“Fair to say Palin has been used sparingly on ‘Today’”

posted at 11:05 am on April 3, 2012 by Tina Korbe

As planned, Sarah Palin made her debut today as a member of “the lamestream media” — and, boy, was that phrase ever repeated by both SP and Matt Lauer throughout the morning! She first joined Lauer in the 7 a.m. hour for a brief interview to discuss the GOP presidential race. The Sarah Palin who verbally jousted with Mr. Lauer wasn’t the same relaxed Sarah Palin who appears regularly on “Hannity.” Her antagonism toward the MSM was evident — and, at least once, articulated — in the interview.

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

She displayed notable message discipline, though. Despite Lauer’s repeated attempts to express disappointment in Romney, Palin cleaved to the essential thing: Any of the GOP contenders would be better than Obama.

In the 8 a.m. hour, she joined Lauer and Ann Curry as an actual co-host of the show. She first appeared reading a newspaper, with a stack of newspapers behind her — a cheeky way to confirm that her appearance on NBC’s “Today” was intended to be a direct challenge to Katie Couric, who is guest-hosting ABC’s “Good Morning America” this week.

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

For the rest of the hour, she appeared in a variety of segments, chatting it up with the other co-hosts and guests like … Tori Spelling, who asked SP pointblank whether she plans to have more children. The Wall Street Journal’s Speakeasy live-blogged the show and captured several of Palin’s wittiest one-liners. (My favorite came at the end, when Al Roker mentioned hibachi cooking. “Let’s put some moose and caribou on the grill!” Palin quipped.) By the end of the show, she seemed far more at ease and Lauer seemed a little less patronizing.

Still, as Speakeasy noted, it’s “fair to say that Palin has been used sparingly on ‘Today.’” When the TV ratings come out this evening, we’ll see whether Palin earned bragging rights. Given that both “Matt Lauer” and “Sarah Palin” were trending topics on Twitter this morning, I bet she did, but, either way, she did more for “Today” than “Today” did for her. She no doubt inspired her considerable following to flip to NBC this morning, while NBC did little to give Palin a true platform. She was given the opportunity to make only a few minor remarks and had to fit her opinions to a relatively substance-less show. If NBC wants to see what she could really do, they should give her her own hour.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 5

“Fair to say Palin has been used sparingly on ‘Today’”
POSTED AT 11:05 AM ON APRIL 3, 2012 BY TINA KORBE

Um, you’re joking…right?

verbaluce on April 3, 2012 at 11:08 AM

I thought she was wonderful. Very impressed, actually.

Btw, it was the first time I have watched the Today show since the last Olympic Games (2 years ago)

Norwegian on April 3, 2012 at 11:09 AM

Absolute joke.

joey24007 on April 3, 2012 at 11:09 AM

Sarah. 2012

AH_C on April 3, 2012 at 11:09 AM

Meh.

Kronos on April 3, 2012 at 11:10 AM

I wouldn’t watch the Today Show even with your eyes, unless Oliver North and Nugent were the hosts, but it does seem that the prig Lauer found himself at the end believing that Palin might possibly be a nice person, maybe even a little human.

Lefties always seem surprised when conservatives don’t appear riding on the back of a Mexican immigrant, waving a Bible, and wearing bib-overalls.

Bishop on April 3, 2012 at 11:10 AM

Sarah Palin 2012!!!

AH_C on April 3, 2012 at 11:10 AM

Indeed. They fear her and her message too much to give her more than a few token spots.

Bitter Clinger on April 3, 2012 at 11:10 AM

I don’t have a TV-but even if Jindal or Perry had been on it…I STILL wouldn’t have watched.
I’m not a ‘Today Show’ type of chicky.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 3, 2012 at 11:11 AM

She shows true courage to appear there. First time I have watched the Today Show (only Sarah’s part)in ten yrs.

tinkerthinker on April 3, 2012 at 11:11 AM

Sarah Palin rocks 30 Rock..:)

idesign on April 3, 2012 at 11:11 AM

Since I never watch morning TV shows like this, I naively thought she would basically be co-host to Matt Lauer and be doing things like heading up segments or interviewing guests. I didn’t realize she’d be sharing the stage with a bunch of other people. Nothing wrong with that, but it would be interesting to see Fox & Friends or some other FoxNews program give her a full hour or two to see what she’s got.

And no, that special she did a couple years ago does not count. That was just her fronting segments she had nothing to do with.

Doughboy on April 3, 2012 at 11:11 AM

Doesn’t that describe the “Today” show every day?

Bitter Clinger on April 3, 2012 at 11:12 AM

So what does NBC do if the ratings are through the roof?

Give the credit to little Donnie Duetch? (sp?)

jake-the-goose on April 3, 2012 at 11:13 AM

I love Sarah, but the ability to do what the Today Show does is like proving that you can walk a straight line and touch your nose.

RBMN on April 3, 2012 at 11:13 AM

I’m actually one of the ‘lucky’ and ‘privileged’ 1% who has to work all day, but will someone please tell me because I just have to know…. will Sarah stick around to slam drinks with Kathie Lee and Hoda in the 12th hour of the Today Show? I would LOVE to see the recap of that on The Soup!

justjulie20 on April 3, 2012 at 11:14 AM

The famous “liberal tolerance” was on proud display on The Today Shows’s Facebook page this a.m.

CDeb on April 3, 2012 at 11:15 AM

Bishop on April 3, 2012 at 11:10 AM

I’ve got to steal that one!

TugboatPhil on April 3, 2012 at 11:15 AM

I really, really disagree with this. She was on many of the segments and got to talk how she wanted. She did very well, I might add!

robertlbryant on April 3, 2012 at 11:15 AM

RBMN on April 3, 2012 at 11:13 AM

That’s not true. It’s not easy to do these kinds of shows. Do you realize the sheer mindnumbingly stupid stories and celebrities these hosts have to pretend to be interested in every weekday morning for 2 hours?

Doughboy on April 3, 2012 at 11:16 AM

“She was given the opportunity to make only a few minor remarks and had to fit her opinions to a relatively substance-less show.” – T.K.

And anyone, especially Sarah Palin, should be surprised because … why?
She has once again made herself the butt end of a dog and pony show joke.
And it aint pretty.
~(Ä)~

Karl Magnus on April 3, 2012 at 11:17 AM

RBMN on April 3, 2012 at 11:13 AM

I wasn’t always able to do that very well. I have paperwork to prove it.

TugboatPhil on April 3, 2012 at 11:17 AM

I made a point to watch- everyone “played nice” – Couric was the intended target however. Probably worked out for NBC as the Palin pass/fail was to much to resist.

People who do watch this show every morning must be brain dead though. Good to learn what Christie Brinkley is up to. /why do I care ?

FlaMurph on April 3, 2012 at 11:17 AM

Sarah was great! I never watch these programs, and this morning, I was reminded why; Matt Lauer and his lame-stream ilk are unbelievable bad and so transparent with their pro-obama, liberal bias.

Sarah is always a breath of fresh air and it was wonderful to watch her wade into the lame-stream sewer and come out smelling like roses. Good job, Sarah – keep it real!

Pork-Chop on April 3, 2012 at 11:19 AM

ann curry was snarky and nasty throughout calling her Ms. Sarah Palin and Sarah, never Governor or former Vice-Presidential candidate. she kept clawing at Sarah, and there was a point where you see Sarah wipe the green slime off of her hand after she was touched by the witch.

Notice the body language. Sarah always stood apart. always tall.

best of all she gave a hissing sound when mitts name was mentioned. LOL

renalin on April 3, 2012 at 11:20 AM

Bishop on April 3, 2012 at 11:10 AM

LMAO!!

Or in her case, riding on the back of an Eskimo, waving a
Winchester, and wearing Artic Cat gear….

ToddPA on April 3, 2012 at 11:21 AM

Is Matt Lauer threatened by strong women?

He could have gone for classy and charming but was worried his liberal buddies would chastise him? The liberal media pecking order remains intact.

Dr Evil on April 3, 2012 at 11:22 AM

I hear coalesce….she picked that up lol from Ryan

0bamaderangementsyndrom on April 3, 2012 at 11:23 AM

Enjoyed Sarah Palin but watching that show was torture. Really, does anyone care about Tori Spellings pregnancies? Never watched before, won’t watch again. The ratings will be through the roof though and it was great to see all the young girls cheering for SP.

ctmom on April 3, 2012 at 11:23 AM

A remarkable Lady right there. Comfortable in her own skin. It has to at some level amaze the NBC folks how charismatic and personable she is. More please!

Bmore on April 3, 2012 at 11:23 AM

I just turned the TV on but didn’t watch it this morning. I don’t like morning shows anyway, but lots of other people do. Good for Sarah!

22044 on April 3, 2012 at 11:23 AM

And anyone, especially Sarah Palin, should be surprised because … why?
She has once again made herself the butt end of a dog and pony show joke.
And it aint pretty.
~(Ä)~

Karl Magnus on April 3, 2012 at 11:17 AM

And once again you’ve managed to make yourself the
REAR END of this website…and it ain’t pretty.

ToddPA on April 3, 2012 at 11:24 AM

she was awesome!!! i enjoyed seeing her talk about things other than politics!! a nice break from the usual.

she has so much warmth, friendliness, and charm. you could tell that the others on the show really liked her.

several videos are at the today show’s website!! everyone should watch. =)

Sachiko on April 3, 2012 at 11:24 AM

FlaMurph on April 3, 2012 at 11:17 AM

Hey, I care! Oh wait, I thought this was 1983 for a moment. What is this strange thing I’m typing on?!

Doughboy on April 3, 2012 at 11:24 AM

I was wondering how Tina would spin this to a negative. The interview was great and Palin did very well for her co-hosting duties. She was a CO-HOST not the host. Of course she wasn’t in every shot but for the PDS among us that is something bad?

give me a freaking break.

unseen on April 3, 2012 at 11:24 AM

This is not only good for Palin, but it undercuts the media playbook on her. Good chess move, on her part. I noticed the five inch heels—I guess her runner’s legs allow her to wear them so well.That was a real power move.

Sarah rocks..:)

idesign on April 3, 2012 at 11:24 AM

Really, Tina? That headline is your big takeaway from this? You prove on a semi-daily basis what a 3rd string blogger you really are.

steebo77 on April 3, 2012 at 11:24 AM

link to the full interview:

unseen on April 3, 2012 at 11:25 AM

Sshhhhh….. I’m still watching it! (Left coast.)

I haven’t seen the Today show for … well … maybe I’ve never seen it.

J.E. Dyer on April 3, 2012 at 11:25 AM

I hear coalesce….she picked that up lol from Ryan

0bamaderangementsyndrom on April 3, 2012 at 11:23 AM

Or from the English language.

steebo77 on April 3, 2012 at 11:26 AM

“Technically, I didn’t give you permission to be in there.” What a little girl that Matt Lauer is!

And I LOVE how Palin stayed on message in that interview — ABO, ABO, ABO — and it was driving Lauer nuts b/c he couldn’t knock her off message — he even has to resort to “Well, Boehner agrees with me!” Ha!. That has got to be the longest anti-Obama segment the Today show has ever run.

Rational Thought on April 3, 2012 at 11:26 AM

Lauer and Viera will total losers

cmsinaz on April 3, 2012 at 11:26 AM

idesign on April 3, 2012 at 11:24 AM

I think she wore those as a warning to the other hosts not to screw with her. Obama throws people under the bus. Palin will just stomp all over them with her 5-inch heels.

Doughboy on April 3, 2012 at 11:26 AM

so let me get this straight. people are supposed to take her seriously because she hypocritically joins the lamestream media (I’m guessing she got paid quite a bit) in order to boost the ratings of a pointless “news” show against another pointless “news” show because it was hosted by a lady who once asked her “what do you read?” and she couldn’t give an answer?

Face it. She is a con-artist who uses supporters as a way to add to her bank account and her fame.

joey24007 on April 3, 2012 at 11:27 AM

ToddPA on April 3, 2012 at 11:24 AM

He has the right not to think that Gov. Palin should have done this.
I happen to agree.
‘Doing’ Today is not what serious politicians do.
If it had been Perry or Jindal co-hosting, I’d feel the same way.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 3, 2012 at 11:27 AM

even for Sarah Palin, I wouldn’t turn on NBC.

CoffeeLover on April 3, 2012 at 11:27 AM

Bishop on April 3, 2012 at 11:10 AM

Ha! So true!

Rational Thought on April 3, 2012 at 11:27 AM

Is Matt Lauer threatened by strong women?

Dr Evil on April 3, 2012 at 11:22 AM

He’s such a sissy boy that he ends being like another catty woman on the set.

Bitter Clinger on April 3, 2012 at 11:27 AM

Troll Bait.

Bmore on April 3, 2012 at 11:27 AM

Kudos to Sarah for daring to utter the phrase “failed socialist policies,” not once, but twice.

steebo77 on April 3, 2012 at 11:27 AM

There were people liveblogging this? Seriously?

Didn’t watch, glad she apparently did well.

changer1701 on April 3, 2012 at 11:27 AM

“…narrative of false lies…”
You just can’t make up Palin-isms.

I thought she fit in very well here.
Morning TV could be just the right place for her.
Hosts don’t hang too long on any topic, and you don’t dig too deep.

verbaluce on April 3, 2012 at 11:28 AM

‘Doing’ Today is not what serious politicians do.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 3, 2012 at 11:27 AM

That statement is utterly absurd.

steebo77 on April 3, 2012 at 11:28 AM

She is beautiful, courageous, smart, and I am proud of her, too bad the conservative establishment don’t see her that way.

evergreenland on April 3, 2012 at 11:28 AM

That was a funny intro. She looked and sounded great and relaxed. I don’t know if it’ll move the likability dial for moderates any, but I think it makes her look good. It really did feel like she was infiltrating enemy territory, like when she went on SNL. Nobody can’t accuse her of being a good sport, that’s for sure.

Dongemaharu on April 3, 2012 at 11:28 AM

even for Sarah Palin, I wouldn’t turn on NBC.

CoffeeLover on April 3, 2012 at 11:27 AM

that’s why God algore made the internet

unseen on April 3, 2012 at 11:28 AM

Bishop on April 3, 2012 at 11:10 AM

You are in rare form today!

ghostwalker1 on April 3, 2012 at 11:29 AM

Tima is just upset that Gov. Palin didn’t thank Dr Pepper.

Rusty Allen on April 3, 2012 at 11:29 AM

I’m betting she’s still got her eyebrows, too.

rogerb on April 3, 2012 at 11:29 AM

joey24007 on April 3, 2012 at 11:27 AM

to continue:

no wonder the American news media is such a joke.

joey24007 on April 3, 2012 at 11:30 AM

I watched, thought she was good, but distrustful of Lauer. Notice she kept a bit of distance away from him. I hope she doesn’t do this kind of thing much, because it really was a show about nothing, and the content was beneath her IMO. Carnie Wilson on being fat, preggers Tori Spelling about party planning and Christie Brinkley on Broadway. The show was pretty lame.

Oh, and it appears to me that Ryan Seacrest chickened out from appearing today, citing “elbow pain.” Really.

In the end though, I’m predicting a ratings win for Palin.

ornery_independent on April 3, 2012 at 11:30 AM

She needed to come on the show with her 50cal beowulf AR variant,

Then cut lauer in two

Sonosam on April 3, 2012 at 11:30 AM

steebo77 on April 3, 2012 at 11:24 AM

I know. It actually would have been better if Allah wrote this up instead.

Dongemaharu on April 3, 2012 at 11:30 AM

Doing’ Today is not what serious politicians do.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 3, 2012 at 11:27 AM

That statement is utterly absurd.

steebo77 on April 3, 2012 at 11:28 AM

that statement is completely accurate.

joey24007 on April 3, 2012 at 11:31 AM

joey24007 on April 3, 2012 at 11:27 AM

It’s halirous to see fools like you get all wee weed up in the morning..:)

idesign on April 3, 2012 at 11:31 AM

In the end though, I’m predicting a ratings win for Palin.

ornery_independent on April 3, 2012 at 11:30 AM

actually the content was perfect for her.

joey24007 on April 3, 2012 at 11:32 AM

I hear coalesce….she picked that up lol from Ryan

0bamaderangementsyndrom on April 3, 2012 at 11:23 AM

It would have been cool if Palin had said it in Austrian, you know, to give it a cosmopolitan flair.

Bishop on April 3, 2012 at 11:32 AM

That statement is utterly absurd.

steebo77 on April 3, 2012 at 11:28 AM

So serious politicians DO host Today Show?

I’ve been on the defensive for Gov. Palin a lot over the past few months-but I’m still not a Palinista and I still call things as I see them.
This is how I’m seeing it.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 3, 2012 at 11:32 AM

Now that Palin’s appearance on the show is a hit and has listed NBC’s ratings, we all need to start a campaign to permanently replace dingbat Ann Curry with Sarah Palin. We should be able to easily convince NBC and their sponsirs that of they like the ratings they need to do this. What a coup it will be!

paulsur on April 3, 2012 at 11:32 AM

Sarah was great on today this morning. She was down to earth and real, her interaction with various people was witty and insightful.

Your analysis, is thru the lens of rombot. Her job is not to support romneycare. She obviously hates the liberal, but she is being a team player saying ABO. However, she wants another candidate who is conservative. I want her to be the nominee.

What a waist of talent not having run,I believe the main reason she didn’t run was because she was closed out to money. The GOP establishment morons, who setup this game, will lose in November, because they wanted everything on their terms. What the public wants is a fighter like Sarah.

She was fantastic today! Not afraid to voice her conservative views!

Danielvito on April 3, 2012 at 11:32 AM

Bishop on April 3, 2012 at 11:10 AM

You forgot the BBQ sauce smeared all over their shirts.

VegasRick on April 3, 2012 at 11:33 AM

It’s halirous to see fools like you get all wee weed up in the morning..:)

idesign on April 3, 2012 at 11:31 AM

haha!

you have no clue

joey24007 on April 3, 2012 at 11:33 AM

She was CEO of Alaska she says.

liberal4life on April 3, 2012 at 11:33 AM

I wasn’t always able to do that very well. I have paperwork to prove it.

TugboatPhil on April 3, 2012 at 11:17 AM

D&D arrest record?

swinia sutki on April 3, 2012 at 11:33 AM

Ahhhhhhhhhhh Palinistas …

And anyone, especially Sarah Palin, should be surprised because … why?
She has once again made herself the butt end of a dog and pony show joke.
And it aint pretty.
~(Ä)~

Karl Magnus on April 3, 2012 at 11:17 AM

And once again you’ve managed to make yourself the
REAR END of this website…and it ain’t pretty.

ToddPA on April 3, 2012 at 11:24 AM

Ya gotta love ‘em … why?
I anxiously await your assessment of all my posts, especially on this subject.
Poof
~(Ä)~

Karl Magnus on April 3, 2012 at 11:33 AM

joey24007 on April 3, 2012 at 11:27 AM

What the hell is wrong with using the media to boost one’s own image or further one’s cause? McCain hosted SNL back in 2001? Did that hurt his career? Bill Clinton played the sax on Arsenio and got the whole hour to himself(and Hillary) which IMO was one of the defining moments of that campaign. Nixon even helped himself out when he went on Laugh-In and said “sock it to me?”. If Palin wants to be a media star, this move didn’t hurt. If she still sees her future in politics, again, this move didn’t hurt. And NBC will get a nice boost in its ratings, so everyone wins here except I suppose Palin haters.

Doughboy on April 3, 2012 at 11:33 AM

‘Doing’ Today is not what serious politicians do.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 3, 2012 at 11:27 AM

That statement is utterly absurd.

steebo77 on April 3, 2012 at 11:28 AM

I agree with steebo77. Sarah appearing as co-host on “Today” is nowhere near as “un-serious” as Bill Clinton appearing on Arsenio Hall playing the sax.

Bitter Clinger on April 3, 2012 at 11:33 AM

Tori Spelling, who asked SP pointblank whether she plans to have more children.

Why is this any of Tori Spelling’s business?

Happy Nomad on April 3, 2012 at 11:33 AM

Sachiko on April 3, 2012 at 11:24 AM

This seems to be the point that Tina completely missed. She gets in a setting where libs and mods can interact with her and see she’s a pretty regular likable person.

Dongemaharu on April 3, 2012 at 11:33 AM

Tina, your losing me with your condescension of Palin. I rarely come here any more.

tinkerthinker on April 3, 2012 at 11:34 AM

paulsur on April 3, 2012 at 11:32 AM

hey, its not like she quit on the people of Alaska in order to be a tv personality!

joey24007 on April 3, 2012 at 11:35 AM

Doing’ Today is not what serious politicians do.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 3, 2012 at 11:27 AM

That statement is utterly absurd.

steebo77 on April 3, 2012 at 11:28 AM

that statement is completely accurate.

joey24007 on April 3, 2012 at 11:31 AM

hmmm You don’t say guess Mitt isn’t a serious politican then:

unseen on April 3, 2012 at 11:35 AM

Bitter Clinger on April 3, 2012 at 11:33 AM

Not to mention Michelle Obama showing up on virtually every television show but the Home Shopping Network and Jersey Shore to promote her anti-obesity nanny state agenda.

Happy Nomad on April 3, 2012 at 11:35 AM

I know. It actually would have been better if Allah wrote this up instead.

Dongemaharu on April 3, 2012 at 11:30 AM

i do want to know what he thinks of this!

Sachiko on April 3, 2012 at 11:36 AM

Sonosam on April 3, 2012 at 11:30 AM

ROFL

I would have settled for Palin whipping out a Big Foot Bowie and plunging it into Lauer’s thigh.

“Read THAT, azzhole!”

Bishop on April 3, 2012 at 11:36 AM

Doughboy on April 3, 2012 at 11:33 AM

LoL.

joey24007 on April 3, 2012 at 11:36 AM

I bravely watched the whole segment whilst working from home with the wife.

A) Ratings will definately be up – NBC knows that, Palin knows that – and I know that.

B) Today’s format is Today’s format – and they did a good job of showing her ability to speak with a panel (Duetsche/Starr Jones, some writer), outside with the folks a few times (huge audience) – a cooking segment with Tori Spelling where she came off as a mom talking to a mom – while Ann Curry made eye rolls, tried to get into the conversatino – and looked like a meddling dope at a cocktail party injecting themselves into your conversation.

C) No “gotcha” moments at all. Not 1.

D) Stayed on message concering upward mobility in America, opportunity, etc… that even self made Donnie seemed to agree with.

Heres the kicker in my opinion: many people tuned in who never watch the show (HA lineup, hehe) + ratings. Additional people watched the show who hate Palin (the growth in ratings) + normal “demo of viewers” are going to walk away pissed at NBC for not hammering her or making her look bad which gives them a 1 day ratings “win” – though could actually hurt their future daily/weekly’s – due to those who are pissed.

Laslty – the most comical display of an idiot was Starr Jones… Her contempt and hatred for Palin was evident – yet ironically the fact she is a washed up liar who has burned just about every bridge out there – and sloths her way into the same, tired “I am Starr and I am angry” schitck, which has zero traction and is a dead horse narrative. She should thank Palin for being on the show – it was the only reason they booked her – to , you know “put the pressure on her”

Odie1941 on April 3, 2012 at 11:36 AM

3…2…1… Another day, another Sarah Thread see the Romneycare tools attack.

Do you Rombots understand how much some of us Palin Supporters hate you people. We hate you as much as Obama.

It’s like you punk hacks are insulting my sister. You azzewipes with your venon toward Sarah will never get my support of romneycare for what you did to Sarah!

Danielvito on April 3, 2012 at 11:37 AM

She was CEO of Alaska she says.

liberal4life on April 3, 2012 at 11:33 AM

Today, another morning, another day…and you’re still as dumb as you were yesterday. Yep, there’s no hope for you.

You are part of this group, and the source of the U.S. of America’s challenges and demise.

Schadenfreude on April 3, 2012 at 11:37 AM

hmmm You don’t say guess Mitt isn’t a serious politican then:

unseen on April 3, 2012 at 11:35 AM

I don’t care about Mitt Romney

joey24007 on April 3, 2012 at 11:37 AM

and the Palin army marches on, picking up recruits (and viewers) along the way..:)

idesign on April 3, 2012 at 11:38 AM

Palin went on a TV show. Why is this important? I guess I am supposed to feel this is amazing?

antisense on April 3, 2012 at 11:38 AM

her appearance on NBC’s “Today” was intended to be a direct challenge to Katie Couric

you can take her out of high school but you can never take high school out of her.

so funny, original and unexpected, it blew me away.

fail.

sesquipedalian on April 3, 2012 at 11:38 AM

He has the right not to think that Gov. Palin should have done this.
I happen to agree.
‘Doing’ Today is not what serious politicians do.
If it had been Perry or Jindal co-hosting, I’d feel the same way.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 3, 2012 at 11:27 AM

I always enjoy your posts, but must repectfully disagree here.

Then why do politicians go on Leno, Letterman, etc. all the time??

ToddPA on April 3, 2012 at 11:38 AM

Why is this any of Tori Spelling’s business?

Happy Nomad on April 3, 2012 at 11:33 AM

Palin routinely puts herself in tabloid like situations. Being on tv with Kate Gosselin (or whatever her name is)..??

joey24007 on April 3, 2012 at 11:38 AM

‘Doing’ Today is not what serious politicians do.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 3, 2012 at 11:27 AM

Is Sarah Palin a politician now?

If she were to try to run for office in the future, would this disqualify her as a serious candidate?

I’d really like to know, because there are scores of examples of comparable things other successful, serious politicians have done in the past. Sounds like a double standard to me.

Dongemaharu on April 3, 2012 at 11:39 AM

tina: despite nbcs best efforts, their little teeny tiny blanket couldn’t cover the shining star that is Sarah Palin.

sparingly tina? heh. it went on for an eternity for the “nbc team” LOL

renalin on April 3, 2012 at 11:39 AM

Danielvito on April 3, 2012 at 11:37 AM

Weird.

antisense on April 3, 2012 at 11:39 AM

I don’t care about Mitt Romney

joey24007 on April 3, 2012 at 11:37 AM

Kind of like how nobody here cares about you.

Bitter Clinger on April 3, 2012 at 11:39 AM

That statement is utterly absurd.

steebo77 on April 3, 2012 at 11:28 AM

So serious politicians DO host Today Show?

This is how I’m seeing it.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 3, 2012 at 11:32 AM

I might be a little like you. I’m a fan but not a Palinbot. I wonder if her next move is to move away from politics a bit. I think she’s first a wife, mom,& businesswoman who engages in politics on the side. She was a great mayor & governor for a while.

If she can introduce & sell conservative ideas to new people who aren’t into politics, I say Godspeed to her.

22044 on April 3, 2012 at 11:39 AM