McCain: I think Palin should be the VP nominee

posted at 9:45 am on April 4, 2012 by Tina Korbe

Yesterday, Sarah Palin emphasized in her interview with Matt Lauer that whoever becomes the GOP nominee should not play it safe in his selection of a vice presidential running mate. She declined to answer outright whether she thinks this year’s VP nominee should have more experience on the national stage than she did in 2008, but she did say she thinks the presidential nominee should “go rogue” with his pick.

Former GOP presidential nominee John McCain backed up those statements today with this:

On CBS’s This Morning, McCain, the 2008 GOP nominee, was asked whether he agreed with his former running mate that Romney should ‘go rogue’ in picking a vice president.

“I think it should be Sarah Palin,” McCain answered, laughing. And while he did not backtrack from that statement, he did say that there was a “wealth of talent” in the GOP field, including Florida Sen. Marco Rubio, New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie and Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal.

It’s an interesting proposition. She’s far more seasoned than she was in 2008, with a loyal fan base that would be incredibly energized by her presence on the ticket. But would she accept? She declined to run for the presidency herself, maintaining that she can have more influence as a media presence than as an actual candidate. If she worried she wouldn’t have enough influence as the presidential nominee or the president, then she surely wouldn’t be satisfied with the level of influence the vice presidential nomination offers, even if it was her launching pad to the fame she now enjoys.

The willingness of any Republican to accept a slot on the 2012 GOP ticket will be in part determined by the probability of victory. At this stage in the game, as Obama leads Romney nationally and stoops to the lowest possible attacks on Paul Ryan, the vice presidential nomination might not appear so much a reward as a challenge. If not Sarah Palin herself, the vice presidential nominee will have to at least possess her pluck and fighting spirit. The eventual GOP nominee better not play it safe, indeed.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

Unless there was more to the story than “what she was satisfied with.” If she’s offered a VP slot and refuses, we’d probably never know.

gryphon202 on April 4, 2012 at 9:47 AM

Sarah’s pick is Allen West…I like Sarah’s idea better (too bad the top of the ticket can’t be Sarah or Rick Perry)!

DUMP MITT NOW!

Pragmatic on April 4, 2012 at 9:48 AM

No, don’t do it, Sarah! Romney is a losing proposition and will weigh you down and do permanent damage to your political career. Ryan’s and Rubio’s endorsements will come back to bite them in their butts in the future so they’re pretty much damaged goods. We need you now more than ever!!

mozalf on April 4, 2012 at 9:48 AM

Miitbot heads asplode!

All that aside, it may be what Romney has to do to get conservatives on board

Sekhmet on April 4, 2012 at 9:48 AM

Inside joke for his fat tub of lard daughter. This shouldn’t even be here, but to get hits for being a Palin piece. He meant it as a joke.

Marcus on April 4, 2012 at 9:49 AM

No free ammo handed to Team Obama, please.

Palin is a commentator not a candidate.

Ryan, West, Rubio, et al would be more effective.

profitsbeard on April 4, 2012 at 9:49 AM

She should be the top of the ticket. Nevermind VP with another RINO.

rightConcept on April 4, 2012 at 9:49 AM

Palin as VP nominee?

Again?

I like Mrs. Palin, but that would seem a bit redundant for her unless McCain had won the Presidency.

Wish she would have thrown her hat in the ring; maybe if the convention gets brokered we’ll see her name thrown around.

Other than that, if pepperMitt loses, perhaps we’ll see Sarah throw her hat in the ring in 2016.

Logus on April 4, 2012 at 9:49 AM

I think he was joking…

changer1701 on April 4, 2012 at 9:50 AM

I like Palin but I fear having her on the ticket would cloud a referendum on Obama’s record. Include her in a cabinet position after an R victory then consider her as a contender a couple elections down the road if she wants in but… the VP slot right now brings up too many bad memories of a McCain candidacy (which I’m sure Romney does not need).

Not to mention there is something to be said for how well she’s done outside elected office.

Ukiah on April 4, 2012 at 9:50 AM

What a laughable suggestion – that in the midst of the richest field of qualified VP options a nominee cld hope for he wld pull the same hail Mary that McCain attempted in 2008 and put someone who 74% of Americans think is not qualified to be POTUS one step away from being POTUS.

Stupidest idea McCain has had since he made her his own VP choice.

InVinoVeritas on April 4, 2012 at 9:50 AM

It’s too bad that John McCain is wrong on absolutely everything, right, TrueCons?

KingGold on April 4, 2012 at 9:51 AM

Miitbot heads asplode!

All that aside, it may be what Romney has to do to get conservatives on board

Sekhmet on April 4, 2012 at 9:48 AM

Speaking for myself, so what? His choice of running mate is going to make no difference at all to me who I vote for in the general. ABO ’12.

gryphon202 on April 4, 2012 at 9:51 AM

McCain: I think Palin should be the VP nominee

One of the few things he got it right in 2008. Good to see he still thinks so in 2012.

WisRich on April 4, 2012 at 9:52 AM

I like the woman…took a while to get there, but there it is. She’s a lot smarter than many give her credit for. And whatever her reasons for not running, I’m sure they are absolutely valid.

All this really is, is another attempt at priming the Palinistas into a false hope of Palin at least being on a ticket. But the same thing that happened almost 4 years ago would only repeat itself…’nistas will go on and on about how horrible the POTUS nominee is, while gloating over Sarah Palin as savior of the world.

And we all know what happened the last time that scenario played out before. If she decided not to run, she most likely won’t be interested in a veep slot. She’s been there, done that.

JetBoy on April 4, 2012 at 9:52 AM

The laughing WAS the backtrack, folks. I’m still ashamed that I cast a vote for this smug old douchebag.

MadisonConservative on April 4, 2012 at 9:52 AM

She wouldn’t want it…

idesign on April 4, 2012 at 9:52 AM

“Fight with me my friends, FIGHT WITH ME!!”

ToddPA on April 4, 2012 at 9:53 AM

It would be a massive step down for her – there’s no way she’d entertain the idea.

She’d whither away if she was not in front of the cameras every 5 seconds or Facebooking away like a tweenager.

CorporatePiggy on April 4, 2012 at 9:54 AM

I think she rocks. Glad to see her slamming the a$$clown in chief on an expanded line up of channels.

msupertas on April 4, 2012 at 9:54 AM

MadisonConservative on April 4, 2012 at 9:52 AM

You didn’t cast a vote for the smug old douchebag, Maddy. You cast a vote against Obama.

gryphon202 on April 4, 2012 at 9:54 AM

She is not smart enough to even complete a 4 year term in the sh#thole known as Alaska.

They take more money from the government than any other state yet still vote Republican. Another useless welfare state.

liberal4life on April 4, 2012 at 9:54 AM

changer1701 on April 4, 2012 at 9:50 AM

shhh, dont tell Tina. I dont think she realizes it.

peachaeo on April 4, 2012 at 9:54 AM

It will be a field day if Palin is the VP pick. Especially with Game Change playing constantly on HBO. All of the sudden Democrats would finally have something to attack. I mean so far what do they have, Romney’s ties to big oil? Seriously?

Zaggs on April 4, 2012 at 9:54 AM

Sarah hawking Romneycare would really be the tomato on the t*rd sandwich, wouldn’t it?

james23 on April 4, 2012 at 9:54 AM

Palin as VP nominee?

Again?

Logus on April 4, 2012 at 9:49 AM

Agreed with all of that. And it looks more and more like the Mittwits are going to be happy come the GOP convention :/

JetBoy on April 4, 2012 at 9:55 AM

Complete that danged fence, John.

Fallon on April 4, 2012 at 9:55 AM

I think it’s going to be Ryan.

gophergirl on April 4, 2012 at 9:55 AM

HotAir needs a flaming skull for this one. Oh boy. Hold on to your seats.

faraway on April 4, 2012 at 9:55 AM

Again?

upinak on April 4, 2012 at 9:55 AM

The idea is to get rid of one annoying voice (Obamas), but not replace it with another annoying one (Palin)!

lhuffman34 on April 4, 2012 at 9:55 AM

We need a team player as VP.

cicerone on April 4, 2012 at 9:56 AM

JetBoy on April 4, 2012 at 9:55 AM

I can’t help but think the rombots are going to be shocked, SHOCKED to find out just how close the post-convention numbers get. “Mister Electable” is not going to have a cakewalk trying to beat Obama.

gryphon202 on April 4, 2012 at 9:56 AM

You should watch it again Tina.

She said it wont matter , MSM will create lies anyway.

the_nile on April 4, 2012 at 9:57 AM

liberal4life on April 4, 2012 at 9:54 AM

LMFAO another moron who has no clue WTF they are talking about.. again.

upinak on April 4, 2012 at 9:58 AM

No freaking way, please. That’s probably the one way to rally independents to Obama. By way of anecdotal evidence, I have plenty of “severely conservative” but otherwise apolitical coworkers who are sincerely terrified by the idea of Sarah Palin becoming a possible nominee, not to speak of Presidency. Call them under- or misinformed if you want but there are millions like them. Palin was unprepared in 2008, and sycophantic media and inept McCain’s advisers have destroyed her image so thoroughly that it will take at least a decade to rebuild it.

Archivarix on April 4, 2012 at 9:58 AM

Translation: I don’t want Romney to win.

Not that Palin wouldn’t be a good VP candidate, but after the mauling she took under McCain-approved cronies and the media (big overlap there), why would Palin trust anything this old fool has to say?

McCain really doesn’t get that Republicans despise him. Next to Bush, he is the most responsible for unleashing the Terrible Days of Obama.

EMD on April 4, 2012 at 9:58 AM

My VP pick is Marco Rubio.

Amnesty ✔
Internet censorship ✔
inexperienced ✔

Looks like a good candidate to me

liberal4life on April 4, 2012 at 9:58 AM

gryphon202 on April 4, 2012 at 9:54 AM

And a lot of good that did. It just helped convince the establishment that I’ll vote for whatever dumb schmuck they push. Fool me once, shame on…shame on…you…fool me, you can’t get fooled again.

MadisonConservative on April 4, 2012 at 9:58 AM

HotAir needs a flaming skull for this one. Oh boy. Hold on to your seats.

faraway on April 4, 2012 at 9:55 AM

LOL She’d never run with Romney but it is funny to see people getting apoplectic over the mention of her name. That’s power, baby, and it doesn’t come from a title.

Fallon on April 4, 2012 at 9:58 AM

See! I told you the guy from Arizona is senile!
(…and I love her!)

KOOLAID2 on April 4, 2012 at 9:59 AM

“Fight with me my friends, FIGHT WITH ME!!”

ToddPA on April 4, 2012 at 9:53 AM

I will never forget that. Worst slogan ever.

VegasRick on April 4, 2012 at 10:00 AM

We need a team player as VP.

cicerone on April 4, 2012 at 9:56 AM

Yeah , but for which team…

the_nile on April 4, 2012 at 10:00 AM

Disclaimer: I love Sarah.

My wife and I were looking forward to learning more about her after McCain named her his VP pick. I had to work late, and got home just as Sarah’s interview with Katie Couric was wrapping up. My wife looked ill. She said, “They are going to crucify her.” They did.

The news media ruined any chance she would have of running a credible race for President or VP. To be fair, she did not help herself, and the McCain campaign did not help her.

Our loss.

HeatSeeker2011 on April 4, 2012 at 10:01 AM

One of the problems with Romney is that if he had to choose between Sarah Palin and Lindsey Graham for VP, he’d pick Graham. You know he would.

RBMN on April 4, 2012 at 10:01 AM

Palin declined to run because she kinda forgot to put together a campaign staff and prepare. She was having too much fun playing games with the media. No way in hell would I want her as the VP choice.

William Teach on April 4, 2012 at 10:01 AM

McCain: I think Palin should be the VP nominee

Rogaineguy: Well, that makes one of us

rogaineguy on April 4, 2012 at 10:01 AM

Marcus on April 4, 2012 at 9:49 AM

Any more posts like this and I’m going to start going over to perezhilton.com for better insight into the Republican primary. I thought yesterday’s “Today Show Uses Palin Sparingly” post was a dog, but this…

Memo to Tina: Palin was great on Today, and her appearance was groundbreaking, akin to Rush showing up to guest host Nightline. McCain was simutaneously poking his finger in the eyes of the Republican establishment and the liberal media, and giving a shout out to Palin, of whom he’s always spoken well. I’ll give old Maverick props, he never through Sarah under the bus. Hot Air, on the other hand…

Mr. Arkadin on April 4, 2012 at 10:01 AM

MadisonConservative on April 4, 2012 at 9:58 AM

So where’s your recourse? Seriously? I mean, we’ve got an avowed Marxist in the Oval Office and the BEST we can hope for is to vote him out of office? Really? You wanna talk about supremely smug douchebags, how about the guy who keeps copies of the constitution handy to use as toilet paper? And we’re supposed to feel better about it because we can get rid of him with our normal democratic processes?

/UberFacepalm

gryphon202 on April 4, 2012 at 10:02 AM

I think it’s going to be Ryan.

gophergirl on April 4, 2012 at 9:55 AM

I am an Independent from my point of view, Mitt needs to add a sweetner to this ticket not a drag on his ticket.

Mitt’s trailing behind Obama among Independents and Women. Ryan is an uninspired choice.

Dr Evil on April 4, 2012 at 10:02 AM

My VP pick is Marco Rubio.

Amnesty ✔
Internet censorship ✔
inexperienced ✔

Looks like a good candidate to me

liberal4life on April 4, 2012 at 9:58 AM

Whoa! Have we finally educated the troll to make sense?

Archivarix on April 4, 2012 at 10:02 AM

“Fight with me my friends, FIGHT WITH ME!!”

ToddPA on April 4, 2012 at 9:53 AM

I will never forget that. Worst slogan ever.

VegasRick on April 4, 2012 at 10:00 AM

It brought tears to my eyes and then it brought tears to my eyes.

Fallon on April 4, 2012 at 10:02 AM

KingGold on April 4, 2012 at 9:51 AM

I suppose you think that’s funny..

But it is possible to respect what a man has done for his country, how much he suffered in Hanoi, and still not agree with his politics. You can agree with somethings, and not others, I fail to see any humor in the comment, since being rational, is to accept some nuance is possible.

I love Sarah a lot, but I don’t worship her.. I greatly lean social con,.. but have moved to support Romney,.. this trademark truecon snark is getting really lame and stale..

mark81150 on April 4, 2012 at 10:04 AM

*facepalm*

But seriously… facepalm.

Ryan or Christie I guess. Focus on economic ffs. How do we get to prosperity from here. Rubio I’m not sold on yet, need to hear more from him.

Also would like to see Rand Paul vetted so toss him in there.

Dash on April 4, 2012 at 10:04 AM

…this trademark truecon snark is getting really lame and stale..

mark81150 on April 4, 2012 at 10:04 AM

Romney/[whoever] ’12! We don’t need your vote, but we’ll take it anyway!

gryphon202 on April 4, 2012 at 10:05 AM

Palin has a 60%+ disapproval rating. Sure, go ahead and add her to the ticket.

LOL

cornfedbubba on April 4, 2012 at 10:06 AM

It brought tears to my eyes and then it brought tears to my eyes.

Fallon on April 4, 2012 at 10:02 AM

I know what you mean.

VegasRick on April 4, 2012 at 10:06 AM

Mc Cain, one of the worst candidates ever. Too bad Mc Cain didn’t support Palin when he had her as a vp candidate. Is he trying to blame someone else for the results of his awful run? I believe that he or some of his staff did blame Palin for Mc Cain’s failure after his horrible campaign. That lousy campaign is the total responsibility of John Mc Cain.

Charm on April 4, 2012 at 10:07 AM

I don’t think she’d ever put herself into the position of being some RINO’s scapegoat ever again, much to the chagrin of KingGold who will need an easy scapegoat if Romney loses. Probably just blame the base. You know….conservatives, that is.

Dongemaharu on April 4, 2012 at 10:07 AM

Go away loser.

jake-the-goose on April 4, 2012 at 10:07 AM

KingGold on April 4, 2012 at 9:51 AM

I sure as heck don’t want her to run as a VP again, because associating herself with Romney beyond the lukewarm, obligatory post-convention endorsement would just taint her. Plus, loudmouths like you would blame her again when Romney goes down in flames in November.

Doomberg on April 4, 2012 at 10:08 AM

O/T

But why isn’t there a post on CNN and MSNBC last night starting in on the Mormon religion?

I listened to James Carville, speculating about how many Mormon’s there are in Florida and that’s why Romney won Florida….so you know remember Romney’s a Mormon.

Lawrence O’Donnell went even further and attacked Mormonism last night on his MSNBC whatever they call it he does on MSNBC.

“Mormonism was created by a guy in Upstate New York in 1830 when he got caught having sex with the maid and explained to his wife that God told him to do it. 48 wives later Joseph Smith’s lifestyle was completely sanctified in the religion he invented to go along with it, which Mitt Romney says he believes.”

At least Breitbart picked up on the Mormon bashing by the usual suspects.

Dr Evil on April 4, 2012 at 10:09 AM

No thank you.
Ryan or Jindal please.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 4, 2012 at 10:09 AM

Presidential election polls prior to Labor Day = worthless. Ask President Dukakis.

I think Romney has nearly as bad a case of PDS as the obnoxious Mittbots on HotAir…so I don’t see this happening.

DRayRaven on April 4, 2012 at 10:09 AM

Dongemaharu on April 4, 2012 at 10:07 AM

Yup.

the_nile on April 4, 2012 at 10:10 AM

No way, Mitt would never choose someone so much more popular than him…the personality of Palin would so overshadow Mitt it would make Mitt seem even more “detached”.
….and, Sarah is not from the “right side of the tracks”, she hardly fits into Mitt’s world.

right2bright on April 4, 2012 at 10:10 AM

Went to watch the video. McCain is a schmuck.

Rose doesn’t ask a straight “who should Romney pick as VP?”. Rose qualifies it: “Sarah Palin says the nominee should go rouge with a VP pick, who should Romney pick?”

He wants to joke around with the LSM so throws out Palin’s name. LSM laughs, McCain laughs. They’re so smug in their cleverness.

Get a life McCain…and a backbone.

WisRich on April 4, 2012 at 10:10 AM

“Fight with me my friends, FIGHT WITH ME!!”

ToddPA on April 4, 2012 at 9:53 AM
I will never forget that. Worst slogan ever.

VegasRick on April 4, 2012 at 10:00 AM
It brought tears to my eyes and then it brought tears to my eyes.

Fallon on April 4, 2012 at 10:02 AM

THE SADDEST THING ABOUT IT WAS HE DID NOT FOLLOW HIS
OWN REQUEST.

ToddPA on April 4, 2012 at 10:11 AM

gryphon202 on April 4, 2012 at 9:56 AM

Me thinks you are correct. I keep wondering tho if Romney will get the independent vote, enough to push him over the finish line. But then, given my past prognostications on this sort of thing…and the “curse”…take that for what it’s worth.

MadisonConservative on April 4, 2012 at 9:58 AM

As I’ve said a few times :P before, this whole “establishment” talk is like listening to the conspiracy theorists talk about the Illuminati and the NWO. Consider the difference in support for McCain vs The One during the general election…conservatives were “holding their noses” and generally have a case of McCain-drangement. Obama’s supporters got a show, and they lapped it up. He had “screaming throngs” wile McCain was lucky he even got at least some applause.

And that’s what cost the GOP the election.

JetBoy on April 4, 2012 at 10:11 AM

She wouldn’t want it…

idesign on April 4, 2012 at 9:52 AM

She probably wouldn’t, but the VP test is some minimal standard, which at this point she clearly reaches with everyone. The slam she was ignorant in 2008 just isn’t supportable now. Also, she’d offer much more energy than any other VP candidate.

I do think she’d love the “official without portfolio” aspect of being VP. If it’s not Sarah, it needs to be someone different from her. Someone quiet, measured, calm. Like Mitch Daniels or Bobby Jindal. But Sarah Palin beats Chris Christie at his own game. Beats Allen West too. If you want solid, go for solid. But Sarah is still the premier “game changer”.

Paul-Cincy on April 4, 2012 at 10:13 AM

And that’s what cost the GOP the election.

JetBoy on April 4, 2012 at 10:11 AM

Quite a trenchant analysis. But WHY? Why did it happen like that? Why did it cost McCain the election? Why the difference in enthusiasm? It couldn’t possibly have had anything to do with the way McCain conducted himself politically in the years leading up to the campaign…could it have?

gryphon202 on April 4, 2012 at 10:13 AM

Aren’t we counting our chickens before they’re hatched, Senator McCain? And to think I liked this guy and felt sorry when he lost. Not so with Romney – loathed him in ’08 and the loathing has intensified. And the thought of McCain as a political expert for the next 4 years should Rmoney become the nominee makes my head want to explode. And old Drudge is like a little kid – Romney is already the nominee because “I say so”. They might actually look a little foolish (not hard for McCain – Drudge more so) if things don’t quite work out the way they want. We can only hope.

mozalf on April 4, 2012 at 10:14 AM

My VP pick is Marco Rubio Barack Obama.

Amnesty ✔
Internet censorship ✔
inexperienced ✔

Looks like a good candidate to me

liberal4life on April 4, 2012 at 9:58 AM

profitsbeard on April 4, 2012 at 10:14 AM

mark81150 on April 4, 2012 at 10:04 AM

“TrueCon” is not directed at rational folks like you. It is, and has always been, a specific jab at people it well describes as favoring True Conservatism above all else; an ideology that radiates anger and chaos, and seeks a nonexistent “True Conservative” candidate to represent all their hopes and dreams.

It describes people who think that someone like Christine O’Donnell could ever win office in a state like Delaware, because the only thing that ever matters in an election is ideology. Period. Not vote counts, not charisma, not money, not political support, not issue positions, and not the constituency sought to represent. You, from your comments, are not among those people.

KingGold on April 4, 2012 at 10:15 AM

McCain was joking,.. but kinda half so..

I think Sarah is an immense asset to the movement, as a commentator, a king maker,.. pundit, inspirational figure..

But, after the last 4 years of the media demagoging her endlessly, the liberals smearing her, our own moderates behaving like sh*theels over her.. as badly and as nasty in tone as any liberal.. her national reputation suffered, and it may take years to rebuild..

It’s vile and unfair, and many a republican should hang their heads in shame for joining that virtual lynch mob..

but it is what it is..

The lesson, as we move on and Sarah rebuilds her image, is to make sure the next time a charismatic conservative comes along… we are prepared for the Parker’s the Frum’s and their fellow thinkers in mediocrity pay a price for that kind of betrayal and smear job.

You don’t want to vote for her, fine, that’s a free choice, but don’t whine and smear,.. that just tells me to ignore you assomeone who’s so intent on stamping his persoanl flavor on the party, they’d happily help the left destroy a good human being..

That’s a disgrace.

mark81150 on April 4, 2012 at 10:15 AM

At least Breitbart picked up on the Mormon bashing by the usual suspects.

Dr Evil on April 4, 2012 at 10:09 AM

I was surfing the news channels last night, saw O’Donnell getting started on this. Watched this train wreck for about 5 minutes before I had to turn the channel. It was vile.

WisRich on April 4, 2012 at 10:15 AM

Is McCain jealous? I think so. So he uses Palin to get back in the group talk again. So nice of the old fart to think of himself as usual.

upinak on April 4, 2012 at 10:16 AM

ExpressoBold on April 4, 2012 at 10:16 AM

Sorry man, I LOVE Sarah Palin and I voted for McCain only because of her.

But I won’t do it for Romney. Romney could pick Jesus Christ for his VEEP and I’d still waive that phoney-assed flip-flopper the middle finger on election day.

HondaV65 on April 4, 2012 at 10:17 AM

gryphon202 on April 4, 2012 at 10:13 AM

My mother’s vote for Nader was a protest vote against McCain picking Palin. My mother is a conservative-libertarian(as am I. As is the Mister. Spawn’s still figuring out what kind of conservative he is.)and I thought she was an idiot for doing that.
I told her that, actually.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 4, 2012 at 10:17 AM

My VP pick is Marco Rubio Barack Obama.

Amnesty ✔
Internet censorship ✔
inexperienced ✔

Looks like a good candidate to me

liberal4life on April 4, 2012 at 9:58 AM

profitsbeard on April 4, 2012 at 10:14 AM

Obama was against the internet censorship bill co-sponsored by the chief Amnesty advocate in the Senate

liberal4life on April 4, 2012 at 10:17 AM

So I guess Sen. McCain hasn’t forgiven Gov. Romney.

Cindy Munford on April 4, 2012 at 10:17 AM

But then, given my past prognostications on this sort of thing… and the “curse”… take that for what it’s worth.

JetBoy on April 4, 2012 at 10:11 AM

Oh, JetBoy, darling, why couldn’t you have jumped on the Romney bandwagon back in July? lol

Fallon on April 4, 2012 at 10:18 AM

And that’s what cost the GOP the election.

JetBoy on April 4, 2012 at 10:11 AM

I think the idea that there is no GOP party leadership is bizarre and out of touch with reality. Does anyone really think that every single activist, congressman, etc in the GOP is exactly equal to each other, and that none of them have any more influence than one another?

Does anyone deny that, say, the Obama administration combined with their big donors and key legislators and think tanks is in charge of the Democratic Party?

Doomberg on April 4, 2012 at 10:18 AM

Won’t Happen.

Shouldn’t happen.

Palin should NEVER accept a VP spot ever again.

If she were ever to be on a ticket again, it will be as the President.

portlandon on April 4, 2012 at 10:18 AM

HondaV65 on April 4, 2012 at 10:17 AM
Obama thanks you for the supporter, effing weasel.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 4, 2012 at 10:18 AM

The pick should be either:

1. Marco Rubio, or
2. Paul Ryan

End of discussion.

And the fact that liebral4life has talking points made up for Rubio shows it should be Rubio. It is to much to expect him to form a coherent thought on his own. And if his puppet masters have talking points made up for Rubio, that means they fear him most.

milcus on April 4, 2012 at 10:19 AM

I told her that, actually.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 4, 2012 at 10:17 AM

Exit polling suggests that Palin was actually a net plus for McCain’s campaign. There were more people who sucked it up specifically to vote for her than lodged protests specfically against her. Of course, we all know how it turned out. And I’m not sure it would turn out any better this time.

gryphon202 on April 4, 2012 at 10:19 AM

WisRich on April 4, 2012 at 10:15 AM

I was flipping through the channels watching CNN, Fox and MSNBC how they were covering the primaries.

CNN and MSNBC in post commentary started in with the Mormon narrative.
My guess that was the game plan if Romney won the night. It was the red light to start in with the Mormon’s are different narrative.

I am surprised there is no mention of it this morning on Hot Gas it’s not like both Carville and O’Donnell were being overt on Mitt’s religion.

Imagine if Mitt Romney was a Muslim, would Carville and O’Donnell, be bringing up Mohammad and his 9 year old bride?

Dr Evil on April 4, 2012 at 10:19 AM

He was obviously joking, which is pretty crappy since he clearly can’t let go any more than some of our most virulent trolls here.

Even taking it seriously for a half-second why would Palin want to be a VP candidate for a man who is virtually indistinguishable from McCain in his ability to shift with the wind, reach across the aisle and change his opinion based on the latest poll (with the possible exception of being the father of Obamacare)?

Good troll/flame bait though, so there’s that.

DrAllecon on April 4, 2012 at 10:20 AM

portlandon on April 4, 2012 at 10:18 AM

In 2016 Jindal will be a former two-term governor, maybe Perry will run again, maybe Pence(if Mitt doesn’t win this year).
Gov.Palin’s chance was this year.
She won’t get another.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 4, 2012 at 10:21 AM

profitsbeard on April 4, 2012 at 10:14 AM

Hey, I’m all for Obama bashing and troll slapping but L4L is right this time! SOPA was a rare violation of American liberties that Zero did not jump on like a poodle on a leg. It was Marco Rubio who co-sponsored the bill.

PS: Oh my, what a mess. I’m defending a troll. :)

Archivarix on April 4, 2012 at 10:21 AM

So I guess Sen. McCain hasn’t forgiven Gov. Romney.

Cindy Munford on April 4, 2012 at 10:17 AM

I don’t think McCain will ever forgive anything.

upinak on April 4, 2012 at 10:21 AM

mark81150 on April 4, 2012 at 10:04 AM

It’s just a content free-smear against Romney’s critics. It’s the newest variant of “right-wing extremist” or “wingnut.” No one has ever described a “True Conservative” other than as “someone who won’t vote for Romney.”

KingGold on April 4, 2012 at 10:15 AM

Castle lost, dude. It’s 2012 now. Get over it.

Doomberg on April 4, 2012 at 10:21 AM

JetBoy on April 4, 2012 at 10:11 AM

Dude, where have you been? You watched the 2010 elections and still don’t believe there’s a GOP establishment out there bent on destroying tea party candidates?

WTF dude – open your eyes. You saw how Rand Paul was routinely attacked by establishment GOP. You saw how Christine O’Donnell was attacked by the NRSC on the very night she beat Mike Castle. Yeah, COD was flawed – but the Republican voters chose her in a democratic fair election and it was the GOP establishment’s job to support her – instead – they attacked her.

Sharon Angle – not the best campaigner but she didn’t get any solid help from the establishment.

Then we have the case of Carly Fiorina – who was so establishment that the NRSC wasted 8 Million dollars on her in a race that wasn’t even close – Boxer handed her her ass.

HondaV65 on April 4, 2012 at 10:22 AM

gryphon202 on April 4, 2012 at 10:19 AM

She lived-still lives-in Illinois. Her vote wasn’t going to make a difference ,anyway.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 4, 2012 at 10:22 AM

I like it. Go big, go dangerous, carry big guns, metaphorical ones of course.

ted c on April 4, 2012 at 10:23 AM

Obama thanks you for the supporter, effing weasel.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 4, 2012 at 10:18 AM

And the GOP establishment thanks you for your voluntary slavery! ;)

HondaV65 on April 4, 2012 at 10:23 AM

KingGold on April 4, 2012 at 10:15 AM

I don’t mean my comment as an attack, I do respect your posts,.. sometimes I have a tendency to take comments about a movement I admire greatly as a personal thing.. I’ll try to not do that,..

I see your point, there are irrational people who follow blindly. So I guess we really have no disagreement.

Sorry, I just wince when I see true-con.. a personal flaw.. probably a left over from the culture wars when liberals used con as a pejorative..

no.. you’re right, sorry to have let an old scar blindside me.

mark81150 on April 4, 2012 at 10:24 AM

Looks like McCain was joking.

Sarah Palin would be the last person considered. This year’s VP selection process will not make the same mistakes that were made in 2008.

bluegill on April 4, 2012 at 10:24 AM