Matt Lauer to Palin: Are you reading any newspapers to prepare for tomorrow?

posted at 8:49 pm on April 2, 2012 by Allahpundit

A video hors d’oeuvre to whet your appetite for breakfast tomorrow. Seriously, whether you love Palin or hate her, why on earth would anyone watch you-know-who over at GMA instead of this? If you’re some kind of hardcore Katie fan who simply can’t digest morning yakfests unless they’re extra extra perky, good news — she’ll be there all week. Besides, what’s the hook except that it’s Couric doing the usual news and interviews instead of Robin Roberts? (Some GMA staffers aren’t happy about that substitution.) With Palin on “Today,” anything can happen. She could be great! Or some liberal guest could get snotty with her, leading to an angry exchange! Or there could be lots of awkward silences between her, Lauer, and company as they try to ignore their mutual hostility! Or something else could happen! You never know, whereas you know exactly how it’s going to go over on ABC.

Two clips for you here, one of her chatting with Lauer et al. and the other via Mediaite of McCain reacting. Based on how pleasant and chummy this segment was, they might as well offer her a contract. Good lord.

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

After watching Palin man handle the NDC err NBC TOday show staff, is it any wonder Mitt can’t catch on. compared to Gov Palin Mitt is the third string.

unseen on April 3, 2012 at 10:50 AM

Well, you know, I would put up my record as a CEO of a city, of a state, as an oil and gas regulator, up against any of the other potential GOP vice presidential nominees last go-around. So you know, I’m proud to stand on my record as a private sector and a public servant CEO. I would say it doesn’t matter if that person has national level experience or not, they’re going to get clobbered by the “lamestream” media who does not like conservative message. And it doesn’t matter if that person has been a known commodity to the mainstream, lamestream media or not, the GOP ticket, to tell you the truth Matt, doesn’t know what’s coming. They don’t know what’s going to hit them in terms of double standards applied to them and the positions that they hold and the records that they are running on, from personal family issues to anything else.”

unseen on April 3, 2012 at 10:53 AM

Toe to toe. She did well. Mat comes off as exactly what he is.

Bmore on April 3, 2012 at 10:36 AM

Sarah came off as sharp, determined, and self confident.. Matt looked every bit the Obama apologist, practically begging Sarah to admit Obama was actually making things better, when only the very rich, or those with technical skills are doing better. The rest of us are screwed, Sarah understood that.. Matt?… He’d drink Obama’s bath water and thank him for the privilege.

and THAT is plainly obvious to the public.

Lauer skipped right over Sarah’s charge the MSM would distort and apply double standards to whoever runs as veep… national experience or not.

and she’s right, and Matt did not deny it, the MSM hates the conservative message.. and will not play fair about it.

mark81150 on April 3, 2012 at 10:57 AM

I saw only the first interview, but from that one I surmise that NBC paid for their ratings bonanza by taking a .itchslapping from Sarahcuda!
As would any of the three stooges or grumpy old man currently running!

ConcealedKerry on April 3, 2012 at 11:00 AM

Sarah Palin = Spartacus!

ConcealedKerry on April 3, 2012 at 11:03 AM

I’m actually one of the ‘lucky’ and ‘privileged’ 1% who has to work all day, but will someone please tell me because I just have to know…. will Sarah stick around to slam drinks with Kathie Lee and Hoda in the 12th hour of the Today Show? I would LOVE to see the recap of that on The Soup!

justjulie20 on April 3, 2012 at 11:12 AM

Lauer is an idiot.

zoyclem on April 3, 2012 at 11:40 AM

In my dreams, I see Sarah respond, “Actually Matt, I’ve read several today. If you could stop reading from your teleprompter for a minute, you might have noticed that.”

EdmundBurke247 on April 3, 2012 at 3:58 PM

No Matt I won’t have read any news papers for tomorrow just read the prompter and make the necessary corrections that will be needed.

MSGTAS on April 4, 2012 at 10:03 AM

What an archaic notion. I read articles on my Iphone or PC. What a Luddite Matt is.

scboy on April 4, 2012 at 11:46 AM

The correct Palin response to Matt should have been: I don’t know Matt, have you been using your Rogaine to prepare for the show? That Liberal bald head is killing the lighting in the studio Matt.

F_This on April 4, 2012 at 3:31 PM