Quotes of the day

posted at 8:45 pm on April 1, 2012 by Allahpundit

“Although it would be folly to predict what the court will conclude, policy experts, insurers, doctors and legislators are now seriously contemplating the repercussions of a complete change in course two years after the nation began to put the law into place…

“The most ambitious provisions would be nearly impossible to salvage, like the requirement that insurers offer coverage even to those with existing medical conditions and the broad expansion of the Medicaid program for the poor. Popular pieces of the legislation might survive in the market, like insuring adult children up to age 26 through their parents’ policies, along with some of the broader changes being made in the health care system in how hospitals and doctors deliver care…

“‘The part I struggle with is how you undo two years worth of implementation,’ said Dr. Glen R. Stream, president of the American Academy of Family Physicians. ‘It would leave tremendous uncertainty about what is the direction we’re going in and that uncertainty would obviously affect the patients directly.’”

***

“‘A decision in the challengers’ favor … would lead to probably an array of attacks on different parts of the federal regulatory state because for the first time, you have five justices who are going to take very seriously limits on Congressional power,’ Tom Goldstein, publisher of SCOTUSblog, said at a POLITICO Pro briefing just before last week’s oral arguments.

“‘And so, a lot of things that Congress does that maybe framers of the Constitution would have thought are beyond what the true regulation of interstate commerce is — but which the modern Supreme Court has blessed — would be back on the table,’ Goldstein added…

“‘Is the court going to become a dedicated foe of all manner of social legislation?’ Lazarus asked. ‘If anything amounts to micromanaging rational choices by Congress, it’s this. Everyone acknowledges that it’s well within Congress’s power to regulate the health care market. … For a court to find a way to overturn that, second-guess that choice, I can’t think of a more radical transformation. The court would be basically reneging on the judicial restraint commitment it made in 1937-38 during the Roosevelt era.’”

***

“[I]t seems to me that a succinct answer to Justice Scalia’s question is that the commerce clause would not limit Congress’s ability to regulate broccoli — if members of the House and Senate were crazy enough to pass legislation requiring all of us to eat green vegetables and if that were deemed a rational way to regulate commerce. The same could be said of health clubs…

“Congress has the constitutional power to pass many bills that would strike most people as idiotic, but as a popularly elected assembly, it doesn’t. The Supreme Court itself has said: ‘The principal and basic limit on the federal commerce power is that inherent in all Congressional action — the built-in restraints that our system provides through state participation in federal governmental action. The political process ensures that laws that unduly burden the states will not be promulgated.’ And absurd bills like a broccoli mandate are likely to fail other constitutional tests…

“It seems curious that opponents of the health care law are now looking to the commerce clause, as opposed to the Bill of Rights, as a bulwark of individual liberty.”

***

“If there is a legitimate challenge to the law, my hunch is that it is likely to come over the question of whether the individual mandate is as narrowly drawn as possible to achieve its objective. If regulating the interstate market for health care requires regulating health insurance, and if assuring a healthy insurance market requires solving the problem of free-riders who drive up premiums and taxes for everyone else, then isn’t the solution to require everyone to buy ‘catastrophic’ insurance?

“Roberts asked that question twice, but got no satisfactory answer, either from the solicitor general or any of the other justices. The reason is that there is no good answer. The safer ground for health reform was always to base it, at least initially, on policies that cover major medical events such as a heart attack, a premature birth, or treatment of cancer or a serious chronic condition. Yet such an approach has always been rejected out of hand by liberal Democrats and powerful ‘disease lobbies’ who were intent on finally achieving health-care coverage that was both universal and comprehensive. Now their over-reaching has not only driven up the cost of health reform and made it difficult to win broad political support, but has also put the entire law in constitutional jeopardy.

“In the end, Roberts will see the institutional peril in overturning the most significant piece of domestic legislation in a generation, particularly in the wake of the overtly partisan decisions of Bush v. Gore and the Citizens United. With Kennedy in tow, the chief is likely to articulate a modest new limit on Congress’s power to regulate interstate commerce that would allow health reform to proceed in some fashion.”

***

“[I]n this case, nobody has said they want to stop government from providing universal access to health care. On the contrary, the plaintiffs have stated that a program like Medicare, in which the government provides citizens with insurance directly, would be clearly constitutional. They’ve also stated that a scheme of compulsory private insurance would be constitutional if somehow the government could make people buy it when they show up at the hospital — suggesting, as Elena Kagan stated, that the only problem with the Affordable Care Act is temporal.

“Most amazing of all: The plaintiffs have conceded that a universal health insurance program would be constitutional if, instead of penalizing people who decline to get insurance, the government enacted a tax and refunded the money to people who had insurance. As Sonia Sotomayor noted, functionally such a scheme would be exactly the same as the Affordable Care Act. Both the plaintiffs and some of the skeptical justices have also indicated that the Affordable Care Act would be constitutional if the law’s architects had simply used the word ‘tax’ to describe the penalty.

“Think about that for a second: If the justices strike down the Affordable Care Act, they would be stopping the federal government from pursuing a perfectly constitutional goal via a perfectly constitutional scheme just because Congress and the President didn’t use perfectly constitutional language to describe it.”

***

“[B]y requiring the private purchase of insurance, the mandate kept the true cost of the health care expansion off the government’s books, and largely out of the Congressional debate. As the Cato Institute’s Michael Cannon has noted, during the Clinton era the Congressional Budget Office scored an individual mandate as a form of government spending, which pushed the official cost of the Clinton bill into the trillions. But the Obama White House was savvier in its mandate design, and the C.B.O. was more compliant in its scoring. As a result, a bill that might require over $2 trillion in new health care spending — private as well as public — over its first decade was sold with a $900 billion price tag.

“So the mandate was politically brilliant, in a sense. But its brilliance was evanescent. Founding a new entitlement on an insider-friendly sleight-of-hand made the bill much easier to pass. But it’s made it harder to defend thereafter, both in the court of law and the court of public opinion…

“The reality is that the more treatments advanced medicine can offer us (and charge us for), the harder it becomes to guarantee the kind of truly universal, truly comprehensive coverage that liberals have sought for years. The individual mandate conceals these realities, but it doesn’t do away with them. If it’s repealed or swept aside, both left and right might be able to focus on a more plausible goal: not a perfectly universal system, but more modest reforms that would help the hardest-pressed among the uninsured.”

***

“A 2,700-page law is not a ‘law’ by any civilized understanding of the term. Law rests on the principle of equality before it. When a bill is 2,700 pages, there’s no equality: Instead, there’s a hierarchy of privilege micro-regulated by an unelected, unaccountable, unconstrained, unknown, and unnumbered bureaucracy. It’s not just that the legislators who legislate it don’t know what’s in it, nor that the citizens on the receiving end can never hope to understand it, but that even the nation’s most eminent judges acknowledge that it is beyond individual human comprehension. A 2,700-page law is, by definition, an affront to self-government.”

***

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 3 4 5 6

mark81150 on April 2, 2012 at 12:45 AM

Sounds like Duke is a very lucky little guy.

Cindy Munford on April 2, 2012 at 12:48 AM

arnold ziffel on April 2, 2012 at 12:46 AM

LOL! Oh Dear!

4Grace on April 2, 2012 at 12:47 AM

Let’s see how the media treats this stuff this time around.

Cindy Munford on April 2, 2012 at 12:50 AM

You do grow to love them so much, every bit family..

mark81150 on April 2, 2012 at 12:45 AM

yup, had her since a pup, she’s three years old. She’s smart enough to stay away from the rattlers but this one was is high grass and got her leg from behind. I’ve been having terrible dreams, don’t know what I’ll do if I lose her, except go on a mad snake killing spree with every gun I own and my John Deere shredder.

But she’ll be okay, thank God. Dogs > most people IMO

DHChron on April 2, 2012 at 12:51 AM

Let’s see how the media treats this stuff this time around.

Cindy Munford on April 2, 2012 at 12:50 AM

Silly Cindy, we already know the answer to that. :)

4Grace on April 2, 2012 at 12:54 AM

Bmore on April 2, 2012 at 12:41 AM

The previous night’s–03/30

Bmore on April 2, 2012 at 12:45 AM

The eyes and ears comparison gives you the general idea.

INC on April 2, 2012 at 12:55 AM

DHChron on April 2, 2012 at 12:51 AM

Prayers for your faithful companion!

4Grace on April 2, 2012 at 12:56 AM

arnold ziffel on April 2, 2012 at 12:20 AM

…the only reason I got excited in the last election, was when the senile Senator from Arizona put her on the ticket, I cooled off…until I spent a number of days going through the emails that were released…that the press wanted to find dirt with. THAT is a good woman!
I’ve been going over the Palin thread next door. Can’t go there!
I don’t dislike Mitt. In 2008 I wanted him just as he pulled out. I think if he is our nominee…he’ll be more conservative than people think.
I don’t understand this Palin-Romney hate each other postings going on there.
With the right people around her…she could have made a he11 of a difference!…I’m saying that based on the emails I’ve read.
Mitt may keep the ship from going down…but Palin would have it sailing in the right direction quicker.

KOOLAID2 on April 2, 2012 at 12:56 AM

Again, State *choice* vs *Federally Mandated*.

BlaxPac on April 2, 2012 at 12:44 AM

It wasn’t a choice for natives of Massachusetts that did not want their corrupt state government forcing them to purchase the services of their corporate crony donors. They didn’t like it any more than I would if I were them, I suspect, on principle alone. Whether you’re in a federal or state prison, does it matter that much? Maybe one has bigger cells or better food, sure, but you’re still in prison either way.

FloatingRock on April 2, 2012 at 12:56 AM

blink on April 2, 2012 at 12:52 AM

I agree, but the hosts seemed to be annoyed around that time.

Cindy Munford on April 2, 2012 at 1:00 AM

KOOLAID2 on April 2, 2012 at 12:56 AM

IMO the Palin Romney hate comes from them. I too wanted Romney more than McCain—Romney had never boned us, McCain had. This time around Romney starts off pushing us awaya nd his rabid supporters didn’t help matters. I don’ think he is a bad guy, I just want a fighter. With Romney, Mcconnell and Boehner I don’t have much hope. Sometimes you just have to go with the less effed and that is Romney. In fact compared to Obama he is made of gold—ok, silver.

arnold ziffel on April 2, 2012 at 1:01 AM

4Grace on April 2, 2012 at 12:54 AM

Well they can’t let that stuff slide as rookie mistakes, he’s POTUS and should have many more safeguards in place. But you are right, the media are still his little pets.

Cindy Munford on April 2, 2012 at 1:01 AM

You’re condemning him for what he might do and ignoring what was already done.

BlaxPac on April 2, 2012 at 12:44 AM

No, you are so confused, that’s precisely the opposite of what I’m doing: I’m giving Romney’s rhetoric very little weight, because words are cheap, especially from him history shows, and I’m condemning him for his record of what he’s actually done.

I’m doing it the right way, you’re doing it the wrong way.

FloatingRock on April 2, 2012 at 1:02 AM

Dire Straits QOTD song. Blame.

Bmore on April 2, 2012 at 1:03 AM

Prayers for your faithful companion!

4Grace on April 2, 2012 at 12:56 AM

thank you! the more the better :-)

DHChron on April 2, 2012 at 1:06 AM

No, no, you’re too kind, thank you, Dr Pepper.

Rusty Allen on April 2, 2012 at 1:08 AM

The eyes and ears comparison gives you the general idea.

INC on April 2, 2012 at 12:55 AM

You know INC, I’ve wondered at times which I would have the most difficulty with. Loss of sight or sound. The reading I’ve done suggest sound, but my instinct says sight for me. Every year that goes by I seem to lose a little bit more of each. My biggest issue with hearing as of late is tinnitus. Not severe yet, but omnipresent. Used to just notice it at night, bedtime and such. Of course its very quiet here at the house. The sound of water moving cloaks it. Until bedtime.

Bmore on April 2, 2012 at 1:09 AM

and my favorite funny almost ever

Sex Robot

I never get tired of this joke either Rusty Allen

DHChron on April 2, 2012 at 1:09 AM

I’m catching up on the headlines from today. I just saw the quantum theory of Mitt Romney. That was funny. He was on the mark and said it all except he didn’t admit this means the Manchurian candidate faces the Schrödinger’s candidate.

INC on April 2, 2012 at 1:10 AM

thank you! the more the better :-)

DHChron on April 2, 2012 at 1:06 AM

…(there’s more than you know!)

KOOLAID2 on April 2, 2012 at 1:11 AM

Bmore on April 2, 2012 at 1:09 AM

I think it differs for everyone. I’ve always been a reader, and I treasure my sight. Helen Keller said she wished she could hear.

If tinnitus is mild, there are various tiny sound machines you can get for white noise. I was given one with about six varieties. The rain forest sound with its bird chirps to keeps the bird company during the day!

INC on April 2, 2012 at 1:16 AM

What does he waaaaant?
He wants seeeeeeex.
Well, that is not happening, buster!

Rusty Allen on April 2, 2012 at 1:17 AM

Cindy Munford on April 2, 2012 at 1:01 AM

You are correct!!..The team Obie has assembled is horrible!!..:)

Dire Straits on April 2, 2012 at 1:17 AM

Bmore on April 2, 2012 at 1:03 AM

Excellent!!..:)

Dire Straits on April 2, 2012 at 1:19 AM

I never get tired of this joke either Rusty Allen

DHChron on April 2, 2012 at 1:09 AM

There is one on that same page that is very naughty. Has to do with salad and “Meredith” Isn’t there a beloved HA poster by that name?

arnold ziffel on April 2, 2012 at 1:19 AM

There are now shots you can get that will help protect a dog from rattlesnake bites. Doesn’t make them completely immune, but does reduce the damaging effects and gives you time to get to a vet. Before our dog died of old age, we got her the shots. She was a snake dog, she would find snakes when they got in the back yard and bark with a unique bark such that we knew there was a snake. She’d wait for us to dispatch it, and if we weren’t fast enough to get it over the fence, she’d grab it, shake it and run around the yard with it, crunching its bones.

… don’t know what I’ll do if I lose her, except go on a mad snake killing spree with every gun I own and my John Deere shredder.

DHChron on April 2, 2012 at 12:51 AM

That’s kind of standard practice here anyway. We have 4+ acres of desert with about 3/4 acre of house and buildings, maybe 1/3 or less acre fenced. The snakes are free to roam the area we aren’t. Back yard and buildings? If it slithers, it dies. period dot.

AZfederalist on April 2, 2012 at 1:19 AM

A little sad song about what was.

arnold ziffel on April 2, 2012 at 1:23 AM

Dire Straits on April 2, 2012 at 1:17 AM

He’s been very sloppy, something the press wouldn’t have put up with from anyone else.

Cindy Munford on April 2, 2012 at 1:24 AM

INC on April 2, 2012 at 1:16 AM

Thankfully where I live I get those sounds naturally. ; ) The water fall and the birds that is. With the occasional bobcat. Which has my wife’s cat freaked out lately. : )

Bmore on April 2, 2012 at 1:25 AM

Excellent!!..:)

Dire Straits on April 2, 2012 at 1:19 AM

Yes it was nice to get off that ipad thingy. Argh.

Bmore on April 2, 2012 at 1:26 AM

AZfederalist on April 2, 2012 at 1:19 AM

We live on a retention pond, I’m amazed at how rowdy the ducks and geese are at night. We saw one Cottonmouth when our neighborhood was young and sparse, hopefully they left when the people came.

Cindy Munford on April 2, 2012 at 1:27 AM

Cindy Munford on April 2, 2012 at 1:24 AM

I agree.. The LSM is loosing the war!..:)

Dire Straits on April 2, 2012 at 1:27 AM

AZfederalist on April 2, 2012 at 1:19 AM

Just curious. Do they come around the house? eg. on your porch while you are having coffee, etc. The snake doc on Animal Planet’s kid got bit when he was five around their So Cal house.

arnold ziffel on April 2, 2012 at 1:27 AM

AZfederalist on April 2, 2012 at 1:19 AM

Thanks, I didn’t know that. When I was growing up we lived in the country, and we had some heartbreaks over two of our dogs. I’m glad they’ve developed a vaccine.

INC on April 2, 2012 at 1:28 AM

arnold ziffel on April 2, 2012 at 1:23 AM

Nice!!..:)

PS..Just remember!!..:)

Dire Straits on April 2, 2012 at 1:30 AM

DHChron on April 2, 2012 at 12:51 AM

I’m really glad your dog’s recovering!

Bmore on April 2, 2012 at 1:25 AM

You’re set with your own forest then. Poor kitty–I guess she’s not comfortable with too much call of the wild.

INC on April 2, 2012 at 1:31 AM

What does he waaaaant?
He wants seeeeeeex.
Well, that is not happening, buster!

Rusty Allen on April 2, 2012 at 1:17 AM

can we get this guy moved to a different cell please?!?!

DHChron on April 2, 2012 at 1:31 AM

It’s nuts to think that if the SCOTUS frees us from Obamacare that we’re going to turn around and put the shackles back on by voting for Romney.

Again, Rock, you’re citing “maybes” in the face of “already happened”, via Obama and his Party.

If the Supremes reject the mandate, they’ll either say its unconstitutional as written or the idea itself, period. If its the former, why are you so sure Romney wants it for the country the same as Obama? If its the latter, why do you feel he’ll try to resurrect it?

The Republican Party is insane: they keep doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result, but now more than ever before we are onto their game, thanks to the Internet.

FloatingRock on April 2, 2012 at 12:48 AM

Not insane as so much as we don’t have enough Conservatives at the top…again it isn’t enough to just take back the WH or even Congress…we have to get back the party. But you have to have to do it in the right order.

Get the WH first, then the Leadership, then get the Congress. But we *must* win in 2012, Romney nominee or not…lose that and everything else doesn’t mean squat.

BlaxPac on April 2, 2012 at 1:32 AM

arnold ziffel on April 2, 2012 at 1:19 AM

ahhhhhh! the pu$$y salad? I’ve seen ‘em all, whitest kids are great ;)

DHChron on April 2, 2012 at 1:35 AM

Dire Straits on April 2, 2012 at 1:27 AM

I don’t know, they seem to get away with their lackluster job.

Cindy Munford on April 2, 2012 at 1:36 AM

PS..Just remember!!..:)

Dire Straits on April 2, 2012 at 1:30 AM

Good one. Looks like the singer went all out dressing for the concert.
Here is one for me Irish heritage:

She very pretty yay?

arnold ziffel on April 2, 2012 at 1:37 AM

DHChron on April 2, 2012 at 1:35 AM

You baaad. I only alluded to it. When the man/wife was called “Meredith” it was too much. How come poor ladies named Meredith always get guff? On The Office, the boss ran her over by accident.

arnold ziffel on April 2, 2012 at 1:40 AM

AZfederalist on April 2, 2012 at 1:19 AM

it’s a bit harder to find ‘em here, but they do like to sun on the road and near it, so I’ve managed to kill a good number just dragging the shredder along the roads. They’re even more dangerous cause some are developing without the characteristic rattler. I’ll just get rid of the high grass, and shoot anything with that’s longer than 7 feet…that’s how big they get around here.

DHChron on April 2, 2012 at 1:40 AM

Dire Straits on April 2, 2012 at 1:17 AM
Cindy Munford on April 2, 2012 at 1:24 AM
Everything Romney or Santorum says is reported as a gaffe, but Obama and Biden have been a 3 year gaffe.

Rusty Allen on April 2, 2012 at 1:40 AM

arnold ziffel on April 2, 2012 at 1:27 AM

They won’t come around in the manner you describe (while having coffee or sitting out), they are pretty much afraid of people. However, they do come to the house or backyard while no one is around. That’s what makes them dangerous, you can walk out and accidentally step on them or otherwise disturb them because you don’t realize they are there. Worst case here was when I went to check for a package on the front porch and a rattler was curled up in the door threshold. The good news was it was on the hinge side, not the latch side of the door. That would have been really bad news.

Used to use a shovel to dispatch them. I’ve found that I really like a 22 with shot shells. Winchester makes some with brass crimps that feed pretty well through a semi-auto handgun

AZfederalist on April 2, 2012 at 1:41 AM

Here’s my only problem with snakes, I seldom kill them. Here in the woods we have a snake called a Timber Rattler. They are similar to DHChrons with one difference. They like to give you that warning after they strike. DHChrons type are here also and get much bigger the the Timber type. They at least do give a warning on the front side. Copperheads are more a pain in the arse, they don’t mind water, I have creeks, it can be a problem. The good news is cooper heads in the lake can’t strike while swimming in deep water. The most dangerous for my take is the cottonmouth. Little devil that. I know it was upsetting to you DHCHron to have your dog bitten. I’m sorry to hear that. Here that is one of the reasons to have a dog. Better then dog then the human. At any rate I don’t kill em unless they absolutely need it. Black snakes, racers, rat snakes what ever you like calling them, are good to have and very beneficial. Any how thats my take on snakes.

Bmore on April 2, 2012 at 1:43 AM

Rusty Allen on April 2, 2012 at 1:40 AM

I know, it’s crazy.

Cindy Munford on April 2, 2012 at 1:44 AM

haha arnold, I remember that episode. Meredith was one funny slut.

DHChron on April 2, 2012 at 1:45 AM

then dog=the dog

Bmore on April 2, 2012 at 1:45 AM

Rusty Allen on April 2, 2012 at 1:40 AM

I am having difficulty staying sane when any innocuous or even stupid thing a repub says is front page. yet Jackson Lee, Hank Johnson, the whole sordid cast can say anything and we get a yuk yuk. Seeing that gd ex panther on the floor of the House in his hoody made Arnold talk number ten.

arnold ziffel on April 2, 2012 at 1:48 AM

I know, it’s crazy.
Cindy Munford on April 2, 2012 at 1:44 AM
I just hope that things come to light during the general and people take an objective look at the last 3 years. The guy said himself he would be looking a one term proposition.

Rusty Allen on April 2, 2012 at 1:49 AM

arnold ziffel on April 2, 2012 at 1:37 AM

Two thumbs up sir!!

PS..Give this a spin..:)

Dire Straits on April 2, 2012 at 1:51 AM

haha arnold, I remember that episode. Meredith was one funny slut.

DHChron on April 2, 2012 at 1:45 AM

Wasn’t she the one Steve Carroll was talking to inappropriately right after sexual harassment training and she said “oh no, that’s fine you can talk that way anytime.”?

arnold ziffel on April 2, 2012 at 1:51 AM

George Stephonupholuphugus called Obama’s flexibility outrage a gaffe today. They ignore 57 states, and treat serious issues of national security as “gaffes”. You gotta be kidding me!

but I guess what can you expect from a Sesame Street character?

DHChron on April 2, 2012 at 1:51 AM

but Obama and Biden have been a 3 year gaffe.

Rusty Allen on April 2, 2012 at 1:40 AM

I agree..The LSM has not been very good at hiding this..:)

Dire Straits on April 2, 2012 at 1:53 AM

Rusty Allen on April 2, 2012 at 1:49 AM

The thing I always try to remember is that most people aren’t like the folks here. They don’t think about politics, they only think about what is going on in their own relatively narrow world. Considering the press, the best thing Republicans have going for them is high gas and food prices.

Cindy Munford on April 2, 2012 at 1:53 AM

I’m going to hit the hay! Good night everyone, sweet dreams. Kiss your puppies if you have them.

Cindy Munford on April 2, 2012 at 1:57 AM

PS..Give this a spin..:)

Dire Straits on April 2, 2012 at 1:51 AM

Love them! Have a couple of their CD’s.

4Grace on April 2, 2012 at 1:58 AM

Would the last one out remember to leave the windows cracked a bit? The morning folks appreciate it. Here is a little something to keep you going for the next 44 minutes or so. The place doesn’t look all that bad really.

Good Night All.

Bmore on April 2, 2012 at 1:59 AM

arnold ziffel on April 2, 2012 at 1:51 AM

yep! She was always drunk too. Last season Will Farrel and Steve came to her door to award the annual Dundee nomination

DHChron on April 2, 2012 at 1:59 AM

Cindy Munford on April 2, 2012 at 1:53 AM

Yep, no way you can spin $4.00+ gasoline or the increasing cost of groceries. It can’t be hidden and people remember lower prices.

AZfederalist on April 2, 2012 at 1:59 AM

PS..Give this a spin..:)

Dire Straits on April 2, 2012 at 1:51 AM

I’m mad at those girls. I keep inviting them out to my farm but they never acknowledge my emails. I think they got me confused with the O’Ziffels–a bad group.

arnold ziffel on April 2, 2012 at 1:59 AM

Goodnight, Cindy.

4Grace on April 2, 2012 at 2:00 AM

Also out. Goodnight all

AZfederalist on April 2, 2012 at 2:01 AM

4Grace on April 2, 2012 at 1:58 AM

Good deal!..:)

Dire Straits on April 2, 2012 at 2:02 AM

arnold ziffel on April 2, 2012 at 1:59 AM

LoLz..:)

Dire Straits on April 2, 2012 at 2:03 AM

Goodnight Bmore, AZfed.

4Grace on April 2, 2012 at 2:03 AM

DHChron on April 2, 2012 at 1:59 AM

Excellent show but for some reason we just haven’t watched the last couple of seasons. The little grouchy blonde is very pretty when her hair is down and she is not playing her “Office” role. Remember when Dwight killed her cat by accident?

arnold ziffel on April 2, 2012 at 2:06 AM

I have a very long day ahead of me tomorrow. Better turn in.

Thanks to the posters for the information and entertainment!

4Grace on April 2, 2012 at 2:10 AM

this episode of Red Eye brought to you by Dr Pepper

a refreshing beverage with a delightfully bubbly tingle that stimulates 23 flavors of unparalleled taste bud ecstasy! AKA Joe Biden’s favorite physician!

Thanks Dr Pepper!

DHChron on April 2, 2012 at 2:10 AM

arnold ziffel on April 2, 2012 at 2:06 AM

my favorite cat death scene

Is it dead?!?!

DHChron on April 2, 2012 at 2:13 AM

See you Hot Gassers tomorrow. Rest up, be ready for liberal nonsense. Because they always have plenty.

arnold ziffel on April 2, 2012 at 2:13 AM

Is it dead?!?!

DHChron on April 2, 2012 at 2:13 AM

Forgot all about that. One of the many educational movies my son has made his pop watch. :)

arnold ziffel on April 2, 2012 at 2:15 AM

Cindy Munford on April 2, 2012 at 1:57 AM

Good night!..:)

Dire Straits on April 2, 2012 at 2:18 AM

latah arnold

DHChron on April 2, 2012 at 2:18 AM

Bmore on April 2, 2012 at 1:59 AM

Later..:)

Dire Straits on April 2, 2012 at 2:18 AM

4Grace on April 2, 2012 at 2:10 AM

Good night!..:)

Dire Straits on April 2, 2012 at 2:19 AM

May I be the FIRST to claim this thread in the name of BISHOP…

Gohawgs on April 2, 2012 at 2:30 AM

Gohawgs on April 2, 2012 at 2:30 AM

Hear!..Hear!..:)

Dire Straits on April 2, 2012 at 2:34 AM

Someone has to say not to a bigger, all controlling Federal Govt. It might as well be the Supreme Court…

Gohawgs on April 2, 2012 at 2:35 AM

You say no, I say not…

Gohawgs on April 2, 2012 at 2:36 AM

I claim it in the name Keanu Reeves – the greatest actor of our generation

DHChron on April 2, 2012 at 2:37 AM

It might just be me, but I’ve felt for a long time that the liberals on SCOTUS don’t know what their job is–to interpret laws and decide whether they jive with the Constitution.

Liberal SCOTUS justices are simply politicians with robes on. That breaks the delicate machinery on the American federal government. (Then, you see Kagan and Sotomayor on the court–How in the hell did these two ever get to the highest court in the land?!?)

To have one man decide whether this travesty continues is bad mojo, IMO.

(PS–Van Jones?!? WTF? Van frickin Jones!)

RedCrow on April 2, 2012 at 2:39 AM

I claim it in the name Keanu Reeves

DHChron on April 2, 2012 at 2:37 AM

The guy who starred in a movie remake that soiled the memory of the original?…Gort was not happy…

Ohh, and, Bishop’s contract clearly states that he is always FIRST…

Gohawgs on April 2, 2012 at 2:43 AM

more funny stuff according to DHChron

DHChron on April 2, 2012 at 2:46 AM

I claim it in the name Keanu Reeves

DHChron on April 2, 2012 at 2:37 AM

Ohh, and, Bishop’s contract clearly states that he is always FIRST…

Gohawgs on April 2, 2012 at 2:43 AM

IMO, he was his true self in, “I Love You To Death”. (Which I liked.)

RedCrow on April 2, 2012 at 2:47 AM

DHChron on April 2, 2012 at 2:46 AM

LoLz..:)

Dire Straits on April 2, 2012 at 2:48 AM

Gohawgs on April 2, 2012 at 2:43 AM

awwwwwww! you didn’t like the showdown with Death?

DHChron on April 2, 2012 at 2:49 AM

awwwwwww! you didn’t like the showdown with Death?

DHChron on April 2, 2012 at 2:49 AM

That whooooooooooooooooshing noise was Michael Rennie laughing…

Gohawgs on April 2, 2012 at 2:57 AM

hahahahaha…I thought you said sequel, not remake :)

I totally agree, that movie was terrible. Shame on you Keanu!

DHChron on April 2, 2012 at 3:00 AM

It’s why he’s so sad

DHChron on April 2, 2012 at 3:02 AM

Bmore on April 2, 2012 at 1:43 AM

I’m from MI, so no snake troubles here. But your quote is how I feel about most spiders. Until their thorax is as big as a pinky fingernail, I let ‘em live. They get the odd fly, etc.

RedCrow on April 2, 2012 at 3:03 AM

Well, nice to “see” you guys.
Been having some computer troubles. (Still don’t know what exactly the problem is, but it’s semi-operable–only BSODs every hour or two.)
I’ll leave you with this, though the Celtic chicks were much prettier.

RedCrow on April 2, 2012 at 3:06 AM

anyone remember land shark?

DHChron on April 2, 2012 at 3:11 AM

Rivera on FoxNews (up late, watching the re-run), is almost crying because he feels that SCOTUS will overturn Obamacare on a 5-4 “partisan” vote.

Umm, ok.

karenhasfreedom on April 2, 2012 at 4:43 AM

good monday morning!

another week, another lovefest towards dear leader

cmsinaz on April 2, 2012 at 6:42 AM

i hope roberts doesn’t kowtow to the lib pressure…
they are already bashing him for citizens united, just stay the course buddy, forget those idiots…

cmsinaz on April 2, 2012 at 6:52 AM

talk about being in a bubble, morning joe and the crew thinks the gop is losing in all demographics….

it’s all about social issues this am….yawn

cmsinaz on April 2, 2012 at 7:09 AM

So if the democrat justices vote FOR Obamacare they are not voting their political ideology?

ctmom on April 2, 2012 at 7:13 AM