What happened when Michelle Obama ventured to the Kids Choice Awards

posted at 3:50 pm on April 2, 2012 by Tina Korbe

Taylor Swift “freaked out” and green goo gushed … when Michelle Obama ventured to the Kids Choice Awards:

Michelle Obama got more than she’d bargained for when she turned up at last night’s Kids’ Choice Awards.

But perhaps it should have been no surprise when she was splattered with slime at the conclusion of Hollywood’s zaniest awards show.

Drenching celebrities with green goo is a hallowed tradition at the KCAs, and the First Lady was lucky not to be directly in the firing line.

But sitting close to the stage at the awards, she did pick up a bit of slime when Will Smith and Justin Bieber were caught in the gooey crosshairs.

Mrs Obama, who attended the awards with her daughters Sasha and Malia, seemed to take the mess in good humour, laughing along with the raucous crowd and even dancing in her seat.

Perhaps it seems to you that this is just silly, but don’t diminish the savvy this displays. The KCAs are one of the most-watched children’s programs on Nickelodeon. Michelle Obama, out with her daughters for a laugh-filled evening, is a relatable Michelle Obama. Her attire might not have been the classiest she could have chosen, but her bright eyes and big smile hint at why she’s enormously popular. Don’t forget: Michelle Obama has the highest approval rating of any woman vying to occupy the White House from 2012 to 2016 — and the women are more popular than the men.

For the most part, Mrs. Obama has played the part of First Lady well, and the First Family is an asset for Barack Obama on the campaign trail. Why else would he bring them into conversation so frequently? Then again, it could be that it comes naturally to him, as it does for many parents — but, if they were a liability, you can be sure he wouldn’t mention ‘em. What’s important to recognize here is that Barack, who has been so blessed by the support of his family, still doesn’t realize that his policies, so many of which seek to substitute the state for the family, weaken others’ chances to have what he has. Perhaps it’s time for Barack to do a little “soul-searching,” as he recently advised us to do.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

Does that mean they still haven’t filled the position at the hospital when she left?
cozmo on April 2, 2012 at 6:46 PM

They eliminated the position the day after she left.

tommyboy on April 2, 2012 at 6:46 PM

Did Ken gave his Barbie doll STDs?

SparkPlug on April 2, 2012 at 6:37 PM

Yeah, and you would think that plastic would be immune to that sort of thing.

Did you notice how Ken had to inject the size of his manhood into the debate?

He said that the English should stay away from the kitchen because one should never serve a Shiraz with shrimp, but I never said anything about crustaceans. I said that Hanibella Lector, the only woman that will hit on his date blog, will throw KEN on the barbie.

Obviously, he doesn’t do puns.

Resist We Much on April 2, 2012 at 6:49 PM

Perhaps she is a Member of the national Endowment society? Eek.

Key West Reader on April 2, 2012 at 6:50 PM

HeII of an outfit right there, Good looking lady to boot. I’m not the least bit surprised someone slimed that. Hope it was protected.

Thats one way I could make the comment. Lets try another;

Who in their right mind would slime that? I mean look at it. Poor thing has probably never been slimed.

Or maybe go this way, some of you old timers please correct me if I use the wrong commenters name here. I’m just new enough to know a little of the reputation, but still not quite sure of the name.

lorien would hit that…..

Bmore on April 2, 2012 at 6:51 PM

I have to say, Hot Air has some of the funniest and sharp-witted posters I have read anywhere. I literally sit here crying from laughing at some of these.

Awesome people.

legendtwo on April 2, 2012 at 6:52 PM

And make work jobs at hospitals after being disbarred and fired from their law firm is what Senator’s wives do. That and wearing ugly clothes in an attempt to hide what age has done.

tommyboy on April 2, 2012 at 6:17 PM

Disbarred, race fan? Who told you that, the Moonies at the Washington Times???

KeninCT on April 2, 2012 at 6:52 PM

I am on some fairly potent medications at high dosages and frequencies…but they never make me say something as putrefying and false as that.

dmacleo on April 2, 2012 at 6:53 PM

Schadenfreude on April 2, 2012 at 6:45 PM

I offer these as hors d’oeuvre:

Are You Smarter Than A Politician? Probably.

TOTALLY BATSHIT CRAZY: THE SIX MOST INSANE PEOPLE TO EVER RUN FOR PRESIDENT

I am working on a new killer collection.

You mean she stayed at the scene of the accident and was prepared to be dealt with in the way the law demanded?

kim roy on April 2, 2012 at 6:31 PM

I know! What a dumbass! She was obviously never a Democrat.

I guess every village has to have an idiot and Ken is ours. The crosses we bear.

I want a refund.

BBL, folks!

Resist We Much on April 2, 2012 at 6:54 PM

that outfit looks like she was showing what a full body fluke condom looks like.

dmacleo on April 2, 2012 at 6:54 PM

My first comment in the series of three should of had a sarc tag /

Bmore on April 2, 2012 at 6:55 PM

Perhaps she is a Member of the national Endowment society? Eek.

Key West Reader on April 2, 2012 at 6:50 PM

Founder and CEO of the National Endowment of the Arse.

CorporatePiggy on April 2, 2012 at 7:00 PM

Disbarred, race fan? Who told you that, the Moonies at the Washington Times???

KeninCT on April 2, 2012 at 6:52 PM

She lost her license to practice in 1993.

Do you know who Google is?

Key West Reader on April 2, 2012 at 7:04 PM

Combine that with the skin tight pants and it’s hard to think of a style of cut or fabric that could be any more detrimental to her.

INC on April 2, 2012 at 6:22 PM

She has worn worse—-friend sent me an email of her biggest hits. This sci-fi outfit is definitely in the top three.

arnold ziffel on April 2, 2012 at 7:07 PM

Founder and CEO of the National Endowment of the Arse.

CorporatePiggy on April 2, 2012 at 7:00 PM

Look closer at the photo, my friend.

/There is something amiss in the netheregions of the FLOTUS.

How that got past the WH filter is unimaginable. Sorta like the Elaine Bennis Nip Slip on the Festivus Card.

I remain in a state of dismay and embarrassment for miz hotty pants.

Key West Reader on April 2, 2012 at 7:09 PM

Key West Reader on April 2, 2012 at 7:09 PM

You keep telling us to look closer…stop that!

Don’t you know torture has been banned in the civilized world.

cozmo on April 2, 2012 at 7:11 PM

Resist We Much on April 2, 2012 at 6:54 PM

Don’t forget

“We can decide that we’ve got to keep the guns out of the hands of our children. We can make safer weapons. We can make safer bullets.” – Joycelyn Elders

…plus, her masturbation spiel…until Clinton fired her.

Schadenfreude on April 2, 2012 at 7:11 PM

…Michelle Obama’s outfit is the worst I have seen on her. It’s completely unflattering and skin tight is not appropriate wear for a First Lady. It’s something an aging Hollywood celebrity would wear to say look at me, I’m still relevant.

INC on April 2, 2012 at 4:59 PM

Looks like something Sharon Stone would have worn in ‘Casino’.

slickwillie2001 on April 2, 2012 at 7:11 PM

arnold ziffel on April 2, 2012 at 7:07 PM

I’m glad I missed the other two!

INC on April 2, 2012 at 7:12 PM

INC on April 2, 2012 at 4:59 PM

Looks like something Sharon Stone would have worn in ‘Ca$ino’.

slickwillie2001 on April 2, 2012 at 7:12 PM

I remain in a state of dismay and embarrassment for miz hotty pants.

Key West Reader on April 2, 2012 at 7:09 PM

I went back and looked at the pic. Man, that is nasty and not in a good way. :)

arnold ziffel on April 2, 2012 at 7:12 PM

Looks like something Sharon Stone would have worn in ‘Ca$ino’.

slickwillie2001 on April 2, 2012 at 7:12 PM

lol. I have to be careful about what I would say because I don’t want to be called a pig.

arnold ziffel on April 2, 2012 at 7:14 PM

Is it worse than when she borrowed Sasha’s sweater? ‘Iron Chef America’: It’s Michelle Obama!

slickwillie2001 on April 2, 2012 at 7:15 PM

She lost her license to practice in 1993.

Do you know who Google is?

Key West Reader on April 2, 2012 at 7:04 PM

It’s inactive. She didn’t lose it.

KeninCT on April 2, 2012 at 7:16 PM

Key West Reader on April 2, 2012 at 7:09 PM

Hope ‘n Change in front of yer eyes. No first lady ever showed you, and the world, her…

Trash in the circus!

Schadenfreude on April 2, 2012 at 7:16 PM

She didn’t lose it.

KeninCT on April 2, 2012 at 7:16 PM

Yes she did, lose her dignity and decency…wait, you’re right. She couldn’t…because she never had any. But she did lose them for the land.

Schadenfreude on April 2, 2012 at 7:18 PM

Michelle makes the classic fashion mistake of trying to cover up what she feels is her greatest flaw, her hips, and unintentionally draws more attention to them. Somebody should be honest with her about her ill fitting wardrobe.

Fallon on April 2, 2012 at 7:18 PM

cozmo on April 2, 2012 at 7:11 PM

My sincere apologies.

The image gives rise to a random thought about who, exactly is wearing the pants in the WH.

/Didja check out that zipper? Man!

/I’mma get banned but I can’t stop laughing. I honestly think that one of her hand-picked disasters… errr, designers set her up or something. The poor deer.

Key West Reader on April 2, 2012 at 7:20 PM

Nickelodeon has been in the tank for “Team Obama” since he was initially running for office. Anybody remember the “Yes We Can” song that they crammed down kids throats back in 2008?

I can’t wait til cable and satellite companies are forced due to streaming competition, to offer channels on an ‘a la carte’ basis, so I can drop all the garbage liberal stations like Nick, E, and MTV, just to name a few..

Ghostflames852 on April 2, 2012 at 7:22 PM

Fallon on April 2, 2012 at 7:18 PM

She should have that sense on her own, Fallon. Admit it.

Now, if she’s that stupid to allow someone to outfit her this sort of garb at the age of 50? I don’t know… She should have some sense of sensible fashion and decorum. I WANT to feel sorry for her, but I cannot. She should know better.

Key West Reader on April 2, 2012 at 7:24 PM

Fallon on April 2, 2012 at 7:18 PM

Like ladies that already look like a bird wearing those oversize glasses or the shaved duck butt hairdoo. One of my favorite fashion accessories though is the elaborate nail job that just takes that extra 100 lbs. off.

arnold ziffel on April 2, 2012 at 7:27 PM

slickwillie2001 on April 2, 2012 at 7:15 PM

Nice pic. How appropriate her standing next to Batalli who just settled for a tremendous sum for stiffing his wait staff at this restaurants.

arnold ziffel on April 2, 2012 at 7:29 PM

My last comment on this thread.

Michelle Obama, you or your 53 assistants likely read these threads.

Please don’t disappoint ALL (not just Black) American women with your poor fashion choices. Remember, you are supposed to be ours… We want you to look better, more elegant, more tasteful and classy than anyone else in the world.

Choose elegance. Choose style. Choose class. Choose outfits that fit you well, color schemes that fit your tone; shoes and purses to fit the occasions and please choose your outfits to fit the occasion and the phase in your time in office.

Fire your stylists. They are sabotaging you.

Key West Reader on April 2, 2012 at 7:31 PM

With that costume Michelle Obama had on I thought she was at Comic-Con!

Dasher on April 2, 2012 at 7:35 PM

Stupidity and derangement all over this thread. Some people need to get a life and micro-analyzing everything the Obama’s do.

0bamaderangementsyndrom on April 2, 2012 at 7:37 PM

My first thought regarding this picture –

Peggy – Al’s wife on ‘Married with Children’

THAT is how Peggy dressed – decades ago !!!

SHE thought she was sexy too… blah then, blah now…

kennedyk49 on April 2, 2012 at 7:43 PM

She should have that sense on her own, Fallon. Admit it.
Key West Reader on April 2, 2012 at 7:24 PM

She should but obviously doesn’t.

Fire your stylists. They are sabotaging you.

Key West Reader on April 2, 2012 at 7:31 PM

I think she might be… um… a bit difficult to work for. There might be some sabotage or revenge involved in these awful outfits and she doesn’t have enough fashion sense to catch it.

Fallon on April 2, 2012 at 7:45 PM

I worked with Jackie Onassis my first job in publishing. She was a classy, impeccable dresser every single day of her life. Head to toe.

Michelle Obama is no Jackie O. Moose’s outfits are the clown car at the end of the anti-Christ Obama circus. It couldn’t be more fitting as a final insult.

Urban Infidel on April 2, 2012 at 8:26 PM

How stupid does someone have to be to troll a political site using the same handle they use on a lonely hearts dating site?
Rhetorical question, of course.
farsighted on April 2, 2012 at 6:43 PM

Well, I thought that when I first saw the link in its early days…

But then I decided that what he is hoping for is that some unkempt hippie chick, like this, will check him out and say: “OOOH, are you the Kenninct that just eviscerates those neanderthals on HotAir?” You ARE??!?!?!!? Oh, my proud rainbow warrior, take me, take me, right in your mom’s basement”.

LegendHasIt on April 2, 2012 at 8:52 PM

LegendHasIt on April 2, 2012 at 8:52 PM

Fer krisakes, would a simple content warning be too much to ask?

:-)

coldwarrior on April 2, 2012 at 9:01 PM

SLAPS HANDS ON FACE.

Michelle! Really? That outfit? How perfect a reason to want you back in Chicago.

Limerick on April 2, 2012 at 9:09 PM

LegendHasIt on April 2, 2012 at 8:52 PM

LOL, literally.

You may be right. Not only is he trolling here, he’s trolling for dimwit liberal females.

When contacted he provides links to Hot air threads, beats his chest, and lets out a war cry.

farsighted on April 2, 2012 at 9:19 PM

That is one seriously ugly woman.

Jaibones on April 2, 2012 at 9:19 PM

Fer krisakes, would a simple content warning be too much to ask?
coldwarrior on April 2, 2012 at 9:01 PM

Sorry, I sometimes forget that most people have much more delicate sensitivities than I.

My abject apologize, and hope that your sight and your stomach recover soon.

LegendHasIt on April 2, 2012 at 9:34 PM

My abject apologize, and hope that your sight and your stomach recover soon.

LegendHasIt on April 2, 2012 at 9:34 PM

If one can survive QueenieinCt’s mullet, then Hillary Clinton should be a piece of cake…

Resist We Much on April 2, 2012 at 9:42 PM

I know this must have been said many times here, but I have to say it again. I cannot believe she appeared at a Children’s award show in that spandex outfit. It’s an appropriate outfit for Beyonce or Rhianna to wear to the Grammys, but the First Lady of the U.S.??? HuffPo ran its best and worst outfits at the Country Music Awards and one of their worst was a black spandex tuxedo type outfit that was far more appropriate than Mrs. Obama’s

xkaydet65 on April 2, 2012 at 10:11 PM

Tina, Tina, Tina…..

I wonder about you. can you possibly be this naive and stupid?

First of all, Michelle Obama resisted coming to Washington DC and fulfilling the responsibilities that American voters had entrusted to her. She wanted to stay in her comfort zone in Chicago — credentialed African-Americans and guilty liberal whites. we learn this from the book on the obama marriage that came out recently.

For the first 3 or 4 months of Obama’s Presidency, Michelle complained publicly– often in speeches to children and young people — that she was not being paid as First Lady.

Hard to blame her — what good is a no-show job if you don’t get paid big bucks? In all her previous no-show jobs she earned a big salary while doing nothing.

She is the only First Lady in our history to demand a salary. Even Hillary Clinton never tried that. Historic!

As to her fashion sense — this is the worst outfit she has ever worn. And that’s saying something.

She is burdened with a problem known as “camel toe” which is visible in numerous pictures of her in tight pants (for the fashion-challenged, it means the crease in one’s vulva is outlined clearly). We are spared the rear view in photos of this outfit, but the tight pants and skirts she wears normally show the crack between her very large buttocks as well.

To complete the picture, her very very teeny tiny titties are usually sagging as they are here, down around what would be her navel if she could find it in the fat. And, her paunch prevents the tunic from closing as it should. Add in the back fat (hereditary) and the thunder thighs and it’s not a pretty picture.

Not what I expect from the first Lady of our great country.

str8tface on April 2, 2012 at 10:29 PM

Moochelle and the way she dresses is a disgrace to this country.

Another picture of Moochelle a couple of years ago that was not well circulated showed her slumped in a chair with her legs spread so wide that anyone could see way up her dress. It was vulgar. People that do such things have no morals.

Even Hillary Clinton, as bad as she was as First Lady, knew how to dress and sit decently.

sherrimae on April 2, 2012 at 11:18 PM

Not quite sure how to say this. I’m not real politically savvy as some of you here at HotAir are. I come here to be informed and usually, reading your comments confirms my impressions of the articles I read. I admire your smarts and bow to your political prowess and witty remarks.

As a woman, I find a lot of the comments here as loutish, offensive and … well, beneath you. Is this how you want the world to see conservatives? Would you speak like this about your wives, girlfriends and daughters? I bet that most of you have wives that don’t have perfect female bodies.

I’m no liberal, just a woman.

fullogas on April 3, 2012 at 1:24 AM

I’m no liberal, just a woman.

fullogas on April 3, 2012 at 1:24 AM

Sure. I can see your point. There’s a lot of cranky comments.

But she’s earned them. Sorry. She has more money than a lot of us will see and that’s not going to end with these grifters doing the rounds after they’re not in the WH. We’re not expecting her to be a fashion plate or spend outrageous amounts of money, but to lend some dignity to the office and that means wearing appropriate clothing. If most of us can manage going to work not looking like we’ve joined the circus or just got out of bed, THE FIRST LADY OF THE UNITED STATES can too.

From what I gather, she doesn’t have to spend a lot. Some nice tailored outfits and if she must go designer, she could probably get them cheap or even gratis considering it’s advertising for the designer. If she had any taste or sense whatsoever she would have found an upcoming American designer or any US designers and made a deal. Consider how well that would have went over. Cheap or free clothes and help advance US designers. Even go a step further and auction for charity afterwards.

But no, she has to dress like this. With all the advantages she has and this is what she deems appropriate?

She’s earned every nasty comment.

In some ways it’s sad, though. No one cares enough about her or is so terrified of her that they just can’t say “that just doesn’t work”. So she wanders out looking for the clown car.

kim roy on April 3, 2012 at 4:05 AM

Like her hubby, she’s a national embarrassment. Disgusting beyond words.

petefrt on April 3, 2012 at 6:43 AM

OMG! A model wouldn’t make that outfit look good. That is butt ugly and Michelle is too fat and too old to wear it. Disgusting. I cringed when I saw that. Ewww…

JAM on April 2, 2012 at 5:52 PM

Actually, it looks okay on the model.

Quisp on April 3, 2012 at 6:46 AM

America hating slob.

crash72 on April 3, 2012 at 7:13 AM

We paid for the outfit and the trip and all the junk food she ate. Bet the buffet line was outta food faster than we could yell sooooweeee!

Kissmygrits on April 3, 2012 at 9:05 AM

Where is Rocky

I see Bullwinkle, but not Rocky

Sonosam on April 3, 2012 at 10:53 AM

sexy :)
liberal4life on April 2, 2012 at 3:55 PM

To the moose species, irresistable

Sonosam on April 3, 2012 at 11:06 AM

Stay classy conservatives

plewis on April 3, 2012 at 11:20 AM

I enjoy your artices, Ms. Korbe, but this is too much:

“For the most part, Mrs. Obama has played the part of First Lady well…”

zoyclem on April 3, 2012 at 11:46 AM

kim roy on April 3, 2012 at 4:05 AM

Michelle needs to read this book, desperately.

But the fact that she does dress like this only solidifies my opinion that this is the way she shows her contempt for her position and for the country. All those idiotic get-togethers she has had in the White House confirms the same thing.

PatriotGal2257 on April 3, 2012 at 3:49 PM