Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads

posted at 8:00 am on April 1, 2012 by Allahpundit

If you’ve been thinking, “Gee, I hope there’s enough air left in the primary to justify a few more Santorum and Gingrich appearances on Sunday morning,” good news — they’re both on tap today. The highlight, though, is Biden sitting down with “Face the Nation” to explain why Mitt Romney would destroy America and why Obama’s the greatest American president of the past 500 years.

I usually don’t pay attention to the panel discussions but check out who’s set for “This Week.” Quite a clash. The full-line up via WaPo:

NBC’s Meet the Press: Rick Santorum; Sen. Chuck Schumer, (D-NY); Tom Friedman, New York Times; David Brooks, New York Times; Jon Meacham; Fmr. Rep. Harold Ford (D-TN); Mika Brzezinski, MSNBC

CBS’ Face the Nation: Vice President Joe Biden; Newt Gingrich; Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX)

ABC’s This Week: Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI); Rep. Chris Van Hollen (D-MD); George Will, ABC; Ann Coulter; Van Jones, Center for American Progress; Matt Bai, New York Times Magazine; Terry Moran, ABC

Fox News Sunday: Rick Santorum; former Gov. Howard Dean (D-VT); former Gov. Haley Barbour (R-MS); Bill Kristol, Weekly Standard; Liz Marlantes, Christian Science Monitor; Chip Saltsman, former Mike Huckabee campaign manager; Juan Williams, Fox News

CNN’s State of the Union: Sen. Mitch McConnell (R-KY); Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI); Rep. Mike Rogers (R- MI); Rep. C.A. Ruppersberger (D-MD); Jeff Zeleny, New York Times; Dana Bash, CNN

Comments

Bishop

angrymike on April 1, 2012 at 8:05 AM

Bmore

angrymike on April 1, 2012 at 8:05 AM

KOOLAID2

angrymike on April 1, 2012 at 8:06 AM

Is everyone still in bed?

angrymike on April 1, 2012 at 8:06 AM

ANGRYMIKE

katy the mean old lady on April 1, 2012 at 8:07 AM

Ann Coulter vs. Van Jones? This I have to see!

Naturally Curly on April 1, 2012 at 8:07 AM

Morning
Katy the nice old lady

angrymike on April 1, 2012 at 8:11 AM

I wonder how many stupid remarks Herr Biden will make today.

angrymike on April 1, 2012 at 8:13 AM

The biggest April Fool’s joke today is Joe Biden. Morning all!

txmomof6 on April 1, 2012 at 8:16 AM

Ann Coulter vs. Van Jones? This I have to see!

Naturally Curly on April 1, 2012 at 8:07 AM

I was thinking the same thing but I’ll be on the way to the golf course when that happens. Hopefully there is enough fireworks HA will post the highlights later today.

Hog Wild on April 1, 2012 at 8:17 AM

Ann Coulter vs. Van Jones? This I have to see!

Naturally Curly on April 1, 2012 at 8:07 AM

My thoughts exactly. I never watch ABC’s This Week Spinning for Democrats, but this cage match might make me tune in.

Rational Thought on April 1, 2012 at 8:17 AM

Herr Biden just might let the cat out of the bag on Russia if you listen closely, I mean why not, he has been on a ‘stupid’ roll.

angrymike on April 1, 2012 at 8:20 AM

I think I will paint the storage shed instead.

Maddysdaddy on April 1, 2012 at 8:21 AM

Not including the host, MTP has 6 liberals (including one fake conservative) and one conservative. The Obama News Network.

Basilsbest on April 1, 2012 at 8:28 AM

These shows love to have Santorum on to bash our nominee, and Rick gladly obliges because he’s desperate for any airtime.

What a pathetic stooge.

commodore on April 1, 2012 at 8:32 AM

Obama IS the greatest president this country has seen in at least 500 years, and that’s why he will win all 57 states this year…if not more. Then, we won’t have to pay our mortgages because we will finally get some of that Obama money.

Conservative Joe on April 1, 2012 at 8:35 AM

Basilsbest on April 1, 2012 at 8:28 AM

Tuesday’s Today Show should be interesting. I’ve already set the DVR.

Naturally Curly on April 1, 2012 at 8:36 AM

Conversely, if you’ve been (correctly) thinking, “Gee, I hope the GOP will unite around our nominee so we can beat Obama,” bad news — Santorum and Gingrich are too ambitious for that.

itsnotaboutme on April 1, 2012 at 8:41 AM

The honor of conservatives will be defended with Friedman, Brooks, Meacham, Ford, and Mika B. Mika B, the Moaning finger-wagger with the nice rack? She’s an idiot.

I agree: the Coulter-Jones cagematch should be good. I think it’ll be interesting to see Will deal with Jones, too.

BuckeyeSam on April 1, 2012 at 8:41 AM

Tuesday’s Today Show should be interesting. I’ve already set the DVR.

Naturally Curly on April 1, 2012 at 8:36 AM

You know they’re gonna screw with her, right? They’ll have her looking into the wrong camera, introducing the wrong segments, and generally looking like a fool. Couric will be prepped to ask her about obscure world leaders, obscure Supreme Court opinions. That network will do everything it can to make this little outing an absolute train wreck for Palin, knowing that if she whines afterward, she’ll look even worse.

Rational Thought on April 1, 2012 at 8:44 AM

I wonder how many stupid remarks Herr Biden will make today.

angrymike on April 1, 2012 at 8:13 AM

I think that the program was pre-recorded, so most of the outrageously outrageous remarks are already out there.

onlineanalyst on April 1, 2012 at 8:44 AM

What a pathetic stooge.

commodore on April 1, 2012 at 8:32 AM

Was there a nominating convention held that I didn’t hear about?

Shump on April 1, 2012 at 8:44 AM

Meet the Depressed is heavily weighted towards the Far (Left) Side. So what’s new?

onlineanalyst on April 1, 2012 at 8:45 AM

Conservative Joe on April 1, 2012 at 8:35 AM

Hate to admit it , but today when I woke up I finally realized what a great person and president Obama is.

It’s the Official Obama is the greatest person ever day today.

the_nile on April 1, 2012 at 8:49 AM

Rational Thought on April 1, 2012 at 8:44 AM

I think she’s ready, and Couric will be on ABC not NBC.

“I see this as a good opportunity to bring an independent, common-sense conservative perspective to NBC. We’re ‘going rogue’ and infiltrating some turf for a day,” Palin told Breitbart News.

Palin and Couric will be squaring off, in a sense, for the first time since their controversial interview on the 2008 campaign trail.

When Breitbart News asked for a comment about the fact that she will be competing with Couric, Gov. Palin responded simply: “Game on.”

Indeed.

idesign on April 1, 2012 at 8:50 AM

Rational Thought on April 1, 2012 at 8:44 AM

It’s a very short article; had you read it you would know that Couric will be guest-hosting Good Morning America. And if you really believe everything else you said-you should change your name to PDS.

Naturally Curly on April 1, 2012 at 8:54 AM

I’ll be working Tuesday, but gee, let’s see. Palin or past her prime pathetically perky? Hmmmm.

katy the mean old lady on April 1, 2012 at 8:55 AM

Naturally Curly on April 1, 2012 at 8:36 AM

We’ll, that should be interesting.

Is this a strategic incursian into liberal territory in order to win over hearts and minds for the 2016 election?

or

is she’s looking to go “Huckabee”?

WisRich on April 1, 2012 at 8:57 AM

I wonder how Palin worked around her Fox News contract?

WisRich on April 1, 2012 at 9:00 AM

Sen. Chuck Schumer, (D-NY);

Why isn’t this man in prison?

davidk on April 1, 2012 at 9:01 AM

WisRich on April 1, 2012 at 8:57 AM

I take her at her word:

Naturally Curly on April 1, 2012 at 9:05 AM

What a pathetic stooge.

commodore on April 1, 2012 at 8:32 AM

He just denied bashing Romney 10 seconds after he stopped bashing Romney.

Basilsbest on April 1, 2012 at 9:09 AM

Naturally Curly on April 1, 2012 at 8:54 AM

Yeah, I read it wrong. But I stand by my assumption that NBC will be out to screw her over and make her look bad. That isn’t PDS. More like NBC-DS. They didn’t invite her on to make her look good. They hate her with a loathing I don’t think most healthy people can fully comprehend. That is Obama’s network, 100%. They’ll screw her over and make her look dumb. It’s why they invited her.

Rational Thought on April 1, 2012 at 9:10 AM

ann coulter vs van jones. she slept with him too?

renalin on April 1, 2012 at 9:21 AM

. They’ll screw her over and make her look dumb. It’s why they invited her.

Rational Thought on April 1, 2012 at 9:10 AM

I have no doubt that this is the outcome they’re hoping for. It’s just that I think it’s going to blow up in their faces. The truth has finally gotten it’s pants on and the lamestream media is bleeding credibility and viewership.

Naturally Curly on April 1, 2012 at 9:21 AM

Willard wasn’t nominated yet. That’s a fact, Jack!

This attitude of “hurry up and get in line” from his supporters is one of the things that makes Willard so unpalatable to people. It’s another form of acting “entitled.”

our nominee

How do you say “our nominee” in German?

Dump Willard.

Emperor Norton on April 1, 2012 at 9:25 AM

samantha guthrie is even more desperate than the romney supporters to have santorum concede the race to romney.

i wonder why?/s

renalin on April 1, 2012 at 9:27 AM

Wisconsin Sen Ron Johnson endorsed Romney.

davidk on April 1, 2012 at 9:28 AM

mika in all her awesomenes….

bleh

cmsinaz on April 1, 2012 at 9:33 AM

No OOTW this week….I think we all know what the winner would be anyways…

mr flexibility in chief

cmsinaz on April 1, 2012 at 9:36 AM

Another Sunday, another Santorum saturation on the tube.

jan3 on April 1, 2012 at 9:37 AM

BuckeyeSam on April 1, 2012 at 8:41 AM

I am with you on the nice rack. That’s all I stare at when she talks.

Uppereastside on April 1, 2012 at 9:38 AM

I love it, Biden with a “what could go wrong” tag. And who’d want to miss

scalleywag on April 1, 2012 at 9:38 AM

You think that dopey broad needs help to look like a dopey tool? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Your Mamma loves me on April 1, 2012 at 9:39 AM

jan3 on April 1, 2012 at 9:37 AM

*sigh*

cmsinaz on April 1, 2012 at 9:40 AM

Ugh, Santorum needs to go away. I’m sick of hearing and seeing that man. At this point it seems he is just trying to sabotage our nominee in hopes of giving himself another shot in 2016.

GO AWAY, RICK SANTORUM!

Will Pat Toomey endorse before the PA primary? I doubt Santorum will be able to carry his home state of PA in the primary.

bluegill on April 1, 2012 at 9:43 AM

It’s the Official Obama is the greatest person ever day today.

the_nile on April 1, 2012 at 8:49 AM

Yes, Yes. All Fools Day. Perfect.

lynncgb on April 1, 2012 at 9:44 AM

Your Mamma loves me on April 1, 2012 at 9:39 AM

I don’t know your mother…:)

idesign on April 1, 2012 at 9:44 AM

Rational Thought on April 1, 2012 at 8:44 AM

You’re already making preemptive excuses for Palin? Look, I agree with Palin a lot of the time, and I know the media hate her, but if Palin can’t handle hostile encounters or perform anywhere outside her friendly Fox News confines, then maybe she is in the wrong line of work (which, I guess, is political news analysis, advocacy and reality television).

As much as I loathe Rick Santorum, at least he isn’t afraid to take the worst of them head on. Herman Cain went on Lawrence O’Donnell and triumphed there. Same goes for Newt and Mitt, who can always handle the liberal media just fine.

Palin needs to toughen up, raise her game, hit the books a little bit, and quit whining.

bluegill on April 1, 2012 at 9:51 AM

bluegill on April 1, 2012 at 9:51 AM

Says the Mittwit nitwit…LOL

idesign on April 1, 2012 at 9:53 AM

Those are some choppers on Biden in that pic.

Fallon on April 1, 2012 at 9:55 AM

bluegill on April 1, 2012 at 9:51 AM

No, not making excuses for Palin. Just pointing out that here presence on NBC — any political pundit’s presence on NBC — is to make Barack Obama electable. So they’ll screw her over. That’s all.

And Santorum “isn’t afraid” to go on these shows because he’s bashing Romney, the very likely GOP nominee. Thus, when he’s on these shows, he’s one of them. For that moment in time, they’re on the same team. The Obama-bots in the media LOVE Republicans who bash other Republicans. They see them as allies. Believe me, if Romney gets the nomination, as I expect, and Santorum and Newt endorse him, as I also expect, their invites to these shows will disappear faster than you can say “Find us a Republican who hates Romney!”

Rational Thought on April 1, 2012 at 9:57 AM

bluegill on April 1, 2012 at 9:51 AM

^^^^^^^ April fool.

Fallon on April 1, 2012 at 9:57 AM

bluegill on April 1, 2012 at 9:43 AM

rmoneys unfavorables now over 50 percent among republicans.

keep up the good work.

renalin on April 1, 2012 at 9:58 AM

Who’s voice is more annoying and condescending?

Chuck U Schumer or Barry Hussein Soetoro?

I’d say it’s too close to call.

wildcat72 on April 1, 2012 at 10:01 AM

bluegill on April 1, 2012 at 9:51 AM

i smell the fear. your beaks been where it shouldn’t be. i smell it from here. LOL

renalin on April 1, 2012 at 10:01 AM

Ya think?

Priscilla on April 1, 2012 at 10:03 AM

Rational Thought on April 1, 2012 at 9:57 AM

I agree with that. And, as much as I hate to say something positive about Santorum, I’m just talking more about how he is rather fearless when defending himself and taking a stand on an issue, even when in an ideologically unfriendly setting. It seems he has been that way for years. Whether it’s a town hall meeting where few people agree with him on particular issues or a tough interview, he doesn’t seem afraid to fight or stick up for himself, something he is more than capable of doing. The way Palin avoids tough interviews makes you wonder if she is incapable of holding up in those conditions. In 2008 she even strugged on Hannity, of all places.

bluegill on April 1, 2012 at 10:06 AM

bluegill on April 1, 2012 at 9:43 AM

rmoneys unfavorables now over 50 percent among republicans.

keep up the good work.

renalin on April 1, 2012 at 9:58 AM

To know him is to loathe him. I’ll vote for him, of course, but I won’t be smiling when I do.

Naturally Curly on April 1, 2012 at 10:08 AM

Naturally Curly on April 1, 2012 at 10:08 AM

Romney has no core…..

idesign on April 1, 2012 at 10:11 AM

Palin, Palin, Palin. I love Sarah, but her time has come and gone.
Now she is just another talking head.

Long haired country boy on April 1, 2012 at 10:12 AM

G’mornin’ all.

Anyone know what is up with Ed?

novaculus on April 1, 2012 at 10:15 AM

Bishop

angrymike on April 1, 2012 at 8:05 AM

Bmore

angrymike on April 1, 2012 at 8:05 AM

KOOLAID2

angrymike on April 1, 2012 at 8:06 AM

Is everyone still in bed?

angrymike on April 1, 2012 at 8:06 AM

ANGRYMIKE

katy the mean old lady on April 1, 2012 at 8:07 AM

Good morning, thanks for cleaning up the joint angrymike, Fallon was happy, she has coffee and doughnuts. Katy, thanks for stopping him, he could have gone for the record 8 or is it 9? Kool how many again?

Bmore on April 1, 2012 at 10:16 AM

Palin, Palin, Palin. I love Sarah, but her time has come and gone.
Now she is just another talking head.

Long haired country boy on April 1, 2012 at 10:12 AM

you know what the “tell” is with you buddy boy? when you say “i love Sarah”

you talk about your mom/wife/daughters like that? hmmmmmm, didn’t think so. So the next time, just skip to the hate part. its more believable that way.

renalin on April 1, 2012 at 10:20 AM

What the heck is that smell? angrymike, thought you got the place cleaned up?

Bmore on April 1, 2012 at 10:23 AM

By appearing in enemy territory, not just NBC, Palin is trying to win as many friends (future voters) as she possibly can.
Unlike Obama who marks a dividing line between his followers and his enemies-Palin sees her enemies as future friends. Foresight is the mark of a real leader.

idesign on April 1, 2012 at 10:28 AM

ANGRYMIKE

katy the mean old lady on April 1, 2012 at 8:07 AM

(:>)…………………:)
lol

KOOLAID2 on April 1, 2012 at 10:29 AM

Your Mamma loves me on April 1, 2012 at 9:39 AM

bluegill on April 1, 2012 at 9:51 AM

Yep! It’s April Fools Day!

KOOLAID2 on April 1, 2012 at 10:39 AM

Yep! It’s April Fools Day!

KOOLAID2 on April 1, 2012 at 10:39 AM

I don’t think the smell is, well maybe it is, no its not a prank. Its just fish stank.

Bmore on April 1, 2012 at 10:43 AM

he is just trying to sabotage our nominee

No, he’s your nominee. That is, your presumptive nominee.

I really don’t like the way “our nominee” sounds. You might as well be saying:

“One people, one nation, one Romney!

Emperor Norton on April 1, 2012 at 10:43 AM

Who the hell could sit through Scarborough’s panel on Meet the Press with 100% libs. I turned if off despite the joy of seeing the boys treat Mika Boobinski like a poodle that needs patting on the head.

Marcus on April 1, 2012 at 10:45 AM

Bmore
I thought I got got all the trash out on the QOTD last night, then I open the joint and the trash shows up. Dang

angrymike on April 1, 2012 at 10:46 AM

Rational Thought on April 1, 2012 at 8:17 AM

..well, I would like to see Biden bloviate but I have more fun things to do today: I am going to clean out my septic tank.

The War Planner on April 1, 2012 at 10:52 AM

angrymike on April 1, 2012 at 10:46 AM

It is a thankless job taking care of the joint. ; )

Bmore on April 1, 2012 at 10:57 AM

The War Planner on April 1, 2012 at 10:52 AM

LOL! Makes me thankful I have no tv. : )

Bmore on April 1, 2012 at 10:58 AM

Santorum claimed he was up by 20 points in 2 polls this week in Penn. I can’t find them, and he does’t have the cash to do polling.

Outright lie?

rubberneck on April 1, 2012 at 11:00 AM

Bmore
I think everyone got two drunk last night, I just started the animal thread two.
WAKE UP PPL!

angrymike on April 1, 2012 at 11:05 AM

So, no one knows what is up with Ed?

novaculus on April 1, 2012 at 11:09 AM

I think ED’s on vacation.

angrymike on April 1, 2012 at 11:11 AM

Watched 3 minutes of Meet the Liberal Press. Oh. My. God. Beyond dreadful.

Rational Thought on April 1, 2012 at 11:12 AM

So, no one knows what is up with Ed?

novaculus on April 1, 2012 at 11:09 AM

Jazz said that Ed is on vacay celebrating the Admiral’s birthday or something like that. No worries.

Fallon on April 1, 2012 at 11:12 AM

Rational Thought on April 1, 2012 at 8:17 AM

Oh, I didn’t know that Sarah Palin would be guest hosting on NBC. Now I understand what you were saying. I thought you were talking about some upcoming major network news interview with Palin as the one being interviewed.

Outright lie?

rubberneck on April 1, 2012 at 11:00 AM

Was he challenged on that?

bluegill on April 1, 2012 at 11:21 AM

Coulter SPANKED them.

Some guy was trying to run down the stand your ground law and she eviscerated them.

To summarize she said there were only two scenarios:
1) The White Hispanic chased the boy down and murdered him.
2) The Black boy was on top of the White Hispanic, beating him and is was self defense.

In neither case is Retreating by the White Hispanic an option.

Got to see the whole thing.

barnone on April 1, 2012 at 11:22 AM

So how did Ann Coulter do? Missed it, but read some tweets that indicate she fought well. Anyone else see it?

jakev on April 1, 2012 at 11:23 AM

cmsinaz on April 1, 2012 at 9:36 AM

Well, there’s the problem right there. It’s considered an example of amateurishness instead of treason.

Cleombrotus on April 1, 2012 at 11:43 AM

bluegill on April 1, 2012 at 9:51 AM

That negates eveything else you just posted.

Cleombrotus on April 1, 2012 at 11:46 AM

Fallon on April 1, 2012 at 11:12 AM

Thanks. I hadn’t seen anything about his absence.

novaculus on April 1, 2012 at 12:48 PM

Indeed.

idesign on April 1, 2012 at 8:50 AM

That is not squaring off. Squaring of is to go on ABC and beat down Couric by answering every questions with insight and substance and destroying Couric by unmasking her.

galtani on April 1, 2012 at 2:36 PM

you know what the “tell” is with you buddy boy? when you say “i love Sarah”

renalin on April 1, 2012 at 10:20 AM

What the frail is YOUR problem, anus breath? You obviously cannot read. I said I love Sarah. Where’s the hate you speak of?

Long haired country boy on April 1, 2012 at 4:43 PM

galtani on April 1, 2012 at 2:36 PM

Sarah, what is best in life?

Sarah: “To crush the Liberals, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of Katie Couric.”

Gladtobehere on April 1, 2012 at 7:13 PM