Clinger on April 4, 2012 at 7:42 PM

Obviously he has learned to ad lib a word or two here and there instead of reading from the teleprompter verbatim. Good for him! Maybe if he gets another four years, he may be able to complete an entire sentence on his own.

Glenn Jericho on April 4, 2012 at 7:43 PM

Cut and paste is S.O.P in this administraion.

Bitter Clinger on April 4, 2012 at 7:42 PM

Yeah, plus he cuts and pastes from Bill Ayers all the time, so it’s same old, same old.

Buy Danish on April 4, 2012 at 7:45 PM

MAKE THIS VID GO VIRAL PEOPLE. TWEET. E-MAIL. WHATEVER. MAKE IT HAPPEN.

sbvft contributor on April 4, 2012 at 7:45 PM

Well, I can honestly say, the 2012 speech was every bit as good as the 2011 speech.

JusDreamin on April 4, 2012 at 5:52 PM

Actually, I think he gave the speech much better in 2011. In 2012 he stumbles more, and sounds like he’s terminally bored – like he really just wants to say “yadda yadda yadda” and leave before it’s over. Like he really doesn’t give a rat’s azz anymore.

bofh on April 4, 2012 at 7:48 PM

What the president said, then, was so ill-informed, so ignorant, that people assumed he must know better. There’s no way we can know. But whatever the case, this has been quite a bad stretch for the president. His comments about the Supreme Court, when combined with his astonishingly dishonest attack on the House GOP budget (see here for more), portray a president who is living in a fantasy world — a place where facts and history are inverted, lies become truth, where everything is subordinated to ambition and you simply make things up as you go along. Nietzsche referred to this mindset as the “will to power.” In American politics it’s known as The Chicago Way.

I don’t know what the political effect of all this will be. But intellectually, this is the week where Barack Obama jumped the shark. In a deep, fundamental way, he is no longer a serious man. Nor an honest one. His public words are now purposefully bleached of truth. And that is a painful thing to have to say about an American president.

Schadenfreude on April 4, 2012 at 7:55 PM

See, he’s not Etch-a-Sketch. He’s Whack-a-Mole. But you’re the mole.

EMD on April 4, 2012 at 7:56 PM

Being a speechwriter for the Dictator is easy:

The template always is for Obungler to get in a huff like a disenfranchised welfare queen whilst blaming someone else for the excrement pile of his own making he’s standing in.

viking01 on April 4, 2012 at 7:57 PM

I sure as hell don’t listen to him.

I’ve gotten very quick with the mute button.

Whenever a newscaster says something like, “Listen to what the President had to say about…”

Mute! No Bama. Just a mute picture of a ranting 21st century dictator.

Whenever his elephant-eared mug is off the screen: unmute.

Works for me.

Who cares what he says?

Why should anyone care?

He’s an imbecile, just like his idiot Marxist supporters.

Stepan on April 4, 2012 at 8:06 PM

Every politician gives stump speech that’s the same over and over.

A. The speeches are almost one year apart. We’re not comparing Romney’s speech from Sunday vs. Romney’s speech from today. NOTHING changed in the intervening time that might require a re-write?

B. He’s not “a politician”. He’s the President of the United States of America. If he didn’t want the raised expectations, then he shouldn’t have applied for the job.

C. He is, according to him and his sycophants, “the smartest man to ever hold elective office.” The 4th greatest president ever. Again, a higher standard doesn’t apply?

D. In both instances, the White House pre-sold the speeches as major policy addresses. If they were serving warmed-over leftovers, they could have easily alerted everyone to that fact instead of making a big deal and saying “Hey you! Over there! Yeah you! Watch this speech!”

E. Let’s imagine Mr. Obama’s predecessor getting caught red-handed like this. Letterman/Stewart/Leno/Colbert would turn this into a week’s worth of shows. (“Bush is so dumb, he can only memorize one speech at a time!”)

SaveFarris on April 4, 2012 at 8:09 PM

No, they are working on his martial law speech, to be given in October when all the race riots are scheduled.

Harbingeing on April 4, 2012 at 6:17 PM

This is far more likely.

Who is John Galt on April 4, 2012 at 8:11 PM

Maybe it’s not the speech writer, maybe 0 really is a robot and that is a recording. Notice he stutters and stumbles over the same phrases.

Oleta on April 4, 2012 at 8:23 PM

He could say the same thing every time he speaks and our household wouldn’t know. The mute button is wore out.

bluealice on April 4, 2012 at 8:25 PM

the cuban missle crisis was a week and with the buildup maybe a month or so, I remember it well I lived in DC.

these 3 plus years of obama as president have eclipsed the fear I had during the cuban missle crisis, for with him and his minions at the helm I have no faith that anything wil be done for the benefit of the country if it does not directly benefit his bundle supporters and progessive king of the hills.

with no vetting from the MSM and follow up…..

I wait for the election with guarded optimism that America’s people will wake up before it is too late.

losarkos on April 4, 2012 at 8:31 PM

Dang, I knew I’d heard it all before!

stukinIL4now on April 4, 2012 at 8:32 PM

I wonder if his staff had a pool going to see how long he’d go before he realized he’s been giving the same tired, old speech.

Then again, maybe not.

av8tr on April 4, 2012 at 8:41 PM

OK, class.

String together all the “rebuilding crumbling roads and bridges”, “putting police and firefighters and teachers back to work”, “repairing our infrastructure”, and “building an economy built to last with renewable energy”.

That’d make a 3 minute video but it would also span 2007-2012.

/Remember Suzy the wind up doll? Pull the string and the same stuff comes out the mouth?

Key West Reader on April 4, 2012 at 8:46 PM

You didn’t even notice you were on repeat, did you, Obama? Just up there at one more public event, blabbing the same blab with your mind on auto pilot. It’s all merging into a vague, repetitive pile of verbal mush, and that’s nature’s way of telling you it’s time to go. Time to kick this gig to the curb. Enough already. Been here, done this.

Yup, time now to make the big money giving speeches to adoring audiences, make more yet on some no-show corporate boards, write another book about yourself for a huge payday, jet around with the rich and famous playing the world’s great golf courses, get a few time zones away from Moochelle so you can strut your stuff…

What’s not to like?

Byron on April 4, 2012 at 8:48 PM

losarkos on April 4, 2012 at 8:31 PM

Don’t worry. Urkel is slowly being outed. Keep your eyes on Daily Caller, Brietbart and Hannity.

Oh, and watch the Tray-Von v Zimmerman issue very carefully.

It’s going to be okay.

Key West Reader on April 4, 2012 at 8:49 PM

I’m getting misty-eyed just thinking about it.

malclave on April 4, 2012 at 7:13 PM

Me, too.

talkingpoints on April 4, 2012 at 8:51 PM

Stepan on April 4, 2012 at 8:06 PM

I quickly change the channel. I can’t stand to listen to his lies. It is painful enough to listen to clips of his lies on my favorite talk radio shows.

Decoski on April 4, 2012 at 8:54 PM

One should Reince their Priebus daily.

Rusty Allen on April 4, 2012 at 9:06 PM

There has got to be a talented person out there who can parody the song ” Im Henery the eight I am..

Maddysdaddy on April 4, 2012 at 9:07 PM

The “Copy/Paste Presidency.”

Zombie on April 4, 2012 at 5:48 PM

Time to Ctrl-Alt-Del and Reboot.

kevinkristy on April 4, 2012 at 6:07 PM

Yep. Four more years of this, and we’ll have nothing left but a BSOD where our country used to be.

massrighty on April 4, 2012 at 9:14 PM

I’m getting misty-eyed just thinking about it.

malclave on April 4, 2012 at 7:13 PM

Agreed. And then we could follow up with a Gerald Ford quote: “My fellow Americans, our long national nightmare is over.”

DaveDief on April 4, 2012 at 9:14 PM

You guys don’t know the half of it. Inside his head the only sound is a dial tone.

Bulletchaser on April 4, 2012 at 9:16 PM

Maddysdaddy on April 4, 2012 at 9:07 PM

I’m talking ’bout the Ryan plan,
Talking ’bout the plan I am, I am.
Same speech now as what I’ve given before;
None will notice that I did, once more.
And, everyone was repetitive,
They couldn’t even write me some new lines.
It’s my 19th speech identical,
Teleprompter’s clearly jammed!

massrighty on April 4, 2012 at 9:19 PM

We’ve got people who don’t understand that presidential speeches are VIDEOTAPED actually running the country. Wow.

Murf76 on April 4, 2012 at 9:26 PM

President Teleprompter H. SCOAMF

The Emperor has no clothes.

FlatFoot on April 4, 2012 at 9:26 PM

But he’s so cooooooooool. (And I heard directly from him that I get to keep my doctor, but you don’t)

dirtseller on April 4, 2012 at 9:32 PM

The emperor not only has no clothes, but he’s a computer animation. Think Max Headroom.

Paul-Cincy on April 4, 2012 at 9:37 PM

So he’s really just reading the material and not even caring what it says. He’s the reader-in-chief.

SouthernGent on April 4, 2012 at 9:45 PM

Harbingeing on April 4, 2012 at 6:17 PM

He’ll just recycle the Tuscon “civility” speech.

onlineanalyst on April 4, 2012 at 9:48 PM

precedented.

ted c on April 4, 2012 at 9:57 PM

Maddysdaddy on April 4, 2012 at 9:07 PM

I’m… Barry-ack Hussein I yam,
Barry-ack Hussein I yam, I yam!
I got married to Michelle my beard
She keeps telling us to …eat so weird

And every day when I go to lunch
She’s wolfing down hot wings and fries… cheese fries!

So I sneak off and see my “body man”
‘Cos Barry-ack Hussein I yam!

profitsbeard on April 4, 2012 at 10:02 PM

Romney 2012

corujodp on April 4, 2012 at 10:05 PM

Much of Obama’s rhetoric is just focus group tested slogans that get the emotional reaction they want all strung together. Whether the speech actually bears logical close scrutiny is irrelevant. People who seek a rational speech and attempt to understand its content and import are not who he is trying to reach. Since the focus group emotional reactions don’t change much to the slogans, of course he has to recycle the slogans — But wait– you guessed it; so it is the emotional illogical public’s fault that he has to repeat the same old stuff– he just reads the speeches he is given that are written based on the publics attitudes.

KW64 on April 4, 2012 at 10:06 PM

Wise King Solomon once said that there is nothing new under the sun. Our leader takes that concept to the outer limits!

If I were him, I would be mortified that this video is going to make the rounds. But then, I believe he really doesn’t care.

jazzuscounty on April 4, 2012 at 10:22 PM

I think lobotomy4life is JugEars speech writer!

KOOLAID2 on April 4, 2012 at 10:36 PM

And they said George Bush was dumb?

Lollercopter. This guy stutters the same sentence, in a Teleprompter no less, in word for word rehash.

This dude couldn’t lead a platoon of ants to a picnic.. so much lead this country.

rgrovr on April 4, 2012 at 10:38 PM

I won’t say it… I won’t.
Instead let me say… Sock Puppet that can Read.
Wheeeew….. I almost got banned.

RalphyBoy on April 4, 2012 at 11:08 PM

nature’s way of telling you it’s time to go.

Nature’s Way…

Who is John Galt on April 4, 2012 at 11:34 PM

I swear if I hear ….millionaires and billionaires one more freaking time..I am gonna throw up!!!

Xango Annie on April 4, 2012 at 11:41 PM

rgrovr on April 4, 2012 at 10:38 PM

Probably couldn’t even pronounce “platoon”, since no one he’s ever met had experience in one.

“Corpse-man”, lol.

Who is John Galt on April 4, 2012 at 11:41 PM

Looks like Zero had his law license taken away and replaced it with CPA status: Cut Paste & Assemble.

This must be the speech version of voting present.

MrKleenexMuscles on April 4, 2012 at 11:44 PM

Keep clicking videos at the end …the GOP has more of these recycled speeches online…

CCRWM on April 4, 2012 at 11:48 PM

This must be the speech version of voting present.

MrKleenexMuscles on April 4, 2012 at 11:44 PM

Warming up for the Martial Law speech after the planned October Riots.

Who is John Galt on April 4, 2012 at 11:49 PM

OMG! This is very damaging.

faraway on April 4, 2012 at 11:52 PM

So TOTUS is on an infinite loop now?

karenhasfreedom on April 5, 2012 at 12:34 AM

Dumb. dumb. dumb and he is the president. What were we thinking?

StevC on April 5, 2012 at 12:41 AM

Message to all GOPers and conservatives – while the left will continue to portray Romney as “etch-a-sketch” we must start labeling Obama – the “Hide n’ Seek” President - hide your record, seek to scare and divide. People – start using this in your comments across the blogosphere, it may catch on !

BabysCatz on April 5, 2012 at 1:03 AM

“Dumb. dumb. dumb and he is the president. What were we thinking?”

StevC on April 5, 2012 at 12:41 AM

What’s this “WE” garbage?

sablegsd on April 5, 2012 at 1:19 AM

Is it just me, or did it sound like he said BIG-orous for vigorous? Might be my crappy headphones but I heard it both times.

LickyLicky on April 5, 2012 at 4:00 AM

He has a lot of nerve using disabled children as a political tool, given how he views abortion…

englishqueen01 on April 5, 2012 at 7:05 AM

“The Republican National Committee is responsible for the content of this advertising”

It almost makes it sound like they are responsible for Obama’s tired old speech.

Dollayo on April 5, 2012 at 7:18 AM

lol when I saw this comment on another thread

POTUS wanna cracker?

cmsinaz on April 5, 2012 at 7:23 AM

Bet when Obama read it he did not even recognize that the 2012 speech was the same as the 2011 speech.

albill on April 5, 2012 at 8:42 AM

SSDD!

easyt65 on April 5, 2012 at 9:09 AM

Double double talk talk, redundantly repeating himself.

Steve Z on April 5, 2012 at 9:52 AM

Oleta on April 4, 2012 at 8:23 PM

Now don’t you go attacking the teleprompter!

Seriously, I did notice that he stumbled over the same phrase in both speeches and was curious as to why that was. What is even more amazing is that in this age of the internet he and his speechwriters think they can get away with this crap.

Happy Nomad on April 5, 2012 at 10:02 AM

I’m getting misty-eyed just thinking about it.

malclave on April 4, 2012 at 7:13 PM

Yes! Thread winner!

The Honey Badger

The Honey Badger on April 5, 2012 at 10:31 AM

As if what he says isn’t bad enough, how he says it is equally annoying. Has anyone else noticed the weird thing he has going on with the letter “s”? If you can stand to listen to him, watch how often it comes out as a whistle.

natasha333 on April 5, 2012 at 10:57 AM

natasha333 on April 5, 2012 at 10:57 AM

The sibilant S.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A sibilant is a manner of articulation of fricative and affricate consonants, made by directing a stream of air with the tongue towards the sharp edge of the teeth, which are held close together. Examples of sibilants are the consonants at the beginning of the English words sip, zip, ship, chip, and Jeep, and the second consonant in vision. The symbols in the International Phonetic Alphabet used to denote the sibilant sounds in these words are, respectively, [s] [z] [ʃ] [tʃ] [dʒ] [ʒ]. (The sounds [tʃ] [dʒ], as in chip and Jeep, are affricates; the rest are fricatives.) Sibilants have a characteristically intense sound, which accounts for their non-linguistic use in getting one’s attention (e.g. calling someone using “sssst!” or quieting someone using “shhhh!”).

Paul-Cincy on April 5, 2012 at 11:06 AM

Max was smarter. And more credible.

UnrepentantCurmudgeon on April 5, 2012 at 11:07 AM

I’m getting misty-eyed just thinking about it.

malclave on April 4, 2012 at 7:13 PM

Two words: Joe Biden

Which is worse? Someone who is irrational or a commie?

Portia46 on April 5, 2012 at 12:23 PM

monkey see monkey do over and over and over and over again.

rjulio on April 5, 2012 at 12:38 PM

Message to all GOPers and conservatives – while the left will continue to portray Romney as “etch-a-sketch” we must start labeling Obama – the “Hide n’ Seek” President – hide your record, seek to scare and divide. People – start using this in your comments across the blogosphere, it may catch on !

BabysCatz on April 5, 2012 at 1:03 AM

Or maybe the “Duck ‘n Cover” President? Duck your responsibilities and cover up your failures. It doesn’t evoke childhood games or toys though.

toby11 on April 5, 2012 at 1:09 PM

Once again, Obowma acted stupidly for being sooooo smart.

dthorny on April 5, 2012 at 1:27 PM

This mean we get another beer summit and lose the 2016 Olympics again?

Can we just reset to November 2007 and get a do over?

dthorny on April 5, 2012 at 1:33 PM

toby11 on April 5, 2012 at 1:09 PM

President downgrade.

President recession.

Food stamp president.

President unemployment.

A miserable failure….

dthorny on April 5, 2012 at 1:35 PM

Stuttering at the same words on two separate occasions a year apart, is simply astounding. Is there anyone really in there or is he a programed “robot”? I’m serious, this is very very odd, like a character out of ‘Blade Runner’.

SpiderMike on April 5, 2012 at 1:52 PM

Somebody’s teleprompter needs a content update.

Blacklake on April 5, 2012 at 1:58 PM

See, he’s not Etch-a-Sketch. He’s Whack-a-Mole. But you’re the mole.

EMD on April 4, 2012 at 7:56 PM

+10

(are you in flight test? The name.)

Portia46 on April 5, 2012 at 2:22 PM

“Same tired rhetoric.”

They don’t care-they (the Leftists) know that this works. Just keep hammering away while you’re opposition engages in selective faux outrage and keep partying on with their buds.

The LSM and Hollywood has been doing this for decades. If not, there’s no way that someone like Obama could have been elected to even a rural school board.

Dr. ZhivBlago on April 5, 2012 at 4:09 PM

What a complete boob. It’s hard to believe that he’ll get more than 12% of the vote.

RUReady2RNR on April 5, 2012 at 6:28 PM

Funny thing is that every time he gives the same speech over and over again with the same lies and distortionst about Mope and drain ( I like this) he is demanding more and more money with same speech like he is presenting newer and newer programs with each speech and you know what? every Democrooks agrees with him, even gives him rousing standing ovations???!!! Go figure!!!

deeshant48 on April 6, 2012 at 2:31 PM