Nikki Haley: I wouldn’t accept the vice presidential nomination

posted at 11:50 am on April 2, 2012 by Tina Korbe

As CNN’s Candy Crowley writes today, it’s never too early for the political world to play veepstakes. So, join the game — but don’t bet on Nikki Haley.

In an ABC “Nightline” interview set to air tomorrow at 11:35 p.m. ET, the South Carolina governor said she would turn down the vice presidential nomination if the eventual GOP nominee were to offer it to her. Her strong statement against the VP nod might help to diffuse some of the suspicion aroused by her early endorsement of Mitt Romney. Perhaps she didn’t endorse him merely to position herself well in the Republican Party. Maybe she really did — and does — think he’d be the best person for the job of president. That’s certainly the tone she struck in the “Nightline” interview:

A Tea Party favorite endorsed by Sarah Palin during her gubernatorial race in 2010, Haley’s endorsement in the Republican primary was a highly coveted one. The South Carolina governor came out early for Mitt Romney, criss-crossing the state with him in the weeks before the state’s January primary.

Despite her stalwart campaigning on his behalf, Haley claims she has no interest in being his running mate. If offered the vice presidential slot, Haley said she would not take it.

“I’d say, ‘Thank you, but no,’” she said. “I made a promise to the people of this state. And I think that promise matters. And I intend to keep it.”

But the governor fell short of delivering a South Carolina win to Romney. Instead the GOP presidential candidate suffered a substantial defeat in the Palmetto state, falling 13 percentage points behind Newt Gingrich.

Haley brushed off Romney’s loss.

“South Carolinians are strong, independently-minded people,” Haley said. “At the end of the day, they make their own decisions. And I respect them for that. And I welcome that. And I told him that from the very beginning.”

Interestingly, Haley sounded more open to the possibility of a 2016 presidential run. She said it’s not something she can imagine right now — but it’s also not something she would rule out. “Life has surprised me constantly,” she explained.

But would the GOP be open to her? Haley’s seemingly premature endorsement of Romney was interpreted by some Tea Partiers as an almost-heretical enrollment in “the establishment,” but she remains an inspiring figure in the Republican Party nevertheless. A low approval rating in South Carolina notwithstanding, she boasts at least one significant gubernatorial success. Under her administration, employers have created 22,000 new jobs in South Carolina. She’s also still a conservative female politician in the Sarah Palin mold — tough, thick-skinned, still feminine. It’s hard to think the governorship of South Carolina is the last important office she’ll hold.

video platformvideo managementvideo solutionsvideo player

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Thank you, Dr Pepper.

Rusty Allen on April 2, 2012 at 11:54 AM

SELLOUT.

HondaV65 on April 2, 2012 at 11:54 AM

Was she ever on the shortlist? If Romney’s gonna pick a female conservative governor who was elected in 2010, he’ll go with Susana Martinez. New Mexico is more of a swing state than South Carolina and the Latino vote is far more important than the Indian-American vote(with all due respect).

I predict it’s gonna be one of the following: Paul Ryan, Marco Rubio, Chris Christie, Bob McDonnell, or Bobby Jindal.

Doughboy on April 2, 2012 at 11:54 AM

Doughboy on April 2, 2012 at 11:54 AM
Yup, she views herself too highly.

Rusty Allen on April 2, 2012 at 11:55 AM

“What am I, radioactive?!” – Mitt Romney

Buckshot Bill on April 2, 2012 at 11:55 AM

From what I’ve heard from some of her constituents, she wouldn’t bring much to the ticket.

Kelligan on April 2, 2012 at 11:56 AM

What’s with these guys who keep saying they’re not going to accept VP? Not that I would like this lady as VP, but if your country is going to hell like it is, don’t you feel some sort of obligation to serve? That is, unless you’re not that interested in saving the country, as I believe more and more, is the story with Nikki Haley.

TruLevinian on April 2, 2012 at 11:58 AM

Doughboy on April 2, 2012 at 11:54 AM

If he holds all of McCain’s states, and just picks up FL, VA, NH, NC, CO, NV, IN, and New Mexico, Romney will win. With 271.

Buckshot Bill on April 2, 2012 at 11:59 AM

TruLevinian on April 2, 2012 at 11:58 AM

They just don’t want to damage their political careers by associating with a losing campaign.

Buckshot Bill on April 2, 2012 at 12:00 PM

Nikki Haley: I wouldn’t accept the vice presidential nomination

Who asked her?

Dr Evil on April 2, 2012 at 12:00 PM

TruLevinian on April 2, 2012 at 11:58 AM

It’s called false modesty. C’mon, you really think Marco Rubio won’t accept the VP nod if pressured by party leaders?

One other element which may be impacting someone like Nikki Haley could be what happened to Palin and her family 4 years ago. Haley already went through it(from her own party, no less) in the primary back in 2010, so I could understand there being some hesitation.

Doughboy on April 2, 2012 at 12:02 PM

At first I thought Jindal would be perfect,a man of color from the south but he is Catholic. Romney needs a conservative Protestant on the ticket,my guess is John Kyle.

celtic warrior on April 2, 2012 at 12:02 PM

Doughboy on April 2, 2012 at 11:54 AM
Yup, she views herself too highly.

Rusty Allen on April 2, 2012 at 11:55 AM

…NO KIDDING! And no…she is not “in the Sarah Palin mold”!

KOOLAID2 on April 2, 2012 at 12:03 PM

What a creep she is.

Fluke her.

Schadenfreude on April 2, 2012 at 12:04 PM

They need to throw your TEA Benedict Arnold azz out to the curb, you hypocritical fake. Get Fluked.

Schadenfreude on April 2, 2012 at 12:05 PM

SELLOUT.

HondaV65 on April 2, 2012 at 11:54 AM

I’m pretty sure she’s voting for the GOP Nominee. I’m pretty sure that you said you would vote for Obama. Who’s selling out, indeed :)

thebrokenrattle on April 2, 2012 at 12:06 PM

If she ran for President the leftist meltdown would make what Palin endured look like nothing.

CorporatePiggy on April 2, 2012 at 12:07 PM

Dude, Romney gave her Gov campaign $45,000.

I really like Nikki, but her endorsing Romney is a colossal mistake.

dforston on April 2, 2012 at 12:08 PM

Heartache.

KeninCT on April 2, 2012 at 12:08 PM

thebrokenrattle on April 2, 2012 at 12:06 PM

You are talking about selling out a political party, Honda is talking about conservative principles. Different thing, really.

Buckshot Bill on April 2, 2012 at 12:08 PM

thebrokenrattle on April 2, 2012 at 12:06 PM

VegasRick on April 2, 2012 at 12:11 PM

Gov. McDonnell will be the VP, if Mitt wins the primary.

Schadenfreude on April 2, 2012 at 12:13 PM

Heartache.

KeninCT on April 2, 2012 at 12:08 PM

Checked your empty website again, eh?

VegasRick on April 2, 2012 at 12:13 PM

Is there a story here?

minnesoter on April 2, 2012 at 12:13 PM

Once again, some of you can’t hold two thoughts in one head, concurrently. Dang, it’s asking so much of the righties.

Even if you are for Mitt, she is a weak brew.

Schadenfreude on April 2, 2012 at 12:14 PM

I think it is wise for people who have held high office only a year or so to decline the VP nod if offered. Nikki Haley, Chris Christie, and Marco Rubio all have a lot to offer and could well be contenders in the future. But none of them have held statewide elected office long enough to be the strongest candidate for President or Vice President.

Let them accumulate more experience, expertise, and accomplishments over a period of a few years and let us judge them on that accumulated record. Until then, they offer essentially the same blank slate that Barack Obama did in 2008 where we can project our hopes and dreams on them because we don’t know enough about them to know otherwise.

dczombie on April 2, 2012 at 12:14 PM

Is there a story here?

minnesoter on April 2, 2012 at 12:13 PM

Yes, that the Mitt adherents can’t think clearly. They want her, so they double lose. She’d bring detraction to the ticket and subtract, not add a thing.

Schadenfreude on April 2, 2012 at 12:14 PM

Maybe everyone knows that a deal has been made with Rand Paul and are trying to save face when they are not selected?

ModerateMan on April 2, 2012 at 12:16 PM

Buckshot Bill on April 2, 2012 at 12:08 PM

Honda has said he would vote for obambi if Romney is the nominee. You cannot whisk that away.

VegasRick on April 2, 2012 at 12:16 PM

Nobody’s asking you, lass. We need someone who is shorter on cute, longer on smart, and has some credibility left with the actual conservatives.

In fact, darling, why don’t you look for a position with Obama administration? You seem to meet the qualifications. DOJ might be a turd pile but even they have to have at least something on you to seek an indictment.

Archivarix on April 2, 2012 at 12:17 PM

First above all else: Know Thy Self.

Smart woman.

0bamaderangementsyndrom on April 2, 2012 at 12:18 PM

John Kyle, Bob McDonnell, Marco Rubio, Rob Portman.

I’d bet it’ll be one of those guys.

aquaviva on April 2, 2012 at 12:18 PM

Why is Nightline interviewing Nikki Haley in the first place?

Did South Carolina secede again?

Emperor Norton on April 2, 2012 at 12:18 PM

Buckshot Bill on April 2, 2012 at 12:08 PM

I didn’t know conservative principles began with an X next to Obama’s name in the voting booth.

thebrokenrattle on April 2, 2012 at 12:18 PM

Testing.

Emperor Norton on April 2, 2012 at 12:19 PM

Schadenfreude on April 2, 2012 at 12:14 PM

We need to convince Romney to grab another Rino. If he loses, at least he takes someone else down with him. If he wins, Obama goes down. Win-win, essentially.

Maybe we can get Mitt to pick Jeb Bush. Dos birds, uno stone.

Buckshot Bill on April 2, 2012 at 12:19 PM

Not a sell out so much as a never was. Like Romney, she faked it to get elected. Now that she has the power, she has no clue how to be the conservative she sold herself to the voters as.

astonerii on April 2, 2012 at 12:19 PM

aquaviva on April 2, 2012 at 12:18 PM

you forgot Jindal.
Actually-Jindal for HHS in a Mitt administration.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 2, 2012 at 12:20 PM

thebrokenrattle on April 2, 2012 at 12:18 PM

Perhaps they end with an X next to Romney’s name.

Buckshot Bill on April 2, 2012 at 12:20 PM

Susana Martinez or Robert McDonnell. No downside to either, except both are needed in their states.

Archivarix on April 2, 2012 at 12:21 PM

I don’t think she was ever on the short list to begin with… Too green… Please stay where you are and square away South Carolina, then we’ll see if you’re needed on the national stage or not…

Nothing personal, its strictly business… we can’t afford any more AlGore or John Edwards types (not that I think of the SC Gov. is one of those in the slightest degree), just stressing the larger overall point about choice of VP and how important it has become…

Khun Joe on April 2, 2012 at 12:22 PM

Buckshot Bill on April 2, 2012 at 12:19 PM

NO more: Clintons, Bushs, Obamas and Kennedys. It’s not a monarchy, darn it.

Schadenfreude on April 2, 2012 at 12:23 PM

Heartache.

KeninCT on April 2, 2012 at 12:08 PM

…Hearton!

KOOLAID2 on April 2, 2012 at 12:23 PM

VegasRick on April 2, 2012 at 12:16 PM

Who’s whisking? Honda has explained his reasoning for voting of Obama as opposed to voting for another Rino GOP nominee. Argue with his reasoning, if you must, but he’s hardly an Obamabot or a “sellout” on his principles.

Buckshot Bill on April 2, 2012 at 12:24 PM

No downside to either, except both are needed in their states.

Archivarix on April 2, 2012 at 12:21 PM

Say what? McDonnell is term limited. He’s the one.

Schadenfreude on April 2, 2012 at 12:24 PM

SELLOUT.

HondaV65 on April 2, 2012 at 11:54 AM

Hmm I wonder if you thought Palin was a sellout for endorsing McCain? Or Perry for endorsing Giuliani?

GOPRanknFile on April 2, 2012 at 12:24 PM

Archivarix on April 2, 2012 at 12:21 PM
Still want Jindal-problem is he wants to stay in Baton Rouge.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 2, 2012 at 12:24 PM

Perhaps they end with an X next to Romney’s name.

Buckshot Bill on April 2, 2012 at 12:20 PM

I VEHEMENTLY disagree with you..but that was a good one!

thebrokenrattle on April 2, 2012 at 12:24 PM

John Kyle, Bob McDonnell, Marco Rubio, Rob Portman.

I’d bet it’ll be one of those guys.

aquaviva on April 2, 2012 at 12:18 PM

2 white guys and a moving van are way to stereotypical of the GOP-

No. 2 had better go to a woman candidate or Oslimer could eek out a win -with women majority- where he should not be able to-

FlaMurph on April 2, 2012 at 12:24 PM

From everything I’ve read about this woman, she is bad news. I hope some South Carolinians comment on this because it would seem that she pulled the wool over many eyes to get herself elected.

MustLoveBlogs on April 2, 2012 at 12:24 PM

Nikki Haley: I wouldn’t accept the vice presidential nomination

Who asked her?

Dr Evil on April 2, 2012 at 12:00 PM

Pretty much everyone that interviews her.

GOPRanknFile on April 2, 2012 at 12:25 PM

GOPRanknFile on April 2, 2012 at 12:24 PM

Honda jumped the shark a long time ago.
Ignore him.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 2, 2012 at 12:25 PM

Buckshot Bill on April 2, 2012 at 12:19 PM

NO more: Clintons, Bushs, Obamas and Kennedys. It’s not a monarchy, darn it.

Schadenfreude on April 2, 2012 at 12:23 PM

And no more Roosevelts!

Unless they can hunt.

Buckshot Bill on April 2, 2012 at 12:25 PM

It is sheer fantasy (if, in fact, the GOP establishment can force their chosen nominee through), that Romney will choose a running mate who is even mildly conservative, as this would further highlight just how liberal he is. The GOP establishment’s game-plan is to run a liberal-moderate against obama – it is not going to work, but their strategy is clear. Romney will not chose a conservative running mate, nor would he be allowed to.

Pork-Chop on April 2, 2012 at 12:25 PM

Buckshot Bill on April 2, 2012 at 12:24 PM

1. Honda is a free person, for now.

2. Can vote or not vote, for anyone.

3. Insulting Honda will sure bring him over.

4. Mitt adherents, you are the world’s worst marketeers. I’d fire you if I were Mitt.

Schadenfreude on April 2, 2012 at 12:25 PM

Buckshot Bill on April 2, 2012 at 12:25 PM

Schadenfreude on April 2, 2012 at 12:26 PM

GOPRanknFile on April 2, 2012 at 12:24 PM

I remember hearing this quite often in 2010, actually.

Buckshot Bill on April 2, 2012 at 12:27 PM

Word around the Net is that Haley is about to be indicted for tax fraud.

I’m surprised HotAir hasn’t picked up on it. I’ve seen it on several blogs and the Daily Caller.

Dack Thrombosis on April 2, 2012 at 12:27 PM

1. Honda is a free person, for now.

2. Can vote or not vote, for anyone.

3. Insulting Honda will sure bring him over.

Schadenfreude on April 2, 2012 at 12:25 PM

Mitt does likes firing people debating coaches that upstage him.

Buckshot Bill on April 2, 2012 at 12:28 PM

Archivarix on April 2, 2012 at 12:21 PM

Both have downsides although I don’t think Susana’s downside will hurt all that much. She hasn’t served a full term as Governor yet.

McDonnell’s downsides will hurt him even more, especially since Romney is struggling with women right now. His initial stance on the ultrasound debate and his thesis at Regent University will hurt him. I would actually be surprised if Romney selects him. He has been a phenomenal governor though.

GOPRanknFile on April 2, 2012 at 12:29 PM

Not a big Haley fan. It is easy to see that the establishment worked hard to turn her and suceeded and she loves the limelight.

But she is better than most in power atm.

unseen on April 2, 2012 at 12:29 PM

I was working late last night/this morning and listening to podcast of TEMS with Kerry Pickett where the news of Nikki Haley potentially investigated by IRS was mentioned. So needless to say was pleasantly surprised to find out that this was false. We need more like Nikki. Last thing we need is to have one of the up and comers succumb to something like that

Here is link to ‘The Hill’ reporting that it was indeed false

abnormal_1 on April 2, 2012 at 12:29 PM

Dack Thrombosis on April 2, 2012 at 12:27 PM

It has been debunked. The IRS has point blank stated they have not investigated her.

astonerii on April 2, 2012 at 12:30 PM

I remember hearing this quite often in 2010, actually.

Buckshot Bill on April 2, 2012 at 12:27 PM

Then, people tend to have very short memories.

GOPRanknFile on April 2, 2012 at 12:30 PM

Maybe she endorsed Romney believing he could beat Obama and she could beat Romney in a primary in 2016?

cartooner on April 2, 2012 at 12:31 PM

thebrokenrattle on April 2, 2012 at 12:06 PM

You obviously don’t understand the meaning of the term “sellout”.

Haley sold out her Tea Party roots to gain favor with the GOP establishment.

What the hell benefit do I get from the Dimmocritic Party by voting for Obama?

I’m voting for Obama because the choice is going to be between him and Willard – and both will FAIL. You don’t realize this – but Conservatism will be banished to the wilderness for the forty years that Carville predicted if Willard becomes President. He will fail – he doesn’t have the stuff to save the nation. The next President will either save the nation, or pilot it to the scene of the crash.

You’ll learn – I’ll be here for a very long time – I will teach you. As the road signs come up – I will point them out to you.

Carry On.

HondaV65 on April 2, 2012 at 12:31 PM

Word around the Net is that Haley is about to be indicted for tax fraud.

Dack Thrombosis on April 2, 2012 at 12:27 PM

Another false report. The establishment has been doing everything to take this woman down. They tried it while she was running and now they’re trying while she’s serving. I suppose this is what happens when you defeat the establishment.

GOPRanknFile on April 2, 2012 at 12:32 PM

Are the feds investigating her father’s Sikh church, where she apparently kept the books?

MustLoveBlogs on April 2, 2012 at 12:32 PM

Carry On.

HondaV65 on April 2, 2012 at 12:31 PM

Thanks, Dad :*

thebrokenrattle on April 2, 2012 at 12:33 PM

By the way, being investigated by the IRS is not a major issue. When you look at our tax code, the truth is that it is next to impossible to know if you have paid all of your taxes or gotten all of your deductions you could claim. Only if they can prove intention to decieve would I consider it a black mark on her. I still do not like her.

astonerii on April 2, 2012 at 12:34 PM

3. Insulting Honda will sure bring him over.

Schadenfreude on April 2, 2012 at 12:25 PM

The conservative movement needs Honda like it needs a hole in the head.

I don’t care what his “reasons” are for voting for Obama. There is no legitimate reason to vote for Obama and call yourself a conservative in any sense of the word. None.

KingGold on April 2, 2012 at 12:34 PM

HondaV65 on April 2, 2012 at 12:31 PM

Hard to believe that you and I see this election precisely the same.

astonerii on April 2, 2012 at 12:35 PM

Then, people tend to have very short memories.

GOPRanknFile on April 2, 2012 at 12:30 PM

I may be a little overweight, but referring to me in the plural is a bit much.

Buckshot Bill on April 2, 2012 at 12:36 PM

What a disappointment she has become. So much hype.

Oh well…moving on.

bazil9 on April 2, 2012 at 12:37 PM

I may be a little overweight, but referring to me in the plural is a bit much.

Buckshot Bill on April 2, 2012 at 12:36 PM

Lol no no. I wasn’t talking about you. I was saying that I’m sure the people that did call Palin a sellout when she endorsed McCain are the same people who want her running for President now. I didn’t have a problem with Palin endorsing McCain just like I didn’t have a problem with Haley endorsing Romney. Neither is a sellout…that’s the point I was trying to make.

GOPRanknFile on April 2, 2012 at 12:39 PM

astonerii on April 2, 2012 at 12:30 PM

That’s good to hear. From what I gathered, though, it wasn’t the IRS but the DOJ doing the investigating.

Either way it sounded kind of shaky. Something about a Sikh temple years ago and she was overseeing the finances. Of course, overseeing finances could mean nothing more than skimming a monthly report for about twenty seconds.

Dack Thrombosis on April 2, 2012 at 12:39 PM

The conservative movement needs Honda like it needs a hole in the head.

KingGold on April 2, 2012 at 12:34 PM

Hear hear….

I don’t go looking for enemies, traitors and sellouts. We have enough actual enemies to worry about. Anyone who thinks Obama is better than Romney is passing over, slowly from TruCon to ObamaCon.

thebrokenrattle on April 2, 2012 at 12:40 PM

KingGold on April 2, 2012 at 12:34 PM

There is, but you are stuck in your ways. Well wonder why the blacks of our society vote lockstep 90%+ for Democrats against their own well being… Well, voting R against your own best interest is also a stupid thing. My interest is not January 2013 thru January 2017. I plan to live much longer than that. My child(ren) will most certainly live far beyond that. What good to sell my vote for a small reprieve today in order to usher in a far worse future?

Conservatives, those who are conservative from the core, understand something that you obviously do not. When you have nothing but seed corn and spoilt (but edible) food, you suffer for the short period and eat the spoilt food in order to be able to use that seed corn in the future. Romney will eat the seed corn, I will not let that happen.

astonerii on April 2, 2012 at 12:41 PM

GOPRanknFile on April 2, 2012 at 12:39 PM

Ah, good then.

Now I wish I hadn’t said I was overweight.

Buckshot Bill on April 2, 2012 at 12:42 PM

…like she would really get asked to run for Vice President!

easyt65 on April 2, 2012 at 12:43 PM

Archivarix on April 2, 2012 at 12:21 PM
Still want Jindal-problem is he wants to stay in Baton Rouge.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 2, 2012 at 12:24 PM

Trust me, nobody want Jindal as much as the conservatives of New Jersey. That will instantly give me a reason to vote because no other VP, with possible exception of otherwise-unacceptable Christie, can turn the state around by painting every suburb in our purplish-blue state crimson red. Indian community is numerous and highly influential here, and they will crawl through fire and broken glass to nominate one of their own.

Archivarix on April 2, 2012 at 12:49 PM

astonerii on April 2, 2012 at 12:41 PM

Dodge all you like. This reminds me of something Newt said in one of the debates. According to you, it’s much better to shoot yourself in the head now with Obama rather than shoot yourself in the leg with Romney.

Even if that were true (it’s not nearly), you can survive a shot in the leg.

KingGold on April 2, 2012 at 12:52 PM

I am seeing more and more of this; the implication that Obama WILL win re-election (2016 talk assumes this). That’s because Mitt is such a poor candidate, but endorsing him gets the GOP establishment to smile on you favorably.

It is NOT a done deal, folks; it STILL is possible NOT to have to run with the Grandfather of Obamacare.

michaelo on April 2, 2012 at 12:53 PM

Here is link to ‘The Hill’ reporting that it was indeed false

abnormal_1 on April 2, 2012 at 12:29 PM

Schadenfreude on April 2, 2012 at 12:56 PM

astonerii on April 2, 2012 at 12:41 PM

Even if that were true (it’s not nearly), you can survive a shot in the leg.

KingGold on April 2, 2012 at 12:52 PM

These analogies are getting out of hand. Depending on your point of view, Mittens is either a seed eating chicken or a gunshot flesh wound.

Buckshot Bill on April 2, 2012 at 12:56 PM

Voting for Obama to “save” conservatism puts you in the same category of actual traitors and sellouts: The ObamaCon class of 2008.

Chris Buckley.

Peggy Noonan.

David Frum.

Kathleen Parker.

David Brooks.

Among others….

Would you like to join the ObamaCon class of 2012? Just vote for Obama to “teach those ******** a lesson.”

thebrokenrattle on April 2, 2012 at 12:57 PM

Hah awesome Nikki – you would not accept the thing that you very well was never going to be offered. Thanks for clearing up that non-confusion!

InVinoVeritas on April 2, 2012 at 12:58 PM

“Fear Obama but fear Romney less” –Romney 2012

Schadenfreude on April 2, 2012 at 12:59 PM

thebrokenrattle on April 2, 2012 at 12:57 PM

If I write in Palin, which variety of traitor am I?

Buckshot Bill on April 2, 2012 at 12:59 PM

InVinoVeritas on April 2, 2012 at 12:58 PM

In that vein, I would like to announce that I, too, won’t accept the VP nomination if asked.

Bitter Clinger on April 2, 2012 at 1:01 PM

Anybody who thinks she, or Rubio, or whoever is a sellout for endorsing the presumptive nominee is extremely short-sighted. I don’t support him, and I won’t vote for him…but then, I’m not in politics, so I don’t have to face political realities.

MadisonConservative on April 2, 2012 at 1:02 PM

If I write in Palin, which variety of traitor am I?

Buckshot Bill on April 2, 2012 at 12:59 PM

The extraordinarily dumb kind.

Undefeated!

KeninCT on April 2, 2012 at 1:05 PM

Even if that were true (it’s not nearly), you can survive a shot in the leg.

KingGold on April 2, 2012 at 12:52 PM

You argument is that Obama, who is reigned in by a Republican congress is a headshot wound. While Romney, who is buttressed by a Republican congress is a minor flesh wound. You are looking at the short term country effects. That is your call, your vote, bully on you.

My argument is that the Republican party is the best hope for our future. That Obama as president over the next 4 years is survivable and will increase the value of conservatism in the Republican party and the Republican party’s value to the American voter. Romney as president on the other hand will be destructive to the value of conservatism in the the Republican party and the Republican party’s value to the American voter. I am looking at the long term and voting for that which has a better chance of me leaving to my heirs a country worth more than when I took the reigns from my parents.

Now there are plenty of people who look at the world the way you do. We pretty much call them self serving piles of excrement and democrats.

astonerii on April 2, 2012 at 1:05 PM

I would bet any money she wasn’t even on the short list. I’m not saying anything about her ability as governor but, if they tore Palin apart, with her resume, I can’t imagine what they’d do the Haley.

I wonder if they’ll bring up Obama’s resume.

bflat879 on April 2, 2012 at 1:05 PM

The extraordinarily dumb kind.

KeninCT on April 2, 2012 at 1:05 PM

You are the expert when it comes to abject stupidity, being King F**knut yourself.

MadisonConservative on April 2, 2012 at 1:10 PM

She would be one of the ones that Mitt needs so desperately, this was a true “in your face” comment…it shows how much angst Mitt has caused with the conservative side of the GOP, it will be hard for him to overcome it.
Jindahl would help, Christie would not…Rubio would not…Martinize would, but she doesn’t have the “chops” yet.
It will be difficult for Mitt to find the “right” person, and not be turned down too often by the right.

right2bright on April 2, 2012 at 1:12 PM

If I write in Palin, which variety of traitor am I?

Buckshot Bill on April 2, 2012 at 12:59 PM

An unrealistic fool, but no traitor. And I still consider myself a Palinista. She’s just not running, so that’s that.

Of the four left running for the nomination, are you supporting any of them or none at all?

thebrokenrattle on April 2, 2012 at 1:13 PM

The extraordinarily dumb kind.

KeninCT on April 2, 2012 at 1:05 PM

So, if I write in Palin, I’m an extraordinarily dumb traitor. But if Honda votes for Obama outright, he’s just a plain-Jane traitor.

Buckshot Bill on April 2, 2012 at 1:14 PM

thebrokenrattle on April 2, 2012 at 1:13 PM

Hm, Newt I guess, but he has severe self control issues. Santy isn’t much better than Romney, and I don’t like running Senators for President in the first place. Paul is just a nut, and probably anti-Semitic. Romney is a democrat pretending to be a republican, at least since 2006. I can’t support him; my conscience won’t let me.

Buckshot Bill on April 2, 2012 at 1:18 PM

Some of you sound like there is a big stable of experienced honorable GOPers waiting around somewhere for the VP slot. You make the VP sound like a major player – look who’s sitting in the job now – bumbling Joe.

Ever consider that she, like the other people saying they’re not interested, don’t want to negatively impact any future political aspirations by being tied to a marginal ticket?

katiejane on April 2, 2012 at 1:20 PM