Oh my: Palin to guest host the “Today” show on Tuesday

posted at 3:45 pm on April 1, 2012 by Allahpundit

Someone tweeted about it last night but I ignored it, figuring that a Palin/“lamestream media” alliance had to be an early April Fools gag. But then I remembered what GMA is up to this week. Now it makes sense: Palin gets a chance to one-up her old nemesis and “Today” gets a morning of must-see TV for right and left alike designed to steal Katie’s ratings thunder. It’s an “enemy of my enemy is my friend” deal. For a day, at least.

Said Palin to Breitbart.com:

“I see this as a good opportunity to bring an independent, common-sense conservative perspective to NBC. We’re ‘going rogue’ and infiltrating some turf for a day,” Palin told Breitbart News…

When Breitbart News asked for a comment about the fact that she will be competing with Couric, Gov. Palin responded simply: “Game on.”

If she and Katie end up goofing on each other on air, I’m going to leave my body and attain a state of total traffic nirvana. One question, though: Is this just a lark for Palin or a signal that she’s thinking of a career move into full-time TV? InstaGlenn’s post this morning reminded me what Andrew Breitbart said to John Hawkins in an interview last April:

Hollywood, that’s where the Left controls the debate and the narrative. Same goes with journalism. I think it’s more important.

That’s why I’ve been saying for two years that Sarah Palin could become a billionaire as a red state Oprah and do shows that are similar to the template of Oprah for the same audience — but instead of the victim template, use the hero template. Make it more uplifting, not about how this person was victimized in this way and we’re going to make this person whole by giving him a house or a year’s supply of diapers, but go out there and find the heroes and start showing people the American experience is not about political correctness and it’s not about multi-culturalism. It’s about E Pluribus Unum. It’s about there being a common American cultural dynamic.

Is this the first step? Exit question: “Today” is also promising the return on Monday of a “surprise legend.” Who’s that? I assume it’s Jane Pauley but all theories are welcome.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 5 6 7 8

ABO 2012…nothing less will do.

BlaxPac on April 1, 2012 at 10:48 PM

Spot on!

22044 on April 1, 2012 at 11:20 PM

She will go on NBC showing a little skin and cleavage and you and idesign will be glued to the tv and rewatching the recording over and over.
She will help someone with a recipe and you both will take that as a brilliant strategy to reach out to women.

Tea leaves upon tea leaves!

Bradky on April 1, 2012 at 11:17 PM

We’re famous with the Mittwits…

Too Cool..:)

idesign on April 1, 2012 at 11:21 PM

Etch-a-sketch can’t win the states he won in the primary in the general. Obama wins those states in November. So it doesn’t matter if I stay home. The problem is because conservatives will stay home Etch-a-sketch is toxic to the down ticket and will stop the GOPe from taking the senate. Karl Rove’s endorsement doesn’t mean snot!

Jayrae on April 1, 2012 at 11:14 PM

To win the gen, Romney needs to hold every McCain state, and pick up each of the following:
Indiana, Colorado, Nevada, New Hampshire, Florida, North Carolina, Virginia,

and at least one more Obama ’08 state.

Ohio would appear the most likely extra pick up.

Buckshot Bill on April 1, 2012 at 11:21 PM

Sarah, what is good in life?

Sarah: “To crush the Liberals, drive them before you, and hear the lamentation of Katie Couric.”

Gladtobehere on April 1, 2012 at 9:43 PM

Sarah Palin: “We are going to stay happy and may we always be happy and may our enemies know it!”

INC on April 1, 2012 at 11:22 PM

Bradky on April 1, 2012 at 11:17 PM

you really are clueless.

unseen on April 1, 2012 at 11:22 PM

Fine, you can be snarky, but you didn’t disagree.

22044 on April 1, 2012 at 11:17 PM

? SP.

We must watch different shows.

Buckshot Bill on April 1, 2012 at 11:24 PM

We’re famous with the Mittwits…

Too Cool..:)

idesign on April 1, 2012 at 11:21 PM

If by famous you mean viewed with amused contempt, then yeah, you’re famous.

troyriser_gopftw on April 1, 2012 at 11:25 PM

If by famous you mean viewed with amused contempt, then yeah, you’re famous.

troyriser_gopftw on April 1, 2012 at 11:25 PM

I have no idea who you are, for what its worth.

Buckshot Bill on April 1, 2012 at 11:26 PM

Do you dream about her too?

Bmore on April 1, 2012 at 11:26 PM

INC on April 1, 2012 at 11:22 PM

“We’re here, We’re clear, get used to it.”

idesign on April 1, 2012 at 11:27 PM

If by famous you mean viewed with amused contempt, then yeah, you’re famous.

troyriser_gopftw on April 1, 2012 at 11:25 PM

Contempt?

It sounds personal…LOL

idesign on April 1, 2012 at 11:31 PM

It was 55%.

Bradky on April 1, 2012 at 11:19 PM

Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin has used her Facebook page and Twitter feed to make high-profile and often winning endorsements in the 2010 cycle. But more than her ‘batting average’ for picking winners — which many commentators have focused on — it’s her ability to totally change the dynamic of a given race that sets her apart not only from current GOP rivals but even most other politicos in recent memory. Whereas others can provide an incremental push to unknowns and incumbents alike, only Palin has demonstrated the ability to pluck a candidate from virtual obscurity and rocket them to political stardom — and, often, to an unexpected win.

unseen on April 1, 2012 at 11:32 PM

Frankly, ever since Newt started this Lincoln-Douglas debate nonsense, I’m more apt to ridicule debate challenges anyway…
Buy Danish on April 1, 2012 at 10:49 PM

Thats because your boy is as stiff as his moussed up hair. Someone who has no charisma should be worried about debating Obama.

Garym on April 1, 2012 at 10:57 PM

Ya know, I don’t recall Obama challenging Romney to 6 Lincoln-Douglas debates (or vice versa). Oh well, thanks for the moussed-hair joke. Should I have a tantrum now?

Buy Danish on April 1, 2012 at 11:34 PM

troyriser_gopftw on April 1, 2012 at 10:46 PM
troyriser_gopftw on April 1, 2012 at 11:25 PM

Bam! Pow! Wham!

Buy Danish on April 1, 2012 at 11:38 PM

troyriser_gopftw on April 1, 2012 at 10:46 PM
troyriser_gopftw on April 1, 2012 at 11:25 PM

tink. dink. beepbeep.

BoxHead1 on April 1, 2012 at 11:48 PM

I have no idea who you are, for what its worth.

Buckshot Bill on April 1, 2012 at 11:26 PM

Heh.

Jaibones on April 1, 2012 at 11:51 PM

Bradky on April 1, 2012 at 11:17 PM
If I shake you like an Etch a Sketch will you disappear. I’d like to find out.

CoolChange80 on April 1, 2012 at 11:51 PM

Bradky on April 1, 2012 at 11:17 PM

That matress must.be sogging wet by now.

tom daschle concerned on April 1, 2012 at 11:53 PM

I have no idea who you are, for what its worth.

Buckshot Bill on April 1, 2012 at 11:26 PM

I don’t believe I was addressing you, Buckshot Bill. And I don’t know who you are, either, although I admit it feels a little awkward addressing a presumably grown man as ‘Buckshot Bill’. So tell me, Buckshot Bill, are you using your cowboy action shooter nickname? And if you are, do you ever feel just a tad ridiculous running around on a shooting range dressed like silent film star William S. Hart? Just curious.

troyriser_gopftw on April 1, 2012 at 11:56 PM

?

Seems pretty obvious to me.

Buckshot Bill on April 1, 2012 at 11:17 PM

Of course it does. You have names for the voices in your head and you understand their subtleties.

And this may come as something of a shock to you, but … I can’t hear them.

Jaibones on April 1, 2012 at 11:56 PM

unseen on April 1, 2012 at 11:02 PM
unseen on April 1, 2012 at 11:08 PM

Im sorry my answer arrived late: Was commenting elsewhere.

I don’t disagree – I do like Palin, and maybe after this cycle I would like to see her try and run again..or, if she’s had enough of politics in of itself, run for the GOP leadership.

But again, my concern isn’t so much the snubbing that Conservatives get; that’s part of the being in the scrum line, you’re gonna take knocks. So be it.

There is a bigger problem looming at us now, its that last 4 years we’ve been put through…and the possibility that another 4 will leave this country defenseless, in every sense of the word.

Again, we need to look at the whole picture. What will Conservatives get if Obama get a second term? We *still* wont get any party Leadership…we wont even get any legislation passed…in short, it’ll be a repeat of 2008-2010….and that goes double if we can’t take back Congress or even keep the House.

I want the GOP to move back further to the Reagan Right, I get that, i know that something we all want. But if we lose the country, then whats the point?

Time, brother. Buy time. If Sarah is willing or meant to run in 2016, then give her something to work with. Hold your nose for Romney (or whomever) when you pull the handle in the booth (believe me I had fifth of Jim Beam in my system when I went in and voted for McCain) but don’t sit it out this year…

Whomever the nominee is when the time come, rally around them, because like it or not they need us, and they know it…as long as *you* know it too and know your doing it for a better cause.

BlaxPac on April 1, 2012 at 11:57 PM

Tea leaves upon tea leaves!

Bradky on April 1, 2012 at 11:17 PM

S’up, B?

Jaibones on April 1, 2012 at 11:58 PM

Sarah, what is good in life?

Gladtobehere on April 1, 2012 at 9:43 PM

INC on April 1, 2012 at 11:22 PM

I speak the language of Ahnold better than I speak the language of Mamma Grizzly. In the end, I think we’ll get to the same place.

The context of INC’s quote is below:

JENKINS: You mentioned slander. Maureen Dowd of the “New York Times” called you the “Queen bee of the mean girls” and named several conservative Republican women, Meg Whitman, Carly Fiorina, Governor Brewer. How do you respond to that?

PALIN: That’s so funny, because I don’t think I’ve met that gal, Maureen Dowd, O’Dowd, whatever the heck her name is. I don’t think I’ve ever met her, and I don’t think she probably has met Jan Brewer or some of these other gracious, nice, hardworking momma grizzlies who are wanting to turn this country around.

So Maureen can say whatever she says. I encourage the other momma grizzlies to keep smiling as we work hard to put America back on the right track. We are going to stay happy and may we always be happy and may our enemies know it.

Gladtobehere on April 1, 2012 at 11:59 PM

troyriser_gopftw on April 1, 2012 at 11:56 PM

Wow, making fun of “name” of anonymous commenter on blog, killer!

Cindy Munford on April 2, 2012 at 12:00 AM

She had the same reaction to David Brooks, the officious Times twit, that ‘called her a cancer on the party’ and was impressed by Obama’s
having Niebuhr and his creaseless pants,

narciso on April 2, 2012 at 12:04 AM

Wow, making fun of “name” of anonymous commenter on blog, killer!

Cindy Munford on April 2, 2012 at 12:00 AM

Yeah, but I’ve been called just about every name in the book on this thread. Good humor wears thin.

troyriser_gopftw on April 2, 2012 at 12:05 AM

troyriser_gopftw on April 1, 2012 at 11:56 PM

Why do liberals think calling someone a cowboy is an insult? I’ve never gotten this.

Anyway, I was going to go with Zap_Rowsdower, but I figured (incorrectly it turns out) that no one here would get the reference.

Buckshot Bill on April 2, 2012 at 12:08 AM

Halliburton – HALLIBURTON!!!! HALLIBURTON!!!!!!

The Shrieking CONTEMPT of The Mainstream Media!!

williamg on April 2, 2012 at 12:10 AM

Pleasant Palin dreams everyone. Oh yeah you’ll be dreaming of this night.

Bmore on April 2, 2012 at 12:11 AM

troyriser_gopftw on April 2, 2012 at 12:05 AM

Don’t understand the name calling but don’t understand getting upset by it either. No one here has any power in your life.

Cindy Munford on April 2, 2012 at 12:12 AM

Medvedev: Working with comrade Obama has been the ‘best three years’ for U.S.-Russian relations in a long time

Sarah will have plenty of material on Tuesday.

Gladtobehere on April 2, 2012 at 12:13 AM

PALIN: That’s so funny, because I don’t think I’ve met that gal, Maureen Dowd, O’Dowd, whatever the heck her name is. I don’t think I’ve ever met her, and I don’t think she probably has met Jan Brewer or some of these other gracious, nice, hardworking momma grizzlies who are wanting want to turn this country around.
Gladtobehere on April 1, 2012 at 11:59 PM

FIFH. Sorry, can’t help it. This is one of my pet peeves with Palin’s speaking style. I don’t disagree with the content of that paragraph, but it’s a major annoyance to hear her do that “ing” thingy. Hope she doesn’t do that on Tuesday!

Wow, making fun of “name” of anonymous commenter on blog, killer!
Cindy Munford on April 2, 2012 at 12:00 AM

No doubt you’ve called out Sparky the SparkPlug for calling me “Prune Danish” or another name which implies buggery, right? Or are you just being arbitrary with your criticism as usual?

Buy Danish on April 2, 2012 at 12:13 AM

Wasn’t this the argument, four years ago, McCain was the only electable candidate, Mitt ran out of money, and Huck outflanked
everyone to his right, then he spent four months twiddling his thumbs, only calling out Sarah on a ‘hail mary’ pass. But when his handler Schmidt ‘called the ball’ she didn’t listen, hence the sliming by ‘Dr. evil’ and co,

narciso on April 2, 2012 at 12:14 AM

Wow, making fun of “name” of anonymous commenter on blog, killer!

Cindy Munford on April 2, 2012 at 12:00 AM

From Wikipedia:
William S. Hart – He is remembered for having “imbued all of his characters with honor and integrity.”

Why would anyone insult such a person?

Buckshot Bill on April 2, 2012 at 12:17 AM

Says the one who’s spent the past couple of years at least parsing every statement Palin’s made for grammatical errors…and if there are none, wondering who it was that really wrote whatever. Oh, and IIRC on one occasion taking Palin to task for a god-awful pink suit she was wearing. Uh-huh. Now point out to me some remarks of mine ever mentioning the appearance or attire of Mitt Romney. Or his grammar, for that matter.

ddrintn on April 1, 2012 at 10:39 PM

Ya know that’s true. Pruney freaked over the pink suit and other superficial aspects while acting like she was giving an objective ctitique. It’s just hilarious what that Jealous Mittbot does here with her sanctimonotonus attitude.

SparkPlug on April 2, 2012 at 12:17 AM

Buckshot Bill on April 2, 2012 at 12:17 AM

Like me, ignorant of the origination. Thanks for the information.

Cindy Munford on April 2, 2012 at 12:20 AM

OMG I think Pruney is jealous of Cindy too.

Btw how exactly does a Prune Danish imply buggery? That’s quite a stretch. One of them exxagerations.

SparkPlug on April 2, 2012 at 12:23 AM

Buy Danish on April 2, 2012 at 12:13 AM

I won’t refudiate what you wrote. But Sarah is just fine with me.

Gladtobehere on April 2, 2012 at 12:24 AM

Cindy Munford on April 2, 2012 at 12:12 AM

Ah. Ms. Manners strikes again.

Oh well, I guess this must mean we have permission to call Palin names now, and if commenters “get upset” you’ll step in and soothe their ruffled feathers, telling them you don’t understand what they’re upset about? And when I suggest you’re using passive-aggressive tactics again it won’t bother you one bit, right? We can say whatever we want because no one here has any power in your life. Wheeeeeeee!

Buy Danish on April 2, 2012 at 12:24 AM

Let’s see here:

Mitt Romney couldn’t motivate Republicans to go out and vote for him if he were running against a Hitler/Ernesto “Che” Guevara ticket. He’s that toxic a candidate. I mean, he’s not only an opportunist and a RINO Squish, he’s a Boring Opportunist and a Boring RINO Squish. People aren’t turning out for this guy.

But he has, er, HAD a nice dog. Too bad Seamus had to defect run away to Canada.

Meanwhile, an Allah post about Palin appearing as a guest-host on the Today Show gets almost 700 responses on HA alone.

Someone is doing the smart thing, and I think that someone is Palin.

Unfortunately for the Mittbots, they haven’t caught on to how bad their product is. Think of Mittens as a shiny new Apple iPad. You think it works real well, but you have a hunch that something is wrong with owning it. Then you find out later that it was built with child sweatshop labor, some of the proceeds of which went to Obama. You don’t feel so well about that Apple product. This is how you feel every time Mittens calls himself a “conservative”.

Too bad the Mittbots around here think that running Governor Greg Marmalarde for President is like selling a Multi-Level Marketing Timeshares in Gary, Indiana. Nobody likes being hustled by a con man; especially Reagan Conservatives. We already went down that road with Obama.

But, the Moderates want to have their Viking Funeral, so I guess Palin is determined to let them have it.

victor82 on April 2, 2012 at 12:26 AM

narciso on April 2, 2012 at 12:14 AM

The “last Rino standing” is always the only electable candidate, and almost always goes on to lose. Rinos are supposed to appeal to independents, and supposedly should be able to more readily pick up purple states and even make gains in blue states.

But in reality, Rinos spend all of their time and money defending red states that a more conservative nominee could easily hold while focusing on the battlegrounds.

Buckshot Bill on April 2, 2012 at 12:26 AM

Gladtobehere on April 1, 2012 at 11:59 PM

I thought of that quote because it’s sort of her version of Conan’s words!

INC on April 2, 2012 at 12:26 AM

You say Romney doesn’t have a chance, that Sarah Palin would do a better job? Okay. That’s the beauty of fantasy. You can imagine whatever you like, no harm no foul. Daydreams are fine. But here’s the thing: Romney and Santorum and Gingrich and Perry and Bachmann and Cain and all the rest took a chance and went for the big brass ring. They stepped up. Your hero didn’t. She opted out. That’s the reality of it. It is what it is, and we go up against Obama with what we’ve got, not with what some of you wish we had.
troyriser_gopftw
 on April 1, 2012 at 10:46 PM

This election season is far from over. If Mittness wins the nomination, he does not have my vote. Even if Oboobi wins, I will consider my third party vote well worth it, because I will have voted my principles, not my fears. If Ross Perot could get nearly 20% in 92, its my hope that the third party gets 30%. I also hope that the GOP / conservatives get majorities in both houses. That way Oboobi will be gridlocked. And if he continues his Marxist ways, then it should accelerate either the visceral pushback of progressives or split the country in two. With Mittness in the WH, it will cause many to become complacent and delaying the inevitable. So if you only fear Oboobi, then by all means vote for Mittness. I fear any politician that thinks government should be a nanny. I voted for my last nanny in 08. Never again. So we’ll see what happens this year.

Oh by the way, you do know that Abraham Lincoln was the third party candidate that won after third round in the convention? Also it was only a third of the Americans that wrested themselves an independent country from England? There’s a lot that only a third of the voters can do to change history and country if only they stay true and resist the path of least resistance out of fear. You’ve been sold a load of BS if you think our only choice is either the donks or a moderate Republican. Join us now or be a Johnny come lately in the next couple cycles — your choice.

AH_C on April 2, 2012 at 12:29 AM

OMG I think Pruney is jealous of Cindy too.

SparkPlug on April 2, 2012 at 12:23 AM

No, sparky, I’ve just had it with her arbitrary sanctimony. And as for your idiotic buggery jokes, it was another flavor you like to write type.

Buy Danish on April 2, 2012 at 12:29 AM

Cindy Munford on April 2, 2012 at 12:12 AM

Not upset, exactly. Just don’t feel especially civil.

Truth is, until this primary season I considered myself a typical Republican conservative, and have been so for years. Nowadays, though, I’m feeling out of place on this site, often in disagreement with many of the posters and moderators, especially when Ed Morrissey and Tina Korbe start beating the Santorum drum. Maybe it’s that conservativism is headed into a direction I’m not willing to go. I mean, come on, Rick Santorum and Newt Gingrich are conservative? By what measure? Who says?

The answer, of course, is not to frequent places where one doesn’t belong, either IRL or online. I hate the idea because I’ve been reading and posting on Hot Air since it started. However, my girlfriend, the love of my life, doesn’t think I should be writing for free anywhere and should focus more on paying work. She’s right, of course. Feeding the inner political junkie for hours on end is not smart business practice.

Been fun, though. I especially liked trolling the daylights out of the Stormfront neo-nazis and Prison Planet refugees who charged the gates on the last open registration. No regrets except for one.

Sorry, Buckshot Bill. Shouldn’t have made fun of your username. Uncalled for on my part.

troyriser_gopftw on April 2, 2012 at 12:30 AM

victor82 on April 2, 2012 at 12:26 AM

Now, now, let’s not disgrace the awesomeness of Viking Funerals by associating them with Moderates.

Buckshot Bill on April 2, 2012 at 12:31 AM

C
U
D
A

Metro on April 2, 2012 at 12:31 AM

Buckshot Bill on April 2, 2012 at 12:26 AM

Who would that conservative be?

Cindy Munford on April 2, 2012 at 12:32 AM

troyriser_gopftw on April 2, 2012 at 12:30 AM

I hear you, Palin threads bring out the best in everyone on every side.

Cindy Munford on April 2, 2012 at 12:33 AM

troyriser_gopftw on April 2, 2012 at 12:30 AM

No worries.

Buckshot Bill on April 2, 2012 at 12:34 AM

I thought of that quote because it’s sort of her version of Conan’s words!

INC on April 2, 2012 at 12:26 AM

There are many women who can smile sweetly while they tear out your throat. Sarah’s one of them. Unfortunately, she had to fight too many enemies. It’s too bad. I think she would’ve made a good POTUS.

Gladtobehere on April 2, 2012 at 12:35 AM

I didn’t know there were that many land mines left in Narnia.

Rusty Allen on April 2, 2012 at 12:35 AM

troyriser_gopftw on April 2, 2012 at 12:30 AM

Your site is neat. Is it possible to build up to a paying gig from comments on a blog?

Cindy Munford on April 2, 2012 at 12:36 AM

Who would that conservative be?

Cindy Munford on April 2, 2012 at 12:32 AM

Hm. At least on paper, Perry would be a stronger nominee against Obama, than Romney. Otherwise, Jindal, Palin, Demint, a few others. Most of our A-team conservatives are still building themselves up. The Dems have had the same problem; no strong candidates. Everyone with experience, is too old or too connected to DC. In the next few cycles though, we have several good possibilities. Though we’ll probably have to suffer through a Jeb/Christie run in ’16.

Buckshot Bill on April 2, 2012 at 12:39 AM

troyriser_gopftw on April 2, 2012 at 12:30 AM

Bingo. I said to my husband recently that I’m beginning to loathe my fellow conservatives and if I feel that way, it’s going to be a tough sell to win over “independents” and “moderates”. And it’s not just this site. I’ve been a faithful Rush listener for years. No longer. I adored Mark Levin, but literally can’t stand to listen to him anymore with his incessant, unhinged attacks on Romney. Both of these guys endorsed Mitt in 2008 too, so while I haven’t changed, they have.

Buy Danish on April 2, 2012 at 12:39 AM

I didn’t know there were that many land mines left in Narnia.

Rusty Allen on April 2, 2012 at 12:35 AM

A severely retarded jellyfish could make a better movie than this.

Buckshot Bill on April 2, 2012 at 12:46 AM

Buckshot Bill on April 2, 2012 at 12:39 AM

I thought Perry might have been a good choice, but it didn’t pan out. I think statistically speaking, the thinking was that The Won would be reelected easily and most didn’t want to bother this time around. But times and circumstances are more favorable than expected.

Cindy Munford on April 2, 2012 at 12:46 AM

Buy Danish on April 2, 2012 at 12:39 AM

Folks are po’d that the Rinos tried (successfully, unfortunately) to throw several seats to the dems in 2010, just because they lost primaries to TEA party candidates. A lot of conservatives aren’t really in the mood to just bend over and vote in lockstep with the GOP establishment Rinos this year, like in the past. Maybe never again.

Buckshot Bill on April 2, 2012 at 12:49 AM

Cindy Munford on April 2, 2012 at 12:46 AM

Quite likely. And many of the more conservative candidates probably thought they couldn’t compete with Mitt’s money and establishment backing. Sadly, the rise of Newt, Cain, Santy, even Trump briefly, would seem to disprove this. A stronger candidate could have given Mitt real trouble.

Buckshot Bill on April 2, 2012 at 12:53 AM

I can’t believe that I am saying this, but I’m going to watch the show. Only because Sarah will be on it, not because its NBC (Nothing But Crap). Matt Lauer and Ann Curry are nothing but jokes to be avoided.

Mirimichi on April 2, 2012 at 12:54 AM

Buckshot Bill on April 2, 2012 at 12:49 AM

No one thought that Obama would be Carter II. People haven’t changed, circumstances have and it would seem to be the right time for a small government conservative. None of those ran this time.

Cindy Munford on April 2, 2012 at 12:56 AM

Buckshot Bill on April 2, 2012 at 12:53 AM

I think if Gov. Romney can win, he will at least be ethical, that will be a nice change.

Cindy Munford on April 2, 2012 at 12:58 AM

Well she’ll certainly try to rally the base, because this is not an academic exercise, this is what Romney doesn’t understand, there are
real consequences with death panels, with the atrocious collision course happening in Afghanistan,

narciso on April 2, 2012 at 12:58 AM

Cindy Munford on April 2, 2012 at 12:56 AM

Sadly true.

As Rush said in 2008: “Conservatism didn’t lose – it wasn’t on the ballot.”

Buckshot Bill on April 2, 2012 at 12:58 AM

Buy Danish on April 2, 2012 at 12:39 AM

It’s not that any of them changed since 2008, the circumstances have changed. ObamaCare wasn’t on the table then. So, RomneyCare was not a problem in that cycle, it is a problem now. Romney’s refusal to call out Obama as a Socialist when that is exactly what he is, is a problem now. Romney has zero charisma and isn’t connecting with Republican voters. How are we to expect him to do better with independents than McCain did in 2008 with the media carrying Obama’s water? That is why we conservatives were so hellbent to have anyone but Romney. He just doesn’t have the juice.

Unfortunately, we had a bunch of lightweights show up for the tournament. Pawlenty quit after a freakin’ straw poll for crying out loud! Perry turned out to be quite a remarkable dud on the debate stage. Cain flamed out because the media decided that a black man had to be a sexual predator if he wasn’t a leftist, just like they did with Justice Thomas. Bachmann never stood a snowballs chance. Santorum and Gingrich stayed in long enough to pick up the votes that we all would have rather given to someone else if they had only ran.

Romney was the right guy in 2008 but he’s not now. But he’ll probably be our nominee and I’ll vote for him. And maybe, just maybe, he’ll win.

rmel80 on April 2, 2012 at 1:00 AM

Oh for…Not the “Our way or Third Party” playbook.

It doesn’t work. Trying to float that barge has not worked for Conservatives in so long, i can’t even look back to see how far.

Not a single solitary person that has attempted this in the past 40 years has done so with any success in Presidential Primary runs and only succeeded to hand victory to the opposing party…on Congressional level yes, but only if its a face out front getting airtime.

Paul. Perot.Tsongas….these guys are *footnotes* in political history. When the smoke clears, they never, repeat, never get further than fringe.

The Conservatives are mad, I get that, I’, one and mad too. But i wont split the country or hope that we can double down on the anger issue just so as to capture power…the country means more than that.

Giving this admin even one more day past the 4 years they’ve gotten is too damn much…being that much of a purist can only carry you so far.

BlaxPac on April 2, 2012 at 1:02 AM

Buckshot Bill on April 2, 2012 at 12:46 AM
Hahaha

Rusty Allen on April 2, 2012 at 1:02 AM

Cindy Munford on April 2, 2012 at 12:58 AM

rmel80 on April 2, 2012 at 1:00 AM

I just get a really bad feeling that the next 7 months are going to be filled with a lot of “managing expectations” from the Romney campaign.

Buckshot Bill on April 2, 2012 at 1:05 AM

Cindy Munford on April 2, 2012 at 12:58 AM

A politician with ethics? Surely, you jest!

rmel80 on April 2, 2012 at 1:07 AM

Buckshot Bill on April 2, 2012 at 1:05 AM

I really worry about an Obama administration that doesn’t have to worry about reelection. He’s pretty much a petty thug now.

Cindy Munford on April 2, 2012 at 1:09 AM

A politician with ethics? Surely, you jest!

rmel80 on April 2, 2012 at 1:07 AM

At this point we can only hope he doesn’t change back into a democrat.

Buckshot Bill on April 2, 2012 at 1:09 AM

rmel80 on April 2, 2012 at 1:07 AM

I guess it’s all relative. He’s more ethical than The Won.

Cindy Munford on April 2, 2012 at 1:11 AM

Are we sure he ever changed into a Republican? lol

rmel80 on April 2, 2012 at 1:12 AM

Cindy Munford on April 2, 2012 at 1:09 AM

We’d all be a lot better off I think, if we weren’t forced to depend on the likes of John Boehner and Mitch McConnell to hold Obama (or Romney for that matter) in check. The Executive Branch is getting way to powerful and congress is just going along with it.

Buckshot Bill on April 2, 2012 at 1:13 AM

I guess it’s all relative. He’s more ethical than The Won.

Cindy Munford on April 2, 2012 at 1:11 AM

Setting the bar pretty low there, Cindy.

BTW, you totally rock!

rmel80 on April 2, 2012 at 1:14 AM

rmel80 on April 2, 2012 at 1:14 AM

Politicians don’t have very good reputations do they? Thanks for the compliment.

Cindy Munford on April 2, 2012 at 1:18 AM

676 Not bad for an Irrelevant Thread on an Irrelevant Person. Rent Free! Palin 2016!

Oh yeah, you’re probably thinking about her right now. Dream state or not.

Bmore on April 2, 2012 at 1:18 AM

Buckshot Bill on April 2, 2012 at 1:13 AM

Every once in a while Sen. McConnell will do something procedurally that sets the Dems back on their heels. I love that! It doesn’t happen nearly enough.

Cindy Munford on April 2, 2012 at 1:20 AM

Cindy Munford on April 2, 2012 at 1:20 AM

The Republican leadership has this annoying habit of thinking it’s rude to fight the dems or defend conservative principles. Or the constitution. Bush was like that, far too often.

Buckshot Bill on April 2, 2012 at 1:26 AM

Buckshot Bill on April 2, 2012 at 12:49 AM

What on earth are you talking about? Do you think that because the unelectable COD won the primary conservatives “threw a seat” to the Bearded Balding Marxist out of spite or something? COD was never going to win. She had no record to run on for one thing. And Mike Castle had a lot of flaws but he wasn’t a Marxist. So woo hoo! 6 years after the Marxist’s election and the power of incumbency you and your fed up friends can try to unseat him.

No one thought that Obama would be Carter II.
Cindy Munford on April 2, 2012 at 12:56 AM

Really? Who’s “no one”?

Oh yeah, you’re probably thinking about her right now. Dream state or not.
Bmore on April 2, 2012 at 1:18 AM

You’re repeating yourself with your tiresome dream joke.

Sayanora…

Buy Danish on April 2, 2012 at 1:30 AM

Oh yeah, you’re probably thinking about her right now. Dream state or not.

Bmore on April 2, 2012 at 1:18 AM

Given the generally unused nature of the average Liberal’s head, isn’t Palin technically squatting?

Buckshot Bill on April 2, 2012 at 1:30 AM

Buckshot Bill on April 2, 2012 at 1:26 AM

It’s a double edge sword, I’m proud that they aren’t as nasty and unethical but it would be nice if bad behavior wasn’t glorified by the media. It’s bizarre the way the far to meek people are portrayed.

Cindy Munford on April 2, 2012 at 1:32 AM

GAME ON!

Go, Cuda! Go! Doesn’t matter how it will turn out!

It’s about time to bitch out on a libnut like Couric!

TheAlamos on April 2, 2012 at 1:33 AM

Buckshot Bill on April 2, 2012 at 1:26 AM

It would behoove you to read and listen to Romney’s speeches. He might disabuse you of your preconceived notions about fighting the dems and Obama.

Buy Danish on April 2, 2012 at 1:34 AM

Cindy Munford on April 2, 2012 at 1:32 AM

Its one thing to turn the other cheek and ignore insults, but sometimes you have to fight back, even if the media (and a few “conservative” writers) badmouth you for doing so. The republican party and the conservatives particularly, have been doormats for far too long and the country has suffered horribly because of it. Of all years, this was the year to fight back and run a bold, strong conservative to finally begin making seriously needed reforms to put the country back on track. I fear it’s too late now, and we are becoming Great Britain circa 1945 or so.

Buckshot Bill on April 2, 2012 at 1:38 AM

Buy Danish on April 2, 2012 at 12:39 AM

DLTDHYOTWO. Seriously, we do not need or want to be in the same party as you. Feel free to leave.

alwaysfiredup on April 2, 2012 at 1:41 AM

Buy Danish on April 2, 2012 at 1:34 AM

His words are not the problem, it’s that it’s obvious he doesn’t mean anything he says.

alwaysfiredup on April 2, 2012 at 1:42 AM

Buckshot Bill on April 2, 2012 at 1:38 AM

I know, sometimes I think if they are going to have the horrible reputation they may as well get some of the shots in. The perfect example of how bizarre the narrative is, you only have to compare the media coverage of the Tea Party and OWS. It’s like being in an alternate universe.

Cindy Munford on April 2, 2012 at 1:42 AM

Buy Danish on April 2, 2012 at 1:34 AM

I’ve heard him more than you might think. Probably more than I’ve listened to Palin, actually. I just don’t believe Romney when his lips move.

I hear something that sounds a bit too coached or pulled from a campaign poll, I look at his previous actions and statements as Governor, and I find a total disconnect.

The Romney running for the nomination today is a completely different Romney than existed before 2006. And I don’t even care much for the current one.

Buckshot Bill on April 2, 2012 at 1:45 AM

Bye.

Bmore on April 2, 2012 at 1:49 AM

Cindy Munford on April 2, 2012 at 1:42 AM

No politician or celebrity would dare spend a night with at an OWS tent city. Not without security. And lube.

Buckshot Bill on April 2, 2012 at 1:49 AM

Oh and pleasant dreams. ; )

Bmore on April 2, 2012 at 1:50 AM

Bye.

Bmore on April 2, 2012 at 1:49 AM

Adios.

Buckshot Bill on April 2, 2012 at 1:50 AM

Heh. Can’t wait until all the unsuspecting, uninformed liberals/Obots tune in for their daily dose to find smiling Sarah. At first they’ll recoil and want to change the channel in horror, but they won’t believe it’s actually her and will be drawn in inexorably, like moths to her flame. They’ll secretly decide to watch for just a minute. . . then two. . . and wind up admiring her – even liking her! This should be entertaining as heck. Heh.

Later in the day, the Couric in-the-tank vs. Sarah in-the- stratosphere numbers will surface. Doubly delicious. Payback’s a b$$$$.

Palin/West 2012!

For the first time in at least 20 years, I’ll watch Today.

Go Sarah!

Opinionator on April 1, 2012 at 3:12 PM

Opinionator on April 2, 2012 at 1:53 AM

Sarah Palin is a beautiful American woman.

Full stop.

Metal Head on April 2, 2012 at 1:54 AM

Buckshot Bill on April 2, 2012 at 1:49 AM

I can’t blame them, they are useful idiots from a very safe distance.

Cindy Munford on April 2, 2012 at 1:56 AM

Go, Cuda! Go!

Revenge is sweet!

TheAlamos on April 2, 2012 at 1:58 AM

Good night everyone!!

Cindy Munford on April 2, 2012 at 1:58 AM

Buckshot Bill on April 2, 2012 at 1:30 AM

Almost missed this little gem. LOL! ; )

Bmore on April 2, 2012 at 2:01 AM

Opinionator on April 2, 2012 at 1:53 AM

I can’t wait for the tweets:

Why is Tina Fey hosting the TODAY show! – Obama_luvr4evr